Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

The Start of A Tail [Intro/Open]

Kumiko
    Kumiko

Player 
    Lineage : Lawmage's Word
    Position : None
    Guild : Fairy Tail
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 5,000

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

In Progress The Start of A Tail [Intro/Open]

Post by Kumiko 30th January 2020, 3:10 pm

MY STORY IS JUST BEGINNING

507 WORDS
    @TAGGED
    + BG MUSIC
    "Is this the place?" Tiny feet pattered in front of the esteem headquarters of the guild Fairy Tail. The young body they were attached to would gaze up at the building in amazement, stunned by how modern everything look. From what the salesman on the road had gave, she would have assumed that this would be some kind of old mansion that was falling apart or something. Kumiko looked back down at her map, halfway folded in the clutches of her left hand. The right hand was clutching a burger she had managed to convince one of the local stands to give it to her. Of course, it was kind of shady since she had told him that she was a mage here at the guild and she didn't have any money. While technically a lie, she was on her way to try and join the guild while asking for help if they could find her father. So it really wasn't a lie as much as it was "just delaying the truth" in a sense. To her, at least. The food was amazing here, much better than the dry bowls that she had eaten back at the shrine with the others. The child's stomach growled at the possibilities that awaited behind the closed doors of the restaurants and cafes here in Fiore! The tail of bright orange swayed to the side while she scarfed down the remaining bits of her "snack" and then wiped the remnants of it on her hand. "All ready!~" she told herself, hyping herself up for the introduction. They were important, after all.

The map was folded back into her pockets while the foxling would gaze up the door leading towards her goal. She wondered what kind of people would be inside. Hardened, grizzly adventurers who could help a poor girl in need? Or would they be the snobbish types that were all high and mighty? Only one way to find out!

The front door was pushed open to the guild hall, Kumiko walking inside partially. Every was fairly clean and looked like it was some type of normal gathering place. Benches, a bar, stairs, and whatever else would. The door creaked on its way back behind her, her ears twitching a little at the sound while the child would walk further inside. It was fairly empty, more so than what she would have though, but some people would be mulling around the interior of the hall. Eager to get on with the greetings, making sure that she looked presentable for the people in the building here. The child smoothed out her outfit, the traditional work clothing of a miko which had been altered to make room her her tail, and would approach.

"Ohayou~" Kumiko began, offering the those present a cheerful and energetic wave. Her tail swished and swashed behind her to sigal her current mood while the youth would proudly beam up at all those in her way. "Is this the Fairy Tail Guild Hall? I need your help with stuff!"
    WANNA BE A PART OF IT?
    Mura Kensho
    Mura Kensho

The Ghost Slayer

The Ghost Slayer

Regular VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Neutral Guild Ace- Dark Guild Ace- S-Rank- A-Rank- Halloween Social - Haiku Contest Participant- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Hero- Summer Special Participant- Player 
    Lineage : Pluto's Oathbreaker
    Position : God of Mettle
    Partner : Mythica
    Faction : The Luminous Covenant
    Guild : Fairy Tail (GM)
    Cosmic Coins : 155
    Dungeon Tokens : 21
    Experience : 10,355

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Spirit Completion Magic
    Second Skill: Onmyōdō
    Third Skill: Second Origin

In Progress Re: The Start of A Tail [Intro/Open]

Post by Mura Kensho 30th January 2020, 3:55 pm

”Zzz…”

The shaman was sleeping on the couch, again. It was becoming quite a habit of his lately, just fainting in the middle of the day as his body had decided to have a sort of ‘beauty sleep’ schedule… or more precisely a ‘life sleep’ if anything. Despite having gotten curious and worried eyes from the staff of the bar and the regular guests who helped themselves with the beverages, they seemed to have gotten used to seeing Mura snore his way into deep, warm dreams on the same couch every, single day.

While he slept, however, his two closest pals - Kyuken, the bluish spirit ball with samurai features, and Zirconis, the greenish spirit ball with dragon features - flew around in daze. “Arrrghhhhh,” Kyuken moaned, “It’s so boring in this time of the day! What’s with Mura’s sleep schedule, for he sleeps more than a sloth now…?” Zirconis would know a little more about the pressure on Mura as a leader, given that Zirconis himself used to lead spirits around Tenroujima Island before joining Mura’s side, but even he didn’t have an answer to the increased need for sleep to the Daionmyōji.

“Hey, let the man sleep… oh, hey, look over there,” Zirconis spoke up, directing Kyuken’s attention to the new entity who entered the guild hall full of spirit. This person was definitely new here, but both Kyuken and Zirconis recognized her features; fox-like tail and ears in a bright, yellowish nuance, and garments of a miko… yup, she was a kitsune. Another giveaway was her greeting with ‘Ohaiyou!’ which was Midian. Was she able to see the spirits’ forms with her eyes, however? They only assumed so.

