Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Technology? TECHNOLOGY! (Private; Mercury Arsenault)

Kyra Forte
    Kyra Forte

Player 
    Lineage : Lawmage's Word
    Position : None
    Guild : Rune Knights
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : Mercury Arsenault
    Experience : 7,412

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Lacrimatek Requip
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Technology? TECHNOLOGY! (Private; Mercury Arsenault) Empty Technology? TECHNOLOGY! (Private; Mercury Arsenault)

Post by Kyra Forte 20th May 2020, 4:43 am

KYRA FORTE

Word Count: Post: 508
    Tagged: @Mercury Arseneault
    Job Information: -
    Notes: -

The sun was shining in Era today and everyone who wasn't working was out enjoying the glowing radiance. It had only been a couple of days since Kyra had arrived in the city herself and yet the amount of paperwork she'd had to fill out and then sorting out her residence had taken its toll on her; all she wanted to do was get to work creating things. Patience wasn't her strong suit when it came to work, but she wasn't able to get started on any projects yet as she wasn't technically a part of the Engineer Corps; she was just a Private, taking orders from those above her. She didn't mind that of course, but she was an engineer and all she wanted was to build and create.

Today was a day off for her, and had been the nicest day so far. So she'd decided to make the most of both factors by sitting at a small tea shop in the city center. She was sat alone on a two-person table just big enough to fit her cup of tea (sans saucer, which she had placed on the table next to her because it was taking too much space), Vanguard-1, and her watch which was currently in pieces laid out carefully so that different parts and screws were at separate parts of the table. Her toolbox was beneath her feet and a small brush was held in her mouth as she unscrewed another piece of the watch, looking at it closely for a second to check for dirt or wear before placing it with some other similar looking parts that were rested on the table. All the while V-1's camera was adjusting, zooming in on the watch that was laid out in front of it, beeping quietly as it recorded and photographed the work being done. After placing the piece down, the white-haired genius took the brush from her mouth and gently brushed across the innards of the watch to remove any dirt that had gotten trapped in there - then sighing as a piece of the watch broke. It had sadly rusted, something Kyra had been aware of, but hopeful hadn't happened.

"Pass me a replacement for part LW-3 please V-1?" she spoke to the drone next to her. "Yes Mistress." came the reply, followed by two short beeps. Then a small tray came out from the side of the drone, with the replacement part laid upon it. "Thanks buddy." The Engineer popped the brush back between her teeth, holding it in place again as she took the part from V-1 and the tray immediately slid back into the drone's body. "Cahn't bewieve de dan thin broke..." she mumbled, the words muffled and marred by the brush. But V-1 understood nonetheless as he beeped again, his camera focusing in on the part she was in the process of putting back in. "That particular part was put in eight years ago Mistress, and was already used. It has lasted an exceptionally long time."

"Twue enuff."

IVYLEAF33

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Mercury Arseneault
    Mercury Arseneault

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Player 
    Lineage : Gold Rush
    Experience : 6,857,298

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Gunblade Master
    Second Skill: Mecha Primordial Slayer
    Third Skill:

Technology? TECHNOLOGY! (Private; Mercury Arsenault) Empty Re: Technology? TECHNOLOGY! (Private; Mercury Arsenault)

Post by Mercury Arseneault 21st May 2020, 7:58 pm

Mercury Banner
    Cunning is the art of concealing our own defects
    and discovering other peoples' weaknesses.
    If Mercury had to pick the one thing she loved most about Earthland, it was coffee. The young woman had never had the stuff before, having only discovered it several months ago upon arriving on this strange, magic filled little planet. From the moment the substance touched her lips the first time, her entire life had been revolutionized. It was a delicious and effective energizer to wake her up in the mornings, which was just as well considering Vandrad’s insistence that she wake her as up at awful early morning hours just to drag herself all the way from the Phoenix Mountains down to Magnolia just so they could throw punches at each other for an hour or two.

