Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Breaking the dormancy

Kaja Jelen
    Kaja Jelen

Dragon VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Haiku Contest Participant- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Curiosity of a Strange World
    Position : None
    Guild : Guildless
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 7,993

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Arma Machinis
    Second Skill: Archive - Nemo
    Third Skill:

Breaking the dormancy  Empty Breaking the dormancy

Post by Kaja Jelen 13th April 2020, 7:24 am

Amalia Ad Augusta per Angusta

The common room of the inn boomed with laughter, the chime of glasses clashing and brimming with a myriad of diverse voices. The smoke of the big hearth filled the room with wonderfully scented fragrances as the flames consumed enchanted firewood. The inn seemed to be lively at no matter the time of the day and some customers seemed to never leave the establishment. It was near 5 pm and the kitchen was still producing exquisite dishes for the customers who were out to get a delicious meal, but others had eaten at home and were there just to drink. The big kegs filled with sweet honey mead, earthly beer and rich wine seemed to flow constantly.

From the stairs came a tapping, a young slender woman walked down the steps to the common room. Her legs were wrapped in tall riding booths mad of glinting black leather and dark panties. She wore a black skirt that fell up to her knees and around her hip she wore a white leather belt with a holster for a revolver on her right hip. A rapier with a large silver guard hung on her left side, its scabbard was made from black leather. Her upper body was covered by a long-sleeved white top. Her long maroon hair was lushly braided and hung over her left shoulder. Bright chestnut eyes looked into the world with confidence as she held up her head high and her glossy lips formed a beaming smile; she looked forward to an appetizing dinner.

Amalia walked to the bar. ”Bonjour, could I get today's dish?” asked the redhead with a voice that was thick with a Minstrelean accent. She could speak without that accent and assume different ones, but she preferred her native accent which gave a nice ring to the words she spoke; or so she thought, it was also part stubbornness.  

The bald man behind the counter nodded, “Ai, we will bring it shortly. You can take a seat; I think there is still a place somewhere.” He handed Amalia a small lacrima that the staff could use to find her table.

”Merci vou ple,” Amalia said with dimples in her cheeks as she smiled. She had spent the whole day studying in books on warfare and fighting as she had no luck with jobs thus far, none of her contacts had jobs for her and her advertisements for her services rendered no customers. It always felt as if a day of studying made her feel hungrier than a day of fighting. She walked away from the bar to look for a place to sit, and as she turned around, she saw the barman shake his head. Probably not fond of foreigners she thought, her smile melt away and her bouncy walk turned into a stride. The lacrima was clench in her fist as she looked for a place. She found one empty table, a tall one with four stools. She placed the lacrima with a loud tap on the wooden surface of the table. Amalia took her sword and scabbard from her belt and placed it with a thud on next to the lacrima. The slender legs of the fabric patted stool made a shrieking noise as Amalia dragged it to make room to sit.

A while had passed, and Amalia was fumbling with the lacrima in her hands. At last, the dish arrived, a waitress with short blue hair brought a steaming plate to the table. The plate was placed in front of Amalia, who bent to smell the amazing fragrances of the dish; water ran in her mouth. ”Merci vous plait,” her eyes were closed as she smiled, ”could please bring a fine wine from Minstrel? A bottle and glass please.” She handed the waitress the lacrima, the blue-haired woman nodded and left without a word. Amalia inspected her food. There were four slices of meat, covered in a brown paste that was sprinkled with what seemed to be crunched hazelnuts. Next to the meat lay a salad of greens and carrot curls and a nice bed of mashed potatoes with flocks of old cheese and herbs strewn about. Amalia started to dig into the food, savouring every bit she took from the tender meat, the mashed potato and the greens. This is heavens, thought the Minsterlean woman with closed eyes. The waitress arrived with a green bottle of wine and a tall wine glass, she poured Amalia a glass. ”merci,” said the noblewoman, ”it tastes delicious.”

“Thank you, I’ll be sure to pass it on to the chef,” and with those words, the blue-haired waitress turned about to serve other people.

Ow, de Dodonge, thought Amalia as she took a whiff from the wine after she swirled the wine around in the glass, she could distinguish quite some wines from one another just by smelling them. Exquisite, was the thought that ran through Amalia’s head as she took a sip, this is how cheap wine is meant to be. There were good tasting wines among the cheaper ranges, some even tasted better than the properly expensive ones according to Amalia.

