• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Who Left This Mess Here?

Cillian duCrosse
    Cillian duCrosse

Player 
    Lineage : Reaper's Touch
    Position : None
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 4,262

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Necrothurgy
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Who Left This Mess Here? Empty Who Left This Mess Here?

Post by Cillian duCrosse on 7th September 2019, 3:49 pm

Even though my life hasn't been all that great

639/639 WORDS

@Deleronark

THEME SONG

I have seen war, famine; witnessed the genocide. Have seen the changes in human nature and history, and I am still here, standing alone. Til the end, I will be there too. To witness the endless carnage, to live this harsh reality. Cause I have been cursed, Cursed with immortality.
    There were a number of oddities that came with being an undead creature. The inability to die came in handy quite a number of times, though Cillian figured at some point eternity would start to get boring. His emotional senses were a bit dull, though whether that was a side effect from his connection to death magic or simply a byproduct of having spent so many hundreds of years wandering the earth and becoming desensitized to it was anyone's guess.

Probably the weirdest thing, however, was the connection he had to the spirits of the dead. If there was a corpse nearby, he could often sense it from the lingering attachment of its former soul, particularly if they had just recently died. Because of this, he often found himself stumbling into quite a few concerning and peculiar scenes, such as now. There was blood everywhere in the home of this one time millionaire. Cillian could only assume the man had pissed someone off, because this had clearly been a murder yet none of the man’s things were missing. Nothing appeared to have been taken from the home itself, and the corpse was still adorned with jewels. Whoever had done this clearly hadn’t done it while trying to rob the guy. It had probably been personal.

Well, whatever. He didn’t really care too much about that. Instead what he was curious about was whether or not the man would make a decent enough zombie to join his summon party, so to speak. Cillian had used his magic to summon the man’s spirit to talk to him, but it was a fruitless task that had become a bit of a chore. The man was quite belligerent, and didn’t care about answering any of Cillian’s questions about whether or not he had any magic or skills that would prove worthwhile. The only thing he kept going on about was how he’d been killed, how some man or woman in a mask and nondescript armor had snuck into his home and murdered him in the place he should have been the most secure.

Eventually, Cillian sighed. “Yeah, I don’t think this is gonna work out. Thanks anyway, I guess. Rest in peace or whatever. Say hi to Death for me on your way back.” The ghost tried to protest, vehement on having someone solve the crime that was his untimely death, but unfortunately Cillian wasn’t exactly the type of person to spend that kind of energy or empathy. With the wave of a hand, the spirit disappeared and returned to the afterlife.

Blowing air comically out of his mouth and causing his lips to flap together in a dramatic pfff sound, he looked around. This certainly was quite the mess. Whoever had done this really hadn’t done much to clean up after themselves. There were even footprints on the marble flooring through the puddles of blood, with a trail leading toward the window where the culprit had fled. “Well that’s just sloppy,” he commented to himself. Still, if the murder victim had been as annoying alive as he’d been just now as a ghost, Cillian wasn’t really surprised that he’d gotten killed.

With a shrug, he wandered around the home until he’d located the cleaning supplies. Slipping on a pair of rubber gloves, he snatched a bucket, some bleach, and a bunch of towels. Before long, he was scrubbing down all the blood from the floor and the walls, cleaning and straightening furniture, even wiping fingerprints off of things that he’d found. This criminal, whoever he was, had done a service to the rest of the world as far as Cillian was currently concerned so he didn’t really see why he couldn’t give them a little extra security on their job well done.
    I figure that if I live long enough, something good might happen.

Last edited by Cillian duCrosse on 14th November 2019, 11:49 am; edited 1 time in total

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Esper
    Esper

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Halloween Social - Character Application Approved!- Magic Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Motor City Rush- Summer Special Participant- Player 
    Lineage : Descendant of Atlantis
    Guild : Hidden Blades
    Experience : 14,156

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Ocular Requip
    Second Magic: Definitely Phenomenal Completely Cosmic Takeover
    Third Magic:

Who Left This Mess Here? Empty Re: Who Left This Mess Here?

