Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick)

Godlike Frederik
    Godlike Frederik
    The Forsaken

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- 11 Sinner- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Apex of Darkness
    Position : None
    Guild : Errings Rising
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 258,417

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Plague Craft
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Empty Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick)

Post by Godlike Frederik 14th June 2013, 2:09 pm

Title: The Desert!
    Player Requirements: 15 posts minimum, 50 posts maximum (450 words a post) [Now you must be B-rank to participate]
    Requirements: Search for the Merchant's believed to be dead crew, and the treasure he was searching for.
    Keep the Merchant alive.
    Client Location: Desert village
    Mission location: Forgotten Desert. 
    Description: Sandstorms have been appearing frequently, revealing lost treasure amongst the valleys of domes; attracting treasure hunters of all sorts. A traveling merchant was walking through the Forgotten Desert with a small team of treasure hunters hoping to find something buried amongst the ruins. A sandstorm arose around the merchant's group and they became under attack. The merchant's team was slaughtered; where as he managed to escape. He spent days in the desert, lost, until finally he came across other travelers and hitched a ride to the nearest village. Once in the village, the merchant was rushed to the hospital where a stinger was found embedded into his spine. The stinger was that of a scorpions', and he was given antitoxin. The merchant, now said to be hysterical from being in the sun too long and poison from a scorpion, is trying to get people's attention about the monsters hiding in the sandstorms in the streets of the village. He also mentions about a valuable treasure amongst the ruins where his group was allegedly attacked; and is willing to pay for anyone to help him go reclaim it as long as they are understanding the stakes.
    Encounter able Enemies while on your way to the location: Rattle Snakes. Scorpions. Tarantulas. Cactoids. (<= Weak) Thieves/Bandits (Normal) and Sand whales. (Strong) 
    Enemies at mission location: (Depending on the monster die you roll)
    Weak monsters: Scorpions.
    Normal Monsters: Basilisks.
    Strong Monsters: Giant Scorpions.
    Boss: Chimera - a legendary creature and lord of the desert. It's body consists of the body and head lion, the head of a goat, and the head and body of a serpent for a tail. Do not underestimate this beast under all costs, for it's poisonous tail is enough to kill even the most durable light mages, and it's claws and fangs are strong enough to crush bones with ease. This creature's presence is said to bring abnormal heat waves in the already blistering hot desert, as well as vicious sandstorms. 
    Rewards: The merchant can't pay you for he has lost his caravan in the sandstorm. He can however appeal the appraisal of lost items in the dessert that can range from Rusted Strong items (Takes 5,000 jewels to repair rusted items), to treasure each valuing 2000-3000 Jewels when sold. Some Items however can be worth nothing as they are either too rusted to be recognized, and or they are not valuable.
    Roll the normal dice when you wish to find an Item: Each player can only carry 3 items only. Players can only roll 4 Times, never all at once. They must each be seperate; seperated by at least 4 posts.
    1- 2000 jewel treasure
    2- 2500
    3- 0 Jewels
    4- 4000
    5- 3000
    6- Strong Item

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Godlike Frederik
    Godlike Frederik
    The Forsaken

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- 11 Sinner- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Empty Re: Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick)

Post by Godlike Frederik 14th June 2013, 11:47 pm

The camera glided over several desert dunes until it reached the back of a man covered entirely in black. Upon a sand dune looking over the Desert Village, clothed in a cloak with a hood that hid almost his entire face stood Lord Frederick. The Keeper of the darkest of guilds Savage Skull had come to this village in pursuit of yet another artifact. Words had reached him of a merchant that spoke treasure in the desert with among them artifact that holds a power yet unknown. So the merchant was shouting in the streets of the Desert Village trying to get anyone who wants to believe him to look for his dead crew and retrieve the treasure.

Frederick looked behind him, and saw that all of the six men he had took with him were accounted for. Wearing a light leather armor that was painted black, an wise choice to move freely around in the sand of the desert. It probably was a good choice of Frederick to take these foot soldiers with him, usually he would take his own personal guard with him but most of them had died in the recent events that took place in Magonlia a couple of weeks ago.
    Frederick grabbed his side with his arm when flashes of that battle came back to him and on how he endured an humiliating defeat. A defeat that left him broken and wounded, wounded enough to still feel it so now and then. Being not fully recovered yet was annoying, but his physical wounds weren't the ones that caused him the lingering agony. It were the words the two dragon slayers spoke to him, words that kept burning in his head after the battle. It haunted him by the fact that those mere words had reached him, and started to mess with his resolve.
    So when he heard that there was something for him to do he jumped to the occasion, hoping that it would set his mind on the right track again.

