Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Never Be Forgotten

Vandrad Ragnos
    Vandrad Ragnos

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Player 
    Lineage : Traveller of the Multiverse
    Position : None
    Guild : Fairy Tail
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 7,808,129

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Energy Monarch
    Second Skill: Ark of the Dread Masters
    Third Skill:

Never Be Forgotten Empty Never Be Forgotten

Post by Vandrad Ragnos 3rd October 2023, 5:32 pm

There’s no fair or unfair in battle.
    ( There is only victory or in your case, defeat. )
    Never Be Forgotten RJtajUnz_o

Today was going to be a sad day.

Given the whirlwind that had been the past several days, it would have been easy to forget that a part of their lives, a constant that had been there for years now, was leaving. And it wasn’t just someone who was departing for new horizons; it was one that was leaving to pass gracefully, if only could call it that, from life into what lay beyond. It was definitely not an easy subject to address or confront and most of them probably had opted not to think about it. The fact of the matter was that they couldn’t avoid it and now that all the celebrating and settling down was over, it was time for Blade to take his final trip.

For the sake of allowing Cillian to come and say goodbye, something both Blade and Mercury had been vocal about, they couldn’t hold the farewell at New Rhaegar. So Mythal and Serilda had graciously offered to host the event, however short it was. It was true that Blade didn’t wish to make a big deal out of the matter; he’d taken Vandrad’s words to heart and partied hard during Genesis’ celebration. He’d considered that his farewell party and simply wanted one last chance to share some words with the people he’d grown fond of, befriended even. Plus Serilda would be supplying the portal for him to head home; he’d left his ship in the care of Grubar and Hosrius to do as they saw fit. The only thing he would be taking with him would be his sword, reforged thanks to Vandrad, to use as the key to his departure.

But it seemed that Mythal and Serilda intended on hosting people afterwards, undoubtedly to allow people the opportunity to connect, share stories and grieve. It was… nice, in a strange way, to think that they would miss him. For so long, he hadn’t really connected with anyone. Sure, he’d spent time around the galaxy but he’d always kept people at arm’s length. He always had a feeling his journey to finally bring a stop to Maker would end in his death and while the two hadn’t exactly aligned, the result would still be the same.

“You’re not scared, are you?”

Blade heard his brother speak to him through their conjoined soul, the very image of his elder sibling appearing in his mind’s eye. Blade had found himself in what he could only assume was one of the libraries in Mythal and Serilda’s home, given the size of the structure. He had picked up a book sitting on one of the shelves and idly thumbed through it. They were waiting for the last few people to arrive before he could say his goodbyes and he wanted some time to himself before. Time to think on what he wanted to say. “Would you think less of me if I said I was, valonqar?”

“Not at all. You’ve just seemed… very brave and accepting. I was a bit concerned, if I’m being honest,” Halcyon said with a chuckle.

“I came to grips with my death long ago. When I sat on my knees, defeated, unable to stop Maker from leaving after he had just vanquished you all. Though Teras still refers to me as Raeran, the man with that name died long ago. I’m just his ghost; looking to deal with my unfinished business. And now that it's done, I can finally rest easy.” He paused as he gently closed the book. “Hearing that you and the rest of our people could be saved… it did anger me, for a time. Knowing that there was an opportunity to be reunited with you all once more, only to be diagnosed with such a terrible fate, one brought on by my own fault. I don’t regret my choice; I would have made it again if I was given a chance to go back. But eventually, I accepted it.” He turned his gaze to look out the nearest window. “The only thing that keeps this from becoming a perfect ending is the fact that you can’t reunite with our people.”

“I don’t want to reunite with our people. Not that I have anything against them but… I refuse to let you go back to the planet alone and suffer your last moments in solitude. I know that you probably prefer it that way but your spirit will be trapped there once your physical form has perished. And wandering a planet alone is a terrible fate. The one called Quentin informed me that when you pass, our souls will become two, though still entwined. So together we can watch over the remnants of our people, unseen guardians of long-gone people.”

Blade smiled softly and nodded. “You’re always finding one way or another to look out for me, aren’t you, valonqar?”

“It’s my duty.” The swordsman could almost feel Halcyon’s hand on his shoulder once more.

"Blade.”

The last Terran turned to find Vandrad standing in the doorway alone. "It’s time,” the future king said with a nod.

Blade returned it and after a moment to collect his thoughts, placed the book back on the shelf. He would follow Vandrad out into the main hallway, where everyone had gathered about. Blade silently made his way through the group so he could move into a place where he could see them all fully. Once there, he turned to face them. “Thank you all for coming,” he began, his gaze passing over each member of the gathered group. “I don’t intend to make this a long, drawn out goodbye. But I wanted to express my deepest gratitude to each of you before we parted ways.”

Words: 954 | Tag: @Mercury Arseneault | © marzia at shine & gs.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Mercury Arseneault
    Mercury Arseneault

Lineage : Gold Rush
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Experience : 6,857,298

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Gunblade Master
    Second Skill: Mecha Primordial Slayer
    Third Skill:

Never Be Forgotten Empty Re: Never Be Forgotten

Post by Mercury Arseneault 3rd October 2023, 8:00 pm

Mercury Banner
    Cunning is the art of concealing our own defects
    and discovering other peoples' weaknesses.
    The only reason Mercury had gotten any sleep the night before was due to how hard she had partied at Genesis’ celebration. She, Blade, Patricia, and Hosrius had had quite the evening with one another, and the Xocili had managed to swallow her anxiety for a few hours to make sure Blade had a proper time that wasn’t tainted by the loom of the morning. However, she’d still had difficulty not just falling asleep, but staying asleep. She had been abnormally quiet all morning, too, barely speaking a word to anyone. It had taken some coaxing to get her to Serilda and Mythal’s house.

Blade had not wanted anything long or drawn out for his send off, and the Rune Knights had honored the request. They did not prepare anything except a private space in which to meet, with most of the staff having been given the day off. Blade had been one of the first to arrive, aside from those presently staying in the Sinclair-Ragnos household, the Terran electing to wait alone in one of the studies until everyone had arrived. While Serilda really hadn’t gotten to know Blade too terribly well, or at least enough to consider him a friend rather than an ally, it was still a somber moment, and she busied herself with being a good host, making sure everyone was greeted upon arrival, particularly those who had never been to the home before.

Saffron was one of the first to arrive. Out of everyone present, the blonde had arguably spent the least amount of time with Blade. She’d really only met him during the small handful of meetings they’d shared together, and unlike most of the rest of the gathered party she hadn’t even gone on any jobs with him or spent time doing research with him. Hell, the only reason she’d even been involved was because of Seberg, not Maker. She certainly wasn’t chipper, but there was a certain level of detachment to the situation. Choosing to more or keep keep herself out of everyone else’s way as she almost always did, Saffron merely hung back and chatted with Vriko while also playing with Alexia and Naomi; the blonde utterly adored children, so she was more than happy to keep the toddlers preoccupied so Seri and Mythal wouldn’t have to keep as firm of an eye on them.

Agatha, Ruzatz, and Monica showed up shortly after, the couple their usual selves for the most part. The Hand kept herself composed, but there was a softness to her that betrayed her sadness over the situation. She had always been an empath in nearly every sense, a woman that wore her heart on her sleeve and wasn’t afraid to be sad or vulnerable. The weight of everyone else’s emotions was making it more difficult for her to keep herself distracted, but like in all things she handled herself with dignity and class.

Khelben and Zemenar had arrived with the rest of the Rhaegarian group, the Xocili mostly keeping by his father and chatting idly with those around him. He, too, was one of the few that had limited exposure to Blade, having really only been pulled in at the very last moment to help in the fight against Maker. So like Saffron, he elected to keep himself out of the way, though his gaze did dart occasionally toward Vriko. She hadn’t talked to him since their dance the night prior, the one that she had quite literally run away from. Cedric had insisted that she was fine, just overwhelmed, and he believed the man. But, that didn’t mean there wasn’t a presence of awkwardness and uncertainty between them for the time being. He didn’t plan on approaching her, however. If she needed space, then he absolutely was not going to force his company on her.

Cillian was one of the last to arrive. He probably should have felt more concerned about being inside the home of the two leaders of the Rune Knights, with nearly everyone present being more than well aware at this point of what he was. Technically, he should have been on an arrest list. But it seemed an exception would be made out of respect and gratitude toward the help he’d been in Blade and Mercury’s research. He’d spent the last several months with the pair at Silver Wolf providing as much knowledge as he could about the necromantic arts, which seemed to be the closest related thing that Nym – as it eventually came to be known as – could be compared to. Add to that the fact that he had joined Blade and Mercury on an unfathomably dangerous journey to get answers, putting his life and soul on the line for people he didn’t even know, and the fact that he was dating one of Serilda and Mythal’s top generals… and well, arresting him wasn’t exactly as black and white as it would otherwise seem.

“Cillian,” Serilda greeted him at the door, “Please, come in.”

“Oh, uh.. Thanks. Sorry if I’m late. I got a little turned around trying to find the place.”

“It’s no trouble, you’re not late at all. We’re glad you could make it.”

The necromancer stepped inside, taking an idle glance around at his surroundings and the people there. Originally he’d figured the only people he’d recognize were Mercury and Blade, but it seemed there were some familiar faces. Well, several actually. Mostly women that had recently seen a lot more of him than he’d ever expected to show of himself, but the two that caught his eye were Ruzatz and Cedric. He gave them a friendly wave and wandered over to chat with them.

It wasn’t long after that that Vandrad elected to go collect the Terran, seeing as how everyone was present. The room quieted when the future king returned with Blade, who moved to a spot in the room where he could see them all. Saffron was holding Alexia comfortably on one hip, coming from the living room to stand with everyone else. The entire group fanned out in the space so they could all see him clearly, and vice versa.

Pretty much the only one that was reluctant to do so was Mercury. The Xocili had picked a spot near the other side of the hallway, a few steps back and behind everyone else. Her arms were crossed over her chest and she had picked a spot on the floor to stare at as she warred with her steadily building denial, anxiety and grief. The normally composed woman had no control of her usual mask at that moment. She was already battling tears, her body visibly trembling as she fought the urge to run out of the room entirely. Bandit sat on her shoulder, attempting to preen and soothe her to little avail; as far as anyone looking at her would be able to tell, Mercury didn’t even seem to be aware of the bird’s presence. She didn’t even look at Blade when he spoke up, announcing his wish to not draw things out, rather just wishing to take a quick moment to speak to each of them before he left, though the empaths in the room would certainly feel her anxiety spike to a concerning level.

Serilda took up the reins briefly, giving the man an understanding nod. “Of course. Would you prefer to speak with all of us here in the open, or would you like private meetings? You are more than free to make use of the study if you wish to have a moment alone with anyone. Our house is yours.”

WORDS: 1273 | @Vandrad Ragnos
    Serilda Sinclair

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Vandrad Ragnos
    Vandrad Ragnos

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Vandrad Ragnos 4th October 2023, 4:43 pm

“If it’s all the same to everyone, I think… I’d rather speak to everyone gathered together. There are several of you that I’ve only gotten the chance to spend a little time with and I’d rather not waste your time with speaking one on one with certain individuals and leaving the others to the side. Besides…” He trailed off slightly, his eyes moving slightly off center as he pondered his words. “I came to you as a group. Though I have spent more time with certain people in comparison to others, I was embraced by you all as a collective. I wish to honor that by speaking to you all together, as well as speaking to individuals as well, if that makes sense.”

He once more looked over the group. “I cannot express in proper words just how much you have meant to me. Whatever little amount of time we spent together, you all sacrificed your time, effort and even put your lives on the line to help me. I understand Maker was a threat to your world but you still honored my mission and respected the vastness and the dangerousness of it. I have grown fond of each one of you; Saffron and Cedric, though I know nothing about the details of your relationship, I see a trust and strengthened connection so rare in friends. I do hope you will continue to stay close to one another and embrace one another’s strength. Gren, Vriko and the rest of the honorable du Wolffs; you have provided me insight, a place of safety in which to rest for both me and the others that came from beyond the stars. Your kindness, generosity and strength of character is rare in the cosmos and I know each and every person here knows it but I wish to thank you from the bottom of my heart for all you have done for me.”

“It was our honor, Blade,” Themesycia spoke up for the group, giving him a courteous and respectful bow of her head. Vriko seemed a bit taken aback that she had been named and so well honored, her head perking up to look at the Terran. She had been somewhat side-eyeing Khelben, trying not to look at him without him noticing but also not to look at him too much.

Blade returned the nod and continued. “Dinah… we didn’t get a chance to talk much but I wanted to thank you. Genesis was a perplexing man but one with a good heart, I was happy to find. And you seemed like the best of any friend he could ask for. Thank you for watching after him and helping him remain the good person he was up until the end. To the Sinclair-Ragnos household, I am humbled by your compassion and caring. Such strong individuals that would do anything to protect anyone around you, even going as far as to fight a maniac like Patricia Reeves did or to travel lightyears away to a world you’ve never seen and bring hope back into my life, that I thought I had lost forever.”

Mythal gave the Terran a nod as well, reaching over to take Serilda’s hand in his. “Vandrad… thank you for saving my life. I know not what strange power you used but were it not for you, I’ve no doubt our fight against Maker would have ended in failure. And you are a man with a heart so strong and confident, it shines like a thousand suns. Never lose that. Khelben, Zemenar… I am sad I didn’t get a chance to get to know either of you better or more of your people. But the conviction and bravery you both showed, especially considering everything you’ve had to go through, speaks for every race and creed that ever had to go through suffering. I am honored that I got a chance to see what the Xocili were like, freed of their slavery and empowered to make their own way. Agatha, Ruzatz and Agatha; for all your effort in helping, assisting and offering guidance and information, thank you. You are… an odd lot, I admit, but I cannot help but appreciate the relationship you have among yourselves and your guildmates. I am sure a bright and exciting future awaits you.”

He turned his eyes over to Grubar and Hosrius. “You two have been the closest thing to family to me for years. And admittedly, I have been awful at keeping in communication,” he said, with a small, half-hearted laugh.

