Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

The Grace of the Phoenix [DONE]

PhoenixRises101
    PhoenixRises101

Player 
    Lineage : Aspect of Terra
    Position : None
    Guild : Rune Knights (Dragon Fang Member)
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 0

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Phoenix Fire
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

The Grace of the Phoenix [DONE] Empty The Grace of the Phoenix [DONE]

Post by PhoenixRises101 21st June 2014, 1:59 pm

Magic

Primary Magic: Grace of the Phoenix
    Secondary Magic: N/A
    Caster or Holder: Mainly Caster.
    Description:
    The Phoenix Fire is a gift given to a mage by the great Phoenix itself. The Phoenix deems a person worthy of the gift through the action the individual has preformed, type of soul the individual holds, and the ability and strength to serve as host. As any host, the individual must give a part of themselves in order to continue to contain and channel the power. The Phoenix gifts the person the ability and qualities of itself in return for something that a Phoenix deems worthy. Bea did not seek to win this gift from the Phoenix, but was rather forced into the role due to her being a strong host for its power and her fiery passion. Bea had to learn to control her power through channeling and storing her magic deep inside within soul.

The Phoenix deals with psychic fire rather than that of elemental fire so slayers cannot consume the fire. The caster is able to use the psychic fire the same way as the elemental kind, but the properties ad effects are quite different. As the fire is connected to the soul, the fire has the ability to project to the caster's feelings and thoughts so that it recognizes allies from threats. As she grows stronger, i.e. ranks up, she will be able to use psychic attacks more efficiently.

Strengths:
    -Its strength can reach from very little damage to catastrophic damages depending on will power.
    -Slayers and any other fire consuming mages or monsters cannot consume the fire it create as the fire does not contain the properties of the elemental kind.
    -The caster is incredibly resistant to fire and psychic attacks.

Weaknesses:
    -Some of her spells cannot be used with the fire she creates, therefore she will need the aid of a match, lighter, or open flame.
    -Although it is psychic fire, water and ice can wear down its barriers.
    -As the Phoenix Fire is connected to her soul, she must remain emotionally strong. Breaking her down emotionally causes the fire to tone down.
    -Must control emotions when in use or it may end up backfiring or damaging an ally she was upset with.
    -Some of her spells require the aid of an open flame even though its properties are changed when it is used.

Abilities/Powers:
    -Changed Properties: Fire that that caster uses, whether manufactured or self created, has their properties changed as it is linked to her mind and soul. Therefore, as it is of the elemental kinds, slayers who she does not get along with or opponents who devour the fire will get damage of half a D-rank every three posts.
    -Phoenix Link:  Ability to summon the Phoenix, only in dire need, to aid them in a quest. The Phoenix cannot harm opponents, but helps guide the caster to make the right deciscions. Also, because of the link, the caster has the ability to transfer into the Phoenix.
    -Phoenix Force and Bird Senses: This is what keeps her in-tune with the Phoenix. Tapping into her inner Phoenix tires Bea, slowing her down by 5% for one post, but it enhances her eyesight, strength, speed, and agility adding grace to her moves such as that of a Phoenix for the remainder of the thread after one post.
    -Regeneration: Throughout the thread, Bea will be able to regenerate, heal, herself in as is the magical properties of the Phoenix. 10% HP every two posts.
    -Ally Recognition: Because the fie is connected to her mind and soul, the fire that she uses will recognize allies and give them a 5% HP boost and harm enemies.  
    -When in pressense of incredibly high temperatures, she is able to tap into the Phoenix Force faster and cooldown lowers by one and MP increases by 5%.

D-Rank Spells:
    PhoenixRises101
    PhoenixRises101

Player 
    Lineage : Aspect of Terra
    Guild : Rune Knights (Dragon Fang Member)
    Experience : 0

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Phoenix Fire
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

The Grace of the Phoenix [DONE] Empty Re: The Grace of the Phoenix [DONE]

Post by PhoenixRises101 9th July 2014, 4:00 pm

Buuuuuuuuump~

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Grizzly
    Grizzly

Planeswalker

Planeswalker

X-Mas Event Participant- Player 
    Lineage : Aspect of Vulcan
    Guild : Guildless
    Experience : 135

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Barrier Magic
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Grizzly 10th July 2014, 10:23 am

Righto miss PhoenixRises101. I'm Adele and prepare for a long-winded post. I already apologize for the length and wordiness of the following.

Your magic proves a problem. It's not your specific design or you that is the problem, it is the placement of your magic in the CURRENT meta. The phoenix in our verse is an all-powerful creature, immortal, godly and even above those pesky dragons. Now, in the prospect of that, your story WOULD be able to work. Sadly, it doesn't. And that is because of the member "Kirahunter" who is currently occupying the title of chosen one by the phoenix.

https://www.fairytail-rp.com/t6255-phoenix-fire-updated-for-a-rank#89265

Check out his app. You'll notice first thing that his primary sentence in his description already gives reason to deny this entire app. If you don't want to look for it, it is "Phoenix Fire is a lost magic that only one human in the world is capable of using at any one time.". Now, I am not someone who outright denies magic apps, so I will tell you that there are ways to make this work. But be sure you will HAVE to tweak your magic. I'm sorry, but you came in at the wrong time to make this app as it has already been done :/

Prior to your options, a quick clearup what the phoenix actually is. It is part of this job https://www.fairytail-rp.com/t5198-phoenix-fire and in our meta, perhaps just the most powerful creature to ever exist. It is immortal, intelligent, more powerful than just about any mage on-site, and part of one of the most difficult jobs. Additionally, someone has created a story with the phoenix in which he DIED but accidentally caused a magical reaction to have him be reborn. So, with that info, you can imagine why your magic doesn't make sense in the current meta.

