Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Who are you gonna call?

Kite Wilhelm
    Kite Wilhelm

Demon King

Demon King

Mythical VIP Status- Demon VIP Status- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- Dragon Slayer- A-Rank- Rich- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character Application Approved!- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Power Of Apocalypse
    Position : None
    Guild : Sabertooth
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 450,460

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Flame Demon Slayer
    Second Magic: NetherFlame Demon Slayer
    Third Magic:

Who are you gonna call? Empty Who are you gonna call?

Post by Kite Wilhelm 13th December 2021, 6:19 pm

It was midmorning in the town of Ace of Spades and the local slayer could once again be found on board his ship, Tailspin. He was a loyal member of Sabertooth and all but with the ship being fully fixed up, he truly felt at home and that wasn’t really a secret for anyone. Kite had made it a habit that every morning he would dedicate time in order to get some sort of training done in the day whether it would be some sort of magic related training or physical he would be diligent in this. This was often determined by where he was when he decided to train. Since Tailspin was parked in Ace of Spades he stayed inside and worked out in the Cargo bay where there was plenty of room to do so.

Turq was sleeping on the top of the ship so he didn’t see or hear the visitor approach the ship. Kite was in the middle of doing pull ups on the bar he had rigged to hang down from the catwalk when he heard the loud and repeated metallic “bang bang bang” on the metal ramp that was still pulled up from the night before. “You have a visitor at the door Kite” EDI would announce from intercoms on the ship. Looking at the viewfinder he would ask, “Why didn’t any proximity alarm go off?” Genuinely confused as to why it didn’t go off. “Turq is presently resting on the top of the ship so I didn't have it activated.” Kite would shake his head, “He is sleeping, not on guard duty. I finally got that web stuff off of the ship from the whole Pergrande rebellion thing.” EDI would give a slight chuckle, “It was funny to watch you clean it all up.” A glare would be given as a response before another set of knocks came from the other side of the ramp. “We will talk after I see what this is about.” Grabbing a shirt he would put it on before pushing the button to lower the ramp and open the airlock doors. It would hiss as it began to lower down with the airlock doors sliding open . The gentleman who had been knocking had backed up to give the ramp enough space to fully descend to the ground. “Would you be Kite Wihelm by chance?” Kite would keep his cross his arms looking at the man before him, “By chance. Who is asking?” He would gingerly walk up the ramp with a hand extended, “hello Mr.Wilhelm my name is Mathias and I have a job offer for you.” With a gesture with his arms he would invite him into Tailspin to sit and chat about it.

Kite would lead his uninvited guest up to gally where he would offer him a glass of water before sitting down at the head of the table to listen. “So what’s the job.” Kite would ask. After taking a sip of water he would answer, “There is this house that recently came into my possession. I would like to renovate it into a nice hotel and make a profit off of my acquisition. However none of the construction crews will go near it due to the house’s reputation of being haunted. The job is to go there to disprove these stories or even eliminate what’s haunting it.” Kite would let out a loud sigh, “I’m not a demon slayer anymore. The supernatural isn’t really something I dive into like I used to.” His magic could handle things but this wasn’t really interesting to him. The man would put 200,000 jewels on the table, “this would be the reward for your efforts.” Kite would see the money and think to himself. It was a decent offer and how hard could this really be? At thought would cross his mind. “Tell you what, let me see if I can get one person to join me on this. Give them the same offer as me and if you do I’ll accept regardless if they agree to it or not.” Kite would offer his hand to shake on it. Without hesitation Mathias would shake his hand in agreement right before giving Kite the address where he and the person he had in mind could go to claim the reward.

