Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

The Nest of Rumors

Tatari
    Tatari

Player 
    Lineage : None
    Position : None
    Guild : Inactive
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 0

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

The Nest of Rumors Empty The Nest of Rumors

Post by Tatari 10th July 2015, 8:33 am

The Nest of Rumors Melty_blood__the_night_of_wallachia_by_nick_ian-d5flh6t

"Greetings dear mods, admins, old bones and fresh meat from the oven, I the TATARI humbly suggest a sub board that manages Rumors for in-character purposes. The following materials will be used for this"

Methodology
    My intention and suggestion for the entire board is to open up a sub-board for characters to post rumors. Having read the significance of the "Neutral Grounds" the possibilities of technology rising in the neutral grounds pave way to advance social communication, things such as either the cellphone or the like. I do suggest putting up a rumor board in Neutral grounds to be fair.

Purpose
    The very purpose of having a rumors board greatly promotes character interactions, as well as plot devices. For an example if Character A creates a rumor on Character B, there will be a plot device. Other than just in-character introductions (which are annoyingly and heavily frequent), plot devices based on rumors can easily be made. Do think about how rumors affect communities in the REAL WORLD, it creates a huge impact on groups of people and certain individuals as well. Social growth and in-character relations will sky rocket! At least when someone starts a rumor it be an interesting plot device made out of the blue!

Other Suggestions:

I would like to point out the number of flaws in your system as these were never present during the time I had in the board in its early years

• Take out the story link on the top bar, it serves no purpose whatsoever
    • Replace the story link to the shop link, its much more suitable that way
    • Requesting mods and admins to update and revamp Character Rules. (Using Canon characters for instances)
    • The part of having ambush quests riddles me with confusion, if I'm missing something, do tell me of its details.

Kirahunter
    Kirahunter

The Phoenix

The Phoenix

Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Rising Star- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- S-Rank- A-Rank- Haiku Contest Participant- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Hero- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Keeper of War
    Experience : 1,250

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Seith - Human Possession
    Second Skill: Stardust
    Third Skill:

The Nest of Rumors Empty Re: The Nest of Rumors

Post by Kirahunter 10th July 2015, 9:29 am

I'm for rumors. It would add a touch more depth to the world.

I am however against taking out the Story link in the top bar. It's a vital aspect of our community.

Suitable isn't the word to describe putting a shop link in the top bar. It may be more useful, or convenient but the top bar is generally a resource for first time players and people looking up OOC information. The shop is not one of those things, a link to the rules would be more suitable.

Character Rules are always being revamped or being looked at to revamp. I am opposed to using Canon Character examples as they could confuse new rpers about the meaning of a non-canon site. We have enough people trying to be the daughter of Natsu and Lucy as is.

I'm unsure how to respond to your "ambush quest confusion," as I don't know what confuses you. That is better saved for the question thread anyway.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

[20:44:53] Kirahunter : also I like the sound of my own voice
    [20:44:59] Kirahunter : so I had to say something

Missions Completed

D- 6 (150 exp)
    C- 1 (50 exp)
    B- 1 (1,050 exp)
    A- 0
    S- 0

Total:1250

Character
    Primary Magic
    Tatari
    Tatari

Player 
    Lineage : None
    Guild : Inactive

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Tatari 11th July 2015, 7:59 am

Right! Any words from the other admins?
    Rosetta Crawford
    Rosetta Crawford

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Villain- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Embodiment of the 13th
    Guild : Blue Pegasus
    Mentor : Sky Emperor Shangdi
    Experience : 367,824.5

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Ten No Kichi
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Rosetta Crawford 11th July 2015, 8:09 am

Rumors I have no issue with. It would have to be stuff you learned IC possibly.
    Story link stays.
    We may add a shop link in the future though I don't see much point when the shop is a direct link on the front page anyway.
    The character rules are constantly updated. We are not adding canon examples because most canon characters are unbalanaced and don't fit our systems so it would be hard to build examples based on them.

We don't have invasions/ambushes anymore.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

The Nest of Rumors Zack2_by_gramcrackers-d8ker96

The Nest of Rumors Zack_by_ravenart5-d8j23c0

The Nest of Rumors Zackrose_zpse9a22d85
    Current missions(4/6):  get the squid A, King of Fighters(S), Village Protection(A), Repair the House(D)
    Cr1tikal
    Cr1tikal

Player 
    Cosmic Coins : 8

Character Sheet
    First Skill: FrostFire Dragon Slayer
    Second Skill: Cosmic Slayer
    Third Skill:

Post by Cr1tikal 13th July 2015, 3:51 am

Instead of a board for "rumors," why not a sub-board specifically for posting that you want to jobs/plot story/socials and have people post that are interested. This way you could post your rumors that your character has heard in there, and others that want to post things such as asking for someone to do a specific job with them can also do so.

As not everyone's involved with each other, Fiore being quite a large area of land, rumors wouldn't involve everyone unless the mods/admins/developers made something that would affect EVERYONE.

As for the other things you mentioned;

Take out the story link on the top bar, it serves no purpose whatsoever (As the site doesn't use canon, there really is no story that anyone needs to follow. I say keep it, as it's quite humorous.)

Replace the story link to the shop link, its much more suitable that way (A store link at the top would be IMMENSELY helpful to have. Would make navigation easier having a link like that, or even put it on the side bar quick links.)

Requesting mods and admins to update and revamp Character Rules. Using Canon characters for instances (Canon characters are quite broken compared to what's allowed on the site. I'd be okay with updates and revamps, but not the minimum and maximum numbers being show for stuff. That was not everyone goes for max everything every time.)

The part of having ambush quests riddles me with confusion, if I'm missing something, do tell me of its details. (This part is no longer something done. While I wish invasions would come back, I doubt they will. The forums for it should be taken out and the rules adjusted to get rid of it completely, as to remove confusion in the future about it.)

As while I'm posting here, I'd like to bring up that we should have an edit made to the job rules stating that custom jobs can be made as long as they are approved by an admin before being used. Quite a few don't realize you can do this.

The Nest of Rumors MQNhOUw

Anastasia Isayev
    Anastasia Isayev

Moderator- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Guild Master- S-Rank- A-Rank- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Valkyrian
    Guild : Black Sails GM
    Mentor : [Primary] Ivan Isayev [Secondary] Fafnir, the World Dragon
    Experience : 321116

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Mechanized REquip
    Second Skill: Dragons' Champion
    Third Skill:

Post by Anastasia Isayev 23rd July 2015, 12:08 pm

My only issue with this is:
    https://www.fairytail-rp.com/t15221-phenomena#186710
    Is that it directly effects your character's magic.  
    If this had nothing to do with your character, I would be more than "all for it".  However, as this suggestion is laced in personal bias and self-interest, I'm going to have to suggest to the admin that this idea becomes shelved or the suggester of this idea change their magic. This suggestion just lends credence/legitimacy to your character's magic, granting you the ability to become over-powered.

I like the idea, but you shouldn't suggest the inclusion of a system that solely benefits yourself.

[Character Approval] [Mechanized REquip Spells] [Dragons' Champion] [The Eye of Odin] [Bank]
    Wave your banner!  
    Join the Black Sails today!
    The Guild is Set to OPEN!  -- This means, feel free to join!

Current date/time is 13th May 2024, 10:51 am