863/863 § @Yuvon § signup § job info § notes

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Bianca§
    Breaking the dormancy  0WKR6kK
    Theme:

Yuvon
    Yuvon

Player 
    Lineage : Victor's Descent
    Guild : Silver Woof
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Experience : 7,640

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Memory-Make
    Second Skill: Deep Dragon Slayer (2nd Gen)
    Third Skill: Antique Dragon Slayer (2nd Gen)

Breaking the dormancy  Empty Re: Breaking the dormancy

Post by Yuvon 14th April 2020, 6:21 am

Breaking the dormancy  From_c10

“Are you the only one that they sent…?” a deep voice coming from an old man rumbled towards the Librarian. The question was out of worry for the wagon filled with foods and ingredients that the old man was selling to Silver Wolf, in which he would have to transport it all to the guild at the Phoenix Mountains. That was a good handful of miles between Cedar and the guild hall of Silver Wolf - more like over 100 miles - but it was worth the coin… however, the road that was expected to be taken proved to be more hazardous than one would think. They would have to take the train from Cedar Station to Sakuramori Station, and from there was a long walk up the feet of the mountain range towards the guild hall itself. A long road to take, but it wasn’t just the distance; the train trip might have been safe enough, but the walk across the mountain range just oozed with warnings of marauders and thieves just waiting, hiding in the trees and bushes and all sorts of vegetation for the next wagon to be raided. One’s screams would be deafened by the walls of the mountains, so what the old farmer and supplier needed more than coin was safety. And one wizard from Silver Wolf wasn’t enough to satisfy that need…

“Well, yes, sir. Am I not sufficient…?” Yuvon asked him back. They were both located with the wagon truck by four horses right outside of a fine inn and close to the bridge that connected Cedar to the mainland. The farmer nodded quickly and came up with a demand slash idea: “This inn that you see right next to you… I’ve heard that a red-haired swordswoman for sale is present. Amalia… There were notes and flyers near the train station, too. If you manage to hire her, then it’ll be much safer for me and my wagon, yanno?” He had a point; two guards were better than one, and the old man had other things to worry about than his own safety.

With that in mind, Yuvon pushed open the doors and entered the inn; his choice of clothing was the dark-green robes of his with golden appendages resembling the heads and jaws of dragons - regal creatures. His leggings were a little wide and loose, contrasted by the dark-brown boots that he also wore. His brown belt was held together by a silver seal resembling the mark of Silver Wolf. His top complimented his leggings but were tighter with a V-neck woven into the top itself, revealing but the blouse itself. The V-neck was decorated in zig-zag patterns, and his arms wielded small spikes of yellowish bones. However, the most defining feature on him was his uncommon mask; it resembled the face of a monster straight from fairy tales with sharp, horn-like tentacles pointing down and with other horns and tentacles pointing back from the back of his head. The eye holes were narrow, but they were able to transfer his expressions out like a cartoon character.

“Hmh…” Yuvon hummed as he looked around the inn for this particular Amalia. The inn workers and customers threw him a short glance, surprised to see a man dressed that strangely and almost flamboyantly, but ultimately minding their own businesses a few moments later.

Yuvon did spot her, in the end… she was sitting for herself at a table a bit further away, enjoying a fine meal that his eyes could smell as if he was sniffing it up - that was how good it looked. He strolled towards the table quite confidently and took a seat at the other side of the table, now facing her directly.

“I believe that you must be Amalia,” Yuvon stated quickly to make sure that she understood why he had just sat down here. He held a hand to his chest and introduced himself afterwards: “My name is Yuvon of Silver Wolf. I hope that you’re enjoying your meal, milady. However, after you’ve eaten, may I bring up an offer for your services…?”

WC: 686

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Kaja Jelen
    Kaja Jelen

Dragon VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Haiku Contest Participant- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Kaja Jelen 16th April 2020, 8:33 am

Amalia looked up when she heard the stool in front of her scrape over the floor. A masked figure took the seat, the mask was golden or gilded and wrought in the shape of a strange beast; it almost looked organic in a way, as if it could move. His clothing was dark green and decorated with golden ornaments and what seemed to be either bone or ivory. From behind the mask came a voice.