“Well, you were a little busy,” Hosrius compounded onto the joke, smiling softly.

“Yeah, only a little. Still time to send a message every now and then,” Grubar said, also trying to joke but his tone was just a bit sad. He wasn’t even really looking at Blade, staring at the ground as he tried to hold himself together.

“Thank you for everything. You’ve no idea how much it meant to have such reliable friends over the years. Even if for half that time, you both were competing with one another.”

“Thank you, Raeran. You will be missed and never forgotten,” the Jirian said, placing a hand over his heart.

Grubar went the opposite route, grumbling and shifting before he went forward and pulled the Terran into a tight hug. Blade grunted and choked a bit from the tightness before he was released. “I’m gonna miss you, pal,” Grubar said with a sniffle, rubbing the back of his hand against his snout to wipe away a few stray tears.

Blade smiled and pat the Scengar on both of his shoulders as he backed away before he looked at Cillian. “I was told it would be a bit strange to invite a ‘dark wizard’ to the home of the Rune Knights. But I would be remiss if I didn’t take a chance to say goodbye to you too. We spent a lot of time getting to know one another during our studies and escapades in that library. Despite your position… I believe you are a kind soul, despite all the darkness that I feel surrounds your past. But I have seen a lot of light from you, especially recently. Monica informed me that I should tell you ‘give your hot woman that good dick’. It isn’t the most charming way of wishing you well but whatever it is meant to insinuate, I hope it is a good thing.”

Finally his gaze went to Mercury, still tucked in the rear. “Mercury; I will try not to make this any harder than I already know it is. You and I shared a special bond, one that is so rarely found in this universe. But I feel that you are capable of creating that bond with every person you meet and connect with. You are a gorgeous, beautiful person, inside and out and I am so proud of the fact that we got to meet and spend time with one another.” He reached behind his back, walking through the crowd of people. As he approached her, he took out his ocarina and gently handed it over to her. “Please keep this safe for me. As a token of the time we spent together and the memories I will cherish.” He let his hand rest on her’s for a moment longer before he pulled back. “And thank you for everything.”

Words: 1231/2185 | Tag: @Mercury Arseneault | © marzia at shine & gs.

Mercury Arseneault
    Mercury Arseneault

Lineage : Gold Rush
    Experience : 6,857,298

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Gunblade Master
    Second Skill: Mecha Primordial Slayer
    Third Skill:

Post by Mercury Arseneault 4th October 2023, 7:05 pm

Mercury Banner
    Cunning is the art of concealing our own defects
    and discovering other peoples' weaknesses.
    Serilda offered the space for Blade to have private moments if he wished, but the Terran declined, explaining that he did not wish to make those who hadn’t spent as much time with him feel neglected. That, and it felt more appropriate to him to do things this way, since he’d always worked with everyone on Earthland as a group. The Voidwalker nodded her silent understanding. Everyone gave Blade their rapt attention as he addressed them all once more, expressing his general gratitude for the efforts they had put in to help him with his mission, which was partially as important to them as it was personal for him.

The first people he singled out were Saffron and Cedric. Blade admitted he knew little about them or their relationship, but he recognized there was a strong bond between them. He simply wished that their friendship would remain and grow stronger. “Eh, he’s alright. I guess I can tolerate him a bit longer.” She flashed Cedric a grin, even as many in the room chuckled. Saffron would be the first to admit she was a bit desensitized to death and losing allies, so between that and not really having the opportunity to form much of a kinship with Blade, she certainly wasn’t affected as deeply by this as many others. As such, she left it to herself to slide in a bit of humor to help ease the tension in the room. But it was only for a moment before she sobered up a bit, giving him a single nod and what sounded like a quote from a prayer, or perhaps a cultural farewell. “May the road rise to meet you, friend.”

Blade moved on to address most of the du Wolffs as one, including both Gren and Vriko, the latter of which seemed surprised to have been singled out. None spoke save for Themmy, the former duchess collectively responding to his gratitude on behalf of the group of them and bowing her head respectfully toward him. Dinah was next, the woman offering him a small smile as he praised her lost friend. She said nothing herself, the woman not really having spent much time with Blade either, but from the look in her eyes there would be no mistaking her appreciation for his kind words and her sorrow over his fate.

After her, Blade moved on to Mythal and Serilda, and those that had taken up residence in their home. He praised their dedication to protecting others, even those they barely knew, and thanked them for the hope they restored to him. Serilda smiled sadly, wiping away a small tear even as Mythal took her other hand in his own. “It was our utmost honor, Blade.” The noblewoman left her remark at that, knowing that she did not need to say anything else for him to understand how happy they were to have been able to assist him and to save his people.

From there, he moved on to Vandrad, thanking him for saving his life and rightfully crediting much of their success in the fight against Maker to the former prince, who unsurprisingly said nothing in response to the accolades. Khelben and Zemenar were next, both men perhaps not the closest to Blade but certainly more than familiar with his gratitude for their efforts in saving his people. He expressed his joy that he got to witness the freedom of the Xocili race as well. Father and son, likewise to many others, said nothing but offered their own nods and sad smiles of understanding. Agatha was already crying by the time Blade turned his attention to them, the empath smiling even as she sniffled quietly and wiped her tears away,. “It was a great pleasure to meet you, Blade.”

Following them, a moment was had between the Terran and the two bounty hunters that he had befriended over the last several years. They exchanged some teasing comments, once more to the soft amusement to most everyone else listening in. After expressing his thanks to them both, Hosrius assured him he would be missed and never forgotten, even as Grubar succumbed to his emotions and gave Blade a tight hug, expressing similar sentiments.

Cillian was smiling softly when the Terran turned to him, the look growing into a somewhat sheepish grin at the remark about the awkwardness of inviting a dark mage into the home of the Rune Knight leaders. But he listened quietly, and with an almost uncharacteristic attentiveness, as Blade insisted that he believed Cillian was a good person deep down, despite his magic and the connotations that went with it. He also relayed Monica’s thoughts about giving Dela more “dick”. “Eh he he…” the necromancer laughed awkwardly, a slight blush rising to his cheeks as he scratched the back of his head. “Yeah, I don’t think Dela’s gonna let me let up in that department any time soon,” he admitted to a number of chuckles from many of the ladies in the room, the man doing his best to respond with some tact, considering his girlfriend’s bosses were in the room.

He reached out a hand to give him a final, firm handshake in farewell. “I’m glad I got to meet you, bud. And I’m happy I was able to help, in some way. Wish I could have actually gotten to at least say hello to your brother, after all that… The uh… the one we tried to summon. Not the other one.” Cillian wasn’t the greatest with names, but he figured he’d clarify that he hadn’t been talking about the brother the rest of them had all been trying to kill. “You take care. I’m sure we’ll talk soon enough.” There was a small pause before his mouth curled into a slight, somewhat mischievous smirk. “That was a joke.” He earnestly had no necromantic plans for Blade’s body or his soul; the Terran had more than earned his rest.

Mercury’s emotional state had only gotten worse the more the interaction continued, and the closer Blade got to addressing her. Even when he finally spoke her name she refused to look at him, though at the sound of his voice and his understanding of how difficult this was for her, the tears began to stream in full down her face. The Xocili was quickly breaking down in full view of everyone, no longer able to even pretend to keep herself together as he spoke to her, expressing his thoughts about her as a person and the special connection they’d built with one another over the last year or so. Her body was shaking hard, and her face was leaking moisture faster than she could dry it up with her sleeves, the woman openly sobbing outright.

She kept her face down as he approached her, pulling something from his person and offering it to her. Mercury found the strength to look at it only after he’d physically placed it in her hand, the woman numbly taking in the sight of his instrument that he used to perform many of his special abilities. Seeing it only caused her to cry harder. She felt awful. The last thing Mercury wanted to do was to make things even harder for him by letting him see her in such a state over losing him, but she was quickly drowning before all their eyes. He asked her to keep the ocarina safe for him, and to treat it as a token of their memories together before he finally pulled back and thanked her for everything.

Mercury wanted to speak to him, to tell him how much he meant to her and how deeply she was going to miss him, but she couldn’t find any words. She was far too overwhelmed and paralyzed with grief and fear, practically having an out of body experience as her feet felt stuck to the floor. She held the ocarina loosely almost like she wasn’t entirely aware of its existence in her hand. Her mouth trembled and twitched with each hitched breath as she desperately tried to work up the strength and the courage to say something to him, anything to him, or to at least look him in the damn eyes. She knew that she couldn’t let this be how her last interaction with him went down, not after everything they’d been through together.

Finally, somehow, she managed to force her gaze up to meet his. Her emerald gaze was so full of moisture she almost couldn’t even see him, the orbs ripe with an intense, raw emotion that spoke more than her words ever could. She knew he had to go, knew he had no choice except to do what he had to in order to avoid a worser fate, but that wasn’t making things any easier for her. “P-please let me come with you…” Mercury’s voice when she finally found it was a broken and hoarse whisper as she pleaded with him one more time to let her be by his side so he wasn’t by himself when he met his end. She knew, of course, that Halcyon was technically there with him in spirit but… it wasn’t the same thing. It was a selfish ask, and she knew it, but that didn’t stop her from begging him all the same.

Presuming he still denied her request, her eyes would drop once more to the floor as she slowly nodded her acceptance of his final answer. Needing a moment more to build up her courage, she finally managed to push herself forward, wrapping her arms around him in a tight hug as she continued to weep heavily, doing her best not to choke on her own sobs. “I’m going to m-miss you, s-so m-much, Raeran... I love you.” It wasn't a romantic admission, not the same type of love that she felt for Vandrad and Gren, but she knew that she had come to deeply love and care for the man in her own way all the same. And if she didn't tell him now while she had the chance... she would regret it for the rest of her life. “I l-love you."

WORDS: 1699/2972 | @Vandrad Ragnos
    Serilda Sinclair

Vandrad Ragnos
    Vandrad Ragnos

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Vandrad Ragnos 5th October 2023, 1:55 pm

Blade, for only a moment, looked concerned that Cillian was essentially promising to talk to him through his necromancy. But then the dark mage showed his hand, revealing an impish grin as he admitted it was a joke. The last Terran chuckled and took the man’s hand, giving it a firm shake. “Though I don’t wish it, I imagine if it were to happen, it would be quite… colorful,” he admitted as he finished the handshake and finally turned his attention to Mercury. He’d saved her for last for several reasons; one, because she was perhaps the most important one to him there and two because he genuinely had a gift for her when he did not for the others, for the most part. She was a wreck and seeing her like that did not make the weight on his heart any lighter. But he knew he had to speak to her as fully and thoroughly as possible and not let himself be taken in too much. Else he would lose the strength to leave at all. Still, it broke his heart to see her sobbing, her body quivering and shaking as she tried to hold herself together without looking at him.

He placed the ocarina gently in her hands and she stared down at it even as he spoke to her. As he gave her his final thanks, he waited a few moments as she tried to work up the gumption to speak or, frankly, to do anything. He understood, deep down, that she would regret not saying something to him while she had the chance, just as he would if the roles were reversed. Finally she lifted her head to look at him, her eyes full of large, wet tears. When she finally found the strength to speak, she begged to come with him. He smiled softly, sadly even, as he reached out and placed his hands on her’s. “That’s not a good idea. What I have to do… is not pretty. And I understand why you want to come and I cherish you for your care. But I won’t be alone; I’ll have all of you in my thoughts to keep me company alongside Halcyon. I’m sorry, Mercury but it’s better this way.”

It was a hard thing to turn down. Of course he wanted to have friends and family nearby and Halcyon had already made the choice to stay with him. But he couldn’t stand the idea of them all witnessing his last moments, given what he planned. He wanted their last memory to be of him there, full bodied and in the flesh, sharing kind words of departure. Perhaps it was selfish of him too, knowing that if anyone was there, especially Mercury, he wouldn’t have the strength or willpower to complete the act. He’d want to find hope, hang onto a shred of possibility that maybe, just maybe, he could be healed. But Quentin had been very clear that nothing in that universe would be capable of curing him. And he wouldn’t put anyone at risk because he held onto false hope.

Her head dropped and she nodded softly in understanding. He would linger a moment longer and would be rewarded for doing so, as she finally threw herself onto him, wrapping her arms around him in a tight hug. She wept in full force and Blade, in turn, wrapped his arms around her just as tight. She told him she was going to miss him and that she loved him, her words broken by her tears and hiccuping chokes. He smiled softly against her shoulder, a few stray tears escaping his eyes as well. “I love you too, Mercury,” he said gently, tightening his hug with the admittance. Like her, it wasn’t some kind of romantic, one true love that would put him in contention with Vandrad and Gren. She was his closest friend, a well and truly cherished companion that he trusted with all of his heart -- something he hadn’t had in a very long time. How could he not love her as his dearest friend?

He held her for several minutes before he finally, gently, pulled himself away. Standing in front of her, arms on her shoulders, he would lean forward to kiss her on the head, seemingly unwilling to pull away again and yet forcing himself to. He managed to pry himself from her grasp and proximity, reluctantly moving back towards the area he’d started in. But as he did, the world around him would shift. In fact, it would shift for everyone, revealing unearthly plains that perhaps only Serilda and Mythal would recognize. It was the image of a meadow on Teras Prime and standing in it, right where Blade would come to a stop, was another Terran; Halcyon.

“Thanks Lux, Quentin,” he said, waving in Mythal’s direction before he gave everyone a wave. “It is nice to actually see you all with my own eyes. I just… I wanted to say thank you to each and every one of you. I’ve spent the last few days watching Raeran’s memories and being amazed at how all of you worked so hard to help him and look after him. I’ve never felt so much gratitude for a group of people; you took him in and welcomed him as if he was one of your own. And though he may be my family by blood, I think we both understand that you became his family by association. I appreciate you looking after my younger brother and I promise I’ll look after him, even after he’s joined me in the next phase of our adventure.”

His eyes flicked to Cillian, a slightly playful smile on his face. “And maybe after some time, this one can summon us with all of our wits about us,” he remarked. “Though I appreciate all the effort you put into trying before, Cillian duCrosse.”