Now, your primary two possibilities to make this magic work without many complications (although they will require large edits) are:

1. Keep the style of your magic (elemental, bursty, damage-y, allrounder magic) but change its focus. Meaning, you can keep your spells and the fire aspect, but you change it from coming from a phoenix to something else. The possibilities are endless.

2. Change the style of your magic but keep its focus. What does that mean? Well, instead of changing that you are focusing around the phoenix, you change the style and make it feasible in the meta. Meaning that even though you are not the CHOSEN one by the phoenix, you have found ways to make yourself similar to it and copy the phoenix's flames.
    Options are: Take-over (phoenix take-over passed down by your family, friends, a phoenix you once found and have done stuff with etc.), Re-quip (phoenix requip by summoning ancient weapons infused with the phoenix flames), Rune magic (you use runes to summon the phoenix's fire and by that, you yourself are not the phoenix but simply summon his power onto the battlefield)

None of the above options would break the meta, Kira's magic or his relation to the phoenix. You can simply not be the "chosen one" with the lost magic directly being the phoenix.

If you have any questions up until now, I'll make a break and tell you, reread what you just read and be precise about questions. I'm not done yet.

Next part is about other options you have that are quite inconvenient for you, but would perhaps be less problematic in the long run.

3. You can ask Kira about forging an IC relationship in which he TEACHES you phoenix magic. If he says no, this will of course fall away, but if you're persuasive enough I'm positive that there is a chance that he will agree.

4. Completely change your magic. This one is quite inconvenient because of the work you've put in so far. It would cause less problems in the long run however, as you wouldn't be breaking the meta anymore and don't have to work your way around it.

Lastly, I hope you don't take this personal and are willing to make the effort to perhaps keep this magic. Magics relating to our meta are always welcome and encouraged. Just the way you're doing it doesn't work. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. If you have any propositions that would work differently, I'm open to discuss anything with you, but before checking your ACTUAL mechanics, I have to get this out of the way.

I hope you understand, Adele.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Lyserg - Grizz - Sinbad

Character
    Kirahunter
    Kirahunter

The Phoenix

The Phoenix

Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Rising Star- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- S-Rank- A-Rank- Haiku Contest Participant- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Hero- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Keeper of War
    Experience : 1,250

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Seith - Human Possession
    Second Skill: Stardust
    Third Skill:

Post by Kirahunter 10th July 2014, 11:22 am

I do hope you don't mind me posting in here Adele but I think it is appropriate since it is my magic causing the conflict. First I want to thank you for protecting my self-claimed patent on the phoenix flame and second I would like to propose a solution.

IC teaching my magic would be impractical and probably unnecessary. I would rather not go through that.

So I would like to offer this solution:

It is written in this app that the magic uses a psychic fire. Meanwhile "The Phoenix" and myself use a celestial fire. This detail here I think can be used to work around the meta conflict.

Her magic could hinge around a psychic connection with The Phoenix allowing her to imitate it's powers. However it would be different from my connection to The Phoenix which is a physical connection. So where I copy the actual flames themselves she would copy the techniques of the phoenix while using a unique fire.

I would personally be okay with that exception being made.

However if we do go this route I would request that Bea must create a thread akin to this one
    https://www.fairytail-rp.com/t7669-bargaining-with-the-beast
    that was required of me when I made my Phoenix Fire.

I really don't want to be a hindrance to anyone but as Adele said as it is things won't work in the current meta.

[20:44:53] Kirahunter : also I like the sound of my own voice
    [20:44:59] Kirahunter : so I had to say something

Missions Completed

D- 6 (150 exp)
    C- 1 (50 exp)
    B- 1 (1,050 exp)
    A- 0
    S- 0

Total:1250

Character
    Primary Magic
    Grizzly
    Grizzly

Planeswalker

Planeswalker

X-Mas Event Participant- Player 
    Lineage : Aspect of Vulcan
    Guild : Guildless
    Experience : 135

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Barrier Magic
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Grizzly 11th July 2014, 5:50 am

Phoenix, I wrote you that pm prior to me reading Kira's proposition. If you are willing to forge a thread in the history section or in the current fluidity of our time, you are very welcome to do that.

If you make such a thread, there are several possibilities to justify this link.

You can be part of an ancient clan that has hailed to the phoenix for decades, or millenniums before even the first real cities existed. Meaning that you are essentially part of a religious group that has the phoenix in the center of its belief forms. That of course, would not limit you as you could have your character break out of the clan's strictness. Here, there is a high chance to create a conflict for your character she has to resolve. (the whole tradition vs. modern issue) I won't go further into it, but I'll just say I support these kinds of stories.

You can also make a thread in which you beseech the phoenix through ancient methods of meditative magic. Meaning you create a "Psychic Link Magic: The Phoenix" and actually create a thread in which you actively do that. If that thread is created in the current time or in the history section is up to you.

With that in mind, the possibilities are as said, endless. You can create stories over stories to justify YOUR personal type of bond to the one phoenix. Kira, as said, is already fine with it as long as you keep focus on the fact that you have a psychic link, and not a physical one.

Additionally, I can also say magical links with other styles magic would also work. Personally, I can also support Rune Summon Magic: Phoenix Flames in which you don't copy the phoenix's techniques but use his flames. Something like that. It is your turn to think about it now and show me your decision for review.

Have fun brainstorming about this ^^ ~
    Sincerely thanking for your understanding,
    Adele.

Lyserg - Grizz - Sinbad

Character

Current date/time is 7th May 2024, 5:17 pm