Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

[Event] Tricks and Harvest

Perry Bardell
    Perry Bardell

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Player 
    Lineage : Natural Illusion
    Position : None
    Guild : Onyx Moon
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 14,587

[Event] Tricks and Harvest Empty [Event] Tricks and Harvest

Post by Perry Bardell 22nd September 2019, 1:51 am

[Event Info & Sign-up Approval]

Perry Bardell

Post WC: 620 words
    Total WC: 620 / 1500 words
    Job Info: Tricks Abound Event
    Tagged: @Haraka Omaras
    Notes: Anything I could need this for

The air was getting colder, trees were changing colours, the days were becoming shorter and night longer. The season was swinging into autumn and Perry was glad. Summer had just too much sun for his liking. However, much like in summer, there were festivals in autumn. Most prominent were harvest festivals for this time of year, as well as the event of equinox. A lot of people gave these events and happenings great importance. So did Perry, but for different reasons. There were always so many people at these festivals, it made it painfully easy to pickpocket them and then slink away into the crowd.

One could call him heartless for stealing from people on such joyous occasions, but for the thief they were simply paydays, when he got to line his own pockets. Thankfully he didn't have to resort to that anymore, so Perry could actually enjoy these festivities for what they were. And somehow it felt different since he had joined the West Fiore Trading Company. As if he had an image to uphold and not give the Company a bad name, so he had little to no incentive to steal. Which was kind of counter productive, but he would find a way to make things work.

Last time Perry attended a festival, he was surprisingly occupied by dealing with summer-loving fanatics. He also met a colleague from the Company and together they put those fiery mages and sprites in their place. Eternal summer? No thank you. Perry didn't know that many people from the Company he belonged to, so it seemed like a good idea to perhaps try and get to know those he already knew a little bit better. That was the reason behind the invitation he extended to Haraka. Well, that and because he wanted to know the land where the Company was situated in.

There was indeed an autumn festival being held in Tolgalen and Perry wasn't going to miss it. The young man dressed himself in his usual attire, but the white, uniform version, plus his original hat that wasn't white. The festival wasn't what Perry would call exactly "being on Company business", but he was hoping that he would maybe get some freebies. Thankfully the dressing up part didn't take that long, so Nova didn't have enough time to complain. The unlikely duo left the main Company building and headed down to the festival grounds.

The air was beautifully crisp as the wind messed with Perry's cape. The thief held the rim of his hat, to ensure that he wouldn't be chasing it around Tolgalen instead of enjoying a festival."We don't really have seasons back home." Nova's voice would echo in Perry's head as they neared the festivities. Just like a lot of other people, it seemed. Which was perfectly natural. "You don't? So is it just like summer all the time?" The young man would ask his friend. "Well, I wouldn't call it summer, but just a singular season, yeah." As strange as it sounded to Perry, he reckoned that he did travel a fair bit. Thus he had experienced plenty of different sceneries.

The wind wasn't letting up as the thief and an extraterrestrial being stopped in front of the festival. It didn't have a clear cut boundary, but one could tell what officially belonged to the festival and who was just doing their own thing. The young man smiled as he smelled various food scents wafting through the air, making him slightly hungry, even though he ate fairly recently. "I hope that Haraka will accept the invitation." Perry would murmur under his breath as he turned around to face the arriving people, keeping an eye out for his colleague.
    ivyleaf33 of FTRP

_____________________________________________________________________________________

[Event] Tricks and Harvest PkW4jOz

Useful links:

Character: Perry Bardell ⭐ Primary Magic: Black Cat of the Night ⭐ Perry's Inventory & Info: The Black Cat's Threads and Possessions ⭐ Template: Code shenanigans

Golden Lacrima active until 10/10/2020 - purchased here
    Haraka Omaras
    Haraka Omaras

Main Account- Dragon VIP Status- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Dragon Slayer- Unknown Powerhouse- Achiever- Halloween job event participant - Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Player 
    Lineage : Dragonfly Healer
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Experience : 494,070

