Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Lets go on a Adventure

Rekka Hecate
    Rekka Hecate

Coming Storms- Player 
    Lineage : Queen of Darkness
    Position : None
    Guild : Errings Rising
    Cosmic Coins : 15
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 5214

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Lets go on a Adventure  Empty Lets go on a Adventure

Post by Rekka Hecate 17th September 2015, 8:30 pm

So everyone hates the job system lets not pretend it is fun it really isnt that fun and its dragged out so how about going on a adventure. Ever read those adventure books as a kid where you make a choice and flip to page x why not have a adventure like that, the post word counts would only be required to be maybe 100 words but you have to male choices every choice and based off the choice something happens to you. This depending what happens in the adventure ants you jewels and exp but even better by npcing the adventure the one controlling the npc for it also get the same rewards on a character of their choice. Obviously this might require some work for a system but the general idea is less word demand but random and unexpected ending can lead to either great fortune or a dud all depends on the choices you make.

So here is a example how the system would work lets just say Tommy requested to go on a adventure. He would post the template for it and someone else would have to accept the npc job. Once that part is done they would post in the adventure forum this will be a special place where only if you are in a adventure you can post. Now let us get to how this works, Tommy is excited for his adventure as he moves to post his first post.

Tommy began to look around as he say a very interesting cave ahead, he wondered what could be inside maybe a good treasure or maybe he could find the spring of life ! He began to enter cautiously as he looked around the walls are covered in a slight moss he could hear water dripping ahead as he could see three tunnels ahead of him. He began to ponder what tunnel he should take as he stomped and began to do iny minie moe to find his tunnel.

Okay so this first post the npc will now set up the next set of events depending what tunnel he will take, early on the choices wont ever be really bad this way you can at least receive a min reward and not lose right away, what fun is being one shot ya.

Okay so now that this has been established the npc player will write three choices and label them per tunnel these will not be visible to the player and will be written on a word doc or whatever. This will be placed in a forum for mods to read to make sure someone is not shafting the player. with this done you now make your npc post.

Ahead of the young adventurer he could hear the sound of wailing coming from the right tunnel, it was hard to tell what this sound was but it sounded almost like a woman. Straight ahead you can see the tunnel turns to the right however you cannot see well inside as the lighting is very dim and the ground is difficult to see. The last remaining tunnel is a well lit path and you can see the ground is paved in brick at the end you think for just a moment you see a dark shadow that disappears around the corner what tunnel with you pick.

this would be where the adventurer would chose what path now that being said some might say its obvious what path is the correct path clearly the well lit one that had the shadow at the end. This will not always be the case it is up to the npc to make this challenging and making it where the best choice might not be the most obvious one.

As for the system you would start with 100 hp each wrong choice will subtract ten hp from the adventurer for the first 10 posts. However it gets increasingly more difficult as the next 11-20 take away 20 hp and so on, it will be highly unlikely anyone can get the max but those who manage to get the best choices and make it to the 50th post they will receive a grand prize determined by the mod that reads the thread and makes sure it was done correctly.

The determined rewards are as follows

Make it to 11 posts C rank Job exp
    Make it to 21 posts B rank Job exp
    Make it to 31 posts A rank Job eXP
    Make it to 41 posts S rank Job exp
    And the final reward make it to 50 posts and you gain a rare reward plus S rank job exp the item or reward will be determined by the mod that checks to make sure it was done correctly.

The one to npc the adventure also is rewarded with guess what the same rewards meaning they both get something and both get to have a lot of fun. This is the general idea behind the adventure feed back would be appreciated.

Last edited by Rekka Lawless on 17th September 2015, 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Lets go on a Adventure  Rekka2_by_gramcrackers-da9cjq9_zpsii1hnevm
    Ninetails Derpfox

Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Coming Storms- A-Rank- Rich- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Cosmic Coins : 0

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Soul
    Second Skill: Ice
    Third Skill:

Lets go on a Adventure  Empty Re: Lets go on a Adventure

Post by Ninetails Derpfox 17th September 2015, 8:40 pm

Rekka Lawless wrote:So everyone hates the job system lets not pretend it is fun it really isnt that fun and its dragged out so how about going on a adventure. Ever read those adventure books as a kid where you make a choice and flip to page x why not have a adventure like that, the post word counts would only be required to be maybe 100 words but you have to male choices every choice and based off the choice something happens to you. This depending what happens in the adventure ants you jewels and exp but even better by npcing the adventure the one controlling the npc for it also get the same rewards on a character of their choice. Obviously this might require some work for a system but the general idea is less word demand but random and unexpected ending can lead to either great fortune or a dud all depends on the choices you make. I can see where you're going with this, and it does have a pretty decent premise to it. The idea of dropping a 400 word requirement to a 200 word requirement could have some advantages, but it would also mean less effort is required. So here's my ultimatum.
    1 - The "great reward" would have to be lesser than that of a more demanding job. EX, if this adventure was B Rank, it'd have to be 125XP to warrant the lack of effort required.
    2 - I see you're proposing the idea of such a system, but you haven't posted your full on representation of it. In the business world, if you want to get something accepted, you make a stat chart, diagram, and present it to your audience. You make sure that 70% of the work is finished, and pass it to higher powers to let them fine tune it.
    3 - "Get the same reward on a character of their choice" I'm gonna say no to already. If I do an S Rank version of one of these, and I get 1/2 S Rank XP, then I pass that to my D Rank alt then BAM! B Rank right there. I'm not sure if that's what you're talking about, but that was how I interpreted it.
    4 - As players, we already know the outcomes of our jobs. Unfortunately when making them, we're obligated to put them down. So, we'd have to list the method for players to receive the best reward with their choices. Naturally, wanting the best reward, the player will alter their story so it's nearly flawless for that.
    5 - SO MUCH GRAMMAR, AND SPELLING ISSUES!! -dies-

My comments in this color.
    Anastasia Isayev
    Anastasia Isayev

Moderator- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Guild Master- S-Rank- A-Rank- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Valkyrian
    Guild : Black Sails GM
    Mentor : [Primary] Ivan Isayev [Secondary] Fafnir, the World Dragon
    Experience : 321116

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Mechanized REquip
    Second Skill: Dragons' Champion
    Third Skill:

Post by Anastasia Isayev 17th September 2015, 9:39 pm

Numbers aside, I really like this idea. It gives us something else to do other than grinding out jobs.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

[Character Approval] [Mechanized REquip Spells] [Dragons' Champion] [The Eye of Odin] [Bank]
    Wave your banner!  
    Join the Black Sails today!
    The Guild is Set to OPEN!  -- This means, feel free to join!
    Rosetta Crawford
    Rosetta Crawford

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Villain- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Embodiment of the 13th
    Guild : Blue Pegasus
    Mentor : Sky Emperor Shangdi
    Experience : 367,824.5

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Ten No Kichi
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Rosetta Crawford 18th September 2015, 12:46 am

Can I maybe have just a brief summary of it as I just tried reading through that big chunk of text and it kind of hurt my head a little?

I like the idea of rewarding exp for stuff other than jobs or duels. It just had to be fine tuned so it works properly.

Lets go on a Adventure  Zack2_by_gramcrackers-d8ker96

Lets go on a Adventure  Zack_by_ravenart5-d8j23c0

Lets go on a Adventure  Zackrose_zpse9a22d85
    Current missions(4/6):  get the squid A, King of Fighters(S), Village Protection(A), Repair the House(D)

Post by Guest 18th September 2015, 6:37 am

I support this too. I like it :)
    Rekka Hecate
    Rekka Hecate

Coming Storms- Player 
    Lineage : Queen of Darkness
    Guild : Errings Rising
    Cosmic Coins : 15
    Experience : 5214

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Rekka Hecate 18th September 2015, 9:26 am

Okay short summary... well lets see person a goes and posts template to go on a adventure once this post is made someone will post accepting being the npc of the adventure. The one that requested the adventure makes the first post in the adventure sub forum. This will only be for people on adventures so no one others than the ones on adventures post there. The adventurer will post first and the npc will post the choices they have to make on the second post the adventurer will start with 100 hp each wrong choice.

1-10 wring path choice -10 hp
    11-20 wrong path choice 20 hp
    21-30 wrong path choice -30
    31-40 wrong path choice -40
    This might seem impossible but every 15 choices the one npcing will chose two right paths with right choices and one of those choices will have either a potion a spring something to heal the adventurer for half their max hp.

The rewards depends how many posts they can get without going and getting koed and they are as follows.

11-20 C rank exp
    21-30 C rank exp
    31-40 A rank exp
    41-49 S rank exp
    50 S rank exp and a special reward decided by the one that grades the thread this can be a legendary item double the exp ect whatever the one that grades the thread feels is appropriate.

Lets go on a Adventure  Rekka2_by_gramcrackers-da9cjq9_zpsii1hnevm
    Rosetta Crawford
    Rosetta Crawford

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Villain- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Embodiment of the 13th
    Guild : Blue Pegasus
    Mentor : Sky Emperor Shangdi
    Experience : 367,824.5

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Ten No Kichi
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Rosetta Crawford 18th September 2015, 10:39 am

This could be interesting. Mind writing up an example one for me and sending it to me in a PM?

Lets go on a Adventure  Zack2_by_gramcrackers-d8ker96

Lets go on a Adventure  Zack_by_ravenart5-d8j23c0

Lets go on a Adventure  Zackrose_zpse9a22d85
    Current missions(4/6):  get the squid A, King of Fighters(S), Village Protection(A), Repair the House(D)

Current date/time is 2nd May 2024, 12:05 am