With one final wave, the image of Teras Prime and Halcyon would fade away and, in its place, a portal to the actual planet itself. Blade stood staring at it for a moment, the light of it reflected in his eyes before he turned back to the group. “There is an ancient saying in my people’s tongue; kostagon se jelmior hen vējes maghagon īlva hēnkirī isse se hembar ābrar. It means ‘may the winds of fate bring us together in the next life’. I hope dearly that it is a long time before I see any of you again, so that you live long, wonderful lives. But my hope is that someday, in whatever lies beyond this world, we can meet and reminisce. I would like that a lot.”

He took a small step into the portal, one of his legs disappearing in the shining doorway. He paused yet again so that he could take one last look at everyone. “Be well, my friends. My… family. I will miss you all.” He gave them one last soft, sad smile before he would finally step fully through the portal. It would hum in place for a few more seconds before it shrunk down and disappeared.

Blade stepped into the meadow that Halycon had met him in within his mind and had just shown thanks to Quentin’s help. As the portal disappeared behind him, he closed his eyes and took a deep breath in. “It has been a long time since I’ve smelled the aroma of our world, valonqar,” he spoke to his brother.

“I only wish it was under happier circumstances,” Halycon echoed from within.

Blade smiled. “It is. Maker is gone, freed from his madness and our people are reborn as something new, unified in their desire to make up for past wrongs. I am the last of our kind, a kind that doomed itself due to its arrogance and blindness. I am partially guilty of that; it is only right that all the wrongs of our people be laid to rest.”

“That still sounds rather sullen, Raeran,” his elder sibling commented.

“It’s the opportunity for a new future. I am happy to lay the Terran people to rest so that others may prosper. I am just… lucky I got a chance to see the foundation being built for that bright future.” He continued to smile as he took another breath in.

“So… are you planning on finishing your story right now?”

Blade was quiet for a moment as he considered the idea. “No, not yet. And not here. This meadow is far too beautiful to sully with burns. Let’s go and take in the sight of our world one last time. And then… we’ll go home.”

He could feel Halcyon smile within him. “One last race? I’m lacking legs, valonqar.”

“Then I’ll just need to carry us both then.” Blade chuckled as he turned away from the meadow and headed in the direction of his home city. The morning sun still hung close to the horizon, draping the grassy knolls in the early light. Already he could see the shimmering of metal from the tremendous buildings that lay miles away. There was no reason to rush and no reason to run. He could take his time and enjoy the last day he would spend on his planet.

And so the last Terran went for one last walk, head held high and a weight lifted off his shoulders that he’d carried for so very long.

Words: 1572/3757 | Tag: @Mercury Arseneault | © marzia at shine & gs.

Saffron Remington
    Saffron Remington

Player 
    Lineage : Aspect of Pluto
    Experience : 1,310

Post by Saffron Remington 5th October 2023, 6:39 pm

COME AT ME AND YOU'LL SEE
    I'M MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE

--- YOU THINK THAT YOU'LL BREAK ME, YOU'RE GONNA FIND IN TIME ---
    Mercury knew his death would not be pretty, of course. Few deaths were. She wanted to insist that she could handle it, for his sake, and he was appreciative of the care that went with her desire to go with him. But he still insisted it was better that no one else join him. The Xocili didn’t like it, but she understood it was his choice and the least she could do was honor that, as much as it hurt.

It took incredible force of will on her part, but she did manage to push herself forward to embrace him, speaking the only words she could manage to voice. Her heart felt like it was in a vice, the rest of the world completely shut out. It was just the two of them, holding one another for the last time, with simple but powerful assurances of how much they cared for one another. He hugged her for several long minutes, her crying not getting any easier during that time, with the Terran finding some tears of his own as well. She continued to shake with tears and snot dripping down her face. He must have known he would have to be the one to pull away, because Mercury simply didn’t have the strength. He hesitated only long enough to give her a lingering kiss on her forehead. Everything within her told her to give him one last kiss on his lips, but… she knew she couldn’t. That wouldn’t be fair to either of them, and it would only make it harder for them both. Just because her heart was breaking and she was in pain didn’t give her the right to be selfish.

The knowledge didn’t stop her from feeling cold once they were fully separated. Mercury wrapped her arms around her body, which continued to quiver as she watched him step back toward the center of the hall. The only thing that momentarily abated her crying, or at least calmed it down somewhat, was the sheer surprise of their surroundings changing. Somehow, they were all suddenly standing in a field that would look familiar only to Serilda and Mythal. Mercury looked around in confusion, as did many others, only to find that there was another figure standing among them; one that Mercury and Cillian could both easily identify.

“Halcyon…” Mercury breathed quietly, her voice still shaky. Even Cillian stood a little straighter, a deep smile pulling on his lips at the sight of the other Terran, who apparently had Lux and Quentin to thank for the opportunity to see the gathered group with his own eyes. He explained that he’d been able to get to know them a bit via Blade’s memories, touched by all the time and care they had afforded his brother, and thanking them for taking Raeran in and giving him a family in place of the one they had both lost. Despite everything, Mercury managed a smile, though it trembled violently from her continued sorrow that still mixed in with everything else. It was one thing to know that they had been able to save the Terran people in a fashion, turning them into Teras, but it was another to see the third and eldest brother in his own form and his own spirit.

Halcyon spared a further comment only toward Cillian, teasing that perhaps one day the necromancer would manage to be able to summon him more successfully in the future, though he appreciated the prior effort. Cillian laughed lightly. “Might be asking a little much,” he teased back. “I doubt any of us ever actually have all of our wits about us. I sure don’t.” He was happy to leave it at that. There was no point explaining that he could speak to them without having to raise their bodies or reanimate their spirits in any form. Getting into the semantics of all that, well… it would only ruin the beautiful and emotional moment that was happening.

With a final wave he was gone, as was the field, and they found themselves once more in Mythal and Serilda’s home, where a portal awaited to take Raeran to his final destination. He gave them a farewell in the tongue of his people before offering its translation and his hope that he would see them all again some day – just, not too soon. Then, with one more parting wish to their health and assurance of how much he would miss them, he was gone.

Mercury had to force herself to stay where she was, every inclination in her body demanding that she run through the portal after him. As the doorway shrank and shut, her grief consumed her once more. “B-Blade…” she whimpered. Her head started to swim, the world around her spinning. She fell to the ground on her ass hard, collapsing completely as she lost herself to her tears. Her already erratic breathing became worse and after only a few moments she started to hyperventilate, the panic attack hitting her in full. The only thought she had, the only thing that lingered in her head and repeated itself over and over again, was the understanding that she would never see him again, that she had managed to save his people but lost him in the process, her guilt over being partially responsible for his fate reaching up and slapping her in the face after so long of denying the part of her that did feel responsible for it.

In the end, Vandrad would have to carry her out to a more private area of the home where he could sit with her without the eyes of everyone else watching her in her sorrow. Already several people that had managed to keep themselves composed for the most part were shedding a few tears of their own, Agatha having to turn against her own husband for comfort as she finally began to openly weep, albeit not as loudly and desperately as Mercury had.

As promised, Serilda and Mythal kept their home open for everyone to stick around and find companionship and comfort in one another for as long as everyone wanted to stay, including Cillian. They all gathered in the great room where there was plenty of space for everyone, sharing drinks, swapping stories, and simply enjoying each other’s company. There were certainly more tears from time to time, but there was laughter and peace as well. At some point Serilda was of the mind to have some snacks put together, knowing that grief consumed a lot of energy and that her guests would need to eat. She was both surprised and a bit off put when Cillian offered to put something together for them, the necromancer assuring them that he made a living as a cook and informing them about the restaurant he owned in Crocus. It was… well, more than a little disconcerting to think of allowing a dark mage to cook for her own household, but even she couldn’t deny that her reservations with Cillian only went so far. Dela clearly loved him and trusted him, and Blade had spoken highly of him, insisting that Cillian was a good person at heart, no matter his magical abilities and status with the council.

Ultimately, she agreed and gave the man full rein of the kitchen, and it was somehow one of the best decisions she’d ever made. Cillian was a flabbergastingly good chef, and he was able to put together quite the array of comfort foods from their stores of ingredients. At some point while the necromancer was cooking, Vandrad and Mercury did eventually rejoin with everyone else. The Xocili’s eyes were swollen and puffy from crying, and she still didn’t have a whole lot of energy. Her gaze often drifted in and out like she wasn’t fully paying attention to everyone around her, and every once in a while quiet tears found her face again, but she didn’t dissolve into another panic attack. As difficult as it was to focus at times, she did allow herself to be comforted by any that put themselves in a position to do so, which did include Serilda, Agatha, Zemenar, and even both Saffron and Khelben.

It would be a long time before Mercury would feel like herself again, if she ever fully did, but having everyone there to share in her grief at the very least helped her feel less alone. She was sure she would heal in time, even if she didn’t know how long that would take… but she would never, ever forget her friend.

A week had passed since Blade’s departure, and life had settled back into some semblance of normalcy. For most of them, at least. Mercury was still more quiet than usual and still prone to moments of sorrow and grief, but that was understandable. As far as Saffron understood it, the Xocili had never lost anyone before, as she’d never had the luxury of learning to care for people at all until coming to Earthland, so she was having to navigate her first exposure to grief, both for Blade and for Genesis. And anyone who had ever been through it before understood that it took a great deal of time to process and come to terms with, some people needing more of it than others.

For Saffron, however, she had bounced back from everything rather quickly. Things had more or less gone back to the way things were, though the emotional connection between her and Trevor was a bit super charged, now. The Confidence International guildmaster had scarcely let Saffron out of his sight since her return, and frankly the blonde couldn’t blame him. They still had not made anything official between them, as Saffron understood that she would need a little more time to come down from the trauma of almost dying before she was ready to finalize any commitments, but the pair were all but a couple by that point. It had been a long, long time since she’d felt good about someone holding that kind of special place in her life, and while she still teased and bullied the man as much as ever, there was no mistaking the looks of admiration in her eyes from time to time when she glanced his way.

She still felt a bit awkward, of course. Her feelings for Cedric hadn’t exactly simmered down, and while they refrained from anything physical, they still couldn’t help but relentlessly flirt with one another. The former Dread Master had made it very clear that he was going to be respectful and encouraging toward her relationship with Trevor, but neither did he plan on putting any distance between them. They still talked pretty much daily, and while they hadn’t gotten to see much of one another since Blade left – mostly because Trevor was, understandably, hogging her time for a bit – they were still making plans to see each other again soon to catch up on their shows and just chill.

Part of the reason she hadn’t really seen Cedric, too, was because Delinquent Ward had a concert coming up, so they had lots of rehearsals to make sure their setlist was finalized and their skills sharpened and ready to go. When the day of the concert arrived, they found themselves in the capital city of Crocus, rocking out for a few hours in front of a huge and raucous crowd. There were earnestly so many people present that it was impossible to single out any faces, particularly from where she was further back on the stage, set up behind her massive fifteen piece drum kit that she’d purchased from Dimitri a number of months ago. The band poured their heart into the performance, as they always did, caving into three encores before they finally insisted on calling it a night and bidding their fans farewell.

After making a small pit stop in one of the hallways to sign a few impromptu autographs for a few fans that had lingered in hopes of getting their signatures, the four of them finally retired into the large dressing room they’d been provided. After downing a bottle of water, Saffron slipped behind one of the many changing screens and doffed her sweat soaked clothing, swapping it out for a loose fitting fair of cargo pants and a slightly oversized black crop top, as well as a baseball cap. With a sigh, she plopped her ass down into a couch as she waited for the others to finish getting changed. “That was a great crowd,” the blonde remarked, twisting the cap off a fresh bottle of water and giving it another sip. “I’m surprised I could even hear any of you guys, they were so loud.”

After a couple minutes there was a knock at the door and one of their stage managers, Rodney,  popped his head in. “Wonderful performances all around, guys! I think that was one of the best performances you’ve put on yet. You really should be proud. The stadium was all but sold out, and I’m told that a solid eighty percent of the merchandise we brought along was sold. As usual it will probably take a day or two to get the final figures, but I’ll send everything over to Trevor once I get the paperwork from the stadium.” That seemed to be the end of it, as it usually was; Rodney was usually the one to greet them after the shows to give them an update on the numbers, and from there the band was typically left to their own engagements for the rest of the night, which usually meant that Emma dragged the rest of them off to get drinks.

Saffron was surprised, then, when Rodney turned to her. “Also, it seems you have a few friends hoping to see you. Normally I wouldn’t bother entertaining them – people will say anything for a chance to meet someone they idolize. But, it’s not every day that someone the likes of Missus de la Cavalleria requests a backstage pass…”

Her brows shot up and a grin split her face. “Aw shit, Agatha’s here?”

“Yes, along with two men that I didn’t recognize.”

“No worries. If they’re friends with Agatha, I’m sure they’re trustworthy and I probably know them. You guys cool with that?” She posed the question to her bandmates, though she highly doubted any of them were going to have complaints about Agatha joining them, though perhaps a few questions about how the hell Saffron even knew her. Presuming the three of them gave the thumbs up, she give Rodney a nod. “Send them in, Rod. Thanks, buddy!”

He ran off to go collect them and just a couple minutes later the door knocked again, revealing two familiar faces. The first was Agatha. The redhead led the way through the door, dressed in a red midriff shirt with puffy sleeves that came down to her elbows with white sheer fabric draped down her forearm. The shirt itself was mostly modest, although her abundance of cleavage was difficult to miss. She wore a high waisted set of black slacks and hand a fair bit of gold jewelry on. The Lusty Titans guild master practically bounced on her toes, a wide smile across her face as she giddily hurried her way over to Saffron, who was already standing to greet her. “Saff..!”

The blonde grunted as Agatha very nearly tackled her into a hug, Saffron grinning and returning the gesture. “Hey, girl! What a surprise! You could have told me you were coming.”

