Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Talking about Royal Risks...

Kitalpha Aurence
    Kitalpha Aurence

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Player 
    Lineage : Infernal Hellblaze
    Position : None
    Guild : Silver Wolf
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 1,650

Talking about Royal Risks... Empty Talking about Royal Risks...

Post by Kitalpha Aurence 30th November 2019, 6:41 am

[job info tbe]

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Kitalpha Aurence
    Kitalpha Aurence

Talking about Royal Risks... Empty Re: Talking about Royal Risks...

Post by Kitalpha Aurence 30th November 2019, 6:42 am

Tired footsteps plunged through the fresh snow as Kitalpha dragged the man along. Her footsteps made the carpet of white ice crunch softly underneath her feet as she dug deep holes into them trying to move ahead. The heavy breathing against her back issued her to move with more caution, knowing the man’s injuries were more severe than they had first appeared. His voice was raspy as he tried to say something, but the blonde warrioress kept on silencing him over and over again, telling him to spare his breath for when they were to arrive at the guildhall. For once she cursed her misguided sense of direction even more than before, and had resorted to tapping into her cursed heritage to find her way to the guild; now she was exploiting the powers of her curse her sense of both sight and smell had increased, as was her stamina, but she knew far too well that she couldn't show this to the injured man. Or rather, she didn't want to. Aside from having started to trust her guildmates she was still iffy on trusting strangers, afraid of their reaction to her being. It pained her to not be able to turn around and check up on the man dangling half across her shoulder, but her self-inclined fear trumped said pain even more so. She'd be trusting on her senses to keep in touch with his worsening condition, all the while not turning her head even the slightest to look upon him. The knight did not argue in the slightest, albeit this probably having been the cause of his dwindling health and consciousness.

It had been quite randomly that Kitalpha had stumbled upon the man; a knight clad in full armor, sporting signs of heavy combat. Scratches and dents covered his armor, his face disheveled and exhausted, eyes barely opened to view the world around him, and a large, gaping hole in the side of his chest. It was said hole that had caused her to notice his presence, or rather, the blood gushing from that wound that had done so. Kitalpha’s bloodlust reigned supreme over all her senses, and the smallest of blooddrops were made aware to her once they spilt from their vessel; much to her dismay. The bloodlust was a negative side-effect of her curse, one which is active 24/7 and easily sways her willpower to give in to the temptation of the hunt. But giving in too had grave consequences, especially during those moments where she’d lose herself to the bloodlust and turn primal; friend nor foe would be left untouched by her need to kill, nor was she, if her curse were to manifest after the spilling of blood. She'd made a rash mistake in closing the man's wounds with the means of her torch and sword-- as her magic’s healing factor wasn't enough to overcome the gravity of his wounds. It had stopped the bleeding but left the man nearly devoid of any stamina he had left. And she knew all too well what would happen if he were to fall unconscious in the freezing blizzard that tormented the Phoenix Mountains at this very moment. It's why she had to make haste. If she could reach the guild the man could be saved… but she was no fool in thinking he would in fact make it. Said chance was rather small. As such she realized when the pace of his heartbeat staggered and started showing abnormalities against her back. The man wouldn't last much longer. ”Hey! Hold on for just a bit longer, we're almost there…. it's not much longer!” she spoke in a loud voice, and heard the man mutter something into her ear. She couldn't quite understand it. ”Sshhh, save your breath, stranger. Don't waste it on useless words.” Kitalpha ushered, ignoring the man as she picked up the pace a bit more. She felt him moving, almost struggling upon her back, and tightened her grip on his body. She wouldn't lose him. Not if she could help it.