'Keeper? Are you all right?'
    Annoyed that his men had noticed his wavering he quickly regained his posture and stood up straight. He mustn't let his men know that the leaders of Savage Skull were having troubles with the aftermath of the battle as well, after all the guild had one main unwritten rule. And that was the rule of the strongest, anyone in the guild was waiting for an opportunity to climb higher in the ranks. And now after the loss of so many that ambition was burning even harder with some.
    'Yes, nothing I can't handle. Now let us find that merchant shall we'

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Godlike Frederik
    Godlike Frederik
    The Forsaken

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Empty Re: Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick)

Post by Godlike Frederik 16th June 2013, 12:10 pm

The vast market stalls in the streets and the white stone buildings gave the Desert Village that certain arabian vibe we know of so many movies. The stalls filled with colorful rugs, exotic fruits or symbolic painted pots while the people wore a variety of long or short garments. Which where decorated with playful patterns along the edges. No unlike the guards of this town, whom dressed a bit more plain and wore a tagelmust. A piece of cloth that was wrapped around their heads. All of them wearing a scimitar at their side.
    But Frederick didn't came here to admire the cultural difference it has with the rest of Fiore. He came here for the merchant that wanted someone to locate his dead crew and lost treasure. Normally Frederick would ignore these kind of information that came passed his desk. But not this time, this time it caught his attention. Among the description of the treasure was also an artifact. Matching a description that Frederick read somewhere in a book. A bronze chalice with red rubies placed on it that holds the power to see the other side if you drank from it. And that was the reason why he wanted it, and if he had to locate that man's dead crew to get it, that was then a small price to pay.

It didn't take long to find the merchant, besides the fact that he was pleading and shouting at the local market square to have people look for his wares and crew, he was also westerner. Wearing the more wealthier aristocrat type of clothing you saw a lot with the elite in those parts of Fiore.
    The merchant noticed Frederick and his men wandering towards him and he immediately took that chance to start asking them. He didn't even gave Frederick the chance to introduce himself, he was already waving and shouting at him. He probably saw that Frederick and his men were not from around here. Which was quite obvious off course, A hooded black appearance accompanied by six men were easily noticeable.
    'HEEY you there! Yeah you! I need to ask you something!!'
    'Calm down.. we were actually looking for you, we've heard that you had some problems with your crew and wares in the desert a while ago. And we've come here to help. My name is Lord Frederick'
    Frederick was in luck, he spoke the words here to help almost hesitating. But the merchant was to happy that someone was here to help in and in his excitement  he didn't noticed it.

Godlike Frederik
    Godlike Frederik
    The Forsaken

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Godlike Frederik 18th June 2013, 12:31 am

'OOH Thank you kindly sir! You have no idea how long I have tried to get peoples attention' The merchant was filled with joy and gratitude in his voice while his eyes started to get wet. Like he could almost burst out in tears from the sudden offered help.
    'My name.. is .. is... Bruno...'
    His sentences were constantly interrupted by sniffing, he could barely hold himself to not cry at Frederick's feet. Frederick tought that the man was really trying to find help for a long time, but he didn't want to waste to much time with this sobbing man.

'By the Gods, we don't have all day.'
    'Yes, you are right Lord Frederick. I will get to it right away'
    The merchant pulled out a map, with a red circle on it that marked the location of where he had lost his men and cargo. Frederick studied the map for a little while, it was clear that the people here still hadn't fully charted the entire desert. Seeing that the map had great detailed spots and parts that was just a big empty spot with the words 'unkown desert' written on it. 
    The merchant started to speak again, probably he couldn't handle the sudden silence from Frederick.
    'Ehm.. so I guess I have to tell you what I want you to do right'
    'That would be wise, yes.'
    'Well, it isn't as much as for the treasure and cargo that I was transporting. Although those are important. But it is about the men I lost, I still need to tell their families what happened but I can't return empty handed. So what I ask of you and your companions is that you can retrieve some of the personal stuff my men had with them. And as much of the treasure you can find. So that I can use that as an compensation for their families'
    'And my compensastion?'
    'Ah yes as for yours, you can have something from the treasure as well, so if you have brought it back to me I let you choose anything you want. You probably can sell it for a nice price.'

Frederick was pleased to hear this, this meant that he could take the artifact he was looking for without any complaints.
    'Agreed, although there is only one thing among your treasury that I have interest in. And just to make sure you have it I have to ask you. Among your treasure was there a bronze chalice with rubies put in the edges. And an angelic figurine on the handle?'
    He carefuly observed Bruno the merchant, trying to spot any lie. If he even thought of doing that, Frederick actually even doubted that his man was going to lie about this. He would probably tell him the truth concerning if he had it once in his possesion or not.

Godlike Frederik
    Godlike Frederik
    The Forsaken

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Godlike Frederik 18th June 2013, 1:34 am

The man's eyes got big and a smile appeared on his face. Happy that he had what Frederick wanted, meaning that Frederick was going to fullfil his request no matter what.
    'Yes! Yes!, I do had that with me, I thought it wasn't that much worth. All the other treasure were gold items and sapphires you know.'
    'It is not it's worth that interests me, but the power that it probably holds.'
    'Ehm.. okay, well not that it has anything to do with me. But if you want that you can take that as well. As long as some other items that are worth money'
    Frederick nodded towards the man as sign they he was okay with all this and as a form of appreciation.
    'Well then.. me and my man are off then. I see you in a couple of days'
    'Allright see you then, also if you wait at the gate I will someone bring you some supplies for the journey'
    With that the smiling merchant turned around and walked away. And Frederick and his men walked back to the gate through the busy village streets.

