Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Declined Section

Invidia
    Invidia

Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Player 
    Lineage : Zeus' Descendant
    Position : None
    Guild : Grim Heresy
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 150

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Blood Curse
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Declined Section Empty Declined Section

Post by Invidia 23rd August 2016, 9:49 am

I personally think that a declined or unapproved section for suggestions should be put in place.

First and foremost, tidiness. It would honestly clean out all of the clutter in the suggestions section. We currently have 6 pages of clutter that are either ignored, declined, or still in the midst of making a decision. With the declined section, it would bring down that number count, putting all the (hopefully) still-relevant threads out there.

Secondly, I'd say it would bring up the staff-to-member communication, vital to many sites. This way, members would know which topics are being ignored, declined, and still in progress of finalizing. The declined threads would go in the declined section, showing members that there's no use in bringing it back up. The rest of the suggestions fall into the ignored or WIP categories.

• If this suggestion were to be implemented, I'd say when a staff member finalizes the decision on declining the suggestion, they must give a reason. It's for the best, really. If the said staff member gives a reason instead of saying just no, members can read and attempt to understand the staff's point of view. In this case, there'd be less revival of dead suggestions and complaining.

Last edited by Invidia on 23rd August 2016, 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Declined Section Invidia_signature_by_jayooni-daenx92
    Click the signature for a directory.
    Shard
    Shard

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : YinYang Monkey Spirit
    Guild : Black Rose
    Cosmic Coins : 10
    Experience : 5,031.75

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Coquendum Magus
    Second Skill: Cerberus Slayer
    Third Skill:

Declined Section Empty Re: Declined Section

Post by Shard 23rd August 2016, 9:54 am

I'd like something like this I think

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Need details on Magna. Click the below image:
    Declined Section HqzsHuT
    Eris
    Eris

Lich of hell

Lich of hell

Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Regular VIP Status- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Horseman- 11 Sinner- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- God Slayer- Demon Slayer- Dragon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Senior [500]- Player 
    Lineage : Devil's Conquest
    Guild : Grim Heresy [GM]
    Cosmic Coins : 5
    Experience : 0

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Sunset Eclipse - The Sandstorm GS
    Second Skill: Titan Eclipse • Devil Pact
    Third Skill:

Post by Eris 23rd August 2016, 2:42 pm

Invidia wrote:

• If this suggestion were to be implemented, I'd say when a staff member finalizes the decision on declining the suggestion, they must give a reason. It's for the best, really. If the said staff member gives a reason instead of saying just no, members can read and attempt to understand the staff's point of view. In this case, there'd be less revival of dead suggestions and complaining.

Wouldn't help much.

In many instances the "Reason" is just "Because I said so."  or "Because that's my opinion."  Which is a 100% valid 'reason' when no one can question it.

Declined Section NvVyM98

Declined Section CkggyrF

Deception | Despair | Domination
    H 1 S 7 A 7+1 B 8+1 C 9 D 11
    d a m n a t i o n
    weretiger5411
    weretiger5411

The Maker's necromancer

The Maker's necromancer

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Lineage Making Contest Participant- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Novice [250]- Player 
    Guild : Guildless
    Experience : 150

Character Sheet
    First Skill: SOTL
    Second Skill: NA
    Third Skill:

Post by weretiger5411 23rd August 2016, 2:50 pm

Eris wrote:
    Invidia wrote:

Wouldn't help much.

In many instances the "Reason" is just "Because I said so."  or "Because that's my opinion."  Which is a 100% valid 'reason' when no one can question it.

Well even if that is the reason they used in the past, then I imagine they would lose some credibility and hurt the staff's image on the site. In fact if they did use that reason then I am sure others will and had challenge that response, either by wanting an actual reason or ignoring what the staff member on the account of "Didn't make sense".

Otherwise I do like your idea individia, Though I hope when a suggestion is moved to the "Declined section" then it may be brought back if their is new evidence on showing why that suggestion should be, since ideas and perspectives can change over time with new ideas(least I believe so).

"Those who do not fear power, are too easily destroyed by it."

"Humans are the biggest monsters. How else can you explain a dragon's need to burn down their homes, a demon's need to slaughter them, or a god's attempt at brainwashing them to devote loyalty? It is because we have the greatest chance to destroy them with whatever else gets in our way, and slayers are not the only method how."-Zecarayus Trevelean

Note: Until I get this in his character sheet, his name is changed to nevarran. Same soul though!

info on apps:

Post by Guest 23rd August 2016, 3:34 pm

I actually wouldn't really mind this because this site needs more organization and I'm all for organization, but it's up to the admins in the end.
    Shard
    Shard

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : YinYang Monkey Spirit
    Guild : Black Rose
    Cosmic Coins : 10
    Experience : 5,031.75

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Coquendum Magus
    Second Skill: Cerberus Slayer
    Third Skill:

Post by Shard 23rd August 2016, 11:24 pm

Even if the reasoning is just 'because I said so' it might be useful to have an area people can glance through to see what suggestions have been denied, what ones are being accepted and worked and what ones are implemented.

That way we don't get fifty suggestion threads with 'exp for socials' for example.

Need details on Magna. Click the below image:
    Declined Section HqzsHuT
    Eris
    Eris

Lich of hell

Lich of hell

Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Regular VIP Status- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Horseman- 11 Sinner- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- God Slayer- Demon Slayer- Dragon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Senior [500]- Player 
    Lineage : Devil's Conquest
    Guild : Grim Heresy [GM]
    Cosmic Coins : 5
    Experience : 0

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Sunset Eclipse - The Sandstorm GS
    Second Skill: Titan Eclipse • Devil Pact
    Third Skill:

Post by Eris 24th August 2016, 3:26 am

The "Wouldn't help much" was specifically to the quoted text.

More organization (A separate matter from more rules and strict regulation) is always nice. 

Declined Section NvVyM98

Declined Section CkggyrF

Deception | Despair | Domination
    H 1 S 7 A 7+1 B 8+1 C 9 D 11
    d a m n a t i o n
    Mistress Venir
    Mistress Venir

Administrator- Moderator- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- A-Rank- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Archmage's Seal
    Guild : Golden Phoenix
    Experience : 24,000

Character Sheet
    First Skill: 2nd Gen Flame Goddess Slayer
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Mistress Venir 2nd September 2016, 11:05 am

Correct me if I'm wrong but in the past weren't those threads simply moved to archives? I think that's where they're supposed to go but staff just hasn't been moving them likely because of being busy or because no one has told them specifically to move them. Tossing them into archives (where I am fairly certain other suggestions are) would be easier for staff to do and wouldn't require another sub-thread to be made. This is just my humble (and possibly) incorrect opinion though.

Declined Section Tumblr_mwffarIHCR1qbk364o3_500

Declined Section Tumblr_mwffarIHCR1qbk364o4_500

Declined Section Tumblr_mwffarIHCR1qbk364o5_500

Jobs:

When you ask me to do stuff:

Post by Guest 2nd September 2016, 8:32 pm

Mistress Venir wrote:
    Correct me if I'm wrong but in the past weren't those threads simply moved to archives? I think that's where they're supposed to go but staff just hasn't been moving them likely because of being busy or because no one has told them specifically to move them. Tossing them into archives (where I am fairly certain other suggestions are) would be easier for staff to do and wouldn't require another sub-thread to be made. This is just my humble (and possibly) incorrect opinion though.

This is correct, and as such, this will be locked and archived now. ^.^

Current date/time is 1st May 2024, 8:22 pm