Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

"The One You Cannot Beat..."

Suijin Azurestorm
    Suijin Azurestorm

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Dragon Slayer- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Player 
    Lineage : Betrayer of the Kamigawa
    Position : None
    Guild : XXX
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 17,062

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Water God Slayer Magic
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

"The One You Cannot Beat..."  Empty "The One You Cannot Beat..."

Post by Suijin Azurestorm 25th May 2020, 8:26 pm

Mission Application

Why Do We Fight

The mines where the Pandaren were held captive had been filled with both the captive slaves and the enemies of the Thunder King. Suijin had come at the behest of the villagers, those who saved him, Vector and Kage when they washed up ashore on the island. With the island under the iron-grip control of the Thunder King, and trapped by the ever-present storms around the island, Suijin realized the best answer to move forward was to help the villagers. It was a bit out of character of him, but he wanted to do it. In the end there was one thing he hated more than rules, and laws-- but enslaving others.

Long story short, Suijin had thrashed many of the guards and slavers via his mist technique, taking them down one by one, then urging the captured slave Pandaren out-- but his mist had now dissolved, having been spent and now he was surrounded. He, Kage, and Vector was trapped. Half of the slaves were safe out, but the other were huddled around him, at risk of being hurt by the stone mongrel beasts and the insectoid creatures that forced the slaves to harvest the amber.

"We got you now!" the big mongole growled as he handled a large whip with spikes along it. "Get on your knees, worm, or I will start beating you all into a pulp. No one crosses the Thunder King unscarred."

Suijin was just quiet. He refused to bow, and refused to break. Though he didn't want to see the other Pandaren or his companions suffer, he knew to bow to their demands was the last thing he should do. He glared back, angry and not giving him a word.

"Fine then..." the stone dog creature growled and grabbed a nearby Pandaren, already scared. "Let's see them run when their legs are broken!!" he growled and was about to deliver a breaking kick to his knee.

His nerves tightened as he got ready to move. Water began to condense to his palms to attack and then---

Bloomp! Something from the remaining fog floated down and soon pushed the stone dog-man back-- or rather it encased the Pandaren. Both the jailer and panda bear looked in surprise to find the distance between them divided by a thin bubble, but despite the attacker's grip-- the bubble didn't break. The bubble merely slipped under his grip, and the panda slowly began to drift upward into the air.

"What?" Suijin gasped. He did no such thing, and more shocking... he knew where the bubbles were coming from!

"What is this?!" the slaver growled, as did the other remaining enemies around the quarry.

Slowly, one by one, bubbles had floated through the air and coming closer. The ones that got close to the Pandas quickly engulfed them inside and floated them into the air, as if to remove them from the quarry. Even a couple came over and popped over Vector and Kage, securing Suijin's pet. While the slavers were confused and even upset to see their 'hostages' go up into the air...

... Suijin was more worried by the ability, as he knew the style of this magic all too well. It was him, of all people.

"You call yourself a ninja, Suijin. You should have handled these third-rate mongrels by the time I came floating here..." a sly, cocky voice called from the fog.

Up in the air, as the bubbles containing the helpless slaves hovered, Suijin saw him. Perched atop of one bubble, cross-legged was a brown-haired young man-- his hair obscuring half his face. He wore a blue kimono and in his left hand he held a metal pipe aloof. The pipe was oddly shaped, in reality being a metallic bubble pipe. His gaze was calm, almost emotionless as he looked down at Suijin.

"Seems you need a hand, do you Tsunami?" Utakata said.

"Oh, shut it," Suijin grumbled, now facing the same rival and ex-peer he had-- who he had been fighting against right before this whole mess started.

WC: 674

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Suijin Azurestorm
    Suijin Azurestorm

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Dragon Slayer- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

"The One You Cannot Beat..."  Empty Re: "The One You Cannot Beat..."

Post by Suijin Azurestorm 28th May 2020, 6:01 pm

"WHo are you?!" The Jailer roared, infuriated with the bubble-mage who interrupted and now had most of his slaves floating in the air almost whimsically. "GET DOWN HERE OR I'LL--!!"

SNAP! Utakata casually snapped his fingers as the wayward bubbles floated around the jailer...

BOOM!! The bubbles near him violently erupted with powerful flashes, going off with the same potency as explosives. The remaining forces also set off explosions as well, due to the numeral bubbles that had floated out on the battlefield.

