Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

% caps Guidlines

Raiza
    Raiza

The Red Player

The Red Player

Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- 11 Sinner- Coming Storms- Dark Guild Ace- A-Rank- Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Descendant of the First Reaper
    Position : Sinner #5: Wrath
    Guild : Savage Skull
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 225,322.5

Character Sheet
    First Skill: The Reckoning
    Second Skill: Death's Game
    Third Skill:

% caps Guidlines Empty % caps Guidlines

Post by Raiza 3rd April 2016, 4:16 pm

You all know as well as me, there is the possibility to stack bonus. Well yes we have 1 rule on that. However... it is only 1 rule, and very slim

A single buff can never push someone of equal rank into the next rank’s bracket for damage

For damage hm? What about for speed? For endurance? For size? For range? For reflexes? For MP? for hp?

Well yeah you get the point. We have a LOT of ground that is not covered. Nothing stops Gary Sue & Mary sue from amping up using a lot of their powers.

Take over has a limit, its a 200% cap using partials to mix into a full. Why not run off of that aleady in place cap?

No stat may exceed 200%? So thats a +200% cap. The most I could buff my speed is Base + 200% The most I could buff my endurance is base hp + 200%. These are easily able to render some rather unfair combinations out. After all, say Mary sue buffs their speed by 200% using an item, an ability, and a lineage? Well we all know only 2 would be really needed cause more UA allow up to a 100% change, and a speed + an item thrown in just makes it all too easy. Not to mention take-over can amplify it further.

So why not go with the example Takeover magic set for us. No amplifying any statistic by more than 200% Or better yet, go the full route, and be it based by rank

C: 100%
    B: 125%
    A: 150%
    S: 175%
    H: 200%

which is what the take over is.

so no stat at C-rank can be put past +100% and so forth. This is combined with all means.

Power/damage however is to remain the same at it caps at +100% cause we really dont need a +200% H-rank spell now do we?

But Raiza... this is just encouraging PvP and putting limitations on players, you're not being any fun! what about my plot!

Well, remember... stats are a guidline for plot. I was once told that petty limitations of speed, range, strength ect... did not limit on plot So I recommend this. If you go beyond the cap fine! Have fun :) but if you plan to PVP someone, then I recommend at the most you're capped based on the rules. It'd be similiar to while under plot you're not limited, but once pvp or events come into play, you're limited to keep it fair!

Besides no one wants to see the character that is faster than the flash, stronger than super man, and more combat specialized than batman all in 1.

TL;DR? I simply recommend we have

D: +50%
    C: +100%
    B: +125%
    A: +150%
    S: +175%
    H: +200%

as a cap to how how much any ONE stat may be boosted. By all means... if you find a way to boost 3 to 5 stats by +200% then thats on you & the mods. but this is my recommendation for at least stats.

As for a bonus to raw MP (the mp you start a thread with) I'd recommend 1/4th these numbers

These number do NOT apply to regen or mp rejuv. As those already have their own guidelines.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

% caps Guidlines YdfXSKP
    Eris
    Eris

Lich of hell

Lich of hell

Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Regular VIP Status- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Horseman- 11 Sinner- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- God Slayer- Demon Slayer- Dragon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Senior [500]- Player 
    Lineage : Devil's Conquest
    Position : None
    Guild : Grim Heresy [GM]
    Cosmic Coins : 5
    Experience : 0

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Sunset Eclipse - The Sandstorm GS
    Second Skill: Titan Eclipse • Devil Pact
    Third Skill:

% caps Guidlines Empty Re: % caps Guidlines

Post by Eris 3rd April 2016, 5:08 pm

Sounds like a great way to reduce variety & freedoms by encouraging individuals to max a couple (at least strength and speed) stats and end up with the exact same numbers to work with.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

% caps Guidlines NvVyM98

% caps Guidlines CkggyrF

Deception | Despair | Domination
    H 1 S 7 A 7+1 B 8+1 C 9 D 11
    d a m n a t i o n
    Raiza
    Raiza

The Red Player

The Red Player

Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- 11 Sinner- Coming Storms- Dark Guild Ace- A-Rank- Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Raiza 3rd April 2016, 5:11 pm

I mean if you want to spend all your time boosting physical stats, fine, but my personal opinion is we should not have people moving at 300-400-500% base or something like that.

