Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

I've been drinking, I've been drinking [Aven]

Nessa Cordelia Lux
    Nessa Cordelia Lux

Starlight Maiden

Starlight Maiden

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Main Account- God VIP Status- Dragon VIP Status- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Rising Star- Custom Slayer- Neutral Guild Ace- Z-Rank- Y-Rank- X-Rank- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- EXP Grinder- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Teaming Up!- Limited Edition- Hired Help- Idolize- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Over Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Obligatory Beach Episode- Shipped- Sticking Around- Dank Memer- Fan Artist- Taskmaster- Halloween gfx'ers- Halloween Social- Halloween job event participant - Haiku Contest Participant- Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Supreme Grand Master [5000]- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 1st Place Event/Contest Winner- 2nd Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Summer Special Donor- Summer Special Participant- Have Seijin On Your Friends List- Have Onida On Your Friend's List- Have an Admin as a friend!- Have aeluri On Your Friend's List- Best GFX Artist Award- Player 
    Lineage : Vassal of the Cosmos
    Position : None
    Guild : Fairy Tail
    Cosmic Coins : 145
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 26,209

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Starlight Maiden
    Second Magic: Valkyrie Summoner
    Third Magic: Moon Goddess Slayer

I've been drinking, I've been drinking [Aven] Empty I've been drinking, I've been drinking [Aven]

Post by Nessa Cordelia Lux 13th September 2018, 4:39 pm

I've been drinking, I've been drinking [Aven] Nes46I've been drinking, I've been drinking [Aven] Nes46I've been drinking, I've been drinking [Aven] Nes46

Nessa was strolling along next to Aven through the streets of Magnolia. The two of them had just finished a job together, and were in the process of winding down for the day. The streets were quieting down the for the evening, and the road was pathed with the lights emanating from restaurants and taverns. Nessa peeked through the window of a lively bar, "Hey, this place is pretty good, I've been here before with my family." She told him, they had been perusing for a while and it seemed like one of the better choices for the night.
    She just hoped it was suited to Aven's tastes, she had seen the food the guy was used to and it was a little... higher standard than this place. But the atmosphere was nice and the service was good.

Nessa headed over to the entrance, pushing it open, they were immediately hit with the noise of a place filled with happy customers and bustling waiters. Chattering away noisily along to the live music playing on the far side. Nessa looked back at Aven with an excited grin before stepping inside. A petite blonde walked over to them, she recognised Nessa as a local customer and offered her a friendly smile, "Table for two?" She asked, earning a nod from Nessa. The waitress led them over two a table in the centre of the room, before offering them each a set of menus. "We've got a offer on tonight, two for one on cocktails if you’re interested." Nessa glanced over at Aven eagerly, "Ooh that's sounds good, I'd could really go for a Daiquiri right now? How about you?" She asked her fellow guildmate and team member.

I've been drinking, I've been drinking [Aven] Av47I've been drinking, I've been drinking [Aven] Av47I've been drinking, I've been drinking [Aven] Av47

_____________________________________________________________________________________

I've been drinking, I've been drinking [Aven] 60582_s

Aven Alveron
    Aven Alveron

1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Dark Matter Ascendant
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Experience : 1,644,378

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Circle Magic.
    Second Magic: Dark Matter Transcendency.
    Third Magic: Dark Matter Ascendancy.

I've been drinking, I've been drinking [Aven] Empty Re: I've been drinking, I've been drinking [Aven]

Post by Aven Alveron 17th September 2018, 12:35 pm

Aven strolled along, a few feet beside Nessa was she led him through the streets. The night life of Magnolia was a sight to behold, and as a celebration of their latest job well done, the duo was hitting the town. Nessa'd said she had a few places in mind, and sure enough, within the span of ten minutes, they'd reached their destination, a small bar in the middle of the shopping district: inside, magical lights created a bright, lively ambiance, coupled with the noise to make it quite possibly the loudest establishment Aven had ever entered, but enter he did, following Nessa's lead, matching her smile. "No reason to dally, let's go!"

After a long day of wizarding, one of Aven favorite hobbies was to eat until he couldn't eat any more. Magic had a way of burning calories, after all, and it was important to stay in top shape to continue growing stronger, a lesson he'd learned very early on in his life. Their table was small, of course, but it would do. His eyes scanned the cracks in the wood, it was obvious many a patron had been rowdy in the very seat he was in, evident from every nook and cranny of the place. To be frank, it wasn't his style of restaurant, but Nessa was so excited that it didn't matter much to him: plus, it was nice to take a break from the snobby gossip of high society, especially if it were to make Nessa uncomfortable. That was the primary reason he'd asked her to pick out a spot to eat.

The meal took a quikc, unexpected turn, however: Drinks? Come to think of it, he was slightly parched, and a daiquiri did sound nice... Eh, what the heck, it was a celebration! He smiled brightly at the waitress, holding up two fingers. "Two Daiquiri's, please." As the waitress jotted down the order and whisked away to handle her other, less amicable patrons, Aven relaxed in his chair. "I didn't know you were a fan of drinking, Nessa?" His smile turned into a soft grin. "I don't suppose you'd be having any but the Daiquiri, correct? You don't strike me as the heavy drinker type."

