Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Patches & Changes?

Rei Miyako
    Rei Miyako

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Player 
    Lineage : Other Half
    Position : None
    Guild : Black Rose
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 412.25

Character Sheet
    First Skill: TO: Abaddon
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Patches & Changes? Empty Patches & Changes?

Post by Rei Miyako 5th November 2015, 11:44 pm

Hello everyone,

First of all- yes, I am back-ish. I had the urge to RP as my favorite character again & get her progressed some more. I returned with controlled vigor & first thing I did was look into patch notes to see what might have changed or been added. Sadly, I was bewildered to find many changes & additions! New systems, complicated math, etc, etc.

I originally joined FT because I have friends here and things looked mostly balanced between free-forming & controlled RP through relatively complicated systems. However now looking at things & how I am supposed to jump back in & take into account/consideration all of these boosts, differences, HP/MP, etc, etc: I feel quite overwhelmed. I thought RP was supposed to be fun & relaxing? When did we turn into a memory/mathematics skill game? I won't deny it looks fun, but unless you know everything & constantly take every little boost & difference into consideration, you will not be following the systems and inadvertently breaking rule/abusing other RPers.

I look at these things & see shiny ideas that look cool and exciting, but when putting them into application- it is tedious, complicated & somewhat pointless or irrelevant in general. What's the point of having a Legendary+(or higher) pet, item, weapon or armor if their effectiveness is diminished based on your own mage rank? You made a system, people used your system & now you make a new complicated system to curb the high-end perks of your previous system- only to make everything in general more complicated... I believe a balance should be found & implemented.

I look at the introductions/goodbyes & see veterans leaving for various reasons, I've talked to a few people since I've been back(the past 4 hours) and they are displeased with the changes & more complicated stuff & are seriously considering leaving. These things you have added are like pvp handicaps & ways to control OPness, yet this site thrives & operates on mostly pve(such as jobs!) Jobs are another thing, which has actually bothered me quite a bit ever since I joined. Ive RPd for many many years(over a decade) and am used to writing posts ranging anywhere from 350-3,000 words long each post. The way it is here, is a(example) 350 WC for 30 posts: This either forces the writer to write in short RP blocks, or write much excess WC than the minimum for the jobs. This is unbalanced & not favored. I know Ive just returned & my knowledge & application is rusty, but these are things I just noticed and am concerned with right off away. You guys had a good thing somewhere along the way- and then you just added more & more & more to it to the point where it has just gotten ridiculous & quite tedious to even RP. Don't get me wrong, I like a lot of the ideas, love the site(looks very professional) & I like a lot of the people. But most of this stuff is just way over the top for RPing. It's overkill.

• Simpler templates
    • Less system control
    • Less percentages
    • Less boosts/difference
    • Alternate job requirements(WC/posts)

Please. Take this discussion seriously. I'm quite tired and wanted to get this posted up before going to bed. I am willing to discuss, suggest alternative ideas & work together to point out inaccurate or overkill'd detail/systems. I request staff/administration cooperation, patience & willingness. I will be more than happy to go step-by-step with the issues I see and try to work some kind of middle ground out.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Patches & Changes? Rei_s_siggy_by_dreamishlyme-d92vd32
    Team:Kvasir
    Jobs
    D Rank: 6
    C Rank: 3
    B Rank:
    Rosetta Crawford
    Rosetta Crawford

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Villain- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Embodiment of the 13th
    Position : None
    Guild : Blue Pegasus
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : Sky Emperor Shangdi
    Experience : 367,824.5

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Ten No Kichi
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Patches & Changes? Empty Re: Patches & Changes?

Post by Rosetta Crawford 6th November 2015, 1:19 am

The systems we have introduced in terms of HP are something that has always existed. However, we now just have a way of actually definining it rather than saying 'this does 10%HP to people of equal rank'.

On top of that we have also reduced the power gap between ranks.

As for the weapon thing that has ALWAYS been a thing on site. We have just fully stated it now to stop 'hidden rules' screwing people over.

The templates themselves are now simpler for character applications as guess what? There is no need for the whole three strength, four weakness thing.

As for jobs a lot of systems have been introduced to make jobs more fun and freedom based. The word count/post count system is being worked on. We've even managed to find a way to eliminate the need for dice rolls altogether (which is AWESOME as I hate dice on here).

---------------------
    ALso these 'rules' you are complaining about e.g. HP and what not don't really need to be considered too much in jobs unless you want to. They are guidelines and are mostly there to make PVP actually possible. Most jobs (for ages) have had that enemies take x number of hits of x rank damage. So this just gives that a number and the numbers were kind of necessary to reduce the rank power gap which was causing rankism to be a serious issue.

------------------------
    In truth the site is now a lot more open as we don't force amounts of damage on spells, buffs are now more effective when cast on higher ranks etc. It actually works a lot better now. Of course, some of the changes might be tricky to understand, but they seem to be working. Sure its different and people don't like it, but who really likes change?

----------------------
    Now this is just my opinion. I did introduce a lot of the new stuff (as can be seen by the patch notes) but now am no longer involved except as an advisor. Not even staff anymore. But i'm happy to discuss things.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Patches & Changes? Zack2_by_gramcrackers-d8ker96

Patches & Changes? Zack_by_ravenart5-d8j23c0

Patches & Changes? Zackrose_zpse9a22d85
    Current missions(4/6):  get the squid A, King of Fighters(S), Village Protection(A), Repair the House(D)

Current date/time is 27th April 2024, 4:40 pm