“Well it was kind of a last minute thing, or else we might have. You were fantastic! I knew you were a musician, but I had no idea you were so incredibly talented! All of you are!” She separated from Saffron and turned to the others. “Hi! Sorry to drop in without warning. I’m Agatha de la Cavalleria, and I was blown away by your show. Seriously!” She went around to start shaking everyone else’s hands.

In the meantime, Saffron finally got a chance to see who had come with her. She didn’t recognize the incredibly short man, but her purple eyes lit up when they fell on the other man. “Cedric..!” She made her way over to the former Dread Master and gave him a tight hug as well. When they finally parted, she smirked up at him and gave him a playful punch on the shoulder. “So how long were you planning this, jackass?”
    deltra of gangnam style

WORDS: 2758 | TAGS: @Vandrad Ragnos @Xavier Clarent @Mercury Arseneault

Xavier Clarent
    Xavier Clarent

Player 
    Lineage : None
    Guild : Confidence International (GM)
    Mentor : N/A
    Experience : 2,714,115

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Symphonic Savant
    Second Skill: Champion of Bastet
    Third Skill:

Post by Xavier Clarent 6th October 2023, 5:31 pm

Xavier Clarent

Y Rank
    Fallen God-King
    Crocus

Connecting Threads

It had been one hell of a concert, that was for sure. Booking any kind of job in Crocus was a big deal, being the capital of Fiore and all. But they’d been asked to headline a show for a large venue and it had definitely been large. Xavier had heard tell of stadiums that could get filled for performances and they hadn’t exactly hit that level yet but there were still hundreds of people packed together in the hall. And they were a raucous bunch too; avid fans that sang along with the songs they knew and others that just danced and schmoozed their way around the area to the beat. They’d acquiesced to the demands for encore not once, not twice but a total of three times before finally insisting they had to call it a show.

They’d encountered several fans in the hallway back to their dressing room, allowed past for one reason or another. That never bothered Xavier or really any of the band; they genuinely enjoyed showing love to the people that supported them and signed plenty of pictures, cases and a body part or two. Xavier had moved behind his changing screen and downed a bottle and a half of water before he pulled out his prepared after performance drink, filled with tea and honey to help his aching throat. He sat behind the screen for several minutes, gently gargling and swallowing the soothing liquid even as Saffron commented on the crowd and their excitement.

“They were alright,” Nik replied as he plopped down next to Saffron on the couch, always the moderate when it came to enthusiasm.

“Psh, they were kickass,” Emma countered as she planted herself on the armrest next to Saffron, pulling a single leg up as she leaned back. “Also Saff? This whole high class motorhome outfit you have going on is badass. You gotta tell me where you buy your shit. Even if I don’t have your ass or tits, I need to find something to show off what I got.”

“Which isn’t much,” Nik said with a scoff. He was treated to a smack upside the head by Emma, who glowered at him. “What? I’m just joking.”

“Ladies can joke about themselves like that, dudes keep their mouths shut,” she spat back at him, grabbing an empty water bottle from the table nearby and bouncing it off his head.

As they continued to playfully bicker, Rodney made his usual entrance. He complimented their efforts and gave them a rough estimate of their profits for the evening, which sounded good. They usually sold out their merchandise but given the numbers they were used to playing, a solid eighty percent clearance was incredible. “Sounds like we’re drinking real well tonight! We’ll be able to shut a bar down and still be in the green,” Emma said with a wild cackle, grinning with excitement.

But before any plans could be made about going out, Rodney turned to Saffron and told her that a few friends had come backstage in hopes of seeing her. That wasn’t unusual; lots of people claimed to have some kind of connection to one or any of them for a chance to meet and talk to them. Most of them were usually trying to get to Xavier in hopes of meeting their idol in person and benefitting from his ‘talents’ but he had long since put a memoriam on hooking up with fans. He was one hundred percent dedicated to Saffron at that point, boyfriend in all but the actual verbal agreement from both of them. Yet it seemed this wasn’t the case; he referenced a woman; Missus de la Cavalleria, whom Saffron further elaborated with the first name Agatha. Both Nik and Emma came to a full stop, eyes wide as they stared at Rodney then Saffron then Rodney again and finally on Saffron as she asked if it was cool if her and her two friends came in.

“I’m sorry, do you mean the Agatha de la Cavalleria? As in the fucking Songbird of Fiore?” Emma finally blurted out. “Yes of fucking course she can come in, how is that even a question?! Go and get her, Rodey!” As he departed, Emma went about fixing herself up, adjusting her hair and making sure her clothes were on perfectly. “This is it; the moment I finally go lesbian. I’m going to die when she comes in.”

“She’s alright,” Nik tried to say casually. But any of them could tell that there was a tone of awe in his voice, a rare occurrence for him.

As for Xavier, who was just finishing up behind his scrim, he had only heard of Agatha once or twice when talking to other artists and producers. He was pretty sure he’d heard her music too; she was one hell of a rare talent. Unfortunately, he couldn’t really focus on that part of the moment as his attention had been piqued otherwise -- two other men were with her. Could it be that Vandrad had come to see the concert? Rodney hadn’t mentioned any names but he still had to consider it. If he was at the concert, then he would already know who he was pretending to be.

Did he run for it? Break through the wall and escape while he had the chance? With his suit, he could do it but it would only raise questions and concerns. Most of all, it would force him to fess up to Saffron sooner than he was intending, before he’d begun to make things right. He swallowed hard as he looked in the small mirror, staring back at himself. He could almost feel Bast there behind him, her hand on his shoulder for support and encouragement. If Vandrad was here… then maybe what Mercury had told him was the best path. Talk to him, man to man. He pulled on the golden frames of his glasses and gave himself an encouraging nod just as Agatha came in.

As he stepped out, he found an absolutely astonishing redhead hugging her, the two women wrapped tightly in a hug before pulling apart. As she turned to greet the rest of the band, Emma was the first to speak, almost jumping to her feet and taking Agatha’s hand in her’s. “Hi. I’m Tyrer. Emma. Emma Tyrer. I’m… such a big fucking fan. Sorry, I mean a fucking big fan. Sorry! I mean I’m a big fan of fucking. No, sorry, you! Wait no I don’t mean fucking you though I did have a fantasy or two -- Shut UP Emma!” she hissed at herself before shaking her head. “I love you. I mean your music. You and your music. Just… you.” She gestured to all of Agatha.

“You’ll have to excuse Emma, she’s very excitable,” Xavier said with a chuckle, biting back his nerves at the moment. He glanced past Agatha’s shoulder and only saw another man that looked nothing like Vandrad. As he got closer to the redhead, he noticed another one standing just behind the other, shorter and not the former prince either. His stomach settled, he held out his hand for Agatha. “Trevor Winters. Pleasure to meet you. Your music is quite exquisite, if I do say so myself,” he said, taking Agatha’s hand once she offered it and bringing it up to kiss the top of it.

As he was introducing himself to Agatha, Cedric was hugging Saffron back. He was dressed quite different than he used to, flashier to match his usual personality. “Please, this was all Agatha. I just find myself at a disadvantage when it comes to telling her no,” he said with a chuckle as he stepped aside to let Faren enter.

The famous storyteller stepped up and bowed slightly to Saffron. He was wearing a leather bomber jacket that was unzipped down to his midsection, revealing his bare chest beneath. He added to the look with a pair of tight fitting jeans and thick leather boots. “Saffron, as radiant as ever. Your beauty shines nearly as bright as your hair does under the pale moonlight,” Faren complimented the blonde bombshell, grinning.

“I swear he was working on that the entire time we were listening to the concert,” Cedric remarked with a snort.

“Please, I had that one stored away. An artist always has content kept for the perfect situation,” Faren retorted, not flustered at all.

Yet Nik was. “Oh my God, are you..? Are you Faren Laenar?!” Nik almost yelled as he tore past everyone to come to a halt in front of the shorter man.

“The very same,” Faren replied with pride.

“I… am your biggest fan! Warrior Prince: Hard in Hargeon is one of my favorite stories! A-And Warrior Prince: Sin-ful Perils made me want to become an artist!”

“It is always so wonderful to meet a fan! What was your name again? Let’s chat over here,” Faren said, taking Nik by the forearm and leading him to the opposite side of the room.

While that was happening, Cedric’s gaze had fallen on Xavier, standing and talking with Agatha. “So I’m guessing that’s Trevor,” he asked Saffron, nodding to the man. “You were right; he is a good looking man. Suave too, I can hear the charm dripping off his tongue with every word he says to Agatha.” He flashed her a smirk. “Guess it’s time you introduce us.”

@Saffron Remington | 1572 words • Notes •

Saffron Remington
    Saffron Remington

Player 

Post by Saffron Remington 6th October 2023, 7:15 pm

Saffron snickered in amusement as Nik earned himself a knock on the back of his head from Emma, the woman insisting that only women were allowed to make remarks about each other’s boobs and asses, or lack thereof. Which was true. “You’re more than welcome to go shopping with me sometime,” she told the other woman with a grin. “I’ll show you all my stops and we can find you some sick drip, make that booty pop.”

Rodney’s update was fairly straightforward and well received, but the surprise of Agatha had all but caused the report to be forgotten. She could feel Nik and Emma staring at her, and when Saffron gauged them to see if they were cool with Agatha and her other friends joining them in the dressing room. Emma sought clarification of if she was thinking of the right person, and the smirk she received from Saffron was a bit mischievous. “The one and only.” Her bandmate practically demanded that Rodney go get the celebrity, and once he was gone she was frantically making sure she looked presentable, insisting that she was about to abandon her heterosexuality.

Nik attempted, poorly, to be unimpressed, causing Saffron to snort. That was convincing.”

A few moments later there were several more bodies in the room. Agatha, always a touchy one, immediately wrapped Saffron up in a hug, despite the fact that they really had only interacted a few times before this. Not that the Fairy Tail mage had any complaints. Then the Hand was off to be her usual bubbly and social self, veering off to introduce herself to the others in the band. Emma quite literally sprang to her feet to shake the woman’s hand before word vomiting all over Agatha in a nervous excitement.

Despite the somewhat embarrassing way that the guitarist talked over herself, Agatha only continued to smile and give her all of her direct attention, seemingly unaware of Emma’s tied tongue. As Emma finally rounded up by admitting how much she loved Agatha and her music, the redhead’s hand went up to her heart and a sincere smile of appreciation pulled on her lips. “Oh goodness, that’s so sweet of you! Thank you so much! You were absolutely incredible out there, and your voice is just divine. I could seriously listen to it all day.”

Trevor spoke up then, pulling Agatha’s attention toward him as he playfully apologized for Emma’s excitement. “No excuse needed,” she insisted kindly, giving Emma another smile. “I can be a bit excitable myself.” Then, she turned to face Trevor fully as he introduced himself, also offering a few compliments to her talents as he took her hand and kissed the back of it. The smile she gave him was perhaps a bit more focused, the woman clearly pleased and interested in his charm. “Thank you very much, Trevor. Saffron told me that you’re also the guildmaster for Confidence International. Is that correct?”

Presuming he confirmed it, her smile would renew itself. “I just think it’s absolutely wonderful, the community that you built. If I weren’t a co-master of my own guild, I’d have joined yours in a heartbeat. It’s so moving to see how you have helped inspire and unionize the industry. Finding solid and reliable representation as an artist can be so difficult, but I’ve been watching your guild’s progress since you were formed, and it’s incredible to see the difference you’re making. A couple of friends of mine already make regular donations to you, but I think I’d very much like to make one of my own, as well.”

Agatha was aware that Serilda and Mythal had elected to send a respectable sum of money every few weeks to the guild, after learning about Trevor’s aims after his New Year’s date with Aeron. Serilda in particular had felt strongly about the community, knowing that many artists found it difficult to make a true living off of their work in an industry where producers were corrupt and greedy, and consumers were stingy and entitled. It was a field where oftentimes one needed to spend money to make money, which wasn’t always feasible and sometimes led people into desperate lifestyles. So, out of a desire to foster a better environment, and out of thanks for the friendship he had managed to coax out of the anxious Aeron, the couple had started sending money regularly to the guild with the intent that it be put toward helping artists get a leg up in their careers, though the donations had always been sent anonymously.

On the other side of the room, Saffron was already giving Cedric shit, even as she side eyed his surprisingly trendy outfit. The former Dread Master insisted that the scheme had been all Agatha’s, and that he simply had been unable to say no to her. She snorted. “Yeah, even I can’t fault you for that one.” Her purple gaze drifted down to Faren and another familiar smirk tugged on her lips. She rolled her eyes as he talked about her radiance and beauty, continuing to be equally amused and unmoved by his flowery words. “Oh good, you’re here, too,” was her only dry and seemingly unenthused response, though as always there was a playfulness to her tone and expression that betrayed she wasn’t truly annoyed by his presence.

She reached out and offered the shorter man a fist bump, even as Cedric and Fared exchanged a quick exchange about whether or not the bard had been practicing the greeting through the concert. Before Saffron could get another quip in, Nik had practically barreled his way into the conversation, causing the blonde’s eyes to go wide in shock at how animated he was being. She listened to Nik blubber out his admission of being a fan, nearly having an out of body experience at the sight before Faren elected to hook an arm through Nik’s and escort him away for a one on one chat.

This meant that Saffron was momentarily alone with Cedric. Shaking her head in astonishment with a final snort in Nik’s direction, she glanced up at Cedric and then toward the direction of his nod: Trevor. It hadn’t even occurred to her the implications of the two men now being in the same room, though that understanding was now at the forefront of her mind. “Oh no,” she groaned in realization, reaching up and rubbing her forehead, already exhausted. Saffron knew exactly where this was about to go. It had already been a long night, and it was only about to get longer. Not because there would be drama, no; but because she knew that Trevor and Cedric were likely going to be fast friends. Saffron was going to have her work cut out for her if she was going to stay ahead of them in the battle of wits she often had with them both.

“I mean yeah, but everyone ladles charm on Agatha. Hell, I did my best to charm her up the first time we met. At least he’s keeping his cool, unlike Emma.” Saffron snickered; her bandmate being flustered to the point of almost being unable to speak was a memory she was going to cherish for some time, and probably tease the hell out of Emma over many times in the future. But, at Cedric’s suggestion, she supposed it was time to finally introduce the men. Saffron sighed. “Yeah alright, let’s get this over with. And try not to enjoy it too much, or I swear to gods I will finish what Seberg started.”

