Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

The Art of Vulnerability

Vandrad Ragnos
    Vandrad Ragnos

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Player 
    Lineage : Traveller of the Multiverse
    Position : None
    Guild : Fairy Tail
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 7,808,129

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Energy Monarch
    Second Skill: Ark of the Dread Masters
    Third Skill:

The Art of Vulnerability - Page 2 Empty Re: The Art of Vulnerability

Post by Vandrad Ragnos 27th May 2023, 7:08 pm

Maker

words: 891/14,313. tag: @Mercury Arseneault . notes:
    Promises indeed. Maker gave Mercury a look that seemed to guarantee that he was, perhaps, making a promise to her. They’d gone through a lot of emotions in the last few days and while he wasn’t going to presume that he could simply have his way with her, she had indicated a few times in a short period that she wasn’t against the idea. She hadn’t given any kind of verbal agreement to their working together but he did sense a change in their relationship. Funny how truths had a way of deepening a connection rather than driving it apart, even terrible ones like he’d professed to her. Nonetheless, it was hardly the time to focus on that as he activated the teleportation on his wristband and transferred them to the bridge of the ship.

Mercury greeted the ship quietly, addressing her as beautiful. Maker smiled softly, equal parts amused and appreciative of the Xocili’s respect for the archaic vessel. The seat appeared before him, though he opted not to sit in it as he stood opposite Mercury, looking out into the world he had shifted. She spoke up, asking if she could interface with it. She promised that it wasn’t with the intent to go snooping around; she just wanted to see how it felt on the inside. “Please, be my guest,” he said, gesturing to the panel for her. She moved around and placed her hand on it, closing her eyes. Maker watched as she linked to the system, completely unaware of what was going on inside. He was connected to the system but not in a way where he could truly track whatever it was she was currently doing. But he was fascinated; watching the slight twitches and movements on her face as she seamlessly blended her consciousness with that of the ship.

It was a truly fascinating and marvelous sight to behold. Her face shifted slightly into something more somber and Maker cocked his head slightly at the change. After another moment, her eyes opened and she remarked about the weight of the loss. Apparently she must have gone in to see if there were any traces of consciousness inside the ship. Maker nodded softly. “Yes, it truly is. To think that their race sacrificed themselves in hopes of preserving one of their kind and only this remnant made it through. There are no words…” Even Maker seemed sad over the weight of the devastating turn of events, his eyes looking upwards and around the room in despondent awe.

When she spoke again, she marveled at how wonderful it was. She understood why he chose to stay in the ship and, if she had been in his shoes, she would have been hard pressed to ever leave. And she commended his idea to hide it in a pocket universe; it kept it protected from wandering eyes, as she admitted that doing so made it nearly impossible to track him down. He chuckled softly, smiling as he turned to look at her. “Well if I were easy to find, what fun would that be? I had to provide you with some challenge, given how you’ve forced me to adjust strategy at least eight times at this point.”

“But from now on, you can call this your work and living space as well. There is plenty of room; more than the cold bunker that I had you in before. There’s plenty of sleeping quarters, though I would be remiss if I didn’t point out that my room has the largest bed.” A not-so-subtle hint but he pushed by it with barely a pause. “There is one last thing I would like to show you. Come with me,” he offered her his hand once more, this time taking it so that he could guide her through the nearest door. They walked through several hallways that looked rather similar, composed of the same metal scale material. He brought her down a few levels before they walked through an open hallway that then led to a circular chamber. It was a different room from the others and at its core was a glass encased chamber, filled with green fluid. Glowing orbs hung on synthetic vines within the case, filling out dozens of rows leading back and running further up than one could comfortably see. A platform jutted out from the main path to the front of the glass pane, with a console at its edge and what looked to be a helmet resting on its top, connected via a wire.

