Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Newcomers (Fairy Tail Introduction)

Thost
    Thost

Player 
    Lineage : Curse of the White Witch
    Position : None
    Guild : Fairy Tail
    Cosmic Coins : 160
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 350

Newcomers (Fairy Tail Introduction) Empty Newcomers (Fairy Tail Introduction)

Post by Thost 2nd September 2020, 7:02 am

Thost couldn't believe it, he finally made it to Magnolia town and managed to find the fairy tail guild. He's been going from city to city to finance his travels, bouncing around from place to place as a freelancer. However,  he did want to finally settle down somewhere and take a break for a couple of months or something along the lines of that.   At the same time, he was expecting to see his companion waiting for him outside the doors. They did say that they were going to finally meet up in this town, mainly because she was quite fond of the guild and said that this was something that she was interested in doing. However, that could change, even though Thost is already committed to it. That and the fact that he was tired of walking around all the time, he figured that it was finally time to walk in and introduce himself.

"I'm not too sure where Ava is, but she would get here eventually. Or maybe she would give me a call and tell me that she won't be in town for another week.  Ah well,  she mostly moves to the beat of her own drum anyway."

After walking in, Thost moved straight to the bar and had a seat. He then started to scrummage any bit of money that he had left and placed it on the table. "I don't know if this can cover both the guild fees for joining as an intern and a plate of food, but I would like both if possible."

He had no idea what he was doing, playing it mostly by ear. But hopefully, someone would come along to help him out.

Total WC: 284

Last edited by Thost on 4th September 2020, 6:32 am; edited 1 time in total
    Mura Kensho
    Mura Kensho

The Ghost Slayer

The Ghost Slayer

Regular VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Neutral Guild Ace- Dark Guild Ace- S-Rank- A-Rank- Halloween Social - Haiku Contest Participant- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Hero- Summer Special Participant- Player 
    Lineage : Pluto's Oathbreaker
    Position : God of Mettle
    Partner : Mythica
    Faction : The Luminous Covenant
    Guild : Fairy Tail (GM)
    Cosmic Coins : 155
    Dungeon Tokens : 21
    Experience : 10,355

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Spirit Completion Magic
    Second Magic: Onmyōdō
    Third Magic: Second Origin

Newcomers (Fairy Tail Introduction) Empty Re: Newcomers (Fairy Tail Introduction)

Post by Mura Kensho 3rd September 2020, 8:46 am

The humble bartender Adam sure had an interesting fellow at his desk. This young man appeared to be new here, or new in Magnolia given his recent action. And he wanted to join as an intern, but asking the bartender was a strange start. The brunette scratched the back of his head and simply prepared a plate, replying on the way: “I’m sure you can afford both those things… becoming an intern doesn’t require coin. We cover our own fees just fine… but you need bollocks. Skills, too, whether they be physical or magical. Contribution to our guild and all that, pretty simple.” The plate was now filled with today’s lunch; potato salad and ripe salmon with crème fraiche and a dash of pepper. Adam placed the plate right in front of Thost and smiled like the ideal bartender he promised himself to be long ago. “Shall I call the Guildmaster or one of our Aces? The Master's upstairs in his office at the moment… been there for quite a while, now. It’s a little worrying.”

In the meantime, in the Guildmaster’s office…

Lots and lots of scribbling, pen grinding against paper, and two bloodshot eyes from Mura aimed at the TV in front of him was yet one of many scenes occurring in the office. He was watching another detective movie, and the idea of coloring a piece of old, used paper with erased words to expose the marks of said words was an ingenious way to read such deleted evidence. He had to write that down…

WC: 255

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Themes:
    Thost
    Thost

Player 

Newcomers (Fairy Tail Introduction) Empty Re: Newcomers (Fairy Tail Introduction)

Post by Thost 4th September 2020, 9:20 pm

Well, that went easier than expected. This was about the first time that Thost walked into a guild. He didn't expect anything with this interaction, or maybe he expected some kind of miniature hazing and pushback in order to see how tough he was. However, they even offered him some food, as well as telling him that there was no sort of fee in order to join a guild. There was always a cost to things, and for Thost's sake, what he had to offer was potential if that was something he could stake his potential career in this guild on. At the very least, he would hope that they would take him on.

