Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Invasion of the Four-Finger Pirates (C-Rank Job - Blanc and Leila)

Blanc
    Blanc

Player 
    Lineage : Feline Sense
    Position : None
    Guild : Guildless
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 350

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Infusion
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Invasion of the Four-Finger Pirates (C-Rank Job - Blanc and Leila) Empty Invasion of the Four-Finger Pirates (C-Rank Job - Blanc and Leila)

Post by Blanc 19th January 2019, 2:39 am

So what was someone who didn't particulary like travelling by boat - cause it was boring - doing on an island, which had required him to take a quite long and boring trip over the ocean? Well, when was the answer not money? Or atleast the prospect of it. While having travelled through a certain small town of fishers, he had learned of a small island that was under siege by a band of pirate mages. Or were they pirates that happened to be mages? What a stupid thought, but Blanc had had enouh time to think about those kinds of questions while travelling to his destination. Either way, at the prospect of getting to earn a handsome sum of cash, the white haired, young man had taken the job to get rid of those Pirates. A long, eventless travel later - which was weird since there were supposed to be pirates around these parts - he stepped foot on the target Island a little outside of town and thanked the crew who got him there for the ride. Now, getting to the Island was too easy, so it was possible that those Pirates were busy with something else, but he for safety measures decided together with the crew that got him here, that being careful was in order. Though if the pirates tried, he had been spotted some time ago already. That said, the fact that he was not surounded by enemys yet was a good sign in his book, especially since he didn't like fighting all that much. The option to sabotage those piratey mages was still there he thought and made his way over towards the town. Thinking about it, he didn't look like someone who lived on an Island in the middle of the ocean, at best he looked like an excentric, rich traveller or merchant. What was worse, was that he was a trained swordsman but didn't possess a sword right now. Talk about being ones own worst enemy. Unlike his name might suggest to someone ho wanted to make fun of him, Blanc was not stupid or 'blank' in his head, this situation was still fine. If there was an enemy he couldn't beat with magic, then a sword didn't make too much difference considering the way he liked to fight. And even then his appearence was a weapon to him itself, or maybe to be considered a tool. If he looked wealthy, use it to lure out the pirates an guide them into a trap. Those were the basics of the basic, but he couldn't not yet know ever detail about those so called 'four finger pirates' he needed to say he had a surefire way of doing this successfully. Analyzing and memorizing the surroundings, he made his way towards the first building of the island town he had so far only seen from out in the ocean.

(484 words / 1500 words)

Last edited by Blanc on 19th January 2019, 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Leila Vergious
    Leila Vergious

Eden's Rose

Eden's Rose

Developer/GFX Artist- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Rising Star- Guild Master- Zodiac Key- Legal Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Fan Art Contest Participant- Haiku Contest Participant- Lineage Making Contest Participant- Rich- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Join A Faction!- Tertiary Magic- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 1st Place Event/Contest Winner- 2nd Place Event/Contest Winner- Advertisement Achievement Badge- Hero- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Child of Eden
    Guild : Silver Wolf
    Cosmic Coins : 30
    Experience : 3,631,235

Invasion of the Four-Finger Pirates (C-Rank Job - Blanc and Leila) Empty Re: Invasion of the Four-Finger Pirates (C-Rank Job - Blanc and Leila)

Post by Leila Vergious 19th January 2019, 9:13 am

Leila Vergious

Pirates. They appeared to be making their move again, or so Leila thought when she first saw the request that has been sent to her guild. With a loud sigh, she recalled the tiny plundering men she had encountered oh so long ago now. Come to think of it, that was also the first time she had truly work with other mages on the same task. In a way, those were very lovely and nostalgic times. Not that something like that would be an appropriate excuse for Leila to stay out of this one. No, she wanted to get involved and show those pirates once again that what they were doing was not okay.

