Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

To stop the sinners in the Abyss hidden

Leila Vergious
    Leila Vergious

Eden's Rose

Eden's Rose

Developer/GFX Artist- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Rising Star- Guild Master- Zodiac Key- Legal Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Fan Art Contest Participant- Haiku Contest Participant- Lineage Making Contest Participant- Rich- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Join A Faction!- Tertiary Magic- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 1st Place Event/Contest Winner- 2nd Place Event/Contest Winner- Advertisement Achievement Badge- Hero- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Child of Eden
    Guild : Silver Wolf
    Cosmic Coins : 30
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 3,631,235

To stop the sinners in the Abyss hidden Empty To stop the sinners in the Abyss hidden

Post by Leila Vergious 13th November 2017, 3:53 am

Word Count:
    782 / 11,250

Tags:
    @RyoKnetegawa

Active take-over:
    None

OOC:
    -
    Leila Vergious Golden Phoenix A-Rank

The majestic city of Era. It has been quite a while since Leila had to visit it, despite it being the center of Magical Council and all. Which was a little strange, considering her new standing within the world of magic as one of the great Wizard Saints. The Council has really become quite lax with all this. But she couldn’t quite blame them. They lived in hard times on the verge of total collapse, dark mages running freely and plotting against the better standing of this world. So when a formal request arrived, the girl decided to drop her business in the Floating Continent and rushed over here. Due to the isolation of that place from the rest of Earthland, this was actually the first time she had heard about the murders that were taking place here. Horrific scenes that would sow the seeds of uncertainty among the many residents of this place. Whoever she would be up against, they were smart and powerful. To be able to pull off something like this in what was without a doubt one of the most secure places in this nation… they wanted to send a clear message that no one was safe, no matter where they were. And it was working. As the Eden’s Caretaker walked through the main gate, she noticed the streets were unusually empty. Only those that would be running the most necessary errands or shopping for supplies were out. The rest barricaded themselves in their homes, leaving only a bitter feeling of dread to hang in the air.

With a barely audible sigh, Leila would not waste any time and head straight to the point of the meeting. Seeing the severity of this situation, she was not to search for the culprit alone. Another Wizard Saint was to accompany her. Which was good for more than just one reason. Saints were all powerful people who were respected by many in this world, symbols of justice and protection. They were the shields of Fiore and beyond. But possessing great strength and kindness, the girl had looked up to them for quite some time now. Ever since she was nominated as one of the Rising Stars, in fact. The reality that she was now one of them was still a little difficult for her to process, but she was glad that she would get to meet and even work with one of her peers now. Naturally, she always adored meeting new people, both during and outside of contracts. But this was just a little bit more special than any other time. Her heart might have even been racing a little bit as she made her way through the streets and alleys. Ryo Knetegawa… she had already heard about all of the current Saints. But this one, he was somewhat different from the rest. Number ten and holding the position for longer than most, yet surrounded by a veil of mystery to someone like Leila. She was indeed looking forward to getting to know him a little bit better.

And finally, she would arrive. The place they were supposed to meet at, it was already filled with Rune Knights and other employees of the Council, trying to secure an entrance to the sewers. Having such a parade of shining knights here kinda made the girl question if there would even be anyone for them to catch, as criminals would generally disappear the moment they even sniffed Rune Knights. But if they were deep enough in the sewer system, then perhaps the news would have not reached them just yet. It also seemed that she got here before Ryo, so there was some time for mental preparations. That said, the Caretaker would just take her time to explore the entrance for now. Even for such a fancy place, it was nothing more than a hole into the abyss itself, gate made out of rusting metal and green slime and water oozing out like a monster trying to escape the clutches of this disgusting prison. It was in quite the contrast to Leila herself, who was wearing a neat combat fur-trimmed yukata, her hair tied into a single long ponytail. At this point, she could only hope that none of that slime would get onto her tail, as that would probably be rather difficult to clean. Not to mention her new habit of not wearing any shoes, not was backfiring at her real hard right now. With yet another sigh, she would just lean against one of the nearby, more clean, walls and wait for her partner to arrive. Then they could just get to work and try to finish as quickly as possible.

Non-template version:

_____________________________________________________________________________________

RyoKnetegawa
    RyoKnetegawa

Car King Saint

Car King Saint

Knight VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- S-Rank- Character History!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Conqueror's Courage
    Position : Saint of Fate
    Guild : Sabertooth
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Mentor : Amelia
    Experience : 250,981

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Combo Card Magic
    Second Skill: Blood Master Maic
    Third Skill:

To stop the sinners in the Abyss hidden Empty Re: To stop the sinners in the Abyss hidden

Post by RyoKnetegawa 15th November 2017, 7:49 am

Era, the capital of the legal magic world in Fiore. There was nothing that Ryo really liked about being here, but there was also nothing that he could do to get out of it. He had been hired to arrive here, and that was all there was too it for him. Flapping next to him was the evening Sprite that he had spared during the trial of the “night of eternal darkness” glaring at him she asked, “Why did you bring me and not the big beasty you had with you on that night?”

He looked back at her clearly bored with this same line of questioning “I have told you several times, I can’t bring him with me because from what I hear about this job we will be hunting in the low, tight, and cramped spaces of this city. I can’t use a wolf to go hunting for sewer rats. Besides if the rumor of these death dealing sorcerers are true, then I will not put him in their path. I love him far too much. He is safer with the guild.”

She scoffed at him shaking her head “Yeah, right, that guild that has no home, and is being led astray by a madman. Very realistic.”

Waving her away he continued to look around the city of Era. He hadn’t been here since he was named to the wizard saints, and became the Saint of Fate. Then he had never stepped foot here since. He didn’t like the way the magic council ran things, mostly because the way it ran things was completely stupid, and it only seemed to spawn more problems. Ever the being of duty however he had arrived when he was called, and he was ready to do his work. One thing that struck him was how deserted the whole of the city streets seemed to be since the last time he was here.

Putting all this aside he finally arrived at the entrance to the sewers, and he was a bit annoyed by the amount of visible Rune Knights that were around. It was absolutely baffling to him that these goons wouldn’t know how to stay out of sight, nor that they would be so clueless as to think they could handle this cabal the council spoke of. Sighing heavily, he shook his head in annoyance, but quickly found the person he was looking for. She was leaning up against a wall, the mostly clean one. Moving to stand in front of her he took his hat off and bowed his head hat over his heart “Good day my lady. It is my pleasure to meet you. I trust you know of me, but allow me to introduce myself properly. I am Ryo Knetegawa, the saint of fate, and the Card King of Sabertooth.” He then straightened up and put his hat back upon his head. The little sprite flew in front of him and he smiled slightly hiding most of his teeth to keep one of his few secrets to himself “Allow to introduce you to miss Hekate Pmpkinspice, the evening sprite.”

