Age: 22 years old
Birthday: December 10th
Sexuality: Is not sure yet and has never really thought about it much.
Special Characteristics: Small scars all over her back from various tortures inflicted on her by her mother as punishment for failures real or perceived. She keeps them covered at all times.
Personality: As the daughter of a noble banking family that was exterminated four years ago, Diana sees the world in terms of business. People want services. Other people provide services. The world revolves around business in one way or another. The service she provides happens to be that of a freelance mage who is not afraid to get her hands dirty if she has to.
Her banking family used Diana's magic talent to deal with debtors, fellow nobles, and others who threatened the family business. Eventually another noble got tired of the Winchesters' dark activities and poisoned their wine at a Winchester family banquet which Diana missed because she was busy on a contract. Rather than seek revenge, Diana simply went freelance because what happened to her family was just business and as a freelance mage, she could go into business for herself and keep all the Jewels she earned. Freed from working for her family, Diana now plies her trade in pursuit of Jewels. Whether it is hunting serial killers, supernatural threats, or animals, Diana will pursue it and eliminate it because that is what she does.
After rare moments of introspection triggered by eating cake at a birthday party and sort of making friends with a young woman in Capital Crocus, Diana has altered her personal philosophy a bit in an effort to distance herself from her past as an assassin for her parents. When she has to work in the shadows, she now tries to kill only people who truly deserve it (ex. crime lords, slavers, etc.).
Diana likes the finer things in life. Having been born and raised in the high society of Bellum, she likes good food, good music, and the occasional visit to fancy restaurants and clubs. Diana never drinks on the job and seldom drinks at all because "in vino veritas" cuts both ways and one indiscreet utterance can bring the wrong sort of attention to her doorstep.
Outside of work Diana wears a carefully crafted mask of civility and manners. She is best described as polite but distant. She never really gets attached to anyone because she has lived and worked alone for years, so forming meaningful connections is difficult for her. The number of people she really trusts can be counted on one hand.
When on the job Diana is calm and patient. She is strictly business; she adheres to the instructions on the job notice and will stick with a job until it is completed. While such an approach is not very flashy, it pays the bills and assures clients that when they hire Diana she will get the job done.
Diana does not care for leadership because too many people to manage makes for too many things that can go wrong. She does best when she works alone because her work is all she has to worry about. She was also never trained to be a leader, only a follower. In the rare times she is a leader, she tends to take a hands-off approach to leadership and let those she leads use their talents as they see fit, particularly if they have expertise in a field that she does not.
Diana is a good follower because she was never trained to be a leader. She realizes that she is best employed as a weapon and holds no grudge against the leader. Such an arrangement is strictly business, after all.
After meeting a few people she has helped over the months while masquerading as a Guildless mage, Diana has started to question her life choices and finds her adherence to a stoic personality at all times starting to waver. Wearing a mask for nearly two decades has started to wear on Diana and it has become harder and harder to maintain. She has become tired of living a double life and wants to live a normal life.
The news of her sister Lucia's resurrection has spurred Diana to gradually distance herself from the shadows and to start learning to live in the light. She is uncertain as to what a life in the light is like, but she is willing to give it a try. There has to be more to life than just survival and profit.
- Jewels: She likes Jewels because Jewels represent power and success. Jewels can also buy a lot of things to make life easier and more comfortable...
- Good Food: Even though she will eat almost anything, Diana likes good food. Filet mignon and Kobe beef are particular favorites.
- Anonymity: Diana does her best to avoid the spotlight. She likes to be just another face in the crowd.
- Bellum- Bellum is Diana's birthplace and the source of so many unpleasant memories. Unless she absolutely has to go there Diana stays far away from that country.
- The Spotlight- Diana hates to be the center of attention and likes to avoid the spotlight whenever possible.
- Her Past- Diana intensely dislikes who she used to be and wants to distance herself from that as much as possible.
- Jewels: When Diana completes a job, she expects appropriate recompense for her work. Her expertise does not come cheap. Jewels are a symbol of success to her.
- Redemption: Diana wants to find a way to distance herself from her contract killer past. Now she wants to save lives instead of take them, but if she has to kill one person to save another, she will do so. Just because she is looking for redemption does not mean she has become a pacifist.
- Business: Diana sees her line of work as strictly business. She performs a service and she gets compensation for said service. She does not waste time trying to attach deeper meanings to it.
- Dogs: More than once during early contracts, she was chased by guard dogs. She has been wary of canines ever since.
- The Number 13: Her family numbered 13 people and the family was wiped out on the 13th. That number makes Diana uneasy.
- Poison: Her family was done in by poisoned wine. Diana is wary of poison as a result.
Height: 5' 6"
Weight: 120 lbs.
Hair: Blonde and extends to her waist
Skin Tone: Light
- Diana Winchester:
Tattoo: Purple and on the left bicep.
Last edited by Diana Winchester on 17th June 2021, 8:00 am; edited 6 times in total