Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Requip Suggestions

Shipping Goddess
    Shipping Goddess

Hero To Be

Hero To Be

Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Coming Storms- Demon Slayer- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Truth
    Position : None
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 1543.75

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Requip Suggestions Empty Requip Suggestions

Post by Shipping Goddess 20th August 2015, 5:44 pm

Now I dunno if this has been talked about before, but I'll talk about it now.

I think that the rules on requip should be touched up on. I think it should either be enforced more strictly if you guys want to keep the rules as-is, or make them a bit more lineant for those (like myself) who read the rules and plan on using requip magic. Before i start officially here is what the rules say on ReQuip, and what I make of it.

Admin wrote:This form of magic is based on the usage, summoning and/or creation of many different magical items, weapons and armor that are pulled from and stored in a magical pocket space. The items, weapons and armor a Requip mage uses are listed as spells. They are limited to 4 types of spells:
    Support: (mostly lower rank, but not necessarily. Spells that enhance the user's physical abilities and his or her handling of the weapons and armor. Levitation, for example.)
    Spell Armor: (the rank can vary, the higher the rank the better the spell armor. Spell armor can hold 1 passive ability and 1 active ability equal to its rank.)
    Spell Weapon: (Requipers have a large arsenal of weapons, the power depends on the rank of the spell slot. Spell weapons can hold 1 passive ability and 1 active ability.) -
    Special (the rank can vary, the higher the rank the more powerful the spell. A Special type of spell allows the Requiper to cast a qpell through a specific weapon or amor, or even combine multiple weapons with a specific armor into one unique offensive or defensive spell.)

Now what I make of this is that Support is basically just some spell added to your arsenal to make you a bit harder to fight, like making you gain the ability to fly, super jump, increase your striking power, etc. Spell weapons is just summoning up a weapon such as a spear, sword, bow + arrow, etc. Spell armors would be the actual armor itself, or clothes or whatever, and special would be like shooting a fireball from your armor, or combining spell weapons with spell armors.

Now this is what I say about changing it and making it a bit more lineant. I'm planning for my alt to have requip as her secondary magic, but with secondary magic you can only have 5 spell slots and 2 for C Rank. That I'm okay with, but what I'm not okay with is the fact you have to seperate between spell weapons, armors, and supports, and all that stuff. Due to what the rules say, I would have to burn both my D and C rank spell slots to make up one full suit of armor and a weapon together, like a "set" porsay. That would mean if I fully get to S rank I can only have two "Sets" and one other spell. That I do not like, at all. Before you say "Special spells combine two weapons/armors" I will stop you and say that's not what I mean. You still need to have one weapon in its own spell slot, an armor in its own spell slot, and that special spell.  That's three slots already. Perhaps change the rules a bit to make a requip mage able to have armors and weapons all in one spell, but still keep the whole "only 1 active and 1 passive ability" rule going on. That way people who have Requip as primary magic can be a bit more creative, and have armors and weapons together, freeing up a bunch of space for more. This also helps out people wanting it for a secondary, like myself. You can have five armors/weapons, rather than two and a half. But I also suggest that you still keep the ability to just have a weapon or just have an armor, so that way you arent limiting people.

Now this is why I say enforce the rules more, in case the above suggestion doesn't really fly. I have been searching around through different magic apps to get the general basis of Requip magic, seeing how I should limit the magic while still being able to keep my creative ability. Basically "getting the outline" of requip magic. What do I find? People that use both armors and weapons in a single spell. While there are also those who actually make individual weapons and stuff like that, but that's moreso because their magic is based around that idea. But if people want both armors and weapons in one spell, they just kinda do it. And it gets approved and all that. The rules technically say that isn't how it should be, and these people kinda get above the law. Now maybe the mods agree with me that the rules are kind limiting, and that's why they approve all this. But that's not the point, the fact is they shouldn't, because the magic rules say requip magic can only have 4 types of spells. So this rule isn't really enforced, it's moreso just followed by the people who decide to follow it.

This leads me to my last paragraph. Just change the rules. Add in one or two sentences saying "if you want you can have both an armor and weapon in the same spell, but the spell is still limited to 1 active and 1 passive ability." It helps out requippers a lot, especially those like myself who think it would be a cool secondary magic. Otherwise if you don't want to change the rules, have the mods and approvers and stuff bring down the hammer. Technically by allowing such spells to exist they are breaking the rules. What do you think? Tweak the rules and add in a sentence or two, or have the mods bring down the fist of justice?

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Requip Suggestions M7mHyEw
    Requip Suggestions CKWpl03
    Rosetta Crawford
    Rosetta Crawford

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Villain- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Embodiment of the 13th
    Position : None
    Guild : Blue Pegasus
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : Sky Emperor Shangdi
    Experience : 367,824.5

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Ten No Kichi
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Requip Suggestions Empty Re: Requip Suggestions

Post by Rosetta Crawford 21st August 2015, 12:26 am

Bearing in mind that most of the rules on this are more guidelines.

'special' also is basically doing exactly what you want. It would allow you to have a weapon and armor on the same spell, but with a single active and passive I believe.

However, I see your point and I will try to clarify this later when I get home. I'm currently doing a bit of a systems overhaul as you might be aware of so...yar

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Requip Suggestions Zack2_by_gramcrackers-d8ker96

Requip Suggestions Zack_by_ravenart5-d8j23c0

Requip Suggestions Zackrose_zpse9a22d85
    Current missions(4/6):  get the squid A, King of Fighters(S), Village Protection(A), Repair the House(D)

Current date/time is 2nd May 2024, 6:39 am