Post by Esper on 30th October 2019, 4:15 am

What luck that two very old beings would be brought together this day!

The wealthy man in this home had apparently tried to hire some protection with all that money, which ultimately ended with it being brought to the Hidden Blades table. As the uniformed combat director crouched outside a window and peered in, it was clear that by the time the request was processed and someone was dispatched, it was too late. There was a man inside right now, but Esper was no dummy. The state of the place and the amount of time the blood had to coagulate meant it'd been a little while, plus the bloody footprints leading to the window the assassin thankfully wasn't currently peering through clearly belonged to the murderer. There was no blood on the hunky piece of man milling about the body, seemingly talking to it before deciding to clean up the scene. Strange. Was he the cleaner sent to fix this mess by an unknowing rival assassin's guild? Or was this wanderer just a clean freak?

Time to find out. Utilizing all the perks of the uniforms and disguise rings provided by the guild, Esper made an expertly silent entry. As long as she didn't make any noise and he didn't just happen to turn and look at her, she was undetectable. Her scent was scrubbed away, as were any identifying factors aside being female, which wasn't really the case in truth, now was it? She approached around a corner, watching him closely as he cleaned up all the evidence. "Wow, what a superb job!" Esper exclaimed in the hideous disguised voice that robbed her of all her sultry charms, revealing herself at last. She leaned against one of the walls, arms crossed. Now that she was a director, her uniform was a bit different than the standard issued ones to unclassifieds and the underlings in the departments, not that he'd know that. She stood there in black from head to toe , enjoying a bit of style with the embroidered designs and the bird at her bust. Her face was entirely covered by a black mask and blue visor, head shadowed by the hood of a short cloak. It was nice having a little bit of her individuality back, even if it did continue to rob her of her most useful skills and hid her beauty from eyes that deserved to be blessed!

"Tell me, stud~, are you the cleaner dispatched to fix this hack job? Just a good samaritan with a quirky idea of fun? What's your story~?" Esper wanted to know, her words purring though she wasn't sure if it conveyed through the mask or not. It didn't matter what uniform she wore, she'd still hate it.

[wc: 458]

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Who Left This Mess Here? IrisSig
    Cillian duCrosse
    Cillian duCrosse

Player 
    Lineage : Reaper's Touch
    Experience : 4,262

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Necrothurgy
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Cillian duCrosse on 14th November 2019, 12:48 pm

Even though my life hasn't been all that great

511/1150 WORDS

@Esper

THEME SONG

I have seen war, famine; witnessed the genocide. Have seen the changes in human nature and history, and I am still here, standing alone. Til the end, I will be there too. To witness the endless carnage, to live this harsh reality. Cause I have been cursed, Cursed with immortality.
    Not really being the most observant of fellows to begin with, Cillian was completely unaware of the fact that someone else had managed to sneak into the room with him. He simply went about his work, humming to himself in a carefree manner as he poured a bit of bleach into a bucket. When the woman spoke to reveal herself, however, he did not jump or freak out like most people would have in that situation. Slowly, almost lazily, the lanky man turned at looked up at the uniformed woman against the wall with a surprised blink. Whoever she was, she was covered from head to toe, her voice disguised through the mask over her face. The only indication he even had that she was, in fact, a woman was that her outfit was a bit tight and it was difficult to miss the bust on her chest.

Cillian stood up straight, propping himself on the mop in his hand and regarding the mysterious figure with his full attention. He gave her a disarmingly easy smile. “Well, thank you!” was the reply to her compliment at his efforts to clean the place up. He didn’t appear to be alarmed by her presence at all, mostly because there wasn’t a whole lot that alarmed Cillian anymore. Besides, she’d given him praise and it would be rude to ignore it. Who was this woman, though? Was she with the Rune Knights? No, the outfit wasn’t right. Maybe she was one of the people who had been involved with killing this man?

