Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

I've been drinking, I've been drinking [Aven]

Aven Alveron
    Aven Alveron

1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Dark Matter Ascendant
    Position : None
    Guild : Fairy Tail
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 1,644,378

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Circle Magic.
    Second Skill: Dark Matter Transcendency.
    Third Skill: Dark Matter Ascendancy.

I've been drinking, I've been drinking [Aven] - Page 2 Empty Re: I've been drinking, I've been drinking [Aven]

Post by Aven Alveron 28th September 2018, 10:51 pm

Aven was much the same, dazed and confused at the drama unfolding around him. Not only did Aviel seem to know the Valkyrie extremely well, they were on hugging terms? What was that about a wife? Everything was passing directly over his head, an experience he wasn't used to, and not one he particularly enjoyed. When Nessa turned to him for confirmation, he gave her an honest shrug. He'd even less idea about what was happening than her, so any possible answers wouldn't be coming from him. In fact, even the scenery was a step above his class, and that was a terribly difficult feat, considering: thrones for chairs, a castle in the clouds, food fit for the gods, he was out of his league for the first time in his life.

It was actually a bit refreshing.

Aviel's six wings brought him effortlessly into the air, settling him into Hakon's throne. He rested his arms on the sides, as he sat with regal posture, his aura mixing in with the various combating magical energies around the room. "Cold as ever, Ellamora. I thought that was Arcturus' modus operandi?" Tension would do them no good in such a meeting, his resounding laughter echoing through the halls as a smile spread across his face once again. "I jest, of course. I assume you all know why I'm here, since a majority of you miss Hakon just as sorely as I. Still, my times not been wasted these past years, and at last, I've tracked Castor's signature though the planes." His eyes swept the room for reactions. It was quite the announcement he was making, tacked with the proposal of a monumental undertaking. If they were to have any hope of freeing Hakon from Castor's grasp, a dimensional rift to Castor's realm would need to be opened and maintained throughout the entire battle, while simultaneously warding him away from the freedom such a portal would offer him. It was a gambit unlike any they could imagine, and with the stakes as high as they were, the question was on the table: "Are you in?"

_____________________________________________________________________________________

I've been drinking, I've been drinking [Aven] - Page 2 Aven_Sig
    Nessa Cordelia Lux
    Nessa Cordelia Lux

Starlight Maiden

Starlight Maiden

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Main Account- God VIP Status- Dragon VIP Status- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Rising Star- Custom Slayer- Neutral Guild Ace- Z-Rank- Y-Rank- X-Rank- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- EXP Grinder- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Teaming Up!- Limited Edition- Hired Help- Idolize- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Over Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Obligatory Beach Episode- Shipped- Sticking Around- Dank Memer- Fan Artist- Taskmaster- Halloween gfx'ers- Halloween Social- Halloween job event participant - Haiku Contest Participant- Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Supreme Grand Master [5000]- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 1st Place Event/Contest Winner- 2nd Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Summer Special Donor- Summer Special Participant- Have Seijin On Your Friends List- Have Onida On Your Friend's List- Have an Admin as a friend!- Have aeluri On Your Friend's List- Best GFX Artist Award- Player 
    Lineage : Vassal of the Cosmos
    Cosmic Coins : 145
    Experience : 26,209

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Starlight Maiden
    Second Skill: Valkyrie Summoner
    Third Skill: Moon Goddess Slayer

I've been drinking, I've been drinking [Aven] - Page 2 Empty Re: I've been drinking, I've been drinking [Aven]

Post by Nessa Cordelia Lux 29th September 2018, 4:19 am

I've been drinking, I've been drinking [Aven] - Page 2 Nes25I've been drinking, I've been drinking [Aven] - Page 2 Nes25I've been drinking, I've been drinking [Aven] - Page 2 Nes25

Nessa's eyes trailed over to the jug of spiced rum sat in the middle of the table. She wasn't really sure where she fit into the conversation, and nothing really seemed to be getting explained. So she stood briefly, leaning over she reached for it. Pouring a glass for both herself and Aven, they may as well enjoy what Valhalla had to offer while they were here. She took a sip, it was sweet and warm. Much nicer than any spiced rum she had drank before. But that wasn't really a surprise, all the food and drink was more flavoursome in Valhalla. She sat back in her seat, listening to the conversation going on around her.

The girls listened to his words, the room had fallen quiet, consistent of only Aviel's voice. Ellamora leaned forward, resting her elbows on the table, she intertwined her fingers. Balancing her chin on her hands as she looked ahead with a light frown as though contemplating her options. Tiphanae looked at her to see if she would say anything before decided to speak up herself, directly her words towards Nessa and Aven, "Castor is the monster that defiled our sister with his evil magic. He is the reason she is missing at present." She explained to them, Nessa nodded. Aviel's question hung in the air, everyone all looked at Ellamora to see her response. As their leader, it was her call after all. The Starlight Valkyrie remained quiet for a moment, slowly she freed her hands from one another. She waved her palm, causing two orbs to appear. Nessa recognised them, it was very similar to a spell of her own. No doubt Ellamora would be giving them an order. Moments later the orbs floated away, disappearing through the walls of the hall.

Following this Ellamora turned her gaze to Aviel, "We have been tracking Hakon ourselves, from the moment she vanished. She is not as she was Aviel, Tiphanae managed to engage with her... and nearly died. Had it not been for Nessa Lux here she very well could have," She said, Tiphanae glanced at Nessa and shot her a warm smile one which Nessa recipricated, "You have to understand my predicament however, we want nothing more than the return of our fallen sister and yet I cannot afford to lose another Valkyrie to the likes of him. Doing so runs the risk of angering our lord, and that is something neither you nor I want to bare witness to." Elgorea wiggled in her chair uncomfortably,

"But wouldn't father understand if we-"

She began, however was quickly cut off by Ellamora, her voice rang through the room loudly in a sharp abrupt tone, Nessa winced a little at it's harshness. "We are not in the position to bring a god into these affairs, if he presumes Hakon is beyond saving he will snuff out her existence entirely. It took me a great deal of convincing to stop him from doing so when she first went missing, in his eyes Hakon's fall was a great sign of weakness. Should she return, she will have to face his punishment," She sighed deeply closing her eyes for a moment, she spoke again, this time a little calmer and softer in tone. "But at the very least, he will let her live."

"I understand your concern Ellamora but... so far tracking Hakon has done us little good. When I faced her, she simply would not hear my reason. I feel like facing Castor may be our only means of freeing her mind." Tiphanae said glancing at Aviel for confirmation.

I've been drinking, I've been drinking [Aven] - Page 2 Nes37I've been drinking, I've been drinking [Aven] - Page 2 Nes37I've been drinking, I've been drinking [Aven] - Page 2 Nes37

_____________________________________________________________________________________

I've been drinking, I've been drinking [Aven] - Page 2 60582_s

Aven Alveron
    Aven Alveron

Character Sheet

Post by Aven Alveron 29th September 2018, 9:43 am

A sudden rush of magical pressure filled the room, as Aviel's gentle aura contorted, and a powerful rage pulsated from his body. The shift caused Aven's attention to focus from his stupor for a moment, his eyes drawn to the Seraphim: his golden eyes had grown darker, and the light that normally exuded from the angel had become tendrils of darkness. A small hint of fear rose, unbidden, to the pit of Aven's stomach, though in his mind, he was assuring himself that Aviel wouldn't hurt him or Nessa.