For that same reason, having underestimated the knight's resolve, did she startle quite badly when his hand suddenly grabbed her shoulder quite powerfully. ”Put. Me. Down.” His voice commanded, so demanding even that Kitalpha promptly halted her thread and looked back at him, having deactivated her cursed features the moment he ordered her to put him down. She could feel the cold metal of his armored grip burn into her bare skin, but at the same time she could feel it weakening again. He was forcing himself. Swiftly Kitalpha put the man down against a nearby tree that somewhat covered them of the raging snow. He stared at her with strangely clear eyes, leaving the blonde at awe for his resilience. ”Young one… m-my time… is… limited. I have… a request to…. ask of you.” Struggling he tried to fiddle with the belt of his swordsheat, managing to undo it after some time. Kitalpha didn't help him as he struggled, knowing he wouldn't appreciate the gesture if she had. The knight's hands trembled as he held up the sword and reached out towards the blonde, but she noticed how his eyes lit up as he gazed upon it. ”This sword. Take it… to Ministrel. To Bohemond's…. coronation. He… needs-” she could see the life in his eyes flickering like a candle in a windy room, and grabbed the sword with one hand to support it. Looking the man straight in the eyes she nodded softly, yet resolutely. ”I will. It doesn't matter how, but I'll do it.” Kitalpha said. The man smiled weakly. His breathing grew laboured and heavy. ”Soon… danger… Tell Bohemond… I… fail-” The condensed air evaporated for the last time as the man exhaled deeply, slumping as his grip let go of the sword he'd left in Kitalpha's care. The knight was no more. Kitalpha felt how her heart grew heavy, and closed the man's eyes slowly. ”You didn't fail, stranger. I will continue your quest so you may succeed even after leaving this place.” Kitalpha whispered, tightening her grip around the sword. She rose from her crouched position and stared upon the man a few moments more, in silence, amidst the raging storm. Even in all this chaos, the silence she heard was deafening. The sword was brimming with energy within her hand. Closing her eyes shortly, Kitalpha inhaled deeply and turned around, leaving the man's lifeless body be as she made her way towards the guild in silence. It would take her some time to reach the building, but it was time she would use wisely. To reflect upon what she was to so now. The unknown knight had left her with a task. A task she was bound to complete, by honor bound.

~~ * ~~ * ~~ * ~~

The way towards the guild she walked in silence, her grip never weakening during the entire trip. Something forced her to keep holding on to the sword with all her might, and as she was not one to go against this instinct, the blonde did not. When the building appeared at the horizon; when she stepped into its doorway and made her way towards her room. Kitalpha did not utter a single word. Did not offer a single greeting or gaze upon her guildmates or the guests present. Her ignorance was keen, and once she was in the safety of her room did she finally allow herself to let go of the sword, putting it on her bed as she sat down. A deep sigh escaped her body as she stared upon it, letting her hand run down the sheathe. A certain pressure loomed over her as she did, and she couldn't seem to shake the feeling. Annoyed by the matter Kitalpha got up and left the sword be, undressing and getting underneath the shower for a long soak from which she actually didn't want to return. She couldn't shake the feeling that she'd taken on a task that might prove too difficult for her alone to handle, yet she had no idea whom she could depend upon if she were to ask someone for help regarding this matter. She didn't want to jeopardize anyone's life by involving them in something that wasn't even their business in the first place...

When she returned from her shower, wet towel still draped over her head, the warrioress took hold of the weapon yet again, giving it a proper look now she was in the safety of her guild's territory. Her hand grasped the handle softly and pulled. The sword unsheathed smoothly, and without a sound revealed the rainbow-colored blade that seemed to reflect the light as if it were made of glass. Baffled Kitalpha gazed upon the sword, wondering what mysteries it held, and swung it around. It felt light within her hand. Balanced. Somehow looking upon it made her smile, and her smile reminded her of how happy the knight had looked when gazing upon the sword. Now she understood why. For some reason however, did the sword remind her of Leila Vergious, a fellow guildmage and her former guildmaster. The one reason for which she had joined Silver Wolf. She wondered how she was doing these days, having left for Eden a second time. This time however, she wouldn't be devastated by her sudden leave. No. This time around she wouldn't be going into seclusion to find out what she wanted to do exactly, how to live her life, and to realise she couldn't do things on her own. The guild was her home, and she wouldn't be abandoning it a second time. She couldn't, because she'd finally started to learn how to depend on others. And it was having a bigger impact on her than she'd actually bargained for.