"Grrr-- Son of a---" The Slaver growled, about to fight back, but soon was greeted by the vicious grin of Suijin as he was up in his face. The look of fright was plastered on the dog-man's stone face.

"Water Dragon-- ROAR!!" Suijin roared, releasing a spiraling blast of water right at him, and launched the enemy clear across the quarry with a wet and wicked smash into the stone.

As the last of the enemies was incapacitated, the pandas continued to float overhead, safe and out of the way. Things calmed down-- except...

"GRRR! LET ME OUT OF THIS DAMN THING!!!" Vector snarled, trying to break out of the bubble he floated in. He been in these bubbles before and often made him feel sick.

Utakata descended down on his bubble and as it touched and popped-- he hopped onto his feet gracefully before Suijin. " It Seems there is no shortage of trouble when you are involved. Still, I didn't think you would be involved in something like THIS." Uatakata said, a hint of genuine surprise in his voice. "Still, we have a score to settle, don't we," The look of challenge shown on the monk's eye, that wasn't covered by his hair.

"And I hate to burst your bubble, you pansy," Suijin said grimly, "but I got bigger fish to fry than dealing with you."

WACK!! The crack of a bamboo rod echoed as both water mages stopped-- to see the view of the Pandaren Monk who had led Suijin to this spot, to help and free his people. "We do not have time for this. PLease, if you are not with the THunder King, aid us. Help us return my people to safety." Chen pleaded to Utakata and Suijin, unaware of the man's intention or purpose for challenging Suijin. Clearly the bear was unaware of Suijin's less than honorable past...

Utakata paused at the plea from the funny looking panda bear. He then looked to Suijin, who glared at him, but gave no complaint. It seemed that Utakata was the one to interrupt things, and turned to the Pandaren. "Very well. I shall guide my bubbles with your people to where you see fit. We can discuss what is going on when we are safe... " the monk said with a bow of his head to the bear.

"My thanks, kind stranger," Chen replied and hopped with graceful speed up the hill where they came. With Utakata's control of his bubbles-- he willed the bubbles in that direction, following the winds as well.

"Gah-- don't go so fast. I feel like-- bleh!" Vector complained, feeling like he could throw up.

"Oh shut it, scale face!" Kage complained, also in his own personal bubble.

Suijin's senses relaxed as the confrontation passed. He then turned and moved to rejoin Chen back at his village, where the other Pandaren eagerly waited to see their taken family and friends returned home...

WC: 574

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Suijin Azurestorm
    Suijin Azurestorm

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Suijin Azurestorm 29th May 2020, 8:27 am

With Utakata and Suijin willing to put their personal feud on hold for the time being-- they accompanied Chen and the captured Pandaren back to the Valley of the Four Winds. The journey took only about an hour to reach, only due to the fact that to Utakata's travel to move all the captives with his bubbles. When they arrived, at first, the villagers were apprehensive due to the trouble Suijin had caused opposing the Thunder King-- but the sight of their missing friends and family quickly changed their tune.

The moment Utakata's bubbles released them, they rushed to greet their kin. Mothers found their taken sons and wives found their husbands. While a bunch of pandas rejoicing for their missing family was 'heart-warming', Suijin kept neutral as he kept an eye of things. Utakata also was observing the reunited pandas rejoice and helped as some who needed medical treatment had their wounds addressed.

Off to the side near the stream-- Vector was on his hands and knees as he felt sick from the bubble ride. He Hated being inside Utakata's bubbles and looked 'greener' than usual. All the while Kage patted him on the back-- also trying hard to not laugh at his misery.

As Suijin remained neutral, his arms folded as he listened to the pandas recovered, Chen approached with the village elder by his side. "You did us a great service, to us both," the village elder said and bowed his head. "Please forgive my discourtesy for how we treated your earlier kindness. We feared many of our people would of been worked to death. But you... you brought them back to us." he said, a sniffle in his words. Chen just watched with a smile, glad the elder came around to understand living in fear wasn't the same as freedom.

Suijin listened but didn't react one way or the other. He merely turned away, as if to look at the scenery. "It was nothing. Don't worry about it," he said.

"Indeed, especially since I was the one to save your sorry hide," Utakata soon joined in, souring Suijin's expression further. He turned to find the monk approach them. " Now, you and I have business to discuss, Suijin. We are leaving and I am taking you back to Kamigawa."