Hekate flapped her wings hovering just to the left of Ryo’s head with her brow raised in question “She is one of these wizard saints I have heard you speak of? She doesn’t look like much does she. Yet, I suppose I shouldn’t underestimate her. After all, if she is half the creature you are, then she is a serious threat to everything here.”

Ryo hissed in his sorrow shaking his head “If you wish to keep your wings you will speak with respect to a lady. Also.” He glared at her with warning on his face “You would do well to keep my secrets as guarded as you did your candies should you wish not to face the wrath that I owe you for harming my beloved Gora.” He now looked to his partner and with a bow he said “Please forgive her. She and I did not become allies under the most pleasant circumstances. In fact, I would dare say she does not consider us allies at all, but only herself as a hostage or slave to me. This is unfortunate, but it is the way of things.” It was then that he noticed the saint of Eden’s lack of shoes frowning. He looked down at her feet and then seemed to take a few measurements before he pulled out a deck of playing cards splitting it in half letting them take a shape in his hands. He eventually formed a pair of closed shoes that would protect Leila’s feet from the foulness they were undoubtedly heading into. “These should help you to keep much of that vile filth off you. Tell me, have they tried to go inside of the sewers or have they just set up this obnoxiously obvious blockade to wait for us to go in?” he asked setting the shoes down carefully in front of her so she could use them if she wanted.

WC: 840 / 11,250

_____________________________________________________________________________________

To stop the sinners in the Abyss hidden Au9DYh5
    Ryo's Info:

Books I've Written:
    Leila Vergious
    Leila Vergious

Eden's Rose

Eden's Rose

Developer/GFX Artist- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Rising Star- Guild Master- Zodiac Key- Legal Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Fan Art Contest Participant- Haiku Contest Participant- Lineage Making Contest Participant- Rich- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Join A Faction!- Tertiary Magic- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 1st Place Event/Contest Winner- 2nd Place Event/Contest Winner- Advertisement Achievement Badge- Hero- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 

To stop the sinners in the Abyss hidden Empty Re: To stop the sinners in the Abyss hidden

Post by Leila Vergious 16th November 2017, 8:32 am

Word Count:
    1,613 / 11,250

Tags:
    @RyoKnetegawa

Active take-over:
    None

OOC:
    -
    Leila Vergious Guildless A-Rank

It appeared that the girl did not have to wait too long after all. The other Saint arrived shortly after her, quickly approaching the Eden’s Caretaker. As he bowed, so did she in the most elegant way she knew. Her hand bent in front of her stomach, she would move her body forward and head low. She was hardly an expert on formal behavior, but hopefully, something like this would not mark her as a complete savage. The girl was still very much a wandering mage. Most of the times, there was no time for these formalities with others, as meeting people in the middle of combat was not too uncommon. And people outside of cities in general hardly ever bothered themselves with any kind of formal behavior like this. In any case, it also seemed that the man was not alone. Along with him came a sprite or fairy of some kind, flying in the air playfully. Though her speech and meaning of words were far from something a kind fairy would say. It made the girl chuckle as she introduced herself as well.

Likewise, it is a great pleasure to meet you in person, Sir Knetegawa. My name is Leila Vergious, a simple wandering mage. I look forward to our cooperation!

As of right now, the girl was once again on the road. Having left the Golden Phoenix guild due to its change of focus, she technically no longer had any place in this world anymore. Such was the nature of most guildless and traveling mages. Always on the road with no real place to call home. But at the same time, always enjoying their adventure and enduring the dangers of this world. An experience the girl found very rewarding pretty much every single time. Despite being part of a guild for such a long time, she had spent far longer on the road. 18 years to be precise. Ever since she was adopted by a sentient machine traveling the world at a very young age, she knew no home and only the thrill of adventure. It was not a bad thing by any means.

Please, no need to be mad at Miss Pmpkinspice because of her words. The sprite has no reason to assume much about me, we have just met. I am sorry to hear about your unfortunate circumstance, but she appears to be a wonderful companion. Be kind to her, and I am sure that she too will return kindness in time.

Saying all that with a bright smile, the girl still had to wonder a little bit how she came across to others. White hair, fairly exotic way of dressing, pale skin and red markings on her skin. Did she really not look like much with an appearance so different from regular humans? Well, it didn’t really matter at all to her. Just something that made the Caretaker rather curious. Either way, she hoped that the sprite would accept her words and maybe they could even become friends at some point in the future, be it a distant or imminent one. Soon there was another rather interesting gesture by the man, as he used his magic to form a pair of shoes for Leila. It was a gesture that actually made her blush lightly, as she was not used for anyone to offer anything to her like this at all. She would nod to him and try to put them on. They were not exactly her style, but as he said, at least she would not have her delicate feet covered in green slime and sludge by the end of this ordeal.

T..thank you kindly! As for your question, they have merely set up their guard here to make sure that none of our targets escape once we go in. I do not believe we can expect any support once we are beyond this point. Shall we?

Asking the fellow Saint, the girl would head toward the actual sewer entrance and open the rusted gate open, a rather eerie and uncomfortable sound being their company for the next few seconds. Only a few steps in, the stench became rather strong in this new damp environment. Especially for someone like Leila. Due to her more animal-like features, her senses were stronger than those of a regular human. Her sense of smell was quickly assaulted and overpowered, making her expression twist slightly. Still, she would do her best to keep her composure and turned toward her new companion who was hopefully following next or at least behind her.

My apologies, but… would you happen to have any further information about our contract? I have been outside of Fiore for a while, so I am not exactly aware of what has been happening here. All I was told is that there were murders and because the situation grew rather serious, I should arrive at this place right away. Not much to prepare me to face anything at all.

Non-template version:

RyoKnetegawa
    RyoKnetegawa

Car King Saint

Car King Saint

Knight VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- S-Rank- Character History!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by RyoKnetegawa 21st November 2017, 1:22 am

Seeing Leila bow to him was amusing to Ryo, but he said nothing. Truly, he only knew the proper etiquette because of his former master who decided that while he may be a card shark, he was supposed to be a gentleman in appearance in the real world. This was due in large part to the need to be able to hide in polite society while at the same time being what he was. Ryo was grateful however that Hekate’s antics were some kind of amusement to Leila because he was very nervous about bringing her around in public at this point. It may or may not hurt his standing with the magic council, but that he didn’t know.

He held up his gloved hand shaking his head slowly “Please, I am not a Sir. I am a Wizard of Sabertooth, A card king, and one of your fellow saints. The saint of Fate. Even so, we are equals there is no need for a Sir when you are talking to me. You only need to call me Ryo. It would make both of us feel much easier.”

Hekate laughed and shook her head “Aww, someone is so ‘noble’ with his lack of desire for his proper dues. So, so, noble.” She mocked him which earned her a glare from Ryo who was not amused with her antics.

