Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Double Ranked Jobs

Hikachu
    Hikachu

Grand Duelist

Grand Duelist

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Rising Star- Guild Master- Legal Guild Ace- S-Rank- A-Rank- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- Rainbow- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Knight of Destiny
    Position : None
    Guild : ɢᴀʀᴏᴜ ᴋɴɪɢʜᴛs
    Cosmic Coins : 6
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 212.5

Character Sheet
    First Skill: ❅ ᴀʀᴄᴛɪᴄ ɴᴇᴍᴇsɪs
    Second Skill: ヽ(*≧ω≦)ノ
    Third Skill:

Double Ranked Jobs Empty Double Ranked Jobs

Post by Hikachu 31st July 2016, 8:51 pm

I'm confused as to why the most important Double Ranked Jobs were moved to the Legal Section. To be frank, there's literally only one double ranked job (One Piece) in the neutral section aside from Attaining Closure and Act III: Paracidium that is actually plausible to do. If it's a double ranked job, it should be accessible to both Legal and Dark, otherwise it's not fair to both parties and I'm completely siding with the dark mages this time. And when I was asking the staff if the dark mages could do the legal missions, I get a 'yes' from some staff and a 'no' from the others (I've already started the mission with my partner who's a dark mage and now I'm in a pinch). I get the point that it should be apparent enough that dark mages aren't supposed to do legal missions but if they aren't even known to be evil nor have any reputation, I really don't see why at all. If you guys still don't agree on dark mages doing legal jobs, I really suggest you guys should AT LEAST move the double ranked jobs into the neutral section to make it fair for both the dark and legal. The thing is, all the stuffs are piling up on the Legal side. It might be one of the reasons the site has VERY little dark members as well, and most of them are not active. Fingers crossed. On a side note, I was just checking the Dark Missions and there seem to be none of any double ranked missions for them, I might have missed some but anyhow, the point is that I just want all or at least most of the double ranked missions to be available to both parties and not just only on the legals.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Double Ranked Jobs JhB4MAf

Profile | Magic | History | Vault

theme | battle theme

Fair
    Fair

Aurofortis

Aurofortis

Moderator- Main Account- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Rising Star- Guild Master- A-Rank- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Summer Special Participant- Have an Admin as a friend!- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Monkey King's Descent
    Guild : Silver Wolf
    Cosmic Coins : 2
    Experience : 3,050

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Heavenly Body Magic
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Double Ranked Jobs Empty Re: Double Ranked Jobs

Post by Fair 1st August 2016, 12:35 am

I agree that any dark mage should be able to do legal jobs as long as they aren't well known for their notoriety since they could literally just pretend to be a good guy and snatch one of the papers from the legal request boards.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Rosetta Crawford
    Rosetta Crawford

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Villain- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Embodiment of the 13th
    Guild : Blue Pegasus
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Mentor : Sky Emperor Shangdi
    Experience : 367,824.5

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Ten No Kichi
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Rosetta Crawford 1st August 2016, 1:16 am

In truth, there should be no limitations on what jobs a person can do regardless of their alignment.
    After all, a legal mage could easily disguise themselves to do a dark job.

For a dark mage there are no drawbacks to doing a legal job. 'Oh I got found out that I did a good deed. Whatever shall I do? Guess i'll go wipe out a village to even things up'.

Now a legal mage doing a dark job and getting found out that they did has consequences. If this was a real situation the magic council would certainly keep an eye on them and may even arrest them or give them fines.

In fact, why not have that as a thing. If a legal mage does a dark job they get reduced jewel amount from the job to indicate they've been 'fined' or something. Perhaps if they do enough dark jobs then they can be arrested or something? Add some consequence in is what I mean.

However, I do agree that all double ranked jobs should be able to be done by all mages or there should be specific ones for specific alignments e.g. 'you have to be part of an independant guild to take this job' for example.

We would however then need to keep an eye on guild hopper. Make sure say Bob is not in a legal guild, does the double rank job, then moves to a dark guild to do the next one etc

Double Ranked Jobs Zack2_by_gramcrackers-d8ker96

Double Ranked Jobs Zack_by_ravenart5-d8j23c0

Double Ranked Jobs Zackrose_zpse9a22d85
    Current missions(4/6):  get the squid A, King of Fighters(S), Village Protection(A), Repair the House(D)
    Ravana
    Ravana

1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Knight of Frostfire
    Guild : Infinity Hydra
    Experience : 50

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Dragon's Bane Sword of Flame
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Ravana 1st August 2016, 1:30 am

I was under the impression that they only separated the jobs by alignment for a broken and unimplemented RK system that involved jailing dark mages and them invading legal jobs.

I feel like they should not be separated at all, and Mods should read jobs ( lets be real, they don't READ all the jobs ) to make sure that the conditions are met.

