Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Takeover rules

Rosetta Crawford
    Rosetta Crawford

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Villain- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Embodiment of the 13th
    Position : None
    Guild : Blue Pegasus
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : Sky Emperor Shangdi
    Experience : 367,824.5

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Ten No Kichi
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Takeover rules Empty Takeover rules

Post by Rosetta Crawford 16th September 2014, 5:04 am

Not going to use the template because honestly what is the point? Its not a registration. Its a suggestion.

Right...

Currently Takeovers are defined as you being allowed 3 full takeovers and each can be made up of a maximum of four partials. This of course gives you the most benefits in terms of power.

However, what if someone wanted to go more versatile and thus wanted a few more full takeovers. So I was thinking if we keep the maximum partials at twelve....and people don't exceed that then they can have more full takeovers.

For example<
    I could have six full takeovers each with two partials
    I could have four full takeovers each with three partials
    I could have one full takeover with four partials, and three with two.

Now how this would work is that the fewer partials you use to build a full takeover the less of a boost you get.

I think its currently 50% if you use four.
    So put it to 25% if you use three and 10% if you use two.

This gives a much greater diversity.

Also, I think we should allow partial takeovers that don't add up to a full takeover at all. For example, Elfman has tons of 'arms' but most don't seem to be part of a full takeover. Not sure if we have a rule saying you can't have partials that don't add up to a full, but yeah.

Also, how does takeover energy work for a full takeover?

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Takeover rules Zack2_by_gramcrackers-d8ker96

Takeover rules Zack_by_ravenart5-d8j23c0

Takeover rules Zackrose_zpse9a22d85
    Current missions(4/6):  get the squid A, King of Fighters(S), Village Protection(A), Repair the House(D)
    Kirahunter
    Kirahunter

The Phoenix

The Phoenix

Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Rising Star- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- S-Rank- A-Rank- Haiku Contest Participant- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Hero- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Keeper of War
    Experience : 1,250

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Seith - Human Possession
    Second Skill: Stardust
    Third Skill:

Takeover rules Empty Re: Takeover rules

Post by Kirahunter 16th September 2014, 5:22 am

Or we could just drop the takeover rules and let the players do what they want!

The only reason I see for magic rules are for registration purposes(like slayers and gold keys) or because they conflict with certain rules(i.e. how ExQuip causes mix ups with weapon rules).

I never understood why we had rules for takeover, at the least we should reduce the rules to guidelines. Saying "any number of full take overs over X would be considered a strength" and "any number of full take overs under X would be considered a weaknesses." Stuff like that.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

[20:44:53] Kirahunter : also I like the sound of my own voice
    [20:44:59] Kirahunter : so I had to say something

Missions Completed

D- 6 (150 exp)
    C- 1 (50 exp)
    B- 1 (1,050 exp)
    A- 0
    S- 0

Total:1250

Character
    Primary Magic
    Decayuss
    Decayuss

The Nephilim

The Nephilim

Moderator- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Rising Star- Guild Master- Legal Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Rich- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : The True Nephalem
    Guild : Guildless
    Mentor : N/A
    Experience : 0

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Nephalem Take Over
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Decayuss 16th September 2014, 5:19 pm

I actually use Take Over, and I honestly don't see the problem with the rules regarding forms and partials.

Takeover rules Deacy2
    Take Over Forms:

Magic
    Character Sheet
    Hiro Villenn
    Hiro Villenn

Villain- Player 
    Lineage : None
    Guild : N/A
    Mentor : N/A
    Experience : 25

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Soul of Belial
    Second Skill: N/A
    Third Skill:

Post by Hiro Villenn 16th September 2014, 8:48 pm

I like zacks idea.

Hiro Dialogue
    Mephistopheles Dialogue
    Hiro Thoughts

Takeover rules Hiro%27s+Siggy
    Rosetta Crawford
    Rosetta Crawford

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Villain- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Rosetta Crawford 17th September 2014, 12:29 am

I can see Kira's point. I think the main reason is that, like with summoning, takeover can become very powerful very easily (particularly as each form gets like two spells...so you are getting an extra spell for free essentially). Particularly as we provide bonuses.

The main reason i've suggested this slight change to the rules is to give more freedom as to what people want to do with takeover without making it so they can do almost anything.

Current missions(4/6):  get the squid A, King of Fighters(S), Village Protection(A), Repair the House(D)
    Kaseki
    Kaseki

Demon of life

Demon of life

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Coming Storms- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Armored Beast
    Guild : Savage Skull / Aelyst Crux (Dragon Fang Co-Founder)
    Mentor : Dregon (Magic), Master Aoi (Weapons), & Edward (Combat)
    Experience : 150

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Cʏʀᴏᴍᴀɴᴄʏ
    Second Skill: Aʀᴛ ᴏғ ᴡᴀʀ
    Third Skill:

Post by Kaseki 17th September 2014, 11:20 am

So put takeovers like the CS magic?

Each TakeOver is one "Monster". Spells can be from claws to fur, and the final spell, the full take over.

Rosetta Crawford
    Rosetta Crawford

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Rosetta Crawford 17th September 2014, 11:43 am

Nah takeovers are too different to a summon. I like the idea of how it is right now. I just felt it needed to be a bit more flexible.

Mifune
    Mifune

The White Wizard

The White Wizard

Developer/GFX Artist- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Guild Master- Dragon Slayer- H-Rank- S-Rank- Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 6- Veteran Level 5- Veteran Level 4- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Best GFX Artist Award- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Malefic Illusions
    Guild : Guildless
    Mentor : Oykai
    Experience : 500

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Death Wish
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Mifune 28th September 2014, 4:31 am

1 full takeover per rank up?

none at D
    1 at C
    2 at B
    3 at A
    4 at S
    5 at H

couple partials per rank as well.

Cirven
    Cirven

Devil's Advocate

Devil's Advocate

Moderator- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : The Devil Jester
    Experience : 833,050

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Devil's Zeal
    Second Skill: Aphyon Jivven
    Third Skill: Vir'ednith

Post by Cirven 28th September 2014, 6:32 am

Could maybe go with something like Shuhei's idea and just have the full forms have a passive/ability for each partial all under one spell. Should be a partial for the chest, arms, legs and head.

Like they would make the spell be the full form which would require a certain amount of TE but can just partial transform for less. Would end up having a wall of text for it all being under one spell but not too different from reading a list of them.

Takeover rules LxcTBIi
    Character Info:

Current date/time is 9th May 2024, 5:50 am