Welcome Guest! You last visited . Please welcome the newest player Shyguy

• Patch Notes •                • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

I've been drinking, I've been drinking [Aven]

Nessa Cordelia Lux

Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Rising Star- Character Application Approved!- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- The Fallen- Novice [250]- Summer Special Donor- Summer Special Participant- Player -
    Lineage : Lucifers Aura
    Position : Rising Star
    Guild : Fairy Tail
    Cosmic Coins : 30
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 8,093.75

Character Sheet
    Character Name: Nessa Cordelia Lux
    Primary Magic: Starlight Maiden
    Secondary Magic: Valkyrie Summoner

I've been drinking, I've been drinking [Aven]

Post by Nessa Cordelia Lux on Thu 13 Sep - 18:39:37

Nessa was strolling along next to Aven through the streets of Magnolia. The two of them had just finished a job together, and were in the process of winding down for the day. The streets were quieting down the for the evening, and the road was pathed with the lights emanating from restaurants and taverns. Nessa peeked through the window of a lively bar, "Hey, this place is pretty good, I've been here before with my family." She told him, they had been perusing for a while and it seemed like one of the better choices for the night.
    She just hoped it was suited to Aven's tastes, she had seen the food the guy was used to and it was a little... higher standard than this place. But the atmosphere was nice and the service was good.

Nessa headed over to the entrance, pushing it open, they were immediately hit with the noise of a place filled with happy customers and bustling waiters. Chattering away noisily along to the live music playing on the far side. Nessa looked back at Aven with an excited grin before stepping inside. A petite blonde walked over to them, she recognised Nessa as a local customer and offered her a friendly smile, "Table for two?" She asked, earning a nod from Nessa. The waitress led them over two a table in the centre of the room, before offering them each a set of menus. "We've got a offer on tonight, two for one on cocktails if you’re interested." Nessa glanced over at Aven eagerly, "Ooh that's sounds good, I'd could really go for a Daiquiri right now? How about you?" She asked her fellow guildmate and team member.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

CHARACTER | STARLIGHT | VALKYRIES | PLOT BANK
    Golden Lacrima until 12th July 2019
    {Courtesy of the lovely Markus Eldridge}
    Aven Alveron

1 Year Anniversary- Player -
    Lineage : Scholar's Spirit
    Position : None
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Experience : 1825

Character Sheet
    Character Name: Aven Alveron
    Primary Magic: Circle Magic.
    Secondary Magic: Radiance.

Re: I've been drinking, I've been drinking [Aven]

Post by Aven Alveron on Mon 17 Sep - 14:35:09

Aven strolled along, a few feet beside Nessa was she led him through the streets. The night life of Magnolia was a sight to behold, and as a celebration of their latest job well done, the duo was hitting the town. Nessa'd said she had a few places in mind, and sure enough, within the span of ten minutes, they'd reached their destination, a small bar in the middle of the shopping district: inside, magical lights created a bright, lively ambiance, coupled with the noise to make it quite possibly the loudest establishment Aven had ever entered, but enter he did, following Nessa's lead, matching her smile. "No reason to dally, let's go!"

After a long day of wizarding, one of Aven favorite hobbies was to eat until he couldn't eat any more. Magic had a way of burning calories, after all, and it was important to stay in top shape to continue growing stronger, a lesson he'd learned very early on in his life. Their table was small, of course, but it would do. His eyes scanned the cracks in the wood, it was obvious many a patron had been rowdy in the very seat he was in, evident from every nook and cranny of the place. To be frank, it wasn't his style of restaurant, but Nessa was so excited that it didn't matter much to him: plus, it was nice to take a break from the snobby gossip of high society, especially if it were to make Nessa uncomfortable. That was the primary reason he'd asked her to pick out a spot to eat.