"If possible I would like to meet with someone I can talk to. I don't have much, but I was given something of an inheritance randomly and I'm just rolling with it. Not necessarily a rag to riches story, but when you find out that you may be more than what you think you are, you are motivated to pursue it. Or at the very least, see if that is something that you are willing to have here."

At any rate, if this was enough to earn him an audience, it would be worth it.

WC 493

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Newcomers (Fairy Tail Introduction) W2pMHB0
    https://www.fairytail-rp.com/t42784-thost-s-bank
    Mura Kensho
    Mura Kensho

The Ghost Slayer

The Ghost Slayer

Regular VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Neutral Guild Ace- Dark Guild Ace- S-Rank- A-Rank- Halloween Social - Haiku Contest Participant- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Hero- Summer Special Participant- Player 

Character Sheet

Post by Mura Kensho 17th September 2020, 1:06 am

“Hmh… I guess inheritance is good and all. I can’t tell for sure, but let me go fetch the Master for you,” the bartender informed him before turning away and facing the manifestation of a light orb that took the form of a child-like being with flaming, golden hair and blitzing eyes. The bartender made his case clear to the messenger, which then flew up through the ceiling and informed Mura Kensho of the newcomer who wanted an audience with him. It wouldn’t take that long…

Out of the elevator further ahead came Mura, mostly composed except his eyes which were blood-shot red for some reason. He had a worried look on his face, but it had nothing to do with the guest today. “Hey, um… I heard that you wanted to join Fairy Tail. Am I right?” The Guildmaster approached the bar where the two men awaited him, then took a seat in front of Thost, “Hmh… you’re a mage, that’s for sure. What exactly is your story? At the very least, let me know a bit about a future recruit.”

WC: 182
    TWC: 437

Themes:
    Thost
    Thost

Player 

Post by Thost 20th September 2020, 8:23 pm

At the very least, he would be able to talk to the master. That was good, since getting a chance to explain his case and reasons for being there was the best that he could do. It's not as if that Fairy Tail would go ahead and accept anyone, Thost had some sort of inkling that they maintained an expectation for the people that ended up eventually joining the guild. While he was constantly among exceptional people, Thost wanted to find a way to stand out, or keep up.

"Alright, thank you very much. I guess I'll just wait here then. "

With some time, the master of Fairy Tail finally showed up. He looked kind of tired, was being a guild master that much work? At that moment, Thost didn't envy being in that guy's shoes.

"Well, I'm a trust fund kid that knows nothing about the family that set the fund up for me in the first place. I managed to figure out metallic demon slayer magic for better or worse, due to an implant that I received along with the trust fund. I'm supposed to do something with this, but I don't know what. I wanted to make a place for a good friend of mine, but she hasn't arrived yet. I do believe in the ethics of hard work and I wasn't raised in wealth.  And ah...... do you need some coffee or something? I don't need to be rude or straight forward, but you do seem a little tired...mr. guildmaster...sir..."

WC 255
    TWC:  748
    Mura Kensho
    Mura Kensho

The Ghost Slayer

The Ghost Slayer

Character Sheet

Post by Mura Kensho 28th September 2020, 7:19 am

Uh… okay, Mura should’ve prepared himself. That was a mouthful, really. What he got from it was that Thost had been financially supported via a fund from his family - perhaps they expected him to become a mage here in Fairy Tail? But he explained that he knew not why they had given him this fund… strange. Strange indeed.

“Trust… fund? Why haven’t they told you what this fund is for…?” he mumbled curiously to the suddenly revealed to be Metallic Demon Slayer. Hey, that was a rare Lost Magic - much akin to Thea-chan’s and Kumi-chan’s Dragon Slayer Magic, this one specialized around the element and personifications of demons, obviously given by the name. It was, according to his own words, an implant that was a part of his trust fund… the plot thickened.