So first things first. She'd have to find out a bit more about this sword, and about Ministrel. And there was a specific person that came to mind when it pertained knowledge. Knowing she couldn't quite go around with a sword in hand to search the guild for her guildmate, Kitalpha opened one of her gates and stored the sword in it for safekeeping. She then exited her room in search for the keeper of knowledge, and wandered around the guild's hotspots, hoping to find the masked man near one of them... even though she had an inkling as where to find Yuvon. And that feeling seemed to be quite right, as she picked up his scent near one of the more private, member-only hotsprings that the guild counted along their onsen. Slipping into the private quarters she followed the ettiquette needed to enter the onsen, and once having finished preparing proceeded with towel in hand. "Uhm, excuse me, Yuvon?" Kitalpha asked softly into the steamy room, poking her head around the corner of the outdoor onsen. She'd learnt not to be pushy after a certain encounter way back when, and to definitely not act rashly.... yet she was still tempted. Especially when spotting Yuvon a bit further in, the big smile on her face betraying she was thinking of kinds of mischief. But she refrained from it for now and moved on ahead without any shred of shame, her hair just about conveniently covering everything that needed covering up until she reached the onsen and carefully got into the water. Kitalpha laid the towel behind her and got comfortable about a meter or two away from the masked man, visibly enjoying the warmth of the water. "Sorry for the sudden interruption of your morning routine, but there's something I need your help with, seeing as you're the most knowledgeable person I know here in Silver Wolf and such," Although this was true, it wasn't the entire truth as to why she'd chosen to come to him with this issue. The man had been one of the few people she actually felt comfortable around, and he'd been very accepting of all her odd moments too, which was something that had helped him earn her trust far faster than normal. The first man she trusted this much that wasn't family might as well have been him. Sometimes it even made her feel strange, a feeling she couldn't quite put into words. "Well, uh… it has to do with Ministrel, and this particular sword. Do you know a lot about Ministrel?" she asked softly, hoping he would.

The sword Joyeuse:

[2079 || ???]

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Yuvon
    Yuvon

Player 
    Lineage : Victor's Descent
    Guild : Silver Woof
    Experience : 7,640

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Memory-Make
    Second Skill: Deep Dragon Slayer (2nd Gen)
    Third Skill: Antique Dragon Slayer (2nd Gen)

Post by Yuvon 9th December 2019, 2:36 pm

- ”I am glad to see you again, Iqbal.”
    - “… I can’t believe to see you here; of my list of all people that I suspected, you weren’t even on it.”
    - “How about it? Clearly, you don’t hate me, for I can see compassion surge through your eyes. And your eyes never lie.”
    - “…”
    - “I’ll accept your silent response as a confirmation. Tell me, Iqbal, do you think any less of me because of this kaste of mine that you have found out?”
    - “… I-I…”
    - “You know, a crown prince doesn’t need such pitiful indecisiveness in his heart-“
    - “S-Shut up, already! I always hated your toxic replies! That’s why your kind-“
    - “But yet, you don’t really care about my kaste anymore. Don’t fool yourself; you hate me for my sharp tongue that I’ve spent decades grinding, and not for the parents that the heavens and the earth chose for me without my consent. So… are you going to keep lying to me, to yourself, and to everyone who’s with you and supports you?”
    - “… I… okay. You win. I honestly forgot everything about you being a chandala. A chandala, and it doesn’t even bother me…”
    - “You have gained a taste of true insight. To look beyond kastes, but first and foremost to lay down your pride and cleansing your eye sockets. What can you see, Iqbal?”

Man, this book held a powerful ending to it. Yuvon was flipping through the pages in the onsen, pleased by the temperature of the water that soaked his skin, when a familiar voice - that of Kita - reached his ears. “… Huh?” he let out curiously and turned his head to spot her poking her head out from the corner. A slight fluster hit his face, but… perhaps she just needed some help with something. He could help with a lot.

He still wore his golden mask, however. Always.

And then, she moved out, revealing her birthday suit right in front of his eyes melting behind the holes in his mask. His breath grew heavier as she approached, coming to a stalemate when she dipped into the hot waters only a couple meters away from him. His mask was heating, for this was rather extreme for such a respectful woman like Kita. He had always thought of her to be a brave type given her behavior and norms, but this was… Woah.

His cheeks only flamed even more when she asked for his help, complimenting him as ‘the most knowledgeable person I know here in Silver Wolf’. He lowered his head in humility as his face turned red. “A-A-Anything to help and all… no, really, I-I insist to do my best,” he responded with a few stutters. He wasn’t embarrassed or anything - okay, yes, a little bit - but his heart fluttered at the thought of Kita, butt-naked, sitting near him in an onsen. This was akin to a scene in one of the novels that he read…

Then the sword appeared. Yuvon had to look at it for a second before his jaw almost dropped. “T-That’s Joyeuse! But why do you have it?” he asked curiously, suddenly remembering her request, “I-I mean… Joyeuse, yes, it truly is. I can feel its radiance, and it’s similar to back th- s-similar to what I’ve read about.” He had to recollect himself before continuing: “I do know a lot about Minstrel, actually… urgh, it’s my home country. A society of selfish, roaring monkeys wearing red and blue and calling it art. Making up new words and thinking themselves dignified. The nerv-… s-sorry. Minstrel is, shortly, a very pomp and splendor country. That sword is said to have pieces of the Lance of Longinus, Durendal, Curtana and other Minstrelian regalia. It was wielded by King Charlemagne and was often called the ‘Sword of Coronations of Kings’. There’s a few ancient songs and sagas from Minstrel telling about the sword and its use by King Charlemagne… but it hasn’t revealed any magical powers, despite its aura. Charlemagne himself never performed any supernatural accomplishments with it.”