The meal took a quikc, unexpected turn, however: Drinks? Come to think of it, he was slightly parched, and a daiquiri did sound nice... Eh, what the heck, it was a celebration! He smiled brightly at the waitress, holding up two fingers. "Two Daiquiri's, please." As the waitress jotted down the order and whisked away to handle her other, less amicable patrons, Aven relaxed in his chair. "I didn't know you were a fan of drinking, Nessa?" His smile turned into a soft grin. "I don't suppose you'd be having any but the Daiquiri, correct? You don't strike me as the heavy drinker type."

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Golden Lacrima (https://www.fairytail-rp.com/t14655p200-the-general-store#336395) until July, 12th, 2019 (Darn you, Markus, I'll get you back for this!)
    Nessa Cordelia Lux

Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Rising Star- Character Application Approved!- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- The Fallen- Novice [250]- Summer Special Donor- Summer Special Participant- Player -

Character Sheet

Post by Nessa Cordelia Lux on Mon 17 Sep - 14:52:36

The waitress smiled, nodding at their ordering before leaving the table, and going to handle other orders. Nessa did a little happy clap, before skimming over the food menu in front of her, she wasn't feeling especially hungry. But if they were going to drink, she would need to at least at least something. She did not want to get as drunk as she did a little while ago, that had been the hangover from hell, not to mention all the other stuff. No, just a quiet drink with Aven over a meal, that would be fine right? Besides they worked hard, if anything they deserved it.

"I don't really fancy anything heavy, might just get a little tapas to pick at." She told Aven casually, "What are you in the mood for?" Nessa asked, looking over the top of her menu at him. After a second glance, Nessa placed her menu down on the table. Proceeding to glance over at the band that were crooning away, a keyboard player, a bass player, a singer with a guitar and a drummer. It was nice, upbeat melody, they were clearly a very talented band. Her attention was drawn back when Aven addressed her, as she listened to his words, her eyes narrowed slightly. She bit the inside of her cheek, This guy... She thought. She knew he was teasing her, she couldn't help herself, she wanted to bite back.

"Excuse me. Mr Alveron, but that's very presumptuous of you." She began, sitting back in her seat, she smirked a little. "I handle my drink just fine actually, so I'll have whatever I feel like. Although, You don't exactly look like a heavy drinker yourself. Couple of champagnes here and there maybe? You probably wouldn't be able to keep up." She retorted challengingly. She couldn't help herself, he just knew how to egg her on, so she wanted to return in kind. It probably wouldn't amount to anything than a little banter so, it was harmless surely.

Aven Alveron

Character Sheet

Post by Aven Alveron on Mon 17 Sep - 15:09:43

Aven grin became a smirk, almost unconsciously. A few drinks of champagne, hm? Among high society, the Alverons had famously iron stomachs, as it'd always been, according to his Mother. It'd only been a small prod from him that'd started it, but he felt the surge of a competition growing across the table. With the swelling music, he leaned forward, resting his hands on the table. "Perhaps it was a bit presumptuous, but you should know my family is infamous for drinking others under the table. That wouldn't happen to be a challenge, now would it?" All in good fun, of course, but his competitive side was slowly creeping forward, and the smirk widened, a rare expression forming on Aven's face: cockiness.

It wasn't ill-founded, not to his own mind at least. His mother had a staunch reputation, even within the Military, of never losing a drinking match. The severity of her insistence that being a woman made her no less capable of leading her army led to a quick conquest and subsequent domination of her subordinates in victory celebrations, and in fact, it had earned her a title that was whispered only in the safest of corners, away from any hope of her keen ears catching it: The Iron Keg.

Golden Lacrima (https://www.fairytail-rp.com/t14655p200-the-general-store#336395) until July, 12th, 2019 (Darn you, Markus, I'll get you back for this!)
    Nessa Cordelia Lux

Character Sheet

Post by Nessa Cordelia Lux on Mon 17 Sep - 15:24:59

Nessa saw his smirk, sitting up a little, she could feel that air between them grow a little tenser. Not in a bad way, just in the way that it did when two good friends fell into competition. It certainly felt like it was going that way. She listened to him for a moment, and did a little put on eye roll at his mention about how his family were famous for have strong drinking constitutions. She couldn't help herself, it was always so fun to see Aven get competitive, like they did on jobs together. It was just part of the dynamic between them.