She led him further into the room, toward where Trevor and Emma were still talking with Agatha. “Hey, stop drooling over Agatha for a second, would ya? I know her tits are fantastic and all – trust me, I’ve played with them myself–”

“It’s true. I’ve played with hers too, and they are just unimaginably ravishing.”

“--but apparently the universe hates me, and there’s nothing I can do about it except suck it up and cope.” With one more deep, somewhat dramatic sigh in resignation, she nodded toward the former Dread Master. “Fuck, I already regret this. Trevor, this is Cedric. Cedric, Trevor.”
    deltra of gangnam style

WORDS: 1368/4126 | TAGS: @Vandrad Ragnos @Xavier Clarent @Mercury Arseneault

Xavier Clarent
    Xavier Clarent

Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Xavier Clarent 6th October 2023, 8:27 pm

Xavier Clarent

Y Rank
    Fallen God-King
    Crocus

Connecting Threads

"That’s right, fun little organization I helped put together with some reliable folk. I may be called guildmaster but it’s really more of a team effort, y’know?” Xavier confirmed to Agatha, honestly surprised that Saffron had even brought it up. He wasn’t ever really sure just how much she talked about him outside of their band. But it did make him a little happier to hear that, knowing that their relationship meant that much to her.

He could focus on that later, at least in terms of teasing her. Instead, he focused back on Agatha as her smile brightened and continued to ladle compliments on the efforts Confidence International had made. She even said that if she wasn’t part owner of her own guild, she would have signed right up. But she genuinely was pleased to find a group of people that wanted to connect artists together and help them get the pay and recognition they deserved. She knew people that donated to the guild already but she wanted to help contribute herself as well. "Well that’s mighty kind of you and we’re always thankful for the help. What’s the name of your guild? Maybe we can work something out where we can send some people over to entertain for y’all.” For once, he wasn’t trying to put too much charming spin into his words, showcasing the guildmaster side of him that could discuss things without having to flirt and flounce. Plus it was always refreshing to meet someone who understood the trials and tribulations that artists could go through.

Across the room, Saffron was, in her usual style, not caught up in Faren’s flowery words. Of course he already knew that; he’d tried several times to hit on her, only to find a brick wall of obstinate dismissal in his way. It was a bit like flirting with Vandrad, he imagined, which only made her all the more enticing. True, he didn’t have any real intentions of trying to make a move on the blonde bombshell, mostly given her place as Vandrad’s pupil, but Faren was nothing if not incapable of flirting with any woman that moved. So even as she playfully dismissed him, he flashed her a grin and bumped the hand she offered before he was suddenly ‘attacked’ by Nik and his rabid fandom. Always happy to talk with someone that had read his work, Faren took Nik to the side, leading Saffron and Cedric alone for the moment but truly only for that moment.

Cedric already had his eyes on Xavier and as Saffron turned to look, realization struck her like a pedestrian hit by lightning. She groaned, which only served to delight Cedric more. He suggested that they get the meeting over with, with Saffron remarking that almost everyone put the moves on Agatha… which was true. Still, she had found a new, delightful memory of one of her bandmates losing her cool in front of the redhead so she had that going for her. Still, there was no point in delaying the inevitable and she understood that, though she insisted that he try not to enjoy it too much or she’d make sure Seberg was the least of his problems. “Oh, well, in that case I’ll make sure to enjoy it even more,” he commented, even as she led him into the room and over to where Agatha, Xavier and Emma still were.

Emma had been in a stunned silence while Xavier and Agatha talked, too overwhelmed with the sight of one of her musical idols and absolutely horrified at her reaction. Xavier continued to chat with the redhead right up until Saffron thrust herself into the conversation, remarking for both of them to remove their eyes from Agatha’s chest, complimenting them and earning one back in turn. Instead she lamented that the universe had cursed her so and that she had little other choice than to sigh like a true drama queen and nod towards Cedric, introducing the two men.

"Cedric, it’s a pleasure,” Xavier said, extending his hand out for Cedric to take. "Did… you say you’ve played with her--?”

“Yes, they had this lovely little get together where all the girls took turns feeling one another up. Then they summoned some men to stand around and model for them so they could further discuss the opposite sex’s genitals, myself included. I can’t say I’ve ever been eyed up like an object before with such criticism… and that includes my first time meeting Saffron,” Cedric explained, taking Xavier’s offered hand and giving it a firm squeeze and shake.

"That’s too bad; I don’t swing that way but you’re a fine looking fella. And ain’t no surprise about that with Saffron; I’m pretty sure she was trying to melt me with her gaze the first time we met,” Xavier countered with a chuckle.

“Oh, you too? It must be her trademark for meeting men for the first time. And I appreciate the compliment; you’re a fine looking man yourself, Trevor Winters. I can’t say that I’ve attended many concerts in my day but you clearly keep yourself in shape. And that vocal range, wonderful stuff.”

Xavier smiled and then casually nodded towards Saffron. "She’s hatin’ this, ain’t she?”

“Immensely. She’s used to being able to field one flow of wit quite easily. I don’t think she properly prepared for two avenues.” Cedric turned to gaze Emma. “Apologies. Cedric Thane. Nice to meet you,” he said, offering his hand.

“Where in the fuck was Saffron hiding you?” Emma asked, looking Cedric up and down as she took his hand. He very quickly turned it around and kissed the top of it as well. “Did I mention I’m single?”

Xavier snorted, which earned him a hard jab in the ribcage with her elbow. “Duly noted, Emma,” Cedric replied with a playful smirk before he turned to look at Saffron. “So, is it everything you feared and more?”

@Saffron Remington | 992/2564 words • Notes •

Saffron Remington
    Saffron Remington

Player 

Post by Saffron Remington 7th October 2023, 9:34 am

“Oh, we’d absolutely love that!” Agatha clapped her hands a little in excitement when Trevor suggested that perhaps he’d see about sending some people over to her own guild at some time for a performance. “We’re the Lusty Titans, based in Hosenka. I’ll talk to my husband about what we want to contribute and then we’ll check with Serilda and Mythal to find out where they send theirs.” They didn’t need to discuss any of the particulars right then and there. After all, Agatha was her for pleasure, not business – though admittedly, she did often mix the two. “And maybe afterward some of our members can do some entertaining for yours as well, if the people you send aren’t opposed to some adult content. Our Mouvement Sensual troupe really is a treat, but if that’s too graphic for anyone, we have quite an array of other talents that are a bit more modest.”

Meanwhile, Saffron had resigned herself to what was surely about to be the theme for the rest of her evening. Cedric made no effort to hide how much he was looking forward to being a pain in her ass, and damnit if that didn’t make him all the more attractive. Unfortunately, it was only going to feed into Trevor doing the exact same thing. It was going to be a rough night for her. But to her credit, Saffron didn’t hesitate to swallow the bullet, unafraid to walk into a situation where she would be at the disadvantage, and after a quick tease to her bandmates about proverbially slobbering on Agatha, she begrudgingly got the introduction out of the way.

The men exchanged a handshake, with Trevor only pausing long enough to question Saffron’s comment about her and Agatha playing with each other’s bosoms. Cedric confirmed the event, along with his surprise part in it, drawing a playful giggle from Agatha and a shit-eating grin from Saffron. “Gods, Mercury was so fucking pissed.” He went on to talk about the experience of being criticized like an object with a gusto that outweighed even Saffron’s first meeting with him. “Bro, you handed me a fucking business card.” She jabbed her thumb at Trevor. He didn’t even give me a business card, and he actually owns a business.”

Trevor complimented Cedric’s appearance, which was probably the first time Saffron had ever heard him even comment on finding a man attractive, only to assure Cedric that he’d been at the receiving end of Saffron’s spice when they first met two. “You were wearing an entire zoo’s worth of feathers and no shirt,” she retorted with a wry smirk, picking on him nearly as quickly as she had on Cedric. “You’re lucky I agreed to ever talk to you again at all.” As far as she was concerned, both men had more than earned her criticisms on their first meetings, no matter how she felt about them now.

They carried on with Cedric pouring his own compliments toward Trevor. When the darker skinned man nodded to her and remarked about how much she was likely hating this, Saffron just groaned and rolled her eyes, a light smirk on her lips as she shook her head. “If you two could just get a room already and leave me out of it, that’d be great, thanks.”

“I’ll take her spot if she doesn’t want it,” Agatha teased.

Cedric then turned to introduce himself to Emma with a quick apology for overlooking her. Emma had, at some point, managed to forget her embarrassment and anxiety over being in the same room as Agatha to openly check Cedric out, demanding to know where Saffron had been keeping him. “Apparently not far enough away to save myself a headache.” In his usual way, Cedric poured his charm upon the other woman, kissing the back of her hand when she accepted his hand shake. Saffron snorted hard nearly the same time Trevor did when Emma announced that she was single. Unlike Trevor, however, Saffron elected to comment on it. “Only cause Faren over there stole your boyfriend,” she retorted with a wicked smirk.

Cedric grinned down at her, asking if his meeting Trevor was everything she figured it would be. She shot him a bored, if playful, look. “Please, the two of you together aren’t even remotely a threat to me. Besides, it would be a nice change of pace for either of you to be able to offer me any kind of real challenge.”

“Anyway, it’s getting a little crowded in here now, and I’ll bet Emma’s chomping at the bit for some drinks. And I’m fucking famished. Why don’t we go find a bar or something?”

Agatha’s eyes lit up. “Oh! Isn’t Cillian’s restaurant around here somewhere? I think it’s just over in the Old Towne Square. We could go there!”

“Oh shit, yeah I think you’re right. Dude, I’d kill for some of his food again. Those little crispy egg roll things he made at Blade’s wake were better than any sex I’ve ever had in my entire life. Even if him and his insufferably perfect eight pack infuriates me.” She gave Cedric another grin. “What do you say? Wanna go see your other boyfriend again?”

As the group prepared to leave, however, there was another knock on the door and Rodney once again popped his head in. “So sorry to interrupt. I have another visitor; this one has an actual backstage pass. Shall I?”

Presuming he got the go ahead from the rest of the band, he ducked back out of sight. “Sorry, give us a minute,” Saffron told Agatha and Cedric, putting a slight pause on their plans to head out for drinks. But as the door opened once more to reveal the new visitor, Saffron’s eyes went wide with recognition

Standing in the doorway was a young woman in her early twenties, perhaps only a year or so younger than Saffron. Her hair was a bit lighter than the Fairy Tail mage’s, more on the platinum side, but no less full bodied and thick. She had vivid blue eyes that took in the room and it’s occupants with a muted, if focused, attention, as if she was doing more academic studying of her surroundings rather than being excited to get an exclusive moment with the band. Her hands were resting inside the pockets of an olive green sweater that was zipped down in the front with a plain white tee shirt beneath it and a set of sunglasses hanging from her collar. Her jeans were tucked into a calf high set of boots, and while she wasn’t nearly as animated as Saffron was, a small and sincere smile still clawed its way to her lips when her gaze finally set on her older sister.

Saffron’s eyes turned to a rare yellow that was nearly as bright as her own hair.  “Senna!!!” She practically rocketed across the room to snare the younger woman in a tight hug, pulling her off her feet briefly. “You made it!”

Senna chuckled, returning Saffron’s hug with a bit more composure once she was back on her feet. “Well, dad was rather insistent that I go, and I did finish my exams early. You went through all the effort to mail this thing to me.” She tapped on the laminated pass that was hanging around her neck. “I figured I should probably not let it go to waste.”

Practically beaming, Saffron turned around to the rest of the room, wrapping her synthetic arm around the younger woman’s shoulder and holding her tightly enough that smaller Remington grunted from the effort. “Everyone meet my little sister, Senna!”

“Greetings.”
    deltra of gangnam style

WORDS: 1281/5407 | TAGS: @Vandrad Ragnos @Xavier Clarent @Mercury Arseneault

Xavier Clarent
    Xavier Clarent

Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Xavier Clarent 7th October 2023, 2:50 pm

Xavier Clarent

Y Rank
    Fallen God-King
    Crocus

Connecting Threads

"Lusty Titans, yeah I’ve heard of you guys.” In fact, he knew them very well and he was sure Agatha probably knew that too. After all, the underbelly of his guild dealt in robbing from the rich and oftentimes what came with that was needing additional information. While Confidence International prided itself on its ability to get information, that didn’t mean they didn’t pay other organizations to help provide some of that data as well. Several of his members used Lusty Titans as a means of obtaining credible pieces of intel that allowed them to properly plan around heists and jobs they had lined up. Agatha continued her thought, explaining that her guild could put on some entertainment as well, though it seemed they were more focused on adult content. She name dropped Mouvement Sensual and also stated that they could put on some more modest entertainment if needed. "Nah, none of my people are that bothered by adult content. I’ve heard good things about that troupe so I bet they’d love that. We can set something up.”

Wait, had she said Serilda and Mythal? So Agatha also knew Mythal, who he had heard of from Aeron and also Saffron. The circle of connectivity seemed to expand even further than he understood. He wouldn’t be given time to ponder that as Saffron and Cedric came over, the blonde finally dealing with the fated meeting and providing a proper introduction. The two men lamented the abuse they had suffered at the hands of Saffron, especially in their first meeting. She was quick to point out that Cedric had given her a business card whereas Cedric had not, despite owning a business. "To be fair, I didn’t have my business cards on me that day. But I do have business cards. Great way to provide information,” Xavier said with a shrug.

Cedric gestured to Xavier. “Thank you. To be fair, I was a business owner -- sort of. So having my information handy to provide is useful. Yet she acted like I was some geezer who wasn’t with the times,” the former Dread Master said.

The men continued, offering each other compliments and shared experiences with Saffron. She was quick to point out that his choice of attire had been extra as all hell, covered in feathers and lacking a shirt. “Man’s a musical celebrity. He has a responsibility to uphold his public image,” Cedric spoke up, going to bat for the lead singer of the band.

