Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

[DRAFT] Just Slayer stuff

Chaotic Rumble
    Chaotic Rumble

Dark Insanity

Dark Insanity

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- God Slayer- Dragon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Rich- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Tournament Participation Badge- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Corrupted King of Knights
    Position : King Of Kings
    Guild : Blue Pegasus
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : Sapphiron ; The Shadow
    Experience : 601,187

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Refraction : Sword King
    Second Skill: N/A (for now)
    Third Skill:

[DRAFT] Just Slayer stuff Empty [DRAFT] Just Slayer stuff

Post by Chaotic Rumble 2nd February 2015, 12:14 pm

Right, in this thread, I'll address what I believe needs clarification on the Slayer things.  At the very end, I'll post some of my own personal ideas that we can potentially add on AFTER we finish our work load.

This is a draft, so the only purpose of this is to get the point across; other things such as making it look prettier come once we reach a conclusion.  The reason we're doing this first is so that the entire staff can get a mutual understanding with each other, and we know how to work more as a team.

To begin with, since it's the easiest subject to tackle, we'll begin with Slayer Force.  As it is currently, you can either consume an enormous amount of the respective Slayer's element (not specified) or consume enough of that said element by 25% for the next 5 posts to achieve Force.  I think, that first of all, we need to state what this "enormous amount" is.  Additionally, I don't think it makes sense when you divide the consumption into several posts; it can be done that way, sure, but as it is right now, you can consume 25% of your element per post while starting off at 0% magical energy, still keep on casting spells, and reach Force when you only have 80% or so of your magical energy, which, I personally find to be absurd and nonsense.

Force should only be achieved when the Slayer is on overdrive when it comes to their magic; have so much magical energy that it simply bursts into the amazing power that is a Slayer Force.  As a result, I feel like this personally needs changing, or else some serious abusing can come of it.

Zack and I spoke about this, and this is what we purpose:

A Slayer must consume at least 70% magical energy from his respective element in order to achieve Force, however, their total magical energy must equal to 150% or higher.  In other words, the Slayer can still use magic, but if it does not equal to at least 150% magical energy after consuming 70% magical energy, they must consume an appropriate amount to reach it.  If the Slayer can achieve this within the next 5 posts, Force is activated.  If they cannot, the magical energy is rapidly consumed by the Slayer's body, causing any magical energy that was above their maximum to go down to the max.  The Slayer can then try to do this again, if the opportunity is there.

Now, that's a very simple thing to solve, so I want to see what you guys think about it.  3rd gen can activate it whenever; it's one of their perks, so that should remain unchanged, in my opinion.

Next, comes Slayer consumption.  The list Heero put up is good, simply because we have a reference, however, those can also be exploited.  What I mean, is that there are ways to get more magical energy than one should from a spell than one would otherwise get; he has two contradicting consumption guidelines in it.

Basically, when a Slayer consumes a spell, they gain magical energy according to the rank of the spell, and what the rank of the mage is.  As it stands now, the consumption guidelines on spells are as follows:

A Spell of Lesser Rank (That Only Uses a Small Amount of your Element): 5% Magic Power

A Spell of Equal Rank: 10% Magic Power

A Spell of Greater Rank: 15% Magic Power

An A-Ranked, S-Ranked, or H-Ranked Spell Effect of your Element: 75% Magic Power

Now, those wouldn't be so much of a problem, except that one gains 75% of their magic power from consuming an A, S, or H-Rank spell regardless of rank, which means an H-Rank would still gain 75% of their power back if they consume an A-Rank spell...  Even though it specifically states in a previous section that he would only gain 5%.  It's contradicting, confusing, and just not fun to deal with, so, what I purpose is the system that Zack presented in the thread when he addressed this, simply because it's pretty clear and easy to understand, and it makes sense, too.  The way it works is basically like this:

Basically its the amount of MP it would cost you to cast a spell of that rank.
    For spells a rank above you the percentage increases by 10% (so a C eating a B would be 20% because it would normally cost them 10% to cast a C).  The percentage increases by 20% in the jump from S to H.

For 0 cost technique (such as an S eating a D) 1% mp will be recovered.

Directly quoted from where he wrote it.

