Welcome Guest! You last visited . You have 99 posts! Please welcome the newest player Albafica Temero

Patch Notes:URL.
For all new members:URL.
Halloween Events:Night of Eternal Darkness.
Check Here After Completeing Jobs: URL.

To stop the sinners in the Abyss hidden

Leila Vergious
    https://i.imgur.com/hmnwrlP.gif

Regular VIP Status- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Be on Izayuki's Friend List- 1 Year Anniversary- Player -
    Lineage : Gate of Eden’s Goddess
    Position : Saint of Eden
    Guild : Guildless
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 14,106

To stop the sinners in the Abyss hidden

Post by Leila Vergious on 13th November 2017, 3:53 am

Word Count:
    782 / 11,250

Tags:
    @RyoKnetegawa

Active take-over:
    None

OOC:
    -
    Leila Vergious Golden Phoenix A-Rank

The majestic city of Era. It has been quite a while since Leila had to visit it, despite it being the center of Magical Council and all. Which was a little strange, considering her new standing within the world of magic as one of the great Wizard Saints. The Council has really become quite lax with all this. But she couldn’t quite blame them. They lived in hard times on the verge of total collapse, dark mages running freely and plotting against the better standing of this world. So when a formal request arrived, the girl decided to drop her business in the Floating Continent and rushed over here. Due to the isolation of that place from the rest of Earthland, this was actually the first time she had heard about the murders that were taking place here. Horrific scenes that would sow the seeds of uncertainty among the many residents of this place. Whoever she would be up against, they were smart and powerful. To be able to pull off something like this in what was without a doubt one of the most secure places in this nation… they wanted to send a clear message that no one was safe, no matter where they were. And it was working. As the Eden’s Caretaker walked through the main gate, she noticed the streets were unusually empty. Only those that would be running the most necessary errands or shopping for supplies were out. The rest barricaded themselves in their homes, leaving only a bitter feeling of dread to hang in the air.

With a barely audible sigh, Leila would not waste any time and head straight to the point of the meeting. Seeing the severity of this situation, she was not to search for the culprit alone. Another Wizard Saint was to accompany her. Which was good for more than just one reason. Saints were all powerful people who were respected by many in this world, symbols of justice and protection. They were the shields of Fiore and beyond. But possessing great strength and kindness, the girl had looked up to them for quite some time now. Ever since she was nominated as one of the Rising Stars, in fact. The reality that she was now one of them was still a little difficult for her to process, but she was glad that she would get to meet and even work with one of her peers now. Naturally, she always adored meeting new people, both during and outside of contracts. But this was just a little bit more special than any other time. Her heart might have even been racing a little bit as she made her way through the streets and alleys. Ryo Knetegawa… she had already heard about all of the current Saints. But this one, he was somewhat different from the rest. Number ten and holding the position for longer than most, yet surrounded by a veil of mystery to someone like Leila. She was indeed looking forward to getting to know him a little bit better.

And finally, she would arrive. The place they were supposed to meet at, it was already filled with Rune Knights and other employees of the Council, trying to secure an entrance to the sewers. Having such a parade of shining knights here kinda made the girl question if there would even be anyone for them to catch, as criminals would generally disappear the moment they even sniffed Rune Knights. But if they were deep enough in the sewer system, then perhaps the news would have not reached them just yet. It also seemed that she got here before Ryo, so there was some time for mental preparations. That said, the Caretaker would just take her time to explore the entrance for now. Even for such a fancy place, it was nothing more than a hole into the abyss itself, gate made out of rusting metal and green slime and water oozing out like a monster trying to escape the clutches of this disgusting prison. It was in quite the contrast to Leila herself, who was wearing a neat combat fur-trimmed yukata, her hair tied into a single long ponytail. At this point, she could only hope that none of that slime would get onto her tail, as that would probably be rather difficult to clean. Not to mention her new habit of not wearing any shoes, not was backfiring at her real hard right now. With yet another sigh, she would just lean against one of the nearby, more clean, walls and wait for her partner to arrive. Then they could just get to work and try to finish as quickly as possible.

