Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

New Slayer types - Need your opinions

Cirven
    Cirven

Devil's Advocate

Devil's Advocate

Moderator- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : The Devil Jester
    Position : None
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 833,050

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Devil's Zeal
    Second Skill: Aphyon Jivven
    Third Skill: Vir'ednith

New Slayer types - Need your opinions - Page 2 Empty Re: New Slayer types - Need your opinions

Post by Cirven 24th January 2015, 10:38 pm

Lyserg wrote:
    FilFire wrote:Skeletal dragons are not that uncommon an idea though. It's basically something created by master Necromancers when they're fed up with the band of heroes getting in their way

And Bone Slayer would mostly mean that you take the idea of a corpse eater and incorporate it with a school of magic which revolves around eating stuff and using that same element to fight.

I agree that some ideas are ridiculous, but at least there would be precedent for Bone Slayer, since it isn't like eating corpses is that otherworldly an idea.

Alright, this will sound extremely rude, and that's probably because it is. But it was my first reaction to your idea. It sounds like you just pulled it from the next best fantasy franchise you could find.

The thing is, just like for a bone dragon, a history and reason for ANY dragon can be found. Just because the reasoning would be, that ANY dragon can potentially exist. (there was a "Jade" dragon in the canon.... remember?) And out of the same reasoning, you could create a background for ANY dragon. The dragon exists, because why-the-hell-not, and its backstory is *copy paste some fantasy lore*.

Honestly, I see no need for it. That is why I oppose the idea. It's not *necessary* to make the universe feel more immersive, it's not *necessary* to make dragon slayer more special (imo, having another squatted in dragon element would even take away from slayer uniqueness, but that's debatable), it's not *necessary* to make Fairy Tail feel like Fairy Tail.

People have been asking for MORE slayer content since the dawn of the first Fairy Tail roleplay site. It's a cool concept, I agree. Dunno who wouldn't, but overuse it, overstretch it, overextend its necessary boundaries and it becomes a tumor that doesn't deal any harm, but is just really annoying to have and incredibly ugly to watch.

So I oblige, don't add another slayer. We have enough as is.

Chelvaric wrote:maybe i agree with lyse we dont realy need anymore slayer types or it gona become a bit silly

They took the words out of my mouth here. We don't need to replace Storm Slayer at all especially seeing as it was a made up slayer position in the first place and should have remained exclusive to that person. We honestly have enough slayer types without it and enough slayer characters running around due to lacrima.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

New Slayer types - Need your opinions - Page 2 LxcTBIi
    Character Info:
    Felicity
    Felicity

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Slayer- Dragon Slayer- Dark Guild Ace- S-Rank- A-Rank- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Advertisement Achievement Badge- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Evil Angel
    Guild : Savage Skull
    Experience : 75987.5

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Toxic Scourge
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

New Slayer types - Need your opinions - Page 2 Empty Re: New Slayer types - Need your opinions

Post by Felicity 25th January 2015, 12:32 am

I'll just support Lyserg and anybody else who supports him.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

WE'LL HELP TONIGHT TO SPLIT ITS SEAMS
    GIVE THE BRUISES OUT LIKE GIFTS, YOU'LL GET THE PICTURE OF YOUR DREAMS
    New Slayer types - Need your opinions - Page 2 ObrztW

Hakora Rhapsodos
    Hakora Rhapsodos

Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Player 
    Lineage : Androphobic Annihilation
    Guild : Savage Skull
    Experience : 350

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Shattered Soul
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Hakora Rhapsodos 25th January 2015, 12:46 am

1. Crystal
    2. Sound

That are my only picks. Cosmic could easily become OP assuming cosmic is like Heavenly Body which is uber powerful.

The other choices like Plant and steam are two elements mixed together.

