Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Bargaining with the Beast

Kirahunter
    Kirahunter

The Phoenix

The Phoenix

Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Rising Star- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- S-Rank- A-Rank- Haiku Contest Participant- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Hero- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Keeper of War
    Position : None
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 1,250

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Seith - Human Possession
    Second Skill: Stardust
    Third Skill:

Bargaining with the Beast Empty Bargaining with the Beast

Post by Kirahunter 20th May 2014, 4:39 pm

The phoenix mountains on this day, a day unlike any other, had their tips covered by massive black storm clouds. The large black puffs swirled ominously and crackled with thunder and lightning. From miles away Simon gazed upward at the magnificent peaks and the storm brewing within them. The sight of the massive stones was life changing to say the least, spires of jagged rock piercing the sky dwarfing even the largest of human buildings. Simon found it incredibly breath taking and at the same time incredibly somber. The dark clouds cast a whole new aura onto the mountains, an aura that sent shivers up Simon's spine. However despite the wild winds and the largest distance and impending storm standing between Simon and his destination he had no intention of turning back. His course was set and he would not leave without his goals fulfilled. The demon slayer raised his right hand out from his traveling cloak and stared at it, this right hand he had permitted to be tainted in the blood of another living thing, this powerful demon slaying magic he held was the cause of his journey. He wanted to be rid of it.

This damned magic that he had carried so long had at long last become unbearable. He never liked killing and he always did everything he could to not kill anyone. Sadly with this power, this slaying power, this power of blades and weaponry accidental killing of his foes became a constant and recurring theme. He had spilled far too much blood with this magic and he refused to wield it a second longer then absolutely necessary. So why come to the phoenix mountains? Well to keep it simple this is where he planned to break his curse. He had heard legends of a mythical beast living high in the mountain tops with power unlike any other.

He curled his hand into a fist and lowered it to his side. Putting one foot in front of the other he progressed towards the mountains.

This legendary beast was called "The Phoenix." There was lots of lore on such beasts, many carrying similar traits and many mages mimicking the legends. But this one was the truth behind the myth. It didn't even have a name just a great big "The" because it didn't need a name. For the truth does not need a name it just is.

Simon reached the bottom of a hill and saw the grass around him all ended abruptly and from then out the ground was solid stone all the way to the mountains. There were still many miles to go and it seemed the storm was ready to break at any minute. Still he pressed on.

Simon had heard tales of the magnificent powers of this godlike creature. It was supposedly made of an other worldly flame. This flame was unlike anything else in the world, it was most certainly not normal, and it was not holy nor was it unholy. Supposedly it could not only burn, but also heal and protect. That bit is what caught Simon's attention. A flame that was for more then simple battle, but a flame that could protect and help people. Simon thought such a power would be a godsend and fit his style much more then a power meant solely to kill. So he had undergone deep research to see if it was possible to acquire such a power.

The mountains were growing ever closer and as he got closer Simon was constantly being buffeted by powerful winds that only grew in intensity. His traveling cloak fluttered and flapped violently threatening to tear and fly way. However this did not concern Simon as in all honesty he didn't really need the cloak, he just thought it was appropriate for such a trip.

Now in his research Simon found no mention of anyone ever claiming this phoenix fire for themselves. No matter how hard he looked there seemed to be no way for someone to simply learn this magic or obtain it like any other magic. He considered attempting to utilize take over magic to absorb the flame of "The Phoenix" however as he looked into what that would require he quickly found that such a thing would not be possible. Takeover magic required a mage to take and tame the soul of the creature they wished the become and doing so would require a great deal of physical and mental strength that Simon feared he lacked. He was especially concerned considering that this phoenix was considered a god of sorts, it's power was unmatched by any one living thing. Simon doubted greatly that he could tame such a creature and take it's soul into his. So he kept searching through other possibilities leaving no stone unturned.

The mountains were now right in front of him. Simon could feel something tugging at him, an immense presence was close at hand. Already even at the outskirts Simon could feel the unfathomable power of The Phoenix. A part of him wanted to turn and run, but at the same time he knew this was exactly what he came here for.

For the longest time Simon feared he would be stuck with his demon slaying magic and he would be unable to claim the phoenix fire. No leads presented themselves, no answers could be found anywhere. Before long Simon found himself despairing and preparing to give up on the phoenix fire. As Simon was preparing to seek out other options to free himself of his demon slaying curse he came onto a game changing piece of information.

Pressing forward along the foot of the mountains Simon was now progressing at a phenomenal pace, something about the end of the road urged Simon onward. All his research and clue hunting was preparing to reach it's climax. He would soon be at the lair of the phoenix where his judgement would be upon him.

That vital piece of information ironically came from his own demon slaying magic. As a metallic demon Kaminantium had created many powerful and unique magic artifacts. Apparently in a case of like father like son Kaminantium had also done extensive research on The Phoenix, he too was transfixed by it's unique flame. From his hours of pouring over scrolls and chasing down any and every scholar who knew anything about anything Simon learned that the metallic demon had attempted to capture the phoenix's power in a ring.

The ring was forged of mystic gold by the metallic demon himself. With it in hand the great demon had confronted the legendary bird and attempted to seal the phoenix within the ring. However The Phoenix proved too powerful and while the ring captured some of his fire it was only a fraction compared to the deities real ability. The Phoenix enraged attack Kaminantium and the two were drawn into earth shattering combat. The beast of legend was more then a match for the demon and forced him to flee in shame... But not without leaving his mark.