The waitress returning with their Daiquiri's, "Are you ready to order food?" She asked, Nessa ordered one of the tapas sets, before waiting for Aven to place his order. The waitress picked up the menus and made to walk away, but Nessa leaned over quickly to add. "Can we also have three shots of tequila, lemon and salt." She asked, the waitress glanced between the two of them for a moment, before nodding and turning. Nessa brought her eyes back to Aven with a mischievous grin on her face. "I believe that answers your question." She told him.

It may have been a really, really bad idea, but it wasn't like they were in a different town. Have a few drinks, prove Aven wrong, then head home to recover. It wouldn't be so bad, she had snuck back in after a handful of parties before. Besides, she was of drinking age so why did it matter, her father would be fine. This night would be fine. She couldn't imagine it going wrong really, besides she really, really wanted to prove Aven wrong on this one. She could handle herself, she just need to pace it right. Last time she had been reckless, drinking things she hadn't tried before. Sticking with what she knew would help, at least this is what she had managed to convinced herself.

Aven Alveron

Character Sheet

Post by Aven Alveron on Mon 17 Sep - 15:51:25

As the air grew tense, Aven ordered a large cut of steak, but his eyebrows raised as Nessa cemented the challenge with a grin. Aven returned the expression, though he wasn't going to let her get the upper hand so easily by picking the drink and being done with it. Before the waitress could leave, he signaled her attention with a short wave. "Let's make that six shots, if you'd be so kind." He cocked an eyebrow at Nessa; sure, she picked the drink, but he could pick the quantity. Drinking games were also mind games, and he was no stranger to those.

The waitress left briefly, before returning with the aforementioned alcohol: there were three shots placed in front of each of them, along with a Daiquiri for both, the waitress giving a small grin as she walked away, keeping her eyes on the pair, obviously amused and not believing either of them capable. Aven picked up the first shot, swirling it around. "Tequila, huh? You're full of surprises tonight, Nessa; I suppose next you're going to tell me you're actually a Wizard Saint!" He grinned, setting the shot down and taking a sip of his Daiqiri.

Nessa Cordelia Lux

Character Sheet

Post by Nessa Cordelia Lux on Mon 17 Sep - 16:08:23

Nessa grinned as he amended her drinks order, obviously catching onto her odd number of drinks. She had planned on snagging the third one for herself just to show him up, but good ol' Aven was too quick for that. She sat back in her seat, "I hope you know what your getting into." She told him with a grin, she wasn't going to back down, not from this. After a few moments the waitress returned with their drinks, placing them in front of the pair. Nessa eyed the three shots in front of her, placed neatly in a row. Next to a bowl of lemons slices and a little salt shaker.

Picking up her Daiquiri, she took a sip. Enjoying the fruity cool flavour, a Daiquiri was one of those alcoholic beverages you could forget was alcohol. Based on the fruity flavour and the slushy texture. Tequila on the other hand... was not. She glanced over at Aven as he spoke, she grinned at him, "I'm working on it..." She told him with a wink, it was a joke of course. She doubted she would ever been strong enough to be a wizard saint, not like Sorano. To have that much power...it just seemed like something out of her reach. That was fine though, she was happy as long as her magic was useful and helpful. That was the point after all, of her being a mage.

Nessa placed her Daiquiri down on the table, reaching forward she grabbed the salt and sprinkled it over the back of her left hand. Then handing the salt shaker to Aven, she took her lemon slice in one hand and shot in the other. Clinking the shot against Aven's glass, "Cheers," She said, before bringing the shot up to her lips and knocking it back. She shut her eyes, wincing a little and shaking her head as it's itself flavour coated her tongue and burned her throat. She gasped, brought quickly licking the salt off her hand and popping the lemon slice into her mouth. She quickly put the shot glass on the table and covered her mouth, letting out a muffled chuckle as she watched Aven to see how he did.

