Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Events!

Vlad
    Vlad

Harbinger of Death

Harbinger of Death

Dragon VIP Status- Knight VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- 11 Sinner- Coming Storms- A-Rank- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Villain- Player 
    Lineage : Arm of Destiny
    Position : None
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : Self Taught
    Experience : 50

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Hollowed Summons
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Events! Empty Events!

Post by Vlad 4th August 2016, 5:06 pm

So, from what I've heard there have been a severe lack of Dark Events on the site! I know that the Legal guilds, as much as I hate to admit it, have more power at the moment, however, that should not stop the events. I have a few ideas, but I was just curious as to what everyone thought!

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Events! Tumblr10
    Hallowed Summons § Vlad Chao § Bank
    Obe9813
    Obe9813

Regular VIP Status- VIP- Player 
    Lineage : Conqueror's Courage
    Guild : Guildless
    Experience : 350

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Events! Empty Re: Events!

Post by Obe9813 4th August 2016, 5:55 pm

I like it. It would give baddies a chance to show how wicked they are. Maybe give evil points are something as incentive. So the baddest you are (in different ways) the more points you get. Make characters think outside the box to be evil.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Kariline
    Kariline

Dragon VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Join A Faction!- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- Player 
    Lineage : None
    Guild : Lamia Scale
    Experience : 900

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Take Over Guardian Soul
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Kariline 4th August 2016, 5:58 pm

Okay hun, I will say the lack of Dark Guild Events has all to do with the Dark Guilds themselves. Most if not all Legal Events are crafted by Guild Masters for their guild and site.

There is nothing stopping you from forming small events for Dark Guilds. I did it in TT, I did it when I was GM of BF. So talk to some of them. If you are talking about a much larger scale event, then you are mistaken as those events encourage participation from all alignments.

If you want something Site Wide, Contact an individual on the Dev Team I.E Kirahunter, or a Moderator to point you in the right direction.
    Eris
    Eris

Lich of hell

Lich of hell

Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Regular VIP Status- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Horseman- 11 Sinner- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- God Slayer- Demon Slayer- Dragon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Senior [500]- Player 
    Lineage : Devil's Conquest
    Guild : Grim Heresy [GM]
    Cosmic Coins : 5
    Experience : 0

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Sunset Eclipse - The Sandstorm GS
    Second Skill: Titan Eclipse • Devil Pact
    Third Skill:

Post by Eris 4th August 2016, 6:00 pm

Ew.

"Dark Events" are just up to dark players and whoever cares to associate with them. Heavens forbid there's ever another Priory. Because making Dark mages the bottom' lover of random NPCs is sure to make everyone feel nice and fluffy.

Actually talking with players is probably out of the question, which isn't an opinion but historically relevant, so all in all I'm perfectly content with not having any because it's unlikely that "Dark Events" made by third parties can represent more than one or a few specific dark mages or the general "I am a dark mage lol" stereotypes making for a shallow experience.

Events! NvVyM98

Events! CkggyrF

Deception | Despair | Domination
    H 1 S 7 A 7+1 B 8+1 C 9 D 11
    d a m n a t i o n
    Kariline
    Kariline

Dragon VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Join A Faction!- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Kariline 4th August 2016, 6:03 pm

Eris wrote:Ew.
    Because making Dark mages the bottom' lover of random NPCs is sure to make everyone feel nice and fluffy.

Siren-senpai... I just want to take a moment and say that I love your classy comparisons.
    Vlad
    Vlad

Harbinger of Death

Harbinger of Death

Dragon VIP Status- Knight VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- 11 Sinner- Coming Storms- A-Rank- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Villain- Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Vlad 4th August 2016, 6:04 pm

XD I did like the reading, and I do agree. "Dark Events" was the best generalized term I had in mind.