While waiting at the gate some of Frederick's men tried to entertain themselves by playing some game involving dice. Trying to guess the amount of eyes from a side on all the dices in the game. The ones that weren't playing were just leaning against the wall observing the game and meddle in the decisions of the players. Frederick himself was also leaning against the wall, but was only observing the people that wandered through the gate. He saw a lot of merchants all from different cultures, or people that live just outside the village who were trying to sell their own crops or something else. It looked quite busy, it probably was because of the fact the Desert Village was the closest village in the desert to the rest of Fiore. Making it a trading place for the different tribes that lived between the sand and the city folks from Fiore as well.
    Then some shouting was to be heard, that was headed their direction. Frederick and his men looked up and saw two young boys carrying sack and waterbags.
    'Lord Frederick! Lord Frederick! We have your supplies!
    The first boy dropped everything he had on the ground, but got immediatly smacked on the head by the kid that followed him. Whom looked a little older.
    'Think about your manners! You are talking to a lord remember!'
    The older boy turned towards Frederick and made a gracious bow. The younger one quickly made a clumsy bow as well.
    'Forgive my little brothers rudeness, he has never seen a lord before. But we've have brought your supplies just as Bruno asked us to do.'
    Frederick appreciated this boys attitude, something you didn't see a lot. 
    'Hmm boy, are you perhaps a student of Bruno the merchant?'
    'Yes, I am sir.'
    'Ah great, well he has teached you good manners and you know how to adress people who are of higher origin then yourself. Don't ever forget that, and you will climb higher on the social ladder and evetually claim your place in this world'
    He handed the boys a few silver jewels, as a payment for their troubles. And told his man to grab the sacks with food and the waterbags.
    'Well then, we should be on our way now.'

Godlike Frederik
    Godlike Frederik
    The Forsaken

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Godlike Frederik 18th June 2013, 2:15 am

The Forgotten Desert was known for it's scorching heat and the endless sand that went on and on to the horizon. And were Frederick and his men were headed had even worse weather phenomenons. The Valley of Domes, a place among the sand were once stood a mighty civilization. But now nothing more then mere pillars and obelisks. The valley was known for it's bilstering sandstorms, and unatural heat. Luckiy Frederick and his men were prepared for this, Frederick had his cloak to cover himself in as a protection against the sandstorms. And his men had found white cloths among the provisions that also offered protection from the sun.

But it was hot none the less, and even thought Bruno the merchant had generously had given them more then enough to sustain them. It didn't stop Frederick's men from complaining, everything was a bother to them. From every step they took it was the sand that got into their boots, and if they looked up they started to complain about the sun shining to bright. And if that wasn't enough someone had to ask why they didn't bought any camels or horses to ride on. Given the others a whole new thing to complain about.
    And Frederick hated the fact that he had to admit that the man was right, having an animal to ride on right now would be a lot better.
    'Keep it up and stop complaining! We all hate this godforsaken desert!'
    Frederick looked high up the sky while pulling his hood a little tighther to protect him form looking straigh into the sun. It appeared to be that the sun stood alreay low in the sky, suggesting that it was already late in the afternoon.
    'Hmm it probably gets dark soon, we better try to look for a place to set up camp.'
    Frederick could hear his man sighing out of relief, he didn't blame them. They had been walking for hours by now.
    After a little more walking the Savage Skull group found a few huge rocks sticking out of the sand. For Frederick this seemed the perfect place to set up camp, it gave them protection from the sun in the morning. And a sandstorm if that would occur while they were sleeping.
    'Allright men, set up camp. And look between the supplies, I think Bruno has a waterbag filled with some sort of local ale for us.'
    The men let out a short cheer, the idea of having a drink after a long walk like this made them happy. Frederick agreed with them, having a drink after walking in this heat all day did sound nice. So he put his bag against the rocks and started to lean against it, and open up the map he had with him. Studying it for tommorow.

Godlike Frederik
    Godlike Frederik
    The Forsaken

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Godlike Frederik 18th June 2013, 2:29 am

The evening went by and Frederick sat there silently watching his men enjoying the ale and food the merchant gave them. There was laughter and story telling, and plans on what they were going to do when they got back home.
    'I would be glad when I am back home, don't get me wrong. I am honored to be on this mission, but this heat man. It really gets to me!'
    'I feel ya, when we get back we'll have to rub the sand out of our cracks first whaha!'
    'Do you think we get something extra for doing this job?'
    After this question the rest of the group glared hopefuly at Frederick from out the corner of their eyes. Awaiting an answer for their illustrious keeper.
    An annoyed anime symbol appeared on the keeper's head and Frederick let out a huge sigh. While grabbing a waterbag.
    'Fine... I think some sort of bonus could be arranged.'
    Frederick's men cheered as a reply on hearing that answer, and immediatly started to think on what they were going to do with the extra money. 
    But while they were talking about buying new swords, armors or other ways to spend their money. There was something approaching them.