The anger intensified, despite Aviel's internal attempts to quell it. It was his dual nature rising again, the darkness bubbling to the surface. His garments shifted from white to black, and he slammed his fist onto the table in front of him. All that talk about the Gods, and their pitiless agendas... this was exactly why Aviel had tried to dissuade Hakon from joining Odin's Valkyrie. His darkened eyes shot to Ellamora, boring into her. "You think I don't know that? Of course, she isn't how she was before, did you think you were dealing with a simple Wizard? Castor is on the apex of becoming a God, and Odin can't be bothered even to send Valkyrie on account of some misbegotten pride?" Aviel stood, his fury boiling over the edge. "Don't misconstrue this, Valhalla has two choices in this matter: it can either stand and fight to free your Sister in arms, and have the privilege of welcoming her back into it's ranks, or stand idle, and allow a new God of the Void to be born, forcing me to rescue my wife alone. This fabled third option, of eliminating Hakon, is not only ludicrous, but dangerous to your health," Shadows roiled behind Aviel, seemingly taking form before receding, as he glared at the table, making himself understood, "Because to get to Hakon, you'll have to get through me."

To the room's relief, Tiphanae chimed in, and Aviel nodded, deeming to augment her point. "Castor's power lies in the control of other beings, and a siphoning of their power. Now that he's collected seven different Immortal class beings, he can begin the process of ascension. If he succeeds, not only will he be unbound from his dimension prison, he'll be free to assault the power structures of this world, not the least of which Valhalla. Like it or not, this is Odin's problem either way, regardless of his pride." Aviel's attention shifted to Nessa and Aven. "What's more, such an event would wreak havoc on the mortal realm, devastation beyond belief. If Castor's power is allowed to reach the level of a God, even the mortal's most powerful wizards could be subjected to his will with the smallest of his efforts, put under the same mindless control as Hakon."

Nessa Cordelia Lux
    Nessa Cordelia Lux

Starlight Maiden

Starlight Maiden

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Main Account- God VIP Status- Dragon VIP Status- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Rising Star- Custom Slayer- Neutral Guild Ace- Z-Rank- Y-Rank- X-Rank- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- EXP Grinder- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Teaming Up!- Limited Edition- Hired Help- Idolize- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Over Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Obligatory Beach Episode- Shipped- Sticking Around- Dank Memer- Fan Artist- Taskmaster- Halloween gfx'ers- Halloween Social- Halloween job event participant - Haiku Contest Participant- Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Supreme Grand Master [5000]- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 1st Place Event/Contest Winner- 2nd Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Summer Special Donor- Summer Special Participant- Have Seijin On Your Friends List- Have Onida On Your Friend's List- Have an Admin as a friend!- Have aeluri On Your Friend's List- Best GFX Artist Award- Player 

Character Sheet

Post by Nessa Cordelia Lux 30th September 2018, 2:55 am

I've been drinking, I've been drinking [Aven] - Page 2 Nes37I've been drinking, I've been drinking [Aven] - Page 2 Nes37I've been drinking, I've been drinking [Aven] - Page 2 Nes37

Aviel's words seemed to absorb the room as he lost his temper, and began his tirade. The more Ellamora listened, the more her anger seemed to grow, even Scythen wasn't smirking anymore. As Aviel stood there in his threatening stance looming with magical energy, Ellamora stood slowly. As she did so her eyes glowed white and her body radiated her own magical light. Her face contorted into an vicious snarl and her fists clenched tightly.The table began to shake and Nessa felt herself hit with an palpable wave of magical energy and with it Ellamora's fury. So much so that her own eyes began to glow in reaction and the symbol on the back of her neck lit up, burning with intensity.  She felt the magic flow into her like a wave of nausea, she had experienced this before on a job but never to this magnitude. Her body began to tremble, her fingers shaking as she reaching for the burning mark on her neck. A large crack ran through the table, spreading across it's length causing Elgorea to flinch. During her moment of rage Ellamora's eyes fell to Nessa, then in a flash her light faded, the shaking ceased. Nessa's body fell lax as the magic left her, her eyes and neck returning to normal, she looked on in a dazed confusion.

Ellamora sat down slowly, taking a breath, "This is proving to be a great disappointment Aviel, after we suffer your abandonment for so long. You use our human companion to sneak in here, I'm sure without actually asking the permission of herself or your own companion, Aven Alveron. Then within moments of being here you insult our god, threaten our Valkyries and show us all an astonishment amount of disrespect in the form of an ultimatum. You are out of line Aviel, were you not my sister's husband I would show you no leniency. However, I will say this, if you do not mind your manners from here on out, I will have no choice by to banish you from Valhalla. You will become an enemy to all of us and should you refuse to leave. I will call on The Valkyries Wrath, and Hakon will no longer have a husband to return to. You're actions, although fuelled by love for my sister have been immensely selfish. You sit there and talk as if you are the only one in the room that loves Hakon, we all ache for her. I would tear my own heart out if it would return her to us. A cruel disappointment indeed."

As Nessa watched the dispute unfold, she couldn't help but grow saddened by the event. Here she had thought bringing Aven would be fun, and exciting. Yet, it caused such anger and sadness so quickly, She looked down at her hands, "Maybe we shouldn't have come..." She said quietly, unable to hide the melancholy in her voice. Upon hearing this Tiphanae slammed her hand down hard on the table. "Enough is enough, Nessa Lux came here in order to enjoy our company and introduce her dear friend to us. Throwing threats back and forth based on foolish disagreements is frankly childish and beneath us. Aviel, I support your cause and believe your plan to go after Castor instead would be the most proactive move. I am willing to further this discussion, but I cannot allow you to insult our god so ruthlessly. You are doing nothing but angering my sisters and making the humans uncomfortable. " She turned to Ellamora, "And Ella, you know the link you share with Nessa Lux, the exposure of that amount of magic in such a close proximity to her caused her undoubtedly great discomfort. Please conduct yourself with a little more self control, I understand Aviel's visit is emotional for us, but please sister. We have searched so long for him ad he is finally with us again, this is not a time to fill with anger and rage but with rejoice and celebration."

Tiphanae's words seemed to calm Ellamora, the Starlight Valkyries gazed softened as she looked to the humans. "My apologies to you both, Nessa Lux your presence here is always a treat for us, despite my behaviour I am glad you came tonight. As for you Aven Alveron, I hope you do not feel unwelcome, we truly have been looking forward to meeting you." She said in a kinder gentler tone. She then looked at Aviel, "I know this is difficult for you Aviel, and I see that you want nothing more than to free our beloved Hakon. However I believe you have thoroughly misunderstood me, and therefore I will address the choices you presented. Firstly, I did not say that I would kill Hakon, in fact if you listened you would know that I pleaded for her life, even offered mine in exchange for hers to be spared. Odin is more than capable of killing Hakon should he attempt to, even with your protection, you are strong Aviel, but not so much that you can withstand the might of a god on your own. Not that this matters anyway because it's not going to happen, but I wish for you to understand."

"You see Odin would not just kill Hakon out of 'misgotten pride' as you say, there are a multitude of reasons, not only is she now a threat to the mortals, but also to Valhalla itself. She knows many of our secrets, and should she see fit, bring a great chaos to Valhalla. Fortunately, she has not saw fit to do so, either that or Castor has been unable to access that part of her mind as of yet. Furthermore, his consideration of killing his daughter is not an act of ruthless pride, but of mercy. To become the mindless toy of such an evil creature, to be so filled with hate that you would harm those you once held dear, potentially even kill them. It is a pitiful existence, quite frankly, I would rather die then endure it myself. But, it was I that convinced Odin to spare her, and despite your assumption. The choice of sending Valkyrie after Castor does not lie with Odin, but with myself. You see upon negotiation on the matter, he agreed to leave the matter in my hands entirely. He is simply respecting the wish of his eldest, so if you must blame anyone. You can blame me. "
    She admitted this before addressing the next issue at hand.

"As for the other options, there is not a plane in the existence of all life where a Valkyrie would choose to abandon her sister. However I cannot just rush in my Valkyries blindly and risk their minds without seeking means to prevent it. We must act with caution and take preventative measures first. If there was somehow a way to cease any further mind control from happening, then that would change the matter entirely." Ellamora looked away, falling quiet, she seemed appeared to be contemplating once more. Tiphanae who was listening quietly, looked over at Nessa, her eyes falling on the mark on the back of the girls neck peeking out from under her hair. The Wind Valkyrie's eyes widened and she gasped, looking back at Ellamora suddenly, "The link! Nessa Lux, Her link, surely we could use that!" She said excitedly, Ellamora looked up at her, as realisation dawned, her face split into a magnificent smile. "Of course! We may be in luck after all Aviel," She said dropping her gaze to Nessa. "It would mean amending our contract and handing over more power to yourself, but in doing so, we may be able to protect our minds from Castor's control."