Nero_
    Nero_

Thunder Knight

Thunder Knight

Dragon VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Coming Storms- Guild Master- God Slayer- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Senior [500]- Player 
    Lineage : Shinigami Protection
    Guild : Guildless
    Mentor :
    Experience : 2475

Character Sheet
    First Skill: -
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Nero_ 25th January 2015, 2:26 am

Lyserg wrote:New Slayer types - Need your opinions - Page 2 869ac522e1bb9d6c072dbbe527ed9821aa90f0c7aaccfde1b94fc05e74d5ff29

Seriously, new slayer types? Can someone explain to me why you want this when you can just have the magic.... without it being slayer magic? And what even... Oil Slayer? Ink... and Paper? No way José, those make very little sense to me as is.

So yeah, someone mind explaining the entire concept?

Why not just... remove the storm slayer and let that be it. No need for another slayer type. I trust that the community can do without a plastic dragon and his pupil/foster child.

^ That.

Storm slayer was a very broken concept. Like, being able to control every storm element? How about no. This made them seem like, the supreme slayers, being able to control more than one element, which is the main restriction of Slayer magic, as the slayers can only use one element, unless they are dual.

So in other words, just get rid of storm slayers, DON'T place other OP slayers (like cosmic or sound >.>) and just get done with it.

Character Theme || Insanity theme
    New Slayer types - Need your opinions - Page 2 Tumblr_n98jk3TInZ1qmxnvuo1_500
    Iesha
    Iesha

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Dragon Slayer- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Shinigami Protection
    Guild : ◇ sabertooth ◇
    Experience : 0

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Iesha 25th January 2015, 3:50 am

This is my opinion:

[1] Music
    [2] Crystal
    [3] Wood

[L] Ink
    Mifune
    Mifune

The White Wizard

The White Wizard

Developer/GFX Artist- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Guild Master- Dragon Slayer- H-Rank- S-Rank- Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 6- Veteran Level 5- Veteran Level 4- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Best GFX Artist Award- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Malefic Illusions
    Mentor : Oykai
    Experience : 500

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Death Wish
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Mifune 25th January 2015, 5:24 am

1: Wood
    2: Steam
    3: Crystal

Plant imo would be too similar to the "Rose Dragon Slayer" Which is a VIP item in the shop that has yet to sell.  If you add it in to the list and it becomes the new Slayer, Rose Slayer would become less desireable.  

Music & Sound... Same thing and also doesn't suit a Slayer imo.  

Cosmic: How would cosmic slayers eat?  Light of the stars & moon?  they're light slayers now... I'm the light slayer, f*ck off! (JK, but seriously.)

I'd like to suggest replacing "Storm Slayer" with "Cloud Slayer."  In my opinion the only reason Storm slayers had become OP was because people misinterpreted their abilities and thought that they could use multiple elements as freely as anything.  This is false.  Like how fire creates smoke, A cloud slayer would indirectly create multiple elements by generating different Cloud formations.  Cloud slayers cannot eat multiple elements, they eat Clouds... just clouds.  They cannot manipulate other elements, only generate them indirectly in regulated amounts to give their clouds certain effects which makes their magic versatile but also restricts them in control of "Storm elements"

Or, just... remove the slayer position entirely.  

Instead focus your efforts on producing Demons and Curses!  It's the only new thing to pop in to the FT universe for a while and the only thing we made no effort to introduce on the site. To counter-balance the Demons & Curses maybe add Angels and Blessings lol.

Akeya
    Akeya

Twilight Dragon

Twilight Dragon

Dragon VIP Status- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Dragon Slayer- Rich- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Hic Sunt Dracones
    Faction : The Luminous Covenant
    Guild : Fairy Tail (Ace)
    Mentor : Whedalsin
    Experience : 1,093,688

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Twilight Dragon Magic
    Second Skill: Twilight Dragon Magic
    Third Skill: Twilight Dragon Magic

Post by Akeya 25th January 2015, 6:18 am

I see lots of people against the idea of new Slayer positions (and one suggestion to remove Slayers entirely, which is making me go 'whut').

Welp, that's not stopping me continuing to try and at least drag one new Slayer type out of the flames, because honestly I like the idea of a Bone Slayer too much to just let it go without a fight.

I suppose I should touch each arguments separately.