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

[Event] Tricks and Harvest Empty Re: [Event] Tricks and Harvest

Post by Haraka Omaras 23rd September 2019, 6:15 am

Black

Haraka Omaras

A smile played on the mixed bloods full lips as he calmly walked along. Autumn was a wonderful season, just as they all seasons were. It would be a lie to not suggest that the cold blooded creature didn't favor cooler weathers. Winter was without fail the season that was kindest to his person, no matter how much the mans old native culture loved the different seasons. The young looking person could feel their plant spirit friends feeling tired, but as eager as ever to face the day. This wasn't too surprising as autumn was the time of the year where most plants were getting ready to rest during winter. It was amazing how the season looked in different parts of the world that had it. Nature truly was an inspiring thing. This changing in the seasons mixed with an invitation from someone had put the doctor in a good mood. It was someone he had met during the summer solstice. They had seemed like an interesting man, perhaps even a friend in the making. Sadly the two didn't get much of a chance to bond or talk that day, nor figure out how well they would get along as friends. The reasoning behind that had of course been a number of people that had wanted an eternal summer and the two of them just didn't fit that. Neither of them had seemed too thrilled about the battling, but at least they had come out on top at the end of it all. How likely would it be for the two to run into fanatical people again? 'I better not say that out loud, might jinx things.' To call Harakas luck bad when it came to others seeking to kick his ass would be an understatement.

Most trouble that found the half ice dragon was more caused by being in the wrong place at the wrong time, just like during the summer festival. Calling it bad luck was a bit of an understatement. In any case the invitation from the fellow west fiore trading company member was the perfect opportunity to make friends. It would be nice to feel closer to more members of the guild. He was dressed in a white vest, grey dress shirt, white slacks, deep grey shoes, and a pin of the guilds symbol around the chest area. There was a large white bag slung over one shoulder full of items for various 'just in case' scenarios. William walked next to his father figure, a hand latched on to one of the legs on his parental figures pants. Where Haraka could wear an open smile, the childs eyes were far easier to read. Large eyes colored a reds and oranges that were full of curiosity and fear. This time it was a festival in Tolgalen, so it might be fine this time. Walking enough towards the meetup place revealed a certain blond already there. The older Omaras raised up a hand, waving to Perry as he approached. The young looking mans smile crept a little deeper, content with the current situation.
    "Hello Perry! I'm glad you invited me, last time we spoke there was too much fire." The last part was said with a playful tone before the man gestured a little to the tiny child that was still latching. "This is William, a baby I adopted last year. He's the demonic clam that was with me before."

The tiny childs fearful eyes looked up at the familar person before giving a brief wave and a quiet 'hello'. It seemed he could talk, but was either very shy or very fearful of people they don't know well. At the least he wasn't looking at Perry as fearfully as he did the strangers attending the event. He was wearing long but loose white pants and a white shirt with long white sleeves. His hair wasn't tied at the moment, leaving the long and warm colored hair to move freely.

The Blood of death kept me breathing. From that fluid birthed a new rhythm.

Words: 662

_____________________________________________________________________________________

[Harakas Bank] [Profile] [Ulhar Relgim] [Ice Dragon Slayer(2nd Gen)] [Second Heart] [Death Fae Doctor] [Characters Theme Song]
    [Event] Tricks and Harvest SnakeWeaver
    Perry Bardell
    Perry Bardell

Post by Perry Bardell 25th September 2019, 12:37 pm

Perry Bardell

Post WC: 417 words
    Total WC: 1037 / 1500 words
    Job Info: Autumn Event

The wind continued to ruffle Perry's company cape and continued to attempt to steal his hat from him. The young man held his hat in place, as he spotted a familiar face in the crowd. The face that he had been waiting for. He was very much glad that his invitation was accepted. Haraka was waving at him and he wasn't alone. Beside him was a child that Perry couldn't quite remember.

The thief's colleague made a little remark about the last and coincidentally first time they've met and Perry gave him a half smile back. It was surely a festival that would remain in his memory for a long time to come. The young man would wave back, as Haraka introduced the child that was there with him. William, William... Ah, yes, he had heard that name before. So that kid was him? The demonic clam, as Haraka called him? He would ask questions another time. The kid seemed to be rather shy. He was most likely overwhelmed by the amount of people present at the festival.

The mage would smile back at Haraka and William. "I'm glad you made it. Pleasure to meet you, William. I am Perry and this is Nova." He would gesture towards himself and his friend, who grinned, but probably looked more menacing than happy. "Shall we go, then?" Perry would ask as he turned around on his heel, joining the other people entering the festival and Nova would follow.