“This is Knowhere,” Maker informed her as they approached the platform. “The receptacle for the combined knowledge I was wrongfully given from the All-Knowing. Each one of those orbs is the intelligence from a different person from my planet. Mental acuity from all of those from Teras Prime and even the ones that had long since passed, their knowledge joining with that of the world.” He stopped in front of the panel and gestured to the head piece. “It can be accessed via this head piece. Unfortunately I haven’t authorized your access to it… yet. But I wanted you to see it.” His eyes lingered on the glass with a look of mournful contemplation. “The majority of my people… their thoughts, memories and lessons preserved, even after their souls have passed on…”

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Mercury Arseneault
    Mercury Arseneault

Lineage : Gold Rush
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Experience : 6,857,298

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Gunblade Master
    Second Skill: Mecha Primordial Slayer
    Third Skill:

Post by Mercury Arseneault 28th May 2023, 9:57 am

Mercury Banner
    Cunning is the art of concealing our own defects
    and discovering other peoples' weaknesses.
    “Eight times today, or just in general? Well, they were back to some normalcy with teasing each other, though it was decidedly less hate fueled than it had been in the months and years prior. Her grin was full of self pleasure, all too happy to acknowledge that she was quite proud of herself for making him have to rethink so often. The expression only grew more devious as Maker explained that he had made the decision to transfer her here, rather than keeping her in the bunker, and that he had plenty of options as far as board though his room was the one with the biggest bed. “Aw, that’s so sweet of you to give up your bedroom for me. What a gentleman…”

This is fun, she thought to herself. However, before that topic could proceed any further, he informed her that he had one last thing he wanted to show her, reaching out his arm to take her hand. Mercury allowed him to do so without hesitation or complaint, happy to follow along beside him as he led her through a few hallways and down several levels. Mercury was already tracking the layout of the ship and everything that she could see, building a blueprint in her head so she could more easily navigate the space while she was there. She couldn’t map it all out without her drones or at least wandering the place herself, but she assumed there would be plenty of time for that since he was allowing her to stay here now.

Finally, he brought her to a chamber that was unlike anything she had seen before. A large glass structure that was filled with green fluid that was almost embryonic in nature awaited them there. It was filled with glowing orbs that were rooted into a system of vines that were so numerous she was certain she couldn’t count them all if she tried. There had to have been billions of them, easily. A raised platform jutted out to meet the glass, bearing a panel and some kind of wired helmet. It dawned on her what it was even before he said it: Knowhere.

Once more she was captivated by the sight before her, her eyes glued to the structure even as he explained that this was the receptacle that the ship had given him to save his life, containing all the knowledge of his people; not just the ones that had been alive at the time of the All-Knowing, but also those that had passed long before it. He was able to access it through the headpiece, which he informed her she did not have the authorization for yet. Still, he wanted her to at least see it as it was the remnants of his lost people, their memories and experiences.

“Maker, I would never expect to have access to something like this,” she informed him truthfully. Sure, the point could have been made that eventually she had hoped to find Knowhere and rob him of it, but as curious as she was she had never planned to try and use it herself. All she had wanted to do was give it to Blade. But no matter which brother possessed it, it was personal to them. Maybe once upon a time that wouldn’t have meant much of anything to her, but these days she wasn’t as selfish as she used to be. “How exactly does it work? Is it just like… searching for files or keywords in a browser to pull up the knowledge stored within, or did they retain their sentience? Do they converse with you in the conventional sense?”

WORDS: 610/15,376 | @Vandrad Ragnos
    Serilda Sinclair

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Vandrad Ragnos
    Vandrad Ragnos

Lineage : Traveller of the Multiverse
    Guild : Fairy Tail
    Experience : 7,808,129

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Energy Monarch
    Second Skill: Ark of the Dread Masters
    Third Skill:

Post by Vandrad Ragnos 28th May 2023, 11:28 am

Maker

words: 866/15,179. tag: @Mercury Arseneault . notes:
    She jokingly misinterpreted his offer to join him in his bed to him offering up the bed to her. And she seemed quite proud of herself over the joke. “What can I say, I aim to be as respectful as possible,” he retorted with his own self-pleased smirk, flashing her a glance before he continued on. No doubt the matter of where she would be staying was going to be resolved sooner rather than later, if the mood and tension between them was any kind of sign. But for the moment, he had something more important to show her and guided her through the depths of the ship until they came upon the result of his misdeeds; Knowhere.