Amalia nodded, ”I am Amalia indeed.” She took a sip from her wine as she listened to Yuvon’s introduction of himself and the talk of business. ”Why wait after dinner when we can do it over dinner? Need a drink, or food?” she straightened her pose and took a curious look at the man in front of her. Masks made her cautious, people that wear masks wish to hide something and is suspicious. But work is work, she would be more wary than usual. But perhaps the man would accept her invite for food and thus be forced to remove the golden mask. ” Where do you need my sword for? I can be ready to go as soon as I have finished dessert and changed into something more suitable for the job.” asked Amalia and then proceeded to eat finish the last of her meat. She beckoned a waitress to order dessert and a potential order for the mysterious Yuvon from Silver Wolf. ”Silver Wolf is a guild if I am not mistaken, right?” Amalia had not been that long in Fiore and wasn’t too familiar with all the guilds in the country.

268/1131 § @Yuvon § signup § job info § notes

Bianca§
    Theme:

Yuvon
    Yuvon

Player 

Character Sheet

Post by Yuvon 27th April 2020, 1:54 pm

Ok, good! It was the real Amalia, likely… no, definitely. The odds of someone trying to impersonate Amalia in this inn were there, but they were brim. Yuvon found it reasonable to assume it was her… besides, time would tell, for sure. She donned the same, maple-red hair as the flyer described, and her next words would confirm her identity more.

“Sure,” he accepted her offer as he was quite lightly hungered out right now. He could do with a pasta, beef, squid or lobster - or whatever this fine inn had in store for him. Her question was reasonable too, and he felt obliged to explain. When a waitress was beckoned to order her dessert, Yuvon beckoned the same waitress before she could step away: “And a few choux with coffee cream and hot cocoa if you may, mademoiselle.” The young waitress nodded and went towards the staff to issue the order, so Yuvon turned to face Amalia once more. “Your sword will be of great help to guard the wagon outside on its way to our guild,” he would explain to her while hearing her next question, to which he felt delight, “And yes, Silver Wolf is a mage’s guild. We deal with exploring the magic world and learning its fossil secrets. Say, you don’t sound like you’re familiar with my guild, are you?”

The waitress returned with their orders; to him, his bundle of choux with caramel and coffee cream coating them. A mug with hot cocoa was placed on the table along with his order, and the masked librarian picked up his fork, picked up a choux and did something unexpected; from under his mask, green tentacles grew forth and grabbed the choux before pulling it back under the mask and allowing him to eat it.

“My client outside is especially worried about his wagon and its contents. Food and milk for my guild, which are prime loot for marauders on the lone streets up in the mountains.”

WC: 332
    TWC: 686 + 332 = 1018

Kaja Jelen
    Kaja Jelen

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Kaja Jelen 1st July 2020, 10:27 am

Amalia raised an eyebrow; she did not expect a… mysterious figure such as Yuvon, with his intimidating mask and eerie attire to order pastry and chocolate milk. She turned her head towards the waitress. ”I would like to have the limoncello ice cream with the lemon cake”, her eyebrows formed wide arches, mirroring her lips upside down. Amalia’s favourite food was everything with lime or lemon, thoughts she didn’t like those fruits on their own. The refreshing taste of the sweet and sour flavours are mesmerising in the mouth, just thinking about the dessert made her nearly drool. Yuvon spoke again from behind his organic mask, She patted her rapier, that laid next to her on the table, ”that’s good to hear. It is at your service… at the right price.” A sly smile turned upon her face and her eyebrows jumped up and down once. ”I see, that’s a noble purpose. Indeed, I do not, I am from Minstrel as you might hear by my voice. Have not had the time to learn all the ins and outs of Fiore, guilds are not exactly what I would have thought of at first. Was mostly concerned with finding work, and alas, now we sit here.”

The waitress had brought them their food, and hot chocolate for Yuvon. Amalia was about to take a nibble from her cake when she saw what Yuvon did. Her eyebrows rose and she dropped her head slightly to the side. ”Well, that’s handy,” she said somewhat bewildered. She shook her head and placed the content of the spoon in her mouth. The taste of lemon sparkled on her taste buds, a spoon full of heaven ran through her mind.

[/b]”I see, well when I help guard that wagon; the marauders stand no chance,”[/b] she held her chin high as made the statement with a buoyant voice. ”The price for my sword is 15.000 jewels, no less but more is always appreciated.”