"Join the festival games and collect trophies as rewards!" A female voice would shout nearby. Perry's head immediately turned to pinpoint the origin, finding a rather breathtaking woman shouting things and events that would be happening or were happening at the festival. "Don't forget to buy yourselves some little trinkets from our shops, as you will not be able to get them anywhere else!" The young man would wink at the lady, but she was utterly oblivious and probably also used to such behaviour from men. "Keep your eyes on the road, yeah?" Nova's voice would snicker at Perry in his head, earning a glare from the thief. The young man would shake his head as he noticed the many stalls littered around the festival grounds. The mage would stop, with a question. "I actually never asked what you guys want to do. The lady said something about collecting trophies from games? That sounds interesting enough." He would suggest an activity, but he wasn't sure what the others wanted to do.
    ivyleaf33 of FTRP

Useful links:

Character: Perry Bardell ⭐ Primary Magic: Black Cat of the Night ⭐ Perry's Inventory & Info: The Black Cat's Threads and Possessions ⭐ Template: Code shenanigans

Haraka Omaras
    Haraka Omaras

Main Account- Dragon VIP Status- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Dragon Slayer- Unknown Powerhouse- Achiever- Halloween job event participant - Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Player 

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Haraka Omaras 27th September 2019, 6:55 pm

Black

Haraka Omaras

The small child looked up at the blond. Last time he saw the person it was during summer. There was fighting and chaos all over and the little one looked very different at that time. How does he tell them they met before? William doesn't, not yet. A little free hand reached up, waving at the two. What made him feel better and a little more comfortable was nova smiling. That was right, this adult had a scary looking friend. They weren't like the one man that wanted him dead. They wouldn't want him dead for being scary. A visible relaxing occurs with him, though one hand was still latched to their father. The world was still scary, filled with lots of people that he didn't know. With some amount of comfort gained, the child spoke with a quiet and shaky voice, each word being spoken as if they were also being sounded out. "M-e-t  a-a... a-a-t... ah, aat s-u-u-u-mmmm-e-r. I s-p-i-t p-o-i-s-o-n." Feeling less brave after the talking was accomplished, the child buried his face on the parental figures pants leg. Haraka smiled, petting the child gently a bit. "I think he likes your friend. William was in his clam form when you met him before. Sorry, he's a bit scared of the world."
    "World's scary!" The child quickly spoke up, as if defending them self. He seemed to be speaking much better, at least at that time. It was enough of an unusual thing to get a brief look of surprise from Haraka. Still, he pat the child again, letting the smile slip back before following after Perry. It seemed at that point their female side had slipped in, and the older Omaras let it.

Of course she was fully aware of the blond getting flirty, but the doctor couldn't care less. Well, it was a little funny to see him try to distract someone whom was soaked in their work. Then again there was more than one person trying to flirt with her anyway. The suggestion of trophies sounded interesting to the west fiore trading company member, but she had no idea what to do. She loved cooking, but would any of them want to join? Though the best part about cooking was feeding others. Actually, that sounded more than a little fun.
    "If any of you are hungry, I would love to enter the cooking contest. I could make a pie using the ingredients they offer while making a few things with my own ingredients for our little group." William looked up from his little space with an excited expression. Mommys cooking was the best cooking! Or so the clearly bias child thought quietly to himself, the opinion only voiced through quiet excitement sparkling in their large eyes. Feeling more than curious and excited about the idea of putting some nice food and feelings in the group, the mixed blood already started to go into the direction of the contest a bit. "This will be fast and easy to win, just tell me what you want. If you don't then I'll just have to guess." Of course comments like this wouldn't leave the other contestants feeling or looking too thrilled. It seemed most of those who entered were women, most the older ones looking unbothered by the common 'ego' they see on the 'youths'. As for the younger women?

There was certainly upset looks from some, but there were a few women who seemed to look like they didn't take Haraka, or her less than large chest very seriously. Why was there this sort of judgement? Contests can sometimes bring out the worst in people, possibly the real reason why there weren't many men entered. A hint that there had been more men that had wanted to enter was the small bits of clothes, or recipes in hand that suggested they had come prepared.