First of all, the 'we don't need a new OPbroken Slayer type' argument. That is of course a very valid argument. However, I fail to see how that would count for a Bone Slayer. I mean, you eat bones. As a result you're probably going to be eating corpses a lot. You can't in some way twist eating bones into being able to eat other stuff as well. Hell, it's not even like there's a lot of attacks which include bones so being able to eat bones isn't going to make you immune to a lot of attacks. And bones aren't exactly something which can be used in so many ways as to make it OPbroken. Even more so, the chances of being able to eat enough bones as to achieve Slayer Force are very low, so in some ways Bone Slayer would be less OP than several existing Slayer types, since it doesn't make you virtually immune to a commonly used attack type and there aren't often enough bones around for you to eat yourself into Slayer Force mode.

Second is the argument that we don't need to make new Slayers for the sake of having new Slayers. That is also correct. However that's completely different from making a new Slayer type because that Slayer type just sounds like a good type of magic. Personally I think Bone Slayer wouldn't sound forced at all. You eat corpses, and use bones in your abilities (bone armour, bone claws). This in sharp contrast to something like Paper or Oil, which does sound forced.

Third is the argument that it isn't necessary to have new Slayer types. That is once again true. However does something have to be necessary for it to be added? What if it's just a fun/good/interesting idea? The idea that you should only ever add new ideas if said ideas are really necessary sounds a lot like restricting creativity. The magic type I created for my character sure as hell wasn't necessary. However I've heard from several people how they find it interesting, including the Mod who originally approved of it. Should that also have been rejected for being an unnecessary addition to what types of magic exist and are available, for being unnecessary no matter how interesting it may be?

Fourth is the person who has become allergic to the idea of Slayers due to it being hyped so much. While I can understand that, and have experienced something similar with other concepts in the past, I still have to say that even if lots of ideas around the concept are flawed it isn't good to just assume each and every part of the concept is flawed and should only be rejected and never considered. Not that I'm saying everybody would like the idea of a Bone Slayer even after considering it, but I believe that it should at least be considered before rejected, rather than that we destroy any chances of getting a new Slayer type, regardless how good it may be, because we've experienced too much stupidity regarding Slayers in the past.

I know it's a bit arrogant to be defending a new Slayer Type I myself suggested in the first place. However I feel like Bone Slayer would not be overly redundant, would not be forced, and would not be broken. Looking at the Fairy Tail manga Slayers are supposed to be bruisers. Several of their techniques are about enhancing melee attacks, with a couple of ranged additions. A Bone Slayer would easily fit the role of bruiser. They would cover themselves in bones as armour, and grow claws of bones to rip apart their enemies. They'd revel being in the middle of the battlefield, where they can keep eating the bodies of the fallen so they can keep fighting until the only things left are corpses and crows, with the Bone Slayer feasting as enthusiastically as the carrion eaters.
    Does that kind of magic sound forced? I myself certainly don't think so. Bone God Slayers would have bones black as night, making them even more terrifying than the other two Slayer types, as is fitting for a type of magic meant to slay Gods. Bone Demon Slayers would have bones white as snow, making them look intimidating and strong, ready to bring down the Demons that plague the land. The Bone Dragon Slayer would have bones of a yellow-ish colour, giving them a fierce and primal appearance, like the Dragons from which they would have learned their magic.

A good test to see if a Slayer type would be over the top or redundant is ask the question: would somebody think of that type of magic even if the whole idea of Slayer magic was never thought of?

How likely is it that somebody would think of a magic type where your character eats paper, then uses abilities which mainly consist of paper? Shooting out lots of small papers and making them move in whirlwinds, covering their enemies in small cuts until they succumb to their wounds? There might be somebody who thinks of that, but the chances are slim. Anybody who wants that kind of fighting style would probably just use wind magic and make it slicing winds.

How likely is it that somebody would think of a magic type where your character eats oil, then uses oil to defeat their enemies? I'm having difficulties even thinking of abilities that include oil that aren't just spitting it at people and blinding them. If somebody were to think of using oil it would only be a part of somebody's magic abilities. A part focused on hindering people's sight. And I doubt they'd ever think of eating oil, at least as specific part of their magic.