I've been drinking, I've been drinking [Aven] - Page 2 Nes44I've been drinking, I've been drinking [Aven] - Page 2 Nes44I've been drinking, I've been drinking [Aven] - Page 2 Nes44

Aven Alveron
    Aven Alveron

Character Sheet

Post by Aven Alveron 1st October 2018, 10:58 am

Aviel's aura faded, and his visage returned to it's normal golden hue. A deep breath in, and out, before he could attempt to calmly assess the situation. The Valkyrie were proud warriors, to a fault sometimes, and Hakon was no exception. He'd crossed a boundary that shouldn't have been crossed by bringing Odin into the matter, that much was clear, even beforehand; he deserved every biting word from Ellamora he recieved, and thus, he kept his mouth shut. His brow narrowed, but not in anger this time, but with a tinge of shame. Not only did her words strike deep, they touched on the very essence of Aviel's discomfort and desperation: even should Hakon be rescued, her pride would dictate that she lay herself upon her own blade in reparation for her betrayal, even under the control of Castor. She'd been burdened by the stigma of her Honor before, several times, in fact, attempting the same maneuver, only to have Aviel steal it away for the sake of love. He sometimes wondered if that was merely a selfish form of love, if he were actually robbing her of vindication of some sort, of peace of mind. These insecurities weighed on Aviel, so heavily that he sat down once more, sinking further into the throne than before, his posture a mess.

There was nothing much left to say, besides the obvious. "I know full well the weight of the burden Hakon's mind will carry, there's no need for enlightenment on that topic. My words reflected a side of myself that should not have been represented here, in this discourse, and for that, you have my sincerest apology." His fingers laced, and he rested his head forward onto them, the halo above him almost seeming to sag. "As far as any mortals go, Castor's corrupting power will not be effective, under the rules of the dimension Castor was sealed in. If the rest of you can gain that shelter under your Link to Nessa Cordelia Lux, it would prove invaluable, though I hope it's clear that she would need to be present under such conditions." Aviel's eyes were somber now, and they shifted to Nessa. "This venture needs much preparation, and will not be occurring for some time, but I feel it only fair to warn you just how unbelievably dangerous the fight will be. The very fate of your world would hang in the balance-"

Now, Aven had been listening to the conversation silently up to this point, partially absorbing information, partially chugging the delicious Spiced Rum he'd been poured. The matter at hand concerned him, if not for the sole reason that Castor had pissed in his cheerios with that bastard demon Hak'hal. However, among all the serious talk, shows of magical superiority, and somewhat contrived anger and strife, Aven was sure of one thing. He stood up in the middle of Aviel's words, planting one foot on the table with a loud noise, and pointing at Aviel. It was immediately obvious to anyone observing, by the slightly dulled position of his expression, that he was more than a tad bit tipsy. "Don't you underestimate Radiant Light! Nessa and me, we're so strong, we took out Castor's minion just like that!" He made an exaggerated snap, and clacked his cane on the table, skewing a large drumstick in the process by accident. His attention drifted down momentarily, before he flicked the meat up into the air, barely catching it by the bone, then holding it up triumphantly. "This is supposed to be a party, so I don't want to hear all this doomsday nonsense; we'll kick Castor's butt when we get to it, I say, let's enjoy the food while it's hot!" With that, he took a huge bite out of the drumstick, a big smile on his face. He may have been incredibly inebriated, but he'd learned one very important thing: Nessa could handle herself, not just as a member of Radiant Light, but as a Wizard in general. She didn't need anyone's pity or protection, otherwise, she'd never become stronger. Aven knew that he'd hate to endure such treatment, so he refused to let Aviel look down on them as humans, even if it were out of concern.

Nessa Cordelia Lux
    Nessa Cordelia Lux

Starlight Maiden

Starlight Maiden

Character Sheet

Post by Nessa Cordelia Lux 1st October 2018, 1:59 pm

Everyone at the table had been listening to Aviel talk, it seemed Ellamora accepted his apology, offering a smile and a nod. Allowing him to continue on without interruption, and while everyone else seemed to have the full intention of letting him speak. It seemed one invidual did not, having been awfully quiet for the entirety of his arrival thus far, Aven's suddenly standing during his speech and challenging Aviel words sent the room into a state of silence. Nessa bit her lip, trying hard to suppress her giggle, although when he snapped his cane against the floor she couldn't help her, she let out a snort of laughter. Covering her mouth abruptly to prevent further snickering, he was just so light-hearted and happy. Just like that any lingering tension that had been in the room seemed to dissipate, Ellamora grinned.

"The man makes an excellent point, let us eat, chat and be merry. One night to enjoy the company of friends, we can get to business later." She said, clapping her hands, the plates on the table doubled in size. The amount of food stacked on the plates multiplying, offering Nessa and Aven an substantial feast. Nessa leaned over picking up her cup of spiced rum, she took a big sip. Nessa felt the wind pick up, before frowning at this realisation. There were inside without windows, there should be no wind. There's was a sudden gust, followed by a crack of lightning. Nessa jumped violently in her seat, spilling the spiced rum over herself. She let out a squeak trying to pat herself down and compose herself. Tiphanae shot the new arrival a look, "Could you not have used a door?" She asked sternly before handing Nessa a napkin.

Agatha stood there in the spot the lightning had struck, an amused grin on her face. Next to her the floor turned frosty, ice forming on the ground, shooting up to slowly form a woman, before melting inwards to reveal Arcturus. "I was under the impression I had to be here as quickly as possible." Agatha replied, her brown eyes turning towards Aviel. "And now I see why." She stalked across the room, her armoured boots clanging on the ground loudly. As she reached Aviel, she gave him a friendly but rather hard pat on the back. "Good to see you Aviel, been a while. What brings you here? In fact.. how did you get an invitation?" She asked, before glancing over at Nessa and Aven. Her eyes widened, she quickly sprouted her white feathery wings.

Launching herself into the air, she landed on the table in front of Aven, dropping down so she was sat on the edge. She leaned in close, "So this is Aven Alveron," She said, reaching out she cupped his chin, pulling his face side to side so she could get a thorough look at him. "Even better than I expected; Handsome features, a strong jawline, good physique and eyes like emeralds." She let out a laugh, before calling over at Scythen, "Still fancy your chances on our wager? I'll bet your candidate isn't nearly as tasty as this." Nessa felt her face grow red as a beetroot, she was already warm from the alcohol, but now she felt hot. She clenched her fists, standing up slowly, perhaps it was the alcohol but she didn't like this one bit and she wasn't about to sit their and put up with it.

"Take your hands off him Agatha." She growled, her eyes narrowed. Agatha who had never experienced this kind of brazen talk from Nessa raised a brow, letting go of Aven's chin but not moving anywhere. She smirked at Nessa, "Bother you does it?" She asked in a teasing voice, before leaning in even closer to him. The brunette brought her face close to Aven's neck, taking a deep breath, "Mmm, He's smells delicious for a human," She purred. As though with a mind of their own Nessa's hands shot forward, however before she could grab a hold of Agatha. Tiphanae's arm wrapped around her swiftly, pulling her back out of reach. Agatha threw her head back and cackled heartily. "Brilliant, A bit of liquid courage is what it takes to give the girl a backbone."

"Agatha." Tiphanae said in a warning tone, holding the struggling Nessa in her grip. Agatha sighed before flapping her wings and flying back to the other side of the table. Nessa relaxed slightly, Tiphanae let go and Nessa sat back down, still glaring at Agatha threateningly.

