Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Suggestions!

Vlad
    Vlad

Harbinger of Death

Harbinger of Death

Dragon VIP Status- Knight VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- 11 Sinner- Coming Storms- A-Rank- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Villain- Player 
    Lineage : Arm of Destiny
    Position : None
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : Self Taught
    Experience : 50

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Hollowed Summons
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Suggestions! Empty Suggestions!

Post by Vlad 17th December 2016, 3:30 pm

So, let me preface this by saying I wrote this a few days ago and almost sent it in. Many people told me not to submit this, it seems they feared I would be banned or some sort of actions would be taken against me. Well, I had deleted the post and let it go; the problem is... I'm not that type of guy. If I have something to say I will! So, here it is! 

So, I honestly don't know how to start this. I like to think that I usually have the ability to type up an articulate and accurate representation of my words, however, with this I feel as though I may not be able to find the perfect words. I also like to think that I'm a very active member of the site; while I may not have been here for very long I feel like it's been long enough for me to type this; to be honest, I'm a bit saddened that I'm typing this, but I feel it should be said. Now, I have to clarify that this is not something I'm writing with the intention of triggering anyone, though I feel it may. If I do then I apologize! Well, that was a long intro, thanks for bearing with me. I'll simply be frank.

I think that there are some things that should be changed. To begin this I feel the most appropriate place to begin is staff. When I say this I simply mean the way in which people conduct themselves. I have no qualms with anyone on the staff team, and I like to think they don't dislike me (I do hope I don't make any enemies with this). It seems, at least to me, that staff choose to enforce rules very randomly. This is to say that there are times I have seen certain policies being ignored; the reason I mention staff is because I've notice some of the current staff simply disregarding these policies themselves. My first example is a rather idiotic policy, though it is a policy none the less. This site is meant to be PG-13. This does not simply mean the threads that we type; I feel this should apply more generally to the Chat Box. There are countless examples in which I have seen staff talking about dicks, sex, dildos and a plethora of other things. I have no problem with this, but it very direct breaking of site policy. Not only this, but the language that they use may seem a bit uninviting; this is to say the use of profanity. While it is very apparent that I am someone who has done this more so than not it is something I believe staff should avoid. As a member of staff they are meant to serve as a guide for the members of the site; setting examples that should be followed and creating a warm environment for new members. This is not to say that all of staff is guilty of any of these things, in fact I know not every member is. However, it is something which I have noticed, and believe should be addressed. While still on the topic of staff there are a few other things that I believe should be evaluated. Consistency in grading. While this may seem like a very obvious thing I still do not believe that it is done as well as it could be. As it stands now every member of the staff has an idea as to what should be limited and what should not, however there is still a large amount of variety between graders. I know that we are all human and it is impossible to change that, I do believe that is not an excuse. Having each moderator or admin grading every application with varying degrees of strictness is very tiresome, and can give rise to favoritism; it could also lead unnecessary drama; the classic "But [USERNAME] has this, why can't I!?" situation. Along with this I believe the requirements for being staff should be reconsidered. I do not believe in rewarding people simply because they've been around for x years. This simply means that I believe activity should be a requirement; sure, they may be an old member, but if they are not active what's the point? Perhaps implement a sort of activity check for staff. There is one final suggestion for staff. I believe there should be more of a professionalism about them. I do not mean to say that every member does not act this way, simply that as a member of staff you represent the site. No drama, no talking shit, nothing that sets a bad example; of course I mean this in terms of Chat box and other forms of public knowledge; anywhere on site. Feel free to do so on Skype, Discord or where ever they decide. Well, that's all I currently have to say about staff at the moment. Hope I haven't triggered anyone or made any enemies. Now, lets move on to my next suggestion!

Well, that is about all that I have been wanting to say. Hope I haven't made any enemies! I do enjoy this place, but lets try and stop all the drama, blaming and instigating! Lets make FTRP great again!

~Vlad

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Suggestions! Tumblr10
    Hallowed Summons § Vlad Chao § Bank
    Alivya Tarrin
    Alivya Tarrin

Spirits Keeper

Spirits Keeper

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Evil Angel
    Guild : Divine Calamity
    Experience : 200

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Spirit Summon
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Suggestions! Empty Re: Suggestions!

Post by Alivya Tarrin 17th December 2016, 3:57 pm

Some of those are good ideas, but there are something that we already impliment and that would be the staff activity checks. I agree that the chatbox should stay pg-13 and that some of the things that occur in there are not appropriate. This should be fixed. I have slipped up a couple times, but I try not to be perverted in the CB.

I will bring it up to staff that these things are not really appropriate in the CB. Thank you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Anastasia Isayev
    Anastasia Isayev

Moderator- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Guild Master- S-Rank- A-Rank- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Valkyrian
    Guild : Black Sails GM
    Mentor : [Primary] Ivan Isayev [Secondary] Fafnir, the World Dragon
    Experience : 321116

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Mechanized REquip
    Second Skill: Dragons' Champion
    Third Skill:

Post by Anastasia Isayev 17th December 2016, 3:58 pm

1: I agree that staff should act more professionally. But I do also believe that the playerbase should also act accordingly. One cannot preach for the staff to act one way when they, themselves, are acting the exact same way they are preaching.

2: Yes.. About the content of what is being said about not-safe-for-work speech in the cbox and profanity, I do agree as well. However, you are known for extremely profane language and extreme back-talk to staff on cbox. I would suggest inner reflection before calling other people out. Perhaps if one would show how to act professional in the cbox instead of ragging about it in suggestions, one's suggestion would be taken more seriously.