After letting the man leave his ship followed by a well deserved shower Kite would depart the ship to head into town, “EDI spin up the engines. When I get back we will take off.” Kite would make it down the ramp as EDI would respond, “Who are you getting.” Kite would smirk, “you’ll see, just be ready. Are you coming along Turq?” He would ask his dragon who was now awake. “I don’t think there is much I could do. I likely wouldn’t fit in the house. I’ll follow along just in case though.” Nodding the Dragon Emperor headed into town towards a familiar place where he was betting he would find the specific person he was lookingn for. Walking through the Red Dragon Inn’s main room he would approach the bar where the familiar brunette that had ventured with him to Pergrande City during the Symposium was going on. “Hey Vic,Is this seat taken?” He would ask Vic. After being given an answer he would take a seat next to her. Looking at the bartender he would raise a hand to get his attention and say,”My usual and whatever she is having on me please.” It was funny how this was familiar to how he recruited her for the patrol. Hopefully things would be less explosive this time around. “I got a pretty good gig lined up with a decent payout. You game for a job?”

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Who are you gonna call? Gvf4gD8
    Victoria Sheridan
    Victoria Sheridan

Alt Account- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Legal Guild Ace- Z-Rank- Y-Rank- X-Rank- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- EXP Grinder- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Limited Edition- Unknown Powerhouse- Unknown Legend- The Completionist- Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Sticking Around- Taskmaster- Halloween Social- Halloween job event participant - Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character Application Approved!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- Summer Special Participant- Player 
    Lineage : Shadows Of Anarchy
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Experience : 1,693,435

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Merces Letifer
    Second Magic: Combat Medic
    Third Magic:

Who are you gonna call? Empty Re: Who are you gonna call?

Post by Victoria Sheridan 14th December 2021, 2:08 am

-Inside Red Dragon Inn-

Wearing her white Steel Matron t-shirt and black skirt with white tennis shoes, Victoria sat in a seat at the bar drinking a Cherry Charge soda like she had started doing lately. She had not had any alcohol in awhile, not even a single Screwdriver or a single shot of tequila. She needed to save alcohol for festive occasions instead of taking a drink every time she felt like it. Victoria laughed to herself once she realized what she was thinking.

She could not believe that she was thinking such a thought.

Alcohol used to be her favorite drink, especially vodka. Albino Gander, Slatheron, even the very rare bottle of CEIL when nothing else was available... she used to drink vodka whenever she could get away with it, but lately she had not been drinking nearly as much of it. The last time in recent memory she had had an alcoholic drink was when she took some swigs from a bottle of vodka the day Kite met up with Kenna. That meeting was at least a few weeks ago, if not longer.

Lately Victoria had started drinking a lot of soda. In her case "a lot" meant at least three cans a day. Drinking soda at random times was more socially acceptable than a swig of vodka at random times and was somewhat healthier for her, so the brunette would drink soda for as long as she could get away with it. No one had complained about her new beverage of choice so far, so she was going to run with it until someone told her to stop.

After reviewing her new drink policy and confirming it Victoria silently went back to drinking her half-empty can of Cherry Charge while looking at the wall behind the bar. She was wondering what kind of job she should go looking for in a little while when someone walked into the inn and asked if the seat beside her had been claimed. Victoria looked at the newcomer and saw that it was Kite. She made eye contact with the taller male and spoke to him.

"Nah, Kite. The seat hasn't been claimed by anyone. At least as far as I know." Victoria said to him. After a short time he told her something that was of considerable interest to the ponytailed brunette. It sounded like he had something interesting in the works, a gig that he was asking if she had any interest in. He was in luck because Victoria was tired of doing menial jobs like book deliveries and ferrying her favorite client's relative between Capital Crocus and Sakuramori. Today she was up for something with higher stakes and a better payday.

"I might be interested, Kite. What kinda job are we talking about?" Victoria asked Kite. The question was asked mostly because she needed to know what gear she needed to grab before she set off on another adventure. At the bare minimum she would need to wear her Azure Armor and carry her backpack of supplies.