I've been drinking, I've been drinking [Aven] - Page 2 Nes44I've been drinking, I've been drinking [Aven] - Page 2 Nes44I've been drinking, I've been drinking [Aven] - Page 2 Nes44

Aven Alveron
    Aven Alveron

Character Sheet

Post by Aven Alveron 1st October 2018, 6:27 pm

Aviel's face broke from a stern, business expression, into a big smile, as Aven threw out his thoughts on the matter. A flash back to his own days as a mortal brought warmth to Aviel's heart, the bit of himself he saw in Aven more than enough to remind him of better days. He remembered his days courting Hakon, the two star-crossed lovers of opposite sides of a senseless Civil War, and that beautiful sunset over Reahj while they sat on top the clock tower on their first date. In many ways, Aven was everything Aviel wished he could have been, innocence and all. If he'd grown up in this world, it's possible that would have been the case, but still, he closed his eyes. Despite the countless struggles, he couldn't bring himself to regret his past for long, not when it led him to Hakon. On the same notion, their current trial was nothing but another chapter in the saga of tribulations the two had gone through in their time, and he had little doubt that it wouldn't be the last. A sense of pride came over him as he laughed jovially at Aven's drunken speech, the tension in the room all but obliterated by the light the young man constantly exuded from his words and actions. He was positive, the boy was suited to the light of Radiance far more than himself, and he'd certainly grow to match Aviel one day.

As if on queue to the true beginning of the feast, Agatha and Arcturus arrived in spectacular fashion. Agatha's not entirely unexpected hearty welcome was greeted with a grin by Aviel. "It's been too long, in fact, Agatha. Official business, of course, but a feast never hurts. Oh, and I latched a ride with my young charge over there." Aviel's surprise surfaced at Agatha's reaction to spotting Aven, and his mind quickly surveyed the possible reasons. Agatha was single, to his last recollection, but he was nearly positive that was because Valkyrie didn't normally court or even marry. Hakon was an exception as she was adopted by Odin upon their arrival to this universe. If that was the case, then it was unlikely her actions were founded solely in her own interest, but rather an alternate motive. Agatha's words, of course, lit a spark in Aviel's mind as he realized just what was going on, and his grin widened. He'd have to agree wholeheartedly with Agatha, Markus hadn't a chance: and he would know, he'd met the young man on multiple occasions. It may have been a small bit of paternal pride, but nevertheless, Aviel Kilandre-Alveron could personally guarantee that an Alveron never loses a battle of love.

Aven, on the other hand, was quite in shock, and rightly so: he'd been about to introduce himself to the new arrivals, having sat back down after being incredibly pleased with the outcome of his miniature speech, when out of nowhere, the Valkyrie named Agatha pounced directly in front of him and began to inspect his body. This was no simple once over, either, but a thorough, detailed analysis of his physical worth as a man, not to mention that her hand coddled his chin with great intensity. Her skin was as expected of a warrior, calloused and tough, but somehow, it was smooth at the same time. He could feel the blood rushing to his face, as he attempted to object to the sudden treatment, but the words got caught in his throat. Her presence was commanding, and even in his drunken state, the earnest and effortless dominance that Agatha exuded cowed Aven, and he was reduced to simply allowing her to tilt his head back and forth, making several flattering remark about his physique. What was this about a wager, though? Agatha'd just arrived, they hadn't time to make any recent bets, but all the same, it seemed to involve him in some way. His mind was too hazy to connect the pieces of a puzzle, so all he could think of was that it was some kind of bet as to whether he was worthy to be on a team with Nessa. Yes, that had to be it, after, she made a comment about his musculature, a key component in battle, and since Valkyrie were essentially Angels of War, it made perfect sense. All the pieces simply fell into place for Aven, and he had no reason to ask clarification. After all, what else could it possibly be? Nothing, that was what.

The issue, of course, became that Agatha didn't stop there. Nessa attempted to intervene, and he wished she had, because in response, Agatha leaned in, not inches away, her face passing dangerous close beyond his as she... smelled him? It was ridiculous, why would she do that? Better question, why was all the blood in his body suddenly in his face, and feeling extremely self conscious about whether he'd washed thoroughly enough that morning? Her compliment, contrary to what he'd thought, actually made it worse, and his vision blurred, before his head lolled back, and he slumped in Agatha's grip, temporarily passing out. Metaphorical steam rose from his ears as she let him free, returning to her seat, and Aven slowly revived, only to dig into more food, trying to bury his embarrassment in the veritable mound of delicious morsels he'd quickly gathered onto his plate. "It's okay, Nessa, I'm totally fine, no harm done, really, it's no big deal." The blood red shade of his poorly hidden face told her just how fine he was, of course, and it didn't' exactly corroborate his tall tale.

Nessa Cordelia Lux
    Nessa Cordelia Lux

Starlight Maiden

Starlight Maiden

Character Sheet

Post by Nessa Cordelia Lux 3rd October 2018, 1:05 pm

Nessa took a breath, trying to calm herself down, hearing Aven's reassurance made her feel a little calmer. Although seeing him slump like that had set a little flame in her that she couldn't quite calm down completely. In her opinion, Agatha had no right to tease him like that. She was thoroughly annoyed by the situation. She reached forward, pouring her another glass of spiced rum, she filled it up to the top. Agatha watched in amusement, "Careful girl, Valkyrie rum is not for the feint hearted." Nessa's violet eyes darted to her once again, her irritation could be felt across the room. Nessa took her glass, and swung it back, chugging the contents of the glass. Ignoring the burning sensation it gave her or the fact her body begging for her to stop. She pushed on, until that glass was empty. Slamming it down on the table, she licked her lips. Smirking at Agatha, she raised both her hands and made a gesture that were she sober she would gasp at in horror. Flipping Agatha the bird and earning a chorus of chuckles from the Valkyries. "Well that's you told." Arcturus said with a snicker.

Agatha kept her eyes on Nessa as she made her way over to her throne, sliding down next to Scythen. The Lightning Valkyrie was clearly restraining herself a little, on account of the warning look she was receiving from Ellamora. The blue haired Valkyrie next to her shook her head, "I see no reason to fret, I doubt my candidate would faint at such behaviour. I should imagine his is as pure in experience as he is in mind, what say you Aviel? Do you think your little could handle himself should he get the chance to court a woman wholly and completely?" She said, leaning forward in her seat. Nessa's cheeks were red, not from embarrassment, for the final wave of intoxication hitting her like a ton of bricks. The girl was completely and utterly gone. Her eyes slightly glazed over, and swaying side to side, she spoke up.

"Listen, We are not here to discuss this wager," She slurred, she felt her stomach turn slightly at the intense load of alcohol it had just taking in, but she ignored it and continue. "Nor are we here to insp- to inspecu… er ...to judge Aven's worth or...capabilities. I'm sure he is just fine in that aspect. Isn't that right Aven?" She said, giving him a determined nod as though she had just asked him to confirm his ability to please a woman. "Furrrthermore... Aven is my teammate and my bestest friend... so he will be treated like... like so. Else I shall be very cross." She said crossing her arms over her chest, unaware that the Valkyries were doing their best not to laugh at the girl.

I've been drinking, I've been drinking [Aven] - Page 2 Av1I've been drinking, I've been drinking [Aven] - Page 2 Av1I've been drinking, I've been drinking [Aven] - Page 2 Av1

Aven Alveron
    Aven Alveron

Character Sheet

Post by Aven Alveron 3rd October 2018, 4:54 pm

Aviel's demeanor shifted in a way it hadn't before as Nessa spoke her slightly addled mind, challenging Scythen with such gusto. It twisted, slowly morphing as the Angel struggled to contain the emotion that was rising within him. It proved too powerful, however, and finally, it burst forth, sending him into a tirade of laughter. He'd been about to retort to the Valkyrie of Death, but Nessa's words were more than adequate to taper the edge of Scythen's own. He leaned back in Hakon's throne, as his laughter rang out through the hall, a clear, almost ringing sound.