Non-template version:

The majestic city of Era. It has been quite a while since Leila had to visit it, despite it being the center of Magical Council and all. Which was a little strange, considering her new standing within the world of magic as one of the great Wizard Saints. The Council has really become quite lax with all this. But she couldn’t quite blame them. They lived in hard times on the verge of total collapse, dark mages running freely and plotting against the better standing of this world. So when a formal request arrived, the girl decided to drop her business in the Floating Continent and rushed over here. Due to the isolation of that place from the rest of Earthland, this was actually the first time she had heard about the murders that were taking place here. Horrific scenes that would sow the seeds of uncertainty among the many residents of this place. Whoever she would be up against, they were smart and powerful. To be able to pull off something like this in what was without a doubt one of the most secure places in this nation… they wanted to send a clear message that no one was safe, no matter where they were. And it was working. As the Eden’s Caretaker walked through the main gate, she noticed the streets were unusually empty. Only those that would be running the most necessary errands or shopping for supplies were out. The rest barricaded themselves in their homes, leaving only a bitter feeling of dread to hang in the air.

With a barely audible sigh, Leila would not waste any time and head straight to the point of the meeting. Seeing the severity of this situation, she was not to search for the culprit alone. Another Wizard Saint was to accompany her. Which was good for more than just one reason. Saints were all powerful people who were respected by many in this world, symbols of justice and protection. They were the shields of Fiore and beyond. But possessing great strength and kindness, the girl had looked up to them for quite some time now. Ever since she was nominated as one of the Rising Stars, in fact. The reality that she was now one of them was still a little difficult for her to process, but she was glad that she would get to meet and even work with one of her peers now. Naturally, she always adored meeting new people, both during and outside of contracts. But this was just a little bit more special than any other time. Her heart might have even been racing a little bit as she made her way through the streets and alleys. Ryo Knetegawa… she had already heard about all of the current Saints. But this one, he was somewhat different from the rest. Number ten and holding the position for longer than most, yet surrounded by a veil of mystery to someone like Leila. She was indeed looking forward to getting to know him a little bit better.

And finally, she would arrive. The place they were supposed to meet at, it was already filled with Rune Knights and other employees of the Council, trying to secure an entrance to the sewers. Having such a parade of shining knights here kinda made the girl question if there would even be anyone for them to catch, as criminals would generally disappear the moment they even sniffed Rune Knights. But if they were deep enough in the sewer system, then perhaps the news would not have reached them just yet. It also seemed that she got here before Ryo, so there was some time for mental preparations. That said, the Caretaker would just take her time to explore the entrance for now. Even for such a fancy place, it was nothing more than a hole into the abyss itself, a gate made out of rusting metal and green slime and water oozing out like a monster trying to escape the clutches of this disgusting prison. It was in quite the contrast to Leila herself, who was wearing a neat combat fur-trimmed yukata, her hair tied into a single long ponytail. At this point, she could only hope that none of that slime would get onto her tail, as that would probably be rather difficult to clean. Not to mention her new habit of not wearing any shoes, not was backfiring at her real hard right now. With yet another sigh, she would just lean against one of the nearby, more clean, walls and wait for her partner to arrive. Then they could just get to work and try to finish as quickly as possible.

"Roots below the earth claim no rewards for making the branches fruitful"

Character | Directory | Magic

Gold Lacrima valid until the 16th of October, 2018

RyoKnetegawa
    Car King Saint
    Car King Saint

Knight VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- S-Rank- Character Application Approved!- Character History!- Complete Your First Job!- Join A Faction!- Obtain A Lineage!- The Being- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player -
    Lineage : Conqueror's Courage
    Position : Saint of Fate
    Guild : Sabertooth
    Mentor : Amelia
    Experience : 231,188

Character Sheet
    Character Name: Ryo Knetegawa
    Primary Magic: Combo Card Magic
    Secondary Magic: Blood Master Maic

Re: To stop the sinners in the Abyss hidden

Post by RyoKnetegawa on 15th November 2017, 7:49 am

Era, the capital of the legal magic world in Fiore. There was nothing that Ryo really liked about being here, but there was also nothing that he could do to get out of it. He had been hired to arrive here, and that was all there was too it for him. Flapping next to him was the evening Sprite that he had spared during the trial of the “night of eternal darkness” glaring at him she asked, “Why did you bring me and not the big beasty you had with you on that night?”