How likely is it that somebody would think of a magic type where your character eats bones, then turns into a monster clad in bones to destroy and devour? A cannibal who has trouble controlling their urge to devour the bones of the fallen, who live up to the term bruiser by creating armour out of bones and creating claws out of bones, ripping enemies apart and feasting on them before launching themselves at their next prey? My imagination might be a bit darker than most, but I'm pretty sure this would have been thought of eventually even if Slayers were never heard of, because it isn't illogical. It may be dark and rather morbid, but it isn't like bone armour and bone claws and corpse eating are concepts you'd have trouble thinking of, that you'd really have to try and be outlandish to get that idea.

So, in the end, my argument is: I understand that we shouldn't add Slayers for the sake of adding Slayers, and that Slayers shouldn't be OPbroken, and all that. However I don't think Bone Slayer falls under any of those categories.

I mean, even without the Slayer position I would at some point probably have used my more morbid ideas and have created a corpse eater who uses bone armour, because ever since I saw a couple of examples in games and stories I thought the concept of bone armour was pretty cool. As I already said, I thought of Bone Slayer AFTER thinking 'We need a corpse eater. Wait, Shyvana has a Bone Dragon skin. Combining those two would be pretty cool'. I didn't start thinking of creating a corpse eating bone armour wearing monster after hearing about Slayers. I already had that idea in my mind, and when hearing about Slayers I thought that the ideas were similar enough that it would make more sense to just incorporate my idea into the Slayer system than to make it entirely separate magic regardless of the glaring similarities.

Also, another question: say this whole idea was rejected, and I would at some point come with an alt whose magic is actually eating corpses and growing bone armour and bone claws to become a bruiser monster. Would anybody think that I would only ever think of that idea because of Slayers? Would that idea be rejected not for being a bad idea, but because it is too similar to being a Slayer?

In fact, would anybody here reject the idea of the corpse eater, the Monster Clad In Bones, not as a Slayer type, but as a type of magic entirely?

Because if people don't think the idea itself is bad, I don't see why it should do any worse if you do the sensible thing and just make it a Slayer type. The only difference would be an official acknowledgement of its existence and some increased regulation.

EDIT: As for the idea of removing Slayers entirely...I think that's too fundamental a part of Fairy Tail to remove it. At that point you could just as well stop saying this site is a non-canon Fairy Tail and just call it some magic based RP forum or another.

New Slayer types - Need your opinions - Page 2 Akeya2
    Between the Sun and the Moon, where it is neither Day nor Night, the Dragon of Twilight sleeps.

Character|Magic
    Rosetta Crawford
    Rosetta Crawford

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Villain- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Embodiment of the 13th
    Guild : Blue Pegasus
    Mentor : Sky Emperor Shangdi
    Experience : 367,824.5

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Ten No Kichi
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Rosetta Crawford 25th January 2015, 8:04 am

The fact we have people who have the storm slayer position is the reason we are REPLACING rather than just getting rid of it. If we didn't have any storm slayers currently we'd probably remove it entirely. As we do...don't you think its unfair when they've applied for it and managed to get it?

The ideas that I threw out were IDEAS. Seriously? Is it so hard to get a 'yeah this idea is good, these ideas are bad' rather than just saying 'these are stupid'. Or if you don't like any of them just say so.

I apologise for not informing the storm slayers of this. We wanted to get some concrete ideas of what we could replace it with before we did as we didn't want to suddenly replace storm slayer with nothing. Of course, your opinnions will be taken into large consideration for this.

As for the idea of doing something other than slayers to add to the world please give suggestsions rather than just saying 'Give us something new'. I honeslty don't see what you mean by slayers are made so important on site. We've had like one event on site which involved the slayers to any large extent.

Also considering fairy tail in canon has dragons as the sort of pinnacle of power and as a main concept it makes sense to make them a focus.