Aven, on the other hand, had noticed Nessa's downing of the Valkyrie's brew, and he couldn't simply sit idle as she outdid him. They'd only suspended the drinking game, what kind of Alveron would he be in he slacked off when she'd called time-in? In one fell swoop, he poured and knocked back a full tankard of it: a mistake, to be sure. Were it not for the fact that Aviel had shut off his body's magical cleansing capability, he would have been fairly tipsy afterward, but without it, the full force of the brew hit him within seconds. It burned his throat, and brought a haze over his mind. Scythen was saying something again, but he only caught parts of it. She'd said something about court, and women... did she mean he couldn't handle himself in a nobleman's court? That certainly wasn't right, he'd spent many evenings entertaining guests of all genders at the soiree's that his family would hold, not the least of which older women, who loved to hear his elegant piano playing and song. His hearing, of course, tuned back in a few seconds, in time to catch Nessa's speech. She was absolutely right, he wasn't there to be tested, he was there to meet her friends and comrades, and to party!

As Nessa finished, Aven stood up once again, though keeping his feet planted this time. His balance was off, strange for him, even when drunk, so he clacked him cane on the ground, before he swayed forward, waving his cane in a sweeping gesture around the table. He also held a hand semi-elegantly against his chest with a proud smile. "You're so right, Nessa. I'll have ya all know, I'm a mazter of courting, I could do it in my sleep. My fingers are like magic, even without the magic, and I got a tongue graced by the gods themselves!" Of course, Aven was speaking of playing the piano and singing, but who could possibly glean anything else from such words? Not Aven, that's who.

Aviel, at this point, was doubled over, his laughter reaching the point of physical discomfort. If it was the last thing he did, he wanted to make sure that Aven never lost the pureness of his heart. Well, maybe with one exception.

Nessa Cordelia Lux
    Nessa Cordelia Lux

Starlight Maiden

Starlight Maiden

Character Sheet

Post by Nessa Cordelia Lux 4th October 2018, 11:44 am

The laughter around the room was joyful and light, the behaviour of the humans was certainly amusing. Nessa's drunken orders, followed but Aven's rather rambunctious declaration of skill set the girls into fits of laughter. Nessa's jaw dropped slightly at Aven's words, even in her drunken state, it was still enough to shock her. "Goodnesssss," She drawled before snickering herself. "Ya see ladies, he is the mazter. So shhhh," She told them with a pointed finger. Before letting out a loud laugh herself, She had never spoken about such a matter with Aven before, and were she sober she most likely never would have. But in the state that she was, she didn't really care, it was just harmless fun after all. Agatha manage to steady her laughter enough to challenge Nessa a little more, clearly wanting to egg Nessa on more.

"So how about it Nessa Lux, Does he still not take your fancy? A man with such skilful assets will bring you great plea-" Her words were cut off by the throwing of a chicken leg, which the Lightning Valkyrie swiftly zapped with her finger as a means to stop the chicken hitting her. However this seemed to backfire, as the zap caused the meat to explode in the air, not only did she coat the table in charred chicken but herself aswell. Elgorea laughed so hard she fell over her throne, barely holding on to the table to keep herself from lying on the floor. Agatha growled irritably, only causing the others to laugh harder. At this point Ellamora stood quickly, "Okay, that's enough of that. I think our rum might be a little intense for our guests here, perhaps we should settle them down a little in one of the grand chambers." She suggested, Nessa pouted, "Eyy, I am f-fine... like... whatchu sayin', Me and Aven, we can handle anyfin'..." She slurred in a manner that was clearly not fine. Tiphanae giggled before leaning over, "We're just going to give you both a little tour okay?" She said softly. Appearing to accept this, Nessa nodded, standing up unsteadily. She moved around the throne and she began to march in a random direction. "No, no, Nessa Lux, this way," Tiphanae said, grabbing the drunk mage by the shoulders and steering her towards a set of double doors.

I've been drinking, I've been drinking [Aven] - Page 2 Av1I've been drinking, I've been drinking [Aven] - Page 2 Av1I've been drinking, I've been drinking [Aven] - Page 2 Av1

Aven Alveron
    Aven Alveron

Character Sheet

Post by Aven Alveron 4th October 2018, 12:18 pm

Aviel took quite a time calming down, the continued antics with Agatha setting him off once more. He hadn't laughed so freely since Hakon had disappeared, and frankly, it was a well needed reprieve from the hectic search and constant worry. Especially considering the visage of tranquility and grace he naturally adopted, it would be difficult for any outsider to understand just how chaotic his thoughts were at times, a mask of sorts. Aven's blind, and sometimes naive, optimism and innocence had a way of bringing out the best in people, even Aviel, and he was incredibly grateful for the opportunity. If he had to wager, Aviel would say that his descendant was even better at finding the good in others than himself.

The angel did have to agree with Ellamora's judgement on the matter of drunkenness: without his magical cleansing, Valkyrie Rum could do some serious damage to Aven. He rose from his seat along with Tiphanae, and ushered the utterly smashed Gentlewizard alongside his crush, still lightly chuckling to himself about the misunderstanding that had taken place not a minute ago. He was the only one in the room that had understood the true meaning behind Aven's words, and the irony was too palpable for him to ruin by explaining it out. Better to allow them their fantasies.

Aven was incredibly excited at the prospect of a tour. He could learn so much by exploring the area, he wondered where the source of their magic power was? Was it Odin, or something else contained within Valhalla? in any case, Ellamora said they were gonna visit a grand chamber, or something: it sounded like it could be even bigger than his own room! After a long and tipsy walk through the halls, the two 'happy' wizards were led to a smaller version of the massive doors that had guarded the entrance of the Castle, which swung open to reveal a grand chamber, indeed. Aven's eyes widened, it was even larger than his parents master suite, several pillars throughout the area to maintain the structural integrity of the ceiling. The walls were adorned with various weapons and armor, of all kinds from different time periods, it seemed, with exotic animal skins scattered along the marble floor. Several of the animals, Aven had never even seen before, appearing ancient in origin. In his addled state, all Aven could manage was, "This... is a room."

Nessa Cordelia Lux
    Nessa Cordelia Lux

Starlight Maiden

Starlight Maiden

Character Sheet

Post by Nessa Cordelia Lux 4th October 2018, 12:40 pm

Nessa skipped along wildly through the halls, they were very big halls, so she had plenty of room. At least that was the logic in her mind as she swung her arms and legs back and forth. Giggling she spun into an elaborate twirl, stumbling as she did so and nearly falling over. She managed to catch her balance, snickering to herself. Tiphanae watched her with a smile, shooting Aviel a look. "You care deeply for your human don't you. It is the same for my sisters and I. Nessa Lux saved my life, and asks for nothing in return. She has become a dear friend to us. Purity like that is rare in the human word, it is a tainted place, such many cruel souls. I see the same purity in Aven Alveron, light in the darkness, he is much like yourself Aviel. We are blessed to have such splendid companions." She said to him, her voice carrying a warmth that reflected her truest feelings.

As they arrived at the room, Nessa rushed in, much like an boisterous child. She made a series of 'oo's and 'ah's. Before heading to the four poster bed, she climbed onto it, she began to bounce on it. "Nessa Lux, perhaps you should calm down a bit."Tiphanae suggested with a chuckle, in response, Nessa allowed herself to fall back onto the bed. Turning on her side to look at them all. "This is awessssome." She said happily. Tiphanae smiled, waving her hand in the air. There was a little gust over wind around her, and suddenly Nessa clothes changed. Her stained outfit shifting into a light white nightgown made a fine silk, the wind settled. Nessa squealed excitedly. "Oh my gosssssh, you can do that. Do Aven, Do Aven!" She said with an excited expression, sitting up to watch. Tiphanae smiled, "Would you like me to change your clothes for you?" She asked politely, deciding that getting his permission first was better than doing so without.