Considering that she was currently in the lobby of her guild hall, the best way to reach the island which requested her assistance was probably to open up another warp gate. To be perfectly honest with herself, the girl missed good old-fashioned travel. Be it on an airship, boat, or just horseback. The powers she obtained overtime were far too convenient! Though at a time like this, they were also pretty good at saving lives. No need to wait several days or weeks for Leila to arrive when she could just warp herself anywhere in an instant.

And so she did. In one of the alleyways of the village, a blue and black gate to seemingly the oblivion opened up and from it, the silver-haired maiden jumped out. Letting the gate close back up behind her, she swiftly moved into the more populated streets to orientate herself. While a traveler herself, she had never been to this specific island, or at least she didn’t recall ever visiting it. Which made this all the more valuable experience. Thankfully, it didn’t take her long to find the man who had sent the letter in.

Probably a local trader, a man wearing very light clothing with plenty of golden accessories to lure others to his shop at the very edge of the village. Leila herself was wearing pretty unusual clothes for this part of Fiore, her usual purple shirt and skirt. And so seemed to be another man wandering about nearby, who was perhaps the trader’s apprentice or something. Of course, Leila had no idea this was another mage with the name Blanc just yet. “Ah, you have made it! Wonderful. The pirates said they would attack around today if we didn’t pay them, I was starting to get sweaty that you wouldn’t make it…

Apologies, sir. The letter was delayed for some reason, but our magic allowed me to get here quickly. Now that I’m here, I will ensure your safety. But I ask that you go around and tell everyone to lock themselves in their homes for tonight. The confrontation with pirates could get… a bit messy.” Of course, Leila wanted to capture them alive. But one never knew what could happen. She now also eyed up Blanc, as he didn’t seem to be actually what she thought him to be. Though, of course, she also didn’t want to be rude by staring at him like that.

Word Count: 520 / 1,500

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Blanc
    Blanc

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Invasion of the Four-Finger Pirates (C-Rank Job - Blanc and Leila) Empty Re: Invasion of the Four-Finger Pirates (C-Rank Job - Blanc and Leila)

Post by Blanc 19th January 2019, 11:44 am

Blanc might or might not have spend a minute or three to take in his surroundings and peek into one or the other window to try an make sure he wasn't about to be ambushed the next moment. Blanc himself didn't let himself get distracted or put uneasy by the almost empty town or the eerie feeling that hung over the down, like something was about to happen. He kind of knew he was fine with just walking the streets, as he could not feel any magical power in te nearby surroundings that was of any interest. That was until he could feel a new and completely unknown entity pickd up by his 'Magical Attunement', his detection sense for magical energy. A small shiver ran down his spine as he could feel the overwheming difference between that source and himself. This had to come from one of the pirates, right? If the Townsfolk had someone so strong amongst them, they wouldn't have to put up a request for help. The posibility that someone had already come and done the job was unlikely, the town seemed to scared for that, so what was it that had appeared out of nowhere and got even him to feel a little uneasy? Well, he felt as if his own magic was playing tricks on him. A girl, no, maybe a woman stepped out from behind one of the houses and approached a man that looked like a merchant of the town. Out of reflex, Blanc's pupils took on an elongated shape like the eyes of a cat and he watched them while approaching slowly enough to not look suspicious doing so. Why was he acting like this? Well the enormous magical energy he could feel came from the woman, but who was she? She didn't look like a pirate, nor did she look like she was from around here. A happy smile formed on the swordless-swordsman's face, that he got to find such a great thing right here was a surprise to be sure, but a welcome one. As he was close enough to pick some of their words up, he figured they were taking about the pirates and that the woman was a competitor to him - or something like that. Still with a smile on his but with a little bit of defeat in his voice, he approached them, "Oh, man and here I travelled all across the ocean to be beaten by a beautiful young lady. My apologies for interrupting but I heard your conversation about the pirates and as I myself am here to try stopping them, I would like to offer my help. Though I believe I am not quite as strong as my lady here." It wasn't that he tried to be overly nice, he appeared to be well mannered, not flirty, though he most of the time only pretended to be this nice to get along with everyone. He was a manipulator afterall. Right now though, he had no bad intentions or weird ideas, after his travel he just didn't wanna go home back handed.