Words: 648
    Group Total: 2,347

[Harakas Bank] [Profile] [Ulhar Relgim] [Ice Dragon Slayer(2nd Gen)] [Second Heart] [Death Fae Doctor] [Characters Theme Song]
    Perry Bardell
    Perry Bardell

Post by Perry Bardell 29th September 2019, 3:01 pm

Perry Bardell

Post WC: 612 words
    Total WC: 1649 / 1500 words
    Job Info: Autumn Event

The little kid struggled a bit to confirm that they had met during the summer event. Perry couldn't really complain, though, as he himself could change shapes, so that wasn't new to him. Although he was not able to use his magic while in it. It could earn him some easy pats on the head, though. But a poison spitting clam? That was certainly a talent. Still, the young man was glad that the duo that had appeared was up for the suggested festivities.

Haraka even took matters into his hands and decided to join the cooking competition. Although Perry wasn't entirely sure if the organisers would let a contestant cook for others, it was worth a shot. And if Haraka gained the first place for a point, that would be even better. "I'm sorry, but I won't be entering." The mage would shrug. "I'm really not that good at cooking." He would say, apologetically. "Yeah, you're a damn disaster in a kitchen. Saw it first hand." Nova chuckled in Perry's head who only gave an exasperated sigh. "You don't have to remind me." He would murmur as Haraka asked about his food preference. "I think I'll leave it up to the head chef this time. Surprise me." The young man would smirk at his colleague, wondering what would come out of that decision.

Even though Perry wasn't exactly keen on joining the cooking competition, his eyes already spotted an activity that seemed like it was made just for him. "I'll tell you what." The young man would call out to Haraka. "You take that cooking competition and I will take care of that smug blacksmith over yonder." Perry would point towards the blacksmith who was standing near a stall with a banner that said "Puzzle Challenge" with a bunch of metal contraptions. "Whoever is finished first can cheer on the other!" He would say as he slowly made his way towards his chosen challenge and waving temporary goodbye to his colleague and child.

Nova followed Perry, but he was looking around for things that he could be part of. "Come one and all and challenge your brains with my creations! Solve all five puzzles and earn yourselves a precious trophy point!" The blacksmith's voice boomed over the crowd and the few unlucky people who seemed to be stuck on the puzzles. "I shall be undertaking your puzzle challenge." The young man would declare as he approached the blacksmith. The man laughed at Perry's boldness and pointed at the puzzles. They were all numbered from 1 through 5. "Very well then, young man! Solve all five puzzles and the prize is yours!" The thief would only smile. Solving problems and getting out of tight situations were some of the things he excelled at. "Well, somebody is enjoying himself." Nova commented as Perry hungrily eyed the contraptions.

The mage would set down his hat in a safe place by having Nova hold onto it. His short hair was now being ruffled by the wind. He would take the first puzzle into his hands - metal rings over some metal sticks, his mind already starting to enter a state of focus. Within a minute, the thief's swift movements solved the mess of metal. The blacksmith hummed to himself. It probably took regular folk some time to figure out the solution. The second puzzle proved as little challenge as the first one and he was starting to earn some side glances from others. He seemed as either someone who knew the solution or was using some sort of unfair trick or cheat, but that wouldn't stop him from starting to work on the third one.
    ivyleaf33 of FTRP

Useful links:

Haraka Omaras
    Haraka Omaras

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Haraka Omaras 29th September 2019, 3:14 pm

((this is a dice roll for the next post))

NPC
    NPC

Mentor : Admin

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by NPC 29th September 2019, 3:14 pm

The member 'Haraka Omaras' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

'Monster Dice' :
    [Event] Tricks and Harvest OdAaNwh
    Haraka Omaras
    Haraka Omaras

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Haraka Omaras 29th September 2019, 5:38 pm

Black

Haraka Omaras

Haraka looked to Perry, giving a smile. "It's alright, we all have our own talents. The best sort of cheering includes a reward, so I'll try to finish first. I hope you have as much fun as I will." She wasn't surprised that the other wasn't into cooking, many weren't. Also it was more fun this way, right? They both get to do their own things before meeting back up. She gave the belong a bit of a wave before entering the cooking competition  herself. It was fun to find out that she could use her own ingredients. That's right, the two groups would meet back up after a little fun. William was happy to be allowed to follow his parent, since the idea of having to stand a the sidelines was scary. She had an idea of what she was going to make as soon as the contest started, so started her movements. The butter was quickly cut, grains of wheat summoned without their husks before being ground to flour, the the egg beaten in a different bowl along with butter and some pure vanilla. That was quickly mixed before the sugar and baking powder was added to the flour than mixed. Those were mixed together with a mastery that could not be captured within a typical lifetime so easily. It was then cooled with a little puff of her cold aura before it was rolled out until it was the exact needed thickness. They were then cut, one for a pie, another for a lattice pie crust design with a thin brain at the edges. After that the extra pie was left to sit briefly as he made apples and pecans. The pecans were quickly put in the oven, the apples skinned with a perfect speed that said that this was a mastered skill that had been repeated many times into muscle memory.