At the moment, however, she wasn’t in Magnolia. She and the Bellum prince had an upcoming appointment to meet with the leaders of the Rune Knights, Serilda Sinclair and Mythal Ragnos. They had booked the appointment under the guise of meeting under guild pretenses -- a fairly easy event to set up as the Rune Knights apparently worked to maintain an amicable relationship with Fairy Tail due to Director Mythal’s history as a former member of theirs. However, the truth of the meeting was because Mercury had finally gotten solid proof that Mythal was actually Vandrad’s brother, adopted by the prince’s father who had died a long time ago before learning that Vandrad even existed. Longing to learn more about the paternal half of his heritage that Vandrad had never known, the prince had decided it was time to finally meet and Mercury herself had arranged the appointment.

But, that didn’t mean that she was done researching. There was still much to learn about both the director and his affianced boss, so Mercury had taken it upon herself to spend some time in both Clover, where Serilda’s family was from, and Era where both of them worked. Fancy words and pretty pictures from magazines and news articles could only tell her so much about the couple’s true natures, and while she’d yet to directly interact with either of them face to face she had made it a point to pay close attention to and try to be present for some of their public appearances. She told herself it was merely out of curiosity, but the truth was that the prince had a much more profound place in her life than Mercury would ever be able to admit, and if the meeting was going to go south due to clashing natures and potentially toxic familial drama… well she wanted to be prepared for that ahead of time.

After wandering around a bit of the shopping district of Era for a time, she had slipped into a cozy looking tea shop that had caught her nose. They didn’t have a wide array of coffee options, given their specialty in teas, but they did have more than enough to make her happy. After she ordered her drink and was waiting for it to be brewed, she scanned the room curiously and her emerald gaze fell upon a young woman with white hair working on a wristwatch of sorts. Set on the small table was a moderately sized aerial drone with a propeller in each corner of its chassis and a camera dangling between its legs. Ever curious about the technology in Earthland, which so often proved to be several generations behind where she was from, Mercury scanned the drone with her internal sensors, reading it for its make up, material components, and electromagnetic output.

Surprisingly, the device was actually fairly advanced in comparison to what she was used to seeing around here. Taking her coffee when it was finished, she decided to meander her way over to where the woman sat. “Sorry for the interruption,” she told the woman with a friendly smile. “I don’t mean to be intrusive, but my curiosity gets the better of me most days. My name is Mercury, I’m an ace with the guild Silver Wolf. If you haven’t heard of us before, we’re kind of gluttons for magical artifacts and technology. Your drone there caught my eye. It looks pretty quality, more than others I’ve seen around. Did you make it yourself?”

WORDS: 709/709 | @Kyra Forte
    Serilda Sinclair

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Kyra Forte
    Kyra Forte

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Technology? TECHNOLOGY! (Private; Mercury Arsenault) Empty Re: Technology? TECHNOLOGY! (Private; Mercury Arsenault)

Post by Kyra Forte 22nd May 2020, 4:59 am

KYRA FORTE

Word Count: 499
    Total Word Count: 1007
    Thread Word Count: 1716

Job Information: Link here~

Kyra was too focused on her work to notice that a figure had approached from further in the shop as she battled with the new part she was attempting to fit into her watch. Whilst it was the exact same size as the part she'd removed, she'd forgotten that this part in particular liked to combat the small lacrima that was already in place - electromagnetism was both a blessing and a curse - and so it kept shifting as she was about to finish fitting it. After several attempts she finally succeeded, only to then be interrupted by Vanguard-1.

"Mistress, someone wishes to speak with you."