Aven Alveron

Character Sheet

Post by Aven Alveron on Mon 17 Sep - 16:19:36

Aven couldn't lie to himself, he was impressed that she was actually taking the shot. She did something peculiar with salt and a lemon, what an odd combination. Aven smiled and nodded as she finished, taking it as his queue to go. Luckily, since they were using outside substances to help smooth the shot, Aven knew just how to do it. He winked, "Cheers!", before leaning down and taking a drink of his Daiquiri, but not swallowing, instead keeping it coated over his tongue, allowing it to settle near the bottom of his mouth, then downing the shot in one fell motion, the denser Daiqiri protecting his tongue, and as the stinging began in his throat, he washed a good portion of it away with the cold, delicious drink already prepared. He blinked back a few tears, his timing had been off slightly, but he'd have to right for the next shot.

Aven made solid eye contact with Nessa, a grin plain on his face, saying all that needed to be said. "Round 2?"

Nessa Cordelia Lux

Character Sheet

Post by Nessa Cordelia Lux on Mon 17 Sep - 16:31:29

Nessa watched the way he drank, drinking his daiquiri before taking the shot, she shook her head with a grin. Spotting the slightly watery eyes of his, yeaaah, he felt it, She thought in amusement, although he had handled it well for the most part. It just went to show how interesting this little challenge of theirs was going to be. Chuckling, she took the lemon out of her mouth and placed it on a napkin. Reaching out for her other drink, she took another sip of her Daiquiri, allowing it to wash away some of the residue from the tequila. Then sat back again, repeating her manoeuvre with the salt on her hand, and preparing a fresh slice of lemon.

"Round two," She repeated after him with a grin, before repeating her previous actions of knocking back the shot, licking the salt off her wrist and sucking the lemon. The tequila burned just as much the second time round as it had the first, she popped the lemon out of her mouth. Coughing a little, she laughed looking up at Aven, before collecting herself. "Easy," She lied, it had been easy, not really. But she wasn't going to admit that, this was a game of will after all. One she had no intention of losing.

Aven Alveron

Character Sheet

Post by Aven Alveron on Mon 17 Sep - 16:43:57

The competition was heating up, as no sooner had Aven finished his shot, Nessa took her second in stride, following the same strategy she had before, and using the Daiquiri to wash the burn away like him. A small voice in the back of his head told him that maybe it was better to stop: after all, Tequila was a very strong beverage, and it would be hitting her soon. If he took another drink, she'd take the third; it was obvious from the determined look on her face. A louder voice, however, echoed forth, one he hadn't heard in a while, But you have to win! It was loud in his subconscious, and without thinking, he took the second shot, no strategy this time, then a few gulp of Daiquiri to wash it down. He could feel the effects of the alcohol starting to root in his body, subtle, but there. He supposed they'd already started, and it wasn't a dangerous amount of alcohol anyway, not for wizards like Nessa and him. Wizards bodies become naturally stronger as they grow, after all, that would contribute to alcohol tolerance and liver function, right?

With each of their final shots on the table, Aven picked his up, and raised it to meet Nessa's. "On three?"

Nessa Cordelia Lux

Character Sheet

Post by Nessa Cordelia Lux on Mon 17 Sep - 16:58:29

She grinned at his determined motion of taking his second short, confident and smoothly. Then between hem remained the last she watched as he picked it up. Suggesting that they do it together she nodded. Picking up hers, she began to count with him. ”One, two, three!” She brought the shot to her mouth once again, no salt or lemon this time just the shot. It’s beutal flavour seared her tongue, making her want to gag. She swallowed it quickly, fanning herself and doing a little shuffle with her feet. She gasped, taking a beeath, she could smell the tequila lingering. Feeling a small warmth over her, they were startinng to have a small affect on her body. That was only after a few minutes, she wondered how she would be in ten. She also wondered how Aven would be, she couldnt help but grin as she tried to imagine what drunk Aven was lile. A little part of her really wanted to see it.

