Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Chains of Resonance

Ammon
    Ammon

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Player 
    Lineage : Gingerbread Man
    Position : None
    Guild : The Garou Knights
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 162.5

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Chains of Resonance
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Chains of Resonance Empty Chains of Resonance

Post by Ammon 2nd July 2016, 1:27 pm

Chains of Resonance

Caster or Holder: Holder
    Description:
    The Chains of Resonance is magic that relies on the principle that every particle vibrates uniquely and thus each object has a unique resonant frequency. Using this magic the user is able to manipulate these vibrations to perform various effects. Such effects could be using sound for echolocations, using vibrations to increase the sharpness of an object or to neutralise effects.

The focus for these is a special pair of tonfa and what is unique about these is that they are actually what absorbs and stores the eternano as the user themselves is unable to store eternano any longer due to incidents in their past. However, they can channel the eternano from the tonfa into their body and then expel it via, for example, a whistle to launch a bullet of sound.

However, why is this called chains of resonance and not tonfa of resonance or simply resonance. The reason is simple. The tonfa are able to extend chains and it is the rattling of these chains and the thud of them hitting objects that is a primary focus for the resonant abilities of the magic. These chains can be manipulated via resonance giving themselves a life of their own almost.

If you were to think of it is is a mixture of chain magic, wave magic and sound magic.
    Strengths:

• Highly versatile
    • Great for crowd control
    • Is entirely non-lethal which suits the user

Weaknesses:

• The vibrations are for the most part vibrating air and so could be eaten by sky slayers
    • Is entirely non-lethal
    • Relies on the user having access to the tonfa, or at least touching their body
    • Not stealthy at all

Lineage:
    Gingerbread man:
    Unique Abilities:

• Extendable chains: From the tonfa that the user wields they are able to extend chains which have a small spike at the end. These chains can extend up to 20ft in length(increases by 20ft per rank) and will do user rank melee damage + weapon damage. This weapon damage increases as the user ranks up. At D rank its weak rank, at C rank its strong, at B rank its legendary, at A rank its legendary + and at S rank its artefact(+). The user can launch these off as a projectile to stab into a target or into a wall. They can also swing them like whips. The user most commonly uses these for movement. These are a key aspect of the magic and if fired off will reach their max range in a second, and retract equally as quickly.
    • Echolocation: The user sends out a continuous wave of sound by twirling one of the tonfa. Whilst this is twirling the user can map out the area within a certain radius of them including the location of people, even if they are inside buildings. Though of course, he can't identify who they are exactly unless he recognises their resonant frequency. This radius starts off at 100ft and increases by that each rank.
    • Team Speak: The user is able to set up a 'team speak' channel for up to five people(including themselves) providing they remain within 100ft of the user. If the targets focus and whisper or even speak entirely under their breath then they can speak directly to the 'party'. This 100ft range increases by 100ft each rank and the number of people it can be used with increases by 1 each rank.

D ranks:

Last edited by Ammon on 5th July 2016, 11:32 pm; edited 3 times in total
    Heavens Empress Daiki
    Heavens Empress Daiki

Heavenly Monster

Heavenly Monster

Moderator- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- God Slayer- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Stigmata of the Avatar
    Guild : Guildless
    Mentor : Daiki, Aiko (Mother - Missing)
    Experience : 0

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Avatar of Amaterasu (Heaven God Slayer)
    Second Skill: Fallen Angel Slayer Lacrima
    Third Skill:

Chains of Resonance Empty Re: Chains of Resonance

Post by Heavens Empress Daiki 3rd July 2016, 7:01 pm

Hiya, edits will be done in this color.

Ammon wrote:Chains of Resonance

Description:
    The Chains of Resonance is magic that relies on the principle that every particle vibrates uniquely and thus each object has a unique resonant frequency. Using this magic the user is able to manipulate these vibrations to perform various effects. Such effects could be using sound for echolocations, using vibrations to increase the sharpness of an object or to neutralise effects.

The focus for these is a special pair of tonfa and what is unique about these is that they are actually what absorbs and stores the eternano as the user themselves is unable to store eternano any longer due to incidents in their past. However, they can channel the eternano from the tonfa into their body and then expel it via, for example, a whistle to launch a bullet of sound.

However, why is this called chains of resonance and not tonfa of resonance or simply resonance. The reason is simple. The tonfa are able to extend chains and it is the rattling of these chains and the thud of them hitting objects that is a primary focus for the resonant abilities of the magic. These chains can be manipulated via resonance giving themselves a life of their own almost.

If you were to think of it is is a mixture of chain magic, wave magic and sound magic.
    Strengths:

• Highly versatile

Weaknesses:

• The vibrations are for the most part vibrating air and so could be eaten by sky slayers
    • Is entirely non-lethal
    • Relies on the user having access to the tonfa, or at least touching their body
    • Not stealthy at all

Lineage:
    Gingerbread man:
    Unique Abilities:

• Extendable chains: From the tonfa that the user wields they are able to extend chains which have a small spike at the end. These chains can extend up to 20ft in length(increases by 20ft per rank) and will do user rank melee damage + weapon damage. This weapon damage increases as the user ranks up. At D rank its weak rank, at C rank its strong, at B rank its legendary, at A rank its legendary + and at S rank its artefact(+). The user can launch these off as a projectile to stab into a target or into a wall. They can also swing them like whips. The user most commonly uses these for movement. These are a key aspect of the magic and if fired off will reach their max range in a second, and retract equally as quickly.
    • Echolocation: The user sends out a continuous wave of sound by twirling one of the tonfa. Whilst this is twirling the user can map out the area within a certain radius of them including the location of people, even if they are inside buildings. Though of course, he can't identify who they are exactly unless he recognises their resonant frequency. This radius starts off at 100ft and increases by that each rank.
    • Team Speak: The user is able to set up a 'team speak' channel for up to five people(including themselves) providing they remain within 100ft of the user. If the targets focus and whisper or even speak entirely under their breath then they can speak directly to the 'party'. This 100ft range increases by 100ft each rank and the number of people it can be used with increases by 1 each rank.