The voice of the drone broke the young woman's focus and she looked up at the figure that was suddenly stood beside her, coffee in hand. She had stunning lavender-coloured hair and beautiful emerald eyes that Kyra could help but be slightly jealous of, in spite of her own shining sapphires. She was a little taller than Kyra was, albeit not by much. Kyra listened to the woman as she introduced herself as Mercury, and Ace of Silver Wolf. Admittedly the pearl-haired maiden didn't know much about Silver Wolf other than that they were an independent guild - not against the Magic Council and Rune Knights, but not exactly in-line with them either. Thankfully the woman explained more about the guild she was a part of and it suddenly made sense why she'd interrupted Kyra during her work. She began asking questions about V-1, obviously a lead into the Rune Knight's work. This could be an innocent question from a fellow techno-buff, but she couldn't be too sure right off the bat. Nonetheless she would be pleasant. She got to her feet and, after nearly forgetting, removed the brush from her mouth to return the smile.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Mercury, I'm Kyra." she began before placing a hand gently on the pearly-white drone beside her. "And this is Vanguard-1. I built him when I was younger and kind of just...kept working on him. He's still not finished yet though..." she continued, chuckling slightly as she finished her sentence. It was true, she had many ideas for improving V-1, but she had other projects on the go right now. He'd get his time again soon enough.

V-1 beeped twice before its rotors gently started and it lifted itself off of the table, reaching a height in-line with Mercury's face, its camera focusing on the woman before beeping again. "Target unknown. Initiating introductory module...

Beepbeep. Beep.

Hello, Mercury. It is nice to meet you."

Kyra sighed. "I forgot to remove that didn't I? Remind me to sort that when we get back to the workshop please?"

"Beep.
    'Remove module announcement' added to to-do list Mistress."

Kyra smiled nervously. "Sorry. As I said, he's a work in progress. So what brings someone from Silver Wolf all the way to Era? It seems an awfully long way to travel just for a coffee."

IVYLEAF33

Mercury Arseneault
    Mercury Arseneault

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Mercury Arseneault 4th June 2020, 12:40 pm

Mercury Banner

It took a moment for the woman to realize Mercury was there, and even then she needed the assistance of her drone to draw it to her attention. It didn’t offend the Silver Wolf Ace, of course. Mercury herself was more than familiar with the sensation of being so engrossed in her work that little else registered in her systems. Not wanting to accidentally cause the woman to mess up, she waited patiently until the drone spoke up and the white haired women finally flicked her gaze over to Mercury, where she then introduced herself and gave her reason for approaching. The woman stood up with a smile, pulling the brush out of her mouth so she could speak clearly, introducing herself as Kyra, and the drone as Vanguard-1, whom the woman apparently had built when she was younger, though he still had work that needed to be done.

Before Mercury could say anything, the drone issued a beep and turned on its turbines, raising up to face Mercury directly. It proclaimed the use of its introductory protocol and greeted her with a friendly phrase. The Ace’s smile widened. “It’s quite the pleasure to meet you, too, Vanguard-1.” It seemed that Kyra had meant to remove one of his protocols a while back, and she instructed the Vanguard to remind her to do so later. With a somewhat nervous smile, she apologized and reiterated that the drone was still a work in progress before asking about what brought Mercury out to Era all the way from the Phoenix Mountains.

“Oh, it’s quite alright. I think he’s delightful. You’ve done a wonderful job on him, at least from what I can see on the outside. The best projects are almost always a work in progress anyway as we grow as engineers and scientists.” Mercury assumed, rightly or wrongly, that Kyra’s nervousness was from someone viewing a work in progress before its completion. A lot of engineers were particular about that kind of thing, and Mercury could see that her heart rate was running a little high though she was putting on a mostly good face.

Not wanting the woman to feel like she was there to spy on her work or anything, Mercury easily answered the other question posed to her. “I actually came to town to set up an appointment to meet with the Rune Knights,” she explained. “My friend and I had some information to pass along to the Director and the Marshal, so I came to get a meeting in place for us. Since I’ve never been to Era before I decided to take a look around and see what the city had to offer.” It was a simple enough truth, not quite going into any details nor being forthcoming with some of the more personal reasons for the visit, but the heart of the answer was more than accurate. Plus, the details she left out weren’t hers to give, and while Mercury couldn’t give a rat’s ass about ninety-nine percent of the people in this world, Vandrad was the one percent exception that she would never willingly expose his personal secrets to the world.