"Nah, she ain’t wrong, that was a bit much,” Xavier admitted.

“Man, don’t give her any ammo, she had plenty of her own. We always have to stay one step ahead of her or at least try to.”

Saffron was unamused with their antics, telling them both to go find a room for themselves excluding her, though Agatha offered to take her place which riled up a chuckle from the gathered group. Cedric finally introduced himself to Emma, who was quite taken with him and stated as much out loud. Saffron didn’t let that slide either, remarking about her ‘boyfriend’ being with Faren at the moment. “Hey, fuckbuddies doesn’t make us boyfriend, girl- aw fuck,” she had come to her own defense and in the interim, outed herself. She groaned audibly and smacked her forehead with her hand.

"Damnit Em, you just lost me jewel. And really?” Xavier asked, shaking his head. His bet with Saffron had unfortunately paid out the wrong way.

Cedric, in the meantime, asked Saffron if the meeting had been up to her standards. She remarked that it was, so far, unimpressive, insisting that neither of them were a threat against her by themselves, let alone together. In fact, she would prefer if they actually provided some competition for once. “Methinks she protest too much,” the former Dread Master quipped, even as Saffron turned her attention to moving out of the cramped room and to somewhere with drinks and food. Agatha pointed out that Cillian’s restaurant was closeby and suggested that as their go-to place, which Saffron immediately agreed to, given the quality of his food.

“I’d never see no to seeing Cillian again. He’s a bit slow on the uptake but he’s hilarious as all get out,” Cedric explained to Xavier, who nodded in his understanding. But just as they were beginning to all group together to leave, Rodney showed up again and insisted another guest had showed up with an actual pass. Their departure was paused as another woman entered, one who bore a striking resemblance to Saffron. As the blonde bombshell soared across the room to hug the woman, she called her by her name, Senna. After a short conversation between one another, Saffron turned and introduced her to the room as her younger sister.

“Senna Remington,” Faren stepped forward first, standing in front of the rest of the group and bowing. “You are the incandescent antithesis to your sister, the luminous moon to her bright sun…”

“Dude, that’s her sister, really?” Emma asked, rolling her eyes. She hadn’t even properly met Faren yet and she was already unimpressed. “Hi Senna, I’m Emma, the only sane person here,” she said, walking up and tossing her hand up. “Can we do the whole ‘introduce ourselves’ on the way to the bar? I really need a fucking drink and I don’t really want to go one by one here. Let’s goooo!”

@Saffron Remington | 900/3464 words • Notes •

Saffron Remington
    Saffron Remington

Player 

Post by Saffron Remington 7th October 2023, 8:52 pm

“Ah, ha!” Saffron gave a little victory cry when Emma tripped up while trying to defend herself, only to admit in the process to having been sleeping around with Nik. She shot a shit eating grin at Trevor after he lamented his loss in jewel. “Fuckin’ told you so.”

Cedric made a quip about Saffron being entirely too defensive about how much she wasn’t bothered by him and Trevor being fast friends, rolling her eyes again but otherwise saying nothing. If she was going to stay ahead in this team up of theirs against her, she was simply going to have to pick and choose her battles. So instead she changed the subject, suggesting they all make their way to a bar for some food and drinks. Agatha suggested Cillian’s restaurant, which honestly made the most sense now that it was out there. At this point everyone in the present group knew Cillian except for probably Faren. Cedric expressed his openness to seeing the necromancer again, remarking at how Cillian was a bit of an idiot but an entertaining one.

The matter seemed settled up until they were informed of another visitor, one that Saffron was all too happy to see. She hadn’t had time to visit her sister or her dad since moving to Fiore, so it had been close to two years since the last time the sisters had seen one another. The elder sister seemed far more excited about it at a first glance, but in truth it was just that she was more animated than Senna was. Saffron turned around and broadly introduced her to the group.

There was little surprise that Faren was the first to approach, greeting her by name with a bow and yet more flowery compliments. Senna’s expression settled into something that was a mixture of disinterest and blank scrutiny. If any of the men in the room had ever thought Saffron was a brick wall, they’d soon find that her sister was even more unmoved by charm, eying him more like she was analyzing his behavior and drawing detached calculations about him.

Before he could get very far, Emma straight up interrupted the bard, chastising him for hitting on Saffron’s sister. Saffron herself was snickering very much like she knew some kind of inside joke or secret that made Faren’s behavior more amusing to her than anything else. Senna’s blue gaze peeled away from Faren to look instead toward Emma as the other woman walked toward her and introduced herself as the only sane person in the room. In the same breath she suggested that they work on introductions while on their way out so as not to waste any time getting to a place with drinks. “Sounds like a plan to me. C’mon, Sen. Hope you’re hungry.”

“I suppose I could go for a bite.”

Vera Jayne’s Bistro was only a short walk from where the performance had been. It was a corner property in the historic area of Crocus, with lots of stucco and brick on the outside. An entry foyer sported several doorways. Directly ahead were the double glass doors that lead to the restaurant itself, while to one side a neon sign pointed down a set of stairs to Estelle’s tattoo shop in the basement, where a hidden safe house for Confidence International members was also located. On the other side was a door that led to a private elevator and stairwell leading up to the flats above the commercial space.

Despite the late hour, the restaurant itself was bustling. The place was absolutely packed with people. The word about the quality of food at the Bistro had spread like wildfire once the place had been officially opened, and it hadn’t settled down since. “Oh my goodness, look at this place,” Agatha breathed, glancing around in awe at the interior design.

“Yeah dude, this is hella impressive.” Given what little exposure she had to the necromancer, Saffron hadn’t expected to find something this respectable looking.

A host approached the front counter with a smile, setting down a box of freshly cleaned silverware that was wrapped up in cloth napkins. “Welcome to Vera Jayne’s Bistro! How many in your part– Oh, Master Winters!” The employee, who also happened to be a member of Confidence, immediately recognized the guild’s leader, as well as Nik and Emma. “What a pleasant surprise! We’ve got a little bit of a wait, I’m afraid. If you don’t mind heading over to the bar for a few minutes, I’ll let Cillian know you’re here.”

The group filed over to the bar and a few minutes later after they all had drinks in hand, Cillian emerged from the kitchen. He was actually dressed for once, in a pair of dark green blacks and a green and gray striped button up shirt with a camel colored vest. An apron covered the front of the outfit to protect it from having food splattered on the nice clothing. His gaze fell on Trevor first, almost glazing past everyone else in search for the specific face he was looking for. “Heya, boss! How’s it going? Oh hey, guys!” He caught sight of Nik and Emma as well, giving them a small wave as he approached.

“Hi Cillian!”

The lanky chef glanced over to Agatha and paused, peering at her as though trying to figure out who she was and where he knew her from. It took him a beat, his eyes also catching sight of Saffron and then Cedric before he finally put it all together. “Oh shit, you guys are here, too?” The necromancer offered up a renewed grin.

Agatha gestured at the space around them. “Cillian, this place is gorgeous. Seriously, I’m so impressed!”

“Well, thank you very much!” He wandered over to Cedric, giving the other man an extra wide smile and giving him a fist bump. “Good to see ya, bud. Man, I didn’t even know all of you knew each other. Welcome to the Bistro! What can I get for you guys?”

“I literally don’t care, I will probably eat anything you put in front of me as long as you make it,” Saffron informed him with a grin, pointing at him with her beer bottle.

Cillian chuckled, wiping some kitchen grease off his hands onto the towel that was over his shoulder as he glanced around at the tables. “Well, there ain’t a whole lot of extra seats at the moment. Busiest night of the week. But, I think I can work something out for you guys.” Reaching into a pocket, he pulled out a set of keys and removed a smaller keychain from the bundle that had a single key attached to it, tossing it to Trevor. “Put your orders in and then take the elevator up to my place on the top floor. I’ll have your food brought up; it’s on the house. Feel free to raid the alcohol up there. I’m clocking out in a few minutes, so I’ll be up in a bit.”

He went back into the kitchen and let the bartender take their order. Once everyone was settled, they all made their way upstairs to Cillian’s apartment. It was a town home penthouse that sported a mostly open concept first floor with a living room that opened up to a kitchen. There was plenty of seating and it was a nice private space where the group could relax without the din of the restaurant and the watchful eye of the public.

Saffron whistled as she looked around. “Bro, is this guy loaded?” Even Senna seemed impressed, though she continued to observe her surroundings from a place of study more than emotion. With a shrug, Saffron picked a spot on the couch and plopped down, Senna taking a seat beside her.

Taking a swig of her beer, she glanced over at Nik with a grin. “Eyo, Nik. When were you gonna tell us you were into all those smutty romance novels?” she teased. Then, she nodded to Faren. “Did he tell you the main character of his Warrior Prince series is based on my mentor?” Vandrad had come up a couple of times in conversation not just with Trevor, and by this point Emma and Nik were also at least aware of the man that trained her and had heard a couple of stories. Poking fun at Vandrad’s expense when the future king wasn’t there to defend himself was certainly fun, but mostly she just figured Nik would appreciate knowing he was two degrees of separation away from the real person the lead character was based on.
    deltra of gangnam style

WORDS: 1439/6846 | TAGS: @Vandrad Ragnos @Xavier Clarent @Mercury Arseneault

Xavier Clarent
    Xavier Clarent

Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Xavier Clarent 8th October 2023, 11:51 am

Xavier Clarent

Y Rank
    Fallen God-King
    Crocus

Connecting Threads

It seemed that Emma had made the executive decision that any more conversations, introductions or whatever else was going to happen, needed to happen where there was alcohol and food. So instead of lingering in the venue any longer, Saffron invited Senna to come along and the now larger group departed and headed over to find Cillian’s restaurant, Vera Jayne’s Bistro. It was a cute little place tucked onto a corner property, with a tattoo place in it’s basement. It was quite familiar to Xavier, who now understood that his Cillian, a member of Confidence International, was the same one that they were talking about. They headed inside and found a packed house, dozens of dinners filling the seats even at the late hour. The waiter approached and began his usual greeting before noticing Xavier and the other two bandmates. He was happy to see him, though they lacked the place to seat them all so he invited them to go to the bar and wait for Cillian.

Drinks were provided at the bar once they arrived and they would only have to wait a few minutes before the man of the hour came in from the kitchen, actually fully wearing clothes for once. The guildmaster of CI gave his subordinate a nod. "How’s it going, Cill?” he said, even as Emma returned his wave and Nik nodded as well.

It took Cillian a moment to place the rest of the group before looking over to Cedric. “Small world, it seems,” the former Dread Master remarked, glancing over at Xavier. He returned the cook’s fist bump with the same excited grin. “You too, handsome. Yes, apparently six degrees of separation may be a bit too far when it comes to our group.” With the ‘introductions’ out of the way, he asked about their food preferences, with Saffron taking the lead to establish that literally anything would do. Unfortunately, he confirmed there really wasn’t anywhere to put them in the restaurant but handed off a pair of keys and had them put in their orders. After that, they could ride the elevator up to his place and he would have the food brought up for them, free of charge. The alcohol he had available was theirs to have and he’d be up in a bit to join them.

Hard to argue with that. Once all of them had given a proper order, they would all squeeze into the elevator and ride up to what could only be described as a penthouse. Saffron remarked about the high value setting which caused Xavier chuckled. "Well you saw how busy the restaurant is. Dude’s makin’ a killing.”

“Along with being part of Confidence International, apparently. I didn’t think your guild of artists would include cooks,” Cedric spoke up as he inspected the open concept, wandering into the kitchen.

"Cookin’ is a kind of art. I don’t know if it woulda been high on the list if I hadn’t met Cillian, who literally wandered into my concept meetin by accident. But now we can offer a caterin’ option for clients as well, which only serves to help us and Cillian."

“And no qualms about him being a dark wizard? Or rather, was a dark wizard. Fioran classifications of magic users are all sorts of muddled,” Cedric said with a laugh as he got himself another beer from the fridge, gesturing towards Xavier in a silent ask if he wanted another, to which he nodded.

"As long as it doesn’t put any kind of negative attention on Confidence International, people’s personal lives are their own. Besides, anyone that meets Cillian knows he’s just a big teddy bear. To your point, a bit on the slow side but decent still.” Xavier said as he downed the rest of his beer and took the one offered by Cedric. "Besides, if you’re all squeaky clean, life’s a bit borin’, ain’t it?”

“Preaching to the choir there, mate,” Cedric agreed, clinking his beer bottle with Xavier.

Nik was looking out the window as Emma sat on one of the other chairs. His attention was drawn to the center of the room as Saffron, seated on the couch with Senna, asked when he was going to inform them about his reading preferences. He shrugged. “I read all sorts of things. Mr. Laenar is just one of my favorite authors; his books may be on the… er… suggestive side but his stories are well thought out and have deep, interesting characters.” Saffron continued, stating that the self-titled Warrior Prince was actually her mentor, causing him to cock his head slightly. “Wait… what?”

“Hold for one damn minute,” Cedric spoke up. Vandrad was your inspiration for the Warrior Prince? The romantic, suave, debonair hero is… Vandrad?”

Faren chuckled as he swirled his whiskey in his glass. “Vandrad was the origin point, yes but the Warrior Prince became something more. Mostly because I wasn’t around Vandrad as much and had to make up things as I went. I figured at some point his tough, hardened exterior would soften and he would become something more. Turns out it took almost a decade and a woman pestering him. Who’d have thunk? But anyone here that knows the man will agree that he has a presence. Intimidating, yes but a self-assured confidence that makes one feel at ease and safe, so long as his ire isn’t directed at you. That’s what inspired the Warrior Prince.”

Xavier understood that all too well, though he imagined it was on the wrong side of things in comparison to everyone else. He drank in silent contemplation as Faren continued. “But while we wait, we may as well take advantage of the time! Since this has become, for all intents and purposes, a party, I motion that we partake in a party game. Namely, poker,” he said, reaching into his jacket and pulling out a deck of cards.

“Did you…? Do you just have cards available?” Cedric asked.