Events! Tumblr10
    Eris
    Eris

Lich of hell

Lich of hell

Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Regular VIP Status- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Horseman- 11 Sinner- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- God Slayer- Demon Slayer- Dragon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Senior [500]- Player 
    Lineage : Devil's Conquest
    Guild : Grim Heresy [GM]
    Cosmic Coins : 5
    Experience : 0

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Sunset Eclipse - The Sandstorm GS
    Second Skill: Titan Eclipse • Devil Pact
    Third Skill:

Post by Eris 4th August 2016, 6:08 pm

Thanks owo

The best solution I imagine is just for admins themselves to directly work with members to form more localized events here and there with the occasional Site Event involving more players,  and/or being open to making the workings of members into Site Events themselves.   Such as if Grim Heresy and Savage Skull decided to pull something big in cooperation,   Admins could dub the affair a Site Event,  retroactively, during, or before hand.

Events! NvVyM98

Events! CkggyrF

Deception | Despair | Domination
    H 1 S 7 A 7+1 B 8+1 C 9 D 11
    d a m n a t i o n
    Kariline
    Kariline

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Kariline 4th August 2016, 6:09 pm

The Two Events that I had organized upon being in TT and BF:

1.) In TT, Heero had an alt, super evil Yugi. Who was incarcerated in Era. Lyserg ( previous GM ) I and a group broke into Era to bust him out. Huge thing, was lots of fun.

2.) When I was GM of BF, I started beef ( all IC of course XD ) with IH. Invaded one of their Events ( That i also organized as an ace of IH ) and kidnapped Princess Natsu.

Dark Events, don't have to be super huge, but they can be some fun, just gotta stay away from cliche stuff ya know. Can't tell you how many times we have personally seen the destroy the MC and Era, destroy the world blah de blah. I wanna see a dark character that is more like Evil Jellal. Masking as a good guy for a evil plot to get what he wants.
    Shard
    Shard

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : YinYang Monkey Spirit
    Guild : Black Rose
    Cosmic Coins : 10
    Experience : 5,031.75

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Coquendum Magus
    Second Skill: Cerberus Slayer
    Third Skill:

Post by Shard 6th August 2016, 3:24 am

I think what would be good is an event that involves dark mages(and not npcs except perhaps something like Acnologia) that actually allows the dark mages to ya know...win? As the priory, the hargeon event, even the era event for the most part have been 'dark guilds involved, but the legals will win' events.

Though I admit Era at least had some victories for the darks, such as me killing a council member by tearing out their throat,

Need details on Magna. Click the below image:
    Events! HqzsHuT
    Kariline
    Kariline

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Kariline 8th August 2016, 12:39 pm

The thing with Dark Guilds Winning, is that it won't have an benefits really unless you force a site wide setting ( meaning that they take over the MC or whatever, and it typically takes effects in EVERYONES stories ). People on here are still curious as to why FT is dark. There is no enforcement of Dark Guild movement against Legals and that makes it hard to plan events like that.

Also, there is alot of tension around pvp, and im sure that would cause issues.
    Anastasia Isayev
    Anastasia Isayev

Moderator- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Guild Master- S-Rank- A-Rank- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Valkyrian
    Guild : Black Sails GM
    Mentor : [Primary] Ivan Isayev [Secondary] Fafnir, the World Dragon
    Experience : 321116

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Mechanized REquip
    Second Skill: Dragons' Champion
    Third Skill:

Post by Anastasia Isayev 9th August 2016, 1:23 pm

What I wouldn't mind seeing is a Dark Guild event where they take over the MC or even the capital city, putting some of our dark mages in power of the government.

If people don't want to accept it as a site event, then that's tough cookies.  The Hargeon Event and the Priory were events that molded the world; so I don't see why something dark guilds can do can't mold the world either.  Saying only legal guild events can mold the world and dark guild events can't is too lop-sided.  

For there to be a shake-up in the site's plot and setting would give people something to talk about and probably invigorate people to RP.  It'll even make the bad guys known for their misdeeds instead of "Sneaky in the shadows... we are ninja" kinda badguys.  I'd rather the Dark Mages get their fair shake, as Shard said "to win" sometimes.