I've been drinking, I've been drinking [Aven] - Page 2 Av3I've been drinking, I've been drinking [Aven] - Page 2 Av3I've been drinking, I've been drinking [Aven] - Page 2 Av3

Aven Alveron
    Aven Alveron

Character Sheet

Post by Aven Alveron 4th October 2018, 1:13 pm

Aviel nodded with his usual smile, Tiphanae was just as earnest as she always was. He appreciated her straight forward attitude, and that willingness to say exactly what was on her mind. He glanced at Aven as he spoke, watching the young man's awe. "Yes, Aven is very dear to me, just as each of my descendants have been; I must admit, he's more like me than I would have anticipated, in the best way I could have hoped for. Were it not for Castor's interference, he would've had my light from the beginning. As for Nessa, I couldn't have picked a better teammate for Aven, along with their little dragon friend, Arcadia. It's a perfect trio of good intent, one I should hope guides those around them."

Aven follows Nessa with a wobble in his gait, and let out a small 'ooh' as Nessa's clothes were changed into a beautiful silky nightgown. She looked radiant in his eyes, befitting of the holy place they were occupying. When the question was posed to him whether he wanted the same, he grinned and nodded without hesitation. "Absotutely, but no dresses, m'kay? I don't wear the dresses."

Aviel, who'd been trailing lightly behind to ensure Aven didn't taste the marble floor, knotted his brow for a brief moment. There was the issue of his scars, inflicted by that estranged member of Grim Heresy. He wished he could have helped back then, a regret that weighed heavily on him whenever he glanced the young man's chest and arms. If he'd been just a little bit faster breaking Castor's seal on Aven's soul, they could have expelled Hak'hal long before that incident happened, and Aviel could have taken Aven to safety using the bond they now share. His face lightened once more. This may set me back a bit in preparation for Castor, but Aven deserves to be proud of himself, inside and out. He placed a hand on Aven's shoulder to steady him, a small, almost unnoticeable glow emitting from under his suit, before Aviel retracted his hand, as though nothing had happened.

Tiphanae's wind swirled around Aven, changing him into silky white pajama bottoms that matched Nessa's nightgown. His top half was bare, but instead of the grisly sight that Nessa had seen before, revealed to the room was the visage of a near perfectly toned chest and arms, the muscles tight and molded, even in his drunken state. Where his scars had been, instead, were small glowing lines of golden light, which pulsated softly along with his heartbeat. His upper half was rife with them, forming intriguing patterns from his wrists to his abs, and even down his back. Aven, of course, was astonished, and a welling of happiness bubbled from inside him, as he wore the biggest smile of the night, and plopped onto the bed, laughing. He was obviously too hammered to see right, but he'd enjoy the drunken illusion while it lasted.

Nessa Cordelia Lux
    Nessa Cordelia Lux

Starlight Maiden

Starlight Maiden

Character Sheet

Post by Nessa Cordelia Lux 4th October 2018, 2:03 pm

Tiphanae smiled at Aviel's words, the Valykrie agreed wholeheartedly, in her eyes she could imagine no purer team of mages. Each of them bore there only light, and together they would shine upon the world. At least this was her view, as she watched the interactions between the two drunk mages, her mercury eyes looked at each of them as they lay on the bed in their drunk happy states. "Yes, I'm glad they have each other," She replied softly, before waving her hand through the air to initiate the outfit change for Aven. Her wind magic shifting him into a nicely fitted pair of silky white pyjama bottoms.

Nessa clapped loudly at the outfit change for Aven, she made another noise of awe at the lines of light that glowed across Aven body. She tilted her head at the sight of him, looking on in an unabashed manner, "Whoa Aven, I didn't peg you for a ...um...you know.. like s-someone with muscles. Muscles with pretty lights, Fairy Lights!" She said, giving him a nod of appreciation before rolling over on the bed with a laugh at her own silly comments. Tiphanae shook her head in amusement, waving her hand to create another gust of gentle wind, a jug of water appeared on the bedside table, along with two empty glasses. She turned, "Get some rest you two, we'll take you back to Earth when you're a little more ...collected. Make sure you drink plenty of water, it'll refill automatically so you shouldn't run out." She said, nodding to Aviel to follow her, she led him out the room. Shutting the doors behind her and leaving the two of them alone.

Nessa waved her goodbye, as soon as the doors were shut, she threw herself back onto the bed with a thump. Bouncing a little before rolling over to look at Aven. She propped her head up on a pillow, "Today was craaaazy right?" She said with a drunk giggle, "I think I won you know... you are p-positively silly right now Aven!" She declared with a challenging grin. It wasn't likely, if anything he was probably more sober than her, or at the very least equally matched. But what did logic matter when you were a drunken idiot?

I've been drinking, I've been drinking [Aven] - Page 2 Av3I've been drinking, I've been drinking [Aven] - Page 2 Av3I've been drinking, I've been drinking [Aven] - Page 2 Av3

Aven Alveron
    Aven Alveron

Character Sheet

Post by Aven Alveron 4th October 2018, 2:19 pm

Aviel nodded silently with a smile, and left the two alone to gather themselves. The scene reminded him of something, however, and a bit of color rose to his cheeks. He didn't think the two were even close to that subject matter, luckily, but he did know the first thing Hakon and him were going to do once they rescued her. With that, he shut the door.

Aven chuckled drunkenly at the notion of 'fairy lights': what was more fitting for a Fairy than to give off a golden glow? Next thing he know, he would be dropping fairy dust behind him! He sat up in the bed, flexing as acknowledgement of her praise. My clothes cover them up, ya know? Gotta have an ace up my sleeve, or maybe six! He chuckled again, using three fingers to tap one half of his abs like the keys of a piano. "Today was so crazy, your friends are bonkers! Remember that one part, Agatha exploded a drumstick?" He flopped onto his back in resignation. "Ya did have more than me, I guess ya won, yeah. So, what do ya want for winning?" His white hair was mussed by the bed, giving him a slightly unkempt look as he glanced over at Nessa, waiting for her reply. He hadn't really thought about what he was saying, it just rolled off his tongue.

Nessa Cordelia Lux
    Nessa Cordelia Lux

Starlight Maiden

Starlight Maiden

Character Sheet

Post by Nessa Cordelia Lux 4th October 2018, 2:40 pm

Nessa laughed heartily at the sight of Aven flexing his muscles, despite it's silliness, she chuckled away at his ab joke as though it had been a hilarious quip. Her drunken mind was making her very giggly. She wasn't used to this Aven, he was always quite reserved, seeing him be a little silly was a side of him she liked seeing. It made her feel comfortable, like she could be this drunk and it was fine, cause he was drunk too. At the drumstick remark, she creased with laughter, unable to help herself. "S'what she gets for being so ruuuude, all the time. Not everythin' has to be naughty all the time, she thinks all men and woman do is make babies." She replied shaking her head. "I mean like... If I wanted to do t-that I would but... I'm a good girl, so I want to wait you know." She told him honestly. She would be with a man when she met the right one, and the time was right. She didn't need to throw herself at someone for the sake of just making babies, besides being a mother was not something she was ready for. Not even a little bit. She was quite happy working away as a mage and growing stronger. Love and family, that could wait a while.

At his admittance of defeat, Nessa did a little fist pump in the air, bringing her hand to her chin she smirked. Looking at him a scheming expression, she wondered what she should ask of him. As she gazed at him, her eyes met his, looking at her that way. Here she was, lying next to her best friend in Valhalla of all places. She sighed, shuffling a little closer to him, she rested her forehead on his shoulder, pressing it against him gently. Reaching over, she took hold of his hand, giving it a squeeze.. "I want you to promise me...that you won't leave. Not like the others did." She said softly, eyes closed as she spoke. She knew it was a big ask, but it's what she wanted more than anything, not to be alone again. Not to ever feel the way she did that day. She finally had friends again, people she could trust, and nothing terrified her more than the thought of losing them.