He looked back at her clearly bored with this same line of questioning “I have told you several times, I can’t bring him with me because from what I hear about this job we will be hunting in the low, tight, and cramped spaces of this city. I can’t use a wolf to go hunting for sewer rats. Besides if the rumor of these death dealing sorcerers are true, then I will not put him in their path. I love him far too much. He is safer with the guild.”

She scoffed at him shaking her head “Yeah, right, that guild that has no home, and is being led astray by a madman. Very realistic.”

Waving her away he continued to look around the city of Era. He hadn’t been here since he was named to the wizard saints, and became the Saint of Fate. Then he had never stepped foot here since. He didn’t like the way the magic council ran things, mostly because the way it ran things was completely stupid, and it only seemed to spawn more problems. Ever the being of duty however he had arrived when he was called, and he was ready to do his work. One thing that struck him was how deserted the whole of the city streets seemed to be since the last time he was here.

Putting all this aside he finally arrived at the entrance to the sewers, and he was a bit annoyed by the amount of visible Rune Knights that were around. It was absolutely baffling to him that these goons wouldn’t know how to stay out of sight, nor that they would be so clueless as to think they could handle this cabal the council spoke of. Sighing heavily, he shook his head in annoyance, but quickly found the person he was looking for. She was leaning up against a wall, the mostly clean one. Moving to stand in front of her he took his hat off and bowed his head hat over his heart “Good day my lady. It is my pleasure to meet you. I trust you know of me, but allow me to introduce myself properly. I am Ryo Knetegawa, the saint of fate, and the Card King of Sabertooth.” He then straightened up and put his hat back upon his head. The little sprite flew in front of him and he smiled slightly hiding most of his teeth to keep one of his few secrets to himself “Allow to introduce you to miss Hekate Pmpkinspice, the evening sprite.”

Hekate flapped her wings hovering just to the left of Ryo’s head with her brow raised in question “She is one of these wizard saints I have heard you speak of? She doesn’t look like much does she. Yet, I suppose I shouldn’t underestimate her. After all, if she is half the creature you are, then she is a serious threat to everything here.”

Ryo hissed in his sorrow shaking his head “If you wish to keep your wings you will speak with respect to a lady. Also.” He glared at her with warning on his face “You would do well to keep my secrets as guarded as you did your candies should you wish not to face the wrath that I owe you for harming my beloved Gora.” He now looked to his partner and with a bow he said “Please forgive her. She and I did not become allies under the most pleasant circumstances. In fact, I would dare say she does not consider us allies at all, but only herself as a hostage or slave to me. This is unfortunate, but it is the way of things.” It was then that he noticed the saint of Eden’s lack of shoes frowning. He looked down at her feet and then seemed to take a few measurements before he pulled out a deck of playing cards splitting it in half letting them take a shape in his hands. He eventually formed a pair of closed shoes that would protect Leila’s feet from the foulness they were undoubtedly heading into. “These should help you to keep much of that vile filth off you. Tell me, have they tried to go inside of the sewers or have they just set up this obnoxiously obvious blockade to wait for us to go in?” he asked setting the shoes down carefully in front of her so she could use them if she wanted.