“… Oooooh…” Kyuken exhaled, “She’s so pretty! And look at her tail, it’s so puffy and fluffy~! I want her! I wanna pet het! I wanna stroke her tail and ears and-“ Kyuken’s head was bit off by Zirconis’ jaws out of annoyance, and without wasting any time, the dragon ghost did what was needed and tried to wake up Mura. “Hey, Mura! There’s a guest here; she speaks-“

Zirconis was surprised to see Mura already woke and, oddly, in a cross-legged position with his eyes still closed. There was something intense about his posture… but he didn’t appear hostile at all. It seemed that he breathed in deeply, his breath under his full control, to refresh his body from the slumber before opening his eyes and gaze right into Kumiko’s.

“… Hai. This is Fairy Tail’s Guild Hall,” he spoke his first words to her, first saying the Midian word ‘hai’ to try and create a mutual bond of nationality between the two of them. He was found slowly elevating from his seat and approaching her whilst floating mid in the air on his cross-legged position, “I hope that I can be of assistance to what you’re in need of.”

“Since when did you get all straight-to-business like this, eh?!”

“Oh, would you give me a break, Kyuken! I’m really trying, this time…!”

WC: 505

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Themes:
    Kumiko
    Kumiko

Player 

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Kumiko 31st January 2020, 12:57 am

Thankfully there was a guy sleeping close to the counter where some of the seats were located. He wore his hair short and had some rather colorful things floating around by his head! Kumiko's eyes were immediately drawn to them while they would erratically move about around him. They spoke of high while she would wander a little bit closer to the two. Now that the fox was closer up to the two, she could make out the two shapes much better. Each was a different color: one being a nice blue-ish color while the second one would be more of a nice green color. Her small tail's swaying speed only increased while the child's eyes would follow their path. "Whoa! Spirits! Are you-" she began to launch a platoon's worth of questions at the two but was cut off just as soon as the green colored spirit would chomp off the head of the former blue spirit. Kumiko jumbled around her words a bit while processing this information. "Why'd you eat your-" she was interrupted yet again as the sleeping man suddenly sat straight up with his eyes closed. The foxling jumped in surprise, her ears and tail standing up straight. The latter of which would floof up, increasing its size as it now looked akin to a throw rug that had been tossed inside of the washer.

"Gah!"

As quick as he shot up, the man's eyes would open to face them, Kumiko on high alert while her tail shook on the end before swishing to the opposite side. Wait, was he...floating in midair?! That was so cool! How was he doing that? Was it some kind of magic? Or like one of those cool invisible couches? Wait, the mission! Why she was here! The girl was worried that her greeting had been met with some kind, but his greeting helped calm Kumiko's worries somewhat. He even greeted her similar like all of the Midian folk back home. A toothy grin came upon the child's face, her bushy tail regaining its former shape. "Oh! Great! I was worried I got the wrong house. I kinda thought this would be super old or something." Kumiko would stand on her tippy toes to match the man's height, puffing out her cheeks as she did so. It was only common courtesy after all! After a good minute of trying, she sighed and got a chair from nearby and sat down on it in a traditional style.

"My name is Kumiko." The foxling bowed her head to the man, a mannerism that had been drilled into her head since she could balance herself on her own two feet. She sat back up perfectly and would began to tale. "I guess I should start at the beginning. I'm a miko at a shrine in Midian with my Dad and other girls. He's not our Dad, but he's taken care of us for a super long time! We've been training for a long, long, long, long, long..." Kumiko counted each long on a separate finger, continuing until she exhausted all ten and would restarted again. On the 16th "long", she would mercifully end the torturous length of her description. "...long time. I wake up with him to do chores, but one day, he went missing. We thought that he was just away and didn't tell us, but it's been a few weeks now and we got worried." Kumiko placed a hand on her chest, her tail resting comfortably to her right side. "The others wanted to wait for him to come back on his own, but I volunteered to go out and try to find him. I've been walking around a lot now. I...kinda don't even know how I got here! But I came across this merchant guy in Era who told me that you could help! You're Fairy Tail, the super powerful mage guild!" A smile spread on the girl's face while the tip of her tail couldn't contain her elation. "So if anybody can find him, it's gotta be you!~"

Kumiko awaited the response she would gain before then continuing. "Even if you can't help, I wanna see if I can join. Dad taught me most of his magic after I kinda accidentally...swallowed his bright weird thing that people use to learn magic when I was a baby. But that just means I've got magic flowing through my body better. Do mages actually have that? Or is it like a pool of stuff inside of you that you can't see?" Kumiko pondered aloud for a bit before shaking her head and getting back on topic.

"But I wanna be a mage and help people and everything! I'm tired of just waiting in the wings for stuff to get better. I wanna be with everyone making the "better" happen!~" Kumiko looked energetic as ever, pumping her arms up. "I promise I'll be a good mage and follow the rules and everything. I'll fight and do the right stuff and clean around here and..." The girl rambled on and on, hoping that her pleas would be answered by the man and his spirits. "...and- Oh! Those spirits floating around you! Are you a Midian as well?~"
    WANNA BE A PART OF IT?