She took a hearty gulp of her Daiquiri in order to recover fully, licking her lips, she looked at the drink, realising she had already consimed over two thirds of her cocktail. That was most likely due to the washing back of the shots. She looked at Aven, a cheeky grin on her lips, ”How you feeing fella?” She asked, her violet eyes watching for his reaction.

Aven Alveron

Character Sheet

Post by Aven Alveron on Mon 17 Sep - 17:11:12

Aven downed his shot on three, draining it straight down his throat, then immediately turning to his Daiquiri and draining the rest of that, too. Tequila really did taste awful, and next time, he was choosing the drink. Maybe a nice spiced rum, mixed with hot apple cider. On the topic of warmth, his quick metabolism was a bit of a curse in this case, as the alcohol surged through him, and he started to feel fuzzy. However, determined to keep his composure, Aven smiled like normal. "Quite well, though very hungry. I could definitely use some steak." Never show weakness. He wondered why that phrase was wandering through his head again, it'd been years since he'd been home and heard that. Odd.

The waitress, luckily, had their food in short order, and Aven began to dig in. His mannerisms, however, were off, in that, instead of his usual posture and careful eating, he was digging in with vigor, only stopping in between either to talk or drink. "So, Nessa, you said you were working on becoming a Wizard Saint: was that in jest, or are you considering it? I've set my current goal there, myself." The words just seemed to ebb out, and his word choice was beginning to suffer.

Nessa Cordelia Lux

Character Sheet

Post by Nessa Cordelia Lux on Mon 17 Sep - 17:28:51

Nessa tilted her head, listening to his response, that was no surprise that has pretty much come straight from a job. It would’ve been a while since he’d eaten. Nessa wasn’t especially hungry but she could it. Although after having tthrwe straights of tequila her gut was feeling slightly offset. She would just need a moment for her body to re-adjust and she would be fine. ”Glad to hear it,” She said, trying to look for any tale-tell signa that the alcohol was working. She for the most part could feel the warmth slowly spread through her body, making her feel as though she was tingling slightly.

After a moment the waitress reappeared with their meal, placign a juicy steak in front of Aven and three small plates of various tapas dishes in front lf Nessa. Nessa thanked the waitress before pickingn up a fork, and scooping a bite of Potatas Bravas into her mouth. It was hot, but still so good, the way it crunched in her mouth, the soft potato inside mixing with the lightly spiced sauce. Maybe it was cause she’d had a drink but, it tasted especially good tonight. She chewed as Aven addressed her joke, raising her brows, she swallowed ber bite.

”Oh i mean, I don’t know. I could definitely see you doing that, I suppose if one day I became strong enough maybe, but I feel like that’s so far out of reach right now. I still have a lot to work on, for example did a job with this guy from the West Fiore Trading Company. I think you’ve met actually, his name is Johann. His magic was so impressive, like I haven’t seen magic like that before. It was something else, worlds above anything I could do.” She told him earnestly, ”It really put into perspective how much better I wanna be you know, although I don’t know about you but I definitely feel like I’ve got better since joing Fairy Tail. Especially with the whole Valkyrie Summoning thing under my belt now.”

Aven Alveron

Character Sheet

Post by Aven Alveron on Mon 17 Sep - 17:55:01

Aven almost choked on a hunk of steak, having to take a drink of the water the the Waitress had just set down in front of him to wash it down, pounding his chest. "Valkyrie Summoning? Since when were you a Summoner, Nessa?!" Summoning magics weren't something that happened overnight, they were normally contracted down through bloodlines or earned through very specific tasks. Had she just never used it in front of him? Valkyrie... they were a type of Angelic being, associated with a Northern Pantheon. There were many alleged sightings within the past fifty years, if his memory served, but nothing concrete about their confirmed existence, mostly relegated to the annals of the many hallucinations experienced when a soldier dies on blood loss on the battlefield.

The offhand comment had almost made him forget completely about her mention of Johann. His mind a a bit hazy now from the shots, but he couldn't forget the strapping older man. Johann had been the very model of a duelist, with power and precision very much like his Mother. In fact, looking back,it may have been the respect he holds for his Mother that had carried over to Johann.