The next thing about Slayer consumption are actually a few subject.  I spoke to Kihia about this, and what we purpose is to add in two consumption guides.  The reason behind this, is because there are two types of consumption - immaterial and material.  Immaterial elements are things such as light, shadow, fire, wind, etc, while material elements are ones such as iron and ice.  The immaterial elements can be consumed like a vacuum, so I feel like our guide for them now is...  Relatively okay...  Because it addresses how much volume one would need to get x amount of power back; this is up for debate, so, if you feel like that should be changed too, feel free to state so.

However, material elements are not the same as immaterial ones; they're physical.  You can touch them.  You need to legitimately chew and crunch them.  They take much longer to consume, so I believe we need a guideline for this as well, too, since because it would take the material Slayers longer to consume, they regain more magical energy from doing so; only natural, as you see Gajeel in the anime/manga go back to full power from eating a few bolts, while Natsu achieved the same feat by consuming much more flames.

Unfortunately, I am unsure how to create this with what would make a lot of sense, so I'd appreciate a collab effort, here.

Kihia was also thinking we should include how "dense" the magical energy is; in other words, the more dense the collective magical energy is, the more magical energy is restored, with less amounts; think of it as how "pure" the magical energy is.  He brings a point, since Natsu instantly went into DF when he ate the flames Jellal gave him, or when he ate the Etherion, two, absolutely pure and highly condensed magical energy sources.  I personally feel like this'd make things complicated, but he does still bring a point which I can agree with.

Hybrid Slayers are becoming more and more of a thing now, and for good reason, too!  They're really cool!  Two elements!  Who wouldn't want that?!  Now, as we're all aware, however, they have a "mode".  The name for this mode varies, but the effect is more or less the same - both elements fusing together, with a relatively big power boost.  Since Zack and I are the current relatively active Admins, we only had each other to speak with this about, but that's why we have you guys - correcting us and helping us out in content and fixing that will be done very soon.

Here were the thoughts:

Hybrid Slayers get this mode on top of their Dragon Force.  The mode will make their spell power increase to 125% of their rank, a physical boost of 75%, and they gain an aura of both fused elements.  Additionally, as previously mentioned, their spells fuse, so passive effects of the overall magic are now with any spell they cast (E.G a fire mixing with ice, frostbite and a burn will both take place through a single spell; no, that wasn't supposed to make sense).   However, their spells still consume magical energy, and by the end of it, they cannot naturally regenerate magical energy for the next 5 posts.  Additionally, the Slayer is more physically drained, and thus suffer the following consequences:

D and C-Rank mages would hardly be able to move for the next several posts without putting a lot of effort in.  B and A-Rank mages would be able to move, but their movements are quite inefficient.  S and H-Rank mages could move much better, but struggle to move, and feel as though they have a weight on top of them.  Additionally, the Slayer loses their passive, physical enhancements and senses through the duration of this effect.  That effect would last for 3 (4?) posts.  They have all of these penalties because their bodies are "overwhelmed".

THE TIRING EFFECT OF HYBRID MODE AND RUNNING OUT OF MAGICAL ENERGY DO STACK.

Dragon Force remains as Dragon Force.

Their ultimate form, would be to combine both Dragon Force and their Hybrid Mode together.  It would basically go as it sounds - the best parts of both modes, all in one.  They gain both of their elements fused, no magical energy costs to their spells, etc, etc, however, instead of increasing their magical power to 150%, they increase it to 175%.  During the end of this, the Slayer is knocked out for the next 2 posts and their magical energy depletes to 0%.  What do you guys think?

IDEAS:

These are my own personal ideas which can be added once we finish everything we have properly, depending on whether or not we're for them.

Dragon Slayer Consumption:

This really has been a frequent topic!  Either way, this is my suggestion.

Raven recently tried to have it so an abilities of hers, for her alt's magic, would be to consume GS and DeS flames at 0% magical energy as a 2nd gen fire DS.  Now, that's not permitted, and I told her that, but...  I suddenly began wondering...

You see, as it is currently, DS's are helpless against DeS and GS of their respective element, simply because their spells can be completely nullified by them, so I was wondering whether or not we should make a rule about DS's being able to consume those Slayer's spells.

Here is what I was thinking:

Whenever a DS reaches 0% magical energy, they'll have the opportunity to consume 1 spell, from either a GS or a DeS (that's their same element), once per thread (If they hit 0% again, they'll be able to consume a single spell from the other slayer, so if I was a DS and consume a GS spell, I'd be able to do that to a DeS spell with the conditions I've set up).  Consuming one of the spells, regardless of rank, will give a nice power boost for the DS to continue fighting, but the levels of energy given can vary according to the rank of the consumed spell, naturally.