TWC: 1,379

Last edited by Kumiko on 10th June 2020, 12:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Mura Kensho
    Mura Kensho

The Ghost Slayer

The Ghost Slayer

Regular VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Neutral Guild Ace- Dark Guild Ace- S-Rank- A-Rank- Halloween Social - Haiku Contest Participant- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Hero- Summer Special Participant- Player 

Character Sheet

Post by Mura Kensho 31st January 2020, 4:21 pm

… Her bushy tail was familiar. Oddly familiar. Strangely, and strongly, familiar to a certain foxy member whom Mura used to know back in the days. He had a sudden want to hug the tail and brush his face with it, but he managed to swallow that want and stay composed. Seeing her trying to match his height when he was floating was funny, and it caused a small pearl of sweat to trickle down Mura’s forehead. He hoped that she wouldn’t overdo herself, for that could be harmful.

He bowed back at her greeting and got to know her name; Kumiko. A sweet name. A name of many meanings, like ‘forever’, ‘beauty’ and ‘child’. “Ah, Kumiko. Nice to meet you,” he replied politely. Then her tale began, for she had come to the guild hall because of a need for help for something.

She was a miko, that much was established the moment she entered, and she likely worked at a shrine dedicated to one of the main figures of godhood in Midi. Her Dad, whom she held high regard to and cared immensely about as if he was her real, blood-bonded father, had gone missing. And she had been out to try and find him, but Mura wasn’t so sure about why she had gone to Fiore other than the fact that a merchant told her that they could help… did that mean that she had been everywhere searching for him? Desierto? Bosco? Damn…

“I am pretty good at solving issues, if I may toot my own horn,” the shaman revealed to her with a slight amount of pride on his face, rubbing his nose with his index finger cockily, “And of course, we’ll definitely help you find your missing Dad-“ He was taken aback by her sudden proposal to join the guild herself, in which his eyes widened a bit more. Given her story, she had swallowed something bright that people used for magic… Mura could only think of some artifact that held magic power in it. A lacrima, of sorts… but were there even that many lacrimas in Midi? It was surprising to hear, but then again, he had been gone from Midi for a while.

“I think that what you’re trying to say is that you now have an object inside of you that empowers your already-existing pool of magic… a First Origin, as we call our natural source of magic inside our bodies,” he began to explain, “And yes, all mages have a pool of magic inside of them called that.” She was definitely more energetic than the average kid her age - wait, she must’ve been older than what he assumed; he wouldn’t fall for the trap of assuming a younger age for kitsunes than what they were, he knew their deal - so it was confirmable that she had swallowed a Lacrima. With such potential, she could wind up becoming a great member of Fairy Tail, and she even seemed highly eager and willing to join the guild, promising to follow the rules they have set for themselves and clean and stuff… Mura found himself lost at ‘cleaning’, for that meant that he wouldn’t have to clean the rooms and floors alone no more.

… His heart fluttered a little.

“W-Wait, that’s right. Kitsunes can easily spot other spirits,” Mura commented, “This is Zirconis, the green spirit who’s eating Kyuken, the blue spirit. Zirconis is a dragon, so just try and be respectful to him. Kyuken, on the other hand, is a depraved samurai; you can just be yourself around him.”

“Oh, thank you so much for that description!”
    “You shut it, pervert!”

“Yeah, you’re spot on. Sharp eyes there… I’m also Midian. My name is Mura Kensho, from Lower Midi-“

(Lower Midi = magic-less region, Upper Midi = full of magic)

“-and I’m also the Daionmyōji, and Guildmaster of Fairy Tail. Seeing you enter with a miko suit on brought me back to pleasant memories of my country.” Just to brag a little, he opened his palm and revealed five orbs; each one made of one of the five elements - wood, water, earth, fire, metal (in this case, iron). Any Onmyōji could perform shikigamis and seals, but only one could bend these specific elements to their very will.

“But yeah. It’s true that we at Fairy Tail have a set of rules that we’ve set for ourselves. For one, we don’t just treat each other as fellow members… but more like a family. Those members that I’ve spent the most time with here in my guild are among the closest to my heart, and they always will be. They’re members that I’ll give my life for, members that I’ll fight for with everything I’ve got. Our guild is old, and it’s been through many… strange trials in the past, so we prioritize each other as one over anything else, and we’ll never betray one another or put the guild in a bad light. Are you… willing to embody that? To embody the spirit that is Fairy Tail?”