I've been drinking, I've been drinking [Aven] - Page 2 Av40I've been drinking, I've been drinking [Aven] - Page 2 Av40I've been drinking, I've been drinking [Aven] - Page 2 Av40

Aven Alveron
    Aven Alveron

Character Sheet

Post by Aven Alveron 4th October 2018, 3:22 pm

Aven's smile was just as warm as he felt, the covers slowly beginning to reflect his body heat, as their eyes met. Something seemed to change about her demeanor, less silly now, as she shuffled up against him, suddenly grasping his hand. The soft pulsing glow of Aven's marks began to quicken, slowly but surely, and Nessa spoke her wish. It was a sobering moment for Aven, as the silliness of the night faded, and there he was, alone with Nessa pressed against his shoulder, his unscarred shoulder. It wasn't an illusion, there really wasn't any craterous flesh or mangled tissue to be found, only the smooth markings of light over his unblemished skin. She didn't want him to leave... he squeezed her hand back, the solemnity of the moment clearing his thoughts a little. The steady pulse of his magic could be felt through the veins of gold, the heat of their skin together drawing it toward her. He paused for a moment, the words stuck in his throat, before he spoke. "You know, Nessa, I've been alone most of my life. Friends were never a luxury I had, even with the fortune my family was afforded. It was just me, my books, and a world beyond that I rarely saw. Those nights, when I'd watched the sun set over the hills, I always wished for someone to sit next to me, to share a laugh, or talk about even the most trivial of things, just because we could. The politics of high society kept everyone on airs, and even surrounded by people at a Gala, it's deafening lonely among the hollow stares of disinterested party goers." He glanced over at her, hoping to catch her eyes. "Then I met you. You were the first person to give me the time of day, learn who I was, and accept me just for that. You didn't ask for anything in return, except my company." A small bit of color was showing through as he spoke his heart. "I promise, I'll always be by your side. I'm a man of my word."

As he finished, a small nuance of her question tugged at his mind. He wondered... what did she mean by 'others'? "Have you... been alone before?"

Nessa Cordelia Lux
    Nessa Cordelia Lux

Starlight Maiden

Starlight Maiden

Character Sheet

Post by Nessa Cordelia Lux 4th October 2018, 3:43 pm

She listened to him, hers eyes slowly opening as he told the tale of his childhood. Slowly she looked up at him, gazing at his face as he spoke of being lonely. Realising he understood, he felt it too, the pain she had felt. Except he had felt it for much longer than she had, she squeezed his hand in response. She began to get it, the life a nobles child, she had never thought about it before.

Then I met you.

Her breath caught in her throat, his eyes on hers as spoke. Giving her words of praise she was not ready for, she gulped slightly. Then he answered her wish, promising to stay by her side. Nessa felt her heart race suddenly, heat flushing to her cheeks. "Aven...I..." She didn't know what to say, or how to answer him. She was rendered speechless, his following question caught her off guard. She realised she had said that hadn't she? She quickly glanced away, rolling away from him slightly, but still holding his hand. She bit her lip before speaking, "Once... I did something and... it...they left me." She said softly. She took a shaky breath, she didn't want to talk about this, but she did. She did, because she wanted Aven to know. He had shared with her, now she should share back, even if it hurt a little. Her voice barely audible, she quoted the haunting last words her best friend Cassie ever spoke to her.

"You deserve nothing, Nessa, because you are nothing."  

I've been drinking, I've been drinking [Aven] - Page 2 Av40I've been drinking, I've been drinking [Aven] - Page 2 Av40I've been drinking, I've been drinking [Aven] - Page 2 Av40

Aven Alveron
    Aven Alveron

Character Sheet

Post by Aven Alveron 4th October 2018, 4:17 pm

The redness in Aven's cheeks transformed from nervousness, to slight anger. Who... who could say that to someone they called a friend? He sat up with a start, his passion rising up through his chest and pouring out in the form of words, as he turned to face her. "You can't believe that, Nessa!? What about your Dad, your Aunt, your brother, your friends at Fairy Tail?" He squeezed her hand harder, though not to the point of discomfort. His emerald eyes were intense, filled with emotion and a deep sense of caring. "You made me promise that I'd never leave you, so that you'd never feel that loneliness again, but how do you think I'd feel if you left? It doesn't matter what some fake friends told you, you mean the world to me, and you deserve the world for it!" His speech paused, and Aven realized he was hovering over Nessa. Still, he had more to say. "Everyone makes mistakes, it's what makes us human; learning from our mistakes is what makes us good people. If you have to learn anything from being alone, and if I learned anything from meeting you, it's that the people that are worth sticking with are worth waiting for."

Nessa Cordelia Lux
    Nessa Cordelia Lux

Starlight Maiden

Starlight Maiden

Character Sheet

Post by Nessa Cordelia Lux 4th October 2018, 4:33 pm

Nessa felt a immense guilt at his words, of course, she had her family then. But still, it was lonely, when Edward when to school, Antoinette and Dad both went to work. Who was left, just Nessa on her own, no one to speak to, no one to call. Were she to go out and take a walk, her schoolmates would avoid her, whispering in hush tones all of the lies Cassie had told. Cassie hadn't just abandoned Nessa, she had completely isolated her. All because of the lies Rex fed her. She looked back at Aven, her eyes saddened by the thoughts that were haunting her, she knew he was trying to reach her. But it was hard, despite everything he was saying, there was a part of her telling her he was just saying it. Did he really mean it? Did she mean that much? How could she? She was selfish wasn't she? That's what Cassie had told her.

"Aven… I won't leave you. I wouldn't ever... Not unless you asked me to." She told him softly, with her free hand she brushed his hair back a little, it was still slightly ruffled from his earlier collapsing on the bed. "Honestly Aven, you're so sweet and kind, I don't think I deserve you." She said with a soft laugh, lowering her hand back to the bed. Someone so good and accepting, willing to stay by her side. What if he knew the real her? Would he stay then? She didn't know. She was selfish, and she knew it. She wanted him and Arcadia to stay by her side forever, how would she deal if they left? She didn't know. Still, the conviction in his words, in his promises. A small glimmer of hope fluttered in her heart, maybe just maybe she would get her wish. "It's okay Aven, you don't have to convince me. I trust you... more than anyone" She told him.

I've been drinking, I've been drinking [Aven] - Page 2 Nes47I've been drinking, I've been drinking [Aven] - Page 2 Nes47I've been drinking, I've been drinking [Aven] - Page 2 Nes47

Aven Alveron
    Aven Alveron

Character Sheet

Post by Aven Alveron 4th October 2018, 5:41 pm

Aven's marks pulsated faster and faster, a twinge in his heart as she made him the same promise back. Still, she made an outlandish remark that she didn't deserve him. She didn't get it, what else could he say? He wished he could tell her everything he felt, make her believe his words without a shadow of a doubt. How could he let her know just how special she was, how irreplaceable her soul is? With a gentle smile, Aven exhaled, then breathed in deep, sitting beside her, their fingers still intertwined. Softly, he began to sing, his voice silky and smooth as their garments, pouring out his thoughts in a soothing rhythm:

Can you read my heart,
    See the pages of words that I wish I could say;
    Could I be the start
    Of the thought that you always could treasure each day?
    Would you take my hand,
    and be everything I know that you can achieve,
    So, that, while we stand,
    Every person that watches begins to believe

We can change this world
    To a place where our hearts can be never alone,
    See my dream unfurled,
    And the choices we made reap the seeds we have sown.
    With your hand in mine,
    We'll dispel all the darkness, replace it with light,
    and see that sunshine
    Be the head of the charge in the battle we all have to fight.

As the ballad ended, he smiled once more, those emeralds shining with that overwhelming kindness. Perhaps, that could reach her.