WC: 840 / 11,250

Ryo's Info:

Books I've Written:
    Leila Vergious

Regular VIP Status- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Be on Izayuki's Friend List- 1 Year Anniversary- Player -

Post by Leila Vergious on 16th November 2017, 8:32 am

Word Count:
    1,613 / 11,250

Tags:
    @RyoKnetegawa

Active take-over:
    None

OOC:
    -
    Leila Vergious Guildless A-Rank

It appeared that the girl did not have to wait too long after all. The other Saint arrived shortly after her, quickly approaching the Eden’s Caretaker. As he bowed, so did she in the most elegant way she knew. Her hand bent in front of her stomach, she would move her body forward and head low. She was hardly an expert on formal behavior, but hopefully, something like this would not mark her as a complete savage. The girl was still very much a wandering mage. Most of the times, there was no time for these formalities with others, as meeting people in the middle of combat was not too uncommon. And people outside of cities in general hardly ever bothered themselves with any kind of formal behavior like this. In any case, it also seemed that the man was not alone. Along with him came a sprite or fairy of some kind, flying in the air playfully. Though her speech and meaning of words were far from something a kind fairy would say. It made the girl chuckle as she introduced herself as well.

Likewise, it is a great pleasure to meet you in person, Sir Knetegawa. My name is Leila Vergious, a simple wandering mage. I look forward to our cooperation!

As of right now, the girl was once again on the road. Having left the Golden Phoenix guild due to its change of focus, she technically no longer had any place in this world anymore. Such was the nature of most guildless and traveling mages. Always on the road with no real place to call home. But at the same time, always enjoying their adventure and enduring the dangers of this world. An experience the girl found very rewarding pretty much every single time. Despite being part of a guild for such a long time, she had spent far longer on the road. 18 years to be precise. Ever since she was adopted by a sentient machine traveling the world at a very young age, she knew no home and only the thrill of adventure. It was not a bad thing by any means.

Please, no need to be mad at Miss Pmpkinspice because of her words. The sprite has no reason to assume much about me, we have just met. I am sorry to hear about your unfortunate circumstance, but she appears to be a wonderful companion. Be kind to her, and I am sure that she too will return kindness in time.

Saying all that with a bright smile, the girl still had to wonder a little bit how she came across to others. White hair, fairly exotic way of dressing, pale skin and red markings on her skin. Did she really not look like much with an appearance so different from regular humans? Well, it didn’t really matter at all to her. Just something that made the Caretaker rather curious. Either way, she hoped that the sprite would accept her words and maybe they could even become friends at some point in the future, be it a distant or imminent one. Soon there was another rather interesting gesture by the man, as he used his magic to form a pair of shoes for Leila. It was a gesture that actually made her blush lightly, as she was not used for anyone to offer anything to her like this at all. She would nod to him and try to put them on. They were not exactly her style, but as he said, at least she would not have her delicate feet covered in green slime and sludge by the end of this ordeal.

T..thank you kindly! As for your question, they have merely set up their guard here to make sure that none of our targets escape once we go in. I do not believe we can expect any support once we are beyond this point. Shall we?

Asking the fellow Saint, the girl would head toward the actual sewer entrance and open the rusted gate open, a rather eerie and uncomfortable sound being their company for the next few seconds. Only a few steps in, the stench became rather strong in this new damp environment. Especially for someone like Leila. Due to her more animal-like features, her senses were stronger than those of a regular human. Her sense of smell was quickly assaulted and overpowered, making her expression twist slightly. Still, she would do her best to keep her composure and turned toward her new companion who was hopefully following next or at least behind her.

My apologies, but… would you happen to have any further information about our contract? I have been outside of Fiore for a while, so I am not exactly aware of what has been happening here. All I was told is that there were murders and because the situation grew rather serious, I should arrive at this place right away. Not much to prepare me to face anything at all.

Non-template version:

It appeared that the girl did not have to wait too long after all. The other Saint arrived shortly after her, quickly approaching the Eden’s Caretaker. As he bowed, so did she in the most elegant way she knew. Her hand bent in front of her stomach, she would move her body forward and head low. She was hardly an expert on formal behavior, but hopefully, something like this would not mark her as a complete savage. The girl was still very much a wandering mage. Most of the times, there was no time for these formalities with others, as meeting people in the middle of combat was not too uncommon. And people outside of cities in general hardly ever bothered themselves with any kind of formal behavior like this. In any case, it also seemed that the man was not alone. Along with him came a sprite or fairy of some kind, flying in the air playfully. Though her speech and meaning of words were far from something a kind fairy would say. It made the girl chuckle as she introduced herself as well.

