Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Section 1: Job Creation , S2: Something New

Lexa Grimoire
    Lexa Grimoire

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Legal Guild Ace- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- X-Mas Event Participant- Player 
    Lineage : Armored Beast
    Position : None
    Guild : Guildless
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : Gabriel & Legion
    Experience : 2925

Character Sheet
    First Magic: True Circuit
    Second Magic: Lillian Grimoire
    Third Magic:

Section 1: Job Creation , S2: Something New Empty Section 1: Job Creation , S2: Something New

Post by Lexa Grimoire 3rd August 2015, 5:51 pm

Alright! Something I've been keeping held back a while, that I would like to get opinion on.

First is the Job Creation Approval System. (Part 1)

When I joined, we were finishing one event, and then BAM job creation event. I didn't know we could make jobs on a different thread at all, but rather was told by master Raven Kurosaki about that thread. After that, I made several jobs, got them approved and then I made more and realized... we don't have a Job Creation Approval Thread, or at least I can find it. Instead of use hunting down a moderator who ISNT busy grading stuff, posting their stuff to be approved by other mods, or babysitting the cbox; why not just simply make a thread in the "Jobs" sections titled : "Job Creator's Approval Thread" where people who make jobs can post that their job is ready to be looked at. I know it doesn't make it any easier on the mods, but at least the players will be able to get their jobs created, and the others will have an extra job to do. And last I checked, moderators are player too, so they might find a flurry of jobs they'd wanna do.

Part 2: New Type of Job
    I've noticed that we have jobs specifically for certain ranks, and these jobs are fine and dandy for those who want to do them. But what if you're not interested in the monotony of a job? What if you want to do a job with... a lot of people? What if you don't feel like waiting for the next event? Well, you're screwed is what you are.

My Proposal: Mini-event jobs
    These are jobs made by players, that requires more than 10 player and are pretty much miniature jobs that players can set up. The events would take forever, and can even offer some of those "better rewards" Kirahunter was talking about in a separate thread. Like those extra Secondary Slots, or more an additional Unique Ability for those involved. It isn't easy to come up with 10+ palyers, who can post rapidly and actively, and these mini-events could take up to 2 months even if you do have that. Some other types of rewards could be +100K jewel for those participating, or 4x job XP equal to that player's rank and no Limiter/guild/group/lacrima milk bonuses are allowed, or even a free artifact item since the even would have them go through hell and back.

Part 3: Job Creation Guidlines

I've noticed some players make jobs that drop the 2x XP bomb, but don't necessarily require much work. OR they have jobs that are more BS than their reward is worth. Personally, my jobs are either VERY much deserving of a good rewards, OR the 2x XP is random.

Example of a random chance of 2x XP of mine? "Counter Strike" in the B rank dark job section. You're obligated to have no more, and no less than 20 rolls. If you roll a boss, then 2x XP for the job. You can't keep rolling continuously for that bonus XP, so the odds of being awarded it are entirely luck.

There jobs I've made for storyline either reward an item w/ double XP, OR are so hard that the mod told me that they're worthy of 3x XP and some jewel. Now on the flip side, there are jobs out there that are ridiculous amounts of BS and for what... 5K? Congratulations! You can't even afford a D rank spell slot! I think the system should emphasize the the rewards for jobs, are based ON THE DIFFICULTY OF THE JOB. If the monsters are difficult to kill, if we have to kill a lot of them, if the posts are pretty high, if the boss is FREAKING HARD then a better reward should be given.

EX: A boss I cam up with for "Attaining Closure (godmode)" must be killed 4 times, each time requires an exact amount of hits BY EACH PLAYER, and the hits aren't rank dependent so the power of rank is out of the question. Meanwhile, he deals upwards of S rank, even hitting H rank damage on the final phase. Did I mention this is a B rank job? The reward I was told is acceptable is 3x B Rank XP, which is nice since it'd be the first triple XP there is. But for the difficulty of the other monsters, and there's 3 bosses you're obligated to defeat, that kind of isn't really much... if I wanted to add a jewel reward, I was told it'd be 10K (minimum for B missions) and even then 10K would be a stretch...
    750base XP, and 10,000 jewel for a job that will take well over 70 posts to complete with 2 S ranked bosses AND the final boss is H+ rank... The kicker for me, if I were to ask for 2x XP instead of 3, the jewel jumped to a whomping 15K! Now, this is looking away from the 400 word minimum requirement....
    NOW YOU CAN AFFORD THAT D RANK SPELL SLOT!!!!