Words: 518
    Total: 1002/1500

Leila Vergious
    Leila Vergious

Eden's Rose

Eden's Rose

Developer/GFX Artist- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Rising Star- Guild Master- Zodiac Key- Legal Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Fan Art Contest Participant- Haiku Contest Participant- Lineage Making Contest Participant- Rich- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Join A Faction!- Tertiary Magic- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 1st Place Event/Contest Winner- 2nd Place Event/Contest Winner- Advertisement Achievement Badge- Hero- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 

Post by Leila Vergious 27th January 2019, 4:23 pm

Leila Vergious

It didn’t take long at all before the boy had actually approached Leila by himself. Perhaps he caught her eyeing him a bit? Ah, that would be quite awkward.  Thankfully the girl had a good enough reason to quickly send him on his way if that was indeed the case. After all, a group of pirates was about to arrive. As such, all civilians were to be hidden away in the safest place they could possibly find. If not to avoid getting caught in the fight to have a better chance of getting away if she was to fail somehow.

But thankfully, that situation did not have to transpire. As the boy had introduced himself as someone who was here to repel the incoming invasion much like Leila. This made her sigh out in relief as she now had the opportunity to look him over from much closer up and without it seeming weird. And although she could not sense that much magical power from him, he clearly must have had promise in his abilities if he was here to fight the pirates. And what better way to grow than by having a wonderful trial by fire!

I see, it is my pleasure then, good sir. My name is Leila Vergious and I’m a mage from Silver Wolf. I am capable of using warp magic across very large distances, so don’t feel bad, please. Your help is very welcome. It might sound a bit cliché, but one person cannot do everything.” And indeed, while the girl might have wielded a lot of magical power, she definitely appreciated the assistance. She even quite liked working with new aspiring mages, as she adored showing them a few neat tricks and then sending them off on their own adventures.

But alas, there would probably not be much time for that here. As was clear, this situation was not exactly going to be simple, as a strange mist seemed to suddenly hit the harbor and spill into the town. Quickly becoming much more alert, Leila turned her gaze toward the sea in front of them. Just as she suspected, it appeared that there was at least one ship approaching from the distance. “Sorry, I didn’t catch your name… anyway, we should try to engage them as soon as they are in range. Preferably before they even get on the shore.

Naturally, Leila was confident enough to fight them on their own ground. Something that would normally not be very wise. But in this case, it would be a bit different. “If we can get on their ship before it gets into the harbor, we will have a much better chance at protecting everyone. They also won’t expect a direct attack like that, it will throw them into chaos and give us a good chance and dealing with them. I can get toss you on board with my magic if you’re okay with such a plan.” She winked at the boy and then started sprinting toward the edge of the town where concrete met water and waited.

Word Count: 1,032 / 1,500

Blanc
    Blanc

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Blanc 29th January 2019, 1:15 pm

He kept a light smile as he listened to her selfintroduction. Leila it was, Leila from Silver Wolf. She seemed like quite the charming young lady, a beauty for sure, but that wasn't what picked the travellers attention. His mind went to the mention of her magical powers almost as instantaneosly as she was claiming her magic could do. Teleportation as a concept seemed pretty unfair, although he couldn't quite say how fast she could teleport, or how much energy it costed. And although he was a mage himself, he couldn't really tell what sorts of powe the stronger mages in this world had. The strongest mage hed had known was his father and once own family is never the same threat level as a total stranger. Even ith a lt of stuff going around in his head, he didn't hesitate to answer her words. I agree, teamwork can only help us reach our goals faster, miss Vergious. I'l be in your care, haha!" Why he always decided to mimik the cheerful guy, he didn't know, having to pretend being an upbeat guy was tiresome an yet it was the facade he could keep best. His usual persona of a brooding, calm guy usually gave the wrong impression, that although he wasn't a saint, sometimes made others fee uncomfortable around him - he was to calculating. When he was attempting to introduce himself though, he was interrupted and didn't get to bring out a word before little Leila was already all but gone. Slower then the girl did, he joined her at the harbor's edge and casually explained, "I'm Blanc, by the way. Let's keep it short and say I am a traveller." He turned towards the ship and tilted his head a little. "You wanna toss me? I'm sure you mean teleportation or warping as you called it? If it si fine with you, I'll take the first step then. And while I was prepared to fight them alone, I hope you won't abandon me miss." He winked and laughed a little as he looked down at the smaller woman. "I am ready when you are, miss." He finished confidently and readied himself. In moments like this, he ished he had a sword with him though...

