Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Slayer of Slayers (Part 2: What is it?) CLOSED: DEAD

Kaseki
    Kaseki

Demon of life

Demon of life

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Coming Storms- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Armored Beast
    Position : None
    Guild : Savage Skull / Aelyst Crux (Dragon Fang Co-Founder)
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : Dregon (Magic), Master Aoi (Weapons), & Edward (Combat)
    Experience : 150

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Cʏʀᴏᴍᴀɴᴄʏ
    Second Skill: Aʀᴛ ᴏғ ᴡᴀʀ
    Third Skill:

Slayer of Slayers (Part 2: What is it?) CLOSED: DEAD Empty Slayer of Slayers (Part 2: What is it?) CLOSED: DEAD

Post by Kaseki 20th May 2014, 12:07 pm

So this was an idea began by NeoStigma. Anyways, we came together on this and we're making this at least a little better. He did the Spell, I worked Lineage. He both oversaw each other. Here's How it kinda went

Spell:
    layer of Slayers (SOS)

So as we know slayer magic is an iconic and over powered magic widely used in this site. I purpose to create a magic to even out the playing field, but I know there will be major conflict and those who will vote to reject this application. That is why I’d like to take your time, the staff, to explain how this magic would work.

Description: SOS is a magic that can rival all types of slayer magic; it allows the user to increase their defense and offensive capabilities to combat slayers in order to fight on even terms an even playing field. The user would absorbed ANY elemental slayer magic and covert it into energy similarly how slayers can absorb elements. The absorbed magic will then be converted and used to summon a weapon, shield or armor specifically effective against that slayer magic. For example if a slayer would use their roar, the SOS would and ABSORBE THE DAMAGE and WILL GAIN POWER EQUAL to the DAMAGE TAKEN. The power would then be used to summon armor, a shield, or a weapon with similar elemental properties absorbed and taken. Example, a fire based attack absorbed would turn into fire sword, shield, or armor, and this apply to other elements.

Strengths:

1) A weapon made by this magic gains a plus +100% attack power boost and a bonus 50% boost if fighting a slayer.
    2) Armor and a Shield made by this magic gains a plus +100% defense and a bonus 50% resistance against slayer magic.
    3) Weapons, Shields, and Armor made by this Magic CANNOT BE ABSORBED AND CONSUMED BY OTHER SLAYERS.

Weaknesses:

1) The user MUST TAKE THE DAMAGE in order to absorb the attack, this is the only way to absorb the magic it to take the damage, the user cannot block or evade. THE USER MUST GET HURT in order to gain the ability to slay a particular slayer.
    2) The user cannot absorb more than one slayer magic, meaning if the user already absorbed a dragon slayer magic they cannot absorb a god slayer, or a devil slayer.
    3) The user also cannot switch elements instantly they would need to unequip whatever weapon, shield or armor they made using the previous element.
    4) If a weapon, shield, or armor is made using this magic without absorbing slayer magic then the items stats are of a normal magical weapon and is only as strong as the users rank. It will not get the boost if the user does not take slayer damage and absorb it.
    5) While using SOS the user cannot use any other magic including their lineage, until they unequip and wait until the 5 post cool down.
    6) SOS does not fully absorb an regular elemental mages attack, and the user cannot absorb elements around them, for example the user cannot consume a fire or a bolt of lightning, meaning they cannot absorb natural elements that were not made by magic.
    7) The user can only use one element at a time, unlike dragon slayers SOS CANNOT dual wield elements at the same time.

Lineage:

Peacekeeper of Swords(AKA: Slayer of Slayers)
    Description: Aeons ago there was a great war between gods, demons, dragons and slayers. These races sent out their best to fight in this epic battle. All combatants were the best from their kind and sent to execute the opposing sides to rank themselves superior. However in this phenomenal battle there was a single unskilled knight among the army of the slayers. He saw the battle plans and the dark sides of war, in battle he found himself to be his own enemy. During the mist of battle he convinced the gods, demons and dragons that he was utterly useless to the slayers. The others saw this, and granted him access to look over the plans of battle they had. The knight had seen the plans of attack and knew that it would end the world. By being unskilled and not fit for battle he roamed each side, he collected the secrets of them all and upon the greatest battle of the war, he ceased the attacks. He showed them all the chaos they would create. The four armies saw this and agreed to lay down their arms. The knight was known as the Peacekeeper.
    Ability: Able to absorb Demon, God, Dragon and Slayer magic attacks into a source of stored energy. The user can turn the stored energy into a physical weapon to attack the target that attacked them. (ATTACKS ONLY WITH THAT ONE TYPE OF MAGIC)
    Usage: Passive

