Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Ascension (PRIVATE - Ardere/Examination)

Chaotic Rumble
    Chaotic Rumble

Dark Insanity

Dark Insanity

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- God Slayer- Dragon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Rich- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Tournament Participation Badge- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Corrupted King of Knights
    Position : King Of Kings
    Guild : Blue Pegasus
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : Sapphiron ; The Shadow
    Experience : 601,187

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Refraction : Sword King
    Second Skill: N/A (for now)
    Third Skill:

Ascension (PRIVATE - Ardere/Examination) Empty Ascension (PRIVATE - Ardere/Examination)

Post by Chaotic Rumble 28th April 2016, 4:14 am

Seru was in the Peace Village alongside the river, her armour completely stripped off and she only wore her white dress piece.  She was standing on the more shallow part of the river, near the land with a standard broadsword she happened to recreate.  She was practicing her swordplay; her actual, raw power was off the charts, yet her skill level with her sword wasn't anywhere near on point in comparison to the two and thus decided to take a brief stop across her travels to somewhat refine those abilities as best as she could, yet, she was still off.  She had faced several opponents, sure, but...  None of them had been opponents that could stand up to her sheer power, and she accidentally brute forced every single one of them, leaving no real room for finesse.

That, and she hadn't faced too many swordsmen, or women.  She took a deep sigh but then shook her head.  She couldn't be bothered to dwell upon it too much; she hardly had a choice, otherwise.  She decided to step it up a notch, though.  Her way of walking on water was by recreating a constant platform below her so she wouldn't fall whenever she didn't use her wings, and doing so as she fought is no easy task.  She would decide to do this in order to challenge herself in hope of potentially improving upon her skill.  Before that, however, she put all of her armour on herself; added weight also would make it difficult to move fluently in her current state.  She tossed up her recreated sword into the air and it disintegrated into bright, cyan energy before it completely disappeared.  In its stead, she called upon Excalibur.

A brilliant flash of light came from Seru's hand which could be seen from a mile off, and while it only lasted a second, Excalibur had appeared in her hand.  She recreated her constant platform and walked upon the water, giving it a completely transparent colour and creating the platforms just slightly below the river, taking a stance.  She closed her eyes, took a deep breath, and when she opened them, she was ready; she had both of her arms relaxed forward, blade in hand, and was ready to begin the battle she had created for herself.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Ascension (PRIVATE - Ardere/Examination) V4W5D0r

Bank

Seru's Main Theme

Spoiler:

Seru's Battle theme

Spoiler:
    Ardere Kasai
    Ardere Kasai

The Fire King

The Fire King

Developer/GFX Artist- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Rising Star- Guild Master- God Slayer- A-Rank- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Legacy of the Fire King
    Position : The Vanquisher
    Guild : Infinity Hydra (Guildmaster)
    Mentor : Hephaestus
    Experience : 420,643

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Flame God Slayer (3rd Gen)
    Second Skill: -
    Third Skill:

Ascension (PRIVATE - Ardere/Examination) Empty Re: Ascension (PRIVATE - Ardere/Examination)

Post by Ardere Kasai 28th April 2016, 2:08 pm

So you can throw me to the wolves
    Tomorrow I will come back
    Leader of the whole pack
    Beat me black and blue
    Every wound will shape me
    Every scar will build my throne

Running pale fingers through his thick brown locks, Ardere found himself traversing a path along the edges of Peace Village. His current journey had taken him away from his home of Terra Ignis and Infinity Hydra, slowly leading towards an unknown destination. Something had drawn him across his travels to the north, but for now he was wandering. After recent events, the Samurai found himself for the first time in years, in need of alone time. He chose to train as went, looking for those that could challenge him. Walking slowly along the path, he noticed the river following beside it. It was a nice river, peaceful to say the least. The brown haired mage found something about this town quite serene, perhaps fitting of it's name. Bandits had tried to come through these parts in the past, but much to their dismay they had been stopped. Perhaps this destination had chosen him in this time of need, when he needed it most. 

Pulling out his sword, Clarent, to chop through a fallen tree in his path, he noticed something was off. The crimson blade flickered in the lights, but he had not signaled it to do so. Arching a thick brow, Ardere turned the blade on it's side. The ancient blade was reacting to something, something nearby. Turning off of the path, he stood in front of the serene river, waiting for whatever it was to arrive. Hmm. Perhaps it was nothing. The words were spoken, but even he did not believe them. He was aware of the lore behind his sword, but it had never severed or interfered with the connection he shared to the blade. Then, within moments he looked to the side. Spotting a lovely young woman in a dress along the water, he was under the presumption she had something to do with it. He could not smell any scents or hear any other breath within hundreds of yards. It was quite strange he had not noticed her presence before. Perhaps his lack of awareness had prevented this. Regardless, he had no choice but to approach her and ask. 

As he walked closer, he noticed something in her hands, prompting the sword in his grip to flicker once more. It couldn't be. The sword in her hands, it could not be. This situation was all too strange. He did not believe in coincidences, but for something like this to happen, it had to mean something. Hello there. Apologies for the intrusion, but I couldn't help but notice that gorgeous looking blade in your hands there. Does it have a name? His look was of curiosity and intrigue, but uncertainty as well. Fully dressed from the neck down in a red and gold Samurai armor, he held the bastard sword in his hand.
    @Chao
    MADE BY VEL OF GS + ADOXOGRAPHY 2.0

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Ascension (PRIVATE - Ardere/Examination) FYZkfE1
    God Force:

Legacy Form:

Chaotic Rumble
    Chaotic Rumble

Dark Insanity

Dark Insanity

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- God Slayer- Dragon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Rich- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Tournament Participation Badge- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Ascension (PRIVATE - Ardere/Examination) Empty Re: Ascension (PRIVATE - Ardere/Examination)

Post by Chaotic Rumble 29th April 2016, 9:39 pm

Just before Seru was to perform any movement, a voice inquired about her sword.  She turned her head and saw a man with a very peculiar looking sword; it looked powerful and beautiful at the same time.  Moving her attention from the sword to the actual man himself, she took a quick gaze upon his features - he looked fairly strong physically and had the clothing of what appeared to be a warrior of sorts.  Immediately, she recognized this man as a potential sparring partner.  She lowered her stance, closed her eyes, took a deep breath, then opened them and gave the man a bright smile.  "Don't worry!  I wasn't really doing much, anyways.  The name of my sword, you ask?"  Seru paused, giving him a jokingly serious face in order to create tension, "The name of this blade is...  Excalibur.", she stated firmly.

She looked at the man somewhat curiously.  It wasn't the first question she normally was introduced with whenever someone crossed her path, which is what mainly caught her attention in the first place.  What kept her attention for longer, however, was his own sword, build, and wear.  She still held onto her smile, returning to her previous stance, only this time, I was aimed at the man.  "You might have caught me in this stance, haven't you?  Well, there is a reason for it.", she stated in a more serious tone, "I may look proper and well accomplished, but...  The reality is, my finesse isn't all too impressive; I haven't encountered any foe that could withstand my power and thus, it has always resulted in me overpowering them, unfortunately.