[Post Word Count: 510]
    [Victoria's Word Count: 510/11,000]

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Golden Lacrima is valid until 6/15/2022. Proof of purchase is here. The General Store: Page 38, Page 947
    Kite Wilhelm
    Kite Wilhelm

Demon King

Demon King

Mythical VIP Status- Demon VIP Status- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- Dragon Slayer- A-Rank- Rich- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character Application Approved!- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Kite Wilhelm 16th December 2021, 6:52 am

Kite would give Victoria a smile after eye contact was made between the two. She would answer his question if anyone was sitting in the seat next to her. Upon hearing her answer that the seat had not been claimed by anyone he would nod and take the seat as his own. He would listen to her answer regarding the little job that he had lined up and that she in fact may be interested in joining in. A smirk would come across his face when she asked what sort of job it was that he was referring to. “Alright. Good.” Before he could start on the details two cans of soda were placed in front of them by the barkeep. One being an identical can of Cherry Charge which Victoria had already been drinking and in front of Kite was a can of root beer. He didn’t prefer to drink drink when there was a job on the line and the way he saw it at least rootbeer had beer in the name. After nodding at the Barkeep he would return his eye contact back to Victoria as he started to explain the job. “I had a visitor at my ship this morning and he is the one that gave me the job.” He would crack open his root beer and take a sip before continuing with the details, “He seems to be a man of some wealth and purchased a house with the intent of remaking it into a hotel. However a detail that he was unaware of or overlooked was the house has a history of being haunted. It has made it impossible for him to get a crew in there to start the renovations.” A smirk would come across his face, “So he came to me due to my history as  Demon Slayer looking for help. The job is to go to the house and prove that the stories of it being haunted are just that. Stories. If there is anything in the house of course to take care of it but all in all seems like an easy job but the cherry on top is he is willing to pay 200,000K worth of jewels for it to get done. I mentioned I might have someone to help, that being you of course and he is willing to match that wage for you as well. This house never came across my radar back when I was a demon slayer so I don't know much about it and it's not as exciting as the Rebellion in Felidae City but could be interesting depending on what we find.” He would take another sip. “What do you say?”Kite would wait and answer any sort of questions that Victoria would have before she would accept. Kite would get up to head back to Tailspin to prepare for departure, “Alright awesome. The ship is parked where it was last time. I will leave it open so you can come right aboard. I will set up things on my end. See you shortly.”

After walking up the ramp for Tailspin he noticed that Turq had taken off and was flying around the perimeter of the town. He still wasn’t sure if his dragon friend was going to join them. After climbing the ramp to enter the cargo bay he was immediately greeted by EDI. “So how did it go?” Looking up at the viewfinder he would nod, “Victoria is going to come along for the job.” EDI would start the engines causing the ship to start vibrating, “Where are we heading?” she would ask so she could calculate where the ship would be going after takeoff. Kite held up a piece of paper. “The client gave me the coordinates on this. I will input them manually up in the cockpit and then prepare for the mission. As soon as Victoria gets here you can take off.” he would say as he proceeded to climb the stairs and take the catwalk to the correct bulkhead that would lead up to the foredeck hall that lead to the cockpit. After plugging in the coordinates he would go back into the hallway and climb down the ladder that lead to his sleeping quarters where he would change out of the casual clothing he had been wearing during his workout from earlier into his usual clothing when he went on jobs. Black slacks, sleeveless high neck shirt and the gloves that came up to his forearm. Belts were put in their specific places with a piece of fur lined fabric hanging from the belt around his waist. Once he was ready he would climb up the ladder and go back to the Cockpit to wait for Victoria’s arrival if she wasn’t already there before he finished getting ready. Whether she arrived before or after Kite finished getting ready she would be greeted by EDI voicing she was happy to see the brunette upon her arrival, “Welcome back to Tailspin Victoria I am glad to see Kite is making friends since he is return. Kite is up by the cockpit if you would like to head on up. We will be taking off very shortly.”

wc:868
    total wc: 1829

Victoria Sheridan
    Victoria Sheridan

Alt Account- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Legal Guild Ace- Z-Rank- Y-Rank- X-Rank- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- EXP Grinder- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Limited Edition- Unknown Powerhouse- Unknown Legend- The Completionist- Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Sticking Around- Taskmaster- Halloween Social- Halloween job event participant - Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character Application Approved!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- Summer Special Participant- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Victoria Sheridan 18th December 2021, 9:37 pm

Victoria listened to Kite lay out the job details for her and slowly drank from her can of Cherry Charge while occasionally making eye contact as he talked. As she listened the job got more and more interesting, but the most interesting part was the pay. 200,000 Jewels was quite an incentive to go see if the so-called "haunted house" the client wanted them to check out was really haunted or not. The work sounded interesting and the pay was really good; excitement and pay were two factors that influenced which jobs the brunette took.

