Special Characteristics: None
Personality: Mercury is the definition of charismatic. She comes across as an intelligent and thoughtful individual that tries to be helpful to those that come to her for guidance or assistance, and generally her demeanor is gentle and playful. She gets along with most people that she meets and knows how to have a good time, but is rarely the life of the party. This is because she prefers to be an influencer rather than to have the spotlight on herself, working behind the scenes to make bigger things happen through others that catch more attention than she does.
Despite how it sounds, this is not out of any sense of humility or selflessness. Mercury actually wants to be recognized for what she does but only after it is finished and in motion, after no one can stop her. She hangs back because she has things to hide, not always approaching situations in a way that others might consider moral or compassionate. She is the type of person to whom the ends always justify the means, and her ultimate goal is to be a more powerful figure.
Mercury does not believe in following anyone. She does not necessarily have a problem with authority. In fact, authority figures typically find her quite agreeable. However, at the end of the day she only does what she feels is in her own best interest. As a leader, she appears to be fond of those who look up to her and to care for them. To an extent, she does. If someone proves themselves a reliable ally then she will try to keep them happy, but the truth is that she is very manipulative. If she needs to throw someone else under the bus to achieve her current goal, she will without hesitation. Once someone has been exposed to the dark side of her, she typically drops all pretenses around them and stops pretending to be an altruistic person.
- Technology - She comes from a society that mixes science and magic, so she is always surrounded by gadgets and gizmos.
- Authority - Mercury enjoys being treated like she’s in charge, or at least like her opinion is strongly respected.
- Clothing - A bit of a diva, she doesn’t leave the house without looking stylish.
- Failure - Mercury works hard and exhibits a lot of patience and planning to get what she wants. When it doesn’t happen, she does not take it well.
- Being dirty - She doesn’t mind a bit of dirt and grime, but there’s nothing worse than being covered head to toe in muck and having your clothes ruined.
- Being disrespected - Particularly by someone that is able to see through her friendly facade.
- Influence - She wants to be a person of power, and not just when it comes to magic.
- Knowledge - Mercury thirsts to learn as much as she can about everything so that she can have more power.
- Control - She lives for being the one to pull the puppet strings.
- The unknown - If knowledge is power then lack of it is a weakness.
- Loss of control - Having her control taken from her sends her down a very dark path.
- Exposure - Her secrecy is important to her, and if the things she wants to hide get out it could very well lead her to failure.
Skin Tone: Pale
Guild: Silver Wolf
Tattoo: Between her shoulder blades on her back; Red.
Last edited by Mercury Arseneault on 3rd October 2019, 11:50 am; edited 1 time in total