WC: 689

Kitalpha Aurence
    Kitalpha Aurence

Post by Kitalpha Aurence 31st January 2020, 11:09 am

She couldn't help but chuckle when Yuvon's body language changed from a relaxed and curious form to one overthrown by sudden embarrassment when she walked towards the hot spring in nothing but bare skin. Even when he averted his gaze, staring at the water instead of her, she couldn't help but feel flattered. If anything, she would've sworn he was blushing madly about seeing her like that, if it weren't for the mask hiding his face from her curious eyes. While she was quite sure most ladies were to have at least a bit of shame, she secretly revelled in the reactions she extracted with her daring actions… although this kind of actions were limited to a specific audience. His humility at the situation apart, Yuvon did show his interest in her request, and seemed eager to help her out. So she didn't take long after her explanation to conjure one of her Gates directly above the onsen; a golden circular ripple in space brought forth the handle of the sword she'd received from the dying knight, and pulled it out entirely. Once the sword's tip had broken contact with the circle the ripple started fading, disappearing in its entirety almost instantly.

Holding the sword above the water's surface she sat up straight, flipping it so it now laid horizontally within her palms, and outstretched her arms so Yuvon could take a better look at it. Much to her surprise she saw Yuvon's eyes- or rather, the mask's eyes, widen as if he recognised the sword. Something that was confirmed moments after as he called the weapon by name, leaving the blonde in awe for both the man and the weapon in her hands. Her eyes brushed over the multi-colored surface of the blade before they pinned themselves unto the masked Ministrelian, who had claimed every ounce of her attention as he spoke and explained about his nation of birth, their actions, and how he viewed them himself. By the looks of it Yuvon seemed all but fond of Ministrel, yet the sword itself was something he did seem in awe for himself, something she shared with him. Joyeuse had piqued her interest, and Yuvon had been her key to unlocking its name and history. It had been a wise choice for her to bring it to his attention… and perhaps even wiser if he was willing to accompany her on the request the dying knight had uttered in his final breath.

"I see… so this is Joyeuse? It's beautiful." Kitalpha spoke softly, and extended her arms further so Yuvon could take the sword if he so wished. Regardless of whether he would take it or not, the blonde's thoughts always strayed back to the dying knight's words when looking at the sword. Who was this Bohemond the knight had mentioned? Important enough for the man to relay that he had failed… "This sword. Joyeuse. It was left in my care only this morning actually… I was just doing my morning routine when I came across a wounded man on the mountain's flanks, but he didn't make it. Died halfway to the guild, but not before telling me that I had to return the sword to what I presume to be its owner back in Ministrel. Someone going by the name of Bohemond. Does that ring a bell for you?" she asked, returning the sword to its storage space for the time being. It'd be safer there. She fell back in silence awaiting his reply, but would realise soon enough that the request was not one she'd have the liberty of waiting with. Heading out to Ministrel as soon as possible to return the sword to Bohemond was the next step after this moment of leisurely relaxation. There was little choice in the matter after all… so she should better ask him now. "Yuvon… how would you feel about accompanying me to return Joyeuse? Ministrel's rather far and you know how bad I am with directions and such, plus it'd be great if I could depend upon a guide that knows their way around the country and its laws, and-" The blonde kept on rambling, eventually even bringing up reasons that had nothing to do pertaining her apparent quest, until she slowly dipped down into a shy spell and grew embarrassed. "And, y'know, it'd… I'd really like it if you came along." she admitted softly sinking further down into the water until it reached up her lips. A soft blush colored her cheeks as her eyes shifted across the surface. This wasn't something she often did, asking someone to accompany her merely because she enjoyed their company rather than their use during the journey… and to admit it on top of that, was certainly an embarrassing feat for the young huntress.

[802 || 2881 of ????]