This job checked both boxes.

"I'm interested in this job, Kite. Lemme go grab my gear and I'll be ready to go." Victoria expressed her interest in the job in no uncertain terms. Just like last time she would have to gear up before they traveled to the job site. Kite let her know where the ship would be and informed her that he would leave it open so that she did not have to give a password or do anything special to get on board. Victoria quietly set the can down and made eye contact with him again.

"OK, Kite. I'll be there as quickly as I can." Victoria told him. She did not want to keep him waiting too long because the duo needed to get moving as quickly as possible. She finished her can of Cherry Charge and stood up, took it to the appropriate waste receptacle, and threw it in, then left the inn to get everything she needed for the trip. She already had everything she needed in mind... it was only a matter of getting her hands on it.

-Aboard the Tailspin-

Wearing her Azure Armor over her white Steel Matron t-shirt and carrying the large-caliber handgun Hellsinger in its holster on her right hip plus Silver Dagger in its sheath on her left hip, Victoria had everything she needed to deal with the supernatural... if anything supernatural showed up. If it did, then she had two weapons that could hurt them. If not, her weapons could still reliably hurt whatever opposition they encountered.

Victoria had been to Haunted Castle, Haunted Guild, Silent Cemetery, Sombras Manor, and Lycan Woods on several different jobs. She had fought zombies, ghosts, werewolves, zombie dogs, and other supernatural threats on their home turf. She had even fought against demons summoned by a cult on at least two occasions. Every time she fought against them she had won, but she had better not get complacent. Victoria would need to take this job seriously because she was not the only one who would be going into a potentially dangerous situation... Kite would be risking his life too.

When Victoria boarded the Tailspin she received the greetings of EDI and learned from the helpful AI assistant where Kite was waiting. The brunette thanked EDI for the information and stated that she would go there right away. She had kept him waiting long enough and she did not want Kite to think she had lost interest in the job.

When she got to where Captain Kite was waiting she greeted the waiting mage.

"Hey Kite. Now that I'm geared up with everything I know I'll need and everything I think I need I'm ready to go when you are." Victoria greeted him. She had brought her Azure Armor and two weapons she knew could hurt both mundane and supernatural threats. As soon as Kite was ready to go the two would be flying off on another adventure.

[Post Word Count: 590]
    [Victoria's Word Count: 1,100/11,000]

Golden Lacrima is valid until 6/15/2022. Proof of purchase is here. The General Store: Page 38, Page 947
    Kite Wilhelm
    Kite Wilhelm

Demon King

Demon King

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Kite Wilhelm 23rd December 2021, 11:36 am

Kite watched Victoria sip more of her soda from the open can that she had when he had arrived as he explained what the job was and what was in it for her. He wasn’t entirely sure what made her interested in the job whether it be the nature of the job or the decent payday that was going to come from it. For the sake of not being wrong he happily assumed both. With her verbally confirming that she was interested in the job she would state that she needs to grab her gear for the mission. He would before stating that he would have the ship opened for her. After hearing her state that she would be there as quickly as she could he would nod, “That sounds good but you don’t gotta rush. We have plenty of time and the job isn’t going anywhere.” He would say as he followed out of the Inn holding the door open as she walked out. Before she would run off he would continue, “And I won’t be leaving without you so it’s all good. See you in a bit.”