D ranks:

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Chains of Resonance 8ZbrsUC
    Ammon
    Ammon

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Ammon 3rd July 2016, 11:46 pm

I've modified the ranges, but i'm not modifying the duration of the first spell because that doesn't make sense.

He's prepared some magic which will fire three shots. However, he doesn't have to fire those three shots all at once or within a certain time period. Its not exactly overpowered considering how weak each shot is. I've had similar techniques on other apps:

https://www.fairytail-rp.com/t21592-living-weapon

See Super Long Anti Material Magical Eradication Rifle (SLAMMER) and Tank you very much on this app: https://www.fairytail-rp.com/t21916-living-weapon
    Heavens Empress Daiki
    Heavens Empress Daiki

Heavenly Monster

Heavenly Monster

Moderator- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- God Slayer- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Stigmata of the Avatar
    Guild : Guildless
    Mentor : Daiki, Aiko (Mother - Missing)
    Experience : 0

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Avatar of Amaterasu (Heaven God Slayer)
    Second Skill: Fallen Angel Slayer Lacrima
    Third Skill:

Post by Heavens Empress Daiki 4th July 2016, 2:27 pm

Each mod grades differently, and considering I'm not the mod who graded those spells, my request still stands.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Chains of Resonance 8ZbrsUC
    Ammon
    Ammon

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Ammon 4th July 2016, 11:44 pm

Except you are just saying change this without giving me any real reasoning besides 'I grade things differently to that mod'. I feel that its balanced as it is. I'd like reasoning as to why it isn't.

I'm essentially magically conjuring up bullets and loaded them into a gun (the gun being me). This ammunition lasts until its been fired once. As i've made the bullets pretty weak I don't see this as being unbalanced. Its more just me holding back a bullet until I need it.
    Anastasia Isayev
    Anastasia Isayev

Moderator- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Guild Master- S-Rank- A-Rank- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Valkyrian
    Guild : Black Sails GM
    Mentor : [Primary] Ivan Isayev [Secondary] Fafnir, the World Dragon
    Experience : 321116

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Mechanized REquip
    Second Skill: Dragons' Champion
    Third Skill:

Post by Anastasia Isayev 5th July 2016, 4:26 pm

Hello, I have been asked to grade this in Daiki's stead.
    Anything you see in this color are things I'd like to ask you to make corrections to.
    Ammon wrote:Chains of Resonance

Description:

Strengths:

• Highly versatile

Weaknesses:

• Is entirely non-lethal
    • Not stealthy at all

Lineage:
    Gingerbread man:
    Unique Abilities:

D ranks:

[Character Approval] [Mechanized REquip Spells] [Dragons' Champion] [The Eye of Odin] [Bank]
    Wave your banner!  
    Join the Black Sails today!
    The Guild is Set to OPEN!  -- This means, feel free to join!
    Ammon
    Ammon

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Ammon 5th July 2016, 11:38 pm

Well, that was kind of the whole point of the spell. I set up the energy within myself and can trigger it whenever. Essentially it would function similar to a signature spell in that regard, but with limited ammo. So I output a small amount of magic power to charge my body with it and then I have a limited number of 'shots' I can use whenever just like a person can use a signature spell whenever. I honestly don't see any issue whether i'm holding onto it for 2 posts or 20 posts. In fact, if I fire two shots and wait twenty posts before firing off the next one i'd actually be screwing myself over because I wouldn't be able to recover the other two shots i.e. it wouldn't cooldown till all three shots are fired. It doesn't make sense to me that by not utilising some of those shots within a certain time frame would make them dissapear. I mean...i've used the magic power right? So now if I don't use all three within a certain time frame I screw myself as i've wasted a shot.

Considering I had it on another app I thoought it would be fine, but mods do grade differently (though the fact an entire spell concept is not allowed by some and is by others is....odd, but oh well.)

However, I have modified it not so it has a limited number of shots and a limited duration. Hope this is better.
    Anastasia Isayev
    Anastasia Isayev

Moderator- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Guild Master- S-Rank- A-Rank- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Valkyrian
    Guild : Black Sails GM
    Mentor : [Primary] Ivan Isayev [Secondary] Fafnir, the World Dragon
    Experience : 321116

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Mechanized REquip
    Second Skill: Dragons' Champion
    Third Skill:

Post by Anastasia Isayev 6th July 2016, 5:24 pm

Chains of Resonance BTSjguv

[Character Approval] [Mechanized REquip Spells] [Dragons' Champion] [The Eye of Odin] [Bank]
    Wave your banner!  
    Join the Black Sails today!
    The Guild is Set to OPEN!  -- This means, feel free to join!

Current date/time is 15th May 2024, 1:18 am