Seru's voiced lifted slightly to a more playful tone, "You, however, look both powerful and very accomplished!  Especially with your sword, which I'd appreciate to know its name, now that you know the name of my own blade.  Would you care to spar with me?  It will help me refine my abilities and it might help you, too!  If it doesn't, I'll be sure to find a way to repay you!  However...  Please, do not use any magic; this should strictly be physical ability and swordplay."  Seru took another deep breath, not making a single movement.  "Should you choose to accept, please, make the first move." She wasn't entirely sure if this man could keep up with her raw power and speed, though, if he could, she would more than happily repay his services in kind.

Bank

Seru's Main Theme

Spoiler:

Seru's Battle theme

Spoiler:
    Ardere Kasai
    Ardere Kasai

The Fire King

The Fire King

Developer/GFX Artist- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Rising Star- Guild Master- God Slayer- A-Rank- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Ardere Kasai 30th April 2016, 2:35 am

Leader of the whole pack
    Beat me black and blue

Excalibur. The name rang in his ears like a loud drum echoing through a cave, almost enough to send him into shock. But Ardere was not in shock, rather, intrigued. He had heard of the legendary sword known as Excalibur, considering his own blade; Clarent, but he never had the pleasure of meeting anyone wielding the blade or otherwise. It was enough to peak his interest, and consider the following events. I wont claim to be overtly powerful, but as a Wizard Saint and Guild Master, I have to do something. Taking the sheath off of his back, he tossed it to the side, into the dirt. But all of that aside, what matters is I am a warrior, and backing down from an offer like this would be foolish of me. Swinging his blade to the side, the sheer strength of the movement split the grass and dirt to his right. Taking a deep breath, the Samurai cracked his neck. Focusing all of the energy in his body, he observed the woman before him. She seemed kind enough, but she was a warrior, which meant she had the heart for this. Unsure of her strength, he would first have to test it, and whether or not that blade of hers was the brother of his own. This blade is Clarent. She's served me well over the years. 

Twisting his arms, he quickly took a fighting stance. Clutching the handle of the crimson blade with both hands, his knees were slightly bent. Holding the coward's blade horizontally, Ardere's feet dug small craters into the ground as a black aura shimmered across his body for a mere second. He would not use any magic, but when he became focused, the energies in his body began to as well. This was a technique he had learned many years ago, one from his homeland of Midi. I accept your challenge, officially. Let's get this started. Leaping from his current position, he only took two steps from his original location. He did not need a massive head start to reach his opponent's location, as his sheer strength would allow him to do so. The dust left in the wake of his jump was enough to form a rather large cloud, directly behind him. She was not particularly large, but he imagined wielding that hellish blade she possessed enough strength to clash with him. He looked forward to finally fighting someone who could possibly match or beat him in swordplay. As he grew closer to her position, he kicked it off with a diagonally swing downward, from his left to his right. If blocked, it would no doubt prompt a clash between the two sister blades. The fire mage expected great things from this, but he did not intend to clash for long. If she did indeed choose to block rather than dodge, he would switch to a jab immediately after his swing. My name is Ardere by the way, Ardere Kasai. 
    @Chao

God Force:

Legacy Form:

Chaotic Rumble
    Chaotic Rumble

Dark Insanity

Dark Insanity

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Chaotic Rumble 2nd May 2016, 12:50 am

Seru was fairly impressed by the titles the man held; she has been around enough in the world to learn exactly what merit they had, though, at the end of the day, they were merely titles; hopefully he would be able to live up to his high reputation.  The name Clarent rung in her ears, a familiar name...  Though, she had hardly time to think about it now.  The man had taken a quick stance, and so, she had to be prepared, and she was.  She eyed him carefully, waiting for any form of movement from him after he dug his feet onto the ground, awaiting a movement.  Suddenly, with an impressive amount of strength, he sprung from his feet, gaining a burst of speed; there wouldn't be much time to react, but, fortunately, she was completely ready for any move he might have.

If she had blocked his attack, her magic would naturally react to doing so, and seeing how this was a no magic battle, she could not afford to block.  She wouldn't allow him to know this, however, so she had two main options in dealing with this attack.  She could dodge, but she had prematurely decided her response for his attack.  The moment she saw an indication of him moving towards her, she swiftly moved her right hand as though she was sheathing the blade, though there was no sheathe.  She was capable of keeping track on him simply because she too, could move at his speed, and perhaps even faster.  A few moments before he was close enough to attack her, she weighed his many possible options; she should be able to deal with most of them.

He was within striking distance, which means she was, too.  He made indication of swinging his blade with conviction, and that's when she reacted.  Letting go of the hilt with her left hand, she swung her blade upwards with immense strength, not with the intention of actually striking the man, but rather, to counter his attack, hopefully being able to surprise him and simultaneously with her strength to send his arm backwards, parrying him.  If it was enough to do so, she'd step lightly to her left and make a quick movement forward, with her right hand that held her blade to make a stab at him, aimed for the groin.  She didn't intend to kill this man, so if he had no reaction towards that move, she'd stop the attack right before it could actually hit him.

If her parry wasn't enough to lightly stagger him, however, she'd immediately backstep and grab Excalibur with both hands once more and then make a quick step towards him, bending her knees lightly and performing a horizontal slash.  Once again, if he had no reaction, she'd stop herself right before she could actually harm him, otherwise, if he blocked or even dodged, she would push with her left foot to move herself closer to his unprotected side and then push with her right foot upwards to gain momentum as she swung at him diagonally from right to left, upwards. "My name is Seru.", she stated firmly.

Bank

Seru's Main Theme

Spoiler:

Seru's Battle theme

Spoiler:
    Ardere Kasai
    Ardere Kasai

The Fire King

The Fire King

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Ardere Kasai 2nd May 2016, 1:51 pm

Leader of the whole pack
    Beat me black and blue

As he soared through the air, Ardere observed his opponent's body movements. Watching her shoulders and her legs, waiting for the sign of a pivot or a move. And within a matter of moments, he noticed her move. Unfortunately, she had waited until the last second to make her counter, a smart move. As the blade came towards him, and his towards her, the two clashed. It was a short clash, due to her ability to exude more strength from the ground, but it was something he had not expected. Clarent seemed to react to touching Excalibur, at least for a moment, the blade shined red. The sheer force of the collision prompting the water to split for a second, the fire mage was sent backwards. Using the momentum she had provided, he twirled through the air. This twirl allowed him to avoid her next attack, a jab of sorts. His opponent possessed immense strength, that which he had not often experienced. Fortunately with his intense training and passive buffs, he could make an effort to fight back, but he could tell she won when it came to brute strength. Fortunately, he had the advantage in agility, for the time being. Red flames in the form of inked tattoos began to reveal on his face, as he had gauged how serious this battle would be. 

Landing on the edge of the rock, he took the opportunity of her jab to slide his blade along the edge of hers. Blue and red sparks bursting forth from both sides of their blades, his orange blazing eyes watched her every move. Using all of his strength he came upwards with a slash, and regardless of whether or not she chose to block or dodge, he would proceed to burst towards her location to bring down another strike. I didn't believe it when I saw it, but that truly is Excalibur isn't it? The fire mage was unsure whether or not the young woman was aware of the history of their blades, but it was a long one. Clarent is your blade's twin. It was quite the reveal, but he was confident it would only make their battle more entertaining. 