At Leila’s words the pair looked at her with blank expressions. Hekate was surprised that someone was telling Ryo these kinds of things, and that she also thought she was a wonderful companion to Ryo. Really, it was not acceptable. She hated Ryo, he had taken her wings from her, of course, he did give her a new pair of wings that never seemed to be damaged. Still, he held it over her head like a guillotine blade ready to chop her head off at a moment’s notice.

Ryo on the other hand seemed to take the bit of warning and wisdom. He glanced over at Hekate tilting his head slowly as he seemed to really consider her words. Presently, he nodded his head once showing that he had thought her words over and liked what he had heard. He would do his best to be nice to Hekate despite the fact that she would kill him if she ever got the chance.

Ryo was a bit shocked to see that a fellow Wizard Saint would blush by such a simple gesture as being given a pair of shoes that at the end of this would simply crumble into the cards that they were made from. Presently he cleared his throat nodding his head “Yes, well, they are only temporary. It is hard to keep a construct like that going for more than a day. Hopefully we will be able to have this wrapped up. As for their support good, we don’t need these morons bumbling in behind us. I don’t need their support. To be honest I do not like that we need them, I have yet to find something they are useful for. Even so, we can go in and not worry about saving them.”

This critique of the Rune Knights might be overly harsh, but in Ryo’s eyes they were partly to blame for the utter destruction of the Sabertooth Guild Hall, and the terrible state that allowed such beings as the elders destroy his home. If they were worth anything then they would’ve been able to stop the Elders who brought ruin upon his home, and upon the Ace of Spades. He also didn’t like the way the magic Council ran things. True enough there had to be order in society, but the way the magic council ran things if Ryo hadn’t decided he wanted to be at home in Sabertooth then he would likely be branded a “Dark Mage” for the simple fact that he didn’t allow his enemies to live in order to threaten him or his in the future. Even so, there was not much to do about the sad state of the world right now. He had a set of orders before him and those orders were that he and Leila were to bring the killer or killers back alive, so they could be properly tried and the Magic Council’s version of ‘Justice’ could be dispensed. It was truly a nuisance, but he would obey his orders.

As they walked into the sewer Ryo’s nose was instantly assaulted by the scents and he had to stop holding his hand over his nose trying his best not to lose all that he had drunk the day before. He could not afford for Leila to see the color of the liquid that would surely come out of his mouth. Still, he also didn’t need to breath like she did so that meant that he would be able to walk around in these sewers suffering the same kind of sorrow that his partner was going through. He pulled out a playing card and warped it to form a breathing mask. When she turned to look at him he handed her the mask nodding his head “This’ll help, but it won’t completely solve the problem.” He heard the question about further information about the contract and pulled out the contract he had kept in his coat “Ah that’s easy enough.” He looked at the contract and began to read the important parts “We have to ‘bring the killer or killers back alive to face justice. A bonus will be given if the murder weapon is brought back to tie the crime to the killer.’ The victims seem to have suffered the same fate at the hands of a similar or the same weapon. Under no circumstances are we allowed to kill any of the killers, or anyone we find down here.” He put the contract back into his inner coat pocket shaking his head “What a joke. The magic Council is being a nuisance again…Even so, those are our standing orders, and we will have to abide by them.” He said giving a shrug of helplessness.

WC: 1,858/ 11,250

Ryo's Info:

Books I've Written:
    Leila Vergious
    Leila Vergious

Eden's Rose

Eden's Rose

Post by Leila Vergious 23rd November 2017, 8:29 am

Word Count:
    2,614 / 11,250

Tags:
    @RyoKnetegawa

Active take-over:
    None

OOC:
    Spawned a batch of weak enemies for us to fight

They might not have much power as individuals and often cause problems for many mages that do not deserve it, yes. But I want to believe that Rune Knights and even the Magic Council are doing their very best to make everything right. In a society where so many people hold enough power to be considered super-humans, I cannot imagine how difficult it must be to create rules that would not discriminate one of the parties. As things are right now, the situation is not exactly the best. In fact, a lot is left to be desired. But I do believe that if things go south, the Rune Knights here will be able to finish our job. Heh, sorry… I’m rambling, aren’t I?” The girl wanted to speak her mind a little bit after Ryo stated his view of the knights and just how useless he thinks they are. It was harsh, yes. But at the same time, it was fair. At least partly. Rune Knights, they were mostly humans with very little to no magical abilities that desired to still help in one way or another. But in the face of an unbelievable power of a dark mage as the one they would have to soon defeat, they could never do anything. They would just die and not help anything. Some of them probably realized this, but still wanted to help at least somehow regardless. And Leila admired them for that, even if they perhaps didn’t fully deserve it at times.

She also worked with the Council for quite some time now. Which was perhaps the main reason she made it as one of the Saints. She never really shied away from them, even if their actions became a little questionable. And even when she knew that she was used as nothing more than a pawn, she still helped. In the most extreme way of thinking, it could also be said that she wanted to become part of the Council itself in some way so that she could try and change it for the better from inside. The girl was surprisingly resistant to corruption and temptation. For someone who went through so much and seen the darkest moments of this world, she was very innocent and naive. Perhaps because she chose to remain like that and did her very best not to cave in. That was Leila Vergious, nature’s traveler and a treasure hunter of sorts. The Saint of Eden… or in the common tongue, Saint of Paradise. But that was enough of getting distracted for now. They still had their contract to fulfill. And for the girl, the orders themselves worked out perfectly. She had never taken a life from a sentient creature before. She was fully against killing her opponents, but would not stop others from killing if that was something they were used to. She simply refused to bear that sin by herself. Some would surely find it foolish, but she didn’t mind. It was her own choice and that was the most important thing.

The sewers were certainly unpleasant, but it was far from something that would stop her. She was handed a breathing mask, but she didn’t want to rely on Ryo’s help in this manner too much. She would extend her open palm toward him in a sign that it was okay and that she just needed a moment. She was gathering her magical energy and once she had enough, her body would suddenly begin glowing blue. She would stretch and her form temporarily became wraith-like before returning to normal. “Gah! Alright, much better… apologies, I temporarily change my body and disabled my sense of smell. I am capable of shape-shifting you see.” Quickly explaining what she just did to Ryo, she would then listen to his take on the things. She already gave him her take on the Council and everything around it, so she simply listened and nodded once he was finished. Well, not much extra info was given. She figured mostly what was happening, but she hoped for something a little bit more concrete. Like the number of foes they would have to face. But no such luck it seemed. Thankfully they were two Wizard Saints, individuals with a great deal of power to back up their titles. Even if they didn’t have the advantage of extra information, there was probably no reason to be too afraid of the enemy getting an upper hand. Still, it was best not to underestimate the unknown.

