Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

❖ A DEBT TO REPAY ❖ (ER/Intro)

Ling
    Ling

Player 
    Lineage : Eternal Warlord
    Position : None
    Guild : Guildless
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : ---
    Experience : 23,637

In Progress ❖ A DEBT TO REPAY ❖ (ER/Intro)

Post by Ling 29th September 2019, 7:31 am

THE WANDERING SORCERER

404 WORDS
    @""
    + BG MUSIC
    Fane was a foreigner hailing from callous outskirts of Pergrande, originally a wavy-haired, blue-eyed blond with now shorter locks as a result of his cutting it, with a distinct scar covering his left eye. He wore a dirty white dress shirt with a seaweed green trench coat over it. He wore black cargo pants and fur-lined boots. Together, none of it was suitable for Mt. Hakoben weather, and anyone attempting to scale it would've felt bitter an hour into the journey. Needless to say, Fane did feel bitter and felt a small pile of snow beginning to collect on his scalp from the perpetual snowfall. Regardless, the entire time he scaled Mt. Hakobe, he smiled blankly ahead.

It wasn't that difficult to get a man to scale a snowy mountain with bitter temperatures if there was something at its peak that he desired. Food, safety, security, or perhaps a beast that must be hunted. Whatever the reason, it was easy to prompt people into doing dangerous things if this were the case—even Fane, but for none of these reasons. The reason he scaled this mountain was to revisit unfinished business. To repay and unrepaid debt. After word of his former Lord's death resurfaced when he returned to Pergrande, Fane scattered to repay all of the men and women who have treated him well on his travels, saving Fiore's Jen Ford for last.

. . .

. . .

An hour. An afternoon, maybe. How much time had passed since his legs numbed frozen? It wasn't an unfamiliar feeling as he had felt similar torment when he awoke in the icy packed snow just some time ago. But his journey was coming to an end at a smaller castle rose on the horizon. Fane was beginning to lose track of how his legs and fingers felt and instead focused on his heartbeat as his gaze fixed onto the structure. Would the fair and benevolent Jen Ford be there, or would this trip up the mountain be in vain? Regardless, Fane found himself further and further from the foot of the mountain, and then to the "entrance" of the castle, although he doubted this was the only one.

Knock-knock!

The sound of knuckles banging on the doors seemed almost muffled by the icy winds of Mt. Hakobe. If someone would to peek through, they'd see the wide-eyed, blonde-haired stranger smiling from ear-to-ear, staring at the planks.
    WHATEVER AM I TO DO WITHOUT MY MASTER?

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Jester
    Jester

Alt Account- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Coming Storms- Dark Guild Ace- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- Teaming Up!- Devotee of Darkness- Achiever- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Villain- Player 
    Lineage : The Malevolent Magician
    Position : Warlord of Devastation
    Guild : Errings Rising
    Experience : 2,745,750

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

In Progress Re: ❖ A DEBT TO REPAY ❖ (ER/Intro)

Post by Jester 9th October 2019, 10:02 am

The grounds of the mountain appeared peaceful for the most part; the thick, billowing snow, the icy sting of the bitter frost, the elegant quiet of the undisturbed land. It was pleasant, some might say beautiful. Which was why it was so undeniably jarring when from the castle where the visitor was waiting for a strange sound began to echo in the air. Piercing, Loud, and strangely melodic in nature.  A curious sound, like a concoction of laughing and singing, reverberating behind this sound a growing rumbled, supporting the singing in an almost 'bass-like' manner. As the sound grew louder, in the far outskirts of the castle's grounds, a figure could emerge. Bobbing his head side to side, his flaming red hair swept up behind him. Dressed from top to bottom in a rather elaborate purple suit and black tophat. A star and love heart painted on either side of his pale cheeks, stretched across his face in a glorious grin as he sang.

"Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha ha ha! Ha ha ha!" He continued in his playful tune, moving in perfect sync with the song all the riding perched atop of his colorful unicycle. Now normally such a contraption shouldn't be able to move in the snow, but this wasn't a normal unicycle. The snow seemed to almost hover above the snow without sinking, held up by the clown's own malevolent energy and making his approach much easier than it would be under normal circumstances. And not so far behind him, more figures appeared. A large gathering, of at least ten, rather angry and particularly aggressive mages. Running after the clown with determined rage, and firing spells after him with a disappointing about of lackluster.