From out the darkness of the night several scorpions crawled towards the group, and they only noticed the creatures when they were right upon them after one of the man noticed a clicking sound near them and jumped up with a shout after that.
    A scorpion a big as a medium sized dog was standing next to him. Then it was when the other noticed that they were surrounded by a group of them.
    'Scorpions!!! grab your swords!!'
    Frederick reacted immediatly as well, he rushed up and swiped his arm aiming towards the five scorpions
    'Corrupted Explosion!!'
    Five explosions consisting out of dark magic occured in the same linear pattern as his arm swipe. Hitting some of the scorpions, or missing them. Their natural color made them look like they were one with the sand. And the nighttime didn't help very much as well.
    At least he got some of them backing up a little.
    His men had more succes, they didn't need to aim precise like his magic attacks. They had their sword which they slashed and stabbed the scorpions with. But their natural armor was also a hard exterior, and didn't recieve a lot of damage.
    The battle took on for a little while, until the scorpions figured out that their prey was way to much work. And slowly retreated by walking backwards, not losing Frederick and his men out of their sight. Until they dissappeared behind the nearest dune.
    Heavily panting, Frederick looked at his men.
    'I think... we have to put up a night sentry'
    His men nodded silently to agree with him.

Cool down:
    Corrupted Expolsion: 5 posts

Last edited by Lord Frederik on 18th June 2013, 3:08 am; edited 1 time in total

NPC
    NPC

Mentor : Admin

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by NPC 18th June 2013, 2:29 am

The member 'Lord Frederik' has done the following action : Dices roll

#1 'Monster Dice' :
    Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) WeakMonster

--------------------------------

#2 'Damage Dice' :
    Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Attack Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Miss Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Miss Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Miss Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Attack

#3 'Block Dice' :
    Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) FailedBlock Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Block Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Block Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Block Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Block
    Godlike Frederik
    Godlike Frederik
    The Forsaken

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Godlike Frederik 20th June 2013, 12:51 am

Frederick could see the first rays from the sun glimpsing over the desert dunes, and he sighed from relieve. Knowing that the night was over, Frederick looked over at the other side of their encampment. There stood one of the soldiers he had brought along, still standing firmly with his sword hanging at his side. It was almost admireable on how they kept their eyes open as they stood watch. Something Frederick wasn't used to, he never really had too unless he was alone. But at the guild they had the thugs and soldiers do it for them.
    'Hey, wake up the others. We better move now when it's still cooler.'
    His men nodded towards him and started to wake up the others. Whom got up while complaining about the lack of sleep. Each of them had to stand guard last night, so now they all decided to get a free pass to complain about everything.
    'Stop comlaining and shove some breakfest down your throat!!' sneered Frederick at them, who clearly was annoyed as well. His men complied immediatly, knowing that they didn't want to truly anger him.

After each of them had rolled up their blankets and stuffed some food inside their mouth, they resumed their journey towards the Valley of Domes. Unfortunaly for them and for Frederick the cool morning in the desert had quickly made place for the sufficating heat again. And so they marched on for several hours, no one saying a word. Until they reached some ruins that still partially sticked out of a sand dune.
    Frederick took a close look at his map and saw some resmblences with the ruin in front of him and a poorly drawn image of it. He quickly walked up the dune and he looked over what appears to be a valley. If you could even call it that, what he looked upon were obelisks and pillars and other remainders from an era long ago sticking out of the sand. The only reason why you even could call this a valley is because this area of the desert appears to lay lower then the rest. 
    But surrounded by dunes and the remainder of an ancient civilization gave it some mystical and forgotten vibe.

Before they continued Frederick decided to have a short rest at the current ruins, so that they could  on how they will look for the bodies and treasures. Even so they had reached their destination, it didn't meant that they would find the bodies right away. So during their short break Frederick decided the best course of action was to look at each and every ruin. If the merchant truly was looking for treasure, then the ruins would have the best odds on finding his men.

Godlike Frederik
    Godlike Frederik
    The Forsaken

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Godlike Frederik 23rd June 2013, 1:49 am

The search for the bodies in the valley proved to be equally difficult just as crossing the desert to get there. Not only was getting to each ruin or obelisk that stuck out of the sand a drag, but for some reason the heat in the valley was more intense then they had felt before. It seemed somehow unnatural.
    It was becoming really unsettling, and arriving at each new ruin only to find out that it isn't the one they needed didn't help either. 