Other than that, he awaited another female friend of his. It was impossible for Mura to deduct who he meant, but the comment about the shaman needing coffee was on spot for Thost. Mura’s eyes had heavy bags under them, so a mug of strong, black coffee should do the job. “U-Uh, yeah, coffee would be just great right about now,” he spoke before grabbing a mug that Adam, the bartender, held up for him - the sharply observing bartender knew that Mura needed something to kick him into gear, so the mug was prepared beforehand.

After taking a sip, causing his body to vibrate for a brief moment, Mura spoke again: “The name’s Mura Kensho.” He figured that exchanging names was important at this point, just so he wouldn’t miss it later, “Well, if you want to become a powerful and helpful mage, then Fairy Tail’s doors are open. But… your actions will speak louder than your words.” The shaman rose up on his feet and left his half-finished mug, walking two steps away before facing Thost again. “You believe in the ethics of hard work, am I right? Why don’t you show me just how far you’ve gotten with that conviction, with your Demon Slayer Magic?”

In all honesty, Mura already sensed potential in him. He possessed Demon Slayer Magic, but he felt new to the path of being a mage… and there was a tint of awkwardness in him too. Mura wanted to break the ice a little, perhaps install some confidence in him. He would likely be able to impress the shaman… which would further strengthen the boy’s convictions.

Why was it that almost every Fairy Tail Guildmaster wanted to be shot at by newbies?

WC. 426
    TWC: 863

Themes:
    Thost
    Thost

Player 

Post by Thost 30th September 2020, 10:46 am

"No, not really. My family is being rather distant, I know they exist but that's about it. Some would say that I should be a little angrier about it, but I'm not."

Mura Kensho, the name of the man who was the leader of the fairy tail guild. In all honesty, Thost didn't think that this man would have been willing to meet with him. Didn't organizations have people who would become a stand-in if individuals like Thost wanted to join or inquire about joining? Maybe, in this case, the people in the guild were more personable and liked to meet the potential prospects before making a decision? If the latter was the case, Thost tried to be on his best behavior and be truthful. As a matter of fact, it was the only thing that he could do.

But one thing did throw him off a bit, it seemed that the master of the group wanted to fight Thost.

"Wait what? That doesn't sound like a very smart idea, even if I rephrase that in a nicer tone. You have been doing the magic thing for quite some time Mr. Kensho, I hope you aren't expecting a serious challenge. I guess to be as transparent as possible, there are only about three moves I know right now. Plus, is there a place where sparing can be held? The food here is pretty good, i'd like to avoid the kitchen as much as possible haha..."

He was highly skeptical, but he would still accept if he wanted to get in. That's the way it had to be, so Thost would take him up on the offer.

Mura Kensho
    Mura Kensho

The Ghost Slayer

The Ghost Slayer

Character Sheet

Post by Mura Kensho 8th October 2020, 4:57 am

Yup, highly skeptical of Mura’s request given the info he held. However, Mura wouldn’t just ask him to fight him head-on with his life on the line - the fact that the white-haired Demon Slayer assumed that to be what the Guildmaster requested let out a chuckle from Mura. “Wait, no, no, no! Anything but serious from me, trust me…” he assured the newcomer with a dismissing and vibrant look on his face, “We have our training grounds upstairs. B-But I’m not asking you to fight me, I just want to see your spells.” What was so wrong about being curious about other people’s magic, really? This guy was going to join the guild, anyway; might as well see how he looked in action.

“You might be… hmh, yeah, you’re the third Demon Slayer I’ve ever met in my whole career as a Fairy Tail Wizard. Demon Slayer Magic is abnormally rare to witness, nowadays,” he explained to the in-the-flesh Demon Slayer in front of him while raising a friendly hand, “Already by knowing that, I can see where your magic would do the most efficient work. Ever since the Monsterland Crisis, hostile devils and impure monstrosities are more common than ever. As a Guildmaster, I gotta take that into consideration.” He rose up on his feet, his words spewing confidence from deep within the shaman’s heart as he smiled a little more.