Alright, not much to do but keep on going. Miss Pmpkinspice, if you spot an enemy, will you let us know please?” She would also address the sprite with a big smile on her face and a friendly tone of voice. She wasn’t completely sure how to help the creature become more at ease, but figured that maybe she would feel better if she felt like she was a true and important part of this job and that she actually helped. In any case, they would start going further in. And it seemed that they didn’t have to go all that far either. Only few turns later, Leila would suddenly slow down as her animal ears twitched few times in response to something. Extending her hand to the side toward Ryo, she would silently let him know that something was up. Embracing the fact that she would have to dirty her attire at least a little bit today, she pressed her body against the wall and approached the next corner rather carefully. And sure enough, some distance down the other hall was a larger group of darker mages. Judging by the magical energy they had in their bodies, they were nothing more than apprentices. But it was still unwise to take them lightly. Looking at Ryo and his companion, she nodded at him. Hoping that they would be able to help each other even though they never worked together before, she prepared to charge in if he would.

Non-template version:

RyoKnetegawa
    RyoKnetegawa

Car King Saint

Car King Saint

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by RyoKnetegawa 10th December 2017, 6:23 pm

Ryo listened intently to what his partner was telling him. She had a very optimistic view of the world, and there was no reason that she should have it. Even so, he decided that if he didn’t want the rest of the wizard saints to come looking for him at the magic council’s orders then he would do better to shut up now while he was ahead. When she asked if she was rambling he shook his head slowly his hat staying on his head despite the motion “Not rambling. I lose my temper rather easily and I really shouldn’t let my mouth run away like that. Even so, do not mind me. For now, just know that I’ve no reason to like the Rune Knights, nor do I agree with the Magic council.” He said very simply. When she held up the hand to show that she didn’t need his help he shrugged and morphed the card back to normal sticking it in the band of his hat. He had to admit that the changing one’s body was rather amusing and interesting to say the least.

He didn’t have to worry about it because he didn’t have to breath. Being undead as he was he didn’t need to breath and that meant he wasn’t affected by the scents that were in the sewer. The moment that he saw the hand that was being held out to stop him he stopped dead in his tracks. Glancing back at Hekate he shook his head “Do not get in trouble Hekate. Stay safe, and out of sight. We are going to go and handle these cretins.” He whispered to her as he slowly readied himself. Pulling off his gloves he stuffed them into one of his pockets instead pulling out a playing card which he then sent his magic through making it sharp. Nodding his head slowly he spoke “I can’t kill these creatures, but I will bring them close enough to death to make them wish I had killed them. Do not over exert yourself Leila.” He said reaching up to his shoulders to stab the card through the fabric of his coat and shirt causing two bleeding wounds on his shoulders.

When he did so he focused his power to allow them to form into two tendrils. These tendrils were six feet long and moved like whips to and fro as if they were already looking to strike whatever was nearby. He was ready to attack, and he did just that. Surging forward with speed that was clearly inhuman he put himself in the middle of the wizards. The shock of him appearing so quickly was enough for him to gain a very significant advantage in his attack. These all seemed to be apprentices that he was told about. The first two that were near him were struck by his blood whips and were instantly sent into unconsciousness, perhaps a coma, but they were still breathing. While his whips did this however, Ryo struck out at a wizard with a skull mask over his face with his silver blade. He didn’t use the actual blade, but instead used the back of his blade. Doing this was non-lethal, but it was incredibly painful especially since Ryo himself was much stronger in this dark environment with very little natural light. He could allow his inhuman nature to take over, and in so doing his strength was even stronger.

Taking out these three apprentices alerted the others, and most of them caught on to the fact that they were being attacked. The first one to get his feet under him was a Dark apprentice at least that was what Ryo assumed from the power that he was trying to cast. A fist made of shadows and darkness shot out at Ryo. He only just had time to dodge under it and allow his whips to shoot out and slap down two more Apprentices. These hit the ground a bit harder than he had intended, but the rules were alive. He could break them, he could hurt them, and he could put them into comas. The only rule was they had to be alive. The only real benefit to this job was the fact that the magic council was mum about the condition of life that they had to be in. All in all, he had brought down six of these apprentice wizards one of whom was suspected of being one of the wizards who could command Death magic. This had been a theory of the magic council that some of these people were capable of using this very terrible black magic. Ryo’s best guess that among the apprentices the ones that were able to use the death magic were those who decided to be stupid or obnoxious enough to put skull masks over their faces.

He could see two more of those kinds of apprentices in the crowd that was still around him. That was when he felt it. A pain shot through his whole body and he turned to look at one of the apprentices. He could feel some parts of him trying to die. This was interesting, he hadn’t felt death since his change. This was feeling that he didn’t like, but at the same time some deep part of him relished the feeling. He was technically undead, and thus didn’t die in the natural way. Still, this magic did have some effect on him. He glared at the Wizard who attacked him, and he allowed his blood whip to shoot out slapping the man into unconsciousness, while the other shot out towards the other bringing him into the realm of unconsciousness. Slowly standing he glared at the other wizard apprentices that were around him. He made himself ready for the next attack that was coming for him. With the way he attacked and the ferocity of his attack he made sure that all the attention was on him. He made a quick count and frowned he had brought down eight of these weakling little apprentices, but he could see at least 5 more still around him. He hoped that his partner would be able to handle them with as much ease as he did.

WC: 2,902/ 11,250
    HP: 470/500
    MP: 100%
    Spells:
    Sinful Blood (Whip): Duration begins

Ryo's Info:

Books I've Written:
    Leila Vergious
    Leila Vergious

Eden's Rose

Eden's Rose

Post by Leila Vergious 19th December 2017, 3:37 pm

Word Count:
    3,864 / 11,250

Tags:
    @RyoKnetegawa

Active take-over:
    None

OOC:
    -

Leila listened to the man’s reply and while their views on things were quite different in certain areas, it did matter rather little. As long as they could still hold some respect for each other and their work, then they would be able to cooperate no problem in order to deliver a swift end to the operation of these dark mages. She did not know why he harbored such deep hate for the Rune Knights and perhaps even the Council itself, but she would not try to tear this answer from him either. They had just met and such matter was surely very personal, so even trying to ask would be very inconsiderate of her. Such was the nature of secrets. It was only right to assume that the other person was unwilling until they would reveal the secret on their own. Some would surely argue that a bit of coaxing could be required at times, but she’d dare to do that only with a very good friend she had known for ages. Of course, there was some small semblance of hope that she could get to know her fellow Saint at a better level than just as two holders of a similar title, but those were plans for far away future. Right now, they had to focus on the task at hand anyway. And just as she suspected, the man would take the lead into his own hands as they spotted the group of enemies. For now, she would watch how he wished to deal with this problem.