Suijin glared at him crossly. "Yeah... will that before or after hell freezes over?" he replied coldly.

Utakata made an approach, prepared to fight as he got out his bubble wand-- till Chen stepped up towards him. "Wait... please, I don't understand the reason for you to be at odds, but he saved this village. And we need him. He stood up to the forces of the Thunder King and has been a great aid to us."

As if to be just as cold as Suijin, Utakata didn't bat an eye. "This isn't my problem," he said.

Suijin sighed as he turned to Utakata, while Vector waddled back to them-- looking a bit more alive than he was when he was puking into the river. "How did you even find me here? Let alone through that storm that surrounds the whole island?"

"Trackingg you in the storm is easy enough, but even my bubble shield had issues with the storm. But I am sure travel under the waves is simpler. Now, I am fed up with these pointless fights," Utakata said, "You and I are leaving now, and you will answer for your crimes."

A flex of his hands soon made water collect around Suijin's fists, soon transforming them to claws of water. However, once more, Chen stepped in between them. "No-- we need him to help us free my people from the Tyranny of the Thunder King!" the Panda said. "He stood up to his minions when all of my people had long given up hope. Please, can't we discuss this."

Utakata raised a brow at all this, clearly in the dark about what was going on. While Suijin kept his claws formed, the monk sighed. "Then, would you kindly explain what is going on here. I will hear you out, before I make any more decisions." he said.

Chen was happy to hear that and began to explain. THe story wasn't too complicated, but Utakata was quiet through the whole thing. Though Kage and Vector were worried how he would react afterward, they kept out of it. By the end, Utakata didn't even seem to flinch, or even soften his expression.

"So in short, you are trying to rise a rebellion against this oppressive Thunder King, who has enslaved your people for centuries," Utakata said glancing at Suijin, as if he couldn't b believe he would be a part of this. "You're reasons are sound, but I think you could do better than enlisting this man for your aid."

WC: 805

Suijin Azurestorm
    Suijin Azurestorm

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Suijin Azurestorm 30th May 2020, 10:36 am

Nothing would have made Suijin happier than to give a full power Water Dragon Roar against Utakata and send his smug face clear across the valley. However, a fight with him now would be meaningless and a waste of energy. After all the time they challenged each other as students, and how much he chased him for leaving the monastery... nothing would make him happier than to mop the floor with him. But he knew his own goals-- face the thunder king and release his grip from these fuzzballs. Still, Suijin was well aware of his crimes and said nothing as Utakata laid it out to him.

"This man is responsible for betraying and stealing from his own master and clan. He is heartless and untrustworthy," Utakata said to Chen and the village elder. "Further, this incident has nothing to do with me personally, and I am not leaving till I bring him back to face justice."

"Ugh... your so full of it," Suijin grumbled.

Before Utakata could move-- Chen stepped up and pointed his bamboo pole at Utakata near his face. "I understand your point of view, young man. However, you should also know that Suijin had served our cause. These people saved him, and yet while he didn't have to, he defended their land and even went out of his way to help free our people from the mines without any promise of reward. " the bear explained, standing up to Utakata. "I respect your dedication and reasons, but we need him and he has been nothing but honorable to us. So please, I ask you to reconsider your decision for now."

Chen held firm before Utakata, who was more than twice the bear's height. He was resolve to not let Utakata take Suijin away.

"And hey-- guess what? We are all stuck here because of that Thunder King jerk anyway! Lest you recall, that storm keeps anyone from leaving!" Vector chimed in as well.

"I can go under the water if I have to but--" He stopped, realizing Chen stared at him intently.

While he appreciated the others speaking up, Suijin signed and faced them all. "Listen, I appreciate the support from all of you. But let's make one thing clear here," Suijin spoke aloud. "There are many reasons I want to do this. The big thing-- is me wanting to knock the crown off the Thunder King's head. Everything else, is just a bonus to me. Regardless of my reason, I have no desire to back down and stop here. So Utakata, if you are so content to drag me back, it will be my corpse. Because I am going to finish what I started."