_____________________________________________________________________________________

I've been drinking, I've been drinking [Aven] Aven_Sig
    Nessa Cordelia Lux
    Nessa Cordelia Lux

Starlight Maiden

Starlight Maiden

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Main Account- God VIP Status- Dragon VIP Status- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Rising Star- Custom Slayer- Neutral Guild Ace- Z-Rank- Y-Rank- X-Rank- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- EXP Grinder- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Teaming Up!- Limited Edition- Hired Help- Idolize- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Over Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Obligatory Beach Episode- Shipped- Sticking Around- Dank Memer- Fan Artist- Taskmaster- Halloween gfx'ers- Halloween Social- Halloween job event participant - Haiku Contest Participant- Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Supreme Grand Master [5000]- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 1st Place Event/Contest Winner- 2nd Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Summer Special Donor- Summer Special Participant- Have Seijin On Your Friends List- Have Onida On Your Friend's List- Have an Admin as a friend!- Have aeluri On Your Friend's List- Best GFX Artist Award- Player 

Character Sheet

I've been drinking, I've been drinking [Aven] Empty Re: I've been drinking, I've been drinking [Aven]

Post by Nessa Cordelia Lux 17th September 2018, 12:52 pm

I've been drinking, I've been drinking [Aven] Nes46I've been drinking, I've been drinking [Aven] Nes46I've been drinking, I've been drinking [Aven] Nes46

The waitress smiled, nodding at their ordering before leaving the table, and going to handle other orders. Nessa did a little happy clap, before skimming over the food menu in front of her, she wasn't feeling especially hungry. But if they were going to drink, she would need to at least at least something. She did not want to get as drunk as she did a little while ago, that had been the hangover from hell, not to mention all the other stuff. No, just a quiet drink with Aven over a meal, that would be fine right? Besides they worked hard, if anything they deserved it.

"I don't really fancy anything heavy, might just get a little tapas to pick at." She told Aven casually, "What are you in the mood for?" Nessa asked, looking over the top of her menu at him. After a second glance, Nessa placed her menu down on the table. Proceeding to glance over at the band that were crooning away, a keyboard player, a bass player, a singer with a guitar and a drummer. It was nice, upbeat melody, they were clearly a very talented band. Her attention was drawn back when Aven addressed her, as she listened to his words, her eyes narrowed slightly. She bit the inside of her cheek, This guy... She thought. She knew he was teasing her, she couldn't help herself, she wanted to bite back.

"Excuse me. Mr Alveron, but that's very presumptuous of you." She began, sitting back in her seat, she smirked a little. "I handle my drink just fine actually, so I'll have whatever I feel like. Although, You don't exactly look like a heavy drinker yourself. Couple of champagnes here and there maybe? You probably wouldn't be able to keep up." She retorted challengingly. She couldn't help herself, he just knew how to egg her on, so she wanted to return in kind. It probably wouldn't amount to anything than a little banter so, it was harmless surely.

I've been drinking, I've been drinking [Aven] Av47I've been drinking, I've been drinking [Aven] Av47I've been drinking, I've been drinking [Aven] Av47

Aven Alveron
    Aven Alveron

Character Sheet

Post by Aven Alveron 17th September 2018, 1:09 pm

Aven grin became a smirk, almost unconsciously. A few drinks of champagne, hm? Among high society, the Alverons had famously iron stomachs, as it'd always been, according to his Mother. It'd only been a small prod from him that'd started it, but he felt the surge of a competition growing across the table. With the swelling music, he leaned forward, resting his hands on the table. "Perhaps it was a bit presumptuous, but you should know my family is infamous for drinking others under the table. That wouldn't happen to be a challenge, now would it?" All in good fun, of course, but his competitive side was slowly creeping forward, and the smirk widened, a rare expression forming on Aven's face: cockiness.

It wasn't ill-founded, not to his own mind at least. His mother had a staunch reputation, even within the Military, of never losing a drinking match. The severity of her insistence that being a woman made her no less capable of leading her army led to a quick conquest and subsequent domination of her subordinates in victory celebrations, and in fact, it had earned her a title that was whispered only in the safest of corners, away from any hope of her keen ears catching it: The Iron Keg.

Nessa Cordelia Lux
    Nessa Cordelia Lux

Starlight Maiden

Starlight Maiden

Character Sheet

Post by Nessa Cordelia Lux 17th September 2018, 1:24 pm

Nessa saw his smirk, sitting up a little, she could feel that air between them grow a little tenser. Not in a bad way, just in the way that it did when two good friends fell into competition. It certainly felt like it was going that way. She listened to him for a moment, and did a little put on eye roll at his mention about how his family were famous for have strong drinking constitutions. She couldn't help herself, it was always so fun to see Aven get competitive, like they did on jobs together. It was just part of the dynamic between them.

The waitress returning with their Daiquiri's, "Are you ready to order food?" She asked, Nessa ordered one of the tapas sets, before waiting for Aven to place his order. The waitress picked up the menus and made to walk away, but Nessa leaned over quickly to add. "Can we also have three shots of tequila, lemon and salt." She asked, the waitress glanced between the two of them for a moment, before nodding and turning. Nessa brought her eyes back to Aven with a mischievous grin on her face. "I believe that answers your question." She told him.

It may have been a really, really bad idea, but it wasn't like they were in a different town. Have a few drinks, prove Aven wrong, then head home to recover. It wouldn't be so bad, she had snuck back in after a handful of parties before. Besides, she was of drinking age so why did it matter, her father would be fine. This night would be fine. She couldn't imagine it going wrong really, besides she really, really wanted to prove Aven wrong on this one. She could handle herself, she just need to pace it right. Last time she had been reckless, drinking things she hadn't tried before. Sticking with what she knew would help, at least this is what she had managed to convinced herself.