Yuvon
    Yuvon

Player 

Character Sheet

Post by Yuvon 26th February 2020, 11:54 am

That sword looked as colorful as… well, despite his heritage, he had never seen the sword in person. It was held in high regard as regalia usually were, but that only begged the question; what was Lady Kitalpha doing with it? How did she come into possession of it? It was a scary question to think of when taking into account its status in Minstrel… he would never accuse her of being a thief, and she clearly didn’t hold such qualities of one either. Kita was as honest as one could be, and that trait resonated within the entire guild of theirs. Clearly, she must’ve experienced a scenario where the sword could have… maybe, just maybe…

Then her explanation cast more light to the situation that led to her possessing the sword. A wounded man near the area in the mountains here was found by her, and he was on the quest to return the sword to its owner in Minstrel. The wounded man must’ve, no doubt, been a musketeer… and the name Bohemond…

Shit, fuck, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, shit, fuck, hell, oh god no, oh hell fucking no, curse it all!

It all made so much sense now! The nerves of his treacherous and phallic family! How much were they going to excess the laws of nature and birthright? How much were they going to talk- no, you couldn’t even call it talking, the incomprehensible words coming from their mouths could make Yuvon vomit!

For context… he merely thought first of his brother. Bohemond. A wounded man who was going to bring Joyeuse to him… for a coronation. Yes, it was definitely for a coronation; the sword was almost never showcased to any other event than that of crowning a new king… which meant that the previous king must’ve passed away, since no one in Minstrel would gladly give away their titles and positions.

A dead courier must’ve meant that someone was trying to stop this coronation at the cost of losing Joyeuse to potential street marauders. Thank god that Kita was there… but for Yuvon, the guess on those responsible could be LITERALLY ANY NOBLE IN MINSTREL WHO HELD A GRUDGE TOWARDS THE CROWN!

“…” Yuvon was rarely angry. He hated his family, so he clearly biased his belief on them - perhaps his sister or even the Queen - being the perpetrators. It was anyone’s guess.

But what did soothe his anger was Kita’s words. She wanted to return Joyeuse to the crown prince and, somewhat, bring a closure to the issue here - great power to her, but if Yuvon had found the sword himself, he would’ve thrown it away. And yet… he couldn’t do that to his own country…

He felt terrible now… there were always some diamonds in the mud, and he was about to take them all over one comb. He was better than that… he knew that, deep inside.

Maybe… just to end the conflicts that must’ve arisen in Minstrel, they could bring the sword to the coronation. It had been a while since he had met his family, so… maybe they had changed a little. Maybe… maybe he could even talk to them again. Just maybe…

Kita showed that she really wanted him to tag along, so he couldn’t deny her offer. Although, her head was hanging a bit too low on the surface of the water; if she went any lower, she could possibly get a sneak peek through Yuvon’s… wait…

Oh, that was right, he wasn’t wearing anything but his mask at the moment… y’know, being in an onsen and all.

“I…” Putting the book aside on the edge of the pool, he laid one arm down in a casual move to cover up in case if anything embarrassing could be spotted. He played it off as ‘leaning on his arm’ or something; no, for real, Kita was being very, very reckless in her approach of him without even a towel on… maybe she was doing it on purpose. Maybe he had permission to just enjoy the view, but he couldn’t read her mind or assume anything on her behalf. Therefore, he simply did this out of respect. “I don’t mind… it’s been a while since I saw my home country. Its demographic might be boiled down to spoiled brats, but… Minstrel does have some magnificent mountains,” he replied. His mask helped a lot about his self-awareness, since he could basically eye anything specific on Kita without her noticing…

WC: 755
    TWC: 1444/3500 (since 7k is the minimum for group missions that are B-Rank)

Kitalpha Aurence
    Kitalpha Aurence

Post by Kitalpha Aurence 14th June 2021, 2:57 pm

There was a teasing grin creeping upon her face when she noticed the subtle change in his demeanor; the only way to “see” his expressions while he was wearing his mask, it seemed. Animal instincts, perhaps. The blonde just noticed the differences, not necessarily what had changed or what the changes represented. But somehow it made her smile to see the stoic masked man act as such, and that in turn only made it all the more enjoyable to tease him. To lure those actions and reactions out of Yuvon. A way of learning more about him, if anything, and that latter was something she truly liked. And that in turn managed to push back the embarrassment on her part. So all in all, a win-win situation for her. Kitalpha started blowing bubbles underwater, letting the soft balls of air pop when they surfaced as she thought. Words. Yes, awful things they were. But she needed to use them regardless. And for that her lips needed to be above the surface again. She tilted her head back a little and floated back to the edge of the hotspring, politely keeping her eyes to herself as she stared up at the sky. “You know… I’m actually psyched you want to come along. Even though I might not show it right now. Trying not to jump up and splash around too much and such.” Kitalpha blurted out instead, her eyes pinned on the infinity of horizon above her.