3: Yes.. I also agree that the staff should make the place feel warm. However, so should the players. We aren't 100% responsible for making sure the place has a warm reception in cbox. Unless you want us to become more strict in cbox and start kick/banning people for acting inappropriately.

4: As for "X has this, why can't I?". That's a mentality that all people have due to the magic guidelines being just that... guidelines and it depends on how strict the mod is. If someone has something that's overpowered, report it to an admin for review. What happens if it's another admin who's magic might be overpowered? Ask another admin or even Seijin. To be honest, I'm a little worn out with the "X has that.. why can't I?" excuse as it seems to be a power-game for "They have something strong, I want it too"

People should just comply with their mod and not complain about how it's being modded. If they believe it's being modded too harshly, they can talk to Marceline Anicetus, who is the Head Mod. She can look it over to see if it's being graded too harshly.

5: My final suggestion is. Before you badger staff on their behavior, reflect on your own.

[Character Approval] [Mechanized REquip Spells] [Dragons' Champion] [The Eye of Odin] [Bank]
    Wave your banner!  
    Join the Black Sails today!
    The Guild is Set to OPEN!  -- This means, feel free to join!
    Vlad
    Vlad

Harbinger of Death

Harbinger of Death

Dragon VIP Status- Knight VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- 11 Sinner- Coming Storms- A-Rank- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Villain- Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Vlad 17th December 2016, 4:01 pm

I know how I act Ana, I honestly do! I am very profane and say so in the post. I know that it's not ALL the staff, but it starts there. This isn't about what's wrong with me, and I don't care for the deflection, it's about what I feel should be improved. I not perfect, and I know that, but that doesn't excuse others. Do as I say, not as I do friend.

Suggestions! Tumblr10
    Vlad
    Vlad

Harbinger of Death

Harbinger of Death

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Vlad 17th December 2016, 6:18 pm

Also, if people are going to try and spit my shit back at me... at least use the phrases properly.

Suggestions! Tumblr10

Post by Guest 17th December 2016, 6:34 pm

This sounds a lot like my PSA!

Anyway, yeah, I can agree some of the things said in the chatbox were highly uncalled for and shouldn't have been said. Yes, I do take the blame since a lot of it came from me and I knew I shouldn't have been doing such a thing, but I still did. So, I do apologize for that and will change my behavior for future reference since I'm one of the many staff members who are most active onsite to greet and help newbies.

What I don't like is how this entire thread targets staff and makes it look bad on your end, considering this could be seen as an attack toward staff. Albeit, two members of staff did post on here, but just for future reference, remember to watch how you phrase things.

Ever since I was on staff, it was my goal to make this a warm and welcoming community, but over time, I've noticed the staff and community's corruptness getting to me. It certainly does change someone, but! It's still my goal to make this community warm and welcoming, hence why I tend to switch in behavior so quickly because at times, my own words tend to hit some sense into me.

Honestly, I do not mean ill toward members in the least and when it does come from me, just know that I'm likely not aware of it and should be told so.

This is just a brief little meh thing...

As for your last comment, please refrain from flamebaiting and otherwise rudeness that is directed toward staff or members of the community. Making threads to bait and be rude toward another member of the site is uncalled for.
    Vlad
    Vlad

Harbinger of Death

Harbinger of Death

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Vlad 17th December 2016, 6:40 pm

This was in no way a bait, nor a way to flame anyone. Literally just suggestions.

Suggestions! Tumblr10

Post by Guest 17th December 2016, 6:42 pm

I was referring to this post, since it comes off as rude and a majority of the other staff members agree.
    Vlad wrote:Also, if people are going to try and spit my shit back at me... at least use the phrases properly.
    Vlad
    Vlad

Harbinger of Death

Harbinger of Death

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Vlad 17th December 2016, 6:46 pm

Marceline Anicetus wrote:
    I was referring to this post, since it comes off as rude and a majority of the other staff members agree.
    Vlad wrote:Also, if people are going to try and spit my shit back at me... at least use the phrases properly.
    When I get a pm from staff using that instead of explaining something to me I have the right to be annoyed. If they simply explained it I wouldn't have made such a post.

Suggestions! Tumblr10
    Vlad
    Vlad

Harbinger of Death

Harbinger of Death

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Vlad 17th December 2016, 6:49 pm

You get what you give! And it sure as hell felt like a bait/insult.

Suggestions! Tumblr10

Post by Guest 17th December 2016, 6:49 pm

Vlad wrote:
    Marceline Anicetus wrote:
    When I get a pm from staff using that instead of explaining something to me I have the right to be annoyed. If they simply explained it I wouldn't have made such a post.

Please, do not post it on a thread then and handle it through the PM you received.

This isn't any type of warning, just for future reference that you should also take your own advice toward staff into consideration for yourself/the community. Because it shouldn't just be staff that have to control their behavior, it should be the members as well.

So, please refrain from doing so again.
    Vlad
    Vlad

Harbinger of Death

Harbinger of Death

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Vlad 17th December 2016, 6:53 pm

I do control my behavior. I usually only "act up" when I'm attacked, which seems to happen often enough. Honestly, it's also this blind loyalty which is a tad annoying.

Suggestions! Tumblr10

Post by Guest 17th December 2016, 6:56 pm

Well, for future reference, when feeling attacked, please bring it to another member of staff (or an admin if severe enough) or responsibly handle it yourself. ^.^ It helps with the whole "community being friendly" as well rather than just forcing all of staff to be nice and welcoming and such, which they should be... and they will be... when I get my little baby hands wrapped around their necks. ^.^

Have a nice day!

Current date/time is 13th May 2024, 11:43 am