(Was parried, but spun to avoid your jab, then slid in to slash) 
    @tag

God Force:

Legacy Form:

Chaotic Rumble
    Chaotic Rumble

Dark Insanity

Dark Insanity

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Chaotic Rumble 16th May 2016, 12:00 am

Seru was fairly impressed with his reaction.  Normally, she would've gained a pretty big advantage off of her maneuver, but that was not the case with this man.  Still, she knew it - she felt it by his movements, her own, how he reacted and how he forced her to react, that he would not be enough of a challenge.

Yet.

An advantage she always carried was her body was naturally far superior to any other body, even if it was enhanced.  Not by her choice, however, it's merely the result of what happened to her.  She could tell almost immediately upon their blades clashing and only a small set of movements that she would be able to overpower this man, even if his finesse might be better than hers.  Yet, she could also sense a pent up rage within him - a power which he could draw from to improve.  Though, at the same time, she worried about him, because it was no ordinary rage; it was one very specific and directed towards a certain party.  She would just have to trust that he wouldn't use it carelessly.  She did owe him; she had said so herself and with someone with as many titles as him, there would have to be a reason he got them, so, she would trust him.

Before he could land his attack, Seru's arms were both coated with bright, cyan energy, appearing lightning-like.  She immediately grabbed hold of the blade and completely stopped his attack, leaning closer towards his face, till they were only a few inches apart.  She looked at him very seriously and carefully, completely unlike her previous expression of focus and fun with the spar they were to having.  Her eyes changed in a brilliant cyan colour and appeared to have these strange lenses.  She peered into his eyes and if he was looking back at her, he would feel as though she was looking within his soul.  Almost immediately, she could see his lifetime.

She let go of his blade, took a few steps backwards and took a deep breath with her eyes closed.  Her bright cyan energy had vanished and when she opened her eyes, he was greeted with a brilliant smile.  "I apologize for that!  I know what I said, but, I can already tell that I will beat you.  Not in the way I want to, however."  She honestly didn't mean to offend, but it was the truth as things currently stood.  "To answer your question first, yes, it truly is Excalibur.  I have no recollection of it having a twin, however.  You may tell me more about this later, because there is something far more important than our swords."  Seru willed Excalibur to disappear and shortly after it appeared to have shattered and crumble into thin air, though the sword itself was perfectly fine.

"I have a very special ability which I don't often reveal to people, but, I've made you a promise, and I shall deliver upon it.  I am capable of seeing people for what they truly are, what they will be and everything that may be involved with that individual.  You may not believe me, and that's perfectly understandable, but I already know you, Ardere."  Addressing the man by his name might surprise him, but she quickly had to get to the point.  "I do want to spar with you, but as you currently stand, you have no hopes in beating me simply because of my raw power.  You can get to a point where you can fight against me on equal footing, however.  Or, close."  Seru extended her arm outwards with her palm revealed, a brilliant, bright aura sitting just above it with her eyes having resumed the previous state they were in when their faces were so close together.

"I can help you reach that point - Ascension.  By doing this, I trust you to use your power in a responsible manner.", she said in a different voice, far less soft than her usual one.  "Take my hand.", she stated firmly.

All this for a good spar.

OOC:

Alright, we can begin the first phase of your examination!  Should your character decide to take Seru's hand, he will be blinded by a brilliant cyan coloured light and pass out.  If he doesn't, well, you already fail!  Only time I'll ever straight out telling you that if you don't do something or do something specifically will cause you to fail; the rest you have to perform well on.

When he wakes up, he will be himself as a young boy with hardly any magical capabilities properly developed.  Your task here is to roleplay as Ardere would have been as a child in such a situation, including where he'd be, the people he'd know, the places he'd go see, what he'd do, etc.  Since it's only the first part, I will like to see 1k words total but it's always better to shoot over that amount.  Completing this first task should be fairly simple, and you won't be judged too harshly on it.  Doing so will almost complete the first stage of the examination; you'll have just a little more to do afterwards before we move onto the next phase which I will tell you when we get to it.

Good luck!

Bank

Seru's Main Theme

Spoiler:

Seru's Battle theme

Spoiler:
    Ardere Kasai
    Ardere Kasai

The Fire King

The Fire King

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Ardere Kasai 17th May 2016, 9:34 pm

Leader of the whole pack
    Beat me black and blue

Crimson blade swinging through the air, Ardere noticed a mere moment before his sword landed close to it's mark, that a blue light hand appeared between the other mage's hands. His sword was caught, what a bummer. Well that's no fun, I thought there was no magic. Before he could encase the beautiful legendary blade in a thick black flame, he noticed the look in her eyes as she gazed into his eyes. The feeling that overtook his heart caused him to freeze there for a moment, as it felt as if she was peering into the very depths of his soul. Unfortunately even among all of the light he tried so hard to exude, she would find much darkness. Falling back to the ground, she had released her grip and the man stood before her. Confused as to her motives, he listened to the words that followed her actions. Standing there, his stance shifted to one more relaxed than he tended to keep in battle. I see. He was not quite exactly sure what she meant by her word, even as perceptive as he was, but he had a feeling it was a secret he should not ask about. Letting out a cool breath, the fire mage sheathed his blade. Looking back into her eyes, he arched the dark brown brows above his orange glowing eyes. He did not particularly like exactly what she was saying, but there was truth, and hope to it. He had an immense amount of strength inside, but some of it was buried deep, deep down in the dark abyss of flames in his heart. He may match or surpass her in skill, but his raw power with the sword in his hand was lacking. While it may come as a shock to many who had seen him slay legendary beasts and slice clean through buildings, but there was a caliber of enemy he was not ready to face, on the level of the woman before him. He knew no other mentor who could help him other than a god, and Heero or Deniel certainly weren't ones to teach him. Perhaps this ability she possessed could remind him of his roots, the struggle he faced for so many years. Even though he loved his family and his guild, the struggle of survival had never ended. Ascension. The word rang in his head, flowing through every crevice in his mind. Looking down for a moment, then back up at her with a fire unlike any other in his eyes. Into the abyss I go then eh? Taking the hand of the blonde woman in front of him, the world turned a shade of cyan. Everything flickered and shifted, as he felt his body lose all control. Falling to the ground and fainting, he was in for an entirely different battle now. 