Likewise, it is a great pleasure to meet you in person, Sir Knetegawa. My name is Leila Vergious, a simple wandering mage. I look forward to our cooperation!

As of right now, the girl was once again on the road. Having left the Golden Phoenix guild due to its change of focus, she technically no longer had any place in this world anymore. Such was the nature of most guildless and traveling mages. Always on the road with no real place to call home. But at the same time, always enjoying their adventure and enduring the dangers of this world. An experience the girl found very rewarding pretty much every single time. Despite being part of a guild for such a long time, she had spent far longer on the road. 18 years to be precise. Ever since she was adopted by a sentient machine traveling the world at a very young age, she knew no home and only the thrill of adventure. It was not a bad thing by any means.

Please, no need to be mad at Miss Pmpkinspice because of her words. The sprite has no reason to assume much about me, we have just met. I am sorry to hear about your unfortunate circumstance, but she appears to be a wonderful companion. Be kind to her, and I am sure that she too will return kindness in time.

Saying all that with a bright smile, the girl still had to wonder a little bit how she came across to others. White hair, fairly exotic way of dressing, pale skin and red markings on her skin. Did she really not look like much with an appearance so different from regular humans? Well, it didn’t really matter at all to her. Just something that made the Caretaker rather curious. Either way, she hoped that the sprite would accept her words and maybe they could even become friends at some point in the future, be it a distant or imminent one. Soon there was another rather interesting gesture by the man, as he used his magic to form a pair of shoes for Leila. It was a gesture that actually made her blush lightly, as she was not used for anyone to offer anything to her like this at all. She would nod to him and try to put them on. They were not exactly her style, but as he said, at least she would not have her delicate feet covered in green slime and sludge by the end of this ordeal.

T..thank you kindly! As for your question, they have merely set up their guard here to make sure that none of our targets escape once we go in. I do not believe we can expect any support once we are beyond this point. Shall we?

Asking the fellow Saint, the girl would head toward the actual sewer entrance and open the rusted gate open, a rather eerie and uncomfortable sound being their company for the next few seconds. Only a few steps in, the stench became rather strong in this new damp environment. Especially for someone like Leila. Due to her more animal-like features, her senses were stronger than those of a regular human. Her sense of smell was quickly assaulted and overpowered, making her expression twist slightly. Still, she would do her best to keep her composure and turned toward her new companion who was hopefully following next or at least behind her.

My apologies, but… would you happen to have any further information about our contract? I have been outside of Fiore for a while, so I am not exactly aware of what has been happening here. All I was told is that there were murders and because the situation grew rather serious, I should arrive at this place right away. Not much to prepare me to face anything at all.

RyoKnetegawa
    Car King Saint
    Car King Saint

Knight VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- S-Rank- Character Application Approved!- Character History!- Complete Your First Job!- Join A Faction!- Obtain A Lineage!- The Being- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player -
    Lineage : Conqueror's Courage
    Position : Saint of Fate
    Guild : Sabertooth
    Mentor : Amelia
    Experience : 231,188

Character Sheet
    Character Name: Ryo Knetegawa
    Primary Magic: Combo Card Magic
    Secondary Magic: Blood Master Maic

Post by RyoKnetegawa on 21st November 2017, 1:22 am

Seeing Leila bow to him was amusing to Ryo, but he said nothing. Truly, he only knew the proper etiquette because of his former master who decided that while he may be a card shark, he was supposed to be a gentleman in appearance in the real world. This was due in large part to the need to be able to hide in polite society while at the same time being what he was. Ryo was grateful however that Hekate’s antics were some kind of amusement to Leila because he was very nervous about bringing her around in public at this point. It may or may not hurt his standing with the magic council, but that he didn’t know.

He held up his gloved hand shaking his head slowly “Please, I am not a Sir. I am a Wizard of Sabertooth, A card king, and one of your fellow saints. The saint of Fate. Even so, we are equals there is no need for a Sir when you are talking to me. You only need to call me Ryo. It would make both of us feel much easier.”

