Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Flaws in the system

Kusanagi
    Kusanagi

1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : None
    Position : None
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 37.5

Flaws in the system Empty Flaws in the system

Post by Kusanagi 16th April 2017, 10:34 pm

Been a very long time since I’ve bitched obnoxiously made suggestions about flaws I see in the system however I figured I’d do some now. I put them all in spoilers so if you don’t wanna read all of them you don’t have to.

HP and damage:

Takeovers:

Immunities:

Limitations:

MP:

_____________________________________________________________________________________

E's Dialogue
    E's Thoughts
    Raiza
    Raiza

The Red Player

The Red Player

Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- 11 Sinner- Coming Storms- Dark Guild Ace- A-Rank- Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Descendant of the First Reaper
    Position : Sinner #5: Wrath
    Guild : Savage Skull
    Experience : 225,322.5

Character Sheet
    First Skill: The Reckoning
    Second Skill: Death's Game
    Third Skill:

Flaws in the system Empty Re: Flaws in the system

Post by Raiza 17th April 2017, 6:16 am

Nothing forces you to use stats in friendly pvp with another player in which you agree how the fight happens. Hp & Mp as we've seen it countless times is used fairly well on the site. They exist to balance the site out, after all, not everyone is a human.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Flaws in the system YdfXSKP
    Strawberry
    Strawberry

Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Blessed By the Fourth Wall
    Position : None
    Experience : 250

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Anime Magic
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Strawberry 17th April 2017, 7:42 am

HP: As Raiza said, no one is forcing you to use the HP value. It's there for balance in the site, and to be honest no one is gonna run complaining to the staff that you went beyond 0 HP after taking a hit, since there is no reward for PvP any longer. There is nothing to gain, and it is all plot-related. Therefore, you could determine yourself how much damage something would do, given it only grazed you, etc.

Takeover: I don't use takeover, didn't read.

Immunities: I've already said this on discord and I guess I'll say it again now. A single rank doesn't make you immune to the effects of a spell, TWO ranks do. All spell effects have 100% effect on someone your rank, 50% effect one someone one rank above you, and 0% effect on someone 2 ranks or above. And this honestly ISN'T really that much of a problem, because to be honest all the risks of PvP and even PvE (which is far easier) are already blatantly given out to you. If you're doing a job that is C rank, as a D rank, with a B rank boss, you know beforehand that you might have to fight a B rank who would be completely immune to your spell effects. And if you downright challenge someone 2 ranks or more above you, you already know the challenges you'll be having to fight. And again, no one is going to run after you if you and your partner both agree to bypass the "2 ranks and above" immunity thing because at this point in the site PvP is just a friendly thing for plot that most people don't even do. In a job, it's always PvE so again no one is going to burn you if you blinded that one B rank boss. This is even less of an issue since the only time you'll frequently be fighting people that are 2 ranks or more ahead of you would be when you're in the mentoring program, since you can go on jobs that are 2 ranks ahead of you. However under normal circumstances the most that'll happen to you would be a boss of a job 1 rank ahead of you.

Limitations: Rules being enforced by an iron fist is very minimal, at least in my experience. If someone knows how to balance a magic, then the only problems they'd have here or there is something very minimal like not putting a range or making the duration a little too long. The whole point of the rules being there is that they're a guideline. If you want to explain why you did something in your magic, why you bent, not broke, but bent the rules a little, explain it to the mod. Maybe they'll have a change of heart, who knows? I personally like to talk to every mod that does my magics, weapons, etc simply because it gives me the sense that it's a two-way street, so there is nothing to fear about that "Cold Iron Fist." If a mod says something is too OP, you explain why it isn't, the mod could say "Okay the concept of it is fine, just tone it down a little." Or, hell, if you explain why it isn't OP the mod could overall just allow it. It's happened many times before, because all of the mods know that the rules are a guideline, nothing more. Of course guideline shouldn't be abused, but that's what they are. The only limitations put on magics are the limitations of how OP they are.

MP: I like the MP system. Albeit I don't like the MP costed by spells... that's a story for another day. However, a numerical MP system is just fine because that's actually seen inside Fairy Tail and most RPs / RPGs in general. You can't fling an infinite amount of spells because you just don't have the power for that. Your strongest spell is going to take more out of you than a weaker spell. At some point, you've reached mastery of your lower-tier spells so much that they don't even cost mana anymore. It's all fair, and a numerical value is perfectly fine. Besides, like the HP value, no one is ENFORCING it. It's simply there as a baseline for PvP and PvE, to make things a bit more realistic. If you want to go beyond the 100% cap in PvP go ahead, just make sure both parties agree to it. If you want to bypass the mana cap in a job then GO AHEAD. There is often times where I don't even list my HP and MP in a job because I just don't care enough to. As long as I'm being realistic with the punishment I can take, the spells I can fling, etc I feel content with myself. So yeah, you do you.

All in all, it's a matter of perspective.

Flaws in the system NaomiSig
    Cr1tikal
    Cr1tikal

Player 
    Cosmic Coins : 8
    Experience : 0

Character Sheet
    First Skill: FrostFire Dragon Slayer
    Second Skill: Cosmic Slayer
    Third Skill:

Post by Cr1tikal 19th April 2017, 11:37 pm

Kusanagi wrote:Been a very long time since I’ve bitched obnoxiously made suggestions about flaws I see in the system however I figured I’d do some now. I put them all in spoilers so if you don’t wanna read all of them you don’t have to.

HP and damage:
    Just for PvP for positions and events that involve it. Jobs/Friendly PvP no one keeps an eye on it UNLESS someone makes a job that requires it to.

Takeovers:
    Any of the main Take-over users will tell you this is actually one of the better magics. They are not disadvantaged. The amount of buffs/free stats they can get is better than the limited time/hp of the spells.

Immunities:
    Immunities like you are talking about are generally for stuns/etc. If you make your spells properly you don't always have the 2 rank above is immune limitation. Yes, 2 rank. You were off by a rank on that.

Limitations:
    It's case-by-case for most magics. Mods are supposed to base it on the overall theme of YOUR magic and abilities/weapons/armors/pet/lineage as a whole. If you have 80 buff spells you are likely not getting +25% in every single one of them, where someone with 1 buff spell is able to get +50-75% if they pull it off correctly. Now, some stuff DOES have set numbers and such we tell the mods to keep spells stats at. And the guidelines/rules also have other limitations if you read through them.

MP:
    Same thing I said for HP.

My notes are in red.

Flaws in the system MQNhOUw

Current date/time is 26th April 2024, 11:16 am