On the ship while Victoria was getting her things Kite had already gotten himself prepared for the mission that was to come. He could hear EDI as she greeted Victoria back onto the ship and specified where she could find Kite, which was the cockpit. He was sitting in his seat on the right of the cockpit relaxing while waiting for her but would stand up seeing his new friend standing in his ship. He saw she was wearing her azure armor like the last time but this time she was already equipped with at least two weapons. He saw the dagger resting in its sheath on her left hip while there was a rather imposing looking hand cannon style weapon holstered on her right. Seeing the piece strapped to her hip reminded him of his trusty Rose. It had stopped working when he went into the Void, maybe after this mission he will work on a replacement for it. She greeted him first stating that she was ready to go now that she had gotten all of her needed equipment. “Awesome! Sounds like it’s time to go.” He would look at the viewfinder that was on the ceiling in the cockpit, “EDI take her up. Less than a second later the ship’s turbines would roar to life propelling the ship into the air before they turned so the turbines were facing towards the stern  causing the ship to begin flying following the flight path to the coordinates he input earlier.  

With the ship on route to where this haunted house is they would have some free time until they got there. “So since we got some time to kill, what would you say to getting an official tour of Tailspin?” He wasn’t sure how much of the ship she had explored when she was on board the last time but seeing as this was the second occasion that he had her on board for a mission it may not be a bad idea to show her around the ship and would answer any questions she would ask along the way. Especially if they continue to team up for jobs it wouldn’t be a bad idea. As he led Victoria out of the cockpit he would point out the cut out in the wall along the foredeck,  “these are the crew quarters, or at the least it was at one point.'' When he had gotten the ship he was part of a team. People and friends that he hadn’t seen in years, even before the two years of his removal from the world. Passing through the bulkhead he would lead her into the galley where there was a fully functional cooking area as well as a table in the middle. On the other side of the room across from the kitchen were two doors with the one on the right being a pantry and the left being the showers for the crew. “While you’re on board you can help yourself to anything in the kitchen. Even a few cans of cherry charge in the fridge if you care for some.” She has been in the cargo bay and seen the catwalk steps that lead to the foredeck and the galley so he was going to take her down the steps at the other end by the engine. Pointing down at the end of the hall they both could hear the humming of the main engine, “Down there is the engine room where the engine room is.” EDI would chime in, ”That’s where my core is located too. Making it the best part of the ship.” Kite would chuckle, “this is true. EDI keeps it all working.” With a hand gesture he would lead his guest down the stairs that lead to a part of the ship that Victoria likely never seen yet.

Once they hit the bottom of the stairs they would find themselves in a room roughly the size of the galley but configured differently. Just ahead of them was a small couch with a coffee table in front of it. To the right was another small table with chairs placed around it. “This is the lounge area and over there.” He would point to the left where there were two small hallways with a slide door each of walls, “that is the guest/ passenger area. You’re welcome to put your belongings there and make yourself at home.” He would begin to walk toward the second table with the chairs and point into the large room that took up most of the space. Inside the room dead center was a medical style chair. “This here is the med bay. Can treat most injuries here and have some medicines on hand if needed.” Once he was done he would lead her up the metal stair case until they reached the doorway that put them right back in the Cargo bay. “And that is the entire ship.  Hope the tour was somewhat enjoyable.”

Kite would spend the trip to the haunted house in the galley with a mug of tea and if Vic would join would converse if she wanted to talk otherwise he would relax in peace before the ship eventually landed. Once the ship had set down completely EDI would lower the cargo ramp for them to walk down. They would see that EDI landed the ship roughly 50 meters away from the house itself. “At least we have really good parking.” He would say jokingly to Vic. As they would get closer to the house he would try to really look it over. The house looked pretty ordinary from the outside but he could see why the client wanted to convert it into a hotel. It wasn’t as big as a mansion but it wasn’t too far off based on the number of windows he could see. “Let’s see what’s so bad about this house” he’d state as he put his hand on the door knob and gave it a jiggle. It was unlocked. “Guess they aren’t worried about anyone breaking into this haunted house.” Followed by a chuckle he’d turn the knob and push the door open. As he would walk in with her he’d make eye contact with her, “where do you think we should check first?” Once she would give him her answer the door would slam shut behind them echoing throughout the house. Kite would slowly turn towards the door with eyes slightly more widened. “So. Something is here. Great.” Had he still been the purgatory slayer he might have sensed it before they had entered the house. He was going to have to adjust to this being caught off guard by the supernatural.