“But I don’t know if you’re an offensive-type of guy, or if you focus on support. I don’t know how durable your spells are, or how fast you can cast them. I don’t know how much mana you can burn in a battle, or how much stamina you possess. These are all things that we aim to refine and improve upon day after day here in Fairy Tail, so knowing where you start is a good step to take.”

Hoping that Thost understood his reasoning, Mura bowed his head. “It might be too much to ask this early, but may I please see how you throw your spells and such? Just a display is enough for me.” It was clear that the number of spells was unimportant to him.

WC: 362
    TWC: 1225

Themes:
    Thost
    Thost

Player 

Post by Thost 12th October 2020, 9:48 am

Well, that was a close one, it looks like the guild master wasn't too serious about the whole combat thing. He only wanted a demonstration and to see what Thost can do. Thost wasn't too good at poker faces, so the look of relief after the first statement was wildly apparent. However, that didn't mean he was a coward, he really was the kind of guy that would pick his fights if he could help it. He also figured that demon slayer magic was actually a rarity among mages. Or maybe slayer magic, in general, was something hardly seen.

"I've seen some amazing things before, so I didn't think that what I can do was too amazing. However, you are a guild master, so you know a lot more things than I do about the world of mages. I'll take your word for it, I can only hope to live up to the expectations of what people expect me to do."

There was o way around it, so he figured that he would show the guild master everything he can do. It was embarrassing, to say the least, but that was only because he hadn't had too much experience with the magic yet. He couldn't do anything fancy, but he would have hoped that Mura would be impressed or amused.

"Alright, Metal Cluster!"

Three gray magic circles appear in a safe area of the training section and subsequently launch darkened spiked metal cluster balls in that area.

"Dark Spear!"

He then threw a quick kick with one of his legs that was hardened with his metallic demon slayer magic.

"Metallic Hell Chains!"
    The three gray magic circles appeared again and this time, launched a bunch of chains that lashed about.

"Those are most of what I can do. Oh, there is one more.... Armor Of The Metallic Demon!!!"

A black metal coat covered over Thost, as well as the top portion resembling a demonic helmet. He had it on briefly as he turned around to show mura and then deactivated it.

"So, what do you think?"

Demonstrated
    Spoiler:

Mura Kensho
    Mura Kensho

The Ghost Slayer

The Ghost Slayer

Character Sheet

Post by Mura Kensho 14th October 2020, 11:52 am

Mura simply clapped his hands softly in front of his chest in gratitude. Thost must’ve been to and fro and seen a lot, despite his apparent lack of experience in magical skill. However, he had the right to know how special Demon Slayer Magic was… or, well, how specialized it was compared to many other types of magic. And, if possible, he also had the right to work on his skill and get help and stuff. Y’know, if he was to become a guildmate, then Mura would make it a personal goal to bring the best out from him. At one point, either sooner or later, he would possibly become very independent and powerful and shoot through the ranks, causing a tear of pride to trickle down the Guildmaster’s cheek…

“Trust me, the few times I’ve seen Demon Slayer Magic in action, they’ve been starkly amazing,” he assured Thost, “Even if you’re new to it, no doubt that you’ll become someone great if you put your mind to it.”

Those words fit everyone, really; people’s actions always reflected willpower, either to stick to a certain lifestyle and set of morals or… well, to stick to other ideologies. Will was the key, according to Mura.

Thost cast his spells right in front of the shaman, beginning his presentation! His first spell, Metal Cluster, summoned magic circles around the training room in separate corners where a bundle of grey metal balls with sharp spikes covering them like hair shot out in all directions. Huh, usually, Demon Slayer Magic was holy in nature, but it was the first time that he saw holy attributes in metal… or was it? He could scarcely remember…

Anyway, grey metal might’ve been synonymous with holy energies imbued in it. Besides, a spell that dealt with limiting mobility like this was always neat to have in your arsenal. “That’s a wide array of metal orbs that you got flying over there, Demon Slayer!” he complimented the, you guessed it, Demon Slayer, “I’d be inclined to avoid that area if I was caught between those magic circles.”

