Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

New limiter ideas.

Tōwa Lazmira
    Tōwa Lazmira

Judge and jury

Judge and jury

Moderator- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Weapon of Apocalypse Wielder- Player 
    Lineage : Godchild
    Position : None
    Guild : Rune Knights
    Cosmic Coins : 5
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 0

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Cosmic Mind
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

New limiter ideas. Empty New limiter ideas.

Post by Tōwa Lazmira 14th July 2015, 3:35 pm

I have been on the site for quite some time and spent some time on staff, and during this entire time i have found limiters... basically a cheesy way to get free exp with out much change in my RP. So i was think about some alternatives that might work a little better than the drop in max spell rank.

Double the word count in a job: Pretty self explanatory here, I would not suggest a large boost as a lot of people can easily burn though a 2000 word post. But this is more of a challenge as in some of the lesser jobs they have to come up with more, and on the higher ones word counts can become big enough to make a job quite a bit more of a challenge.

Double the Post count: pretty much the same as the last one, is more of a challenge in later on jobs cause a 50 post job becomes a 100 post job.

NO MAGIC challenge: Weapons and physical only, basically the same as the current limiter.

Dice Doubler: This one can get redonk in the wrong jobs, What ever dice you roll counts as two dice of that type.

MP Cost Doubler: This is one that can be dangerous in the wrong hands, as the debuff for being low on MP are pretty bad at all ranks.

True Rank Drop: Similar to the current limiter except everything is treated as such and such rank. It wont count towards job rank reqs so a. A rank a True D rank limiter is still a A rank for qualifying for the job but is for all intensive purposes is a D rank for that job for one reason or another.

These are just some ideas. Give ma some imput please XD.

Towa Lazmira.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Towa's Theme:

Ume's Theme:
    The Blade of War - Unmade Primary Magic - Unmade Secondary Magic
    Unmade Armor - Unmade items.
    Rosetta Crawford
    Rosetta Crawford

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Villain- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Embodiment of the 13th
    Guild : Blue Pegasus
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Mentor : Sky Emperor Shangdi
    Experience : 367,824.5

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Ten No Kichi
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

New limiter ideas. Empty Re: New limiter ideas.

Post by Rosetta Crawford 15th July 2015, 12:11 am

The issue I see here is that the limiters are rarely used so putting too much effort into them seems a bit bleh.

However, you do raise a point. The limiters are a bit of a cheese. Though in my mind a limiter should prevent you doing jobs of your normal rank. So its a way to extra exp for those lower rank jobs you want to do but are normally not worth your time(except for rp)

_____________________________________________________________________________________

New limiter ideas. Zack2_by_gramcrackers-d8ker96

New limiter ideas. Zack_by_ravenart5-d8j23c0

New limiter ideas. Zackrose_zpse9a22d85
    Current missions(4/6):  get the squid A, King of Fighters(S), Village Protection(A), Repair the House(D)
    Cr1tikal
    Cr1tikal

Player 
    Cosmic Coins : 8

Character Sheet
    First Skill: FrostFire Dragon Slayer
    Second Skill: Cosmic Slayer
    Third Skill:

Post by Cr1tikal 15th July 2015, 12:20 am

I've used the limiter twice so far. One is in a C rank job that has really easy enemies, with my partner being D rank.

The other was a D rank job, which only had a chance at monsters if you rolled boss. Partner was, again, a D rank.

I feel limiters are fine as is. As long as used properly, they let you play with others of a lower rank without forcing them to go on jobs that put them in more danger, while keeping the job a challenge at the same time.

The others sound like challenges for custom jobs and such, or things that wouldn't affect to much save for the "true limiter" one which if you were a D rank in an A rank job would die pretty fast, a D rank couldn't take more than a few hits before they were done there.

New limiter ideas. MQNhOUw

Felicity Vrago
    Felicity Vrago

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- God Slayer- A-Rank- Rich- Player 
    Lineage : Angel of Chaos
    Guild : Eclipse Soul
    Mentor : Conquest/Decayuss
    Experience : 56875

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Crimson God Slayer
    Second Skill: Conquest Take Over
    Third Skill:

Post by Felicity Vrago 20th July 2015, 8:55 pm

If anything the mods just need to pay extra attention to these jobs that someone have limiters on. If the people with limiters are easily beating things of their rank then they cheesed it and should not be rewarded. It should either take extra time to beat exact same opponent or you need help. They should also RP getting hurt on the job too.

New limiter ideas. P5l7Dxp
    Tōwa Lazmira
    Tōwa Lazmira

Judge and jury

Judge and jury

Moderator- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Weapon of Apocalypse Wielder- Player 
    Lineage : Godchild
    Guild : Rune Knights
    Cosmic Coins : 5

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Cosmic Mind
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Tōwa Lazmira 20th July 2015, 11:46 pm

I just figured that the idea of a limiter is a bit.... drab honestly. The limiters can be useful for story reasons. I have used limiters twice. Once on Towa once one Kakuma. Kakuma had a cold which for some reason got in the way of her magic, Every time she tried to cast a A rank or above spell she sneezed. Limiters should not be free exp because they limit magic. I think it should be more used to encourage better posts. So doubling post count or word count can really do that. Like right now in a Train the Recruits job me and the other player decided to double the req word count... taking a D rank jobs word count to 300... which i though would be rather easy... but the lack of combat made it harder than i though. I have to put more details into the post and such. This is what I feel a limiter should be used for, a increase in post Quality.

Towa's Theme:

Ume's Theme:
    The Blade of War - Unmade Primary Magic - Unmade Secondary Magic
    Unmade Armor - Unmade items.
    Kirahunter
    Kirahunter

The Phoenix

The Phoenix

Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Rising Star- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- S-Rank- A-Rank- Haiku Contest Participant- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Hero- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Keeper of War
    Experience : 1,250

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Seith - Human Possession
    Second Skill: Stardust
    Third Skill:

Post by Kirahunter 21st July 2015, 10:06 am

Doubling work counts and post counts will just cause a vast increase in post fluff. More detail in a post does not always mean the post is better. While I am unsure how to proceed with limiters I don't think increasing word counts and such are really a good idea.

[20:44:53] Kirahunter : also I like the sound of my own voice
    [20:44:59] Kirahunter : so I had to say something

Missions Completed

D- 6 (150 exp)
    C- 1 (50 exp)
    B- 1 (1,050 exp)
    A- 0
    S- 0

Total:1250

Character
    Primary Magic

Current date/time is 19th May 2024, 7:43 am