Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Lore Magic

Kirahunter
    Kirahunter

The Phoenix

The Phoenix

Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Rising Star- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- S-Rank- A-Rank- Haiku Contest Participant- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Hero- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Keeper of War
    Position : None
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 1,250

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Seith - Human Possession
    Second Skill: Stardust
    Third Skill:

Lore Magic Empty Lore Magic

Post by Kirahunter 10th July 2014, 11:48 am

So this idea came to mind when a conflict arose because of my magic and another players magic. A while back I created a magic I called "Phoenix Fire" and I rooted it's abilities, powers and origin in the site's resident superboss The Phoenix. It stirred some people up and to get it approved I had to make a super awesome thread about how I got it.

Some time later....

PhoenixRises101 wants to make a magic also based off of The Phoenix. >.> which is causing some problems because the lore behind our magics clash. We are still in the process of trying to make it work.

This suggestion isn't about finding a solution to that problem. It's an idea I got thinking about how to prevent future situations like this and to encourage members to create characters more steeped into pre-existing lore.

Thanks to a growing number of high ranked jobs and the dungeon system there are now a large number of powerful boss enemies. I think a system should be in place to allow for easy "Lore Magics" as I have come to call them. Magics based off of an existing site boss.

Rules for Lore Magic:
    -Each Boss can only have on inheritor of their magic. So a positions thread like the one for slayers and gold keys will be needed.
    -To use a Lore Magic you must create a thread explaining how you inherited the power. Like mine https://www.fairytail-rp.com/t7669-bargaining-with-the-beast
    -The Boss is counted as your mentor.
    -The Boss must exist before you start making your magic to be considered Lore Magic.
    -The magic actually has to resemble the bosses magic, the user is allowed to make alterations and take artistic freedoms but at the core the magic must be the same.

I recommend just a handful of bosses be permitted for lore magic, or else we will have to make a lore magic slot for every job ever. My suggestions are...

-The Phoenix: From Phoenix Fire. Phoenix themed magic. Naturally taken by myself
    -The Storm King: From The Storm King. Disaster themed magic.
    -Saphagne the Chaos Dragon: From the Beacons. Chaos themed dragon slayer magic.
    -Master Vampire: From Twilight's Nest. Vampire themed magic.
    -The Titan: From Titan Slayer. Strength themed magic.
    -Ryu Charizard: From Ninja Wars. Charizard themed magic?
    -Jinn: Floor 85 of the dungeons. Arabian Nights themed magic.
    -Zagan: Floor 99. Dimensional Rift themed magic.
    -Asaroth: Floor 76. Sloth themed magic.
    -Fortuna: Floor 51. Gambling Themed magic.
    -Mercury: Floor 71. Speed Biker themed magic.

Dungeon based Lore Magics could be potential rewards from the dungeon system.

Thoughts? Imput?

_____________________________________________________________________________________

[20:44:53] Kirahunter : also I like the sound of my own voice
    [20:44:59] Kirahunter : so I had to say something

Missions Completed

D- 6 (150 exp)
    C- 1 (50 exp)
    B- 1 (1,050 exp)
    A- 0
    S- 0

Total:1250

Character
    Primary Magic
    King Zenshin
    King Zenshin

The judge

The judge

Moderator- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- S-Rank- A-Rank- Halloween job event participant - Rich- Veteran Level 6- Veteran Level 5- Veteran Level 4- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 2nd Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Summer Special Participant- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Aspect of Neptune
    Guild : N/A
    Cosmic Coins : 25
    Dungeon Tokens : 9
    Experience : 263,160

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Knight of Space
    Second Skill: Paladin's Armaments
    Third Skill:

Lore Magic Empty Re: Lore Magic

Post by King Zenshin 10th July 2014, 11:57 am

Oh wow. I like this, I like this a lot. The boss of my werewolf job could also be like takeover!
    (Thing is though my alt uses chaos magic, so what are we gonna do if someone already has a themed magic matching a superboss?)

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Missions Completed
    100 Year: 1
    10 Year: 1
    S-Ranked: 1
    A-Ranked: 4
    B-Ranked: 4
    D-Ranked: 3
    Event Experience: 57,562.5
    Dungeon Experience: 2,325
    Total Experience: 263,160

Character / Vincent Gauss
    Primary Magic / Knight of Space
    Secondary Magic / Paladin's Armaments
    History & Notebook | Bank
    Golden Lacrima | Expires 7/9/2019
    Kirahunter
    Kirahunter

The Phoenix

The Phoenix

Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Rising Star- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- S-Rank- A-Rank- Haiku Contest Participant- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Hero- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Kirahunter 10th July 2014, 12:07 pm

Well it's pretty simple what to do in that case zenface. We leave them alone and let them keep their magic. Since it would be mean to lock down every magic that even resembled a lore magic. I mean we don't ban fire magic because we have a fire dragon slayer.