Utakata glared at the man, seeing how serious he was. Despite his words, there was a hint of honor in him. That much Utakata knew and seen on occasion. After a moment, the man relaxed. "Fine... I apologize. I am willing to put this issue on hold... for now," he added sharply to Suijin. "I shall assist you in freeing your people. As long as Suijin is true with his intentions, I shall have no problem assisting you. It IS after all, a core purpose of the Kamigawa clan."

"I am most grateful, sir Utakata," Chen said with a smile and lowered his staff.

"Oh, please-- don't go doing me any favors Utakata," Suijin commented snidly.

"Believe me, this is simply the best way to keep an eye on you..." the bubble monk said with a hint of a threat.

The tension still remained between the two mages-- till suddenly Kage grew his wings and flew between them. "Ere, see! We are all a big, happy family now. Let's try to stay focus and kill one another later, kay?" he meowed. "Save some bears, start a rebellion, overthrow a tyrannous dictator. Piece of cake!"

Suijin let it go. In the end, he had no intention to betray the promise he made to the Pandaren village.

"That may be harder than you think," Utakata added, his voice calm as he began to think.

WC: 682

Suijin Azurestorm
    Suijin Azurestorm

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Suijin Azurestorm 25th August 2020, 12:32 pm

Suijin listened as Utakata went on, his gazed narrowed at the monk as he saw a worried look on his face. Clearly he knew something he had to know as the others took interest. "When I arrived on this island, I arrived at the northern west part of it. From there, I saw a large city of stone. I had thought it was some kind of settlement, but what I saw was indeed not something to consider lightly. More of those stone dogs where there, but a variety of creatures-- trolls, stone golems, even reptillian ancient beasts with large jaws.."

As if to break the ice, Vector gave a few chomps of his own crocodile jaw, making the others look to him with an annoyed glare.

Utakata sighed as he continued. "Point is. They have an army, of great number and strength. And what do you have? A panda with a staff, an outcast, a mouthy crocodile, and a cat." Utakata said bluntly.

"I'm A NINJA-TIGER, jerk!" Kage growled, glaring at him.

Suijin didn't speak up but listened as he got the point pretty clearly, but Utakata, loving his own voice, continued. "The point is, we are not going to get anywhere with the strength and number we have. You liberated the village and its captives but what does that give you? Do you intend to put a weapon in each of their paws and march to the palace?"

"Sir Utakata makes a point," Chen Stormstout said, "And true, we wouldn't do something so reckless. Still, my people must work to grow stronger. To defend themselves. Without that drive, they will forever be enslaved. "

Suijin rose his head to the sky in thought as his arms remained folded. "True. While teaching t hem to fight is one good thing, bottom line is they cannot be expected to best the Thunder King's forces. We need an army. While I am sure it be fun to storm the keep myself but---"

"Why am I not surprise you say something like that?" The monk sighed.

Suijin glared daggers at the monk. "-- but I am not an idiot. We need more power than we have. The question is how," he finished.

There was a bit of silence as they gave this thought for a bit. However, then Chen spoke up. "Wait... the Shadowpan!" he said with cheerful tone.

"Right the Shadowpan! How could we not know the Shadowpan!" Vector voiced, his voice laced with a deep amount of sarcasm. Then finally, he spoke plainly. "... What is the Shadowpan?"

WC: 428

Suijin Azurestorm
    Suijin Azurestorm

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Suijin Azurestorm 27th September 2020, 6:30 pm

"The Shadowpan are a group of trained warriors from our history. Before the Thunderking came into power, there was a sect of Pandaren who trained in the art of self-defense and war to protect our land. They were skilled and disciplined. However, while they were strong against the Thunder King's earlier advances, they held fast against his forces, but he tricked them with an ancient curse used to trap the warriors within their temple. As a result, they been quiet ever since. "

"C-C-Curse?" Kage meowed, nervous at the sound.

Suijin rolled his eyes, realizing the exceed's one weakness when it came to this. Ghosts. The cat had a sense of superstition that made him catatonic at times. Pun intended, and it was embarrassing.

"Indeed. While the warriors were cursed, turned to stone-- what keeps the curse in place is the Sha-- the shadowy incarnations of regrets and negative emotion, feeding on their energies in that state. And because of this , the curse can only be lifted if the Sha are destroyed. Sadly, all those who dared to venture succumbed to the curse. " Chen explained, and another pause came across the group.

"But, if these 'Sha' were defeated, the curse would break and these warriors could help us?" Utakata asked, finding value in this information.