Nessa Cordelia Lux
    Nessa Cordelia Lux

Starlight Maiden

Starlight Maiden

Character Sheet

Post by Nessa Cordelia Lux 4th October 2018, 5:56 pm

Nessa lay there, eyes widening as he began to sing a melody. She didn't know he could sing, but somehow it didn't surprise her, Aven was good at a lot of things after all. His soft sweet voice filling the room, as she listened, she feel a wave of emotion flood through her. Trying to make sense of the words he was singing, what was he telling her. That as long as they were together they could fight, that they could be the light in the darkness. What did he mean though, about being her first thought for her to treasure. She did treasure him. Although she had sobered up slightly, Her mind was still hazy from the alcohol, she couldn't quite make sense of it. Part of her mind was trying to tell her something, but she couldn't grasp it. She sat up on the bed, straightening up as he reached the end of the song.

Her violet eyes glistened slightly, she didn't know what to do. To show her appreciation, he was singing to make her feel appreciated. So that she would feel deserved. She looked into his sparkling green eyes, taking a breath. She moved onto her knees so that she was facing him directly. She let go of his hands, slowly leaning forward, bringing her face close to his. She wrapped her arms around his neck, giving him a gentle hug. She tilted her head to the side, whispering two quiet words in his ear. "Thank you." It wasn't much, but the emotion in her voice was enough to tell him that she meant it. She then turned her face towards his and placed a soft kiss on his cheek. Pulling away, she dropped her hands to her side , and as a single tear fell down her cheek, she offered him a small smile.

I've been drinking, I've been drinking [Aven] - Page 2 Nes47I've been drinking, I've been drinking [Aven] - Page 2 Nes47I've been drinking, I've been drinking [Aven] - Page 2 Nes47

Aven Alveron
    Aven Alveron

Character Sheet

Post by Aven Alveron 4th October 2018, 9:10 pm

Aven became confused for a moment, as he noticed he beginning of tears in Nessa's eyes. He hadn't meant to make her cry, he'd messed up! His mind raced to find what he did wrong, which words were out of place. He'd made it up on the spot, it had to have been something he said. Unfortunately, he found he couldn't remember all the words, since, not only was he drunk, but he'd improvised. Just then, she rose from her relaxed position, and let go of his hand, taking a calming breath. Aven knew it, he'd upset her, him and his stupid song! Maybe, he could still apologize, so she could at least sleep soundly-

Instead of moving away like Aven expected, she closed the distant, and the pulsing of his markings jumped in speed. What... what was she doing? She was looking at him so intently, closing the distance between them. He remembered the times he'd done the same without thinking, she couldn't be...!? He began to panic inwardly: he wasn't prepared, it was so sudden! Was he supposed to do something, or just sit there? Her arms wrapped around his neck, as they were but inches apart, and at the last moment, with Aven's eyes wide with shock, she wrapped him in a soft embrace, whispering her gratitude. His panic started to settle, it'd been a hug... just before her lips planted a soft kiss on his cheek, and his heart skipped a beat. She'd.... kissed him!

Aven didn't have words to say, his composure utterly obliterated, as she drew back and smiled lightly at him. He expected the blood to rush into his face, like always, but this time, there was only a light tinge of red; instead, a fuzzy feeling invaded his chest, wrapping around his heart. It was akin to happiness, and caused his smile to soften, as the air returned to his lungs. He drew back the covers, sliding his feet under. "Come on, let's get some sleep. It's been a crazy day, and the world won't change itself, you know?" A small hesitation, then he reached up and wiped the remainder of the tear from her cheek, and, before he could lose his nerve, planted a soft peck where the tear had previously been. "Goodnight, Nessa." With that, he laid down his head on his pillow, pulling the covers over his markings to hide their frantic rhythm.

Nessa Cordelia Lux
    Nessa Cordelia Lux

Starlight Maiden

Starlight Maiden

Character Sheet

Post by Nessa Cordelia Lux 5th October 2018, 8:46 am

Nessa nodded at his words, he was right. They couldn't sit here and dwell on matters that were out of hand. That was be for another time, Nessa allowed him to wipe away her tear, stiffening slightly as he kissed her cheek. A little surprised, it wasn't like him to be so affectionate, but she supposed she had done it first. She turned quickly, her cheeks very warm all of a sudden. She climbed under the duvet next, laying down next to him. She felt a little nervous, although she wasn't sure why. It wasn't like he was the first member of Fairy Tail she had shared a bed with, he wasn't even the second. But still, maybe it was just because of everything that had gone on. Or Maybe, it was just because it was Aven, he was a guy after all. Even if he was her closest friend, there was still a strangeness to it. Something she couldn't quite explain, but it wasn't like it was worth mentioning. They were just sleeping after all, it was all completely harmless. "Night, Aven," She replied back softly, resting her head on the pillow she relaxed into it. Closest her eyes, as a wave of alcohol hit her one final time, the room span a little and finally she fell into a dreamless sleep.

Through the night Nessa would toss and turn a little in her sleep, not too much. Just enough so that by the time that morning came, Nessa would be sleeping soundly next to Aven, cuddled up to his side, cheek pressed against his arm and a hand resting softly over his chest. Her chest rising up and down gently, her hair much more dishevelled than usual, most of it splayed out messily over her pillow. As she slowly began to wake, Nessa did a cat-like stretch, pouting a little. She snuggled even closer to the warm body next to her, releasing a yawn, she kept her eyes shut. Enjoying the cosy place she was snoozing in, five more minutes.. She thought obliviously, unaware of the shocking revelation she was about to experience.

I've been drinking, I've been drinking [Aven] - Page 2 Nes39I've been drinking, I've been drinking [Aven] - Page 2 Nes39I've been drinking, I've been drinking [Aven] - Page 2 Nes39

Last edited by Nessa Cordelia Lux on 5th October 2018, 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Aven Alveron
    Aven Alveron

Character Sheet

Post by Aven Alveron 5th October 2018, 2:26 pm

There were many moments in life that required subtlety. Once, a few years back, a group of three forest Vulcan decided to hunt near the tree Aven was napping in. Four hours, he sat still, not making a sound, as the monsters roamed the area, waiting for any sign of life, ready to beat whatever they found to a living pulp and devour it. He'd been much weaker then, and facing all three at once would have almost certainly sealed his fate; thus, he bided his time, until a passing deer was claimed for their dinner, allowing him to slip free in their distraction.

Much the same, Aven found himself in a precarious situation at the moment, having woken up about fifty minutes prior to Nessa's groggy start. He wasn't sure exactly how he was supposed feel about what was going on, but the frantic pulse of his light soundly betrayed him. On the bright side, he'd dispelled the splitting headache that had woken him with his Radiance, so he wasn't worried about his judgement. Rather, he was worried about the slew of other issues that arose the previous night, when he'd drunk far past his share. In his drunken stupor, he'd made up and sang a ballad for Nessa, with no musical accompaniment whatsoever; he imagined his Father turned in his sleep at the prospect. That wasn't even the worst of it, as, besides making a fool of himself in front of the Valkyrie of Valhalla, he'd kissed Nessa on the cheek without her permission. How bold could he possibly have gotten!?

As Aven saw it, he had one of two options: he could move, and in the process, risk fully waking Nessa, and invite the possibility of a misunderstanding that he'd been cuddling her in her sleep, or, he could lie still until she was fully awake, and act as though he'd been sleeping. He didn't condone lying, even by omission, so, as he'd decided on the second option, he'd tell her that he'd been awake for some time if she asked. Still, he was worried about what exactly Nessa would remember from the previous night, as it seemed Radiance's cleansing power had since returned before he'd even gone to sleep, saving a few more of his memories than he rightly should have retained after such a night. In the moment, of course, he enjoyed the warmth of Nessa's soft embrace, actively ignoring the fact that her breasts were coddling his arm, and one of her legs had hooked its way around his. It's fine, I'm fine. I'm not nervous, I'm confident! This doesn't faze me, I'm not nervous, it's fine...

Current date/time is 25th October 2024, 10:54 pm