New Slayer types - Need your opinions - Page 2 Zack2_by_gramcrackers-d8ker96

New Slayer types - Need your opinions - Page 2 Zack_by_ravenart5-d8j23c0

New Slayer types - Need your opinions - Page 2 Zackrose_zpse9a22d85
    Current missions(4/6):  get the squid A, King of Fighters(S), Village Protection(A), Repair the House(D)
    Akryn
    Akryn

Quality Badge Level 1- X-Mas Event Participant- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Lucifer's Aura
    Mentor : Thorsfell, Gamara, Vishnu, Cytorakk, Botosai
    Experience : 1625

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Wind Magic
    Second Skill: None
    Third Skill:

Post by Akryn 25th January 2015, 3:20 pm

I am wholly against just erasing the storm slayers. It is exceptionally unfair to simply go "This is to much, lets remove it" with no compensation to those of us who have it yanked away. I will acknowledge, storm slayer can quickly become OP and easily abused, so perhaps it should not be a slayer spot anymore. HOWEVER, the storm slayers should be compensated accordingly. Bone slayer sounds very.....interesting though.

An idea I had was titans. In ancient myth, before time, Titans ruled over all, in authority and absolute control. They created the gods and the demons, they formed the earth and the elements which are now ruled by their offspring, before their offspring became jealousand over threw them, with the help of almost all their offspring. Now, titans, ancient ones, primordial (Which is a name I really like) THAT could be a thing. Absolute, and I mean truly absolute control over their chosen element. Downside, they cant have anything else.

Prayne de crabug ahm keike rinedere be-yogt iglo kes gron!

Akryns battle theme

Spoiler:

Dramatic moments

Spoiler:

"I came into this world, kicking, screaming, and covered in someone elses blood. I have little issue going out the same way."
    Seijin
    Seijin

The Panda

The Panda

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Main Account- Alt Account- Get Married- Get Divorced- Alignment Shift- Mythical VIP Status- Demon VIP Status- God VIP Status- Dragon VIP Status- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Mythical- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Horseman- 11 Sinner- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Rising Star- Coming Storms- Guild Master- Custom Slayer- God Slayer- Demon Slayer- Dragon Slayer- Zodiac Key- Legal Guild Ace- Neutral Guild Ace- Dark Guild Ace- Z-Rank- Y-Rank- X-Rank- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- So Extra- Eevee- EXP Grinder- Jewel Grinder- Job Creator- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Teaming Up!- Limited Edition- Legal Eagle- Hired Help- Devotee of Darkness- Idolize- Unknown Powerhouse- Unknown Legend- Innocent- Guilty- Pardoned- The Completionist- World Traveler- Helper- Guild Creator- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Over Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Monty Python- Obligatory Beach Episode- Shipped- Sticking Around- Loyal to the Bone- Dank Memer- Fan Artist- Solo Artist- Taskmaster- Collector- Halloween gfx'ers- Halloween Social- Halloween job event participant - Fan Art Contest Participant- Haiku Contest Participant- Lineage Making Contest Participant- Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 6- Veteran Level 5- Veteran Level 4- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Tertiary Magic- Vehicle- Ship- Supreme Grand Master [5000]- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 1st Place Event/Contest Winner- 2nd Place Event/Contest Winner- 3rd Place Event/Contest Winner- Christmas Event Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Advertisement Achievement Badge- Tournament Participation Badge- Weapon of Apocalypse Wielder- Cookie Achievement- Cupcake Achievement- Motor City Rush- Rainbow- Hero- Villain- Summer Special Tier 5- Summer Special Tier 4- Summer Special Tier 3- Summer Special Tier 2- Summer Special Tier 1- Summer Special Donor- Summer Special Participant- Have Seijin On Your Friends List- Have Onida On Your Friend's List- Have an Admin as a friend!- Have aeluri On Your Friend's List- Best GFX Artist Award- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Royal Panda
    Guild : None
    Cosmic Coins :
    Dungeon Tokens :
    Mentor : None
    Experience :

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Panda Magic
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Seijin 25th January 2015, 5:48 pm

How about JADE

New Slayer types - Need your opinions - Page 2 Zirconis%27_roar
    Akryn
    Akryn

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Akryn 25th January 2015, 6:06 pm

Make ALL the clothes vanish!