I've been drinking, I've been drinking [Aven] Av21I've been drinking, I've been drinking [Aven] Av21I've been drinking, I've been drinking [Aven] Av21

Aven Alveron
    Aven Alveron

Character Sheet

Post by Aven Alveron 17th September 2018, 1:51 pm

As the air grew tense, Aven ordered a large cut of steak, but his eyebrows raised as Nessa cemented the challenge with a grin. Aven returned the expression, though he wasn't going to let her get the upper hand so easily by picking the drink and being done with it. Before the waitress could leave, he signaled her attention with a short wave. "Let's make that six shots, if you'd be so kind." He cocked an eyebrow at Nessa; sure, she picked the drink, but he could pick the quantity. Drinking games were also mind games, and he was no stranger to those.

The waitress left briefly, before returning with the aforementioned alcohol: there were three shots placed in front of each of them, along with a Daiquiri for both, the waitress giving a small grin as she walked away, keeping her eyes on the pair, obviously amused and not believing either of them capable. Aven picked up the first shot, swirling it around. "Tequila, huh? You're full of surprises tonight, Nessa; I suppose next you're going to tell me you're actually a Wizard Saint!" He grinned, setting the shot down and taking a sip of his Daiqiri.

Nessa Cordelia Lux
    Nessa Cordelia Lux

Starlight Maiden

Starlight Maiden

Character Sheet

Post by Nessa Cordelia Lux 17th September 2018, 2:08 pm

Nessa grinned as he amended her drinks order, obviously catching onto her odd number of drinks. She had planned on snagging the third one for herself just to show him up, but good ol' Aven was too quick for that. She sat back in her seat, "I hope you know what your getting into." She told him with a grin, she wasn't going to back down, not from this. After a few moments the waitress returned with their drinks, placing them in front of the pair. Nessa eyed the three shots in front of her, placed neatly in a row. Next to a bowl of lemons slices and a little salt shaker.

Picking up her Daiquiri, she took a sip. Enjoying the fruity cool flavour, a Daiquiri was one of those alcoholic beverages you could forget was alcohol. Based on the fruity flavour and the slushy texture. Tequila on the other hand... was not. She glanced over at Aven as he spoke, she grinned at him, "I'm working on it..." She told him with a wink, it was a joke of course. She doubted she would ever been strong enough to be a wizard saint, not like Sorano. To have that much power...it just seemed like something out of her reach. That was fine though, she was happy as long as her magic was useful and helpful. That was the point after all, of her being a mage.

Nessa placed her Daiquiri down on the table, reaching forward she grabbed the salt and sprinkled it over the back of her left hand. Then handing the salt shaker to Aven, she took her lemon slice in one hand and shot in the other. Clinking the shot against Aven's glass, "Cheers," She said, before bringing the shot up to her lips and knocking it back. She shut her eyes, wincing a little and shaking her head as it's itself flavour coated her tongue and burned her throat. She gasped, brought quickly licking the salt off her hand and popping the lemon slice into her mouth. She quickly put the shot glass on the table and covered her mouth, letting out a muffled chuckle as she watched Aven to see how he did.

I've been drinking, I've been drinking [Aven] Av21I've been drinking, I've been drinking [Aven] Av21I've been drinking, I've been drinking [Aven] Av21

Aven Alveron
    Aven Alveron

Character Sheet

Post by Aven Alveron 17th September 2018, 2:19 pm

Aven couldn't lie to himself, he was impressed that she was actually taking the shot. She did something peculiar with salt and a lemon, what an odd combination. Aven smiled and nodded as she finished, taking it as his queue to go. Luckily, since they were using outside substances to help smooth the shot, Aven knew just how to do it. He winked, "Cheers!", before leaning down and taking a drink of his Daiquiri, but not swallowing, instead keeping it coated over his tongue, allowing it to settle near the bottom of his mouth, then downing the shot in one fell motion, the denser Daiqiri protecting his tongue, and as the stinging began in his throat, he washed a good portion of it away with the cold, delicious drink already prepared. He blinked back a few tears, his timing had been off slightly, but he'd have to right for the next shot.

Aven made solid eye contact with Nessa, a grin plain on his face, saying all that needed to be said. "Round 2?"

Nessa Cordelia Lux
    Nessa Cordelia Lux

Starlight Maiden

Starlight Maiden

Character Sheet

Post by Nessa Cordelia Lux 17th September 2018, 2:31 pm

Nessa watched the way he drank, drinking his daiquiri before taking the shot, she shook her head with a grin. Spotting the slightly watery eyes of his, yeaaah, he felt it, She thought in amusement, although he had handled it well for the most part. It just went to show how interesting this little challenge of theirs was going to be. Chuckling, she took the lemon out of her mouth and placed it on a napkin. Reaching out for her other drink, she took another sip of her Daiquiri, allowing it to wash away some of the residue from the tequila. Then sat back again, repeating her manoeuvre with the salt on her hand, and preparing a fresh slice of lemon.

"Round two," She repeated after him with a grin, before repeating her previous actions of knocking back the shot, licking the salt off her wrist and sucking the lemon. The tequila burned just as much the second time round as it had the first, she popped the lemon out of her mouth. Coughing a little, she laughed looking up at Aven, before collecting herself. "Easy," She lied, it had been easy, not really. But she wasn't going to admit that, this was a game of will after all. One she had no intention of losing.