As the clown wheeled into the courtyard and towards the front door, where a random blonde fellow was staring in between the planks of the door. Jester stopped singing, cocking his head curiously as he spotted the fellow. Before taking a deep, breathe and shouting at the top of his lungs. "TALLY HO!" As he continued to rush towards the castle doors, if the man didn't move out of the way, the clown would likely crash straight into him.

WC: 368

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Ling
    Ling

Player 

Post by Ling 9th October 2019, 2:05 pm

THE WANDERING SORCERER

Even though no one had answered his knocking, the wide-eyed man with a smile stretching from ear to ear continued to stare at the closed door with fixed interest. He did not fidget and he seldom blinked. He felt his toes and fingertips begin to freeze and his flesh dry up underneath the snow that collected on top of it. Regardless of how you approached him, something was not right with this blonde stranger. He would not budge, not even stepping out of his first footprints. He wouldn't, until, someone approached him in the distance.

"Tally-ho!" someone shouted out to him in the near distance. When Fane turned his head to locate it, the words were attached to a goofy-looking man on a unicycle that seemed to roll across Mt. Hakobe without the struggle you would normally expect of that vehicle. He was pale-looking and dressed in a way that captivated the still-smiling Fane. The man had only said two things to him, but the eccentricity he harbored was more noticeable than the barrage of mediocre spells being flung at him from behind him at a distance. Suddenly, Fane's smile transformed into a gummy grin. The reasons behind Fane's effervescence were often arbitrary, but this time he grinned for far more understandable reasons. He had just made a decision, after all—he would befriend the goofy-looking Fiorean!

"TALLY-HO! TALLY-HO!" Fane responded gleefully, assuming that the phrase was a greeting. He shouted back at this funny-looking man but never seemed to be too interested in the scenario unfolding behind him. Instead, Fane gradually began to walk backwards in order to make just enough room for collision to be avoided. "COULD I TROUBLE YOU FOR A MOMENT?"

Jester
    Jester

Alt Account- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Coming Storms- Dark Guild Ace- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- Teaming Up!- Devotee of Darkness- Achiever- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Villain- Player 

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Jester 13th October 2019, 8:30 am

The man's response was quite pleasing to the clown, as he repeated his shout back to him twice and moved out of the way. This was good, the clown clapped his hands together loudly and one of his dolls appeared. A harlequin, the same size as a slender woman, dressed from head to in a red and navy diamond-patterned leotard. A white mask on her face without a mouth, and upside-down crescent slits for eyes, on her head she sported a hat that split into two tails, one red, the other navy, with little gold bells on either end. The Harlequin opened the door for the clown, allowing for him to cycle inside smoothly. It would have been fun to crash the door down, but his Queenie might not like it and he wanted her sweet for all their fun little games. The clown then hopped off his bike, landing delicately on the ground as it vanished into thin air.

Turning swiftly, he popped his head back around the door to look at the blonde man who had asked him a question, wearing a wide grin that matched the enthusiasm of their guest. "Trouble is always welcome! Come, come, good sir!" He remarked perkily, waggling his fingers at the man at an indication for him to step inside. He was in a rather playful mood today. In the distance, the horde of angry mages grew rowdier. "YOU CAN'T RUN FROM US YOU CRAZY CLOWN, WE'LL BURN THIS CASTLE DOWN WITH YOU IN IT!" One of them roared furiously, Jester chuckled delightedly, waving a hand lazily in their direction as he addressed the blonde man once more. "Don't mind them, they are just today's entertainment." He was curious about the newcomer, who'd obviously sought out the castle and most likely the guild that resided here. There were only two reasons one came to this castle; To either attempt at destroying ER or to Join it. Either way, the clown was eager to see which one the stranger had in mind.

Jester snapped his fingers, "Want to see them dance?" He asked excitedly, playing cards appeared around him, flying towards the group. Familiar with this attack, they immediately began jumping around to avoid the sharp edge of the steely cards. Jester could have easily ordered the cards to kill them, but making them dance to avoid them was much more fun. "Say, Good sir, do you like to play?" He would ask, his golden eyes moving to the man once more, glinting with malevolent intrigue.

WC: 424 Jester's WC: 792 Thread WC: 1480

Ling
    Ling

Player 

Post by Ling 24th October 2019, 5:50 pm

THE WANDERING SORCERER
    The pretty-faced man certainly lived up to the glee and jovialness of a clown, and his chattiness rivaled Fane's! At this rate, it was almost certain that some sort of fellowship would be forged today, if not in the future.