Taking a sip from her coffee, she continued on with conversation, seeing as how Kyra seemed pretty nice and open to a chat. “I don’t suppose you’re with a guild of any kind? Silver Wolf is always looking for talented engineers. Might be right up your alley. We have a ton of resources and material too, stuff that’s hard to find or not easily accessed. Could be we have a lot of things that would really help with your projects and upgrades.” Mercury nodded meaningfully toward Vanguard with a smile. She hadn’t come to Era with the intention of looking for recruits, but being an Ace was a full time job and she wasn’t going to shy away from potential talent when she saw it.

WORDS: 667/1376 | @Kyra Forte
    Serilda Sinclair

Last edited by Mercury Arseneault on 23rd August 2020, 7:10 pm; edited 2 times in total

Kyra Forte
    Kyra Forte

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Kyra Forte 5th June 2020, 1:49 pm

KYRA FORTE

Word Count: 483
    Total Word Count: 1490
    Thread Word Count: 2866

The woman, Mercury, took V-1's introduction in her stride, reciprocating the friendliness of the drone before turning her attention back to the Rune Knight, talking to her about how all good works are works in progress. Kyra's eyes lit up immediately as Mercury began talking; she was quite clearly an engineer or something to that degree as well. It was the only reason for her having that kind of a view. Outside of the Engineer Corps and her school, it was very rare to find someone with any interest in these sorts of things - outside of needing the newest technology of course.

But the topic soon changed as Mercury began explaining her reasoning for being in Era. It was a simple enough reason; She and a friend were sorting out an appointment with the Rune Knights - the Director and the Field Marshal no less! - and, as she was here, she did the only logical thing and was checking out the shops and cafes. Kyra couldn't blame her at all. The allure of checking out a new town or city and seeing what it had to offer were all too familiar to the pearly-haired engineer. It was, after all, how she had found Estelle's Bakery, the place of her dreams (Gods, those pastries and cakes were to die for). But still, to try and get an appointment with the two highest ranked people within the Rune Knights...whatever they had to discuss had to be SUPER important for them to take it that high. This wasn't a standard exchange of information, that much was clear. But the woman of Silver Wolf was not about to let any more of that topic come out of her mouth. Instead she turned her focus on Kyra herself.

Mercury began to ask about Kyra's status, particularly on whether she was looking for a guild. The woman described her guild, Silver Wolf a little; how it was a place for talented engineers such as herself, and how they had rather impressive resources and materials. Kyra was flattered at the interest of course and she chuckled and smiled. "Thank you for the offer, but I am a Rune Knight. I work in the Engineer Corps there. Generally I can get a hold of resources and whatnot for my projects through various channels there. Paying with my own money, of course." she replied, hastily adding the last sentence in case her words were misconstrued in some way. "It's also where my parents worked, so I hope to follow in their footsteps." she continued, then realised she'd opened up slightly more than intended. Still, it wasn't like that information was bad. It just...wasn't intended to come out. "But...if there's a way of working with people there, an exchange of certain information regarding resources and materials, I'd be very much open to a discussion regarding that should my superiors approve."

IVYLEAF33

Mercury Arseneault
    Mercury Arseneault

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Mercury Arseneault 23rd August 2020, 7:22 pm

Mercury Banner
    Mercury had been quite looking forward to the possibility of roping this young up and coming engineer into the Silver Wolf ranks, but it seemed it was far too late for that. The woman thanked her kindly for the invitation but explained that she was already a member of the Rune Knights with their engineering corps. It was a good place to be for someone such as herself as surely the Knights were the only organization that could rival Silver Wolf when it came to having the resources to run such activities. While Mercury was quite happy with her guild and knew that she would go crazy from all the red tape that the military surely put on its members, she was a little jealous. The Rune Knights probably had an easier time getting their hands on things that Silver Wolf often had to find on their own or get through illegitimate channels. Ah, well.

