Birthday: November 25th
Sorano is completely void of emotion, as mental barriers keep her from being able to feel any emotion as well. Only strict rules she has set in place allows her to operate somewhat like a normal human being.
Personality: At first encounter, Sorano comes across as a very quiet and cold person. Preferring to listen instead of contributing to larger discussions, she picks her words very carefully with those she isn't well-acquainted with, and prefers not to make small talk due to her lack of talent in the social field. Being completely emotionless, it's only natural that she comes across as cold. Finding it too much trouble to try and put emotion into her speaking, many find her tone of voice to be monotonous and robotic to an extent. Additionally, she has little reaction to anything besides instinctive movements of reflex if surprised. As a result, she's not someone who seems very easy to approach and thus only holds a few close friends.
With these close friends, Sorano relaxes a bit more, and will participate in long discussions about various topics if she so wishes instead of holding back as usual. She does her best among these select people to present herself as having a good time, trying to force a smile or use casual language to show them her appreciation for their company.
In her line of work, Sorano is professional to a fault. Speaking with language as formal as possible when taking jobs or dealing with guild business, the girl is extremely polite and diplomatic. Despite the goal of giving herself and her guild a good reputation in all professional interactions, many clients have found her to be uncomfortable to talk to before, due to how stoic and stiff she acts. Even so, her polite nature has become well-known among the magic community and generally seen as a good quality of hers.
When it comes to leadership and decision-making, Sorano's unique personality can be a double-edged sword. Her lack of emotion and professionalism makes her perfect for dealing with emergency situations, able to act with a clear head for the greater good. However, her lack of emotion can also make it difficult for her to make fast decisions. Viewing things without the addition of emotions to influence her choices, the girl can often take a long time to analyze an issue from as many logical angles as possible before putting her foot down on something. She is very much a planner instead of a pantser, and prefers to sketch out a course of action in peace instead of in the midst of battle. Her personality also makes it difficult for her to connect with people she leads. Unable to understand or help very much with her guildmates' emotional issues is a major black hole in her capabilities, both in relationships and professional situations.
Battle-wise, Sorano simply prefers...not to. Despite being an extremely high-ranked mage in Fiore, physical battle has never been the letter mage's forte. Instead, if possible, the girl often attempts a diplomatic route to solve the issue, or if in a team, prefers to take on a more supportive role. When she does go on the offensive, however, the girl moves very logically, never fighting with the adrenaline of emotion behind her actions. She moves fairly slowly though, a consequence of her unfortunately slow decision-making skills.
- Reading: A hobby she's had since the moment she could understand the letters on the page, Sorano spends much of her free time enjoying a good book, or researching new spell ideas or interesting concepts she wants to learn more about.
- Meditation: Sorano uses meditation to keep herself calm, and maintain the stability of her emotional barrier. Eventually, she has come to enjoy the activity of letting herself relax and grow calm outside of necessity, however.
- Problems: As strange as it sounds, Sorano enjoys the process of working slowly through a problem and coming up with a satisfactory solution, and embraces new issues that come to her attention.
- Learning: Having been a total nerd since she was in elementary school, it's only natural that Sorano absolutely relishes any opportunity to gain more experience or learn something new.
- Bullies: She was bullied often in school, and thus has a natural dislike of people who find joy in making others suffer.
- Help: Having been underestimated and seen as a mere child so often in her early career as a mage, Sorano has developed a slight repulsion to those who try to help her in jobs that she doesn't know well, particularly those who are older than her.
- Noise: I mean, she meditates! Sorano highly dislikes being put i noisy environments, where she can't focus and concentrate deeply on whatever she wants to focus on at the moment.
- Violence: Fighting and violence is inevitable as a mage, but it's not something the girl enjoys. Preferring to use her tongues instead of fists, she looks down on people who treat violence as their primary method to get what they want.
- Improvement: Wanting to become a better guild mate, better friend, better mage in general, Sorano is always striving to become better than she was before.
- Repayment: Fairy Tail provided a home for her when she was in a difficult situation in her life and trying to recover, something she will forever be grateful for. As a result, she works constantly to keep the guild in prime condition.
- Resetting: Wanting to put her past behind her, Sorano does everything she can to keep memories of her childhood behind her and interact with the remains of who she once was as little as possible.
- Death: She has a powerful sense of self-preservation, and hates the thought that she won't be able to watch the world continue to change, and that she won't be able to continue to learn and improve herself.
- Emotions: Sorano's worst fear is regaining her emotions. Last time she had emotions, they released themselves through hereditary magic traits of the girl in horrible ways, leading to Sorano having to totally reset herself and restart on a clean, emotionless slate.
- Love: This seems redundant as love can indeed be seen as an emotion, but the girl fears people loving herself and vice versa. Being in a romantic relationship provides so many more obstacles and potential opportunities for mess-ups and uncomfortable situations, and also creates a great vulnerability for a person, something Sorano cannot afford.
- Sorano's Appearance:
Weight: 46 kg
Hair: She has waist-length black hair, with a few blue and white streaks through it when her emotional barrier weakens. She has slightly long bangs, and often wears a headband of sorts. She usually wears her hair loose, but in battle she braids it back or pins it up close to her head.
Eyes: Dark Brown
Skin Tone: Far Eastern
Guild: Fairy Tail
Tattoo: Dark lavender on her left shoulder, outlined in silver.
Last edited by ivyleaf33 on 5th September 2020, 7:53 am; edited 16 times in total