Within moments the apples were skinned, cored, and chopped. They were added to a pan, along with ground nutmeg, ground cinnamon, a smidgen of ground up star anise, a tiny bit of ground clove, a bit of molasses, brown sugar, white sugar, a little lemon juice, some a small bit of orange peel, and some butter. The heat was turned as the apple begun to cook a bit. The pecans were taken out of the oven before being ground to a pulp than being added to the still cooking apple mixture. A tiny bit of salt was added before the woman finally left it be. Now she started setting up the pie crust into a pie tin before making an egg wash for what was to quickly come. The apple picture was stirred a bit before being poured into the apple pie crust., The egg wash was added to the pie crusts edges before putting the top on, making sure that it was securely on before brushing the top with the egg wash. The rest of the dough and filling was used to make a number of apple hand pies, using the egg wash on them as well. After all the pastries were made, and the oven preheated before placing everything inside. Next was the vanilla icecream. For this he created some young coconuts, for the young ones had more fats in them. That fat was what he needed, so they were quickly cracked open than mixed and beaten in a bowl until it was as smooth as silk, both the milk and the flesh now a smooth liquid. Honey was added to the mixture next, before creating and adding enough vanilla to make the mixture flavored as such. With that done all she had to do was mix and chill at the same time.

This caused the ice cream to slowly become more and more cold and smooth. The mixing meant it would retain and gain ts smoothness, the fat from the coconut meant the ice cream would retain a full, thick, and fatty taste without the need of dairy. The young looking woman quickly took a container out of her bag, placing the ice cream inside the glass bowl. This would keep it cool while the pastries baked. In the meantime? He added sugar, water, a small bit of ground cinnamon and nutmeg, butter, and all the apple peels into a pan before started cooking again. With patience, the right temperatures, and perfectly timed stirs, he transformed the mixture into an apple syrup. With that done, she put it through a sieve before putting it into a small plastic heat proof squeeze bottle from her bag. After that was done, the pastries were all removed from the oven. All that was left now was to let it sit, it should be finished doing so by the time judgment arrived. She briefly checked on the ice cream, mixing it to make sure that it kept its cold. When it became near the time of judgement the half dragon started cutting and plating pieces of apple pie until there was one cut for each judge. After that? A scoop of ice cream was added to each slice of apple pie, than a little apple syrup lightly poured on top. With that done she packed all the hand pies, leftover ice cream, and leftover apple syrup. These were ingredients after all, not the recipe. So when the time came, the judges started going from table to table.

Most foods entered had mixed reactions, but one married couples chili seemed to be highly enjoyed by all of them. The couple looked a bit on the older side, being called Mister and misses  Reeves by the judges. The pair looked quite confident, but Haraka showed not a single shed of fear. The woman was confident, even as the judges arrived. The judges seemed more than a little impressed by her apple pie before moving to the next table. It was only after each food was tested that the winner was announced. The judges didn't discuss things long before Haraka ended up winning the contest, along with two trophies. She thanked the judges before taking her winnings, then picking up Williams and rushing off. The mixed blood didn't stop until she arrived near Perry. She took out a hand apple pie, putting William down. The child gave a look that told her she better hand it over, she had gave the child her word. Taking a small glass plate from her bag, she put it, a fork, a small scoop of ice cream, and a little apple syrup on the plate before handing it to the expecting red haired child. There was no hesitation in taking the offered plate and starting to poke at and eat what it held.
    "How well are you doing Perry? Care for a hand apple pie a la mode after your finished?" Two new plate was taken out with a fork, a normal sized hand pie for Perry, but a smaller one for his friend. There were certainly many more in the bag, but for now it was one per plate. The ice cream and syrup wouldn't be added until she was told they were both finished.