Faren chuckled again as he rotated the cards in one hand, creating a half-pinwheel out of them before bringing them back into the stack. “If there’s one thing I’ve learned on my travels throughout this world of ours, it’s to always have spare jewel, a good excuse and a deck of cards.”

“See, if you just talked like that and didn’t throw flowery, intentionally flirty comments at me, I’d have been all over you,” Emma remarked. “Make it strip poker and Nik and I are in.”

“What…?”

“Well, I didn’t want to presume that we could make it more mature. I’d hardly want to make assumptions about the fine people gathered…”

“Are you insinuating that we wouldn’t be bold enough to play something scandalous?” Cedric asked, a single brow raising.

"Yeah, c’mon, we’re all adults here. Cill’s got a table right there. Let’s do this,” Xavier nodded.

Faren shrugged, smirking slightly. “Fine by me. No one has to play if they don’t want to. I just didn’t want to intimidate anyone, considering most of us are just meeting for the first time tonight.”

“Oh my Gods, just deal so I have a chance to see Agatha’s tits. I mean, not that I- DAMNIT!” Emma cursed into her beer, grumbling to herself as she drowned herself in booze.

@Saffron Remington | 1215/4679 words • Notes •

[/color]

Saffron Remington
    Saffron Remington

Player 

Post by Saffron Remington 8th October 2023, 2:22 pm

“Wait, he just stumbled into your meeting to found Confidence completely on accident?” Saffron snorted. “That’s so on brand for him, I can’t even be mad about it.”

Cedric questioned Trevor’s reservations, or lack thereof, toward Cillian being a dark mage. The guild master gave a proverbial shrug, more or less stating that he didn’t care about the personal history or less reputable lives of his members as long as they kept those things separated from the guild and its affairs. More to the point, Cillian was hardly an active threat. “Oh, there is a darkness in him, make no mistake,” Agatha offered while Trevor downed the rest of his beer, but the comment was more observational than anything else, lacking any judgment. “I think it’s just very heavily buried deep inside of him, and probably only comes out if pushed into it. Not unlike our dear Mercury, though I think she’s a little quicker to reach that point than Cillian is.”

Trevor’s comment about life being no fun if you didn’t cause some trouble all the time was well received by Cedric, as well as by Agatha and Saffron, both of whom raised their own bottles at the men with grins. From there, Saffron elected to turn her attention to Nik, teasing him about his reading habits. The man shrugged and explained that he had a wide array of preferences, but Faren just happened to be one of his favorites, not because of the smut but rather because the depth of his characters and story telling was enough that he could look over anything else that wouldn’t be to his usual tastes.

Saffron’s reveal about Vandrad being the origin of the lead character was met with surprise from Nik but outright shock from Cedric, who immediately chimed in to question it. Faren looked about as pleased as Saffron felt regarding the topic, though he took a minute to explain the particulars about how the story and character had evolved on its own over the years. Saffron snickered. “Either way, it’s bloody brilliant and Vandrad absolutely hates that Mercury found out about it. She references it all the time, now.”

Faren moved the topic along, however. Since they had gathered enough people to consider it a party, he suggested that they play a few rounds of poker while they waited for their food, reaching into his jacket to pull out a deck of cards. Cedric seemed flabbergasted that the bard seemed to just keep a deck of cards at the ready, earning him an incredulous look from Saffron. “Do you not?” she asked, lifting up her prosthetic arm. A compartment opened up and a deck of her own popped out. Faren insisted that he had learned to always have a number of things on hand, including jewel, excuses, and cards. “Don’t forget dice!” Saffron added, a set of those rolling into her palm from another hidden spot on her robotic limb.

Senna, who had been content to consume her mix drink at her own pace and quietly watch as everyone interacted, cocked her head at Saffron with a thoughtful frown. “I wasn’t aware you had picked up a gambling habit.”

“Who said anything about gambling? I always hid cards and dice on me in the military; you know how easily bored I get.” Her sister considered the response briefly before giving a small hum of acknowledgement, seemingly accepting the answer.

Emma informed Faren that he’d have gotten a lot further with her if he’d just cut out the romantic drivel and behave as he currently was. Then, the bassist upped the stakes by volunteering both herself and Nik for strip poker, much to the latter’s bewilderment. The suggestion was quickly swept up by all the other men in the room, however, including both Cedric and Trevor, before Emma demanded they get on with it so she could have a chance to see Agatha’ tits.

The accidental outburst drew a slew of laughter from pretty much everyone as Emma nursed her sore pride in her drink. “Oh, you guys are so mean!” Agatha teased, though she was grinning, too. She slipped an arm under Emma’s, giving it a squeeze. “I would have been more than happy to share my tits with you if you had asked, beautiful... But now I guess you’ll just have to earn them.” The redhead shot Emma a flirty wink.

“You guys do remember that my little sister is here, too, right?” Saffron was heavily amused but that didn’t change the fact that playing strip poker was a little more awkward with relatives involved.

It was Senna that ultimately shrugged. “It’s not the most conventional game to play with family, but it’s not like neither of us have seen one another naked before.”

“Well yeah, but that’s us. I don’t need these thirsty jackasses lusting over my sister. Lookin’ specifically at you, Faren.”

“I wouldn’t be so worried about it, Saff. After all, in order to get me stripped down to that point they’ll have to actually beat me.” There was a subtle playfulness, almost a challenge, in the younger sibling’s tone though her expression was as muted and even as ever.

Saffron narrowed her gaze at her sister, but an amused, almost proud smirk dug into her cheeks. “Alright then, fuck it. Let’s do it.”

They all gathered around the sizable dining table, dragging up extra chairs as needed. A quick search around the livingroom revealed an unopened set of poker chips and, after a group agreement that Cillian probably wouldn’t care that they opened it, they tore the wrapping off the box and Faren got everyone set up.

By the time Cillian came up with their food, they had played through several rounds to varying results. Neither Saffron nor Agatha were fully undressed, though both had lost a couple articles of clothing. They still wore their pants and underwear, but their jewelry, shoes, socks, and other smaller items were gone, as were their shirts, leaving their tops with just their bras. Senna, however, hadn’t lost almost any clothing at all. Based on the rules they were playing, one was only at risk of having to strip a piece of clothing off if they made through the final bet of the round; folding early did not result in having to strip, if only because that would cause the game to be over far too quickly. It only took a few rounds for people to understand that Senna was almost intimidatingly good at the game, if only because her ability to read people and find their tells – while having next to none of her own – was downright uncanny.

The necromancer opened the door and pushed in a small cart that had all of their meals under cloches that had been enchanted to keep the food warm. He greeted everyone in his usual cheery manner, pulling up into the dining area and getting everything organized. It took him a solid minute before his gaze finally seemed to focus on them and he realized most of the room was half naked. “Oh. Well, I guess you guys are having a good time, aren’t you?”

“Having a great time watching my sister give Faren a run for his fucking money,” Saffron replied with a grin, taking a swig from her beer. She didn’t appear to be very upset over the fact that she had lost a fair number of rounds, far more entertained by how flustered a few of the others were at how good the quiet, unassuming Senna was.

Agatha, who was already out for the current round, stood up to help Cillian pass out silverware while the chef started divvying out the dishes themselves. “Are you off for the night?” she asked him.

“Sure am!”

“Oh good! Should we deal you in, then?”

He chuckled. “Not really sure I remember how to play, if I’m being honest. I know I have before, but it’s been a very long time. Dela would prooooobably kill me if she found out, though,” he admitted with a sheepish grin. If nothing else had ever gotten into his pea sized brain, it was that his woman was very possessive and did not like to share.

“Eh, no one here’s gonna try and jump you or anything. Well, Cedric might. But most of us have already seen what you’re packing, anyway; and your girlfriend was the one who invited that.”

Agatha shot Trevor, Emma, and Nik an impish smirk. “Cillian may or may not have also been dragged into the show-and-tell we had at the girl’s night we had a while back,” she explained.

The necromancer giggled, the sound almost a bit sheepish. “Fair enough, I suppose. Honestly I think she’d mostly just be mad that she wasn’t here to play, but she’s on duty tonight or else she’d already be here.” He shrugged. “Alright, deal me in.”
    deltra of gangnam style

WORDS: 1486/8332 | TAGS: @Vandrad Ragnos @Xavier Clarent @Mercury Arseneault

Xavier Clarent
    Xavier Clarent

Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Xavier Clarent 8th October 2023, 4:04 pm

Xavier Clarent

Y Rank
    Fallen God-King
    Crocus

Connecting Threads

“Now that is a worldly woman right there,” Faren said, gesturing to Saffron as she opened up the compartment and revealed her own deck of cards and other such items he had listed, in addition to a set of dice. It was meant as a genuine, not-all-together flirty comment, which was rare from the bard when it came to women. Her sister didn’t seem too impressed with the idea that her sister had a gambling habit but the blonde bombshell quickly explained that it wasn’t specifically for gambling, more for keeping her attention, which seemed to be a suitable excuse.

But it seemed strip poker had been decided, with Emma blurting out that she really wanted to see Agatha’s bust. The exploitative comment came out beyond her control and she immediately felt like an idiot, even as the rest of them chuckled at her. Agatha came to her rescue, teasing them all for being so cruel before sliding her arm under Emma’s, causing the bassist to freeze up. She insisted if she had just asked that she would have been happy to show her but now that the game was afoot, she would have to earn them. Emma stared at the redhead with wide eyes. “I did mention I’m single, right?” she circled back, reinforcing her stance for Agatha.

Saffron almost pulled things to a standstill by reminding them all that Senna was there, her literal sister, who she probably didn’t really wish to see naked. But her sibling shrugged and insisted that they’d seen each other naked plenty before and it wasn’t the most awkward game to play. Saffron’s complaint was more in defense of her sister not being ogled by everyone in the room, specifically Faren. The bard simply chuckled as he continued to toy with the cards, even as Senna explained that in order for anyone to see anything worthwhile, it meant they would have to beat her. “Now that’s the kind of competitive spirit that makes it fun. It isn’t about staring at each other’s bodies, my dear Saffron. It’s about knowing you’re better than your opponents and having the material objects to prove it. And your sister here has the fighter’s spirit.” Despite Saffron seeming to believe he had lecherous intent to take in everyone’s physical attributes, Faren was, more often than not, simply in it for the fun. He was a storyteller, a word weaver and they were his tools that he used everywhere he went but he was also a gambler and a risk taker. One had to be to make it big in entertainment without proper representation.

It seemed that was enough for Saffron, agreeing to the terms and allowing the game to begin. They arranged themselves around the dining table and did a quick search to find an unused set of poker chips. With everyone and everything gathered, Faren got them underway. The rounds went quick, as poker so often did and before long, Cillian was arriving with their food. He’d find a group of men and women in various states of undress; Xavier and Cedric were both shirtless and without shoes, Emma was fully topless and Nik, making the odd choices with the articles removed, had no pants, shoes or socks.

Meanwhile, Senna and Faren were still completely clothed. They’d traded winning rounds back and forth, neither progressing far enough to lose clothing and folding when they got certain reads. Between the two of them, there were no tells, simply wit and luck and they’d played expertly. Faren was more than pleased; he was almost overjoyed and ecstatic. It was so rare to find someone who could play the game so easily, with such mastery, finding each and every little crack in an otherwise impenetrable armor. He’d hardly glanced at any of the presented body parts, fixated with the utmost respect and concentration on Senna while still looking as calm and cool as ever.

Cillian remarked about them and Saffron was quick to jump in and state how well Senna was doing against Faren. “This is a rare treat,” was all he would say in response with a chuckle. Agatha stood up to help Cillian pass out silverware and asked if he wanted to join, though he admitted that he wasn’t sure he remembered how to play and that Dela, presumably his match, wouldn’t be pleased if he was stripping down with other people.

“Please, even I wouldn’t try and jump him. Not because I don’t want to but I saw the rabid look in that woman’s eyes that night. She was practically gnawing on Cillian’s abs to make sure he was properly marked as her’s,” Cedric spoke up as he took a pull from his drink, folding his cards and tossing them in the middle.

Agatha explained that Cillian had also been one of the men that had been asked to put their bodies on display. "That’s one hell of a girl’s night. Sounds like it was a lot of fun,” Xavier said with a laugh.

“Yeah, a real hoot,” Emma mindlessly said. Her eyes had been flicking between Cedric’s chest and Agatha’s, honestly unsure which one she preferred. She swore that she was fully straight but Agatha was seriously making her consider otherwise. She reached over and smacked Nik on the shoulder a few times without looking at him. “Hey, can you look like that? And I’m gonna get all up in that.” Emma said, pointing first at Cedric and then Agatha.

“Sure, she can… join,” Nik said, letting out a small hiccup. He was a bit more inebriated than the others, still in control of most of his cognizance but clearly much looser than before.

“‘Kay,” was the only response he got back from Emma, who clearly wasn’t really listening.

Cillian seemed convinced enough and agreed to join, everyone giving a small hurrah. “Don’t worry, Cillian. You’ll be fine. Agatha’s here so most people seem to stare more at her than anyone else.”

"Most people anyways,” Xavier remarked as he looked at Saffron, flashing her a wink.

They would take a couple of rounds to get Cillian squared away before getting back into it. The pace slowed down, now that the food was there and they could eat and shoot the shit with one another. Of all people, it was Cedric who wound up almost completely losing everything. Left only in his underwear, he decided to call it there, much to the chagrin of most of everyone, teasingly booing him. He collected the dishes and brought them into the kitchen to wash them, helping Cillian clean up. “This is a pretty nice place you have here, Cillian,” Cedric said as he scrubbed a plate with a sponge. “I’m hoping to find somewhere like this. I’ve never really had a home, y’know? Stayed at different places one after the other but never really found a place to settle. Now that I’m starting a new chapter, I think it’s time I actually find some place to call home.”

“Why not with Vandrad and them?” Faren asked. Xavier’s attention was split between the game and the conversation, doing his best to keep his focus on both.

“It is tempting but I think I’d like to try and see how I do out in the world. I’ve been living adjacent for most of my life. It’s probably about time I dive in and see what the hell it’s all about,” Cedric explained.