Akryns battle theme

Spoiler:

Dramatic moments

Spoiler:

"I came into this world, kicking, screaming, and covered in someone elses blood. I have little issue going out the same way."
    Kaito
    Kaito

Silent Killer

Silent Killer

Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Player 
    Lineage : Demonic Mask
    Guild : Bassalisk fang
    Mentor : Marik Anderson

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Demon bird Takeover
    Second Skill: none
    Third Skill:

Post by Kaito 25th January 2015, 7:11 pm

me calls the jade one

New Slayer types - Need your opinions - Page 2 Kaito_by_ravenart5-d92uwm8

Goku
    voiced by whoever plays goku

what Kaito sounds like

Kaito for real:
    Akryn
    Akryn

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Akryn 25th January 2015, 7:55 pm

I would think current storm slayers get first dibs.

Akryns battle theme

Spoiler:

Dramatic moments

Spoiler:

Alistair
    Alistair

The Flaming Storm

The Flaming Storm

Player 
    Lineage : Magician's Spirit
    Guild : Surīpingu Mori
    Cosmic Coins : 2
    Mentor : Gamaken/Sage of Wisdom

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Vibration Magic
    Second Skill: ---
    Third Skill:

Post by Alistair 25th January 2015, 8:19 pm

[1] Steam: Steampunk slayers in bound!!!! THAT REASON ALONE SHOULD BE ENOUGH!

[2] Wood/Plant: This should be just plant in my opinion as wood comes from plants

[3] Sound: I think this could be really could be really cool slayer leaving an area with out sound for a few minutes after and creating sound waves (not air waves) that knock people back, and to create illusions using sound that stimulate the other senses or to move at sonic speeds in short periods of time.

[L]Crystal/Music: I see crystal and music as a refined form of earth and music.

also....

KEEP THE STORM SLAYERS AND BRING ON THE JADE!!!

New Slayer types - Need your opinions - Page 2 NIcSzU5
    New Slayer types - Need your opinions - Page 2 8bcBk2DNew Slayer types - Need your opinions - Page 2 JpghjKoNew Slayer types - Need your opinions - Page 2 ABgHET9New Slayer types - Need your opinions - Page 2 JpghjKoNew Slayer types - Need your opinions - Page 2 WoUKdoo
    Music:
    Voices:
    Axilmeus Steel
    Axilmeus Steel

Godaime: Bai Hu

Godaime: Bai Hu

Main Account- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Christian Minecraft Server- Achiever- Haiku Contest Participant- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Novice [250]- 3rd Place Event/Contest Winner- Motor City Rush- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Glory of the Slayer
    Guild : Rune Knights
    Mentor : -
    Experience : 2237.5

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Fantasy Summon: Super Hero
    Second Skill: N/A
    Third Skill:

Post by Axilmeus Steel 25th January 2015, 8:35 pm

Shuhei wrote:1: Wood
    2: Steam
    3: Crystal

Plant imo would be too similar to the "Rose Dragon Slayer" Which is a VIP item in the shop that has yet to sell.  If you add it in to the list and it becomes the new Slayer, Rose Slayer would become less desireable.  

Music & Sound... Same thing and also doesn't suit a Slayer imo.  

Cosmic: How would cosmic slayers eat?  Light of the stars & moon?  they're light slayers now... I'm the light slayer, f*ck off! (JK, but seriously.)

I'd like to suggest replacing "Storm Slayer" with "Cloud Slayer."  In my opinion the only reason Storm slayers had become OP was because people misinterpreted their abilities and thought that they could use multiple elements as freely as anything.  This is false.  Like how fire creates smoke, A cloud slayer would indirectly create multiple elements by generating different Cloud formations.  Cloud slayers cannot eat multiple elements, they eat Clouds... just clouds.  They cannot manipulate other elements, only generate them indirectly in regulated amounts to give their clouds certain effects which makes their magic versatile but also restricts them in control of "Storm elements"

Or, just... remove the slayer position entirely.  

Instead focus your efforts on producing Demons and Curses!  It's the only new thing to pop in to the FT universe for a while and the only thing we made no effort to introduce on the site.  To counter-balance the Demons & Curses maybe add Angels and Blessings lol.

Shu bruh u tryna kill me? Water slayers and wind slayers already eat mah clouds I don't need another contender :shock: . Haha, I'm not actually against it though, could be interesting.