Words: 1,193
    My Total: 1,841

Perry Bardell
    Perry Bardell

Post by Perry Bardell 30th September 2019, 1:56 pm

Perry Bardell

Post WC: 702 words
    Total WC: 2351 / 1500 words
    Job Info: Autumn Mini Event

Nova was holding Perry's hat in one of his head appendages as he observed the thief being hard at work. It was a side of the young man that he hadn't seen before. Nova knew about Perry's true profession, but he had never seen him actually perform it. It took a few minutes for the thief to crack the third puzzle. Perhaps they were going to get at least a tiny bit harder, for the first two needed barely any thinking from the young man to solve them. More people were giving him side glances, including the blacksmith himself, this time.

Perry was working on the fourth metal puzzle when Haraka with William had arrived. He heard some voices from behind his back, but he couldn't tell what they were saying. His mind was too focused on unravelling the mystery in his hands. Nova turned his head around to face the fresh arrivals, only to see a pie being distributed. He wasn't sure what it was, but he most certainly wanted a piece of it. "Hey, Haraka is back. You want some pie or whatever it is?" His voice rang in Perry's head, who only barely noticed it. "Yeah yeah, after I'm done." He would reply absentmindedly. He may have come across as slightly rude, but Perry was absorbed in the challenge. Maybe just a little bit too much.

Having done three puzzles already was slightly dulling his problem solving skills. The thief had to make a mental reset of sorts. Esentially allowing himself to start from scratch, trying not to think of the previous attempts too much. Nova would only give a shrug of sorts and sit in front of Haraka, ready for his piece of pie. That he totally deserved for his hard work of keeping an eye out for Perry's hat.

That was when the inspiration struck the young man and he finally solved the fourth puzzle. It was one of those moments when one makes that fated move and everything just solves one after another. Perry was glad that his brain was getting some much needed workout. He wasn't comfortable enough to start on his old profession after he joined the Company, so this activity was proving rather useful. Not to mention that he was surprisingly enjoying himself and so was the blacksmith. When the young man grabbed the last puzzle, a sort of imprisoned spiky ball, some of the attendees decided to give up and leave. However, Perry was in his own world, barely taking notice of what was happening around him.

The point of the last puzzle was simple. Get the ball out. The thief was not quite sure how to accomplish that just yet, but he was certain that it would have to do with the angle of the ball. Perry fiddled with it for a few moments, before he got the ball out. He was surprised to say the least. Was he just that lucky to guess the right angle that fast? "Well I'll be! Congratulations young man! I haven't seen anybody that focused on these puzzles for a while!" The blacksmith's loud voice boomed as soon as he noticed Perry with the solved puzzle in his hands, looking slightly dumbfounded.

The young man would shrug and get up from the ground. He didn't even notice himself doing that and there was most likely a stain on his pants after that. Perry would dust himself off, as he handed the solved fifth puzzle to the blacksmith. "I honestly didn't expect to solve the last one that fast." The thief would comment and the older man nodded. "I've found that people either solve this last one really quickly or they take a really long time. Never in between!" The man laughed. "I hereby award you with a trophy point!" The blacksmith declared as he started to put the puzzles back into their unsolved versions. The mage would stretch himself as he turned around to see Haraka and company. "Well, this was actually pretty cool, if I do say so myself." He would grin. "So... what about that victory pie I've heard about?" Perry would ask mischievously as the wind played with his hair and cape.
    ivyleaf33 of FTRP

Useful links:

Haraka Omaras
    Haraka Omaras

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Haraka Omaras 12th October 2019, 4:52 pm

Spoiler:

The young man couldn't hear Nova, so wasn't really able to comment or think much on a conversation that they only only hear half of. She still took out a small plate, putting a little apple hand pie, a scoop of vanilla ice cream, then a sprinkle of syrup on top and a fork on the plate before holding it out to the creature. Could they eat it, enjoy it? The older Omaras had no idea. Still, the plate of food was left next to them for the creature to enjoy, or not if they didn't want it. Besides that? It was interesting to watch how focused Perry could get while solving something. "I was planning to make more variety, but with the other contestants were already giving me nasty looks." Reaching into her well sized back, she pulled out a plate, then put a large hand pie on it. The filling had more variety of sugar types rather than a lot of any sugar at all, not too much or too little of any of the ingredients. One large scoop of cold vanilla icecream was put on top, the icecream naturally starting to melt a bit at the foods heat. With a little apple syrup put on top, the small meal was complete. "Hand apple pie, a la mode." Hand pies were useful, small enough to fit in your hand and eat, portable, but still as delicious as a normal apple pie. There was not even a slight consideration that it might not be up to snuff. Why would there be? That pie was wonderful, she had made the same exact recipe so many times throughout her lifetime. She wasn't naturally the best cook ever, but enough work, time, and practice had certainly made Haraka into a damn good one. "You looked like you had a lot of fun solving that puzzle."