Knowing the skills of the other person was always a rather important part of teamwork. And while she knew his card magic from the public information as well as what he displayed not too long ago, she easily noticed the blood magic as well. It was one of the more strange combinations, at least for someone who didn’t know much about cards or vampires. While the girl had her share of experience with beasts and monsters, humanoid vampiric beasts were always something extremely difficult to identify when they did not wish to be found out. In any case, she observed the fight taking place as she continued to peek from around the corner. Naturally, Ryo was good. Being a powerful mage was one of the requirements for being a Wizard Saint. But here they stood against foes of great power and even he would require a little bit of assistance against numbers that large. Once Leila saw all the abilities present on the battlefield, she herself was ready to join in as her body suddenly dissolved into the air itself. And as the last five enemies surrounded her comrade, she would appear behind one of them, slightly above the ground and her hand already in the ready position. With a single powerful strike, she would send one of the apprentices straight into the slime-covered floor with enough force for the impact to knock him out. While she talked a lot about how she didn’t want to kill anyone, her fighting style was always something pretty brutal when observed up close.

From her hand would shoot out a vine of sorts, similar to a whip but more akin to a sentient serpent in the way it moved and started coiling around another one of the dark mages. Pulling him in, he suddenly became a meat shield for a wave of shadows that were heading in Leila’s direction in order to slam into her. Though she just hopped to the side and watched as her poor shield flew and crashed into a nearby wall after receiving an attack from his comrade. Behind her back would suddenly appear a blue discus assembled from several parts, floating and rotating in the air without actually touching her back. Quickly having this peculiar weapon of hers slide to her arm, she would toss her hand forward and that was enough for the stone circle to fly out at the speed of a shot bullet, hitting the mage who just attacked square in the nose and bouncing off to fly around Ryo and then toward the remaining two enemies. While that was happening, the one already hit stumbled backward from the pain as he held his face in his palm, not even realizing Leila had closed the distance and her fist was about to double the damage. Effectively knocking him out, she would now start paying attention to the two that managed to shield themselves with shadows as the discus just bounced off of them and returned to its owner.

With a sigh, she would just smile at the two and scratch the back of her head. “Normally, people would quickly give up after witnessing the rest of their party put down like that. Are those shields really necessary?” Her words that could probably be seen as a feeble attempt at a diplomatic solution were rewarded with a smirk from one of the mages as the girl quickly turned around. Though a bit too late, a wave of black energy slammed into her left side and got absorbed into her body. Taking few steps back, Leila looked at her left arm that was now pitch black. She managed to block the attack with it, but it had consequences. Only mere seconds later, her entire arm would just fall apart and turn into ashes. In front of her were reinforcements, more of the death and darkness mages. “The aspect of Death itself, granted a physical form through the art of dark magic… that’s pretty rare. If you guys weren’t so bad, I’d love to have a chat about it, what a shame.” Despite her arm being gone, the girl’s reaction was rather tame, to say the least. Aiming her other hand at the sewer ceiling, she suddenly looked over her shoulder at Ryo and shouted. “Take cover!” And without any further warning, another vine shot out of her palm and buried itself in the ceiling.

Only now, it would start growing exponentially in there. And in an instant, trees started tearing through the cold stone, causing large chunks of it to fall down. But it was not a total collapse of the entire underground, not at all. It was a controlled environmental attack that resulted in heavy stones and bricks falling mostly only at the dark mages and forcing them to the ground or completely unconscious. About fifteen seconds later, the trees and roots would stop moving and so did the enemy. It appeared that this one batch of foes was quite nicely defeated. Turning toward her partner, Leila would smirk herself now, wondering if she showed him something good there. And her arm was not a problem either, as countless vines were suddenly sprouting from the stump and creating a shape of a new hand, the green slowly turning into a new skin, meat and blood. Much like Ryo, Leila was not really a human. Something that came with the benefits of having a body that could regenerate even fatal wounds rather easily. But unlike him, she never made any efforts to hide it at all. Even now, that fact was showed to everyone present rather clearly. “Those guys were quite the surprise. And while the idea of collapsing parts of the ceiling worked rather well, I don’t think I should continue doing it. Unless we want to be buried here along with them, of course. Though I’m personally not that big of a fan of that idea.

Non-template version:

RyoKnetegawa
    RyoKnetegawa

Car King Saint

Car King Saint

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by RyoKnetegawa 21st December 2017, 5:27 pm

Ryo watched the ones who were still near him with the burning hatred in his eyes. However, he was sure that he could take the few foes that were left to him, but before he could act Leila moved in, so she could act. Watching her act was a real treat and he had to admit that despite her appearance she could fight. The strange weapon that she wielded was a bit beyond him, but he had to admit that she used it with very great skill. She used a man as a meat shield in order to escape a blow. This was very well done, and Ryo had to admit that this was a good strategy and he would’ve been smart to employ it himself.

Watching her however, Ryo saw that this woman was even less human that he was. Telling him to take cover was only slightly without need as he sat down crossing his legs and waiting patiently. The cave in was grand and worked just like they needed it to. Ryo was protected from most of the debris as what little there was that came his way the two whips made of blood lashed out and destroyed them turning them into so much ashphalt. When the rubble was done falling, and all was quiet Ryo looked up at Leila smiling widely nodding his head in approval “That was very well done. Yes, we shall have to be careful. Although I could easily get us through the rubble that falls to block our path. Even so, we do not want to create harder work for me. I could live in these sewers, you, I don’t think you would fair as well. No offense my lady.” He rose from the floor and a small sea of cards were under him as he did so.

Waving his hands, the rushed to his grasp. Once inside he started to fashion them into chains, cuffs, and other tools to help restrain the prisoners. He moved about locking and chaining them up together making sure their hands were on opposite sides of their body, their eyes blinded by cards, and their mouths gagged as well. He would not allow any of them to speak a spell weave an incantation, or any other means that Ryo knew of using magic. Only when he was sure that there were enough bonds on them to keep this from happening would he move back to look down at all of the men who were bound “I think it is safe to say that we have cleared the sewers of these foul cretins.” Glancing over his right shoulder a pumpkin orange light came floating into view. Smiling Ryo nodded his head “Hekate, perfect timing. Please go and tell those oafs at the entrance about their prisoners. They can surely take it from here. We will clear the place out they only need to come behind us and pick up their prisoners. When they are secure could you collect all of the cards and hold onto them for me? I would greatly appreciate it.”

Hekate rolled her eyes as her wings fluttered, but she nodded her head “Sure thing.” She turned and fluttered back out the way that the two wizards had come down.

As she left Ryo looked to Leila and then to the arm that had restored itself and he smiled “Well, it is good to know that she has that covered. It is also good to know that I am not the only one who is not human down here. I figured there must be others who were not entirely human out there in the world, but I didn’t exactly keep my hopes high.” He said as he pushed on through the tunnel where the surprise guests had come from “So, tell me, what are you exactly? Of course, I shall be more than happy to go first. I am not a secretive person by nature, only a recently learned behavior.” He said very simply as he moved through the sewer his eyes perfectly capable of seeing in these darkened spaces as he went about. Clearing his throat more out of habit than need he said “I am a vampire. I suppose since I killed all the other vampires aside from one I could be called Nosferatu. I don’t really know the proper title for me other than vampire. Which works just fine as a title for me really. Being a Vampire isn’t as bad as one might think, but the whole feeding on blood thing is a new experience. It is due to the Vampiric power I have that I was also able to obtain Blood magic. This is why my arm wasn’t destroyed when hit with the death magic. I’m not sure their power works on me the same way it does other completely living beings. Still, it does do its work and it is painful to experience, even if it doesn’t completely destroy my limbs like it did yours.” Looking back at her he slowly raised one eyebrow “However, it seems that you don’t mind a limb lost here and there. Care to tell me what exactly you are?”