But that's my example, let's look at another one... Outbreak Infection Series perhaps. The reward for this job, and the second one in the series is the ability to perform the next job, and 1x B rank XP... for a boss that you have to kill twice, can charge at OVER 60mph, and killing it twice is if you're a super powerful wizard who can slam out 10 B rank hits before it regenerates in 1 post. After that, you gotta kill it a third time, and if you RP like you're supposed to (and you're not a speed wizard) then you're not dishing out 10 B rank hits in that time. Umm... couldn't the grader perhaps talk to the maker to maybe add a +20K jewel from the Rune Knight for killing the thing that killed their men?

Those mini-rants were just a couple examples that the scale for job rewards is a bit..... crappy. There's tons of jobs out there where the rewards aren't worth the effort, these are just 2 of them. Then on the flip side, there's jobs like "The Hunter" which are pretty standard jobs... 300 words per post, only 40 posts, the boss is a walking flower compared to the two above, and it awards a Legendary Magic Item, 10K, and 2x XP. Mind you, a Legendary Magic Item is 50K if you black market it... So an inferior job of the same rank, with lesser complication has better rewards than Attaining Closure?

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Lexa Grimoire
    Lexa Grimoire

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Legal Guild Ace- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- X-Mas Event Participant- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Section 1: Job Creation , S2: Something New Empty Re: Section 1: Job Creation , S2: Something New

Post by Lexa Grimoire 3rd August 2015, 6:08 pm

Section 2: Property Rights

I know that guild masters are able to make their own bases, that encompass a massive area. So... I was thinking... what if players were able to purchase land that isn't quite as large as guild masters, but still fairly large in its own right? We could be the rulers of our own small area, and even allow jobs to be made on our island.

"Earthland is only so big..."

My friend, we live in a word with talking, flying cats who can use magic. We have wizards who can bend time and space to their will, and compress your body into a grain of sand. Who's to say we can't have an entire city of our own, inside of a small cube? I know it's a bit pointless since we're allowed to have our own house, but for those who wish to be kings among peasants it could be fun. This would also give more room for jobs to be made, allowing people to enter another person's city to solve the trouble of that area.

"But in the cano-"

Shut up. Read our logo! "Fairytail RP: A Non-Canon Fairy Tail Based RP"
    It seems that this only applies when we're trying to make rules AGAINST people.
    EX: Y--- M--c-- who wanted to have a fling with Grey Fulbuster, being shot down hardcore because he doesn't exist, but guildless mages not being able to form teams with legal wizards because the MC doesn't know their allegiances.(I'm not mad about this anymore, but it's a good example)
    Last I checked, out MC is almost 100% inactive, I've only ever seen 1 MC online in the past few months. As far as I'm concerned, the MC doesn't exist here.

How much should it cost to own your own city? Below is rough estimates, if decided it'd be a good idea prices can be discussed among the dev. team...
    Well... cost of creating the world. (500K)
    Cost of stuffing that city inside of a cube. (250K)
    Cost of building the world. (Various Prices on buildings)
    Cost of hiring guardsmen. (50->300K depending on guard quality, and quantity.)
    Cost of keeping it running. (10->50K per month depending on size)
    Hiring government staff (like librarians, teachers, electrical workers etc..) (various prices depending on quality and importance to the city)

How many people are going to own a city now? They have to literally pay for every aspect of it... Not only that, but they have to pay the MC to keep the lights on. This would also be fun for socials, or even threads where people are setting up their IC couples.
    "Oh hey, you wanna visit my city?"
    "Uhh... sure?"
    -arrives and other is surprised that quite literally, the city is yours-