"INdeed." the panda explained. "But be warned. These are not creatures who you can easily fight. They feed on negative emotions. To attack with aggression or any kind of emotion these beasts can feed on, will only make them stronger...

The threat of the curse was nothing to jump in to recklessly. Still, they had no other options. With a shrug, Suijin sighed. "Alright, I'll do it. Might as well. If I can't beat a few lousy ghosts or whatever, how can I face this Thunder King?" he said.

Utakata turned away from Suijin. "Fine then. Still, we should consider alternatives... in case you die there," he added in a jibe.

"Oh, trust me... you are sooner to die before I do by the likes of these Sha," Suijin added in a jab to his rival. "Isn't that right, Kage? ... Kage...?"

The cat was slinking away with his wings as he silently floated away. "I think I hear my mother calling me..." he mewed.

Annoyed, Suijin merely reached over and took hold of the Exceed's scarf, preventing him from fleeing. The cat struggled, but the scarf held him tight. "RRRRR!! Come on! Not ghost-stuff! I don't do ghosts!"

"Bahahaha! Scardy Cat!" Vector bellowed, laughing and pointing at the cat.

"Now is not the time to be in fear of ghost stories. We need a plan, especially if this Shadowpan can't help for one reason or another," Utakata explained.

Suijin gave it some thought, all while still holding the struggling Exceed. "You are right. While I go fight some ghosts, you should stay and encourage these fluffballs to actually fight. If these Shadowpan can fight, why can't these villagers?"

"You expect these villagers to become trained fighters in a matter of days to face the Thunder King's forces? Even you can't be that reckless." Utakata asked.

"If we can have a small hand full learn to fight and spark a bit of courage in them, I find that more dependable than nothing," the dragon slayer added. "Even if we manage to beat the Thunder King, and have this Shadowpan help, they need to have the courage to stand on their own. They need to learn how to survive and fight for their own freedom. If not, some bastard will come and walk over them all over again. "

Utakata said nothing, realizing the rebellious traitor had a point.

WC: 616

Suijin Azurestorm
    Suijin Azurestorm

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Suijin Azurestorm 16th December 2020, 7:14 pm

As they talked, Kage continued to struggle and Vector continued to snort and restrain his laughter about his fear of ghosts. Still the issue remained, someone had to stay and train the Pandaren the need to grow stronger and defend themselves.

"I can do my part," Chen said, showing his willingness to help, "But still, not all will follow my example. We need others who are willing to show them the strength to seek freedom."

Utakata sighed as he realized he had no choice. "Very well. I shall stay behind and help sure up their defenses and teach them some basic magics. Since these are creatures of the earth, I imagine some Midian magic could be easy for them to pick up on." he agreed, willing to train them.

Suijin could agree to that, but soon he remembered the little Exceed tiger who was trying to scurry away. "Alright, then. Kage will help you," he offered on his behalf.

A soft 'mrow?' answered them as Kage stopped struggling, his wings no longer struggling. The Exceed stopped and turned around. "R-Really? " the cat asked.

While Suijin didn't like how his partner of an Exceed could be such a fraidy cat, he understood. He gave his Exceed friend a firm look. "I trained you, if you had forgotten. Now the student should become the master and train these Pandaren how to fight. If I can trust anyone to do so, it's definitely you. So it's okay if you sit this one out, IF you spend the t ime teaching them how to defend themselves. Okay?" he asked the cat.

For a moment, Kage's tough face soften to reveal watery-like cat eyes. "T-tsunami sensei..." he said, touched. It was then he soon changed his tune, puffed out his chest and smiled proudly. "YOu can count on me, sensei! I'll do you proud! I'll whip those fluffballs into shape faster than you can say shinobi!"

Suijin let him go with a smirk. He knew how to lit a fire under Kage's tail but loved it more when the cat actually appreciated it.

"Awww... how adorable. Well, good luck helping the panda people shape up!" Vector chimed in, careless.

Suijin started to walk in the direction of the mountains-- where the haunted monastery would be located. "Fine. We have no time to waste. Let's go Vector," the shirtless and long haired-man said.

"Sure, just--- HUH?!" Vector gasped, jaw open as he realized HE was now asked to go with him.

This time, Kage was the one to restrain himself from laughing.

WC: 428

Current date/time is 2nd May 2024, 4:03 am