3,769/ 11,250
    Spells:
    Sinful Blood (Whip): 1/5

Ryo's Info:

Books I've Written:
    Leila Vergious
    Leila Vergious

Eden's Rose

Eden's Rose

Post by Leila Vergious 25th December 2017, 4:02 pm

Word Count:
    4,884 / 11,250

Tags:
    @RyoKnetegawa

Active take-over:
    None

OOC:
    -

Ryo was certainly a good partner to be with during a dangerous mission like this one. Being able to quickly analyze the situation and trust his ally, he heeded the girl’s call and tried to cover himself when the ceiling started falling apart, albeit in a slightly unconventional way. He certainly trusted his magic, but that was a good thing in its own right. So once the fight was over, he was quickly back at his feet and even complimenting Leila. Something that made her eyes widen ever so slightly and a rosy blush to appear on her cheeks. Despite holding a position like a Wizard Saint, she was actually not used to others praising her abilities or actions. In fact, that was something extremely rare for some reason. But this was no time to be distracted like that. So she quickly shook that feeling off and instead just smiled at her companion. “I’ll gladly accept this praise of yours, Mister Ryo. Your abilities are quite the sight to behold as well, and while I do not doubt your words for a moment, it’d be best we did not collapse the entire sewer system of this city. It would probably lead to a great deal of inconvenience for many individuals. And no offense taken, I would prefer to live elsewhere myself.” Of course, the citizens of this place were the first thing that came to her mind when a collapse was mentioned. But in the end, she spoke her words with joy in them, still showing her cheerful nature.

And not only was Ryo more than capable in a fight, he also came prepared. Or, well… his magic made him prepared. Yes, Leila could have created similar objects to restrain these dark mages using vines, but she honestly trusted her partner’s creation to last longer than her own in a place like this. But it was somewhat funny in a way, seeing how they could just walk through this place without the need of having someone carry such items in a bag. The power to create with magic, it was always fascinating. She watched all those men be restrained and then quietly observed the card king interact with his fairy once again. Quite convenient that they had someone who could inform the Rune Knights in their stead like this. Left alone, she expected to start moving again. But instead, her new friend opened up a topic she did not think would be discussed here today. She would chuckle at the words she heard and then looked Ryo in the eyes. “That stunt from before gave you an idea like this, did it? While you are correct in assuming that I am not a human, my arm was restored only thanks to my magic alone. It had nothing to do with what I am. You have almost revealed your secret to someone who could have been a regular human~” She teased him just a little bit as they started walking deeper into the underground maze of filth.

Since he was quite eager to explain what exactly he was first, she remained quiet for a little bit and listened. Though when he mentioned vampirism, her eyes started glowing like small fireflies in the darkness. She adored the ‘supernatural’ and magical beings and the fact that she, for once, wasn’t on the side where she had to eliminate one was rather pleasant. And while she wanted to ask about a million and one question, she tried to retain her composure and let Ryo finish talking. First had to come a proper introduction, then there would surely be time for questions later. “I see. You certainly carry the noble visage of a vampire with you. It is the greatest pleasure to me to be working with someone like you, Mister Ryo.” Getting ahead of him, she would face the man and bow once again, just like when they met outside. “As for me, it is unfortunately as simple or straightforward. However, I have found out that it is most simple to compare me to a spirit. Surely you have at least heard about celestial mages, yes? Summoners that use silver and golden keys to bring spirits from the Celestial Realm. Only, instead of that world, I was born in the Void. As such, I am a Void spirit. But in reality, it’s a little different than that.” Stopping for a moment, she tried to think about what to say next.

The matter of her existence was a complex one indeed. And just explaining it could easily result in the other person being none the wiser. But since she had no simple version aside from the Void Spirit explanation, she just signed and tried to say it how it actually was. “Before this world, Earthland, was even created, I was born. In the Void that exist between different world, there still exists ethernano - magic particles. Eventually, a large amount of them created a cloud that was dense enough to gain physical form and the ability to think. That is how I was created. Hehe, if you want to be all abstract and philosophical, you could say that I am sentient magic that gained physical form.” Well, so much for trying to look sane. But that was the actual truth. She was way, way older than this whole world. But most of that life, she spent not even properly living. As such, the age she truly counted was only around 20 or so years. “As for my arm, that’s my magic. You probably already noticed that I can create and control nature itself. At some point, I’ve grown to be in the tune with this power so much that I gained the ability to ‘grow’ my body as well. It’s little weird, I realize that. But it does come handy. On the other hand, it also makes fire my greatest enemy. I think that’s something I might have in common with a Vampire?” She tried to create at least a small link between them, though she was unsure it would do any good at all.

Non-template version:

RyoKnetegawa
    RyoKnetegawa

Car King Saint

Car King Saint

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by RyoKnetegawa 10th January 2018, 10:47 pm

As Ryo heard that his partner was happy with his praise even though it was well deserved, and he didn’t feel that he was doing anything special he bowed his head slightly. He also was flattered that she thought so highly of his magic being that he didn’t feel the same way. Mostly it was because he knew that it was funneled by his abandonment of his humanity for the Vampiric touch that he had suffered. Still, he couldn’t complain as he had chosen it and he was grateful that someone found the beauty in his magic. He certainly enjoyed his magic despite the fact that it gained more power the more he killed and the more blood he spilled. He smiled as he nodded his head slowly “I wouldn’t enjoy living here either. Still, I could survive just fine. Being what I am of course.”

With Hekate taking care of their prisoners and there being no further enemies Ryo was happy to relax and talk with Leila. He smirked showing his fangs as she teased him a little bit and he shook his head “It is usually a safe assumption that someone having a magic that can allow them to reattach limbs must not be human any longer. I’ve yet to meet a single wholly human individual with such magic. Just look at Dragon Slayers, I wouldn’t qualify them as wholly human anymore either.” He said with a wider smile “Even so, perhaps I wouldn’t allow a non-human to leave these sewers alive having spilled my secret.” He flexed his brows three times to show that he was indeed joking and playing around.