I've been drinking, I've been drinking [Aven] Nes20I've been drinking, I've been drinking [Aven] Nes20I've been drinking, I've been drinking [Aven] Nes20

Aven Alveron
    Aven Alveron

Character Sheet

Post by Aven Alveron 17th September 2018, 2:43 pm

The competition was heating up, as no sooner had Aven finished his shot, Nessa took her second in stride, following the same strategy she had before, and using the Daiquiri to wash the burn away like him. A small voice in the back of his head told him that maybe it was better to stop: after all, Tequila was a very strong beverage, and it would be hitting her soon. If he took another drink, she'd take the third; it was obvious from the determined look on her face. A louder voice, however, echoed forth, one he hadn't heard in a while, But you have to win! It was loud in his subconscious, and without thinking, he took the second shot, no strategy this time, then a few gulp of Daiquiri to wash it down. He could feel the effects of the alcohol starting to root in his body, subtle, but there. He supposed they'd already started, and it wasn't a dangerous amount of alcohol anyway, not for wizards like Nessa and him. Wizards bodies become naturally stronger as they grow, after all, that would contribute to alcohol tolerance and liver function, right?

With each of their final shots on the table, Aven picked his up, and raised it to meet Nessa's. "On three?"

Nessa Cordelia Lux
    Nessa Cordelia Lux

Starlight Maiden

Starlight Maiden

Character Sheet

Post by Nessa Cordelia Lux 17th September 2018, 2:58 pm

She grinned at his determined motion of taking his second short, confident and smoothly. Then between hem remained the last she watched as he picked it up. Suggesting that they do it together she nodded. Picking up hers, she began to count with him. ”One, two, three!” She brought the shot to her mouth once again, no salt or lemon this time just the shot. It’s beutal flavour seared her tongue, making her want to gag. She swallowed it quickly, fanning herself and doing a little shuffle with her feet. She gasped, taking a beeath, she could smell the tequila lingering. Feeling a small warmth over her, they were startinng to have a small affect on her body. That was only after a few minutes, she wondered how she would be in ten. She also wondered how Aven would be, she couldnt help but grin as she tried to imagine what drunk Aven was lile. A little part of her really wanted to see it.

She took a hearty gulp of her Daiquiri in order to recover fully, licking her lips, she looked at the drink, realising she had already consimed over two thirds of her cocktail. That was most likely due to the washing back of the shots. She looked at Aven, a cheeky grin on her lips, ”How you feeing fella?” She asked, her violet eyes watching for his reaction.

I've been drinking, I've been drinking [Aven] Nes20I've been drinking, I've been drinking [Aven] Nes20I've been drinking, I've been drinking [Aven] Nes20

Aven Alveron
    Aven Alveron

Character Sheet

Post by Aven Alveron 17th September 2018, 3:11 pm

Aven downed his shot on three, draining it straight down his throat, then immediately turning to his Daiquiri and draining the rest of that, too. Tequila really did taste awful, and next time, he was choosing the drink. Maybe a nice spiced rum, mixed with hot apple cider. On the topic of warmth, his quick metabolism was a bit of a curse in this case, as the alcohol surged through him, and he started to feel fuzzy. However, determined to keep his composure, Aven smiled like normal. "Quite well, though very hungry. I could definitely use some steak." Never show weakness. He wondered why that phrase was wandering through his head again, it'd been years since he'd been home and heard that. Odd.

The waitress, luckily, had their food in short order, and Aven began to dig in. His mannerisms, however, were off, in that, instead of his usual posture and careful eating, he was digging in with vigor, only stopping in between either to talk or drink. "So, Nessa, you said you were working on becoming a Wizard Saint: was that in jest, or are you considering it? I've set my current goal there, myself." The words just seemed to ebb out, and his word choice was beginning to suffer.

Nessa Cordelia Lux
    Nessa Cordelia Lux

Starlight Maiden

Starlight Maiden

Character Sheet

Post by Nessa Cordelia Lux 17th September 2018, 3:28 pm

Nessa tilted her head, listening to his response, that was no surprise that has pretty much come straight from a job. It would’ve been a while since he’d eaten. Nessa wasn’t especially hungry but she could it. Although after having tthrwe straights of tequila her gut was feeling slightly offset. She would just need a moment for her body to re-adjust and she would be fine. ”Glad to hear it,” She said, trying to look for any tale-tell signa that the alcohol was working. She for the most part could feel the warmth slowly spread through her body, making her feel as though she was tingling slightly.

After a moment the waitress reappeared with their meal, placign a juicy steak in front of Aven and three small plates of various tapas dishes in front lf Nessa. Nessa thanked the waitress before pickingn up a fork, and scooping a bite of Potatas Bravas into her mouth. It was hot, but still so good, the way it crunched in her mouth, the soft potato inside mixing with the lightly spiced sauce. Maybe it was cause she’d had a drink but, it tasted especially good tonight. She chewed as Aven addressed her joke, raising her brows, she swallowed ber bite.

”Oh i mean, I don’t know. I could definitely see you doing that, I suppose if one day I became strong enough maybe, but I feel like that’s so far out of reach right now. I still have a lot to work on, for example did a job with this guy from the West Fiore Trading Company. I think you’ve met actually, his name is Johann. His magic was so impressive, like I haven’t seen magic like that before. It was something else, worlds above anything I could do.” She told him earnestly, ”It really put into perspective how much better I wanna be you know, although I don’t know about you but I definitely feel like I’ve got better since joing Fairy Tail. Especially with the whole Valkyrie Summoning thing under my belt now.”