Perry Bardell
    Perry Bardell

Post by Perry Bardell 8th November 2019, 12:25 pm

Perry Bardell

Post WC: 319 words
    Total WC: 2670 words
    Job Info: Job Name

After Haraka served a piece of the pie upon a plate and placed it down, Nova would take it with his hand, as well as attempt to keep it together with the icecream and just shove the whole thing in his toothy mouth. The pie disappeared about as fast as it appeared. It almost didn't seem that Nova chewed at all, it was as if he had just swallowed it whole. The creature would grin and give Haraka a thumbs up in approval. "This' the stuff you guys eat? Tastes kinda weird to me, but it's pretty good." Nova could get behind that.

Perry's colleague explained how he wanted to make more variety, but felt like it would not fare well with the other contestants. He served an another plate, this one for Perry. The young man would smile and take the presented plate, as Haraka commented how Perry seemed to be having fun with the puzzle. "If there is one thing that I'm good at, it's solving problems. At least I like to think so." The young man would reply, not mentioning his background as a thief. He would take a bite out of the pie, nodding to himself. "This is pretty great. No wonder you won." Perry would comment on the pie, as he got down the current bite. "Hey, can you bake that pie for me sometime?" The Khigmax turned to his friend, who promptly shook his head, his blonde locks mimicking the movement. "No way. If you want more, you will have to ask Haraka." Perry would point Nova to his colleague and take an another bite of the really tasty pie.

The extraterrestrial creature would shrug a little and focus his telepathy towards the other Company member. "Hey, if you ever have any leftovers, drop 'em by Perry's room. Much appreciated." A slightly distorted voice would echo in Haraka's head, essentially asking for food.
    ivyleaf33 of FTRP

Useful links:

Haraka Omaras
    Haraka Omaras

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Haraka Omaras 16th November 2019, 2:53 pm

Black

Haraka Omaras

It was interesting to watch the unknown creature eat the offered treat. They seemed to not use the silverware offered, but that wasn't much of a surprise. Not everyone could use those, nor did everyone that could use them wanted to. What mattered was that Nova enjoyed it, which seemed to be the case. That was nice, she hadn't been sure if the critter had similar tastes to humanoids. Not all tastes buds of every kind of creature was created equal after all. One example of this was a cats inability to taste sweetness. But this made sense as they were carnivorous. Fruits and honey were far more likely to be sweet in taste in the wild, not meats. This didn't mean not all carnivores couldn't taste sugar. This just meant that it was a trait that wasn't all that important compared to other things. Hearing Perry compliment the food after trying it wasn't much of a surprise. This didn't mean it didn't feel nice to hear these words. "I used food and drinks on jobs and to get people to act less threateningly before joining the guild. You might be surprised to learn how many people thought I was dangerous." So cooking the best came in very handy. Time was also a big factor for the skills, but there was no point on making the explanation too long. These were skills that were easy for anyone to obtain with enough knowledge and practice. While her skills were amazing, it wasn't a unique trait. But now it was her time to ask some things, there was a lot about Perry that she didn't know. Now would be a good time to learn, at least a small bit more. "What was some of the jobs you did before joining the guild?" Whatever sort it was wouldn't be likely to bother the mixed blood. Not everyone was able to get a nice job immediately in their life. Sometimes people ran in the shadows before walking into the light. The world was a complicated place with many shades of greys and different color hues all mixed together in a beautiful mess. Hearing the voice was different, but from how Perry spoke? This might be Nova. This would explain a bit to how the blond was able to reply, despite Haraka not having heard a word herself. "I'm always open to making lots of food to share, so long as it wont giant crowds of women angry."