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Eris
    Eris

Lich of hell

Lich of hell

Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Regular VIP Status- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Horseman- 11 Sinner- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- God Slayer- Demon Slayer- Dragon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Senior [500]- Player 
    Lineage : Devil's Conquest
    Guild : Grim Heresy [GM]
    Cosmic Coins : 5
    Experience : 0

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Sunset Eclipse - The Sandstorm GS
    Second Magic: Titan Eclipse • Devil Pact
    Third Magic:

Section 1: Job Creation , S2: Something New Empty Re: Section 1: Job Creation , S2: Something New

Post by Eris 3rd August 2015, 6:20 pm

My thoughts:

Spoiler:

I think there should be no guideline.  If there is a guideline,  staff will take that to be the hard-limit and jobs will become as stale as magic feels sometimes.

I think staff should just check to make sure a job is appropriate for the job rank,   and if the challenge meets the reward.  That includes raising the reward on BS jobs that are incredibly difficult that have little pay off.  

More unique rewards should be encouraged.

So...  What do I think?   I think people just need to make more interesting jobs and make the more interesting rewards to match.   Staff's only job here should be to make sure Effort and Value meet with Rank.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Regarding Property,   you can already do a lot with that.  Property management is the only aspect of this forum that is truly free.   You can make just about anything your residence so long as it isn't blatantly obvious and intrusive such as saying you own Crocus or any other major location.

Section 1: Job Creation , S2: Something New NvVyM98

Section 1: Job Creation , S2: Something New CkggyrF

Deception | Despair | Domination
    H 1 S 7 A 7+1 B 8+1 C 9 D 11
    d a m n a t i o n
    Lexa Grimoire
    Lexa Grimoire

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Lexa Grimoire 3rd August 2015, 7:05 pm

The unfortunate fact is that there are guidlines for jobs, and moderators sometimes stick to them religiously...

Any thoughts on Mini-Event Jobs?

(I'm not ignoring the bottom half of you opinion of player owned cities, I'm just waiting for more opinions to form)

Eris
    Eris

Lich of hell

Lich of hell

Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Regular VIP Status- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Horseman- 11 Sinner- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- God Slayer- Demon Slayer- Dragon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Senior [500]- Player 
    Lineage : Devil's Conquest
    Guild : Grim Heresy [GM]
    Cosmic Coins : 5
    Experience : 0

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Sunset Eclipse - The Sandstorm GS
    Second Magic: Titan Eclipse • Devil Pact
    Third Magic:

Post by Eris 4th August 2015, 7:13 am

Lexa Grimoire wrote:
    The unfortunate fact is that there are guidlines for jobs, and moderators sometimes stick to them religiously...
    Which is why it really needs to be encouraged that guidelines are guidelines.
    Something to use as a general gauge from which mark the point from which we could work from while judging things on their own merits using it as a backdrop.

Any thoughts on Mini-Event Jobs?
    Seems like normal jobs with a high minimum player count but with the addition of lower ranks joining in when they might not otherwise be able to I take it.

It sounds like my thoughts the other day with someone in chat about how soloing jobs is much easier and far more rewarding from an efficiency standpoint. Jobs that use multiple players should really have scaled up rewards based on participation.

Especially considering most jobs with multiple individuals tend to utterly fail in the first place as they fall apart due to unreliability and/or just life happening.

(I'm not ignoring the bottom half of you opinion of player owned cities, I'm just waiting for more opinions to form)
    You can also earn property using the Dungeon system. The difference between Dungeon property and Residence property is earning through the Dungeon makes it an official forum trait that can include a full fledged forum location with the works. I was skeptical at first, worried it might take away the freedom we have to create residencies that support character histories and such, but it being defined as official forum locations is a good bit.

Section 1: Job Creation , S2: Something New NvVyM98

Section 1: Job Creation , S2: Something New CkggyrF

Deception | Despair | Domination
    H 1 S 7 A 7+1 B 8+1 C 9 D 11
    d a m n a t i o n

Current date/time is 28th March 2024, 8:56 am