I've been drinking, I've been drinking [Aven] Av26I've been drinking, I've been drinking [Aven] Av26I've been drinking, I've been drinking [Aven] Av26

Aven Alveron
    Aven Alveron

Character Sheet

Post by Aven Alveron 17th September 2018, 3:55 pm

Aven almost choked on a hunk of steak, having to take a drink of the water the the Waitress had just set down in front of him to wash it down, pounding his chest. "Valkyrie Summoning? Since when were you a Summoner, Nessa?!" Summoning magics weren't something that happened overnight, they were normally contracted down through bloodlines or earned through very specific tasks. Had she just never used it in front of him? Valkyrie... they were a type of Angelic being, associated with a Northern Pantheon. There were many alleged sightings within the past fifty years, if his memory served, but nothing concrete about their confirmed existence, mostly relegated to the annals of the many hallucinations experienced when a soldier dies on blood loss on the battlefield.

The offhand comment had almost made him forget completely about her mention of Johann. His mind a a bit hazy now from the shots, but he couldn't forget the strapping older man. Johann had been the very model of a duelist, with power and precision very much like his Mother. In fact, looking back,it may have been the respect he holds for his Mother that had carried over to Johann.

Nessa Cordelia Lux
    Nessa Cordelia Lux

Starlight Maiden

Starlight Maiden

Character Sheet

Post by Nessa Cordelia Lux 17th September 2018, 4:14 pm

Aven’s sudden reaction to her Valkyrie Summoning remark made Nessa jump in her seat slightly. She has a piece of beef empanada on her fork that she had almost bit into when he had nearly choked on his steak. Nessa lowered her fork, the surprise on her face followed by a slow look of realisation, when it occured to her that she had forgotten to tell Aven about the incident at the waterfall. Her cheeks flushed slightly and she brought her free hand up to her silver hair, twiddling a loose strand as she began to awkwardly explain herself.

”Umm, like two and a half weeks ago I suppose. I’m sorry, I wanted to tell you sooner, I’ve just been so busy I forgot. You see, I was out for a walk with Arielle and suddenly this Valkyrie fell from the sky and landed in this pond in front of me. So I kinda jumped in and saved her, Arielle used his healing magic on her, as a thanks she took us to Valhalla where I got to meet her sisters.” The more she spoke the less awkward she felt and the more animated she became; it had been a pretty exciting experience after all. She was glad she was able to tell him about it, admittedly whenever something good happened to her, Aven was one of the first people she wanted to tell.

”Honestly Aven, it really is incredible there, and these Valkyries; they’re just so beautiful and mystical, like something out of a story book you know. Anyway, I guess they took a liking to me or something cause they decided to make a contract with me, so now I can summon then and in exchange I help them with a certain matter. Boy was that a painful experience, the contract I mean. It took me an entire week to recover from the changes to my body but I’ve pretty much got the swing of it by now.” She told him happily, before bringing the beef empanada to her lips and taking a bite.

I've been drinking, I've been drinking [Aven] Av26I've been drinking, I've been drinking [Aven] Av26I've been drinking, I've been drinking [Aven] Av26

Aven Alveron
    Aven Alveron

Character Sheet

Post by Aven Alveron 17th September 2018, 4:36 pm

Aven was a bit shocked by the sudden announcement, of course, but it made sense: he'd sensed a different in her magic presence in the last while, so that explained it perfectly. There was a slight golden shimmer behind Aven as she spoke about the Valkyrie, though he didn't notice. He did wonder... could he go there? His instincts were tingling, as a magic researcher, there were so many thing he could learn by visiting a mythical place like Valhalla: they may even know lost magics he could incorporate into his Circle Magic. Her excitement was contagious, and he found himself becoming more and more giddy along with her. "It's alright, you don't need to tell me everything all the time. Can you take me there: to Valhalla, I mean? There's probably tons of knowledge to be gained, magics to be explored in Valhalla, I'd love to see it!" He paused a moment, briefly astonished that he'd just asked exactly what he'd been thinking. Was he... actually drunk? No, not from that amount of alcohol, he'd had much more and been completely fine before.

Nessa Cordelia Lux
    Nessa Cordelia Lux

Starlight Maiden

Starlight Maiden

Character Sheet

Post by Nessa Cordelia Lux 18th September 2018, 8:44 am

Nessa was pleased that Aven was upset with her for not telling him about it, living the life of a mage sure was lively. Things tended to fly by so speedily that it was easy to loose track of yourself, Nessa had barely had any downtime since joining Fairy Tail. But she didn't mind it so much, she loved living a fast life, like an ongoing adventure that never ended. Nor was she phased by his enthusiasm about visiting Valhalla, She didn't blame him for wanting to see it. What other opportunities did you get to see an completely different plane of existence.

"Sure, we can go whenever you like. I'm sure the Valykries would like to meet you." She told him, she reached over and dug her fork into a seasoned prawn before proceeding to take a bite. Looking at him while chewing for a moment, a small rise on thr corner of her lips. She reached over and took a sip of her drink, swallowing it down before addressing him. "You know though, I have to warn you, the Valkyries can be a little bit...wild. I wouldn't want to overwhelm you." She said, still partially teasing, "That reminds me, Shall we get two more cocktails or do you want just cool it for now?" She asked with a grin, even distracting her with Valkyrie talk hadn't allowed her to forget the 'challenge' they were involved in, at least not yet. Also now that she was feeling a little on the merry side, her inhibitions and concerns were quickly floating away.
    I've been drinking, I've been drinking [Aven] Av13I've been drinking, I've been drinking [Aven] Av13I've been drinking, I've been drinking [Aven] Av13

Last edited by Nessa Cordelia Lux on 20th September 2018, 11:37 am; edited 1 time in total

Aven Alveron
    Aven Alveron

Character Sheet

Post by Aven Alveron 20th September 2018, 10:35 am

What did she mean, the Valkyrie were on the 'wild side'? Weren't they a bit like angels? He supposed they were more like angels of war, and also part of a different pantheon, so there were bound to be differences in their mannerisms. He wondered, had Aviel ever met a Valkyrie? The next time the two spoke, he'd ask him. He dug further into his food, the buzz rising in his head as his expression became slightly harder, almost more commanding. Swallowing, he shook his head. "We can continue our match later, I'd like to meet these friends of yours. After all, they'll be part of Radiant Light, same as you and I, right?" He was just sober enough to keep his sentences and grammar intact, any more and he feared he'd lose his grip on his tongue, and that could be disasterous. "How about we leave after our food?" He followed the question with a large bite of his steak, almost three quarters the way through it.