What I'm more interested in is the Curses deal. I made a "Curse" a while back with Hydra, but it was just magic with a fancy name. I'm really interested in how you think this would change things though, as I've been curious about curses since the idea came out (while I was making my demon character). Can this honestly become a discussion at some point?

Twinkle Toes
    Twinkle Toes

Wind Runner

Wind Runner

Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Novice [250]- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Aspect of Pluto
    Guild : Fairy Tail
    Mentor : My Uncle And Daiko
    Experience : 150

Character Sheet
    First Skill: String
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Twinkle Toes 25th January 2015, 9:25 pm

*Don't read if you get annoyed easily.*

[1] Cosmic -This just sounds amazing. I can see someone being very creative with this is doing very well. It is a very interesting and beautiful Slayer type.
    [2] Music -I just imagine a flute playing man walking around eating his music. XD I could also see someone being like a bard.
    [3] Crystal -Fair enough. Seems cool.
    [4] Wood -Cool.
    [5] Plant -I can feel the poison ivy now.
    [5] Steam -gabe newell
    [6] Paper -Yikes bro a paper cut.
    [7] Sound -I can't tell you enough how over powered this would be. No, just no.
    [8] Oil -Answer me this, Where will you ever find oil? I guess I can see this from a spell or the ground but it doesn't appeal to me.
    [9] Ink -This one is my least favorite. Why would anyone want this. No one uses ink magic and I doubt anyone will carry a pen. The sources to absorb seem limited. The magic itself seems boring. Would this just be like water but more toxic? Not my thing at all.

I honestly hate the rest. They all don't seem very useful. I mean what does a ink and oil slayer do? Would they have to get lucky and find some ink or oil somewhere? Paper too where the heck are they going to find paper. I guess I can see someone using paper magic but it doesn't seem like something very common. Sound seems very op. This would need a lot of work. I don't think that sound slayer should ever exist because some wise guy will come over at swallow your words then kill you. Plant and wood seem nice.

I think cloud is my personal favorite for slayer. It would be interesting to see how people work with something like this for comabt. Very interesting and creative to be a cloud slayer or cloud magic user. #make it rain.

As for bone slayer, I could see this being very interesting in combat. It would have to be for dead people thought because you could suck out someones bone. (Quickly rephrases.) You can suck out their bones or exposed bones.

[237.5/1200] 
    [D:2||C:4||B:0||A:0||S:0]
    New Slayer types - Need your opinions - Page 2 Signature_zps12evg2bc
    "My hands are stained with death and loss, maybe the time has come for redemption."
    Miss Lyra
    Miss Lyra

Player 
    Lineage : Disparity
    Guild : Lamia Scale

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Miss Lyra 25th January 2015, 10:51 pm

I completely agree with Sei, The Jade dragon is completely Canon, and its more closer to Crystal dragon than Earth. It may be a bit hard to come across the element for eating, but hey... I see no reason why not....

Perhaps we can put this on hold for a time being to see if New slayer types are introduced into the manga ( for those that pay attention to it dearly - like me ), or nerf their magic. There are several ways to resolve that issue...

But more importantly, the bigger issue. There are way too many slayer types... I agree to bring in the curses and demons!! Yaya!

Love
      ~ Kari

New Slayer types - Need your opinions - Page 2 Images-12_zps303fb941
    Kusanagi
    Kusanagi

1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : None
    Experience : 37.5

Post by Kusanagi 26th January 2015, 7:05 am

steam or wood put a motha humpin poll god dang it.

E's Dialogue
    E's Thoughts
    Rosetta Crawford
    Rosetta Crawford

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Villain- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Embodiment of the 13th
    Mentor : Sky Emperor Shangdi
    Experience : 367,824.5

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Ten No Kichi
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Rosetta Crawford 26th January 2015, 7:52 am

The reason there isn't a poll is that we haven't got a concrete list so far.
    I wanted to use this to see if there are any really good ideas and which ones are so bad...and then make a poll.