322/1463 § @Yuvon § signup § job info § notes

Bianca§
    Theme:

Yuvon
    Yuvon

Player 

Character Sheet

Post by Yuvon 21st August 2020, 11:46 am

Ah, quite a lemon lover, eh? She had good taste in food, he had to appreciate that. He couldn’t put his tongue exactly on why, but she would reveal later why he felt such comradeship with her despite her being a literal stranger, a random sellsword conveniently offering her services. While a tentacle crept out from under Yuvon’s mask to siphon the chocolate milk like a straw - listen, it might’ve looked creepy, but practicality over all, and he wouldn’t show his face to anyone - she revealed that she was from Minstrel. The eye sockets of his mask widened, cartoonishly, in delight.

“Vous aussi, mademoiselle?” Yuvon added with a light tone in his face, a pronunciation quite clean for a supposed Fiorian Mage, “Fiore might be foreign to you, but you’ll do just fine. It’s a very varied, multi-cultural monarchy…”

He continued sipping some chocolate milk down his throat. Mhm, the usefulness of his magic was… amazing. It wasn’t the most glamorous method, but it was a fulfilling one. Despite having creativity as his strongest attribute concerning this magic, Yuvon had quite the theme going on. Kraken mask, tentacles, it spoke for itself; he was a squid man. Squids were highly intelligent creatures, too, and also extremenly versatile in maneuvering across the ocean floors.

But enough about squids. The price was laid out; 15,000 jewels, and Amalia made it clear from the beginning that no haggling to lower prices was possible. Oh well, 15,000 was affordable by him - a high amount, but he was a trusted and experienced Silver Wolf mage with lifetimes of expertise. He knew what he could buy.

“I can afford that, trust me. Although, and bear with me, milady, you should give your word… that you won’t run away after I’ve paid,” he requested. After she gave her word - a sacred oath - Yuvon would finish his meal and rise up, offering to pay for her meal too if needed. He had to put up a good image for his guild, too; maybe it would draw her to offer them more of her swords in the near future. Anything could happen…

WC: 358
    TWC: 1018 + 358 = 1376

Kaja Jelen
    Kaja Jelen

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Kaja Jelen 8th November 2020, 11:27 am

Amalia nodded in response to her mother tongue. ”Très bien,” she said with a wide smile. ”I have noticed, Fiore seems one of the most hospitable countries towards foreign I have visited,” she said and added, ”and I have been in many places.” She finished her lemon-flavoured dessert.

”Good,” said Amalia after Yuvon agreed to her price. ”I can give you my word, but beware a word means nothing to most people in my line of work. I do my duty, protecting your wagon, and that means that I will not go after danger unless it threatens the cargo. I take half of the money, once the job is complete to your satisfaction you can give me the remaining sum,” said Amalia. ”I appreciate your offer. I am going to gather my things, get appropriately dressed for the ride, and pay the rent, after that, I am ready to go.”

Amalia went upstairs towards her room, grabbed her few belongings which, were some writing utensils, a couple of books and notebooks which were neatly stacked upon the little table. She conjured her handbag and stowed away her belongings. With a snap, her handbag vanished, and her clothing was exchanged for silver steel armour. The plate steel covered her entire body, except for her head; she could summon the sallet helmet, with it is white and blue ostrich plumes, any time she needed too. Her armour was rather sparsely decorated with few bits of azure whilst the armours of her father and brother would have been of blanked steel and decorated with gilded ornaments and motives to display their wealth and noble lineage. Amalia found it unnecessary, thoughts she did own an armour like that; actually, more than one. This plain yet elegant armour was much less auspicious. Her waist was covered in leather belts in which were strapped her rapier, her dagger and a few revolvers and other useful weapons. From her shoulders hung a silver and blue cloak. Silver, white, and azure were the colours of her house.

She trotted back downstairs and went to the counter to pay, with a part of the money Yuvon had just given her. She then turned to the mysterious man, ”I am ready.”

370/1833 § @Yuvon § signup § job info § notes

Bianca§
    Theme:

Yuvon
    Yuvon

Player 

Character Sheet

Post by Yuvon 16th December 2020, 8:40 am

Surely, the way of the mercenary was cold but to the point. Yuvon readied up half the amount of jewels that this service costed by letting them fall out of his purse into his free hand. “While they mean nothing to such people,” Yuvon commented on the importance of giving your word to others, “They seldom mean less than the world to me.” Words, man, they were often underrated… while there could always be a liar behind words spoken from their mouth, Yuvon always used peole’s words as ladders to enter their psyches… not literally, though. He wasn’t that omnipotent.