Rosetta Crawford
    Rosetta Crawford

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Villain- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Embodiment of the 13th
    Guild : Blue Pegasus
    Mentor : Sky Emperor Shangdi
    Experience : 367,824.5

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Ten No Kichi
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Rosetta Crawford 1st August 2016, 3:20 am

They should be reading the jobs. Otherwise they aren't doing their job

Double Ranked Jobs Zack2_by_gramcrackers-d8ker96

Double Ranked Jobs Zack_by_ravenart5-d8j23c0

Double Ranked Jobs Zackrose_zpse9a22d85
    Current missions(4/6):  get the squid A, King of Fighters(S), Village Protection(A), Repair the House(D)

Post by Guest 1st August 2016, 10:12 am

The jobs are separated based on how they're written. If they're written to be for legal mages, they go to the legal sections, for dark mages, to the dark section, for both, to the neutral section. Whether one has more 2x EXP jobs than the other is coincidental and not on purpose. From what I know, dark jobs are a lot harder to make because it's all cliche killing things and not as versatile in what legal mages are capable of doing without being the cliche murderous villain. If you want more dark 2x EXP, make them. No one's stopping you from doing it, just yourself. Rather than "suggesting" this change for more work on staff's part, take the initiative yourself.

I'm not trying to be rude here, but it's pointless to complain about something you can fix yourself. *points to the job creation board*
    Hikachu
    Hikachu

Grand Duelist

Grand Duelist

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Rising Star- Guild Master- Legal Guild Ace- S-Rank- A-Rank- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- Rainbow- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Hikachu 1st August 2016, 10:31 am

Rosetta Crawford wrote:In truth, there should be no limitations on what jobs a person can do regardless of their alignment.
    After all, a legal mage could easily disguise themselves to do a dark job.

For a dark mage there are no drawbacks to doing a legal job. 'Oh I got found out that I did a good deed. Whatever shall I do? Guess i'll go wipe out a village to even things up'.

Now a legal mage doing a dark job and getting found out that they did has consequences. If this was a real situation the magic council would certainly keep an eye on them and may even arrest them or give them fines.

In fact, why not have that as a thing. If a legal mage does a dark job they get reduced jewel amount from the job to indicate they've been 'fined' or something. Perhaps if they do enough dark jobs then they can be arrested or something? Add some consequence in is what I mean.

However, I do agree that all double ranked jobs should be able to be done by all mages or there should be specific ones for specific alignments e.g. 'you have to be part of an independant guild to take this job' for example.

We would however then need to keep an eye on guild hopper. Make sure say Bob is not in a legal guild, does the double rank job, then moves to a dark guild to do the next one etc

I support this as well, it does provide more versatility and it would be fun to do things like that.

Ravana wrote:I was under the impression that they only separated the jobs by alignment for a broken and unimplemented RK system that involved jailing dark mages and them invading legal jobs.

I feel like they should not be separated at all, and Mods should read jobs ( lets be real, they don't READ all the jobs ) to make sure that the conditions are met.

I wasn't aware that they were separated due to that reason.

Marceline Anicetus wrote:
    The jobs are separated based on how they're written. If they're written to be for legal mages, they go to the legal sections, for dark mages, to the dark section, for both, to the neutral section. Whether one has more 2x EXP jobs than the other is coincidental and not on purpose. From what I know, dark jobs are a lot harder to make because it's all cliche killing things and not as versatile in what legal mages are capable of doing without being the cliche murderous villain. If you want more dark 2x EXP, make them. No one's stopping you from doing it, just yourself. Rather than "suggesting" this change for more work on staff's part, take the initiative yourself.

I'm not trying to be rude here, but it's pointless to complain about something you can fix yourself. *points to the job creation board*

Let me point it out. Most of the double ranked jobs were in the Neutral section since they were created until you guys moved it to the Legal section for some reason I don't know and I find that decision really dumb. What I'm asking is to move the current jobs back to the Neutral section. You are just making up excuses of putting workload on staff when this is really easy to do. Yeah, I would create jobs for dark mages and for the people on the site but I don't consider myself creative enough to do those, otherwise I would've done it since the beginning of time.

Besides, like Zack had just stated above, there shouldn't be any limitations on what kind of job they want to do because MC doesn't really care and dark mages are able to break rules. Because you guys are restricting too much on trivial things like this, dark mages can't actually have fun with the missions.

theme | battle theme

Post by Guest 1st August 2016, 10:49 am

Hikachu wrote:

Let me point it out. Most of the double ranked jobs were in the Neutral section since they were created until you guys moved it to the Legal section for some reason I don't know and I find that decision really dumb. What I'm asking is to move the current jobs back to the Neutral section. You are just making up excuses of putting workload on staff when this is really easy to do. Yeah, I would create jobs for dark mages and for the people on the site but I don't consider myself creative enough to do those, otherwise I would've done it since the beginning of time.

Besides, like Zack had just stated above, there shouldn't be any limitations on what kind of job they want to do because MC doesn't really care and dark mages are able to break rules. Because you guys are restricting too much on trivial things like this, dark mages can't actually have fun with the missions.

I'm a little hurt you'd think I'd make up excuses for the staff as a whole. I'd rather not be accused of that at all. What the other staff does is what they do and none of my business unless it personally involves me. 2x EXP jobs were fixed up and edited when there was an overabundance of them and people were starting to complain about it. I was not on the dev team at the time of this happening and the purge of double EXP jobs. However, I can say that it's not likely they will be moved back after what Dev has gone through, but that's just my thought, not theirs, don't get angry at me for it.