A small village in Midi, on the outskirts of the Scorched Lands. Ardere found himself sitting under a tree, reading a book. The book was torn and ripped, the best he could find when rummaging through the garbage, but still good none the less. The slight breeze rolled through, and a smile crossed his bruised lips. Each page was a delight, sending him off to other worlds where he could escape the Hell he had been put through for so long. Pale fingers running across the inked pages, they were so smooth. No other form of leisure offered the young boy as much solace as the pages of a book. Unfortunately his Master and owner Ryosuke did not approve of such things. He was not to read, he was to spar with the other bandits and prepare for the daily heists. Grimacing at the thought of it, he took a deep breath before diving back into the pages filled with Samurai and Dragons. If he had one wish, it would be to be a great Samurai, a magic user. But he could only find so many books on magic, and barely even conjure up the smallest of cinders. Fortunately, when reading the novels and scrolls he found, he could leap into a world of magic and adventure, imagining himself use magic to escape the world around him. Unfortunately, it did not last long. The book was smacked out of his hand, and sent into the mud. Leaping upwards to defend his pages and his honor, the young Ardere narrowed his red brows. Hey that's mi- Smack! Being knocked right into the tree, he felt his back and face enflamed. The hit was obviously by a man much larger than he was, sending him back several feet. Rubbing his face and wiping the tears dripping down his face, he was not sure exactly what had happened. Before he could react, the boy was lifted up by a man wearing a rugged outfit. He recognized this man as the second in command of Fenrir's Call, the bandit guild that had taken him in so many years ago. The man's name was Hanzo, and he was older than all of the other members of the guild, being in his mid forties. Donning a rugged yukata, it was black with holes ripped through it. A razor sharp sword on his hip and his hair in a black bun, the young man had theorized Hanzo was a former Samurai turned Ronin, then eventually bandit, but he did not know for sure. All he knew was that he was in for one heck of a beating. 

Wincing slightly, the red head took a deep breath. Attempting to wiggle out of the man's grip, he watched as an evil grin came over his older face. Laughing slightly, Hanzo shook his head. What did the master tell you about reading when you're supposed to be off getting us money huh?! You're lucky he wants you alive or I'd beat you fucking senseless and leave you bloodied in the god damn mud right here. Roaring in his rough Midi dialect, Ardere gritted his teeth. Tears running down his face, he punched the man's arm several times, a spark in his eyes that wasn't often seen before. So you've got spirit today huh? If you put that into our jobs we might make some decent money off you yet boy! Laughing maniacally and roaring about, the man went silent with a grin on his scarred lips. But that doesn't mean I can't have some fun with you first. Struggling the break the grip, the young man was sent pummeling backwards after a punch hit him scared in the stomach. Falling to the ground gasping for air, he coughed up saliva all over the side walk and the grass. The mud covered his fortunately brown hakama; rain from the day before ensure this much. Staggering back and forth, he attempted to stand, but was sent backwards into the mud once again before being picked up by the scruff of his yukata. Come on boy, the master wants you back at the base. Being carried, Ardere faded in and out of consciousness. Memories flashed of his village in flames, even though he was just a toddler. He could not remember his parents, but he could remember his village's end. Even though he was so young, he understand the true sadness of this. Within a matter of minutes he was lifted into the headquarters of Fenrir's Call, at the base of the black mountains. The forest surrounding the base was quite dense, enough to shrowd the entrance to one Hell he had known for far too long. The red arches across the top of the entrance only reminded him of the entrance to a palace, but it was no palace. The guild hall was filled with members fighting and drinking, rummaging around like a bunch of buffoons, but the master's hall, it was quiet. While the master was not as mean or abusive as Hanzo, his evil far surpassed his, but in a different way. Ryosuke did not beat his members or throw them around, but the young man knew what happened if you failed the master, and he knew his goals were dark. Slightly struggling, he was dropped down onto the ground. Barely strong enough to stand, he bowed in front of his master. I- Coughing up more saliva, he gasped for air. I'm...s-s-sorry. Being knocked into the ground, he felt his back give out. Struggling even more, Hanzo laughed. Oh you will be boy! Holding up his hand, the man sitting in the chair narrowed his eyes. The leader of the guild was probably half Hanzo's age, but the armor he bore and the weapon he wielded were as well crafted as a Samurai's and his skill in battle was known throughout this part of Midi, if not the whole country. That's enough Hanzo. I need the boy for tonight's endeavors. He may be insubordinate, but his skills far surpass the other young rogues. Tapping his leather covered fingers against the wooden chair he sat in. What to do with you, young Ardere? You're so talented, but you waste it reading under a tree. You could be one of the strongest rogues here. I respect your resilience, but you harbor it towards futile goals. Letting a sigh escape his thin lips, the armored covered man held his hand out. Twisting his pale fingers around, wind shears sliced up the ground around the young man. He was not harmed, but the wooden floors were torn to shreds like a tornado had been sent through the hall, a tornado with saw blades that is. The red headed child knew this was the magical power of his master, but he had never experienced it first hand. He was in awe, but fear shot through his veins as the man stood up. You could have power like this. But you don't learn it from books, you have to take it. Gritting his teeth, the beaten and battered boy stood up, staggering with each step. You're wrong. There was a fire in his eyes, the one of determination he had long since forgotten. He had stood by and let himself be beaten senseless for years, but today was not a day like those that had come before. How dare you disrespect Lord Ryo?! You insolent little child! Rearing his open palm back, the older man smacked him back into the ground, but he landed with his hands out this time. Struggling to breath properly, he remembered everything he had learned from all of the reading he had done. He possessed no proper magic powers, but he could conjure a flame if he tried hard enough. Focusing all of the rage and willpower he possessed in his young body, Ardere stood up. Knowledge is power. And knowledge is for all to gain, not steal. A red flame formed at the tips of his knuckles, it was not much, it was unstable and flawed like he was, but it was a flame. He had never chosen a magic to learn, but that of the flame had always felt right to him. After years of reading books on magic users and techniques, he had finaly conjured something of his own, even if it was a pathetic flame. Punching his oppressor right square in the face, the unstable flame melted his skin. 

Falling backwards onto his rear, the red head was in awe. He had used magic. It was not powerful, but it had shocked both Ryosuke and Hanzo, harming the second of the two. For once in his life, he felt strong. Strong enough to stand on his own. Taking a strong stance, he whipped around to face the exit. Bolting for it, he felt the wind around him swirling and strengthening. It was the master's magic, but he had put all of his remaining strength into running, and he was too far to be harmed. If anything, the wind sent him through the exit into the main hall faster than he had originally anticipated. Tumbling through the hall, he popped up unintentionally. Flying right through the window, shards of glass ripped up his yukata and sliced him open just barely in a few places. Soaring through the air, he felt his consciousness waning. His injuries were quite extensive, the beating and the cuts. Fortunately fate had been on his side today, as he landed right into the only river outside the base. With a splash, he hit the water, floating down the clear water. His thick red blood oozed out of his wounds and into the water, turning it. He had been beaten, battered, and broken of spirit, but he was not dead. Ardere floated down that river, clinging to life. And with another flash of cyan, it was gone. 
    @Chaor WC: 2,147

God Force:

Legacy Form:

Chaotic Rumble
    Chaotic Rumble

Dark Insanity

Dark Insanity

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Chaotic Rumble 19th May 2016, 5:56 am

When the bright light would settle down, Ardere would find himself in the arms of a young girl, similar in age, by the riverside far away from where he once was.  His wounds have been roughly and unprofessionally treated, but, he would live.  It was getting dark and cold, and the girl was shivering.  If he cared to notice, the girl looked exactly like Seru did, albeit a young child version of her.  She had been caring for him when she saw the young boy drifting down the river; she immediately dived in and brought him back to land.  "I'm glad you're doing alright now," she said in a soft, yet sweet tone.  She was smiling brightly, just as she always did.  "I won't inquire what has happened to you, but...  You're going to need someone to look after you for now.  Come to my house!"  She spoke in a fairly proper fashion, giving very clear indication her family and herself were in a very good position in society.