Fane didn't say anything, but kept redirecting his gaze from the group of outraged men in the distance to the clown and then back to the outraged men. It was quite the show, and he was glad to hear that he wasn't the only one who found it entertaining.

While their fury was tickling, when the clown offered to make them dance, Fane seemed to light up with anticipation far more intense than what the dancing men could ever induce. "I'd be charmed to see such a thing! Will they dance?" the blonde asked. They did dance afterward, and Fane was somewhat satisfied with their torment. The wide, blue eyes that never seemed to narrow stared at their scampering feet and scattering numbers with mild interest, watching them as if he were watching bugs being abused with the same coldness and quizzicalness of a child. Their dancing continued and Fane continued to watch them with the intention of watching them do this eternally. If the clown had not spoken up, it would be hard to tell when he would stop watching them or if his enthusiasm would fade.

His smiling eyes and grinning face made a sharp and abrupt twist to look at the clown, nodding. "Why yes, I love games! I love all kinds of games, good sir! I like ones with cards and the ones with risk! The ones with prizes and the ones with surprises! I find it troubling to ponder a world where games did not exist!" he rhymed unintentionally. His tones were littered with histrionics, making him sound far more poetic than he intended. His countenance was bright and gushing until suddenly, he looked stumped. "Well, I do love games! In my heart of hearts, I do! But my Lord has died an ugly and terrible death, you see! Six feet under, as you all might say. Swimming with the fishes. Poof!—and I've been renounced of my duties as a servant as a result of those, poor, tragic events. But I'm in quite the pickle, good sir!" Fane continued, "Now that Milord is dead, I contemplated what any sane fellow would've—death, of course! It's only natural as I have been released of my purpose. But it wouldn't do any good if I were to die without repaying my debts, understand? I've approached many of my recent acquaintances because of these debts, and the lovely and beautiful Jen Ford is one of them!"

Once Fane began to chatter, there seemed to be no end to it. The only way to end the perpetual conversation would to chatter more than he was, or abandon the exchange entirely. Regardless, the blonde man seemed genuinely troubled with the events he was describing, but he only ever reached his main point at the very end. "I was very well on my way to my grave until you mentioned games! Death is very much vacant of games, is it not? It has no place for fun and cards, correct? Tears and laughter? My God, it must just be a black abyss! And you see—" Fane sighed and shook his head in a way that almost seemed theatric, "—I'm left with this depression because of that truth! Fate is cruel, isn't it? Isn't it? It is!"

After the humongous tangent, Fane's disappointment abruptly vanished back into his normal optimism and unsettling happiness, and his wide, blue eyes were fixed back onto Jester's once more. "I digress, my good sir. I apologize! What is this about games? Would you like to indulge in one, perhaps? Two, maybe? Dare I say. . . three?"

Jester
    Jester

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Jester 6th November 2019, 8:26 am

Chatty fellow he was, this blond man. Jester giggled happily as together they watched the dancing folk. He would begin to clapping repetitively, creating a melodic beat as he did so that matched the dancing mages perfectly. Jester said nothing as the man spoke, just bobbed his head side to side, clapping along to the beat. He heard it all, but react, he did not. Until finally, he spoke, asking his final question, Jester giggled as a fun idea game to mind. "How fortuitous we have just the pawns for such. Three games, oh no no, how about six? He snickered, raising his finger, he would point it at the dancing men. A haggle of bodies, prancing around desperate, unable to fight, unable to flee. "Eenie... meenie..." One by one he moved his finger along, moving from person to person, "...miney... mo!" He cocked his finger, and suddenly every mage bar the one he was pointing to had their throat slits by his glass, falling to the ground in a slow slump, leaving the standing man whimpering in horror at the sight of his fallen comrades.

"Now then," He turned his hand towards the sky and snapped his fingers, in the distance one of his dolls would appear behind the sole survivor of the death dance. Placing a machete to his throat, the doll would guide the man towards the two of them. "So, initially you thought it was your fate to die, what if the only way to pay off your debt is to die. Death is the ultimate offering after all, the highest cost. Perhaps it was your purpose, to die after your Lord, or maybe you're meant for something much more... thrilling." He said with a giggle, at this point the remaining mage has reached them, shaking under the grip of the doll. "You're here because you're looking for a purpose, a purpose within Errings Rising. So, let us tempt fate, to learn your destiny..." The Harlequin doll moving away from the mage, so that it was standing between the two men. She brought her hands together, as she pulled her hands apart, following which a revolver would appear between.