Hoping that she got what he meant, and assuming her to oblige, he would snap his fingers and watch behind him as a clone of himself leapt out with a wooden box in his hands. The clone would give it to the floating, real Mura before running back to the elevator again and disappearing. Then, the shaman grabbed the handle and revealed the Crest Ink. “If you’re heart is sincere and doesn’t waver, then this Ink will be your life-long mark and reminder of your new family. And as I promised, I’ll try my very best to help you find your Dad again…”

WC: 950

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Themes:
    Kumiko
    Kumiko

Player 

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Kumiko 1st February 2020, 10:54 am

The tale of how she came to be in these lands far away from home must have stirred something within the man and his spirit companions. Kumiko's tale ended as she still wore her eager yet sympathetic smile on her young face. "I went to a ton of places. Of course, getting people to come with me after hearing about my Dad." The child's smile wavered, replaced with an expression of concern and weariness. For a single, brief moment, she appeared to have taken in the reality of what had happened to her so far. Both hands would be placed on her lap while Kumiko's ears drooped down. "To tell you the truth, I ran out of places to go. Nobody's seen him around anywhere, and I don't know where else to go. So that's why I came to you guys..." As quickly as the mood settled in, Kumiko would shake her head again and chew the inside of her cheek. "But I'll help as much as I can as well. I just wanna bring Dad home to everyone."

On a lighter topic, she was most interested in the explanation of magic that Mura had given. Of course her father had only really gone into the art briefly, explaining it once or twice to a child who barely paid attention to anything written on a page that wasn't the least bit interesting. But the man's words did, at least, strike up a curiosity within her. "A First Origin? I guess that kinda makes sense. So that thing I ate somehow just made me super powerful?" Kumiko asked, ears returning to their previous perky position. "That makes some sense. I guess I'll just have to get better at this and become the best mage the world's ever seen. Yeah!~ Maybe if I do, Dad will hear about me! Then he'll have to come out and find me." Hyped up on her own little course of action, her tail swayed back and forth while looking over towards her older friend for approval.

He introduced the two spirits which roamed around his body. The emerald colored one would be of a dragon no less, the foxling's eyes widening in surprise. She got to meet a dragon spirit no less! "Wow! A dragon! Were you super big? With wings and everything? It's such an honor to meet you, Mr. Zirconis!!!" Kumiko fawned over the spirit in question before Mura would introduce his companion, or at least the one who had just gotten eaten a few moments ago. Kyuken, on the other hand, would be much more relaxed interacting with, as Kumiko assumed that he was much more lax than the dragon spirit. Her tail spun a mile a minute, the girl impressed by the company he had found himself with. She offered a bow to both the spirits out of respect for Zirconis the dragon and...well, she wanted to make Kyuken feel the love as well.

But what really made her all the more eager to please was the introduction that the man gave. Mura was not only Midian like her, but the guildmaster of Fairy Tail itself! To back up these claims, he showed her the palm of his hands, effortlessly creating the five basic elements that most of her older sisters could do without a second thought. "I didn't think I'd meet another Midian coming here. I kinda just like the uniform. Most clothes are kinda uncomfortable because of the..." The child motioned to her more primal features, her ears twitching and her floofy tail continuing to sway side to side. She was just so excited that its normal routine of resting next to her was all but abandoned.

The topic changed to her wish of joining the guild, with Mura giving a brief lesson on what it meant to bear the seal of the guild on one's person. Kumiko listened intently to his words and would take them to heart. The sparks of ambition were on the rise in the girl's spirit. The more he spoke of it being a family, to sacrifice and never be led astray from one another. It made her feel at home. It reminded her a lot about how her father would speak to the girls at the shrine. After he finished speaking, he snapped his fingers as a clone was born from him. The second copy of Mura would hand a strange, old wooden box and then hurry towards the elevator, vanishing from sight. The box was opened to reveal the Crest Ink that would be applied to the miko. Kumiko nodded confidently and would raise the back of her palm to Mura to stamp.

"I promise I'll take good care of everyone in my new family, Guildmaster~"
    WANNA BE A PART OF IT?

TWC: 2109

Last edited by Kumiko on 10th June 2020, 1:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Mura Kensho
    Mura Kensho

The Ghost Slayer

The Ghost Slayer

Character Sheet

Post by Mura Kensho 2nd February 2020, 12:35 pm

He still had many a question about Kumiko’s magical conditions after having swallowed that orb-like thing that he assumed was some kind of Lacrima. She didn’t seem to have any worries about it, and given how long ago it must’ve been for a kitsune like her - who was more likely to have been a child a couple millennia ago if not for Mura’s obliviousness to her real age - she likely did swallow something that would have empowered her magic and made her ‘super powerful’. And yet… Mura knew how dedicated kitsunes were to magic, so why wasn’t her magical aura a tad denser and more polished? There was no way that she could be that new and unfamiliar with magic… no, no way…

Seeing her tail sway around did catch his attention again, and it sure also caught Kyuken’s eyes as well. The blue spirit ball had nested on it, and Zirconis sent veined, annoyed glances towards the mofumofu-obsessed ronin which barely phased the receiver. The dragon ghost replied quite kinder to Kumiko’s greeting than one would usually witness: “I-I’m flattered…”

Mura was quite flattered too. It would be once again after a loooooong while that another Midian were to join Fairy Tail. She appeared genuinely willing to join them, and no scents of worries or hesitations could be sensed. Maybe, though, it could be due to her upmost desire to find her Dad and gain their help in doing so, but Mura wouldn’t judge her on that. He would take her in, and then observe. The guild had its way with intertwining with people’s hearts.