Hekate laughed and shook her head “Aww, someone is so ‘noble’ with his lack of desire for his proper dues. So, so, noble.” She mocked him which earned her a glare from Ryo who was not amused with her antics.

At Leila’s words the pair looked at her with blank expressions. Hekate was surprised that someone was telling Ryo these kinds of things, and that she also thought she was a wonderful companion to Ryo. Really, it was not acceptable. She hated Ryo, he had taken her wings from her, of course, he did give her a new pair of wings that never seemed to be damaged. Still, he held it over her head like a guillotine blade ready to chop her head off at a moment’s notice.

Ryo on the other hand seemed to take the bit of warning and wisdom. He glanced over at Hekate tilting his head slowly as he seemed to really consider her words. Presently, he nodded his head once showing that he had thought her words over and liked what he had heard. He would do his best to be nice to Hekate despite the fact that she would kill him if she ever got the chance.

Ryo was a bit shocked to see that a fellow Wizard Saint would blush by such a simple gesture as being given a pair of shoes that at the end of this would simply crumble into the cards that they were made from. Presently he cleared his throat nodding his head “Yes, well, they are only temporary. It is hard to keep a construct like that going for more than a day. Hopefully we will be able to have this wrapped up. As for their support good, we don’t need these morons bumbling in behind us. I don’t need their support. To be honest I do not like that we need them, I have yet to find something they are useful for. Even so, we can go in and not worry about saving them.”

This critique of the Rune Knights might be overly harsh, but in Ryo’s eyes they were partly to blame for the utter destruction of the Sabertooth Guild Hall, and the terrible state that allowed such beings as the elders destroy his home. If they were worth anything then they would’ve been able to stop the Elders who brought ruin upon his home, and upon the Ace of Spades. He also didn’t like the way the magic Council ran things. True enough there had to be order in society, but the way the magic council ran things if Ryo hadn’t decided he wanted to be at home in Sabertooth then he would likely be branded a “Dark Mage” for the simple fact that he didn’t allow his enemies to live in order to threaten him or his in the future. Even so, there was not much to do about the sad state of the world right now. He had a set of orders before him and those orders were that he and Leila were to bring the killer or killers back alive, so they could be properly tried and the Magic Council’s version of ‘Justice’ could be dispensed. It was truly a nuisance, but he would obey his orders.

As they walked into the sewer Ryo’s nose was instantly assaulted by the scents and he had to stop holding his hand over his nose trying his best not to lose all that he had drunk the day before. He could not afford for Leila to see the color of the liquid that would surely come out of his mouth. Still, he also didn’t need to breath like she did so that meant that he would be able to walk around in these sewers suffering the same kind of sorrow that his partner was going through. He pulled out a playing card and warped it to form a breathing mask. When she turned to look at him he handed her the mask nodding his head “This’ll help, but it won’t completely solve the problem.” He heard the question about further information about the contract and pulled out the contract he had kept in his coat “Ah that’s easy enough.” He looked at the contract and began to read the important parts “We have to ‘bring the killer or killers back alive to face justice. A bonus will be given if the murder weapon is brought back to tie the crime to the killer.’ The victims seem to have suffered the same fate at the hands of a similar or the same weapon. Under no circumstances are we allowed to kill any of the killers, or anyone we find down here.” He put the contract back into his inner coat pocket shaking his head “What a joke. The magic Council is being a nuisance again…Even so, those are our standing orders, and we will have to abide by them.” He said giving a shrug of helplessness.