At this point, it was completely dark and the sun had set.  If he bothered to look around, Ardere could see that they were very close to a town full of rich people and guards had begun patrolling.  The young girl was trying to get on her feet to carry Ardere to her home, but, she was so weak it was almost laughable.  "This might be a problem...", she mumbled to herself.  Fortunately enough, one of the guards had noticed the two children near the river and was approaching to take them back to the village.  "Oi!  Kids!  Play time needs to happen within the village now!  If you don't go back then-" the guard gasped when he was able to truly identify the girl.  The guards of this village carried both a sword and a bow and without hesitation, he had pulled out his bow and shot a powerful arrow through the center of the girl's back, the arrow head piercing through her chest.

She was completely shocked and didn't really have any time to react to the pain, only gasp, and her head fell forward as her arms were completely stilled, no longer holding the boy in her arms.  Blood was seeping out of her back and chest, falling upon the boy.  "Hey, kid!  Get out of-" once more, the guard was interrupted and the next moment, his head had been cut off cleanly.  It fell to the ground and rolled to the river, leaving a trail of blood.  A menacing aura filled the air around Ardere and it was coming from what was presumably the corpse of the girl, except...  It wasn't a corpse.  She was staring at him with eyes completely open, smiling in one of the most maniacal ways possible.

"They found out...", she whispered.  She carefully wrapped her arms around him as though she was holding a baby.  "Now...  You must pay for their mistakes...  Unfortunate, yes?"  Vile dark shadows were emerging from her body, almost as if they were to consume anything they touched.  She brought Ardere closer to her and the closer he got, the weaker he would feel.  Her eyes turned a yellowish colour and she began laughing, the sounds of her laughter consuming the young boy the closer he would get to her.

What would happen if he wouldn't react?

OOC: Good job on keeping my interest!  This might be a good examination, after all!  Don't mind the weirdness, by the way, it's not really supposed to make much sense.  So, what's happening now is that Ardere's soul is being consumed.  Literally!  I won't tell you what you need to do here in order to succeed, but something I will tell you is that you must roleplay this section out in 500 words or less.  Roleplay what you'd think would happen here.  Escape, fight back, be consumed...  Anything!  Keep in mind, however, that if his soul is consumed here, it will be consumed in the real world, too.  If you're successful at completing this part of the examination, you will wake up in the arms of the real Seru.

Good luck!

Bank

Seru's Main Theme

Spoiler:

Seru's Battle theme

Spoiler:
    Ardere Kasai
    Ardere Kasai

The Fire King

The Fire King

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Ardere Kasai 19th May 2016, 2:36 pm

Leader of the whole pack
    Beat me black and blue

Coughing and writhing slightly, the young Ardere groaned in pain. It appeared his wounds had been tended to, albeit not professionally, but he would certainly live. Flashing in and out of consciousness, he awoke to a young girl. One he had not met before, but she seemed close to him in age. Thank you... Coughing up saliva and a few speckles of blood, he had taken a serious beating, but for once in his life he was free. Attempting to move, he found his body was quite sore, but he could get up if he needed to. Unfortunately it was in his best interest to stay down, but something seemed off about this whole situation. How far down stream had he gone? I can't thank you enough, b-but...w...where am I? Before he could get an answer to his question, he noticed the two guards coming in, and struggled to sit up. They did not seem like they meant any harm, but he wasn't necessarily in the best position to just get up and leave. Struggling to move still, he noticed something off about the girl, something he couldn't put his finger on. And within a matter of moments, the two guards were disposed of, and the true face of the situation before him was revealed. While he was no powerful mage, he had been trained in combat at the guild to fight both people and monsters, so he knew how to hold his own. But could he make it out of this alive with his injuries? Staggering back and forth, he managed to stand. The dark abyss of a monster before him had consumed the two men, and likely would consume him as well. He could feel the darkness pulling at him, being dragged back. Grabbing at the dirt and some sticks, he tried to pull himself towards the river. Struggling, he felt himself grow weaker with every moment. Stand up, Ardere. Stand up and fight. The young boy had no idea where this voice was coming from, but he could feel a sense of warmth come over his body, like the flames he had managed to conjure back in the guild hall. Who are you? Grasping at the ground, pulling himself as hard as he could, the red headed boy was giving it all he had. Let's just say your family and I go way back. Now get up, young Kasai. Letting out a heavy groan and a yell, unstable flames sparked across his back and arms. They were not powerful flames, but they took on an oddly red tint, almost unnatural. At the sight and touch of the flames, the dark beast jumped back for a moment, hissing and flailing. Taking this opportunity to move, the boy leaped back towards the river, the only place that seemed to give him solace today. 

OOC: The voice he is hearing is Prometheus, his first mentor in fire magic. He's also the one who gave Ardere's ancestor the power of fire, which is stated in my char's lineage; Legacy of the Fire King. So this is all a reference to him getting started as a fire mage, and it ties in heavily to his backstory, so hopefully it peaks your interest.
    @Exam WC: 475/500

God Force:

Legacy Form:

Chaotic Rumble
    Chaotic Rumble

Dark Insanity

Dark Insanity

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Chaotic Rumble 21st May 2016, 10:33 pm

Seru was humming a tune to herself as she waited for the man to wake up, unsure if he actually would.  Whilst it didn't look like she was doing much, she had already begun on her promise to make the man stronger and the first test was a test of spirit - how well would he be able to retain his soul in a nearly helpless situation?  Every scenario is completely random, so while she had a pretty good guess in her mind, she wouldn't be able to determine it till afterwards.  Something it always involved, however, was "that side"; a manifestation of her own corruption and her best attempt to come to term with both of her entities.  She held the man in her arms, away from the darkness they resided in, for until he would pass the first test, he would surely evaporate from existence if he were to touch the darkness.

When he started waking up, Seru would lay him gently on the darkness, and surely enough, he was still there, meaning he had passed his first hurdle of unlocking his inner potential.  When he woke up, Ardere would see literally nothing but vile shadows, the same that the girl emitted from his dream, all over the place, except for where he and Seru stood on, which was more "regular" darkness.  Seru gave him a smile when he awoke.  "I'm glad to see you're alright!  You almost had me worried."  Seru hadn't really mentioned that he could very well die during the course of this "examination", so to speak, and he had no intentions to.  It wouldn't bode well.

"You might be wondering where we are, right?  Well, we're literally nowhere, and everywhere!  This is a very special place...  One which I cannot fully understand, though I have some power here, more so than in Earthland.  You may have noticed that the darkness we stand on is slightly different than the darkness in the rest of the area."  The knight minimized the more "pure" darkness to where only Ardere stood on it and she stood on the vile shadows...  Well, not quite standing, but rather, floating.  "This marks your first real test - survival."  In reality, it was the second, but she wouldn't tell him that.  His first examination was that of spirit, but could his body hold up just as well?  It was time for a physical test.  "You won't gain any power over this domain, but you might just get more overall power.  Nothing good will come from staying in this domain for too long, so, without further adieu...  Good luck!"

