Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Jaina's Ark Of Time (Finished)

Jaina
    Jaina

Player 
    Lineage : Blessed by the Fourth Wall
    Position : None
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 0

Jaina's Ark Of Time (Finished) Empty Jaina's Ark Of Time (Finished)

Post by Jaina 26th March 2014, 9:23 pm

Magic

Primary Magic: Ark Of Time
    Secondary Magic: n/a
    Caster or Holder: Caster
    Description:

The user forcibly takes control over an items location in time and space. This can be to the effect of speeding it up, slowing it down, pausing it completely, or any variation in between. It can also play with perceptions of time, but by far it's largest application is to the environment around the user. Causing items to wither and rot, or something broken can be repaired in mere seconds.

The biggest drawback however is that people can not be affected by the ark of time. Humans, and human like pets (such as the Exceed) are not effected by this magic so in order to have a use in combat it must work off of the environment. However, as with all magics that can not affect humans, creatures like Celestial Spirits can be affected in various ways. (Also it ark of time is capable of interfering with another wizards magic)

In combat this magic provides the user with great offensive and defensive abilities, through the manipulation of the environment. However there is little left in the ways of supportive abilities or spells, and the magic relies more on positioning because it can not directly affect a human being.

Strengths:

• Provides the user uncontested control over an items time stream, capable of manipulating and twisting it's perceived location in time and space.
    • Can twist and warp the environment in many seemingly unnatural ways to shift the battle field to the users advantage.
    • Dangerous against Requip, holder, and maker magics, as it has the ability to destroy items equal to the users rank, simply by throwing them into the future where they become little more then rust and rags of what they were.
    • Dangerous against celestial spirits, as they are not human their time stream can be manipulated, and while they are immortal spending 'time' inside the human world hurts them, and so speeding up the time stream of a celestial spirit would harm them, and reduce the amount of posts they could stay in the human world.

Weaknesses:

• Can not affect the time stream of a human being in any direct way. Can not age them, pause them, or slow them.
    • Holds little in the way of supportive spells: does not provide, healing, armor, or increase the users natural strength in any way.
    • Earth Caster Mages: Rocks, Crystals and salts do not rust, nor break under the pressures of time. The earth Element is very durable to this kind of magic.
    •  High Cool Downs: This magic puts stress on the time space continuum, and after one of their durations are done it takes a while before it becomes available again.
    • Most of the S rank spells cause the user to loose their own personal time as a cost, causing them to rapidly age as a side effect of their massive release in power.

Abilities/Powers:
    N/A

Spell Template

D rank spells:
    Aria Beleren
    Aria Beleren

Cosmic Soul

Cosmic Soul

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Rising Star- Legal Guild Ace- S-Rank- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Christmas Event Winner- Hero- Have Seijin On Your Friends List- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Mentor : Memnarch

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Tergiversation Arts
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Jaina's Ark Of Time (Finished) Empty Re: Jaina's Ark Of Time (Finished)

Post by Aria Beleren 27th March 2014, 10:19 am

Alright I've looked at this. It seems like the quirk here is that it affects any spell or any item. I would have to say that this is a definite no.

Flash Forward-
    Fine

Wild Growth-
    Fine

Decay-
    You can't affect all spells with such a spell. C rank spell durations are reduced by 2 posts
    D rank spell durations are reduced by 3
    You can only disable D rank requip spells

Repair/Renew-
    Opposite of what I sad for rust.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Themes:
    Jaina
    Jaina

Player 

Post by Jaina 27th March 2014, 10:50 am

I think I can address this in a post since I am kind of unclear on what your asking.

This magic only affects the surroundings, and various items, so it mostly counters Maker Magic, Requip, and Celestial Spirits as it did in the show. most other caster magic's are not affected by it, as seen with the show. (as Ultear had no real defense against Natsu, just a rather powerful offense)

As for Renew and Decay... Rank is already a huge factor on these spells. neither of them affect items that are higher then the spells rank, which is currently D rank. as they grow in rank and power they will grow in effect, but currently they are limited to ripping apart or restoring 1 D rank item (or spirit) every 10 posts, which seems rather fair to me considering the common person will have 4. Thus in order to completely disable a D rank Requip mage it would take 40 posts.

For Decay Rank is the first weakness, and under renew it's the third weakness.

So it seems to me like the app already addresses the problems you have with the magic. Unless I am missing something.
    Aria Beleren
    Aria Beleren

Cosmic Soul

Cosmic Soul

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Rising Star- Legal Guild Ace- S-Rank- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Christmas Event Winner- Hero- Have Seijin On Your Friends List- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Mentor : Memnarch

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Tergiversation Arts
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Aria Beleren 28th March 2014, 11:51 am

TLDR

approved

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Themes:
    Godlike Frederik
    Godlike Frederik
    The Forsaken

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- 11 Sinner- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Apex of Darkness
    Guild : Errings Rising
    Experience : 258,417

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Plague Craft
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Godlike Frederik 28th March 2014, 12:05 pm

Apologies, but I am going to butt in here. Could you put that in the spells as well for clarification, as well as elaborate how it is that your magic affects celestial spirits? As we know celestial spirits are beings that don't age right. And relay on the magic power of it's users on how long they can stay in the world.

Kaligos
    Kaligos

Quality Badge Level 1- Dragon Slayer- Player 
    Guild : Fairy Tail
    Mentor : The Earth Dragon Koralistrasz

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Earth Dragon Slayer.
    Second Skill: Poison Dragon Slayer Lacrima.
    Third Skill:

Post by Kaligos 28th March 2014, 12:23 pm

Fred everything i just said is already in the magic, and i already explained the relationship between my magic and celestial spirits in the magic. Watch:
    last weakness in Decay:

In the case of a celestial Spirit, the spirit is not killed (as they are immortal), but rather their body is forced to spend several days\months\years in the human world forcing the spirit to retreat back into the spirit world, where it must go on cool down.

As you just said in your post celestial spirits depend on a contract and the mana of their summoner to stay in the human world. In the show it was shown that prolonged exposure to the human world hurts them after the magic of their CW dries up. Ergo a spell that ages an item rapidly is forcing that spirit to spend years in the human world. Ergo it would need to go back.

also all the stuff i said about rank:

Weakness number four from Renew:

Can only restore an item of the users rank or lower.

weakness number 1 from decay:

Only works on items or celestial spirits of the users rank or lower.

So again i ask you what are you trying to make me add here fred, cause everything I just talked about is already IN THE MAGIC.

~Character~
    Jaina's Ark Of Time (Finished) 34r

~Magic~
    Jaina's Ark Of Time (Finished) Kali%27s+siggy

EXP:325/750
    Missons completed::

theme songs:

Current date/time is 20th May 2024, 11:57 am