In truth, it seemed the decision had really come down to the fact that her parents had been part of the organization before her, and she was following their footsteps, making her a “military brat” as the term usually was. When she expressed an interest in perhaps working together with her, sharing resources and that kind of thing, Mercury smiled. “Sadly, Silver Wolf is a bit possessive about the resources we have. Being a Rune Knight, I’m sure you’re well aware that, as an independent guild, we don’t always acquire or handle items in ways that the Knights are particularly fond of.” She shrugged a little, still being friendly but also honest. It was no secret that Silver Wolf wasn’t always the most law abiding guild in existence, but generally the Rune Knights left them alone because they kept to themselves and had no interest in being a danger to society. It was just a mountain full of nerds that like to perform their work and explore their interests in peace without the burden of immanent law to stop them from conducting their research.

“But, that doesn’t mean I’m not allowed to do my own projects outside of the guild and to do collaborations with my own personal resources. So if you’ve ever got a project you’re working on that’s not confidential, I’d probably be more than interested in giving you a hand. And vice versa, if that sounds like something you’d be interested in. In fact, in the interest of good faith, I’ll let you take a look at this.” Reaching to her side, she unholstered the oversized pistol at her hip, offering the weapon to her handle first. Mercury wasn’t worried about it discharging by accident, as it was biologically programmed to respond only to her fingerprints and DNA. Still, it would be a piece of technology that the woman would likely find quite interesting, giving it’s curiously futuristic make; far more advanced than anything she’d likely ever seen before. There were buttons along the sides near the trigger that she could surmise changed the type of ammo, and it had a large barrel that looked as though it could release more than just simple bullets. In fact, if her eye for technology was as keen as Mercury suspected, Kyra might also notice the hinges and mechanisms along the top of the barrel that betrayed the top of the weapon could also unfold into a sword.

WORDS: 571/1947 | @Kyra Forte
    Serilda Sinclair

Kyra Forte
    Kyra Forte

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Kyra Forte 6th November 2020, 3:57 am

KYRA FORTE

Word Count: 486
    Total Word Count: 1976
    Thread Word Count: 3923

Mercury's admission that Silver Wolf weren't exactly 'law-abiding' should have surprised Kyra and, by rights, put her on edge. Yet something about the woman's tone, her expression, and indeed the fact that Silver Wolf had not been mentioned alongside the Dark Guilds of Fiore, were all signs that she shouldn't be too concerned with this new knowledge. Instead of surprise or concern, Kyra found herself disappointed instead at the realisation that working with Mercury on an official level was not a possibility.

But as she was about to lose hope at finding someone who understood technology to such a level, the guildmage handed something over to her and expelled that disappointment in an instant as she offered her assistance for any non-confidential projects that the Rune Knight might have and handed something over to her. It took a moment for the younger girl to register quite what was being handed to her, but once she took a proper look at it, her eyes widened in awe. To someone ignorant to technology it was just a fancy firearm. But Kyra's sapphires looked the weapon from the handle - the grip seemed to have something just beneath the surface that suggested it was some kind of a lock or something, and with multiple switches which, Kyra surmised, affected the gun's output in some fashion or another - right up the barrel which in itself was a sight to behold, with various mechanisms visible that suggested this weapons was much more than met the eye. Were the pair not in the public eye, she likely would have requested taking it apart there and then. But alas, taking a weapon apart in the middle of a crowded building was very much against the Knights' Code of Conduct and so she simply scanned the weapon over a few more times, taking in what she could and theorising how it worked. She dared not to try and make it work in any way, or play around with the mechanisms that were clearly running through the complex firearm, so instead, once she'd taken in what she could, she handed the weapon back and looked up at Mercury, her eyes filled with questions.

"It's beautiful! What is that feeling beneath the grip there? What do the switches do? Those mechanisms are so perfectly made, but what do they do? Does the gun become something else? Ohmygosh does it become a sword?! I've wanted to build something like that for years but I couldn't get a lacrima to fuse properly to allow for the weapon to change properly and still function as intended."

Kyra caught herself at this point, clearing her throat and giggling nervously. "S-sorry. If it's okay with you, would I be able to take a closer look sometime and see how it functions?" she requested, trying her utmost to supress her excitement, but clearly failing to hide it by this point.

IVYLEAF33

Current date/time is 18th April 2024, 10:10 pm