That was why he, a wizard who also excelled her in Onmyōdō, wanted to keep an eye out for her. Not that he didn’t do that for everyone else in the guild, but… who knew, nationality much? Mura simply had an inner wish to watch over the little priestess after hearing her story.

The back of her palm was stamped. The ink sunk into the pores of her skin in a ticklish fashion before lighting up and becoming the symbol of fairies in her most essential color tone. This would help her identify other Fairy Tail members, and it could also help her focus and gather more magic power from her First Origin overtime. The light settling and revealing the perfect mark was a sign that she was true wizard material, and that she had a heart of gold that held no lies in its desire to be part of the family.

The Daionmyōji then laid a hand on Kumiko’s head and softly stroked her hair as he smiled brightly. “Welcome to Fairy Tail! And as promised, I’ll help you find your Dad… but I’ll need to ask; what kind of person is he, exactly? Maybe there’s a certain reason to his absence…”

He would say that while handing her a juicebox. Orange juice, for the energy boost that she likely needed.

WC: 490

Themes:
    Kumiko
    Kumiko

Player 

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Kumiko 3rd February 2020, 12:19 am

Her greeting to the emerald colored dragon spirit had gone fairly well based on reactions alone. The kind old dragon would say he was flattered by her sincerity and manners no doubt. Kumiko's tail swished in agreement with her current mood, unable to tell much of a difference of Kyuken, whom had taken up residence on her busy, orange colored kitsune feature. "My sisters back home will never believe them when I told them I met a dragon spirit! Oh, Tsuki is gunna be so excited! Junko might ask you a billion questions but she's always been super interested in them." She then recoiled her hand after the moist ink had left its impression on her palm. Kumiko turned it over to face her and glanced at it for a brief moment before raising it into the air, as if to put it on display for the entire world. It might have not been a big step at finding the whereabouts of her Dad, but this was a big step in terms of coming to trust others, after a decent amount of time being sheltered away from the world so far. "Thank you, Guildmaster!~ I promise I'll become the best mage Fairy Tail will ever know." He seemed just as happy as she was for whatever his own reasons maybe. Though the foxling didn't really assume that it was anything but eagerness to see a new member of the family that was his guild. What caught her interest next was when he asked about her father, to which she was happy to oblige.

"He was always super nice to everybody he came across. That's how he found most of my sisters. In fact..."

The child went on and on about her family, gushing about her "siblings". In total, there were roughly 13 other girls at the shrine where Kumiko had come from in Lower Midi. They all cared for one another and got along like one big happy family. Or at least one whose age range went from as young as 5 to as old was 19. It certainly made the days interesting, to say the very least. The child informed Mura, Zirconis, and Kyuken (should he be listening) of each and every single one. With some coaxing from Mura, Kumiko shifted the focus back onto her father after her five minute filibuster. "He wears his hair like super long. It's black and he usually ties it with some weird stuff he's had since he was a kid. When I was young, I used to pull on it when we went anywhere. He had it cut shorter but still long since then." While she went on and on about her father, a smile grew on Kumiko's face. Perhaps it was the fond memories or telling somebody else about the person who had made the most difference in her life thus far but it helped the girl feel slightly less anxious about her father's condition. Anything to really take her mind off of thoughts of him turning up in a state that was less looked forward to than being imprisoned far, far away.

The tale then swiftly became about what she knew of him. He was also a native to Midian, though having spent a good chunk of his life in Upper Midi. He had never fully said why he moved to a place so devoid of what he was accustomed to but Kumiko explained that she had thought that maybe it was due to the weather or something completely unrelated. In her mind, it made sense! "My older sisters know more about Dad than I do, I bet." Kumiko said as a matter of fact. She took a long sip of her orange juice box and would down the entire thing in only a few mouthfuls of pulpy goodness. "Oh! I forgot! He also wrote and read a lot of books about magic things. I used to play in his study and he would just read and read. I fell asleep in there a lot since there wasn't much to do. I tried reading what he was working on once, but didn't understand it. It was something about cures or something." She paused momentarily while pondering aloud.

"Do you think that's where he went? To go find a cure? I don't know what it would be for though..."
    WANNA BE A PART OF IT?

TWC: 2834

Last edited by Kumiko on 10th June 2020, 1:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Mura Kensho
    Mura Kensho

The Ghost Slayer

The Ghost Slayer

Character Sheet

Post by Mura Kensho 4th February 2020, 1:55 pm

Hmh… it was a rather large group of sisters who lived with Kumiko. He counted 13 others, and none of them seemed like a bad apple or anything close to that. Mura had to think things through very thoroughly in cases like these, for he was expected to help come to a conclusion… and he prayed that his conclusion may turn out right. He would need to know about Kumiko’s father figure, which had continued this conversation just now.