"Are you familiar with this game gentlemen; six chambers, one bullet." He said with a giggle, the Harlequin doll would hand the gun to the blond man. Jester stepped over to him, walking around the men, leaning close to whisper in his ear."Fate will choose, either you will die, or survive, and become a part of Errings Rising." He purred, before circling round to the other man. "Don't worry good man, I haven't forgotten you. If fate spares you from this bullet, then you may leave here alive. If you fail to partake or attempt to run... then my doll here will butcher you anyway." He hissed the last part, before snickering delightedly. He stepped back, clapping his hands together, "So what say you boys? Shall we play!"

WC: 490 Jester's WC: 1282  Thread WC: 2610

Last edited by Jester on 29th December 2019, 11:37 am; edited 2 times in total

Ling
    Ling

Player 

Post by Ling 3rd December 2019, 5:21 pm

THE WANDERING SORCERER
    "Six, you say?!" Fane chimed, watching the strange man go from playing with the hoard of men to executing all but one. It was quite the transition, but nothing that gave Fane any unpleasant emotions. He was indifferent enough to continue to smile even after the murders, apparently. The sole survivor of the dancing approached them as the man chattered, shuddering convulsively with a complexion drained of all color. He looked as if he were approaching death itself with an expression like that! Who knew that such an expressive man was capable of such countenances? It was strangely humorous to behold. But then something interesting was proprosed.

Russian Roulette as some people coined it, but the general premise was as the jester said—six chambers and one bullet. It was a questionable game that Fane had personally never partaken in only because he never had access to a revolver before now. Needless to say, his face was mildly aquiver with pleasure. Contrarily, the sole survivor of the dancing seemed even more horrified as terror shook him tumultuously.

"Oh, yes! Play we shall!" Fane cheered, his cheeks red with excitement as he was handed the revolver. He briefly examined the firearm with great interest, never having held one before. He inspected its frame, barrel, and even its aesthetically pleasing grip. He saved its cylinder for last when he would spin it to add to the randomness of his fate. "Well this is thrilling, isn't it? Life or death? Bloody or unscathed? You really are quite pleasant, good sir!" Fane looked from the sole survivor to the jester and then back at the revolver. He spun its cylinder once, twice, and then stopped after the third for good luck. Afterward, he held it up to his right temple, smiling at no one in particular. Fane didn't hesitate in pushing the trigger. He had no final words or comments and his expression held everything but remorse or fear. Quite the opposite, moreover.

Click.

Nothing. Fane waited before releasing the trigger, the gun descending in front of him so that it was in complete view. He stared at it with sparkling eyes and a completely blushed complexion. He seemed enamored with excitement and thrill. "INCREDIBLE!" Fane shouted, looking at the jester and the ghostly man, "Wasn't that incredible?! It was, wasn't it?! Though I must say the suspense was far more immense than the execution! Good fellow, would you be willing to lend this to me after this game? I would love to—I would adore you for allowing me this so I might play at another hour! Are you capable of that kindness?" Fane blurted, almost breaking into another tangent before remembering the ghostly man who still had to play. He paused but the happiness was still very apparent on his countenance, handing the revolver to the shuddering dancer, "Oh—here you are. I don't intend to hoard it!"

Jester
    Jester

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Jester 29th December 2019, 1:03 pm

Oh it's your own grave you'll dig, boy, you're playing with
    the big boys now, playing with the big boys, now!
    Jester

The blonde fellows response did not fail to delight the clown, he giggled gleefully as he took the gun. Twirling on the spot happily, before stepping back to watch as an observer. On one side you had the curious visitor, eagerly ready to partake in the game Jester had presented to him. Whilst on the other side you had the terrified legal mage, trembling with trepidation over what was about to happen. Perhaps he didn't fancy his chances, he really should have, they were good odds. Sort of. Maybe.

"Yes, yes. This is one of my favourites, toying with death is most exquisite." He mused in response to the man's delighted words as he handled the revolver. His golden eyes followed the end of the barrel as it made it's way to the blonde's skull, it's lethal tip pressed to flesh. Jester made a small intake of breath, his lithe fingers rising before his lips, the tips pressed together in a gesture akin to a prayer. Except praying he was not, instead he waited in earnest anticipation. Excitement filing his core as he watched the game hungrily, waiting, seconds passing in a manner that seemed slower than usual, teasing him. And then it arrived, that sweet, sweet moment.