WC:1310

Victoria Sheridan
    Victoria Sheridan

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Victoria Sheridan 24th December 2021, 1:45 am

Once Victoria accepted the offer of the tour she went on a whirlwind tour of the Tailspin with Captain Kite as her guide. He showed her the crew quarters on something called the foredeck... whatever that was. She gathered that Kite was using nautical terminology to name locations, but she had no idea what he was saying, so she just paid attention to what she was being told.

Over time Victoria learned that Tailspin had a fully equipped galley and a table where crew members could eat without having to take their food to their quarters to eat it. That was a pretty sweet addition to the ship. Victoria knew what a galley was from her time on board Captain Mercator's ship The Traveling Merchant, so she did not need a translation.

After the pair went down some stairs at the end of the hall Kite pointed the way to the loud engine room and told her that EDI monitored it around the clock to make sure nothing went wrong with it. After that he guided her to another room that had more than a passing resemblance to the galley, but there were a few key differences from the galley. Chief among them was an absence of kitchen equipment, but another key difference was the presence of a couch. In front of said couch was a coffee table where one could place books, magazines, iLac, or whatever on top. This room was the lounge.

On the left where two small sliding doors stood were a guest and passenger area that Victoria was given free reign to use as she wished. After pointing out where that was Kite pointed out a medical bay that was equipped to treat most common injuries and had a supply of various medicines on hand in case the injury was not serious enough to merit a full medical exam and treatment plan.

Once the tour had wrapped up Kite went on his way while Victoria went to the guest and passenger area to drop off her backpack. She doubted that she would need it or anything in it and it was cumbersome to wear on top of her Azure Armor. She then hung around the area and waited for the Tailspin to arrive at its destination.

When it finally arrived she felt the ship land. That was her cue to join up with Kite and begin their exploration of the so-called haunted house. She met him in the cargo bay and together the two Sabertooth mages disembarked from Tailspin and headed towards the house, which was roughly fifty meters away from them.

As the pair approached Victoria got a good look at the size of the house in question. It was a decent-sized structure that was fairly large, but it was not quite big enough to qualify as a mansion. No matter what its size was they were tasked with investigating it on behalf of the client and that was what they would do. Kite opened the door for them and he went in followed by the brunette.

-Inside the house-

Victoria had barely walked through the doorway when Kite asked her where they should begin their search. Victoria was about to respond when she suddenly seized up and fell to the floor, landing on her back where the armor cushioned her. The brunette lay on the floor for a few moments and began to think, something that she did from time to time.

Why was she here?

Then Victoria felt a dark impulse, one that made her clench her teeth in anger.

Victoria slowly sat up on her own and stood up on shaky feet before they became steady. She looked at Kite and felt a sudden dislike for the guy. She looked at him and glared angrily.

He was here to use her just like everyone else in Sabertooth did.

Everyone in the guild thought she was a joke, an alcoholic, and an alcoholic joke until they needed some extra muscle to go with them on a job. Then they came running to her for help. They came running to the very person they made fun of.

Victoria hated being used by everyone in Sabertooth. This guy was no different. He just wanted a meatshield to protect him while he did all the important stuff, then took all the credit for the successful job. If she did not watch him he would take all the pay and leave her with nothing.

She was not going to stand for that.

"How should I know where to go? I've never been to this place before!" Victoria fumed at the guy. How in Ishgar was she supposed to know where to go first? Victoria continued to glare at the guy before closing her eyes and turning away from him in a huff.