The reason I purpose this is because, really, the Slayers already have a really unfair advantage, which is fine, 'cause that's how our universe works, but now we give certain Slayers other advantages than others, while some cannot do anything about that?  I find that even more unfair.

Ancient Ranked Pets!

This is another idea I had that came out of the blue - Ancient, as a rank, for pets.  It'd be the equivalent to an items Artifact level.

The Ancient Ranked pets each get an S-Rank ability, and an A-Rank ability (scales with user, naturally), at their highest peak of power.  This permits them to also use Artifacts that are specifically made for them.  However, for the S-Rank ability, it'd be equivalent to a mages H-Rank ability (to no where near the same power extent, it'd only be a slightly stronger S-Rank spell) where the owner and pet use a combination attack.  Since the pet cannot gain any more strength beyond their Legendary status, the owner must pour in magical energy to their pet in order to actually temporarily make them stronger, which means they pay for half of the pets spell cost.

At the very end, the pet is extremely tired and can only cast 2-3 more spells, before he needs to take a rest for a good amount of posts (undecided).

These final two topics I brought up were my own suggestions.  We shouldn't focus on them till we finish our current workload, but I wanted to get opinions about them, too.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

[DRAFT] Just Slayer stuff V4W5D0r

Bank

Seru's Main Theme

Spoiler:

Seru's Battle theme

Spoiler:
    Kihia
    Kihia

Pretty as a peach 1

Pretty as a peach 1

Administrator- Moderator- Dragon VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- S-Rank- A-Rank- Rich- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Bloodline of the Frozen Armor
    Position : None
    Guild : Lamia Scale
    Mentor : Iarok Kaloka (deceased)
    Experience : 337.5

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Ice Make Magic
    Second Skill: Crystal Make Magic
    Third Skill:

[DRAFT] Just Slayer stuff Empty Re: [DRAFT] Just Slayer stuff

Post by Kihia 2nd February 2015, 12:28 pm

posting here and doing my best to keep my overly complex ideas OUT xD

anyways, on Force Reqs, just an idea if they manage to consume 100% of their MP within that time period they could possibly enter force without the MP req?

_____________________________________________________________________________________

[DRAFT] Just Slayer stuff Kihisi10
    [DRAFT] Just Slayer stuff 17496c10
    EXP:350/1200

Themes:
    Chaotic Rumble
    Chaotic Rumble

Dark Insanity

Dark Insanity

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- God Slayer- Dragon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Rich- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Tournament Participation Badge- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Corrupted King of Knights
    Position : King Of Kings
    Guild : Blue Pegasus
    Mentor : Sapphiron ; The Shadow
    Experience : 601,187

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Refraction : Sword King
    Second Skill: N/A (for now)
    Third Skill:

Post by Chaotic Rumble 2nd February 2015, 12:36 pm

Don't ask me, mate. The purpose of this thread is for you to read it, analyze it, and then state whether or not "yeah, this is good" or "no, it's bad" or... "the idea can work, but needs more refinement".

Personally, I feel as though it'd kinda be defeating the purpose of Force... But that's just me. That's why we need other opinions before going through with any of this.

[DRAFT] Just Slayer stuff V4W5D0r

Bank

Seru's Main Theme

Spoiler:

Seru's Battle theme

Spoiler:
    Yvonne
    Yvonne

Holy Darkness

Holy Darkness

Administrator- Moderator- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Rising Star- Guild Master- S-Rank- A-Rank- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Infinity Crown
    Position : None
    Guild : Guildless
    Experience : 0

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Celestial Crown
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Yvonne 4th February 2015, 9:26 am

In other words...DSs must eat something that would take their MP from even 10% to 150% to get the force? or am I reading that wrong? o - o And consumption of spells would give the MP increase(pretty good with explaining PvP battles) but what about things other than spells that can be consumed in a thread? Like (stupid xD) a forest fire? It doesn't have a rank but a fire DS would still be able to eat it, na? What does that do? o-o and ancient pets >.> <.< I don't know what to think of that right now....

[DRAFT] Just Slayer stuff QoRmBvD

Current date/time is 8th May 2024, 9:58 pm