It took a while, after having gone through each and every sister (which Mura, Kyuken and Zirconis in total had memorized totally), that she went back to her father. He allowed her to talk through despite being overly excited to talk about her sisters - hey, Mura recognized this siblings’ love from his own heart - and now, he could get to know about her dad’s personal features. Super long hair, often tied. Talking about him brought her spirits up, visibly to the experienced shaman.

The father must’ve been somewhat adept at magic if he spent ‘a good chunk of his life in Upper Midi’. It was basically the focus area of wizards in Midi, whose percentage was bigger than in Fiore, so if they all were located there, imagine the density.

“He must’ve been quite an adept wizard himself,” Mura complimented. And an author too, her father figure had a lot on his hands. Although, it was when she mentioned cures that he got a thought.

“… Maybe. If, and only if, he is looking for a cure… do you think that he, or someone close to him, suffers from an illness or curse?” Man, curses were a pain in the ass to deal with; Mura occasionally got one thrown on him by butthurt rogue wizards who tried to throw one last middle finger at him before fainting, getting sent away by the Rune Knights, or straight up executed. However, Mura’s magic was strong enough to ward off the effects entirely, and only the marks remained.

That was when he held his chin in deep thought and came up with an idea. He grabbed a certain item that had been strapped to his left shoulder all along - the Agemaki - a small knot made of red and blue hay strings, and asked Kumiko to: “Stand still for a moment,” before tying it onto her left shoulder, “Just a little charm that I have that wards off curses and back luck. Won’t risk you wanting to look for a cure for yourself. Reminds me... uhhh… w-what kind of magic can you perform now? I don’t remember you telling me or showing any.”

WC: 442

Themes:
    Kumiko
    Kumiko

Player 

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Kumiko 5th February 2020, 1:08 am

Even if but brief, the recollection of her family brought the foxling immense joy that would last for quite some time. She gooshed about each and every one of her sisters, giving enough details that by the end of each description, Mura and his spiritual companions could have written an book on the entire family structure. After some amount of thought egging her into the topic of her father, Kumiko would tell the guildmaster all about the man. Her description was a bit brief, but the details were enough to get a good picture on where to start with the whole ordeal. "Yep! If anybody was hurt or anything, he would be the first to help. Dad's why I wanted to join too. I wanted to help people just like him." The base reason was childish, though a noble cause. Her tail swayed faster from side to side, giving the perverted samurai a good ride (which she still couldn't really tell was on) from touch alone. She had practically binge read most books about all the great heroes of old, at least for her age group, who would risk life and limb just to save the world from anybody who would threaten the balance of things. So who was to say some weird fox girl kid couldn't do just that? Stranger things had happened in the world, after all. Like that time all those weird things were attacking people in the summer. Come to think of it, that was every summer!

Mura talked briefly on him, commenting on his magic to his younger guild intern. The girl's fingers would continue to trace over her guild tattoo, still excited to be a part of such a wonderful family. It was just another group of people it would fall under her to protect. His train of thought was something that only seemed plausible to Kumiko when somebody else told it to her in front of her face. She furrowed her brows in thought, thinking about the proposed reason. It definitely made sense now that she took a minute to actually think it through. "Yeah, maybe. But nobody was really sick or anything. At least not that I knew. My sister's weren't sick...No, Katsumi was sick!...but that was just a flu. But that's a super good point, Guildmaster, sir! He definitely left because something happened." Kumiko would continue diving around in her memories for clues that could help the investigation, but there really wasn't much in terms of useful or relevant information so far. The farthest back she could remember was a memory of him carrying her to bed after getting frightened one night from a terrible nightmare. While her ears flattered against her head in frustration, Mura would reach over and instruct her on not to move. Kumiko was happy to oblige by doing just that. When he took his hands away, a small multicolored knot hung from her shoulder, being secured by a knot there. Her eyes traced across the strange item as she smiled. "Thank you! I don't think I'm sick, but just in case." The kitsune continued to dive in her memory bank but nothing came of it.

"My magic?" Kumiko repeated the question asked of her. She cupped a hand and would focus on a little show for Mura and Zirconis (and Kyuken, wherever he was). A sphere of light would grow in her hands, a bright, white color surrounding the shape just as the child would practice on controlling it around her. Mura also might notice that the magic aura that should have been around her by now would be much more present. In fact, it was pretty dense when the orb of magic was out, probably a state meant for somebody twice her age. Yet it was being held back by something. A seal that was placed on her, as if to limit the amount of magic she could produce or gather. The child would end the sphere by closing it between two hands...and then reopening it to show several flickers of light, dancing across her palm. The display was certainly eye catching, as she had a pretty good control of her magic all things considered. Consider it a perk of swallowing a magical item from a young age. Maybe the boy might also notice the kind of light magic it was. While still of the light element, Kumiko's magic was much more than just that.