Notes:

Perry Bardell
    Perry Bardell

Post by Perry Bardell 20th November 2019, 2:18 pm

Perry Bardell

Post WC: 500 words
    Total WC: 3170 words
    Job Info: Job Name

Nova discreetly licked his teeth, wondering about the various foods and treats that Haraka could whip up. He felt sad, when he realised that Perry was useless in the kitchen and he wouldn't cook anything. When Haraka mentioned that he used to cook food to get by in his earlier assignments, Perry wondered. He could've gotten through his life effortlessly, thanks to the wealth of his family. He could've used money and connections to get by and just walk over those who wouldn't dare oppose him or his wallet. Perry was slightly stumped, when Haraka asked him about what he used to do, before he joined the Company.

The thief needed a moment to think on the reply and took a bite of the delicious pie to mask it. There was no way that he was going to be forward. It was in the past, as Haraka had mentioned, sure, but it did not cleanse him of his crimes. There was a good reason why the Black Cat kept to the shadows. The thief also reckoned that the Company Presidents wouldn't be exactly happy if they knew they were housing an active criminal. A criminal craving for action, if he had to be absolutely correct. Perry got the rest of the pie down. "I didn't do the best of things, in the past. Let's just keep it at that." He would reply, evidently not keen on discussing his past further. "To be fair, not even I know your story, Perry. I just know you steal things. What happened to you?" Nova would ask his friend, who only shook his head, refusing to answer. Cat got his tongue, so to speak.

However, Haraka did agree to bring over food to share. "Sweet." Nova's voice echoed in Perry's head. "Now now. You don't need to go to such lengths, Haraka. Leftovers are just fine. You really don't need to go ahead and cook just because somebody wants you to." Perry's body would slightly tilt towards Nova, to show about whom he was talking. "But don't worry. There's no giant crowds of angry people in my room." The young man would continue. It seemed that Haraka possibly had some bad experiences with jealousy in the past. Perry would return the now empty plate that he was given. "Thanks again, for the pie." He thanked his colleague.

There was still a lot of the festival left to see and or experience, depending on one's preferences."So what are you going to do now?" The young man would cross his arms on his chest, as he asked. "There's a maze, that maybe William would really appreciate or perhaps we could wait for the bonfire to be lit?" He would propose a few ideas. Perry didn't really mind either of those options and he would most likely agree to almost anything else. As long as it didn't require rigorous brain activity. Nova was excited to see what they would be doing next. He hoped for something fun.
    ivyleaf33 of FTRP

Useful links:

Haraka Omaras
    Haraka Omaras

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Haraka Omaras 3rd December 2019, 5:40 pm

Black

Haraka Omaras

"I'm sure you learned from it." The mixed blood had no issue with not getting an answer to every question asked. There was no need to push for answers that the other didn't want to give. The past is the past, private building blocks that help create the mind of an individual. This was a key concept to the young looking elder. Even if you are at a historical event and are the only living witness to be able to speak of every detail, it doesn't mean you need to. Memories are always private, leaving a persons past as something that should always be left to that individual to decide if they want to share or not. Deep sapphire blue eyes looked down towards a certain small individual.

William was still eating his piece of pie, ignorant of the current conversation at this point. The small youth was more interested in eating and for whatever reason watching people work on puzzles. Why hadn't he given that much thought? The idea that the clam may have stopped showing interest in his puzzle toys at home because they weren't challenging anymore. The doctor didn't know much about those sort of things, so the idea of finding more challenging ones had never popped into her mind. Maybe she should get her son a new puzzle? Honestly if she wanted to do such a thing, the woman would have to ask for help doing it. Without that help, it would probably be something too easy for the pie eating clam demon. Everything was nice, the festivities and people there enjoying them all seemed to be very lively.
    "It's not going to any lengths Perry. I'm open for sharing fresh food with any guild member who wants it."

What would they do now? It was an interesting question. There was a number of different games left. The food eating contest had more than likely already started and ended by this point, not that the elder Omaras had any interest in that. Cooking was more fun and required not a single bit of rush. The mention of a maze caught a certain read headed childs attention, a tiny messy hand tugging at the doctors pants. "It seems like William's interested in the maze." This was fine, especially since the young looking woman tended to have a hard time figuring out what to do during their free time when it came to things that didn't involve work.

Notes:

Current date/time is 26th April 2024, 3:15 pm