Seru would remove all of the pure darkness and send Ardere plunging into the vile shadows, falling for an eternity unless he could either float, fly, or conquer his own weakness to become stronger and find his own way to stand in this world.  One thing he could never rely on, however, was his light, or fire, for this darkness was something far more than that.

OOC:

Good job on stage 1!  This is where it gets tougher, both on convincing me in performing the tasks realistically according to your power and where satisfying me starts getting challenging.  So, as you may have guessed, Ardere is eternally falling into nothingness.  Find a way to stop that and when you do, you'll appear before Seru.  However, something Seru didn't mention is the agonizing pain you feel in the vile shadows; pain so great mere mortals would immediately faint, only to never wake up again.  This is also a press for time, so you have 1500 words or lower in order to complete this task, though I suggest you use as much as possible.  The word count limitation begins when you start writing about how Ardere begins falling.

Bank

Seru's Main Theme

Spoiler:

Seru's Battle theme

Spoiler:
    Ardere Kasai
    Ardere Kasai

The Fire King

The Fire King

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Ardere Kasai 23rd May 2016, 1:15 am

Leader of the whole pack
    Beat me black and blue

Coughing slightly, Ardere placed a pale, leather covered hand on his head. Holy shit, I feel like a train hit me. Rubbing his head, he noticed he was in complete darkness. Years ago, he would have had a panic attack in this much darkness, but now he was able to keep his cool. It was an odd experience, fuzzy, but somehow it reminded him of how he was all those years ago. Fortunately, he was not alone in this darkness. Looking over to the woman who had sent him along this perilous journey, he had a bad feeling it was far from over. Standing up, it was odd to be on a platform of darkness among darkness. Arching a brow, he prepared himself for the worst. Stretching his arms, the fire mage listened to Seru as she spoke. This world was quite the interesting one, but what did she have in store? I see. Survival. It seemed his question would be answered in a matter of mere moments as he was sent plummeting into the shadow, the abyss of darkness. A sense of fear shot over his body, but he could not panic, he had to survive. Shit. Shit. Stay calm, he thought. Becoming sound of mind, the Samurai focused as much as he could muster. Focusing on maintaining balance, he prevented himself from tumbling through the darkness. While he could keep the fear at bay, and remain calm, how could he escape this? The world of shadows was endless, but there had to be an escape. And then, the pain overcame his body. Fortunately the pain prevented any other maleficent emotion from entering his body, but it was quite overwhelming. The only way out of this would be to overpower the darkness, or prevent his descent. And he chose to tackle it in that order.

All around him was an abyss of pain and fear, shadows of the darkest form. It was strange to think that the darkness, and the loneliness he felt in places like this were what had caused him to be afraid for so many years. Free fall was one of the things he hated the most, the feeling of weightlessness, the loss of control, it was all staggering. Buy Ardere was a warrior, one who had faced odds far worse than this, at least he liked to think. Jolting in agonizing pain, he could not focus his flames much. This lack of focus would be his demise, for the unstable dark flames he commanded could prove useful. There was only one way to stop the pain, at least for a little while. This shadow realm was one of magic in origin, and it was made of such. Thus, he could tap into that magic with his crash magic. Bringing his arms out to the side, he struggled, groaning in pain. A yellow light would appear in each hand as he tapped into the magical particle in the shadows, causing them to overload. He was not as strong as he needed to be, but he had come so far, too far to back down. Forgetting his past in the darkness, he put all of his focus into his magic. I'm not afraid anymore. He was no longer a child, he was a man, a warrior. The only way he could protect the ones that he loved, would be to live, and live for them. The yellow light expanded, as a massive explosion rippled throughout the shadows. This explosion ripped apart chunks of the darkness, but even a light that bright could not stop them. It was the dispersal, the pure overload of magical energy that slowed the pain. Gasping for air, he felt a relief of pain for a few moments. It was almost relaxing for the pain to be relieved. His muscles had been so tense, and the energies in his body had been severely blocked by the pain and tension. In these few moments he had to make it count, and slow his descent. It was not easy to muster the strength and the courage to do so, but h had it in him, he always had. Come oon! Narrowing his brown eyebrows, the Fire King put his hands down, and opened his palms.

Summoning a massive amount of chaotic flames, they would burst from his palms. The sheer force of the flames bursting from his hands like a rocket began to slow his descent, but it would not be enough. Pushing through the pain and the fear, he had already begun to become stronger from these tests Seru had put him through, but this was the first one that would require true strength. Gritting his teeth, Ardere knew he had to amp it up a bit. Adding a bit of crash magic to the black flames, the sparks began to bounce around within the fire, turning it from a black with a red tint, to an almost gold color. The mix of yellow and black proved strong, as he put all of his strength into the flames bursting downwards. Thinking of his love that he missed so much, and his daughter that needed a father to help her through the darkness of his world, he chose to become stronger rather than just fall to his death. Utilizing the gold flames, he finally came to a stop. Using his pyrokinesis, he brought the flames under his feet, and through the special characteristics of his god slaying flames, they were physical enough for him to stand on. It was almost like a cloud of flame that he stood on, breathing heavily. The strain on his body from focusing so hard and exerting so much magical energy had taken a toll on him, but not as much as it would have before he began this journey. Hopefully he had done enough to prove he could stand up, even against the greatest odds, and move on from here. The abyssal world around him was not pleasant, but he could push through it. There had been darkness within the fire mage for so long, but ironically he had managed to find light here. 
    @Chao WC: 1,020

God Force:

Legacy Form:

Chaotic Rumble
    Chaotic Rumble

Dark Insanity

Dark Insanity

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Chaotic Rumble 26th May 2016, 12:19 am

Ardere was to pass out a few seconds later but just before he did, Seru appeared right before him, grabbing his hand with a smirk that basically said, "Well done".  Whilst it was a rather sloppy way of maintaining his composure in "that" world, he had done so, so she could not fault him.  For the final time, Ardere's vision would become completely dark, and he would sleep.  Whenever he would wake up, he wouldn't find Seru around and he'd be in the streets of Terra Ignis, only to find no signs of life anywhere.  The streets were empty, there were no lights on and all that could be heard was the harsh wind and creeping darkness.  He could hear Seru's voice, despite not being able to see her, because she wasn't actually there.

"You failed," she stated bluntly and with no emotion to her voice.  "You failed to live up to your potential and everything you could be...  That, is truly the most pathetic outcome for a so-called leader."  She was scorning him.  "I have sent you home and don't hope to ever go anywhere else; it'll get you killed."  In the distance, groans could be heard, "This, too...  Is a result of your incompetence.  And with that, he could feel that her presence was no longer around.  The road he stood on had multiple cross streets and many buildings hid the continuation of the path.  Seconds later, people were coming from all sides, but...  They weren't exactly people.