Nessa Cordelia Lux

Character Sheet

Post by Nessa Cordelia Lux on Mon 17 Sep - 18:14:58

Aven’s sudden reaction to her Valkyrie Summoning remark made Nessa jump in her seat slightly. She has a piece of beef empanada on her fork that she had almost bit into when he had nearly choked on his steak. Nessa lowered her fork, the surprise on her face followed by a slow look of realisation, when it occured to her that she had forgotten to tell Aven about the incident at the waterfall. Her cheeks flushed slightly and she brought her free hand up to her silver hair, twiddling a loose strand as she began to awkwardly explain herself.

”Umm, like two and a half weeks ago I suppose. I’m sorry, I wanted to tell you sooner, I’ve just been so busy I forgot. You see, I was out for a walk with Arielle and suddenly this Valkyrie fell from the sky and landed in this pond in front of me. So I kinda jumped in and saved her, Arielle used his healing magic on her, as a thanks she took us to Valhalla where I got to meet her sisters.” The more she spoke the less awkward she felt and the more animated she became; it had been a pretty exciting experience after all. She was glad she was able to tell him about it, admittedly whenever something good happened to her, Aven was one of the first people she wanted to tell.

”Honestly Aven, it really is incredible there, and these Valkyries; they’re just so beautiful and mystical, like something out of a story book you know. Anyway, I guess they took a liking to me or something cause they decided to make a contract with me, so now I can summon then and in exchange I help them with a certain matter. Boy was that a painful experience, the contract I mean. It took me an entire week to recover from the changes to my body but I’ve pretty much got the swing of it by now.” She told him happily, before bringing the beef empanada to her lips and taking a bite.

Aven Alveron

Character Sheet

Post by Aven Alveron on Mon 17 Sep - 18:36:39

Aven was a bit shocked by the sudden announcement, of course, but it made sense: he'd sensed a different in her magic presence in the last while, so that explained it perfectly. There was a slight golden shimmer behind Aven as she spoke about the Valkyrie, though he didn't notice. He did wonder... could he go there? His instincts were tingling, as a magic researcher, there were so many thing he could learn by visiting a mythical place like Valhalla: they may even know lost magics he could incorporate into his Circle Magic. Her excitement was contagious, and he found himself becoming more and more giddy along with her. "It's alright, you don't need to tell me everything all the time. Can you take me there: to Valhalla, I mean? There's probably tons of knowledge to be gained, magics to be explored in Valhalla, I'd love to see it!" He paused a moment, briefly astonished that he'd just asked exactly what he'd been thinking. Was he... actually drunk? No, not from that amount of alcohol, he'd had much more and been completely fine before.

Nessa Cordelia Lux

Character Sheet

Post by Nessa Cordelia Lux Yesterday at 10:44:52

Nessa was pleased that Aven was upset with her for not telling him about it, living the life of a mage sure was lively. Things tended to fly by so speedily that it was easy to loose track of yourself, Nessa had barely had any downtime since joining Fairy Tail. But she didn't mind it so much, she loved living a fast life, like an ongoing adventure that never ended. Nor was she phased by his enthusiasm about visiting Valhalla, She didn't blame him for wanting to see it. What other opportunities did you get to see an completely different plane of existence.

"Sure, we can go whenever you like. I'm sure the Valykries would like to meet you." She told him, she reached over and dug her fork into a seasoned prawn before proceeding to take a bite. Looking at him while chewing for a moment, a small rise on thr corner of her lips. She reached over and took a sip of her drink, swallowing it down before addressing him. "You know though, I have to warn you, the Valkyries can be a little bit...wild. I wouldn't want to overwhelm you." She said, still partially teasing, "That reminds me, Shall we get two more cocktails or do you want just cool it for now?" She asked with a grin, even distracting her with Valkyrie talk hadn't allowed her to forget the 'challenge' they were involved in, at least not yet. Also now that she was feeling a little on the merry side, her inhibitions and concerns were quickly floating away.

Current date/time is Wed 19 Sep - 0:04:13