“Something about manners that people keep telling me? But I guess if Ministrel is truly as you say, I should probably read up on these ‘manners’?” Her eyes flicked back towards Yuvon, crimson pupils looking at whatever hint the mask would give her. Maybe he would teach her manners and what to look out for on the way there? “And those mountains? I really hope we get to see them on our way there, too. Just you and me… maybe on our way back? That way we can take our sweet time exploring.” Another smile as she mused over the idea. Maybe it was her upbringing, but the mountains had always felt somewhat romantic to her. Somewhere she could truly be at ease. But then again, this was her own thoughts at play, not taking Yuvon’s into account. After all, this was a two-man squad now. “I, uh, if you want to of course!” she said, jumping back up and sitting up straight, slightly flustered. “It’s not like I want to dictate our every move or anything! I just like mountains, is all.” She’d look at him rather sheepishly, as if admitting something weirdly embarrassing. No, that embarrassing moment was entertained only by a single thought in her mind, one she wouldn’t say out loud. Hopefully.

Because to her, Yuvon had grown to become her mountain. She just wouldn’t tell him that. Not yet. With a fiercely red head Kitalpha muttered something intelligible and stood up, turning her back to Yuvon as she tried to contain herself. She was just feeling funny because of the water. Yes. It was entirely the water’s fault. ”I’ll let you enjoy the hotsprings for now! J-just let me know when you’re ready.” she spoke quickly, her hand flicked, allowing for Joyeuse to disappear in a flurry of golden orbs as it returned to the safety of her Treasury. It was obvious however that she was growing nervous for some unspoken reason. The blonde then proceeded to exit from bath as quickly as she could, trying to hide how flushed she was and grabbed a spare towel hidden behind the doorway to dry off, her hand covering her mouth as her embarrassment for the first time in forever hit home as hard as it did now. However she’d be waiting for him in the guild hall’s common room, still fidget-y but a lot more composed than she was at the hotsprings. She’d swapped her golden armor for a black buttoned-up coat with long tail, and long black boots, figuring it might be a more appreciated attire than her usual get-up.

@Yuvon
    [681 || 3562 of 3500]

Yuvon
    Yuvon

Player 

Character Sheet

Post by Yuvon 23rd September 2021, 7:59 am

… Huh…

It was a strange way to admit how happy you were – sort of saying it out loud monotone-ly. Argghh, bless her, she was too difficult to read! It felt as if Yuvon’s supposedly infinite memory space was shuffling around its cards in panic, akin to a student fidgeting after keywords to use in an upcoming exam that they hadn’t prepared for. Okay, he would take her words for it – she sounded excited to have him accompany her… maybe she remained so collected about her weird statement due to the fact that a lot of her curvaceous figures would bounce into his retinas if she moved too much-

Oh yeah, about that, they were still sharing an onsen together… it started feeling weird, but then it felt less weird, and then it began fluxing between those two states in equilibrium. Was this the essence of camaraderie? Had they, somehow, bonded together in the way of the Pack… even closer? Yuvon, as curious to life as he was to grammatical errors in a tome, began knotting inexistent, loose ties up and imagine a lot of things going on, and at the same time… his mind, his world and kingdom, had nothing specific to image the feeling of slight embarrassment mixed with something else. Something else…

Hmpf, it was unpleasant, but he came to the conclusion that he, of all people, was thinking too much about it. Kita had always been so, for lack of a better word, blunt in her approach and behavior of and around other people – the guild’s Mistress and Alpha, Leona, would agree on that. Maybe, he could teach her the way of-

Ouch… his heart, for reasons unknown, found it a pinching pain to do such a thing. Why, though? What was the matter, Yuvon?

Urgh… j-just focus on the task at hand.