Peacekeeper of Shields (AKA: Slayer of Slayers)
    Description: Aeons ago there was a great war between gods, demons, dragons and slayers. These races sent out their best to fight in this epic battle. All combatants were the best from their kind and sent to execute the opposing sides to rank themselves superior. However in this phenomenal battle there was a single unskilled knight among the army of the slayers. He saw the battle plans and the dark sides of war, in battle he found himself to be his own enemy. During the mist of battle he convinced the gods, demons and dragons that he was utterly useless to the slayers. The others saw this, and granted him access to look over the plans of battle they had. The knight had seen the plans of attack and knew that it would end the world. By being unskilled and not fit for battle he roamed each side, he collected the secrets of them all and upon the greatest battle of the war, he ceased the attacks. He showed them all the chaos they would create. The four armies saw this and agreed to lay down their arms. The knight was known as the Peacekeeper.
    Ability: Able to absorb Demon, God, Dragon and Slayer magic attacks into a source of stored energy. The user can turn the stored energy into armor to further defend against the attacks making them nulled and near to useless. (DEFENDS ONLY FOR THAT ONE TYPE OF MAGIC)
    Usage: Passive

So there it is. Obviously we're still working it out, but here's where we are now.

Any comments, suggestions, concerns?

Previous Thread: https://www.fairytail-rp.com/t7634p15-slayer-of-slayer-magic

EDIT: More info added to Spell

Last edited by Kaseki on 20th May 2014, 5:56 pm; edited 3 times in total

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Serapheal
    Serapheal

Moderator- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- H-Rank- S-Rank- Richie Rich- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Genisis Key
    Guild : 尺u刀乇 ズ刀ノgんイ丂
    Mentor : []D [] []V[] []D
    Experience : 0

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Claire Mierre
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Slayer of Slayers (Part 2: What is it?) CLOSED: DEAD Empty Re: Slayer of Slayers (Part 2: What is it?) CLOSED: DEAD

Post by Serapheal 20th May 2014, 12:56 pm

This is ridiculous...   Slayers have no actual advantages over someone who is not of their element and if there element isn't readily available,   of which that element can be nullified before it is a problem.   The only advantage a slayer would have compared to a non slayer is the ability to enter S-Force,   which anyone could make an admitably lesser version of if they wished for their own magics.

A "Slayer of Slayers" is crazy and not in a good way,  and is only an excuse for someone to godmod/powerplay slayers into defeat with no actual skill or talent.

As everyone has already said,   just use your imagination and be creative,  and not just "FAK DA PO- Slayers"  

Slayers are mages too,  with strengths and weaknesses of their own just like anyone else.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Slayer of Slayers (Part 2: What is it?) CLOSED: DEAD XeQjtg0
    King Zenshin
    King Zenshin

The judge

The judge

Moderator- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- S-Rank- A-Rank- Halloween job event participant - Rich- Veteran Level 6- Veteran Level 5- Veteran Level 4- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 2nd Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Summer Special Participant- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Aspect of Neptune
    Guild : N/A
    Cosmic Coins : 25
    Dungeon Tokens : 9
    Experience : 263,160

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Knight of Space
    Second Skill: Paladin's Armaments
    Third Skill:

Slayer of Slayers (Part 2: What is it?) CLOSED: DEAD Empty Re: Slayer of Slayers (Part 2: What is it?) CLOSED: DEAD

Post by King Zenshin 20th May 2014, 1:59 pm

It's not overpowered. Lol.

A magic is only as strong as its user. Any magic can be as strong if not stronger than a slayers. Instead of playing the meta, just try to write an actual magic better.