They were his citizens, sure, but they were covered in the vile shadows, some pieced with multiple swords and spears, others missing parts of their bodies and organs, one didn't even have either of her legs and was crawling as a result.  They quickly took notice of the only healthy, living being - Ardere.  They completely froze, one of them even crying.  "Y-you...  You...  Left us...  In our time of need..."  Some of them fell to their knees.  "Why...?  WHY?!?!"  All of the citizens rushed towards Ardere, some even pulling out the weapons lodged within them, preparing to strike him down to nothing more than skewers.  An immense killing intent and rage filled the air, one so strong that it would paralyze a normal man, but Ardere was no normal man, was he?

...That's what Seru had been hoping.  She almost felt guilty for putting him through this "test", but...  If he couldn't remain strong and find a solution even after everything has been taken away from him, he would never be able to achieve the strength he desires.  A leader is someone that everyone can look up to even after everything else has been lost...  A glimmer of hope.  Despite everything, they were the ones who could always remain strong, and give even remnants of hope to the weak, no matter how dire the situation.

OOC:
    Alright, we're about to go into our finale!  I'll come straight out with you - this is another illusion, but it's one so real that whatever happens to Ardere there will happen to his body!  Of course, you don't really have a good way of knowing that IC... Which is the beauty of it!  Everything that belongs to Ardere has, well, been taken away from him.  Whenever he goes to his guild, his guild mates will also be dead along with the entire city of Terra Ignis.  Every single person but Ardere is covered in this vile shadow, too; apart from that, their appearances will be up to you, but they have to be dead!  Deader than dead.  Yeah.  The only one who I've set appearance for is your daughter, who has your weapon pierced right in the center of her chest.  Oh yeah, needless to say, everyone is severely disappointed in you and wants to kill you, especially your daughter who will go bat shit crazy when she sees you.

Roleplay the situation out.  Since this is basically the final stage, I want a minimum of 2,000 words.  Feel free to use more.  I don't mind.  Normally, I'd tell you straight out what your task is here, but not this time.  Well, I technically already have and it should be obvious - it's in my actual RP post.  See if you can figure it out!

Good luck!

Bank

Seru's Main Theme

Spoiler:

Seru's Battle theme

Spoiler:
    Ardere Kasai
    Ardere Kasai

The Fire King

The Fire King

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Ardere Kasai 31st May 2016, 4:28 am

Leader of the whole pack
    Beat me black and blue

Fading into the darkness, Ardere felt nothing. It was a void, as if he was in a deep, deep sleep. But this strange abyss only lasted for a few moments when he woke up in Terra Ignis, in the middle of the street. What the? The confusion only lasted for a few seconds before he found his answer, as Seru's voice was before him. Something was off about the world around him, a darker sensation that felt like the one from his childhood had emerged, in his home of all places. The sense of confusion and shock overcame his body as the young woman explained. He had failed? How was that possible? He had overcome the darkness, and her tone was much harsher than before. It almost hurt his feelings, but the warrior inside of him did not give up. The brown haired mage gritted his teeth, holding back his emotions as well as he could. The sense of failure flooded his veins, infecting his very core. Stumbling back, he reached for his sword, but could not find it. The town he had known to love was shrouded, by a form of darkness, he could feel it. Arching his eyebrows, he lashed out. No! I'm not going to accept that! Looking around for the source of her voice, his actions were to no avail. Her presence had disappeared, causing him to stand there, a sense of broken will coursing through his body. But he had to keep it together. Looking around, he noticed the villagers walking towards him, but something was off about them. The people he had sworn to protect, were covered in darkness like he had encountered before. But rather than accepting this, he knew he had to fight until his last breath. There was still a chance to keep on fighting. No... This darkness was unacceptable. It had overtaken those he had fought for, for so long, the citizens he left for his own selfish reasons. 

Tightening his fist, he stood there, shaking. Even with his will to protect, the people of his village dashed towards him, many even armed with weapons. Shaking profusely, he let them attack him. Beating into him, piercing him with their swords, his body of flame ensured that none of his wounds would prompt bleeding, but he still felt the pain. Even though his body reformed in flames, he still felt every slash, and every punch. Ardere could not escape the feeling that he deserved this. Laying into him, the villagers screamed and shouted, as the darkness surrounded the Fire King. Shaking like a small child, he fell to his knees. The world felt so dark, so cold, and so lost. But what would his death prove? Just that he truly was a failure, hence, he could not allowed them to kill him. Smacking his fist into the ground, cracks shot across the earth. The dark villagers stumbled, and he stood up, performing a tornado kick. Knocking several of them back, he leaped upwards. Even though they were consumed by the darkness, he could not kill them, not if there was still a chance to save them. His most redeeming attribute was his ability to overcome incredible odds and maintain his morals, his light, in the darkest of times. The Samurai did not view himself as an Angel, in fact he felt more like a Demon most of the time. Nonetheless, he was a warrior for light, for the good in this world. Landing on top of a nearby roof, he understood his purpose here. Defeating this evil was all he could do to redeem himself, if not correct his wrong-doings. Standing atop the roof, he peered down into his once peaceful city, full of people he no longer knew. The shadow turned them into monsters, a fact he found hard to accept, but one he wanted to correct. Gritting his teeth, the brown haired mage dashed off towards the guild. The current situation was too much to handle, and he found the need to look for his sword. Perhaps it was back at the guild hall, and perhaps his members were holding up there, fighting against this darkness. 

Dashing across the roof tops, he felt the wind rush through his thick brown locks. Narrowing his eyebrows, Ardere had become even more serious and tightly wound than he had in the recent months. His normally laid back attitude was thrown out the window the minute his villagers were taken by the darkness. Punching a hole in the wide of one of the pillars holding up a nearby building, it collapsed on top of itself. The infected villagers tried to follow, but he was far too fast for them. Wind rushing through the plates of his armor, the fire mage leaped from the tallest roof top, into a horde of trees. Moving from tree to tree, leaves and a cloud of dust were left in his wake, as the Midi-styled castle which was his guild hall, grew closer. Increasing the speed in which he was moving, he could hear nothing coming from the hall, even with his enhanced senses. No voices, no movement. Standing at the door, he did not even hear any hear beats or breaths. His heart sank into his stomach, as he slowly opened the door to a wave of darkness. Looking around, he saw nothing but death and shadow. Stepping forward, he looked around at his members stabbed and ripped apart, presumably by the dark ones. He could not help but feel like he had failed them, leaving them behind for his journeys. Shaking, he stumbled forward, looking at the hordes of bodies. Utterly destroyed, the final nail in the coffin was hammered when he heard foot steps coming towards him. It was his daughter, impaled by Clarent. His eyes widened, the fire mage froze. Instantly paralyzed where he stood, he could not even speak. So flabbergasted, his body grew weaker by the moment, and his heart was broken as she leaped towards him. Stepping to the side, he noticed all of his dead guild members stand up, shrouded in darkness, all coming towards him. This darkness had overwhelmed them, and he instinctively filled the room with flames. So filled with fear and rage, he destroyed nearly everything in his path, losing control of his god slaying flames like he was a small child who had just learned the magic.

