Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Take Care of My Baby! | Solo Mission.

Skye Earthe
    Skye Earthe

Player 
    Lineage : Knight of Honor
    Position : None
    Guild : Eclipse Soul.
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 406.25

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Celestial Spirit Magic.
    Second Skill: N/A.
    Third Skill:

Take Care of My Baby! | Solo Mission.  Empty Take Care of My Baby! | Solo Mission.

Post by Skye Earthe 27th July 2014, 3:29 am

Spoiler:

Lately, it seemed that Skye spent little time at the guild. It wasn't that it was trashy or boring to be in. He was entirely sure why he didn't just sit around the guild hall, mingle, make new friends just for a day. Something inside of him wanted to become stronger and more of a worthy wizard to do that. So here he was, on his way to his next daring, dangerous, thrilling mission: Taking care of a baby. It seemed silly, that someone would post something as absurd as that for anybody to take of their child. It did say on the flyer however, that this baby was.. inhumane and dangerous? What did that even mean? If the baby was that much of a problem, why would they want to leave an unsuspecting stranger to them? It didn't really matter to Skye, though. He knew exactly what he would do. He figured he would be good enough with kids. He never really got angry; he was a happy & playful guy, practically a child himself. Sabre tooth wasn't too far from Magnolia, the home of the Fairy Tail Guild. Skye would much rather his guild be inside a town where jobs were only minutes away, but he knew once he aquatinted himself further with Sabre Tooth all would be well and worth it.

After trekking land for hours, the soft soil quickly turned to cobblestone ground and he arrived in the renowned city of Magnolia. It was only then that Skye realised finding the house as the sun began to set would probably be a more difficult task than taking care of the baby himself. Plus, he knew Columba would be able to help. She naturally had a soothing aura with her, plus being his mother's previous spirit he knew she would have somewhat of an experience with caring for a child. The sky painted itself with oranges, reds and purples, as Skye continued searching for this house, no matter how much he felt that he'd seen all of Magnolia already. Sticking to a river that seemed to run through the city, the voice of a woman caught his ear. "Hey, you! You look lost. Are you that wizard babysitter person?!" Oh, I knew I'd find it! Rushing over to the woman, she quickly scolded him momentarily for being late, before telling him further details. "There shouldn't really be any trouble. We'll be back in a few hours, and if you don't put the baby to sleep, I don't think we'll pay you! Sorry for all the troubles, be safe!" With that, the married couple rushed off deeper into the city, leaving Skye and the baby all alone.

Letting out a sigh of relief, Skye saw this as a chance to relax and get some well-deserved rest for the amount of work and time it took him just to get here. Turning around to face the child, Skye couldn't help but let out an "Awwh", before realising he was reaching for a vase sitting on the table beside him. "Hey, no! Dude, stop it! Wait, i don't even know your name!" Looking at the window helplessly as he caught one last glance of the couple vanishing into the city. "I guess I'm on my own then." Quickly readjusting where the crib was. If this baby was so troublesome, why not just move him into the middle of the room where nothing was reachable? Smiling to himself to what appeared to be a genius plan, a loud gargled cry came from the baby. I forgot they did that, huh. Not sure whether or not the child was hungry, bored, needed to be held or had pooped itself, Skye stared at it blankly for a good 5 minutes before his mind finally clicked. "Please help! Open, Gate of the Dove, Columba!" As the spirit appeared before him, he begged her to help. "Colly, please. I have no clue what to do." She giggled, looking over the crying infant. "Of course, sir. It just wants to be held, Skye. No need to act so helpless." As she cradled the child, Skye looked for the remaining necessities for caring for a young life. Diapers, baby bottle, everything? He had only just realised how stupidly vague and unclear his own contractors had been. Was this just a staged plan for the murder of their child? Were they that cruel? "Skye, everything is on the kitchen counter. I would recommend calming down, you're flustered." Dumbfounded, Skye could only laugh at his own stupidity. "What would I do on my own? I'm a mess, bahah." Looking at a small paper scribbled with instructions, Skye prepared a baby bottle for future use, while also turning the table the materials had been laying on into a diaper changing station, for whenever the kid thought it was time to do his business.

Columba returned to the spirit world as the tears from the baby stopped, as Skye hovered his face over the crib after thanking his spirit for the help. Picking up a variety of different toys and stuffed animals scattered within the crib, he and the baby shared laughs and giggles with one another, and for a brief moment Skye was completely satisfied with taking this job. That was, until a putrid smell floating into his nose. "You didn't. You totally didn't just do that. That's gross, man." Turning around to make sure his diaper station was ready, Skye went back to pick up the baby, only to find that he somehow managed to climb out of his crib and begin is crawl towards the kitchen, leaving a trail of stench behind him. "I'm going to call you Mofo. 'Cause that's exactly what you are, ya hear?" Thinking that catching the baby seemed like an easy task, but boy could this baby crawl. The stench didn't make Skye any faster, either. Somehow, being the clumsy dweeb he is, Skye lost his footing on the flat wood floors, smashing straight down on his face. How was he supposed to become a stronger wizard if he keeps getting bested by a baby? Swinging his key back into the air, Columba appeared, doing the magic that she could somehow do. Laying on the floor, face fool of nothing but shame, it took him a good 10 minutes before he gained the courage to stand back up, as a silent, pleasant smelling, sleeping baby rest in the dove's delicate arms. "Wh-.. How? Whatever. he's asleep. It's been hours. Good job. I love you so much right now, you have no idea." He could have rambled on and on, this job was obviously out of his tier. A D-Rank job, really? This deserved at least an A-rank. "I do my best, sir. May I return to the spirit world?" Nodding his head yes, she dispersed in a bright yellow light, as the door to the house opened. "We're home~~! Oh, he's asleep! How did you do it? One minute, let me get your jewels, darling." Once handed the bag he quickly made his way for the door. "Thanks for everything, the jewels the fun time, yea. Bye! Have a nice life!" Before shutting the door behind him he could hear the last words from the household he would ever hear again. "Why does it smell so... bad, in the kitchen?" He just then realised he had no idea where the poop-filled diaper had gone. Oops.

WC: 1249/1000

Current date/time is 7th May 2024, 7:31 am