"I hear that. Sometimes ya just gotta go into the deep end and see how you paddle,” Xavier said, a playful callback to his time learning to swim at the hands of Saffron.

“Precisely.”

@Saffron Remington | 1275/5954 words • Notes •

[/color]

Saffron Remington
    Saffron Remington

Player 

Post by Saffron Remington 8th October 2023, 6:53 pm

“Yes, the challenge he presents is adequate,” Senna agreed, her expression as impassive as ever as Faren remarked on the poker rivalry the two of them were building up.

Saffron shook her head with a grin. “And you were giving me shit about gambling. I leave for two years and you become a straight up hustler.”

The younger sister shrugged. “College has ways of exposing you to new experiences you wouldn’t normally seek out on your own. Many of those experiences I chose to explore if only because doing so gave me some exposure to things which fell within my field of study.”

“Oh, what’s your major?”

“I duel majored in Psychology and Communications, with an emphasis on journalism, for my bachelors. Currently, I am two thirds of the way through grad school to get a masters in both, with plans to get into reporting.”

Agatha blinked openly at Senna. “Wow! You’re so young, but you double majored and you’re nearly finished with graduate school?” She looked astonished, and impressed.

“Yeah, Sen’s a bit of a nerd. While most kids spent their summers getting out and actually enjoying their time off from school, she took on extra classes through high school to have more elective credits to transfer. By the time she graduated and went to college, she was already halfway done with her bachelors degrees, and only had to spend two years in undergrad.” Despite the way she teased her sister, it was clear that Saffron was insanely proud of the younger woman. The two of them really couldn’t have been more polar opposite of one another, but that didn’t stop them from being close, or from getting along without the drama that often came from having siblings.

By then Agatha had folded her hand and joined Cillian to help him get everyone situated with food, inquiring as to if he was fully clocked out for the night and if he wanted to join them. Saffron teased that Cedric might try to jump him, and the former Dread Master immediately rebuffed the idea, if only because he’d seen the intensity with which Dela was hooked on the man, not interested in testing fate. Cillian giggled. “Yep, that’s my Dela, alright.”

After Agatha gave a brief explanation to fill in the gaps for those who hadn’t been present at Lusty Titans that night, Trevor gave a laugh and remarked about the fun time they clearly had. Meanwhile, Emma and Nik were both off in their own worlds, one inebriated enough that he wasn’t as reserved as usual, and the other with her eyes caught between Agatha and Cedric’s chests. Agatha’s wasn’t fully bare just yet like Cedric’s was, but she did have on a delicate and lacy push up bra that was doing everything for her bosom. Nik agreed that Agatha could “join” them, which Emma didn’t really seem to hear, despite her acknowledgement of it, and the redhead only offered them both a pointed, and perhaps somewhat seductive, smile. “Well, if you two are serious, I certainly would not say no to spending the evening with both of you. I’d just have to let my husband know I won’t be home tonight so he and our wife know not to wait up for me. That is, unless you want to come over to our place.”

Cedric took a moment to assure his buddy that most people, like Emma, would be more interested in staring at Agatha, though Trevor took a moment to remark that his would still be elsewhere, giving the elder blonde a wink. Saffron rolled her eyes, but was fighting back a pleased smirk regardless. She elected to change the subject. “Hey Emma, remember when you weren’t bisexual?” Saffron teased, folding her current hand if only so she could start digging into her food. “Good luck with that. You ask me, more than one partner at a time is far too much. I’m exhausted just thinking about it.”

Though her expression remained stoic as she continued her current bout with Faren, Senna loosed a snort.

Saffron peered at her as she chewed her meal. “What’s so funny?”

“Oh, just an ironic comment from a woman with two boyfriends.” The Fairy Tail mage fully choked on her mouthful, her eyes going wide and a full shade of dark pink. She had to pound on her chest a couple of times with her synthetic arm to dislodge the food from her throat so she could breathe again. Senna used the opportunity while her sister was recovering to continue her thoughts almost idly, without even really looking away from the poker game. “Listen, if you’re going to have two partners, it’s your life. It’s not really my taste, but I’m not going to judge you over it, though dad might have some questions that I wish you luck in answering.”

“I do not have two boyfriends,” Saffron insisted, finally finding her voice. Before he could even think about bringing up any comments regarding a thruple again, she pre-emptively whirled her gaze on Cedric with a pointed finger. “You have no lines in this play.” The elder sister was taking the moment in stride, easily finding the humor in it along with the others that were laughing outright, but her cheeks were as rosy as her eyes.

“You don’t have to protest so hard. At most, I’m just surprised and mildly disappointed that neither of them is a woman. You spent the entirety of high school chasing after girls and flat out ignoring most of the boys, so this is really a little anticlimactic after all that.”

“Oh my gods, Senna, you can stop any day now.” Despite being the butt of the current line of jokes, Saffron was shaking her head and laughing along with the others. Even Senna was smirking and looking more than a little pleased with herself. “Besides, it’s not my fault I can’t find any decent ladies, not when Mercury keeps narrowing the fuck out of my dating pool.”

“Mercury?”

“Vandrad’s fiance. She’s amazing and I love her to death, but she’s slept with pretty much every breathing person she’s met. At this point I avoid all her sexual conquests just on principle. Which sucks, cause that means I’ll never, ever get to sleep with Agatha or her absurdly attractive husband.”

Agatha gave Saffron an apologetic smile. “A real shame, because Ruzatz and I would just love to pamper you for a night.”

“Ugh, Agatha. Babe. Don’t fucking tease me. You are quite literally the only exception I’d ever consider, and I don’t need that kind of temptation in my life. I have to have standards somewhere, and unfortunately that line happens to be anyone who’s slept with Mercury. Or with Vandrad for that matter. To my sincere disappointment and eternal regret, that crosses you twice off the list.”

Agatha patted Saffron on the arm sympathetically. “Well… we’ll always have girls’ night.”

“We most certainly will..!”

The teasing and commentary continued on as they played and ate dinner, dealing Cillian in as well. Cillian was quite literally so bad at the game that he was fully naked within a few short rounds, despite his late start. Cedric, however, elected to bow out when he got down to his underwear. “Booooo! Coward..!” Saffron jeered playfully as he got up to help Cillian with the dishes.

The others continued to play and drink as the two men cleaned up. Cedric complimented Cillian’s apartment,expressing his desire to find a place of his own, something he’d never had before. Faren questioned why Cedric didn’t just shack up on New Rhaegar, seeing as how at this point it was highly unlikely that Themmy would deny him a place of his own. Cedric admitted he’d considered it, but ultimately felt that it would take away from the experience of truly finding his own independence and having an honest go at the world in a way he’d never been able to experience before; a sentiment that Trevor was in agreement with.

“Well, my handsome friend, you may be in luck. I actually still have a vacant flat a couple floors down, if you don’t mind having a sweet and sassy older woman living across from you. I was getting ready to list it soon, but I’m happy to let you steal it first. We can go take a look at it real quick, if you’d like.”

Presuming he was interested, the men would finish up the dishes and Cillian would throw on a pair of pants before grabbing his keys and making his way down the elevator two floors below his own. The door would open to a small hallway with two doors on either side. Pointing at one, Cillian told him, “Laverne lives here. She’s great. Took me in when I didn’t have a place of my own, and the only rent she charged me was to help her with her daily living. Only reason I was able to save up so much money to buy this place.” Heading to the other door, he unlocked it and swung it open, gesturing for Cedric to lead the way in. “After you!”
    deltra of gangnam style

WORDS: 1528/9860 | TAGS: @Vandrad Ragnos @Xavier Clarent @Mercury Arseneault

Xavier Clarent
    Xavier Clarent

Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Xavier Clarent 9th October 2023, 1:41 pm

Xavier Clarent

Y Rank
    Fallen God-King
    Crocus

Connecting Threads

Senna seemed to be enjoying herself, if one could call the neutral expression and tone she had enjoyment. Still, a man like Faren could tell when someone was enjoying the competition and as Saffron’s younger sister illuminated them on her time in college and the impressive resume she had built up for herself there, it made even more sense about her ability to both decipher other people’s tells while keeping her own facade perfectly poised. With the goal of becoming a reporter, she had the tools she needed to succeed and it was clear that Saffron was extremely proud of her younger sister for her accomplishments. “If I may put forth an offer without Saffron assuming I have ulterior motives,” Faren spoke up, tossing a few chips into the pot idly. “I’ve connected with a lot of different reporters throughout Ishgar over my years of traveling. Good people, honest people even. I can’t say I’d get you a job or anything, because who likes handouts. But I can give you their information and let them know you’ll reach out. They’re good resources to have.” It was a genuine, earnest offer, one that Faren was always all-too-happy to make for anyone he could help. He doubted she would ultimately need it; she seemed to have the kind of drive to get what she wanted but a helping hand here or there never hurt anyone.

It seemed Emma and Nik had walked themselves into a surprise party of three. The bassist had made a comment about wanting to include her and Nik, slightly inebriated, had agreed without really understanding what he was agreeing to. Agatha smiled at the two of them and remarked that she was more than happy to join them, that she would just have to let her husband and wife know she wasn’t coming home, unless they wanted to mosey on over to her place. “Husband and wife? Fuck, why am I not surprised. Uhh… shit…” Well now she was in a pickle. Did she just dive right in and see what the hell happened? “Fuck it, Nik, she’s coming with us to your place tonight. I’ll make up for my lack of college experimenting.”

“Wait… what?” Nik said, now sort of catching up to the conversation. Emma just waved at him, having made the executive decision for the two of them. Hell, he should be thanking her as far as she was concerned.

Saffron commented on her sudden interest in women and she flipped the bird her way. “Everybody gets one, suck it, Saff,” she playfully shot back, managing to peel her eyes off of Agatha’s rack to give the woman a playful grin. The blonde bombshell continued, stating that any kind of extra partners sounded like more work than it was worth and one was enough for her. Her comment drew a snort from her sister and when questioned on the sound, she simply stated that she found it ironic, considering her place between two different men.

Xavier had been pulling from his drink and that quickly came to a stop, the guildmaster choking and turning to cough into his hand. Cedric’s already relatively calm smirk pulled even wider in amusement as he glanced between the choking Xavier and the equally as choked up Saffron. As she worked to dislodge the food that had gotten trapped in her throat, Senna continued, stating that she wasn’t judging her but she was sure their father was going to have some questions that would be difficult to answer. Once she could breathe again, Saffron insisted she did not have two boyfriends. She must have felt a wave of playful banter emanating off of him because before Cedric could even open his mouth, she was already pointing at him and insisting he didn’t have anything to add. “Then as the ever masterful actor that I am, I’ll just have to improvise if I lack lines; I was merely going to say that I quite like Senna. She’s quite astute,” Cedric ended with a chuckle as he drank from his bottle.

Senna, of course, continued -- why wouldn’t she when she had the advantage. She insisted there was no reason to get worked up, just that she was slightly disappointed that neither of her partners were women. After all, the blonde had spent most of her time in school chasing skirts rather than slacks. Saffron continued to demand that she stop, even as she laughed along with the rest of the table. She continued, saying that it was difficult to find ladies that hadn’t already fallen ‘victim’ to Mercury.

Xavier had just about finished choking and calming down when the conversation took a turn. He glanced up at Saffron as she stated her stance when it came to Mercury, wanting nothing to do with anyone that had slept with her. The conversation fell silent for the guildmaster as a kind of weight pushed down on him. Fuck. Shit. And who was the one person he had slept with other than her recently? The one woman he’d allowed himself to get seduced by, given that he wasn’t in anything official. There was a small pit in his stomach as he processed that, managing to force an idle smile so as not to look suspicious.

And he wasn’t… for the most part. But unfortunately, Cedric’s connection to Vandrad was always strange in its timing, especially when it came to his sudden additional senses. He couldn’t quite pick up anything substantial but he felt… a concern. A nervousness all of a sudden. Like Saffron’s embargo on sharing partners with Agatha had made someone wary. The problem was, he couldn’t get a read on who. Faren, arguably, made the most sense but his ‘attempts’ at Saffron were more playful than serious.

It was concerning but without anything substantial to go off of, all he really had were inconclusive suspicions. And he wasn’t even sure they were real; he’d had plenty to drink already so it could just be his altered state. That’s what ultimately made him decide to take a minute to clean up, folding himself out of the game before he could wind up naked like almost everyone else. At that point, Emma had all but forgotten the game and was quietly chatting with Agatha, Nik now surprisingly more sober as he looked between the two women, especially when they turned to look back at him and snicker or giggle.

Cillian joined him in cleaning up and Cedric took time to talk to his more recent friend, explaining a bit about his future goals. As it turned out, Cillian seemed to have an answer for him right there. There was a flat in the same building that was unrented and in need of a resident. About the only thing he would have to contend with was an older woman who apparently was both sweet and snarky. “So I’m just getting a preview of what Saffron will be when she’s older.”

“Aw, look at that. He called you sweet,” Faren teased with a chuckle.

Cedric ignored the comment as Cillian offered to take him down to the empty spot to look around. “Sounds good to me. Leave these party animals to their own devices for a little bit,” he said back to the group, even as he walked over and grabbed his pants to pull back on. He followed Cillian down the elevator and to the floor where he would be staying, pointing out where the old woman, Laverne, lived. “Sounds like a truly remarkable woman,” Cedric commented, glancing at the door where Laverne lived even as Cillian unlocked the flat door and let him step in first.

Expectedly, it was completely empty. It was not a townhouse like Cillian’s place but it was roomy enough for a one floor standard. It separated into two different rooms, one complete with a bathroom. The living area merged together with the kitchen and what could assumedly be a dining room. It was simple but quaint. Exactly what he was looking for. “With all of this room to alter and play, who could possibly say no?” Cedric said as he turned to look at Cillian after walking into the center of the main room. “So long as you don’t mind me making a few alterations and renovations, I’d be happy to take it off your hands.”

@Saffron Remington | 1396 words • Notes •

Current date/time is 2nd May 2024, 1:30 am