Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Sister Site

Mifune
    Mifune

The White Wizard

The White Wizard

Developer/GFX Artist- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Guild Master- Dragon Slayer- H-Rank- S-Rank- Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 6- Veteran Level 5- Veteran Level 4- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Best GFX Artist Award- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Malefic Illusions
    Position : None
    Guild : Guildless
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : Oykai
    Experience : 500

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Death Wish
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Sister Site Empty Sister Site

Post by Mifune 1st March 2014, 7:22 am

is suggestion is sort of out there and may only be useful in the distant future.

but I just sort of had this idea of a sister site, another Fairy Tail forum owned and operated by the same people and made to sort of connect with this one. It would be set in the same universe as this forum, and characters would be transferable from this one to the other one

the only difference is that the forum setting is in anther country or continent. Things that happen on that forum would affect this forum, etc. It'd basically be like another subforum on this forum, except with different forum layout and design, to really give it the sensation of another country. Same rules, templates, systems etc.

The purpose of this would be to limit clutter on this forum. Integrate the two enough so that the two forums can share the load.

It'd be difficult to start, but it might be cool to have 2 forums working as one.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Godlike Frederik
    Godlike Frederik
    The Forsaken

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- 11 Sinner- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Apex of Darkness
    Guild : Errings Rising
    Experience : 258,417

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Plague Craft
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Sister Site Empty Re: Sister Site

Post by Godlike Frederik 4th March 2014, 4:46 am

I think your right, two different site yet aligned with each other so that their site plots also interacts sounds really awesome. But as you said, it something for in the distant future. Or maybe not, it all depends on the grow of this site. And the influx of new members off course.

Like if we suddenly had an exponentially grow of members, then a secondary site might even become closer then we think.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Serapheal
    Serapheal

Moderator- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- H-Rank- S-Rank- Richie Rich- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Genisis Key
    Guild : 尺u刀乇 ズ刀ノgんイ丂
    Mentor : []D [] []V[] []D
    Experience : 0

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Claire Mierre
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Serapheal 4th March 2014, 8:57 am

I would support the fluff out of this.   Fiore is mildly boring,  I've never seen another kingdom used in a Fairy Tail roleplay.

I know a lot about the other countries,  to the point I was made plans for a fairy tail RP of my own involving each of them heavily and equally.   I'm also very familiar with the nations as cannon to this site/universe specifically.  

I would love to help manage the other site.   I imagine Shuhei might as well,  considering it was his idea.  An idea I've toyed with in the past only loosely.  

Seijin,  Zeno,  all the Admins from one would be admins on the other if they choose,  or at least some of the positions can be taken by those who dedicate their time to just the one and not divert their load between the two.

It wouldn't be like a new form,  but an import.   Everyone would be encouraged to join both and just use them both.  It'd be no different from making an Alt character.    Each site would be prominently displayed in the side panel to the right --->   With not the site's names labeled,  but the country's name.  

Characters from either site could easily cross over,  simply linking to their normal character apps as they would usually do, it'd just take them to the Sister instead of this one.  

People could be given a single reserved character slot specifically for use on either site they are not primarily on,  or they could sacrifice their already used characters to empty a slot,  or use a normal empty slot.

The best countries for this would be Desierto, Minstrel,  Bellum, or Seven.    I wish I could say Pergrande,  but Heero's vision of Pergrande kind of killed it as a viable place to host a whole RP,  and not a singular topic here and there.

Bosco or Minstrel are the best I'd think.  Desierto might be considered boring to a chunk of people (All depends on how it's made,  I can definitely see it being epic,  but I don't know how whoever would make it would make it,  so I'd rather not bet on it),   Seven is too close to Fiore to really have it's own plot.     Mistrel is similarly close,  but it's the second largest kingdom behind Pergrande and it's less of an issue,  in addition to being separated from Fiore by a sea.  

Bellum is Fiore-sized Welll... I guess it's twice the size.... but same general ballpark, compared to midi and pergrande,   had an even better magic base than Fiore,   and has one massive lake on one side,  is connected to the ocean on the other,  and is sandwiched between Pergrande and Desierto.    It's proximity to Sin makes it a decent spot where unique creatures that realistically IC wouldn't make it to Fiore (Not that the OOC would care about such thing,  as anything ends up showing in Fiore just as well as anything could show up in Bellum.  But hey.).

Edit again:

I would further recommend,  we do something entirely new.  

There are three unknown landmasses in Earthland.

Sister Site B99b878b-c67d-4179-9347-5503007d42fe_zps88f3fcf7

To the top-left,  top-right,  and bottom-right.

There was also a small island in the bottom-left,  that seems to be excluded from this map in particular.    

We could use one of those to create a country wholly unique to this universe.

Sister Site XeQjtg0
    Mifune
    Mifune

The White Wizard

The White Wizard

Developer/GFX Artist- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Guild Master- Dragon Slayer- H-Rank- S-Rank- Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 6- Veteran Level 5- Veteran Level 4- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Best GFX Artist Award- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Malefic Illusions
    Guild : Guildless
    Mentor : Oykai
    Experience : 500

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Death Wish
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Mifune 4th March 2014, 12:14 pm

We already have subforums in place for those areas.

My original idea was for the sister site to be an entirely different continent, with several countries if needed.  It would have its own positions similar to Dragon Slayers.  Someone could work on certain custom magics for the forum to have...

We could even take ideas from Hiro Mashima's other stories such as Monster Hunter if people like that idea more. Slayers vs Hunters

Current date/time is 27th April 2024, 1:05 am