"Light Magic~ It's pretty cool, huh? I always used to be good at it since eating that lacrima thing. Oh, I can also do this." Kumiko looked over at the lights overhead and opened her mouth, inhaling through it. The lights above would begin to flicker, as the light coming from the source would glow a bright, sparkling color and flow into the child's maw. The more of the energy she ate, the denser her magical energy became. After a few seconds or so, she ended her meal and the lights returned to their steady flickering status quo."Pretty cool, huh?~" she said, hoping it would answer any questions that Mura might have. "I'm not good at healing, but I wanted to learn that eventually too. Dad said you could never have too many healing spells." She thought back to all the advice he had given to her, especially how his roomed used to smell. He burned incense normally so it reeked of peculiar scents. Kumiko even missed that annoying wind chime that sat above his door. How it used to go off when it was windy, especially that one night when...

All of a sudden, something connected. A click!

"I just remembered!" Kumi exclaimed, her ears perking back up on top of their head and she was pleased to even recall something that normally would have just seemed so innocuous. "The night before he disappeared! I was there with him in the middle of the night. I woke up because I heard him shouting and wanted to see what was happening. There wasn't much of anything but I do remember..." she winced. "Th-There was a knife. And it had this strange stuff on it. Like leather or some kind of moldy, red stuff on it." Kumiko paused, biting her lip at the next part. Her tail visibly shuddered at the memory. "I...We hugged and I could smell blood. He tried to hide it, but I could tell. That's all I can remember though. Just that awful smell..."
    WANNA BE A PART OF IT?

TWC: 3341

Last edited by Kumiko on 10th June 2020, 1:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Mura Kensho
    Mura Kensho

The Ghost Slayer

The Ghost Slayer

Character Sheet

Post by Mura Kensho 10th February 2020, 1:38 pm

Huh… something new must’ve happened with her Dad. That must’ve meant that something bad happened to him, since he clearly didn’t inform his shrine maidens whom he saw as his daughters. If that was true, then all of this must’ve been this Dad’s way of warding off any dangers from his daughters, and it quite possibly had to do with another wizard or entity of magic, since she did mention that he was very adept and dedicated to magical topics back in Midi. What Mura couldn’t imagine was the reason why anyone would endanger a priest and his shrine maidens; it seemed farfetched given his origins.

She appeared to have accepted his Agemaki with a shining smile. Mura returned the smile just as brightly.

Her magic was bright and light in nature as she conjured an orb of photon. Mura and Zirconis watched from up front while Kyuken still stayed inside her tail. The orb was manifested by her much stronger magical aura, and Mura could definitely see her kitsune heritage play out here. Maybe the lacrima that she stated to have eaten so long ago had an effect, too.

Quite a light show, but it was her next trick that shocked Mura. She… she opened her mouth in a veeeeeeeeeeeeeery familiar fashion to a certain couple of wizards in this guild and its history, and she began causing the lights above to flicker.

“D-Dangit, for a second I thought that I caused an error with the lamps!”
    “Is she breathing in air or…?”

“… P-Pretty cool,” Mura replied with a rather dumbfounded voice, “I… it makes more sense now. The lacrima and all… Kumiko, did you k-“

He was cut off quick by Kumiko suddenly having remembered something worth the investigation. It involved nighttime, shouting, and a knife covered in what could only be assumed to be blood of some sorts. The way she said it, too… leather, and moldy. It was likely stained blood from a recent but absent murder scene, hence the blood drying on the knife and giving it the leathery nuance. That must’ve been terrifying for Kumiko.

“I… that must’ve been a frightening moment,” the shaman spoke, lowering his head a little in compassion, “… Hmh…” Kumiko’s memory was rather faint, but there was one, key detail that Mura would have to keep in mind for later; she remembered the awful smell of someone’s blood - mind you, Mura wasn’t dead set on the blood’s owner yet, for it was fifty fifty the Dad’s or whoever was there with him that night - but if Kumiko held this memory, then she could use it to reveal more in the future…

Maybe she didn’t know it, but she had more hope in finding her Dad than she, perhaps, thought earlier.

“This might be tough for you, but can you do me a favor?” Mura asked, letting his floating feet hit the ground and straightening his back up in an authoritative manner, “The smell… that awful smell from that night with your Dad… try and remember just how awful it was. Remember, and then keep on to that memory for now.” She was, as the fluffy tail and twitchy ears of a canine clearly gave away, a kitsune; and kitsunes had canine traits like a very, very good smell. “Maybe one day, you’ll recognize the smell and find out more… you must be tired by now, so you can wait with taking any requests from the quest board for tomorrow. Right now, I suggest you take a nap.”

With a last headpat, the shaman deemed the conversation done and floated back to his bench a few meters back, laid on it, then snored his way into dreams.