"I guess someone's gotta get us going, so we'd better find the previous owner's room. That's where I say we start looking." Victoria suggested in a snide tone that suggested the guy she was with was dumb for not thinking of that. It was not rocket science. That was the place where any valuables would be stored, so they should go there.

"If it makes you feel any better, I'll lead the way. Just point me to where we're going. The dumb meatshield will be between you and the big bad threats." Victoria snarked at Kite. Suddenly the door slammed shut behind them.

"It was just the wind, man. Don't tell me you're afraid of the wind. C'mon and pick a direction already!" Victoria urged Kite to hurry up and make up his mind as to where they should start going.

[Post Word Count: 946]
    [Victoria's Word Count: 2,046/11,000]

Kite Wilhelm
    Kite Wilhelm

Demon King

Demon King

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Kite Wilhelm 31st December 2021, 1:36 am

Standing outside of the house all was pretty quiet and calm however that was definitely part of the deception that this house presented. Without his previous slayer powers he would be completely unaware of any sort of presence inside the house waiting for them. He led them into the house and would subsequently lead Victoria into something less than ideal.

Kite would ask Victoria where she thought would be a good place to start their search for this alleged haunted presence. Instead of a response to the question he would hear a rather loud thud instead. He had been scanning the foyer making sure nothing was going to jump out and say “boo” so he had not noticed her seizing up or falling back but the instant he heard her hit the ground he was turned around, “Woah hey!” He said to her as he took a big step towards her and was crouching down next to her. In the moments that she was laying on the ground he started to look her over looking to see if she was injured. From what he could tell her armor had taken no damage and there was no smell of blood so from what he could tell she wasn’t hurt. “Vic, are you okay? What happened?” He would ask as she started to sit up. He has his hands at the ready to help her as she shakily got to her feet but When he saw the look she was giving him he thought it better to let her get up on her own.

When she was up she would answer his question but there was a significant difference in her tone of voice from what he had grown used to. Almost as if she were yelling at him she asked him how she was supposed to know where to go and that she hasn’t been here before. He was thinking up a response but she turned away from him with a small huff. What did he do to bring about her anger? As far as he knew he didn’t let loose any sort of traps and she didn’t seem to be hit by anything. In a berating tone she gave her thoughts on the matter stating that since someone should get them started her “suggestion” was the owners room. Kite’s eyes narrowed now as he started to really observe what he was seeing and hearing from his friend here. Could she be….maybe” he would think to himself. He had been around the block with demons and had seen when someone was either being possessed or influenced by an outside force. Unfortunately he lacked the means to sense it to verify nor did his magic give him the abilities to cause any exorcism so he would not jump the gun on stating it as fact but he would keep note.

His concentration was broken when Vic made mention that if it made him feel better that she would act as a meat shield for him in face of big threats. “Yeah no, I don’t want you in harms way on my account.” He looked back to the door and was going to suggest they take a step outside and had a nice excuse in mind to help convince her to do so but the doors slammed shut all but confirming that the house did have some sort of hauntedness to it. After making his unhappiness known she would nearly mock him for being afraid of the wind and demand him pick a direction. He was starting to get weary of this new attitude of hers but would hold his tongue on thar matter, “I doubt the wind. Heavy doors like that would need a good gust and there was none. We will be getting our money’s worth on this one.”

Kite would start to walk the rest of the way through the foyer until he reached another door at the other end of it. If it came down to did Kite would try to blow their way out of the house but for now it was about the job so that was what they were going to do. Opening the door he lead the way into a large spacious room to the right of them was a large staircase that circled up into the upper floor, straight ahead of them was a door that led into another room of the house and on the opposite wall to the right of the staircase was another door. If that all this room had to offer there would be no issues but this main room here had a very peculiar set of decorations. There were old pictures on the wall and things such as brass candle holders with half lit candles secured in them. Oh and of course the bodies that were scattered about the room.