Missions Completed
    100 Year: 1
    10 Year: 1
    S-Ranked: 1
    A-Ranked: 4
    B-Ranked: 4
    D-Ranked: 3
    Event Experience: 57,562.5
    Dungeon Experience: 2,325
    Total Experience: 263,160

Character / Vincent Gauss
    Primary Magic / Knight of Space
    Secondary Magic / Paladin's Armaments
    History & Notebook | Bank
    Golden Lacrima | Expires 7/9/2019
    Kirahunter
    Kirahunter

The Phoenix

The Phoenix

Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Rising Star- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- S-Rank- A-Rank- Haiku Contest Participant- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Hero- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Keeper of War
    Experience : 1,250

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Seith - Human Possession
    Second Skill: Stardust
    Third Skill:

Post by Kirahunter 20th May 2014, 2:23 pm

slayers are only as strong as the magic is written. I know several magics that have been made on this site that make slayers look like whimps. I know Zenshin's Recreation magic for example is pretty amazing. I don't mean to brag but my own Phoenix Magic has many edges over slayers. Yugi's Living Art magic has taken out slayers before. Von Stein packs one of the most OP d-rank magics ever. Warden's Requip. Zeno's Arcana. All of these are great examples of magic that can rival if not out match slayers. Your magic is what you make it.

[20:44:53] Kirahunter : also I like the sound of my own voice
    [20:44:59] Kirahunter : so I had to say something

Missions Completed

D- 6 (150 exp)
    C- 1 (50 exp)
    B- 1 (1,050 exp)
    A- 0
    S- 0

Total:1250

Character
    Primary Magic
    Kaseki
    Kaseki

Demon of life

Demon of life

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Coming Storms- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Kaseki 20th May 2014, 3:20 pm

I do not post this as an attempt to obtain such a thing, for i see no joy in such a power. I for one find happiness within my own Water skills.

I post this simply for discussions. Some find this skill too over powered, while others find it passable and others find it underpowered.

So here's a topic for discussion...

If everyone is legendary Dragon Slayers, what does that make everyone else? Why have a world full of Slayers.

Sure not everyone is a slayer, but this site is slowly becoming that way. However I have vowed from the start... I shall wield fire and ice.

NeoStigma
    NeoStigma

Player 
    Lineage : Knight of Swords
    Guild : Nox Animus
    Experience : 0

Character Sheet
    First Skill: MechaEvolution (SOS) Slayer of the Slain
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by NeoStigma 20th May 2014, 3:41 pm

It's a working progress I plan to go in depth later to night this is merely a crash course. I knew in advance this magic will have difficulty in being approved from the start but I found it an interesting challenge, that is why I'll be constantly revising and editing this magic, it is still in the development stage, there is still much I have yet to go in depth on. So I kindly ask you staff for your patience, I am not out here to create a magic to eradicate all slayers. In fact I am a fan of slayers myself. I only wish to create a magic open for other mages. Again I state this is merely a rough draft, I plan to calculate and do proper research in order to make this type of magic, reasonable and fair. I again would like to thank the staff your input and your insights, thank you for your time.

Slayer of Slayers (Part 2: What is it?) CLOSED: DEAD 670px-10
    Kaseki
    Kaseki

Demon of life

Demon of life

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Kaseki 20th May 2014, 4:36 pm

Gotta make something to balance the site, right? So how can we give this power, while limiting it?

Duchess Sunlight
    Duchess Sunlight

VIP- God Slayer- Player 
    Lineage : Malefic Illusions
    Guild : Fairy Tail
    Mentor : Prometheus
    Experience : 337500

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Flame God Slayer Magic
    Second Skill: Ash Reanimation Magic
    Third Skill:

Post by Duchess Sunlight 20th May 2014, 5:19 pm

You're suggesting something that is against what you want to do. You say you want to "balance" the site yet by adding a mage who can overpower a slayer simply creates a new type of slayer. Not only are you both going against your goal, you're both filling the world with more slayers...

Slayer of Slayers (Part 2: What is it?) CLOSED: DEAD OWuoDMp
    Kaseki
    Kaseki

Demon of life

Demon of life

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Kaseki 20th May 2014, 5:56 pm

Neo and I discussed the life of this possible magic.

this is closed.

Slayer of Slayers is now officially dead. Thank you for your input.

Current date/time is 6th May 2024, 5:56 am