Click.

Followed by silence, blissful crushing silence. Jester would tremble in satisfaction, his eyes closing for a moment as he would relish that sweet thrills that befell him. Only popping open once more when the man began to yell in exuberant glee. Jester's mouth would widen into an unnatural smile, his response proved only more entertaining. So much so that even Jester found himself playing a favourite on the result, not to say that his death wouldn't be quite entertaining, and a quite delightful twist of fate. But this wandering stranger was proving to be quite enjoyable to watch, it seemed almost wasteful to lose him. Alas, they would simply have to see what fate had in store for them. [color=#ff0033"My my, such confidence in your winning. Of course, if the bullet should end up in our friend here, you may keep the toy that bestowed it there."[/color] He turned to the other player, eying his petrified expression, "Freedom for one, and a toy for the other, what interesting trophies."  He said with a snicker as the nervous opponent took the gun.

Jester cocked his head, watching him pitiful handle the weapon. His fear was palpable, true terror. It was such a perfect reaction to the game, an ideal opposite to the blonde's excitement. With shaky hands he would raise the gun to his own head, his composure disintegrating even further. Eyes watering, snot dripping from his nose. Perfectly pathetic. Jester watched unblinkingly, eyes wide, smile frozen place. Seconds passing by until finally.

Click.

Followed by silence once more. The man would choke with relief, near enough sobbing as he weakly handed the gun over once more.

WC: 486 Jester's WC: 1764  Thread WC: 3578

Ling
    Ling

Player 

Post by Ling 29th February 2020, 5:19 pm

THE WANDERING SORCERER
    "Marvelous!" Fane pat the spooked and petrified stranger on the back as he was handed the revolver, "Here we go! Now, I do hope things go well—"

Click!

And he died. The giddy, effervescent, enthusiastic, jolly, good-to-do, happy, bubbly man plummeted to the ground along with chunks of his cranium falling with him. His debt had not been repaid, but he went out with a boom. Finally, the end.

Jester
    Jester

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Jester 29th February 2020, 5:41 pm

Oh it's your own grave you'll dig, boy, you're playing with
    the big boys now, playing with the big boys, now!
    Jester

Jester had to admit, when he had been given the role of Ace, there had been question in his mind to the extent of which he could fulfil such a role. A doubt of whether he would be willing or able to push through such idle and uninteresting tasks. And yet here he was, with a potential new recruit, ready and able to join it's ranks. Enduring a savage yet highly effectively initiation, that was immensely effective in proving his determination and capabilities in joining the ranks of Errings Rising. This recruit, was the exact ideal of what the guild needed in it's new members, and there was no doubt in the clowns mind that when he brought this newbie to his Queenie, she would be very pleased with his methods. He was so keen to see how it progress, his golden eyes following the path of the gun as it returned from the legal mage back to the newcomer. The blonde would point the gun at himself, speaking with completes confidence as he pulled the trigger.

Only for the gun to illicit an echoing boom.

Jester blinked for a moment, as he watched the body of the once Fane Howler slump to the ground dead. Blood and brain stretched across the floors of the guild, pooling out in a chaotic mess utter gore. Jester turned to the other man, who was looking at him with a bewildered expression, "Can...Can I go?" Jester said nothing, looking down at the corpse once more. With a motion of his hand, he would shoo the victim away. Not watching as he turned on his boot and sprinted out of the guild. Jester reached up, scratching his head. He would pull off his top hat, spinning it for a moment in his hands. Paused in quiet reflection.

And then he would shrug, "Oh well!"He chirped, spinning the hat once more, following which a furless rabid mammal would leap out of it. Sprinting off in the distraction of the man as he fled if he was fast enough, the deranged rabbit wouldn't catch him. If he didn't well... that would be unfortunate indeed. He turned, skipping through the guildhall, as a servant rounded the corner. "Ah you! Yes, Go fetch our dear Oakey, tell him there is a matter in the main hall that requires his urgent attention!"  He told them, before continuing down the halls of the guild, merrily humming to himself.

END

WC: 409 Jester's WC: 2173  Thread WC: 4056

Current date/time is 26th April 2024, 7:01 pm