Nessa Cordelia Lux
    Nessa Cordelia Lux

Starlight Maiden

Starlight Maiden

Character Sheet

Post by Nessa Cordelia Lux 20th September 2018, 1:25 pm

Nessa nodded, "Umm, I guess so yeah." She answered, not really sure if it worked that way seeing as they weren't members of Fairy Tail. But they were like a part of her now, so maybe he was right. She grinned smugly, wondering if the drink was getting to much for him so soon, not that she wasn't feeling it. But still, she felt like she could go on if she wanted to. At least at this point she felt like that, a few more shots and she would definitely struggle to maintain any of her composure. She nodded at his comment, picked up her fork, she began to pick at the remainder of her meal. Finishing off at least three quarters of it, although she didn't feel like eating it all. Especially not after three shots of tequila, her stumble with feeling a little unsettled. She looked up at him, "Ready?" She asked with a smile after wiping her mouth with a napkin. "We should probably head outside for a moment, It might be a bit odd to do it in here." She told him, placing down her share of the jewels for the meal plus tip.

Standing, she made her way out of the bar, leading him outside, as she stepped through the front door again, she felt the cool air hit her face. She wobbled a little as she felt the force of the alcohol she had consumed, before giggling and turning to Aven. She held out her right arms, there was a paused before the Norse symbol on the back of her neck began to glow with light. The air in front of her open palm began to ripple and distorted, slowly growing until it was bigger than Nessa. She glanced back at Aven with a grin, leaning over and taking his hand in hers. "Let's go!" She said eagerly before stepping inside the portal.

I've been drinking, I've been drinking [Aven] Av13I've been drinking, I've been drinking [Aven] Av13I've been drinking, I've been drinking [Aven] Av13

Aven Alveron
    Aven Alveron

Character Sheet

Post by Aven Alveron 26th September 2018, 2:37 pm

Aven finished his food swiftly, cleaning the corners of his mouth, before he stood and stretched his back, getting a feel for his feet. "Of course, lead the way." His eyes caught that she was paying for her meal, and he smiled lightly to himself, placing his own payment next to hers, along with a generous tip. The waitress had put up with them, after all; it was only fitting to give her adequate compensation. He leaned back and forth a few times on his heels, gauging his center of gravity: it swayed as he moved, a sure sign of inebriation. He'd have to adjust his gait to keep posture, a small annoyance, if he was honest. It was one of the reasons he didn't often drink, it loosened one's composure, and could lead to many unfortunate mishaps. A line popped into his head, which made him chuckle: Be good, and if not, be smart.

Following Nessa outside, Aven found his walk less than satisfactory, his balance threatening to betray him. Something was definitely off about how drunk he was, but he wasn't in the frame of mind to properly analyse is. It certainly wasn't poison, he would have detected that, but three shots of tequila and a daiquiri wouldn't normally faze him. A subject for a more sober time, perhaps, as Nessa giggled and prepared a spacial magic, opening a portal to a much brighter area. It was evening in Magnolia, but light shone through the rip in space-time that indicated a more cheery hour. If it was an ascendant realm, he supposed it made sense that the times wouldn't correspond: perhaps, it was never dusk in Valhalla? Before he could ponder further, he was dragged straight through the portal with surprising strength. His eyes widened briefly, Since when was Nessa so strong?

Nessa Cordelia Lux
    Nessa Cordelia Lux

Starlight Maiden

Starlight Maiden

Character Sheet

Post by Nessa Cordelia Lux 27th September 2018, 3:10 am

Nessa stepped through the portal, taking a deep breath as she stepped into the astral place, taking in it's rich clean air. She looked over to the skies, glowing with the beautiful vision of a picturesque sunset. Admiring it for a moment before glancing back over at Aven with a smile, it was a similar sight to the sunset they watched at his house. "Beautiful isn't it?" She said softly, leading him along the cloudy path, giving him the time to take it all it, the sight of wind  path of endless clouds, stepping along a mossy path, a trial of pretty flowers sprouting along the path, blooming with a parade of colours the further they walked . Nessa frowned, that's new... She thought, wondering why she hadn't noticed that before. Was there a reason for this mystical display?  