“Well… on the topic of manners, perhaps what I personally deem important is convenience and modesty,” he explained to her, “Convenient behavior comes with meeting many different people and learning how to deal with each one of them and their unique, individual worlds. Only experience can be your teacher in that regard, but it’s a strong skill.” While he felt that the topic of manners would prove relevant for Kita, she seemed more excited to see the mountains that he mentioned earlier. Well, that was a cute thing to hear~.

“A-Ah, of course, milady! They say the reflecting snow on the mountain tops seen from afar is like looking at rainbows,” he hyped up the mountain journey with a few quotes from old acquaintances, “I do miss gazing at them, especially in the late evenings when the orange-red sun gilds the snowy lands… it’s a sight to behold.” Man, he began feeling… actual homesickness. Damn. Kita brought quite some emotions out of him, for sure. His family aside, he was curious enough to go take a look at Minstrel again – maybe some things had changed over the time he had been gone.

And… it sounded pleasant to travel alongside her. She was a dear friend to him… a strange one, indeed, but there was something about that blunt strangeness that drew him and all the other guildmates to her. She was special.

“U-Urhh- mbbrrgghh-“ Yuvon’s mask was making some kind of splashing noise – as if something had splattered on its inside wall once Kita suddenly rose up and turned her back to him. S-She was just so shameless, really! Had she not been aware of her nudity?! Her rear was shoved right up at his view…

Once she left in such a hurry, Yuvon took most of the time cleaning his mask… nobody else was around, so his face could be exposed to the light and air of the onsen. Damn, he had gushed out quite a chunk of blood… he should throw down a purification seal and leave it in the onsen’s water for a while, letting his blood dissipate into the magic circle.

Damn it, he had trouble. After her reckless entrance in the hot springs earlier, he couldn’t help but remain somewhat bashful once he rejoined her in the common room, now donning his green, long robes in all his power and wisdom. And there was something tickling in his chest about seeing her in a new outfit right after having had the uninvited delight of seeing her so exposed before… what a lasting affection that grew on him. It felt dangerous, predatory, but it felt… addictive, too.

She looked good in that outfit, however. And he would make sure to tell her as he simply stepped up behind and leaned to the side, trying to catch her gaze. “Fancy outfit, if I must say so myself. Looks convenient, as well – in that regard, please do excuse my choice of clothing, but… these robes are more-or-less a part of me now.”

WC: 814
    TWC: 2258/3500

Kitalpha Aurence
    Kitalpha Aurence

Post by Kitalpha Aurence 14th March 2022, 5:44 pm

Kitalpha nearly jumped as Yuvon stepped up behind her, the young woman so lost in her own thoughts that she hadn't noticed him until he was leaning right next to her. "Oh, no! I mean, yes, uh, thank you-" She flushed red, her words dying down into an incoherent mumbling of gratitude, not quite sure how to handle the compliments and the funny feeling it gave her. "Y-you look great as well! I mean, you always do, it's not like I'm watching you every single day or anything– sundays especially— uh, Oh crap…." As Kitalpha's rambling continued she realised she was messing up even more because she was nervous. Nervous for the journey ahead, for the person she'd be traveling with, and his compliments, which somehow hit her harder than she'd expected to. She tried to sink away in the neck of her coat, and ended up slowly pinching her nose as she tried to ignore the fact that she was currently blushing like mad. "I just… wanna make a good first impression on the people of your homeland. Just in case we come across someone you know… y'know? Don't want to make you look bad or anything…." The blonde admitted softly, one arm holding unto the other as she gently rocked on the back of her heels. Like a school girl admitting she had a crush on someone, which in all wasn't all that far from the spot.

It was one of the many reasons she'd opted for the new outfit. One was in fact to make sure the Minstrelians did not think of her as a savage about to conquer the land or something, or a rogue mercenary on their path to claim some gold. She knew herself that her signature golden armour looked more menacing, and that she felt more menacing as well when wearing it, like it instilled a sense of bravado and strength within her. Likewise she'd be carrying it around for years now too, it had become a part of her and her brazenness, all things she'd best not be when travelling abroad. So something more refined and tactful would be better; it was a good thing the Treasury had more than enough outfits to cater to said whims, and the resulting outfit sufficed wonderfully well.