WC: 1,858/ 11,250

Ryo's Info:

Books I've Written:
    Leila Vergious

Post by Leila Vergious Yesterday at 8:29 am

Word Count:
    2,614 / 11,250

Tags:
    @RyoKnetegawa

Active take-over:
    None

OOC:
    Spawned a batch of weak enemies for us to fight
    Leila Vergious Guildless A-Rank

They might not have much power as individuals and often cause problems for many mages that do not deserve it, yes. But I want to believe that Rune Knights and even the Magic Council are doing their very best to make everything right. In a society where so many people hold enough power to be considered super-humans, I cannot imagine how difficult it must be to create rules that would not discriminate one of the parties. As things are right now, the situation is not exactly the best. In fact, a lot is left to be desired. But I do believe that if things go south, the Rune Knights here will be able to finish our job. Heh, sorry… I’m rambling, aren’t I?” The girl wanted to speak her mind a little bit after Ryo stated his view of the knights and just how useless he thinks they are. It was harsh, yes. But at the same time, it was fair. At least partly. Rune Knights, they were mostly humans with very little to no magical abilities that desired to still help in one way or another. But in the face of an unbelievable power of a dark mage as the one they would have to soon defeat, they could never do anything. They would just die and not help anything. Some of them probably realized this, but still wanted to help at least somehow regardless. And Leila admired them for that, even if they perhaps didn’t fully deserve it at times.

She also worked with the Council for quite some time now. Which was perhaps the main reason she made it as one of the Saints. She never really shied away from them, even if their actions became a little questionable. And even when she knew that she was used as nothing more than a pawn, she still helped. In the most extreme way of thinking, it could also be said that she wanted to become part of the Council itself in some way so that she could try and change it for the better from inside. The girl was surprisingly resistant to corruption and temptation. For someone who went through so much and seen the darkest moments of this world, she was very innocent and naive. Perhaps because she chose to remain like that and did her very best not to cave in. That was Leila Vergious, nature’s traveler and a treasure hunter of sorts. The Saint of Eden… or in the common tongue, Saint of Paradise. But that was enough of getting distracted for now. They still had their contract to fulfill. And for the girl, the orders themselves worked out perfectly. She had never taken a life from a sentient creature before. She was fully against killing her opponents, but would not stop others from killing if that was something they were used to. She simply refused to bear that sin by herself. Some would surely find it foolish, but she didn’t mind. It was her own choice and that was the most important thing.

The sewers were certainly unpleasant, but it was far from something that would stop her. She was handed a breathing mask, but she didn’t want to rely on Ryo’s help in this manner too much. She would extend her open palm toward him in a sign that it was okay and that she just needed a moment. She was gathering her magical energy and once she had enough, her body would suddenly begin glowing blue. She would stretch and her form temporarily became wraith-like before returning to normal. “Gah! Alright, much better… apologies, I temporarily change my body and disabled my sense of smell. I am capable of shape-shifting you see.” Quickly explaining what she just did to Ryo, she would then listen to his take on the things. She already gave him her take on the Council and everything around it, so she simply listened and nodded once he was finished. Well, not much extra info was given. She figured mostly what was happening, but she hoped for something a little bit more concrete. Like the number of foes they would have to face. But no such luck it seemed. Thankfully they were two Wizard Saints, individuals with a great deal of power to back up their titles. Even if they didn’t have the advantage of extra information, there was probably no reason to be too afraid of the enemy getting an upper hand. Still, it was best not to underestimate the unknown.

Alright, not much to do but keep on going. Miss Pmpkinspice, if you spot an enemy, will you let us know please?” She would also address the sprite with a big smile on her face and a friendly tone of voice. She wasn’t completely sure how to help the creature become more at ease, but figured that maybe she would feel better if she felt like she was a true and important part of this job and that she actually helped. In any case, they would start going further in. And it seemed that they didn’t have to go all that far either. Only few turns later, Leila would suddenly slow down as her animal ears twitched few times in response to something. Extending her hand to the side toward Ryo, she would silently let him know that something was up. Embracing the fact that she would have to dirty her attire at least a little bit today, she pressed her body against the wall and approached the next corner rather carefully. And sure enough, some distance down the other hall was a larger group of darker mages. Judging by the magical energy they had in their bodies, they were nothing more than apprentices. But it was still unwise to take them lightly. Looking at Ryo and his companion, she nodded at him. Hoping that they would be able to help each other even though they never worked together before, she prepared to charge in if he would.