As she got closer to the grand white castle that was Odin's hall, she wondered if the Valkyrie's knew they were coming, she bit her lip nervously. Suddenly aware she was still holding Aven's hand, she quickly let go as they reached the wooden white door. She sighed nervously, before knocking three times. She swayed slightly on the spot, there was brief moment of silence. Before the door slowly creaked open, Nessa felt her stomach drop as she was met with the gaze of a certain blue haired Valkyrie. The last person she had hoped would open the door was Scythen, Nessa instantly felt the sensation of dread seep into her. A side effect of being too close to the Valkyrie of Death. "Well if it isn't the lovely Nessa Lux," She said, her eerie glowing pupil-less eyes gliding over to Aven, her face splitting into a delighted grin. Although Scythen was undoubtedly a beautiful being, the sight of her smile was enough to send a chill down Nessa's spine. The Valkyrie's hungry eyes trialled up and down Aven, taking in the sight of him. "And you must be Aven… I was hoping Nessa Lux would be bringing you by,"

I've been drinking, I've been drinking [Aven] Nes25I've been drinking, I've been drinking [Aven] Nes25I've been drinking, I've been drinking [Aven] Nes25

Last edited by Nessa Cordelia Lux on 28th September 2018, 8:08 am; edited 1 time in total

Aven Alveron
    Aven Alveron

Character Sheet

Post by Aven Alveron 27th September 2018, 4:32 pm

As Aven crossed the threshold, his breath caught, stuck fast in his throat: before him stretched a sight so familiar, he knew it at glance. The sunset he'd watched every night, that he'd longed to reach out and touch, was seemingly all around him, as though he were walking through it. The clouds radiated it's golden hue, and flowers lined the mossy path to further the beauty of the scene. His eyes wandered in awe as they walked along, his tongue unable to form words.

Aven was so transfixed, he didn't even realize Nessa and him were holding hands until she abruptly let go, their nearing to the pearly white Caste in the foreground of the area. Aven's wondrous stupor broke, and he glanced over at Nessa, to see that she was... worried? That was odd, surely, she was welcome here. Perhaps, he wasn't? A sudden feeling of guilt washed over him, had he made an outrageous request of Nessa? Her gentle rap on the door confirmed at least part of his suspicion, she was definitely nervous about something. Little did he know, in a moment's time, he would find out his companion's hesitance was not unfounded. The door opened, and his senses were blurred with malevolence. It was unlike anything he'd felt before, a veritable wave of negative energy that clouded his hearing and gripped at his muscles, as though it were trying to squeeze the life out of him. A voice cut through the disarray, a greeting to the two of them. It was evident that they'd been expected, but Aven could barely think about that with the strain he was under.

In an instant, the negative pressure ceased, as a third figure entered the scene, and a welcome one at that: Aven glanced back, Aviel materializing from the light of the sunset, placing a hand of both his and Nessa's shoulders as his aura met Scythen's own, the two cancelling each other out. Aviel smiled warmly at the two of them, before shooting Scythen a slightly different smile, akin to rivalry. "Scythen, it seems the years haven't dulled your bloodlust. That'll get you in trouble, one of these days."

Nessa Cordelia Lux
    Nessa Cordelia Lux

Starlight Maiden

Starlight Maiden

Character Sheet

Post by Nessa Cordelia Lux 28th September 2018, 9:32 am

Nessa followed Aven's gaze over her shoulders, eyes widening as a familiar being materialized. It was him, the beautiful angelic being they had met when she and Aven had been teleported into that other world. Her jaw dropped in surprise, she hadn't expected him to make an appearance, speaking of which, where had he even come from? Her slightly inebriated mind was feeling very boggled right now. As he greeted Scythen, she become even more shocked, They know eachother? She thought in wonder, if she had been more sober she may have been able to work out that magical beings such as themselves would of course have crossed paths. But she was tipsy, so of course it didn't.

Scythen licked her lips, "Trouble, as you know is an appetizer for myself. Speaking of food, Aviel, you are ...as delectable as ever I see." She purred, "However, as a protector of these lands it is my duty to ask, are you here of your own accord or an accompaniment of Nessa Lux here. Because you know very well, to enter Valhalla without permission is great act of blasphemy. The breaking of this law is punishable by death." Her eyes glowed slightly brighter, her demeanour more menacing, a dark energy beginning to radiate from her body. Nessa raised her hands quickly in a peaceful gesture,

"He's with me," She said in a rushed squeak, hoping to distil any animosity. Obviously she hadn't brought Aviel, but he must have come with Aven and she had brought him so she wasn't really lying. Scythen's gaze lingered on Aviel, before slowly lowering to Nessa. Nessa almost sensed the Valykries slight disappointment to have lost her excuse to fight their surprise company, but that was quickly hidden by the sickly sweet smile she offered. "Very well, do come in." She said, stepping back and opening the door wider. Nessa quickly hurried inside, wanting to introduce Aven to someone a little less scary than Scythen. Stepping into the great hall,  they had walked straight into a long rectangular room, large wooden pillars standing at over a hundred metres in height. In the centre of the great hall, was a round table at least ten metres wide all the way around, completely covered in food and drink. Seated around it, an array of different thrones. All designed with their own magnificence and detailing.

At the table was three other Valykries, Nessa smiled as she recognised them as Ellamora, Tiphanae and Elgorea. Ellamora sat in her usual golden throne, Nessa was surprised for a moment, seeing that the Starlight Valkyries wasn't wearing her armour but a long flowing navy blue gown. The fabric seemed to shimmer in the reflection of the light, it's edges sown with golden lace trimming. It was beautiful. Her face did not bare her armoured masked but instead a golden masqueraded mask, she shot Nessa a brilliant smile  from beneath it. To her right was Tiphanae, not seated but standing by the throne. The wind Valkyrie quickly approached them, offering Aven a bow before straightening up. "Welcome Aven Alveron, We have been told many great things about you." She said in a polite manner, Nessa smiled, of course she could always rely on Tiphanae to be polite and respectful.