New Slayer types - Need your opinions - Page 2 Zack2_by_gramcrackers-d8ker96

New Slayer types - Need your opinions - Page 2 Zack_by_ravenart5-d8j23c0

New Slayer types - Need your opinions - Page 2 Zackrose_zpse9a22d85
    Current missions(4/6):  get the squid A, King of Fighters(S), Village Protection(A), Repair the House(D)
    Akryn
    Akryn

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Akryn 26th January 2015, 8:07 am

I like bone. Wood/plant seems popular, as does jade since sei suggested it.

Akryns battle theme

Spoiler:

Dramatic moments

Spoiler:

Chloe Harken
    Chloe Harken

God VIP Status- Dragon VIP Status- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Player 
    Lineage : Ariel's Descent
    Cosmic Coins : 30
    Experience : 150

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Thunder God Slayer
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Chloe Harken 11th April 2015, 8:53 pm

Now I will admit some of these sound ridicolous, so redicolous I want them to be real xD.

1.) Cosmic
    2.) Sound
    3.) Plant

Least Fav.) Oil

New Slayer types - Need your opinions - Page 2 XgUWmH8
    Lekuna
    Lekuna

Player 
    Lineage : Lucifer's Descent
    Guild : Eclipse Soul
    Experience : 1475

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Maid of Time
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Lekuna 11th April 2015, 9:40 pm

I retract my statement and agree with the woman below

Last edited by Lekuna on 12th April 2015, 12:55 am; edited 1 time in total

Jobs Completed

D-Rank: 6
    C-Rank: 2
    B-Rank: 2

Total Experience: 1237.5/7500

Almyra Bys
    Almyra Bys

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Rising Star- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Armored Beast
    Cosmic Coins : 41
    Mentor : None
    Experience : 1787.5

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Chaos Theory
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Almyra Bys 12th April 2015, 12:28 am

I don't see why new slayers need to be introduced, though I do have some ideas for other elements. I think it would be better to think up new interesting mechanics instead of slayers. Slayers are supposed to be elemental and plants, paper, ink, and whatever cosmic is supposed to be aren't elements. The closest that any listed would really be would be sonic, which even then I don't really consider its own element, since it's just pressure waves. Void makes absolutely no sense, since the basis behind slayers is that they are elemental, not non-elemental and it just seems like someone's idea to try to make slayers not be countered by non-elemental magic (and in general it sounds OP as all hell since it would just be about magical energy, meaning they could probably eat any element as well). Honestly, I think some other mechanics that aren't slayers could be cool, like introducing a system for ki/chi, psionics, or perhaps a modular/customizable magitech (magitech not being magical tech, but being tech so advanced it seems like it's magical) system that's begun to be smuggled out of Bosco so non-wizards can stand up for themselves against wizards and not have to deal with all their shenanigans.

Character|Magic|Bank
    New Slayer types - Need your opinions - Page 2 3MA5V3N
    Theme
    Button count: 1035
    Other siggies:
    Kakuma Blackflower
    Kakuma Blackflower

Wolf Spirit

Wolf Spirit

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Player 
    Lineage : Spirit Goddess
    Guild : Laughing Coffin?
    Cosmic Coins : 25

Post by Kakuma Blackflower 12th April 2015, 1:13 am

I agree with Almyra.

New Slayer types - Need your opinions - Page 2 KF68skC
    Okura Jin
    Okura Jin

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Rising Star- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Eternal warlord
    Guild : Black Rose
    Experience : 4143.75

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Heat Manipulation Magic
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Okura Jin 12th April 2015, 3:37 am

I too agree with Almyra and Lyserg, there's no need for more slayers; specially non elemental or oil/cosmic etc kind of slayers. If you make slayers a rather general type and allow other elements, don't forget that there are way too many op options. There are plenty of loopholes in that system as well and many don't let such chances go by. Characters need to remain balanced, slayers do definitely have an unfair advantage. However, they aren't that bad using the current system; but if you introduce these kind of elements(cosmic, wood, plant, paper, sound). This is going to make too many slayers and way too many op characters walking around.

New Slayer types - Need your opinions - Page 2 Shogo_makishima_signature__jin__by_dreamishlyme-d9bo856

Current date/time is 28th May 2024, 10:15 pm