Non-template version:

They might not have much power as individuals and often cause problems for many mages that do not deserve it, yes. But I want to believe that Rune Knights and even the Magic Council are doing their very best to make everything right. In a society where so many people hold enough power to be considered super-humans, I cannot imagine how difficult it must be to create rules that would not discriminate one of the parties. As things are right now, the situation is not exactly the best. In fact, a lot is left to be desired. But I do believe that if things go south, the Rune Knights here will be able to finish our job. Heh, sorry… I’m rambling, aren’t I?” The girl wanted to speak her mind a little bit after Ryo stated his view of the knights and just how useless he thinks they are. It was harsh, yes. But at the same time, it was fair. At least partly. Rune Knights, they were mostly humans with very little to no magical abilities that desired to still help in one way or another. But in the face of an unbelievable power of a dark mage as the one they would have to soon defeat, they could never do anything. They would just die and not help anything. Some of them probably realized this, but still wanted to help at least somehow regardless. And Leila admired them for that, even if they perhaps didn’t fully deserve it at times.

She also worked with the Council for quite some time now. Which was perhaps the main reason she made it as one of the Saints. She never really shied away from them, even if their actions became a little questionable. And even when she knew that she was used as nothing more than a pawn, she still helped. In the most extreme way of thinking, it could also be said that she wanted to become part of the Council itself in some way so that she could try and change it for the better from inside. The girl was surprisingly resistant to corruption and temptation. For someone who went through so much and seen the darkest moments of this world, she was very innocent and naive. Perhaps because she chose to remain like that and did her very best not to cave in. That was Leila Vergious, nature’s traveler and a treasure hunter of sorts. The Saint of Eden… or in the common tongue, Saint of Paradise. But that was enough of getting distracted for now. They still had their contract to fulfill. And for the girl, the orders themselves worked out perfectly. She had never taken a life from a sentient creature before. She was fully against killing her opponents, but would not stop others from killing if that was something they were used to. She simply refused to bear that sin by herself. Some would surely find it foolish, but she didn’t mind. It was her own choice and that was the most important thing.

The sewers were certainly unpleasant, but it was far from something that would stop her. She was handed a breathing mask, but she didn’t want to rely on Ryo’s help in this manner too much. She would extend her open palm toward him in a sign that it was okay and that she just needed a moment. She was gathering her magical energy and once she had enough, her body would suddenly begin glowing blue. She would stretch and her form temporarily became wraith-like before returning to normal. “Gah! Alright, much better… apologies, I temporarily change my body and disabled my sense of smell. I am capable of shape-shifting you see.” Quickly explaining what she just did to Ryo, she would then listen to his take on the things. She already gave him her take on the Council and everything around it, so she simply listened and nodded once he was finished. Well, not much extra info was given. She figured mostly what was happening, but she hoped for something a little bit more concrete. Like the number of foes they would have to face. But no such luck it seemed. Thankfully they were two Wizard Saints, individuals with a great deal of power to back up their titles. Even if they didn’t have the advantage of extra information, there was probably no reason to be too afraid of the enemy getting an upper hand. Still, it was best not to underestimate the unknown.

Alright, not much to do but keep on going. Miss Pmpkinspice, if you spot an enemy, will you let us know please?” She would also address the sprite with a big smile on her face and a friendly tone of voice. She wasn’t completely sure how to help the creature become more at ease, but figured that maybe she would feel better if she felt like she was a true and important part of this job and that she actually helped. In any case, they would start going further in. And it seemed that they didn’t have to go all that far either. Only few turns later, Leila would suddenly slow down as her animal ears twitched few times in response to something. Extending her hand to the side toward Ryo, she would silently let him know that something was up. Embracing the fact that she would have to dirty her attire at least a little bit today, she pressed her body against the wall and approached the next corner rather carefully. And sure enough, some distance down the other hall was a larger group of darker mages. Judging by the magical energy they had in their bodies, they were nothing more than apprentices. But it was still unwise to take them lightly. Looking at Ryo and his companion, she nodded at him. Hoping that they would be able to help each other even though they never worked together before, she prepared to charge in if he would.

Current date/time is 24th November 2017, 2:27 am