Elgorea gasped loudly from where she was sat covering her mouth as she laid her eyes on Aviel, she stood large bat-like wings sprouting from her back, she flew across the room. Reaching out she grabbed the front of his clothes with her demon claw, and shook him. Nessa looked on in shock, Elgorea who was always very sweet and shy, never behaved so forward before.  "You....you …" She began, "Where...have you been?" She croaked out tearfully. Nessa looked on speechless, for a moment she thought Elgorea was going to attack Aviel, but to have her cry. Nessa could feel herself welling up, and glanced away, unable to stand the sight of someone crying.

I've been drinking, I've been drinking [Aven] Nes25I've been drinking, I've been drinking [Aven] Nes25I've been drinking, I've been drinking [Aven] Nes25

Aven Alveron
    Aven Alveron

Character Sheet

Post by Aven Alveron 28th September 2018, 10:49 am

Aviel chuckled, a silent appreciation for Nessa's quick thinking. It'd been an invitation by association, shaky at best by magical standards, just the kind of situation Valkyrie normally... dealt with. His means of obtaining it was sketchy, of course, magically drugging Aven's Daquiri to temporarily soothe his tolerance, but it'd done the trick. The temperature of the room, however, sat well below the boiling point, most likely due to that mark Aviel spotted on the young girl's neck: a contract with the Valkyrie, one that was currently dissuading Scythen from undermining the girl's word. It was obvious that Scythen wanted to settle the score then and there, but from the magical signatures emanating through the door, he knew full well that she'd be hard pressed to actually follow through. After all, no matter how strong Scythen was, she wouldn't fair well against Aviel and the rest of the veritable pantheon inside. Aviel smirked at Scythen. "If you want finish what we started all those years ago, we'll make time later. I'd be careful, though: after all, how could you hope to defeat me, when you lost so handily to my wife?"

Aven stood silent as Aviel and Scythen traded quips, the atmosphere ripe with tension. He felt sure that if the two were to clash, Nessa and him would be crushed under the weight of their magic pressure. It reminded him of the first time they'd met Aviel, though Scythen's aura wasn't the same as Castor's. In a way, the fact that Scythen's aura felt evil was a step above the pure, wanton nothingness he'd felt from the blast of energy back then. Before his thoughts could wander too far, he caught glimpse of their surroundings, and once again, he was awed. It was a banquet hall unlike any he'd ever seen, with a centerpiece of food so glorious his mouth watered. His brain was a bit fuzzy now, the effects of the alcohol now setting in full force, a warmth spreading over him. It was going to be an amazing night, even by magical standards. On one of the thrones sat a glorious golden visage, another Valkyrie that emanated grace and prestige, and beside her, a younger Valkyrie that greeted Aven warmly. He smiled like usual, though the color that was entering his face may have made him look less gentle than usual, more akin to a bemused expression. "That's good to hear, I'm honored!" His voice came out a bit stronger than normal, not that Aven himself noticed.

While Aven was lost in his stupor, Aviel's attention was drawn to a fast approaching familiar face. Before he knew it, she'd grasped the folds of his flowing garments, and begun to shake his back and forth. Tears... They spoke volumes, clawing at his heartstrings, and with the added chorus of Elgorea's plea, Aviel's eyes closed, the smile he'd worn becoming a somber frown. "Not where I should have been, I'm sorry, Elgorea." Her tears soaked into the white of the cloth, his eyes glancing to Aven as the young man took in the sights. "If we're going to get her back, our strength alone is not going to be enough. I realized this after that terrible day, when I lost her." His arms wrapped around Elgorea, and a single droplet fell down his cheek, prompted by the countless already embedded near his chest. "Hakon will return to us, I swear it."

Nessa Cordelia Lux
    Nessa Cordelia Lux

Starlight Maiden

Starlight Maiden

Character Sheet

Post by Nessa Cordelia Lux 28th September 2018, 11:53 am

Scythen's titled her head, unfazed by Aviel's deep-cutting retort, rather she let out a deep chuckle of amusement, as though relishing fond memories. "Ahh yes, such a splendid opponent, had it not been for Ellamora, I'm sure she could have killed me. Yet here I am..." She turned leaving the remainder of her sentence suspended in the air. She sauntered off out of the way, Nessa felt relief she moved away back to her own black ominous throne.

Elgorea's reaction to Aviel had brought a sad tension into the removed, heightened his words to her. She hugged his back, sobbing further. Tiphanae reached over reached out and pulled Nessa's gently by her wrist. ""Come let's all sit down... there is much to discuss." She said softly, Nessa allowed Tiphanae's to pulled her over, sitting Nessa  down on her own stony grey throne. Tiphanae turned to look at Aven, "You may sit in Lucinda's chair for now Aven Alveron," She said pointing to a separate throne, seemingly made of iron. Tiphanae did not sit but remained stood next to Nessa, looking over at Elgorea who was just about letting go of Aviel.

Ellamora who was wearing an unreadable expression, spoke suddenly, not looking at him but directly down the table. "I suppose it's only fitting that you sit in Hakon's chair, seeing as it's so rarely used these days. Except for the occasions that Nessa Lux visits," Her voice rang out firmly, her dark blue eyes glided over to him. As though daring him to challenge her on the matter, Nessa kind of understood why. The first time she had come to Valhalla, Elgorea had protested to Nessa sitting there herself as it belonged to Hakon. "Soooo...er…you guys all have history then." She said awkwardly, glancing at Aven, and here she thought this was going to be a simple visit.

I've been drinking, I've been drinking [Aven] Nes37I've been drinking, I've been drinking [Aven] Nes37I've been drinking, I've been drinking [Aven] Nes37

Last edited by Nessa Cordelia Lux on 29th September 2018, 2:59 am; edited 1 time in total

Current date/time is 28th March 2024, 8:53 am