The search went on, Frederick and his men dragging themselves through the sand. Until they started to search their seventh ruin. Where at first sight nothing was to be find.
    'Tch another bust! How the hell are we supposed to find those bodies and cargo?! This valley is endless!'
    'I don't know but I have to agree, this is an impossible task as well'
    Frederick looked around the valley, and for what he could see was that there were much more obelisks and ruins in de vast sands. For him it seemed as a task that could not easily be completed, at least not without the right equipment.
    'Allright, let's grab our gear and head...'
    'HEEY! KEEPER OVER HERE!'
    One of his men interrupted him, shouting that he had found something. Frederick and the other men hurried towards him. Only to see something small sticking out of the sand.
    Curious on what it could be Frederick crouched down so that he could take a better look. He was looking at five small tips, then it hit him. Frederick knew what it was.
    'It's a hand boys! This are the fingertips of it! Allright!! I think we have found ourselves the place we were looking for! Someone dig this one out, the rest keep looking around!'

Frederick was right, the body that was dug out was indeed one of the merchants employees, it didn't even take that long to find some more of the bodies. And luck was with them even more, when they found eight and last corpse they also found the cart with the cargo. It was partially hidden behind some broken pillars, and mostly covered in under the sand. 
    His men were now laughing again, the find of the bodies and the cart had made them happy again. Just like Frederick, the thought of getting their reward now, especially after traveling across the desert seemed that much more rewarding then it did before.
    He walked up the cargo and could immediately see the artifact, apparently the treasure hunters didn't thought it was that much worth so they had put it with other pots and ancient plates they found.
    'Allright men!, grab the treasure, and the personal belongings from the corpses. We got what we came for!'
    But nobody thought of the fact that they were being watching in this forsaken part of the world, and when all the treasure and belongings from the corpses was gathered. And Frederick carefully had put the chalice in a personal bag. Something appeared from out the sand.

NPC
    NPC

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by NPC 23rd June 2013, 1:49 am

'Monster Dice' :
    Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) NormalMonster Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) WeakMonster Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) NormalMonster Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) WeakMonster Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) NormalMonster Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) WeakMonster Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) NormalMonster Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) WeakMonster Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) NormalMonster Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) NormalMonster Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) NormalMonster Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) WeakMonster Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) NormalMonster Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) StrongMonster Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) WeakMonster
    Godlike Frederik
    Godlike Frederik
    The Forsaken

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Godlike Frederik 24th June 2013, 12:00 am

All around them were creatures that rose up from the sand. Frederick didn't know if they were stalking him and his men all this time. Or that they were just waiting there for a suitable prey to come along. But that all didn't matter right now, they had to defend themselves again. But this time, the scorpions brought along some other predatory creatures. A small snake like creature, that slithered and crawled with it's front legs through the sand towards them. The creature itself seem that it didn't had any trouble with the sand. While Frederick and his men had to be careful to not make the wrong step so that their feet didn't sunk to deep into the sand.
    But the scorpions brought along another creature, well actually not another kind of creature. But another scorpion, only it was big. Bigger then any scorpion Frederick had seen so far. It was a big as a caravan cart and looked twice as dangerous as it's smaller cousins.

Totally surprised by this attack Frederick and his men were quickly drivin into a small part of the ruins. It did gave them some protection from the creatures, that couldn't attack from every direction anymore. But it left Frederick and his men only two openings to escape through. Which were each being swarmed by the creatures.
    'Tch, I guess I have to deal with them! Stand back everyone!'
    The men Frederick brought along were more then happy to listen to him. And immediatly did what Frederick asked of them. When Frederick knew they couldn't be hit by his next spell he raised his arm in the air.

'Dark Obliberation!!'

Thirty black pentacles appeared all around the ruins, until the pentacles all togheter formed a dome. And only a split second after the dome was formed, beams of black light were shot from out the pentacles towards the creatures. Raining death and destruction among them.
    Frederick could hear some of the creatures squirm and letting out beast like screams when they got hit, and the smell of burnt and scorching flesh lingered in the air. But not like just any other burning smell from fire. It smelled more peculiar, because of the dark magic that exploded on impact.

Frederick smiled because the spell did had the desired effect he wanted it to have. Now that some of the creatures were killed, he and his men had more space to move around and defend themselves.
    'Time to head out, and face them men..'

Cooldown:
    Dark Obliberation: 4 posts

Remaining:
    4 scorpions
    2 basilisks
    1 giant scorpion

Last edited by Lord Frederik on 24th June 2013, 12:05 am; edited 1 time in total

NPC
    NPC

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by NPC 24th June 2013, 12:00 am

#1 'Damage Dice' :
    Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Miss Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Attack Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Attack Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Attack Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Attack Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Miss Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Miss Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Miss Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Miss Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Attack Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Attack Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Attack Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Attack Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Miss Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Miss Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Attack Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Attack Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Attack Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Attack Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Attack Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Attack Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Attack Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Attack Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Attack Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Attack Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Attack Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Attack Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Attack Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Attack Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Miss

#2 'Block Dice' :
    Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Block Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Block Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Block Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Block Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Block Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) FailedBlock Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) FailedBlock Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Block Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Block Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Block Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) FailedBlock Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Block Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Block Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Block Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) FailedBlock Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Block Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) FailedBlock Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) FailedBlock Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Block Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Block Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) FailedBlock Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Block Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Block Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Block Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Block Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Block Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Block Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) FailedBlock Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Block Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Block
    Godlike Frederik
    Godlike Frederik
    The Forsaken

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Godlike Frederik 15th July 2013, 2:43 am

Frederick was immediately greeted by the poisonous stinging tail of the giant scorpion when he jumped out of the covers of the old ruin. And could just barely escape by rolling away down hill. While his clothes were filled with sand right now, he crawled back up and could see the giant scorpion already heading his way. Which didn't had any problems with the sand.
    'How couldn't I see that attack coming?'