Seeing the small glow in her eyes when he mentioned Vampirism he could only assume that she was one of those strange folks who idolized or was obsessed with the ‘supernatural’ in the world. He thought these people to be strange in every sense of the word. In all reality he knew very little about creatures like him, and his knowledge came only from his own lessons he learned while being a vampire. Hence, he always wore his leather duster, his broad brimmed hat, and his gloves. He wore these before his change, but he always had to endure the terrible heat inside of his clothes. Thankfully, being undead and having a much colder body temperature than normal he didn’t overheat anymore. When she complimented the way, he carried himself he chuckled bowing his head pulling his hat off of his head to put over his heart “Thank you, however, I carried myself like this even before my change. The mistress I had who taught me magic, also taught me how she believed men should act. This was the result of that training.” Nodding his head at her question he pulled out a tarot card forming it into a key that was silver in color and was a perfect mimicry of a Celestial Mage’s key. “I used to be one before my change.” He said to show he understood what she was getting after.

Hearing her explanation Ryo took on a look of deep concentration and speculation. He listened to her explanation and seemed to really consider it. The void was something that he knew about in some vague aspect, being that the spirits of the constellations were formed in the void and they had powers that were beyond humans. With this being the case he could believe that other creatures and beings could be born of the void as well. It was no more or less crazy then his new heritage. A dying man exchanging blood with a dead man, and basically being a walking corpse that needs to feed off the life essence of other living creatures. Not to mention the even more insane idea of ‘Blood being the currency of the soul’ which was part of the secret behind a vampire’s immortality. When she started to talk about her magic and the common weakness of Fire Ryo nodded his head slowly “Yes, Vampires are very susceptible to fire. In fact, we burn very well once we get alight. I must admit that I was impressed when I killed Vampires with fire. Still, the staking through the heart, cutting off their heads, and sunlight or light magic are also very effective. Even silver does some kind of special damage to us.” He pulled out his blade and let the silver steel gleam in the low light “If I didn’t have these gloves of mine then I would be wholly unable to even lift this blade, much less use it.” Sheathing his silver sword once more he looked at her with that fanged smile “Well, it seems we both have very interesting lives. Although, I have only recently left humanity behind. I am curious what it must be like to have never been human.”

It was at this point that he stopped and looked down a tunnel his eyes becoming black as pitch and he hissed out softly “Well, it seems that we have company coming. We shall have to continue this conversation later.” He drew his blade once again ready to use the back of the blade as he had before. Moving towards the tunnel he got into position against one of the openings as he heard the sound of footsteps running towards him and his partner.

4,662/ 11,250
    Spells:
    Sinful Blood (Whip): 2/5

Ryo's Info:

Books I've Written:
    Leila Vergious
    Leila Vergious

Eden's Rose

Eden's Rose

Post by Leila Vergious 4th June 2018, 3:56 pm

Word Count:
    6,003 / 11,250

Tags:
    @RyoKnetegawa

Active take-over:
    None

OOC:
    -

A small sigh would escape from the girl. Not one of disappointment, nor disapproval. Or anything negative, really. Perhaps just the weight of the conversation falling onto her shoulders. Or maybe the morbid nature of living, when it came to discussing such matters. “Yes, I am sure you would be able to survive her just fine, as would I. Or just about anyone with a little bit of clever thinking. However, could you truly call it life if you were stuck in a place like this? For me, living is all about seeing the beauty that the world around us has to offer. Unlike most of this place.

She was an adventurer alright. And of course, her vision of life wasn’t something as simple as just going around and seeing things one would consider beautiful. That, however, was quickly getting into an area far too philosophical for them to worry about right now. Such conversations were reserved for when one could take a comfortable seat by a table with a cup of their favorite tea. Sewers like these were far more immediate and pressing topics to be talked about, such as how to deal with the dark mages that seemed to be all around here.

Though them defeating the enemies did allow for some extra time and comfort of discussing more lighthearted topics for the time being. Such as the nature of their magic and how it made them human or not. “Oh? But how does one define human then? If we go by that magic, then wouldn’t it be right to stay that all wizards are no longer human, even if they were at birth? After all, magic is part of one’s very self. It grows along with us and our emotions have a great impact on magic’s performance.

Something that she had seen a number of times over again on her journeys. Anger that made magic go out of control. Or calmness that made it stand still as an unmoving lake, devoid of all life. Well, it certainly seemed that it was somewhat difficult to stay away from abstract topics that had no real answers when it came down to Leila. She was not of this world, so it intrigued her greatly. That, in turn, triggered many interpretations of everything that was around her. A curious world, it was. And magic even more so, especially with people like Ryo who were affected by it more than most.

To his almost cruel joke, she would smile and turn her head to the side slightly, as if she was submerged in the sea of her own thoughts for a moment. “Secrets… hehe, do those not exist only so they can be shared with others? But regardless, I will keep your true nature to myself. Though I believe that if it became a public knowledge, most people would still accept you how you are. There is fear, at first. Always. But in time… people do realize how things truly are, and that they can trust.

After all, there were several other individuals that knew of Leila’s own true nature. Her being born in the Void between worlds. There might have been confusion or even caution at first, but she remained good friends with them all. And as far as public opinion went, she never tried to keep her true self a secret. Though no one ever really asked, so it was not common knowledge, what she truly was. Intriguing how it all worked, no? But if even these almost inhuman dragon slayers could be accepted and admired, then surely could also a Void Spirit and a Vampire be.

Ryo was also not only a powerful mage but also seemingly a gentleman. At least in the presence of this silver-haired maiden. His gesture with a hat put over his chest made her chuckle lightly as her eyes rested on his form once more. “Then I am glad you had a wonderful mistress. Sometimes the world truly lacks men who know how to act in a civil manner.” Barbarians seemed to be still aplenty, even in a world that managed to progress this much with its ethical system.

He also disclosed that he used to be a celestial wizard of sorts before his magic was changed to one of a vampire and blood. “What a coincidence. It is quite nice to see someone who appreciates or at least appreciated the art of summoning. There are not as many of us in this day and age it seems.” She would nod to her own words, not even really being able to recall any powerful summoners. In the future, she would get to know at least one or two, but at this point in time, she truly did not know many, which was a great shame.

What the girl found somewhat strange was Ryo’s mention of several weaknesses that vampires had. The fire seemed to be pretty universal, yes. But when he mentioned beheading, getting a stake through his heart and even silver, her eyebrows raised considerably, showcasing a surprised expression. “Well, that is most intriguing. I have once read a journal of a fallen warrior in which he mentioned a terrific vampire who would just not die as long as he had blood and was hidden in the darkness. They even turned his body into a paste to stop him, but he eventually reformed.

Perhaps there were multiple breeds of vampires, each boasting different strengths but also different weaknesses? It was most certainly possible, wasn’t it? Variations were in many different places, even where a person would not expect them. Though Ryo suddenly arrived at a somewhat painful note. How was it to never have been a human in the first place? The moment she heard it, Leila took an instinctive step back as her fists clenched, her lips quivering ever so slightly. “I… that is…” but she could not finish, as the vampire sensed something in the darkness.