WC: 620

Themes:
    Kumiko
    Kumiko

Player 

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Kumiko 13th February 2020, 12:09 pm

The Agemaki hung off of the girl's left shoulder, Kumiko toying with it a little by pushing it it with her right hand every now and again. She had heard of them before, notably with her sisters when they weren't feeling right or were ill, but never actually wearing on herself. Maybe she was just lucky that way? Her excitable tail waved around with the samurai inside of it though she was still none the wiser to whatever antics he may be while inside of it. No, the midian was much too proud of the little spectacle she had given to her awaiting audience, beaming widely at the guildmaster. "Yep! I'm super powerful, I bet~" she said in a playful tone, snickering to herself. For some reason the three seemed fairly surprised by it, though Kumiko really had very little clue of what they actually were thinking. To her, it was just a lacrima or something, as she likely figured that she was just a really exceptional mage for her kind. Humble brags!

When they shifted back over to her father, Mura would ponder to what he figured would be the most crucial evidence. Poor Kumiko would still be affected by the memory that had popped up after a sudden resurgence had brought it to light. Her tail shivered at the memory of what the scent was like. A strong, metallic one but that wasn't just everything yet. She chewed the inside of her cheek (while Kyuken would hopefully not be getting too comfortable) and awaited the guildmaster's response. When he thought more, she swallowed hard. "There was another smell kinda..." she said, her ears falling flat against her head. "It was blood, but, something else was there. It was...like, uhh..." she stammered, trying to think of a good way to explain what kind of scent had been coming off of her father back during they last time she felt his arms around her. In a way, she sort of felt sad that it was like it it would be the last time for a while, and it definitely had been. But if anybody could get to the bottom of things, it was Fairy Tail! "I...don't know how to describe it. It was like something bad. Not like blood or anything. Just like rotting. Like death. Like when you leave food out for too long. Do...you think he knew I could smell it?" Kumiko asked, looking up at the floating guildmaster who would touch the ground with some words of encouragement. They were strange, asking her to try and remember the putrid smell that was with her father that one day. She wanted to throw up even just recalling them but reluctantly nodded her head after a moment or so of hesitation. But then came another request from him.

"A nap?!"

Kumiko looked up at Mura in surprise while he more or less ordered her to refrain from picking jobs on the board for the day, and instead to use it to rest up. She responded by pouting at the guildmaster. Her tail flicked in a pattern that was a bit more aggressiveness now. It remained stationary for a moment with the body creating a U-shape before being tossed to the opposie side which created the same kind of shape. "B-But I'm not even tired! I can do like 30 missions and still be ready to do more. That's no fair!" Mura gave her another head pat, the girl unable to help but lift her ears at the feeling and watch as he made his way back on the couch and quickly fall asleep. Like most her age, the girl puffed out her cheeks and would stomp over towards the couch opposite of Mura near the fireplace. She mumbled some words underneath her breath while focusing on his words before. "Gotta focus on the scent. Remember what it smelled like." She closed her eyes and did her best to remember the smell and the little intricacies of the room that were her father's study. A few minutes went by, and Kumiko would be out like a light. The child was leaning on her side in a deep asleep after her long and trecherous journey to Fairy Tail.
    WANNA BE A PART OF IT?

TWC: 4048

Last edited by Kumiko on 10th June 2020, 1:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
    SeaGlass
    SeaGlass

Dragon VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Dragon Slayer- Neutral Guild Ace- Halloween job event participant - Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Novice [250]- Summer Special Participant- Player 
    Lineage : Wings of Winter
    Mentor : Nessa Cordelia Lux
    Experience : 1,572,642

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Ice Dragon Slayer
    Second Skill: Ice Dragon Slayer
    Third Skill:

Post by SeaGlass 1st March 2020, 12:14 am

Arcadia startled awake at her desk, her heart sinking as she saw how much paperwork was still left to catch up on. She couldn't remember exactly how long she had at work before she nodded off. Rubbing her faerie green eyes, she grabbed a sip of her now cold tea. It would be nice if there was a spell that did paperwork. She did have a fun little wand that could be used , but that would only hold the pen magically. All her paperwork would still have to filled out one document at a time.

There was no real way around it, but to do it the hard way. It was time for another snack though, and so she got to her feet, and headed downstairs. For one, she actually used the stairs. She smiled and waved to Mura, and also noted the napping Kumiko. Someone new to greet, but another time, there was no need to wake Kumiko. The barefoot slayer instead tapped into her dimensional scissors, opening a portal back to her office. She reached in to retrieve a gift basket full of Fairy Tail swag and some treats. She smiled to the new member and scampered n to the bar to nab a juice for herself. With juice in hand, she disappeared back into a portal to her office.

The Start of A Tail [Intro/Open] 3FQiytD

**☆Arcadia's Theme (as discovered by Mura)☆**:

Current date/time is 15th May 2024, 5:41 am