He already had a suggestion for an idea that could further evolve that spell. However, he’d save that idea for later; now, Thost kicked out with his leg that was coated in the same, grey metal - a way to imitate a demon’s kick as he called that spell ‘Dark Spear’. “And a quick spell to surprise people in melee-combat. Not bad.”

Metallic Hell Chains was his next spell, where three grey magic circles launched dark chains of the same, dark metal as the two other spells. “Ohh, a binding spell, perhaps?”

And his last spell was a black metal coat covering him like a chainmail. The helmet of that looked hostile with demonic characteristics. “Sweet armor. I have a spell similar to that, actually.”

And with that, Mura got a good idea of his capabilities. Nice start-up, really; Thost appeared to rely on efficiency instead of absolute firepower, which his magic was able to complement. “Your first spell could be used as a way to protect your own person, too. Say, if the metal orbs flew around you specifically, so that people who approached you would have to avoid all those orbs…” he expressed while holding his chin in deep thought, “But you’ve got a useful starter pack of spells. Naturally, they’ll adapt to your own experiences in the long run - your magic does grow with you, indefinitely. Mostly from your own, physical efforts, but also from knowledge and other virtues.” At that point, Mura had made his decision.

Between his hands, the shaman held a wooden box. He opened the box and held a stamping tool with the Fairy Tail Symbol as its template. “This is how we stamp our new members with the Guild Tattoo. The ink is tied to us and to the guild on auric levels, beyond what even I can fathom. It’s a symbol of our commitment to the guild and to our members, our brothers and sisters. It’s a symbol of pride, strength and fortitude. If you have no hesitation in your heart, then tell me where you want your Mark to be.”

WC: 699
    TWC: 1924

Themes:
    Thost
    Thost

Player 

Post by Thost 17th October 2020, 11:06 am

If there was one thing that Thost wasn't expecting, it was the commentary between each ability that he used. Spell usage was definitely something else, but he truly understood that if someone like Mura could take an interest in what he was doing, maybe Thost himself shouldn't downplay the spells either. If a person was smart enough or the calculating time, they could find a good use for anything. The same could be said for Thost's spells, so he wasn't too worried. The crucial thing that he was worried about came up next, the guild masters final decision.

"I'm in? Awesome! Phew, that was a bit of a close one. Can it be silver and on my left shoulder please?"

Finally, Thost was in a guild. Even though that was the case, he had a feeling that he got through a milestone but didn't know what to do next.

"Would this be enough to start doing missions now? I am looking forward to getting started. Unless you want me to do something else?"

Mura Kensho
    Mura Kensho

The Ghost Slayer

The Ghost Slayer

Character Sheet

Post by Mura Kensho 20th October 2020, 12:03 pm

Thost was quite excited now that he had joined Fairy Tail. Mua smiled brightly, glad to see his guild expand with new faces and new brothers. The stamping tool was planted on his left shoulder - after Mura conveniently burned away his cloth on said area to expose the skin. “Sorry about the shirt,” Mura spoke while scratching the back of his head, “But hey, the Guild Mark looks brilliant. Silver is a fair choice for a color, too… you see the outline, right? It’s dark-orange right now, because you start out here in Fairy Tail as a Bronze Member. Once you rise in the ranks and gain experience, it’ll change into a silvery contour, and at last, it will turn gold.”

That was pretty much it about the Guild Tattoo, for the rest was mystery.

He nodded to Thost’s next questions and replied: “Take a look at this quest.” He held out a piece of paper with a Magnolian citizen’s plead to rid their house of evil spirits, the kind of which the client suspected to be their dead relatives enacting revenge over an old squabble that they had in the past. “This client has an issue with evil spirits haunting her house. I suggest you put your Demon Slayer Magic to the test and face these evil spirits, for your magic’s main purpose is to purify.”

With that said, he heard Adam call for the Master through the speakers up on the corners of the training room. Mura nodded to the voice and informed Thost: “Meet me up at my office once you’ve completed your task. And watch your back, alright; you can never be too careful during an official mission like this one.”

WC: 286
    TWC: 2210

-EXIT-

Themes:

Current date/time is 28th March 2024, 8:11 am