Words: 1339/1500

Leila Vergious
    Leila Vergious

Eden's Rose

Eden's Rose

Post by Leila Vergious 2nd February 2019, 4:01 pm

Leila Vergious

The pirate ship in the distance started growing bigger and bigger as it slowly approached, evidently carried toward the harbor by a magical current. So these guys truly were a step above the average pirate one would have the pleasure of meeting on the wild seas. Not that it really mattered, they would have to beat them all regardless. It didn’t even take too long for them to be entering Leila’s effective range. A moment when she turned to face Blang again with a mischevious smile plastered across her face.

Pleasure to meet you, traveler Blanc. But no, I did mean tossing you, quite literally. The best kind of distraction!” Just as Leila said those words, the stone flooring beneath the boy would buckle and break apart, something quickly jotting out. It was a sturdy root that started acting like a spring, its sudden appearance beneath Blanc shooting him into the sky in a trajectory where he would fly directly at the pirate ship. This was actually one of the girl’s favorite moves, though she rarely did this to an ally rather than herself. Still, it clearly worked.

All eyes on the pirate ship stared at the flying man in disbelief, which allowed Leila herself to actually use the aforementioned teleportation and get on the deck pretty much undetected, slipping behind the backs of all the mages. One quick glance showed a rather troubling sight. Most of the pirates were mages as well. And a lot of them were prepared with fire magic, seemingly ordered to chuck the fireballs at the town if they were to not get their payment. Something like that, they could not allow. With a smirk present, one of Leila’s hands quickly transformed into a vine-like form.

Using this new appendage as a whip of sorts, she got the upper hand in the fight presumably just as Blanc were to land on the deck himself. Her vine arm slammed into one of the fire mages and sent him flying into the rest before transforming back into its ordinary form. “Attack from the front while I slow them down from behind, Blanc!” It was a perfect opportunity for a pincer attack. And to make the number of pirates present not that much of a deal, the girl had started casting a spell. One that made beautiful white flowers bloom all over the ship’s deck.

But while it might have appeared completely harmless at first sight, those flowers actually started sapping away the magical power of all the pirates, as well as more than halving their movement speed. Something that should give just about anyone a good fighting chance, so she was looking forward to seeing how her new partner was about to handle it all. Though, of course, she was also prepared to charge in with more offensive spells if she noticed that the boy was getting into trouble with the enemies. After all, it seemed that at least a handful of them was quite strong. One of them who was dressed much fancier even appeared to be the leader.

Combining the forces of two different mages made a quick work of them, however. Especially considering that despite their looks, they were all far below Leila's own level of power. She made sure that Blanc would remain safe during the whole ordeal as she also dealt with the more powerful ones. And her final strike which grew roots from her hand tore the entire ship apart, letting it slowly sink into the shallower water of the dock. Something that was a horrible threat to the city, yet so easily dispatched by the duo of mages... these things were often quite surprising for the girl. Regardless of that, they managed to protect all the citizens and deserved their reward in the full.

Word Count: 1,666 / 1,500

Due to player inactivity, I'll be finishing the job by group WC of 3,005 / 3,000

Current date/time is 9th May 2024, 1:50 am