But when you heard someone talk, then you often very quickly get an idea of their whole person - unless if they were in the middle of a scene play.

He handed her the money and watched her go upstairs to get her stash, after which he quickly finished his meal and attempted to down his mug of chocolate milk - Amalia, however, came down quicker than expected… or did he drink too slowly? Nevermind.

“Then let us go,” Yuvon declared and led her out of the inn towards the main road of the harbor-like town of Cedar. A huge, wooden wagon filled with greens, livestock, wool and frozen meat was waiting for them alongside an elder farmer with a long goat beard and frowned eyebrows that looked to be like that from pure age rather than emotion.

“Ah, there you are…!” he greeted them both with a wave, “About time we head to the train station, eh? Won’t have your greens grow brown when you reach the guild hall.”

“You’re right about that, good sir,” Yuvon replied with a quick wave before taking a seat up on the caravan. He glared at Amalia for a moment as the caravan would slowly take off with the horses starting to step ahead, and while reaching a hand to her so that she could take a seat herself, he informed her: “I am mostly worried for what awaits us at the foot of Phoenix Mountains, but taking the train might deem safer than-“

“E-Excuse you-“ a small kid asked the three guardians riding the wagon from the sidewalk. The boy was no older than 13, and he was accompanied by four others who circled the wagon in deep curiosity. “Oh, hello there!”

“H-Hey… uh, wait a second-“ the kid tried to grab their attention as they were yet riding off by calling them, to which the old farmer braked. “Oh, what is it, kid? We’re busy…!”

“I-It’s just, uh… this is for an assignment where I have to interview workers. D-Do you have just 5 minutes…?” the kid gently asked while bringing out a piece of paper with questions written on the left side. “Oh, an interview?” Yuvon asked with an intrigued voice, “Uh, I can answer for that, little gentleman. My name’s Yuvon, by the way-“

The wagon slowly rode off, allowing the kid to follow them by foot while also saving time. What Yuvon hadn’t realized just yet was that the other four kids were tinkering with the underside of the wagon, making some loud, scratching voices.

“W-What was tha-“

“Oh, that’s just me,” the kid quickly answered the old farmer’s incoming question by scribbling really quickly on his paper to deafen the sound. Hopefully, nobody took a look underneath the wagon…

WC: 562
    TWC: 1938

Kaja Jelen
    Kaja Jelen

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Kaja Jelen 20th December 2020, 3:47 am

Breaking the dormancy  Templa33

Amalia Maximiliane von Niedermarck

"Then you will face a lot of disappointment," said Amalia coldly. It occurred more than once that they promised payment, but once she finished the job, her pouch was empty. Well, in some cases she had to seize it by force. It was for this reason that she takes half of the agreed sum in advance, to prevent being cheated on most of the award, but it was still a leap of faith. A gabble she took every time she took on a job.

Amalia followed the peculiar fellow outdoors. There stood a large wagon, filled to the brim with all kinds of consumables and even livestock. "Planning to campaign against Seven?" said Amalia with a grin, one of the most important things in warfare was logistics; the transport of food.  Yuvon had already taken a seat on the wagon and offered Amalia a hand to get on the moving vehicle as well. Amalia took his hand and pulled herself up and took a seat next to him. A group of kids wanted to ask Yuvon a couple of questions, an interview.

Amalia looked with suspicion at how the group split off the walk around the wagon. The clothing that the kids wore was old, dirty and with the occasional hole. Not exactly the ware that kids wear that go to school, she hoped.

There came a sound from underneath the wagon. And the kid who did the speaking tried to mask it by being louder. Amalia grinned. "Yuvon, it is a good thing that you hired me. You are being robbed, or well is an attempt," she said, followed by three kicks on the wooden boards. "You can all come back up now, don't make me get you from underneath there."

The looked at the one who, supposedly, did the interview. "I think they are hungry, and I think you have a solution for that," said Amalia, looking at the eyeslits of Yuvons mask. A few loaves of bread less, a couple of missing apples and the like would barely hurt the pantries of the guild. If they damaged the car, however, it would be more hurtful. They could try to capture them, but they were with too many and would likely know the city much better as they did. A waste of energy. They could at least keep the kids from bothering someone else, for a short while at least. Perhaps an act of kindness would warm them up to asking for food, rather than to steal it.

420/2253 § @Yuvon § job sign-up § job info § notes

Bianca§
    Theme:

Current date/time is 1st May 2024, 3:10 pm