Yet, her second reason, and consecutively third and fourth reason too, all had to do with Yuvon. This was her chance to impress the scholar she'd grown to fancy; by showing her there was more to the shameless, violent blonde woman he'd come to know. That she could be modest, err… somewhat modest, that she could hold herself properly-ish, and so forth. Well, she had to. In the short time after she'd left the onsen and left Yuvon to his own devices– she'd smelt blood and had only put more distance between the scent and herself– Kitalpha had picked the nearest travelling guide available and flipped through a few pages to get a faint idea on the country and its antics. Reading about the bare minimum– her literacy wasn't on point enough to read at a fast pace just yet, she'd noted decorum was an important thing to uphold. Something the outfit's style complimented. And lastly, in case they were to bump into someone Yuvon knew and it would come to introductions… well, she'd all but wanted to drag the masked man down with her wildlands appearance. She knew fully well that if she didn't pay attention she'd come across as boorish at best, so if her dresscode got upgraded and she kept herself to the minimum of talking, she'd at least appear somewhat poised.

But she wouldn't tell Yuvon about the latter, not in such detail at least, not wanting an earful about dragging herself down because she was who she was. In the past she wouldn't have cared, but being with Silver Wolf had taught her that one thing she'd lacked greatly; social skills and courtesy. And now she had started caring, especially when it involved people she held dear. She didn't quite care what they thought of her, but if she was the reason others were dragged through the dirt… no, she wouldn't let that happen. Clearing both her throat and her head, Kitalpha nodded and grabbed a hold of Yuvon's hand. "A-anyways! How about we get going? We've spent more than enough time lingering at the guild, and there's still lots to do once we arrive in Minstrel!" she not-so-subtly urged him, pulling him closer to her so he could initiate his teleportation skills.

Wordcount: 761 || 4323
    Total Thread Wordcount: 6581

Yuvon
    Yuvon

Player 

Character Sheet

Post by Yuvon 16th December 2022, 8:52 am

… Kita was awfully bashful lately. Maybe traveling to another country alongside him was just that outlandish for her… but the slight blushing and her sad attempt at hiding it behind her collar made him wonder if she, somehow, was starting to feel… say…

Romantic?

Yuvon wasn’t dense, the signs were there… but it felt unwarranted. Undeserved. Kita had always been such a… brazen woman, one that would likely be thrown to the street back in Minstrel just for having the singular idea of walking out without a proper, puffy skirt of the most exquisite linen and thread. To put it shortly, her characteristics clashed with the very ideal of a high lady… but not totally. And it wasn’t as if Yuvon hated her in any way.

Kita was brutally honest for the most part, and that was the most precious trait about her. It made her not only trustworthy, but solidified her as a loyal wolf in their pack of treasure-licking magicians. And she was beyond gorgeous to boot, something that not many Minstrelois nobles could boast of themselves… but he did just witness her naked. Maybe he, himself, was starting to fancy her…

But his blood… he couldn’t allow it to continue running down the age. Love could take root, but it was forbidden to bear fruit for the librarian, all hailing from his accursed predicament.

In the end, the very concept of fancying her… felt like bad thing. Kita deserved better.

“… O-Oh, yes, indeed. Let us not waste too much time,” Yuvon came back to his senses before equipping his staff on his free hand, not minding Kita holding the other, “Now, what sort… of teleportation… let’s just make it simple, this time.” And with a single wave of his staff, the world turned black, and they literally popped out of existence for those watching in the halls of Silver Wolf.

Teleportation spells were numerous around the world, so there were many ways to travel. Yuvon had memorized a handful of them and often struggled to choose what spell to use.

Now… they were to find themselves on a simple, lonely road carved smooth from marble. Despite located at the outskirts of Merazúr, there had been extensive work to beautify even the roads leading out of the city and into the grasslands and wilderness of Minstrel. In the far distance, beyond the grass fields where highland cattle were thoroughly cared for, white-tipped mountains pierced the clouds in all of their might.

“… You see the city walls? Those bright, white marble constructs…” Yuvon would begin to present the area to Kita, who was likely pretty shell-shocked from the teleportation, “This is Merazúr, the largest of Minstrel’s cities. While not the capital, her significance cannot be belittled… but just like the rest… just like the rest…”

Rather uncharacteristic of Yuvon, his voice grew… venomous. A scent of disgust at the very sight of those utterly beautiful walls that would leave anyone else jaw-less surrounded him, before he turned his gaze towards Kita, which managed to bring warmth back to his masked face. “Do not be poisoned by her beauty. A country is but the sum of their people, and regardless of what they leave behind, if the people are grotesque enough to kill flies… then what worth is their legacy?”

WC: 553
    TWC: 7134

Current date/time is 7th May 2024, 6:04 am