This keeps freedom to become specialized in a stat(s) while keeping as an examle: Someone from vastly overpowering everyone else possible in 1 thing because you decided to use all the UA for 1 thing(example)

% caps Guidlines YdfXSKP
    weretiger5411
    weretiger5411

The Maker's necromancer

The Maker's necromancer

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Lineage Making Contest Participant- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Novice [250]- Player 
    Guild : Guildless
    Experience : 150

Character Sheet
    First Skill: SOTL
    Second Skill: NA
    Third Skill:

Post by weretiger5411 3rd April 2016, 5:26 pm

I like the idea you have but I do want to bring up that it could be ok to go beyond these 200% limits you put up. Maybe have it so that if a boost goes past 200% of that stat then it must hinder another stat(s) in equal power, so im fine with some boasting 300% strength, if their speed or endurance is reduced by a ton(say they achieve this just by buffing their strength and no other buffs, then i'm ok with this if their speed is reduced by half or their reflexes or endurance...or maybe all three when they go past 200%).

But of course I imagine someone would already suffer a penalty for raising their stats to these points, so again if one stat goes past 200% then have it required that another stat is reduced for this by the same amount the first stat has been increased by. Or have it so that the penalties are doubled for when you increase one stat beyond 200%(Example: I am able to go to a 200% speed boost while my strength is reduced by 25% as a penalty...then by raising my speed beyond 200% then my strength is reduced to 50% instead of the 25%).

Again this is more for PvP stuff, outside of that then this should be relatively ok to have a flash/superman/batman hybrid if everyone involved in the rp is ok with that.

"Those who do not fear power, are too easily destroyed by it."

"Humans are the biggest monsters. How else can you explain a dragon's need to burn down their homes, a demon's need to slaughter them, or a god's attempt at brainwashing them to devote loyalty? It is because we have the greatest chance to destroy them with whatever else gets in our way, and slayers are not the only method how."-Zecarayus Trevelean

Note: Until I get this in his character sheet, his name is changed to nevarran. Same soul though!

info on apps:
    Knight of Zero
    Knight of Zero

Player 
    Lineage : Dragon's Blood
    Guild : N/A
    Experience : 350

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Celestial Star Show
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Knight of Zero 3rd April 2016, 8:39 pm

Kinda agreeing cause notice theres a huge focus on buffs more then anything else.

% caps Guidlines FtxZxrE
    Raiza
    Raiza

The Red Player

The Red Player

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Raiza 3rd April 2016, 10:14 pm

good call @tiger, and as for your comment about pvp

Yeah... IDC if you dont use your magic for PvP, every mod will grade it as if it was, and I challenge every mod right now to fess up if they do not grade based on a pvp guideline, because its simple, I know everyone does.

Not everyone makes their magic for pvp an thats okay, but for fairness its looked as if such.

So, thats why this guideline came to be. Cause quite frankly, what stops someone from (I know I use speed as example a lot... sorry) but taking 1 item(lets say legenary or art) an granting oh... +100% to a stat i.e Speed

then a UA is another say +50% to 100%?

then... a spell, even worse a full takeover which buffs passives of the partials. Say they end up with +150% from that

thats +350% extra something, for example... range or speed. For fun average to high sake. We'll say.. an A-rank uses this and is amplifying speed.

Sprinting speed - 20mph

This is increased by 25% for each rank rounded to the nearest whole number.
    D-rank 20
    C-rank:25
    B-rank: 31
    A-rank: 39
    S-rank 49
    SS-rank:61
    H-rank 76
    X-rank(event npc only): 95

all these are MPH

however... an A-rank say getting +350% buff =175mph So... twice the speed of H-rank, just short of nearly twice X-rank speed.

Even +200% takes them beyong X-rank, but thats okay because at least its not twice as fast as H-rank

but Raiza.... thats just speed.

Wrong... apply that to an AOE
    Apply it to range
    Apply it to reflexes
    apply it to sensory / detection
    apply it to le'gasp... reduction bonuses
    the applications are endless as so long as you're not increasing 'damage'

But Raiza... mods would never allow you to combine up to +350%

Alright then, you're right. You got me. I have no comment to that.
    At least now my point has been fully fleshed out to why I feel +200% should be the 'limit' to any one stat. No I'm not saying +200% and thats all you get across all stats. I mean just 1 stat. If by some miracle you get +200% speed an +200% reflexes. Then by all means, congrats. I'm saying it should cap off before the #'s get ridiculous. After all we already have takeover that follows this rule, why not the rest of the magic/items/ect...

% caps Guidlines YdfXSKP