And don't worry about PvP. Everyone knows it's laughable. Some IC tension isn't necessarily a bad thing either.

[Character Approval] [Mechanized REquip Spells] [Dragons' Champion] [The Eye of Odin] [Bank]
    Wave your banner!  
    Join the Black Sails today!
    The Guild is Set to OPEN!  -- This means, feel free to join!
    Vlad
    Vlad

Harbinger of Death

Harbinger of Death

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Vlad 9th August 2016, 1:33 pm

I recommend that to a few guilds and was blown off

Events! Tumblr10
    Vlad
    Vlad

Harbinger of Death

Harbinger of Death

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Vlad 9th August 2016, 1:33 pm

That exact idea too

Events! Tumblr10
    Vlad
    Vlad

Harbinger of Death

Harbinger of Death

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Vlad 9th August 2016, 1:35 pm

TT won't do it GH did not listen

Events! Tumblr10
    Ravana
    Ravana

1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Knight of Frostfire
    Guild : Infinity Hydra

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Dragon's Bane Sword of Flame
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Ravana 9th August 2016, 2:13 pm

Probably has to do with the large amount of higher ranks that legal has right now compared to dark.

Knight of Zero
    Knight of Zero

Player 
    Lineage : Dragon's Blood
    Guild : N/A
    Experience : 350

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Celestial Star Show
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Knight of Zero 9th August 2016, 7:51 pm

What if had a few npc to help out dark? Least to balance it out?

Events! FtxZxrE
    Invidia
    Invidia

Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Player 
    Lineage : Zeus' Descendant
    Guild : Grim Heresy
    Experience : 150

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Blood Curse
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Invidia 10th August 2016, 1:50 pm

I do understand why you would want events for dark mages, but I'm going to have to say that an event that's planned out in favor of one side is one of the worst ideas ever. Having my fair share of events in favor of one side from other RPs, I can promise that they never turn out quite the way you want it to. By stating that it's a "dark event", you're making it sound like the dark mages are going to win, in which case would result with less participation from the legal mages. And why would they want to participate? You're asking them to join an event where their loss is guaranteed. So that's why "dark events" is a vague term and hard to support.

Thanks to a specific someone talking it out with me last night, it proved to me that setting up an event is easier said then done. You'll have to take in account many factors; the population, the ratio of one side versus another, and the amount that would actually participate. The last one would be the most vital. Sure, events are needed from time to time, but taking into account the time where an event occurs is important. If it happened at the beginning of summer, we'd have a lot more people joining. Now, it's the end of summer and school is starting for many. Participation may be slim because of that.

Lastly, event ideas. An event should not be what the community wants. It sounds weird, but I believe an event should surprise people, not voted upon. A combination of both works well too. Perhaps the developing team could grab a base idea off the mass of players here and further evolve it. But if the event is made by the people and for the people, again, it won't work out well.

Events! Invidia_signature_by_jayooni-daenx92
    Click the signature for a directory.
    Vlad
    Vlad

Harbinger of Death

Harbinger of Death

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Vlad 10th August 2016, 2:09 pm

A "Dark event" would not be in favor of one side, nor the other. It would present an objective, which would align with those of a dark alignment, but the two sides would be equal. Oh, wait. With the overwhelming number of Legal mages, and the incredible small number of high ranking dark mages that would never work. All events are swung on one side; legal. There are simply too many high ranking legal mages to compete with. This does not mean a "dark event" would not work, however. It simply needs more planning. 

Real world talk; I don't care if it is designed for the community or not. I understand what it takes, as I'm not simply saying these things without thought. That is idiotic. The time, while important, was never stated to be now. I simply wish to see more occur, not necessarily now. Every single one of those points makes sense, and I do agree.

Events! Tumblr10

Current date/time is 2nd May 2024, 3:26 am