Celica, Rowan, Jackal, Szeras, Deniel, Enola, Alye, Haretsa and many others, all had tried to kill him. The hordes of members had been beaten back, and by the time he realized what he had done, the lifeless body of his daughter laid in front of him. He knew she had already been dead, but it hurt to knock them all down like that. He was forced to fight the lifeless, darkness ridden, forms of his guild members and even his own daughter. Who could do such a horrible thing? Holding his precious, red haired child in his arms, he pulled her in tight. For the first time in many years, Ardere wept. He sat there with the one he loved most, the one he would give his life for at any time, lifeless in his arms. Wailing, tears gushed out of his eyes, streaming down his face. Screaming with all of his might, he felt every bit of happiness he had ever experienced be utterly shattered. My baby girl. My precious little cinder, fucking shit I'm so sorry. God dammit! Crying for what felt like an eternity, he knew he had to pull his sword out of her chest, she deserved to keep her body intact. Slowly pulling the sword out of her, the tears stopped. He still felt broken and useless, but something felt off to him. How had the sword entered her body in the first place? He took it with him when he entered Seru's world, therefore it could not have been used to kill her. Then possibly if he defeated the darkness that had overtaken his city, he could reverse all of this. Gritting his teeth so hard there was a slight crunching sound, he laid his little girl down, and ripped off his family cloak, placing it over her body. I love you more than life itself Malva, and I will bring you back, even if I have to die in place of you. Picking up his own sword, he reached down and picked up his daughter's blade, which had once been his own, the Kasai family blade. Wielding both powerful blades, he encased them in powerful black flames. Opening his mouth, all of the flames lighting the torches across the entire castle were consumed by the fire mage. The flames filled his body, as a godly aura encased him. His hair turned black, lengthening a bit. His skin became even more pale, a paper white, as a black aura shimmered across his body. Eyes red and flame tattoos covered his face and neck, for a moment, he felt the power of a god in his body. The Fire King had entered god force, ripping off his armor plates, revealing his pale yet toned physique. 

Stepping out of the guild hall, he stood in front of hundreds of darkness covered villagers, all ready to tear him limb from limb. The black aura covering his body was powerful, and so was he. Disappearing for a moment, he engaged the villagers, deflecting sword attacks and hand to hand maneuvers. He aimed for non-lethal places, slashing and kicking his way through hordes of them. Fighting and fighting, he was engaged in a war with them, one he could easily overpower. At this level he could take on the strongest of enemies, but that was not how he would win this battle. It would not return his citizens to normal, and it would not fix his failure. This darkness had to be cleansed, and it required an immense power to do so. So he leaped into the trees, making his way as high as he could before blasting flames from his feet to increased his height. I will never give up. As long as I am breathing, I can keep fighting. Darkness is nothing without a little bit of light, so back to whatever hell hole you came from! Slamming his hand down into the ground, he channeled pure light magic into it. This would be the base for his guild spells as a wave of light erupted in all directions, cleaning the darkness as it went. This particular technique would be utilized by his head of destruction. As a guild master and a leader, he had to be the light standing in the darkness, no matter what. Even when he had lost everything, he could not lose himself. The pain of losing his daughter and loved ones had destroyed him, but it had also reminded him of his purpose in this world; to return the light. Attempting to cleanse the shadows, he watched as the light overtook his guild and city. He was using all of his power, and he knew it would be enough. He had given it all he had, emotionally and physically, shaking to keep the power flowing into the city. The light was so bright, that it would temporarily blind most enemies, but it was even more effective on the darkness. Using all of his power, he had not lost hope. Ardere used up all of his magical power to do this, but it was worth it in the end. Returning light to his city was all he could have hoped for, and as a leader, it was his duty to do so. Light always wins, you bastard. Collapsing with a smile on his face, the guild master let out a heavy breath as he stared up at the bright blue sky, so beautiful, and vast, just like the world. Chuckling a bit, the power had been inside of him all along, just waiting to come out. The pure light his guild was founded on had manifested itself, and it helped him realize where he was meant to go in the future, but it would be a dangerous path. Fortunately, he was ready for it now.
    @Finale!!

God Force:

Legacy Form:

Chaotic Rumble
    Chaotic Rumble

Dark Insanity

Dark Insanity

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Chaotic Rumble 31st May 2016, 7:03 am

Within moments of reclaiming his true light within his world, Ardere would feel a very strange sensation, as though he was moving.  Moments later, he would feel himself in a grassy, windy field and he'd be able to hear from the grass that someone was approaching.  It was Seru.  She looked at him from above with an even more brilliant smile than she had ever had before.  "Hi there!", she said excitedly.  "So...  There must be a lot of things you must be wondering about, right?  Well, I'm going to start off by saying that the last part you experienced wasn't real.  It's something I created for you."  Seru found a spot to lay down next to the exhausted man and stared at the sky with him.  "I don't know much about this world or myself, but strangely enough, I feel as though that I was once a great leader.  That's why when I saw you, I felt obligated to assist you, however, I had to be sure you were one that had the mettle to actually receive your own power.  It'd be pointless otherwise, right?"

Seru remained silent for the next few minutes, getting up from the grassy plains and helping Ardere on his feet.  "I don't know if you feel it yet, but I can; you're a lot stronger, now.  To prove it, I'm going to have you attack me.  Summon all of your energy to do so and strike me as hard as you can with your fire.  Don't worry about me - I can take it."  Seru backstepped ten meters away and took a deep breath, summoning the bright cyan-like energy on her right hand, shooting another grin of confidence towards Ardere as the energy danced in her hand like lightning.  She knew that she was still stronger than he was, but now, he'd be able to fight her on equal footing.  Almost.

Regardless of the attack Ardere would use, Seru would extend her hand outwards in an attempt to cancel out his attack, and while she would weaken it a significant amount, she would fail.  "Did you see that?  That was the same amount of power I used to stop your attack before.  I know that this attack was magical, but the same would have happened if you had used a magical attack.  You're free to try it, if you'd like, but you seem pretty tired after everything I put you through!"  She walked towards him and pat his shoulder just before she would pass him with her now scorched armoured gauntlet, which he'd be able to see if he paid any attention.

"We'll have our sparring match later.  You have something important to take care of, yes?  We're at the Hunting Village - I made sure to bring us here quickly.  If you're still insistent on going to that battle, you may do so, but...  Just never forget what truly is important."  She'd then walk forward away from his sight and place her left hand on her scorched gauntlet, causing it to disappear into cyan energy and be replaced by another, new, unharmed version of it.  She'd turn around and wave at Ardere with a smile.  "Goodbye!  We're definitely going to meet again!"

She summoned the brightest cyan energy she possibly could, her body becoming enveloped in it.  A few seconds later, a flash, and she was gone.  Ardere was in the field alone, but, at last...

He had attained the strength he needed to continue.

OOC:

You pass your S-Rank exam!  Gotta admit, you did the last portion of it slightly different than what I had in mind, but that's what I really like about it!  You did a good job all the way, through and through.  I kinda god moded your character a bit towards the end, but I think that's fine.  You're free to reply if you want - I almost insist that you do, but it's not a requirement this time, but I'm sure you'd like to use one of those flashy S-Rank spells...  Either way, this marks the end of your examination.  Feel free to do whatever the hell you want to do, now.

Bank

Seru's Main Theme

Spoiler:

Seru's Battle theme

Spoiler:

Current date/time is 28th April 2024, 12:20 am