Clearly, she had more to say but now was not the time, as more dark mages were probably on their way. Following the man’s lead, the girl did her best to stay hidden in the shadows of this place, listening. Heavy boots hiding the surface of a shallow body of water. Considering where they were, it was no surprise that they would step into all kinds of sludge and dirty water while moving about. Thankfully this gave them a sort of advantage in the element of surprise. Looking around, she suddenly jumped up and positioned herself near the ceiling on several bricks and stones that were not properly slotted into the wall. She planned to jump behind the enemy squad once they showed themselves.

Non-template version:

RyoKnetegawa
    RyoKnetegawa

Car King Saint

Car King Saint

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by RyoKnetegawa 7th June 2018, 3:58 am

This was a very interesting question for Ryo and he seemed to really take his time in considering the question. After a very long moment of silence he said “Well, I think I read or heard somewhere that only with an eternal life can one truly find purpose in life, see the beauty of the world in its entirety, and view the world with a practical eye. Maybe I am wrong or paraphrasing poorly. Even so, I wouldn’t call this place living, but I know plenty of beings who would.” He smirked and looked to the entrance where they had entered “I wonder if Hekate would enjoy it?” he mused to himself but knowing full well that she would hate it.

Still, he decided that he would return his focus to the task at hand, and there was no need to be so philosophical. In fact, he was running out of the ability to be so. True enough he had plenty of time to read, and think deeply now, but he was still raised an urchin in the streets more than anything. Most of his wisdom and knowledge were of the street variety so they weren’t much for helping with the path through philosophy.

He shook his head slowly “No, humans are born human. It is when you change your humanity or add something that is different than human to your humanity that you give it up. For instance, in order to become a vampire, one must surrender their humanity, their sense of self, the abilities that make humans unique, and various other things. I am a vampire, I gave up all my humanity in exchange for the powers and being of a vampire. From what I can tell of slayers they bring in either a demon, god, or dragon into their humanity which changes them from strictly human to something more. Magic is something that most creatures can use. Granted it is a living thing and changes with the person, but it is a part of humanity. It is a gift that occurs naturally in humans, as it can occur naturally in many other beings, creatures, or other such things. I define human based on the characteristics of their body, and ability. They can walk in daylight, they can eat regular food, they do not need to accrue the currency of the soul in order to exist, they are living. Etc.”

He gave a shrug of his shoulders at her wisdom before he nodded his head “Yes, you are correct. Fear is there at first, and many would still accept me. However, it belongs to the owner of the secret to decide whom to trust with it, and who should get that knowledge. You are a wizard Saint. You are worthy of trust, and as you are risking your life as I am mine, I can share secrets with you.”

Ryo knew that she was very right in her stance and he also knew several people who accepted him. However, he was still trying to find acceptance from his family. His family of Sabertooth, and it was a slow-going process. He relied heavily on the things he did for his family, so they could accept him. He relied heavily on the reputation of his with the rest of the world as a wizard saint in order to lower the fear. However, those who fought with him would be the ones who would likely be able to accept it more easily because they knew that he would step between them and death without hesitation. He would also do all that he could to make sure they came back from the fight even if he did not. With the talk in his guild about appointing a second guild master he hoped that if he took the post he would be able to tell even more people he could trust.

Ryo smirked his fangs poking out even more as he did so “Yes, she is a wonderful woman. I would agree with you, sadly men can’t be relied upon as much as they should be. It is sad in its own way, for only a man may kill a monster. It seems men are in short, short supply. Maybe I will live a lot longer than I thought I would. Well, I guess my unlife will be longer than I should’ve expected.” He said with another dark chuckle at his own demise. Presently he said “However, a man should always be ready to be a barbarian to defend himself, home, and family. That is what Sabertooth is, we are the shield that guards Fiore, and this realm.”

He nodded his head fondly as he looked up at the ceiling of their surroundings “Yes, I really did love being a celestial wizard. I wonder if Virgo is doing well? I am sure that Cerberus misses me, as for the others they are back home, and I imagine are grateful that they don’t have to come to my beck and call so often. Still, I would love to find a way to visit them someday. I have eternity to look for them after all.” He said with a fond smile spreading across his face as he reminisced.

He gave a shrug as she mentioned it “I am only a newly made Vampire, but the one who turned me taught me much and more. He was old, and by old, I mean ancient. He shared lots of his memories and experiences with me in so doing. However, I am sure that so long as our heart remains we would be likely to come back given enough time. Still, it makes no matter, I don’t plan to allow such to happen to me.”

Ryo did notice the uncomfortable atmosphere that filled the chamber when he asked that question more to himself than anyone else. Still, he hoped that one day he could find out what she would’ve said. He could hear people coming and he saw where Leila went so that she could hide and drop in on the rest of the group. He stood still as stone waiting and he wouldn’t make a sound while he slowly drew his newest weapon. He had it made shortly before this job, but he didn’t know if it would work. He slipped his left hand to his holster and withdrew the pistol flowing his magic into it. He needed to shoot a lot of bullets as fast as he could, so he made sure that it was ready for burst firing. The group rushed into the room. A man in the middle of the group spoke “The Archmage asked me to lead you pathetic lot. Maybe a Master at the powerful magic of death can help you worthless cowards fight better. Spread out, they can’t have gone far!” he shouted at the rest of the the group. It was clear that the majority of this group was made up of apprentices as they were nervous as hell, however, there were two near the master wearing skull masks who smelled of death and decay. All in all, Ryo counted a dozen people. If three were real threats that meant the other nine were apprentices. Yet, now that Ryo had a chance to look at them as they searched for a moment his vampiric ability allowing him a moment to notice that the masks were different either straight black, or a skull mask. He wondered if the skull mask meant death magic users. Still, he would find that out later.

He raised his left hand and pulled the trigger twice in quick succession. The loud swooshing of air was the only signal that the ten playing cards shot out of the gun in order to slam into one of the apprentices. The ten cards dropped him to the ground while Ryo’s whips shot out and slapped two more apprentices into unconsciousness. Ryo turned his attention to one of the apprentices wearing a skull mask pulling the trigger on his pistol once more three times. The first set of five were destroyed by a ball of energy that caused the cards to wilt, and what seemed like die turning to dust. He smirked as the next ten struck home. A third of the group was down and Ryo had to move in order to keep from being smashed by the ball of death and dark magic that struck where he had been standing. He pulled the trigger on his pistol several more times and shot as many of the wizards in the group as he could before the gun came dry. He pulled the trigger one last time and nothing happened only the click of the hammer. He hoped he created the opening for Leila to take advantage of.

WC: 6,130/ 11,250
    MP: 560/600
    Spells:
    Sinful Blood (Whip): 3/5
    Burst Fire (Ace of Spades ability) CD Begin

Enemy count:

Ryo's Info:

Books I've Written:

Current date/time is 1st May 2024, 2:50 pm