The answer to that question was easy, it was the scorching and unnatural heat that tarnished these parts of the desert. It made sure that his head reacted a little more slower then normal. Mostly he would anticipated such an move when he was cool headed. But now he had already trouble with even thinking up with a plan of his own.
    He decided to act on impulse was his best bet right now, if he had trouble with anticipating then acting irrational himself was the proper solution to this situation.

Frederick ran up towards the scorpion and dropped down right in front of it to evade the grasping claws that tried to crush him. But the scorpion didn't leave Frederick any room, it's tail smashed into the ground just besides Frederick. And the only thing he could do was roll under the entire scorpion. While he could hear the smashing sounds of the the scorpions tail punching into the sand.
    This was his chance, there under the unprotected part of the scorpion he could retaliate.
    'Dark Explosion!!!'

Frederick swiped his arm in a linear pattern towards the scorpion, and a multitude of black magic explosions occurred. Which Frederick could feel scorching upon his body by being to close by. But once again Frederick had misjudged the scorpion, he though just like any other smaller scorpion that it's underside would be the weakest part. But he didn't thought about the abnormal size of this one. For getting so big it had to shed multiple times and harden its entire natural cuirass.
    The Keeper looked around hoping to see a way out between the twitching legs of the scorpion, he could roll away again and end up behind it. Frederick could also catch a glimpse of his men, who also had trouble dealing with the small basilisks and scorpions. But they were standing their ground.
    He rolled away and ended right behind the tail of the scorpion, where he looked at the creature slowly turned around. If he wanted to deal with this beast he should pull out the big guns and put it down hard.

Last edited by Lord Frederik on 15th July 2013, 3:01 am; edited 1 time in total

NPC
    NPC

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by NPC 15th July 2013, 2:43 am

#1 'Damage Dice' :
    Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Attack Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Attack Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Attack Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Attack Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Miss

#2 'Block Dice' :
    Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Block Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Block Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Block Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Block Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) FailedBlock
    Godlike Frederik
    Godlike Frederik
    The Forsaken

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Godlike Frederik 15th July 2013, 5:02 am

'Dark Void!'
    Frederick rose his arm up into the air while black pentacles appeared in the sky above the scorpion. From which black magical beams shot down towards the creature and rained down havoc upon it. Immediately after this attack Frederick spread his arms and shouted.
    'Dark Chasm'
    The similar attack to Dark Void but then the pentacles appeared horizontal behind Frederick forming a wall out of them. From which once again the dark pillars of light shot towards the scorpion that slowly appeared from behind the smoldering smoke again.
    Again the black beams exploded on impact, hiding the creature once again behind the lingering smoke. Until the smoke slowly clear away and reveal the remainders of the scorpion, it's carcass was filled with big holes and here and there it was missing a limb.

Just as Frederick wanted his attacks had the desired effect on it's enemy, and with the big scorpion gone the smaller remaining creatures fled the scene. Crawling back to the very hole they came from.
    Frederick walked up to his men, noticing that some of them were wounded. But nothing serious. Just minor superficial wounds.
    'Allright, let's make sure the cargo is okay. And gather the remaining stuff.'
    Said Frederick as he stared into the dessert.
    'I have a feeling that this place doesn't meets the eye as it is supposed to be'
    It probably sounded a little cryptic to his men, but it was the only thing he had closest as an explanation to this place. Because Frederick himself didn't even know what was causing the unnatural heat and the pressured feeling that occurred here in this valley.

Once they gathered all the stuff they had found, and Frederick secured the much needed chalice once again. The started to bring the cart back to the Dessert Village. Which wouldn't be a very long journey, but it would be quite a drag.
    And as Frederick and his man left the Valley of Domes they were being watched by the very creature that caused the unnatural occurrences. It was doing nothing, just watching them go away. Deeming Frederick and his men unworthy to even reveal itself to them.

The journey back went by rather easy, with no problems what so ever. It just took longer because of the cart with treasure they had to bring along. It would have been better if they had a donkey or a small horse to pull the cart forth. But they had none so they had to pull the thing along themselves. Which in turn went with a lot of cursing or snapping at each other. After who wouldn't, nobody wants to pull a cart through the entire dessert.