This would only be a problem if their magic was already based off of a boss(like me). In which case we just auto-give them the spot.

Missions Completed

D- 6 (150 exp)
    C- 1 (50 exp)
    B- 1 (1,050 exp)
    A- 0
    S- 0

Character
    Primary Magic
    PhoenixRises101
    PhoenixRises101

Player 
    Lineage : Aspect of Terra
    Guild : Rune Knights (Dragon Fang Member)
    Experience : 0

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Phoenix Fire
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by PhoenixRises101 10th July 2014, 12:29 pm

And in case of mine and yours? Coincidentally the same boss, but mine is psychic and yours is physical link so that would work?

Kirahunter
    Kirahunter

The Phoenix

The Phoenix

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Kirahunter 10th July 2014, 12:32 pm

o-o our instance is the broken exception created because of a lack of rules and systems. Tbh I only allowed an exception because nowhere in the rules am I really given the right to tell you "No I wanna be the only phoenix get lost I was here first." And I'm not a meanie face.

Once this is in place such exceptions will not be needed or be possible. Since such a scenario as ours won't come again because with this system in place asking to inherit power from the same boss as someone else is like asking to be a duplicate slayer. Which doesn't happen.

Or another way of doing things we could treat "Psychic" lore mages as the "Lacrima Slayer" version of this.

Missions Completed

D- 6 (150 exp)
    C- 1 (50 exp)
    B- 1 (1,050 exp)
    A- 0
    S- 0

Character
    Primary Magic
    Aria Beleren
    Aria Beleren

Cosmic Soul

Cosmic Soul

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Rising Star- Legal Guild Ace- S-Rank- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Christmas Event Winner- Hero- Have Seijin On Your Friends List- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Mentor : Memnarch
    Experience : 0

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Tergiversation Arts
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Aria Beleren 10th July 2014, 1:22 pm

Kira I'm not big on limiting people magic. It's about as bad when this board decided to limit Heavenly body, Storm, and all of the Arc magics down to a certain amount of players. This really rubs me the wrong way because members here have always had the freedom to make magic of their own or, with the creator's permission, make a magic based off their's.

Users come in here they have the ability to create their own magic, their own lore, and their own characters. It's a double edged sword because there is no real DM or dungeon master to go to about your character and it could run into your own history.

As human beings, you are to learn to adapt to changes and turn around and go let's do things this way.

Themes:
    King Zenshin
    King Zenshin

The judge

The judge

Moderator- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- S-Rank- A-Rank- Halloween job event participant - Rich- Veteran Level 6- Veteran Level 5- Veteran Level 4- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 2nd Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Summer Special Participant- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Aspect of Neptune
    Guild : N/A
    Cosmic Coins : 25
    Dungeon Tokens : 9
    Experience : 263,160

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Knight of Space
    Second Skill: Paladin's Armaments
    Third Skill:

Post by King Zenshin 10th July 2014, 1:59 pm

Lol Recreation in a nutshell. Pretty much throws canon out the window. But I can see where Kira is coming from. Conflicting canons can be a little concerning

Missions Completed
    100 Year: 1
    10 Year: 1
    S-Ranked: 1
    A-Ranked: 4
    B-Ranked: 4
    D-Ranked: 3
    Event Experience: 57,562.5
    Dungeon Experience: 2,325
    Total Experience: 263,160

Character / Vincent Gauss
    Primary Magic / Knight of Space
    Secondary Magic / Paladin's Armaments
    History & Notebook | Bank
    Golden Lacrima | Expires 7/9/2019
    Zeno
    Zeno

Emotional Tempest 1

Emotional Tempest 1

Administrator- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- H-Rank- Rich- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Hero- Villain- Have Seijin On Your Friends List- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Spirit Link
    Guild : Eclipse Soul
    Experience : 337,500

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Major Arcana
    Second Skill: Minor Arcana
    Third Skill:

Post by Zeno 11th July 2014, 5:50 am

Nevertheless, we can keep the freedom, but we can take the good elements out of this suggestion:

Combining this idea with the dungeon system for example to create a list of unique magic that is obtainable by taking one of the bosses as your mentor.

I like this a lot, so I'll bring it up to Seijin.

Lore Magic Zeno1_by_gramcrackers-d7l4bjh

Current date/time is 27th April 2024, 2:39 am