Seeing the closest body Kite walked over to it in order to crouch down and look it over. The smell of the other bodies in the room made it hard for him to use that scent to investigate the body he chose to investigate but luckily he had very sharp other senses. The skin was not yet starting to show visible signs of decay but most of the pigments in the skin had all but faded away. Last thing he would do was test to see how stiff the body was and unsurprisingly rigor mortis had long set in. The body wasn’t super old but far from a fresh death. “Can’t tell what did him in but he is a recent kill.” He would look at Victoria and then nod over to the stairs “The master’s room is probably at the top of these stairs.” He would stand up right and make his way over to them looking to lead the way looking to eliminate the idea of her being a meat shield from the equation. “We better be careful going up. Not sure what sort of traps are about lying in wait for us.”

Victoria Sheridan
    Victoria Sheridan

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Victoria Sheridan 3rd January 2022, 12:32 am

Victoria frowned when Kite made his observation about the wind. Her earlier remark was meant to be sarcastic, but the obvious sarcasm had obviously sailed over his head. She did not have a whole lot to work with and her work was going to be cut out for her. In addition to her being the designated meatshield she might have to be the brains of this operation too. Things had to reach a pretty bad point for the brunette to have to be the brains of an operation.

Without further prompting Kite took the lead and the brunette obligingly fell into step behind him. It was nice to see someone else take the initiative for once instead of her having to always take the lead. Victoria continued to frown as Kite led the way to wherever it was that they were going. It certainly took him long enough to get moving.

Victoria silently followed him as they walked through the foyer of the house and soon entered a large room with a staircase. That staircase was designed to give the impression of spiraling upwards, something that was an interesting design touch but not something that would help the Sabertooth duo confirm or debunk the belief that this place was haunted. The doors to this place being closed so suddenly after their arrival was obviously not the work of the wind, but that was not enough proof to confirm that the place was haunted beyond a reasonable doubt.

The frowning brunette followed The Great Detective Kite after he spotted a body that was lying on the floor. Victoria was not particularly upset by the body. She had been around death before... Hell, she had even caused death many times in the past. For example, a demon-worshiping cult calling itself Zupazu's Executioners had come after her with the intent of sacrificing her on an altar to their demonic patron and she had killed any of its members who tried to capture her, which was a good many of them. She had killed so many members of that demon cult that she had lost count of how many of them she had given lead poisoning.

Speaking of death, there were bodies in the room. A LOT of bodies. Victoria frowned when she saw them all.

"There's so many bodies in here. That must be the new decorating trend for deserted homes out in the middle of Backwoods, Nowhere." Victoria snarked as her nose was attacked by the unmistakable odor of decaying flesh. This place could really use some of those little air freshener trees. On second thought, this place could use a whole forest of them.

Pushing that thought aside, she calmly watched as Kite bent down to examine the body he had found and made some sage observations on its condition. One of them was that the dead person had not been there very long. Victoria rolled her eyes so hard that Kite could probably hear it.

"It's pretty obvious that he's a fairly recent addition to the room, Detective Kite. While he might not have been there for very long, he's not in any shape to get up and dance any time soon." Victoria snarked. She then drew Hellsinger and held it up with her right hand.

"And if he does get up to dance for us, I'll blast him until he's dead. Again. Spirits can't handle this hand cannon." Victoria remarked dryly, waving Hellsinger towards the dead guy for effect. After that Kite motioned towards the stairs and suggested that the room belonging to the guy who used to own this place might be at the top of the stairs. He then started walking towards the stairs and took the lead without any prompting from the brunette.

"Taking the lead again? What a gentleman!" Victoria remarked sarcastically to Kite taking the initiative a second time. She followed behind him with Hellsinger at the ready while watching to make sure that the bodies on the floor did not get up and try to attack them. If the corpses tried to attack the Sabertooth duo Victoria was ready to put them back on the ground with a headshot from Hellsinger. She was sure that Kite had some tricks of his own to send the dead back to the afterlife if they chose to get up and pursue the two mages.

[Post Word Count: 728]
    [Victoria's Word Count: 2,774/11,000]

Current date/time is 24th January 2022, 9:31 am