Last edited by Lord Frederik on 15th July 2013, 6:17 am; edited 1 time in total

NPC
    NPC

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by NPC 15th July 2013, 5:02 am

#1 'Damage Dice' :
    Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Attack Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Attack Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Miss Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Attack Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Miss Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Attack Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Attack Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Miss Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Attack Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Attack Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Attack Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Attack Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Miss Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Attack Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Miss

#2 'Block Dice' :
    Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Block Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Block Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Block Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Block Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) FailedBlock Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) FailedBlock Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Block Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Block Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Block Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Block Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Block Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Block Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Block Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) FailedBlock Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Block

#3 'Damage Dice' :
    Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Miss Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Miss Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Miss Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Attack Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Attack Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Attack Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Attack Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Attack Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Attack Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Miss Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Attack Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Attack Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Miss Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Attack Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Attack Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Attack Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Attack Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Attack Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Attack Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Miss

#4 'Block Dice' :
    Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Block Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Block Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Block Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) FailedBlock Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Block Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Block Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) FailedBlock Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Block Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) FailedBlock Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Block Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) FailedBlock Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Block Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) FailedBlock Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Block Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Block Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Block Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Block Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Block Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) FailedBlock Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) FailedBlock
    Godlike Frederik
    Godlike Frederik
    The Forsaken

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Godlike Frederik 15th July 2013, 1:00 pm

It took some time but after two days of dragging a cart through the vast sands of the dessert. Frederick and his men could see the walls of the Dessert Village appear.
    His men let out a short but pleased cheer, and Frederick couldn't help but to be pleased as well. After the city walls meant that their journey has ended and they only needed to bring back the found treasure back to the merchant.
    'Thank the Lich! We finally have returned, now drop this stuff off and let's find us a tavern!'
    'Yeah! I could use a drink as well!'
    Frederick listened to his men shouting and thinking of hanging out in a tavern all night. He guessed they deserved that after all the walking in the sand.
    'Tch, I must admit. I could use a drink myself as well'
    His men laughed and shouted happy responses to that, and enjoyed themselves talking about hitting on woman and making bets till they reached and passed through the gate of the Dessert Village.

Frederick and his men were immediately greeted by the sounds of the local town life, like the chatter around the markets stalls were merchants tried to deal with haggling customers. Nobody payed any attention to him and his men who looked a little ruffed up, probably because it was normal for people to look like that after walking through the scorching heat of the dessert.
    So nobody gave Frederick and his men any problems dragging the cart through the town all the way back to the merchants house.
    Where they were already being awaited by the men himself, probably someone had already told him of their arrival. And so when Frederick got there the merchant greeted them with a enormous smile on his face.
    'Splendid! Splendid! Now I finally can give their families some peace! And I also see you have brought back my merchandise and treasure! I hope you didn't encounter any problems while retrieving it?'
    'Just some creatures of the dessert, nothing I couldn't handle'
    'Good good, now I think you want your reward right. Well you can choose a few treasure to your liking. How does that sounds to you'
    Frederick observed the merchant while he spoke,the truth was Frederick already had found what he was looking for. And didn't care much for other treasure. But if the merchant was insisting that he would take some then who was he to go against that. And the guild could use any funds it could get.
    'It sounds fine to me, I will probably find some trinkets of worth to my liking'
    After grabbing some treasure from the cart Frederick and his men bid their farewell from the merchant. And walked through the village till they found a tavern to spend the night at.

Godlike Frederik
    Godlike Frederik
    The Forsaken

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Godlike Frederik 16th July 2013, 1:48 pm

The tavern they spend the night at was not like the usual Frederick was accustomed to, unlike the peaceful taverns were lonely travelers spend the night. This particular tavern was filled with cliche arabian vibes. Instead of chairs there were small fluffy cushion on the ground, al surrounding a low round table. With a hookah on it, which Frederick's men each took turns to take a deep inhale from. The cliche was made to a perfection with the sensual brown skinned female dancers that moved on the latin tunes that were being played by your typical arabian clothed men.

While his men enjoyed themselves, drinking the the exotic alcohol mixtures and hitting on the dancers Frederick was deep in thought. There were a lot of things on his mind lately and the weird occurrences in the dessert only made it worse. He knew something wasn't right, that they were being watched all along. But whatever it was didn't revealed itself, and somehow Frederick knew he didn't have to chase it down. Somewhere deep inside himself he knew. Whatever lurks deep inside the dessert wasn't part of his destiny.
    No his destiny was something else entirely, and now with the first artifact that he needed to full fill it. He knew that he was close, closer then that he had ever bin.
    But it also worries him, there were still a lot of unknown factors. Like what will happen after he succeeded, and how much more did he have to sacrifice to do so. And there was still that blink of a moment that happened after Frederick defeated a masked guild together with Naraku and Chelvaric. Where he had found the scrolls with the info he needed.
    There it was when Naraku's favorite pet dog, mentioned something cryptic towards Frederick. Almost as if it knew something about him. And that still bugged him, mostly because of the fact the Frederick just didn't like to be kept in the dark. Not when he was the one who usually knew all the information that need to be known.