Simon reached journey's end with a surprising lack of climax. He was at the base of THE mountain that housed THE phoenix. In his hand was the golden ring he had stolen and in his heart was the drive to continue onward and upward. His plan was a gamble at it's absolute best and the odds were against him and the cost of failure was his life. However fiery oblivion was better then living on with the curse he held.

He gazed up at the peak of the mountain which was obscured by dark and ominous storm clouds. Simon then considered a problem he had no previously considered, that being what if the phoenix did not appear before him. He swallowed hard and lamented over the possibility. To come all this way for nothing. Simon shook his head and balled his hands into fists. He would not permit this kind of thinking to hold him back. So he set his mind and body to the task and began climbing the mountain. However the winds suddenly turned harsh and before even a minute had passed the clouds burst and rain began to pour down in unfathomable force. For ever foot Simon climbed the elements pushed him back three. His cloak was quickly ripped from his shoulders and flew into the night. He screamed into the night but his cries were silenced by the storm over whelming him.

All his efforts seemed in vain. No amount of effort could allow him to overpower the storm. The mountain was too steep, the rock too slick, the rain to heavy and the winds too powerful. Again Simon screamed in frustration but refused to give up. For hours he scrambled up the slick rock fighting with everything he had. All the strength of a demon slayer and all the power of his god leg magic seemed incredibly insignificant to the forces of nature at this moment. Simon was forced to accept that nothing he could do with brute force was ever going to work.

Determined to see the fruits of his effort Simon fell back on that which he now held in the palm of his left hand. The shining gold treasure that he had been forced to delve into ancient ruins to recover was now his last chance of finding success. As he scrambled up the mountain as high as he could in spite of the weather he thrust his left hand into the air and held the ring up. He screamed into the sky. "Oh might phoenix! You forger of legends and god of fire! I hold that which you most fear! The Ring of Phoenix that was forged by the great demon of steel Kaminantium and used to scar you so long ago!" At first nothing happened and Simon feared his attempts to draw out the bird were in vain. However after a second a small light peaked through the clouds and then all at once the storm clouds were banished away and the once dark night sky was filled with a vibrant light.

Roosting at the peak of the mountain was incomprehensibly massive Phoenix. It was more radiant and fantastic then words could ever describe. It's image was burned into his mind forever at first sight. A rumbling voice shook the mountain range as the bird opened it's beak.

"What mere mortal would come to my mountains spewing such nonsense and carrying an item of such dishonor! Who would dare insult me so? Speak quickly or else I shall reduce you to nothing! For I am The Phoenix!"

The voice of the deity knocked Simon off his feet and almost knocked the ring from his hand. Gathering the little courage he had left Simon yelled in reply "I am Simon! Son of many! Born child of a dead man! Adopted child and student of your ancient foe Kaminantium! Student of the master of speed and prodigy of the king of liars! Disowned child of Earl Baggons. I come to you with a bargain!" The Phoenix craned it's head to look down at Simon and laughed maliciously. "You boast many titles. Few worth boasting of. However your courage, or rather idiocy, has caught my attention. What do you a son of my long since bested foe want with me?" Simon now accustomed to the booming voice rose to his feet and stared into the eyes of the phoenix(something was actually rather painful considering how vibrant he was). "I came here for I believe we have a shared interest and we can help each other. You are proud and I am cursed. He who cursed me is he who has insulted your pride." Simon thew his arms wide and continued walking up the mountain trying to close the still immensely large gap between the two.

"What of it? I care little for your plight. This is your last chance to speak before I reduce you to dust." Simon swallowed hard and kept advancing. "I hold the power of the metallic demon who so long ago insulted you. I offer you the chance to destroy the power once and for all, not just the magic but the ring you greatly despise. All I ask in exchange is to wield the glorious flame that you so magnificently wield." "You offer me nothing. For I shall destroy you anyway. I see no reason to give you anything." That was it. Simon knew he had failed in persuading the great bird. There was nothing he could do now as the bird spread it's wings and took to the sky. "You have said your piece. Now it is time for your final judgement. You get what you deserve! Giga Crush!" From there everything went to hell as the giant phoenix unleashed a violent squall and brought down it's giant talon upon Simon who never had a prayer of dodging. The explosion was other wordily and leveled the mountain and caused the near by ones to crumble.

Believing it had slain Simon, the phoenix then flew up into the heavens not to be seen again for the longest time. However at the bottom of the massive crater where Simon's ashes accumulated something that never occurred before took place. The Phoenix Ring that Simon had carried with him as a bargaining tool stood untouched at the heart of Simon's ashes and suddenly melted. The flames trapped within so long ago spilled all over the ashes. The magic flames took hold and for the first time in history a human was born a new from their ashes as a phoenix does. Simon was alive again, but changed forever. He would soon discover his demon slayer magic had been completely destroyed by the phoenix however a new power had taken it's place. The phoenix's attempt to destroy him had instead resulted in Simon's baptism by fire(literally) and as the fire of the phoenix ring reacted to the baptized ashes it raised him as a new life form. He was now both phoenix and human in one.

Here begins the true story of Simon the Phoenix.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

[20:44:53] Kirahunter : also I like the sound of my own voice
    [20:44:59] Kirahunter : so I had to say something

Missions Completed

D- 6 (150 exp)
    C- 1 (50 exp)
    B- 1 (1,050 exp)
    A- 0
    S- 0

Total:1250

Character
    Primary Magic

Current date/time is 29th April 2024, 6:19 am