That was his running theory, at least until she asked him a couple questions that threw him off track. If she was part of whatever group that had dispatched this guy, she surely would know that he wasn’t sent there to clean up after the event. Then again, she could just be asking the question to throw him off her own scent. Oh, this was exciting! His smile stretched into a grin. “Well, I certainly do have some rather odd ideas of fun,” he admitted. “As for everything else, I guess it depends on who’s asking. While I’m not too worried about your intentions here one way or another, I like to have an idea of exactly how much trouble I’m going to be in before I actually get into it.”

With that, he turned and went back to cleaning, dunking his mop in the bleach solution and proceeding to sanitize the floor. “There’s some alcohol on the shelf there if you’re so inclined. This guy certainly isn’t going to need it anymore. Just do me a favor and keep your gloves on so I have less to clean.” Cillian nodded to a crystal decanter on a bookshelf that contained an amber colored liquor of some kind. Set beside it were a set of matching, stemless crystal glasses and an enchanted ice box that kept the ice inside from melting before it could be put in a glass.    
    I figure that if I live long enough, something good might happen.

Esper
    Esper

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Halloween Social - Character Application Approved!- Magic Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Motor City Rush- Summer Special Participant- Player 
    Lineage : Descendant of Atlantis
    Guild : Hidden Blades
    Experience : 14,156

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Ocular Requip
    Second Magic: Definitely Phenomenal Completely Cosmic Takeover
    Third Magic:

Post by Esper on 1st December 2019, 6:51 am

Though he couldn't see it, slender violet brows lifted in interest at the mention of the deceased man's alcohol. He was quite right that he had no need for it anymore, and there was hardly a time that Esper would turn down a drink. Perhaps she'd drink in his honor, a sort of farewell and her own version of payment for coming all the way out here for no reason. No living man to protect means no payment otherwise, eh?

He mentioned fingerprints, to which Esper wiggled her lithe fingers covered in black fabric. "Mmm, I can't take them off anyway. Not while I'm working, though admittedly it seems I don't have a job to do here anymore~" she chuckled, turning her back to him. Using the standard-issue disguise ring, she morphed her head from the typical uniform mask to a human head, though it wasn't her favored face she was wearing. Between the tech and enchantments, Hidden Blades enjoyed a variety of ways to keep their employees completely hidden, so that somehow she could drink without removing her mask. Short, black hair grazed the nape of her porcelain neck , though the rest of her remained in her assassin's gear. Luminous eyes of peridot shifted from the crystal decanter over to the rich man's surprisingly developed collection, housed on some shelves behind an exquisitely carved set of doors. These were all expensive, yes, but she could tell they weren't simply bought as a pricy status symbol with no other consideration. This man, despite his general ugliness, had an impressive sense of taste. One that the cleaner and Esper would hopefully enjoy from those sparking tumblers. Make no mistake, the assassin had every intention of taking every last bottle with her when she left this mansion.

Fetching the set and some ice, she poured them both a nice drink. Perching her perky bottom up on the desk, she crossed her legs and began to sip as comfortably as if she had been in a lounge. The mysterious cleaner's glass was held out to him whenever he approached. "Now, as for trouble, you aren't in any with me," the ace informed him with a grin, swirling the frozen sphere in her glass, "I don't have any intention of getting you in any trouble... at least, not the kind you're probably thinking of. I could attack you, I guess, but it'd be in the fun way~ We do have the house all to ourselves..." she trailed suggestively, making no move to hide her lustful glance over him. However, she did seem to catch herself and reel it back in, getting back to the point at hand. Darn professionalism. It ruined all the good times she could have while working. "I simply noticed you are one of the best cleaners I've ever seen. If you aren't employed by anyone, I believe I know just the place for you. It's not my department, but I absolutely can't pass up beautiful talent when I see it, now can I? Especially when you are just doing this for fun and not because whoever killed this guy before I could get here did a rush job."

[wc: 529 || Total: 987]

Who Left This Mess Here? IrisSig

Current date/time is 12th December 2019, 7:07 pm