Dark mages can have fun without having to do both legal and dark missions, that is up to the person on what they want to do. If they feel like they can't have fun without doing legal missions, perhaps they shouldn't be a dark mage at all, but a guildless one? At that point, they can do both legal and dark without having to worry about the restrictions and labels of each "alignment." Again, this is just my thought, don't hound me about it.

And this is coming from a dark mage who's done double EXP jobs that are not legal.
    Ravana
    Ravana

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Ravana 1st August 2016, 12:23 pm

Rosetta Crawford wrote:They should be reading the jobs. Otherwise they aren't doing their job

More or less its factorial that some, not most, or even a lot, of mods skip through some jobs just looking at requirements. I wont point out, or even be rude saying that they need to step it up or anything. Shoot when I was a mod I didn't care to read through a D rank mage getting his damn passport again. I just know it happens.

I kinda want to point out some reasoning to why there are so many double exp jobs in the legal section compared to neutral and none being in dark. It also has to do with the lack of dark mages. Most of those jobs have been created by a legal mage ( not staff normally ) for them and their guild to go on, then was crafted as a job all legal mages could take.

I believe ( and don't harass me if i'm wrong ) that Dev are trying to keep the bridge of Dark vs Light thing for like events and such. So, it wouldn't be a good idea to just move them back when they went through all those jobs and looked at requirements and changed some things.

Instead, some Dark and Neutral Jobs should be created. Whether by Dark Mages or Dev. That is the only solution. If I have time I will participate. I suggest folk that are reading this to help out as well, because it IS not fair that legal has so many. I want to promote more Dark Mages on the site as well.

Hikachu
    Hikachu

Grand Duelist

Grand Duelist

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Hikachu 1st August 2016, 9:17 pm

Hikachu wrote:

I'm a little hurt you'd think I'd make up excuses for the staff as a whole. I'd rather not be accused of that at all. What the other staff does is what they do and none of my business unless it personally involves me. 2x EXP jobs were fixed up and edited when there was an overabundance of them and people were starting to complain about it. I was not on the dev team at the time of this happening and the purge of double EXP jobs. However, I can say that it's not likely they will be moved back after what Dev has gone through, but that's just my thought, not theirs, don't get angry at me for it.

Dark mages can have fun without having to do both legal and dark missions, that is up to the person on what they want to do. If they feel like they can't have fun without doing legal missions, perhaps they shouldn't be a dark mage at all, but a guildless one? At that point, they can do both legal and dark without having to worry about the restrictions and labels of each "alignment." Again, this is just my thought, don't hound me about it.

And this is coming from a dark mage who's done double EXP jobs that are not legal.

You probably shouldn't mention yourself among the rest because you're most likely one of those lucky ones who've done the double ranked jobs when they were back in the Neutral Section. If there was an overabundance of them, the staff should've separated them into different ranks or just remove some of them that are unnecessary. Because you guys are piling up on the Legal side it's not fair for the dark. And the overabundance of the double ranked jobs are mostly only in the B-Rank section, if I recall correctly. If the staff thinks we have way too much double ranked jobs, why not just keep the most popular ones and remove the rest? It's not really that hard at all and I want to make it equal for both legal and dark mages. The guildless plan works more than fine and it is a great suggestion.

theme | battle theme

Heavens Empress Daiki
    Heavens Empress Daiki

Heavenly Monster

Heavenly Monster

Moderator- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- God Slayer- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Stigmata of the Avatar
    Guild : Guildless
    Mentor : Daiki, Aiko (Mother - Missing)
    Experience : 0

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Avatar of Amaterasu (Heaven God Slayer)
    Second Skill: Fallen Angel Slayer Lacrima
    Third Skill:

Post by Heavens Empress Daiki 2nd August 2016, 7:13 am

Well, there is at least one dark double exp job. I would know... I made it.

Double Ranked Jobs 8ZbrsUC
    Anastasia Isayev
    Anastasia Isayev

Moderator- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Guild Master- S-Rank- A-Rank- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Valkyrian
    Guild : Black Sails GM
    Mentor : [Primary] Ivan Isayev [Secondary] Fafnir, the World Dragon
    Experience : 321116

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Mechanized REquip
    Second Skill: Dragons' Champion
    Third Skill:

Post by Anastasia Isayev 2nd August 2016, 1:40 pm

I can make some double EXP dark jobs as I already have issues with Dark Jobs in general. What Ranks are you looking for for these kinda jobs eh?

[Character Approval] [Mechanized REquip Spells] [Dragons' Champion] [The Eye of Odin] [Bank]
    Wave your banner!  
    Join the Black Sails today!
    The Guild is Set to OPEN!  -- This means, feel free to join!
    Ravana
    Ravana

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Ravana 2nd August 2016, 2:03 pm

I would say B, A, and S would be most useful.

Current date/time is 1st May 2024, 7:47 pm