Something that Frederick was profoundly proud on, having his own intelligence that covered most of Fiore. But right now it wasn't that powerful anymore as it was used to be. After the battle at Magnolia Savage Skull had some severe losses, and other parties saw that as an opportunity to strengthen their own resolve in Fiore. Dark and Legal alike, and there was someone who outsmarted everyone in that. Someone from a very high place, deep inside the council. This particular person made sure, that Savage Skulls own network of spies and intelligence was infiltrated and blocked to a point that it was reduced to a former shadow of what it used to be.

The night carried own while Frederick's men kept celebrating, and the keeper himself kept to himself and his own thoughts. Till the point he decided to return to his chambers.
    'I'm off to my chambers, don't make to wild tonight. I don't want to clean up any brawls tonight..'
    With that Frederick walked off, while being cheered of by his own men who were fare beyond tipsy right now.

Godlike Frederik
    Godlike Frederik
    The Forsaken

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Godlike Frederik 16th July 2013, 2:13 pm

The next morning was probably pure hell for the men that accompanied Frederick on his journey. Being hungover from the previous night and then to walk straight into the hot scorching sun again of the dessert village made sure that once again they could only fill the air with complaints. To this Frederick could only sigh.
    Maybe he was getting way to tolerant with the remaining soldiers of Savage Skull, normally back in the days when he was ravaging entire towns together with Constantine Rebellion. They would punish this kind of attitude with almost always with a painful death.
    But Frederick wasn't that person anymore, well he still was a bad person. Fallen so deep to the darkness as it could be. But he wasn't that cruel anymore. He didn't have to rule people with fear anymore. No these men were loyal to him, and would die for him. A rare trait to come by inside the guild. So he put up with their complaining.

Luckily for Frederick the complaining quickly stopped, once they all had enough water to drink and shove some breakfast down their throats. The hungover quickly faded away and stories came up from last night. Which mostly ended in laughing about someones misbehavior. This went on for the entire trip back home. Which was an one week walk.
    A very time consuming trip indeed, Frederick got annoyed sometimes by this. Not because of the fact that his men were always having fun or switching rapidly to complain about something. But the fact if they used public transportation they would be there in a matter of days. But now that they were wanted for the atrocities in Magnolia Town. They couldn't afford any public attention towards them.

There were much people that wanted revenge, demanded blood. Or wanted a harsh trial. Especially the legal mages from Fairy Tail or Blue Pegasus. But there was also the council. If Frederick was captured by the wrong council member there was a huge chance he would be get caught in a web of conspiracies that would prove even more dangerous then facing the banshees. And then he would never bring back his beloved Cecilia.

A week passed and he the Savage Skull guildhall came insight, a welcoming sight indeed. But once Frederick entered he came upon some unexpected news. Something that wasn't to his liking. Once more Savage Skull had slimmed down, and had lost some of his more core members. Naraku had left the guild only start her own one somewhere else. And Chelvaric her loyal pet had followed her off course. The same goes for other members. Joining different dark guilds.
    But Frederick didn't care, Savage Skull maybe has lost its reign. But the darkness within was still going strong. And would always be the darkest of guilds.
    Ignoring the fact that some former allies had left he walked back up to his office, only to find out that two of the three scrolls were missing.
    'Tch I could have expected this.'
    And just as he expected he found out that the scroll that was left on his desk was the one he needed. So it was a simple guess who took the others. He didn't needed those anyway, it only lead to other realms where had nothing look for.
    'So you became a guild master of your own, only to pursue the very thing you wanted most in life...
    Then from someone as fallen as deep as myself... good luck and let's see who will the world into darkness first.'

Godlike Frederik
    Godlike Frederik
    The Forsaken

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Godlike Frederik 16th July 2013, 2:14 pm

treasure dice

NPC
    NPC

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by NPC 16th July 2013, 2:14 pm

#1 'Normal Dice' :
    Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Die_06_42164_sm

#2 'Normal Dice' :
    Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Die_03_42160_sm

#3 'Normal Dice' :
    Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Die_01_42158_sm

#4 'Normal Dice' :
    Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Die_05_42162_sm
    Godlike Frederik
    Godlike Frederik
    The Forsaken

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Godlike Frederik 16th July 2013, 2:15 pm

6- Strong Item
    3- 0 Jewels
    1- 2000 jewels
    5- 3000 jewels

Is it possible for me to get money instead of a strong item?

Moka
    Moka

Moderator- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Character Application Approved!- Obtain A Lineage!- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Magician's Spirit
    Guild : Guildless
    Experience : 25

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Vixen Soul (was deceased persona Faye Devlin's. Currently can't be accessed)
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Moka 17th July 2013, 11:33 pm

Approved~
    (Not too sure about the strong item, please ask another mod~)

Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) D11lCYj <-Click for Fleur DeLille's Applications
    Shrouded in the sand (the desert - Frederick) Stamp_12<-Click this for all applications for Mocha Te and to learn about her "death".

Exp: 50  |  Exp left to gain till next rank: 100  |   Required amount for next rank: C: 150 EXP

Current date/time is 10th May 2024, 7:41 am