It had been built into the ship, mostly because that was the best way to keep the embryonic fluid powered to protect the memory cores. He explained a bit about what she was seeing, as well as the head piece that was set on the panel in front of them. He insinuated that he would provide her some access to the machine in time and she admitted that she would never expect to have access to it. “I can’t promise a full range of access; there are bits in there that are a bit… personal,” he admitted softly, his eyes trailing over the glass and the orbs inside. “But I can give you enough to learn more about my people. More than I could ever describe myself. Though I don’t know why I’d hold anything back; you already know more about me than most anyone else…”

She asked how the system worked, wondering if it was like searching a database, where he could input a request and receive information. Further, she wondered if each memory had its own sentience and conversed with him while he was inside. “It’s… complicated. For lack of a more apt explanation, it is what one might call a fusing of minds. A neural connection is made and a request for a certain piece of knowledge remains in your mind and is collected by Knowhere. It then seeks out the appropriate pieces of knowledge from the minds within and assimilates it into your own mind. It becomes like a… picture show. Images, such as memories or blueprints, can be seen and are learned. Sometimes a voice of the person can orate what is being provided but it’s almost like a recording, lacking emotion or sensation. I don’t believe there’s any sentience retained in them. I personally believe their souls have passed on but I’m not… really sure.” His words caught a little as he continued to stare into the glass. He’d put a lot of thought into the fate of his people but that didn’t make it any easier to ponder.

After several moments, he turned to look at her. “There is still a lot of the ship to see but we can do that later. I can show you to your quarters.” Once more he offered his hand to her and led her out of the room. They would descend a few flights and move towards a different hallway, which came to an end at another door. He gently took her hand and pressed it against the door, the barrier humming softly before it finally opened. Within was a glorious room, filled with a warm light from a ceiling embedded lamp. Flowers of differing colors lined the top of the walls where it connected to the ceiling. A pair of rounded windows lay on the opposing side of the walls and there was a desk with a chair in the corner to their left. On the right was a king sized bed, hovering above the ground. Several chairs and tables lined the area around, with books and tomes covering the top of the tables. The back wall where the bed was set had a holographic display, showing a cluster of stars within a colorful nebula.

He let her take in the sight for a moment before he commented. “It was previously occupied so it’s a little cluttered,” he admitted, all she would need to know that this was, in fact, his room. “But it has windows so I figured that would be an upgrade from where you were before.” He reached out and took her hand gently, turning her towards him, even as he approached and got close. “But I figured that I could show you around the room a bit. Maybe help you… break it in?” he asked playfully, reaching up with his free hand to brush some hair from her face and gently run his fingertips over her cheek. His eyes lingered on her for a moment before he leaned in to kiss her, backing her up slowly until she was pressed against the door frame where he could kiss her proper.

It was a leap but one that he felt sure was the right one. Despite everything that had passed between them over the past several days, there was no denying the chemistry that existed between them. And Maker wasn’t one to back away from an experiment, all too willing to take a chance to see what came of it.

Mercury Arseneault
    Mercury Arseneault

Lineage : Gold Rush
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Experience : 6,857,298

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Gunblade Master
    Second Skill: Mecha Primordial Slayer
    Third Skill:

Post by Mercury Arseneault 28th May 2023, 1:18 pm

Mercury Banner
    Cunning is the art of concealing our own defects
    and discovering other peoples' weaknesses.
    It seemed Maker wasn’t planning on giving her full access, which was no surprise. There were things stored within its depths that were personal to him, or so he claimed. Only time would well if that was a genuine sentiment or just his attempts at keeping the breadth of stolen knowledge for himself – or both. Still, he insisted that he was happy to give her some of it so she could learn more about his people in a way that he could never truly do justice, though he wasn’t sure why he’d hold anything back as she already knew more about him than anyone ever had.

She asked about how it worked and he explained that it was more of a temporary hive mind situation. He linked himself to the system and Knowhere would read what it was he was searching for, finding what it had available and reciprocating the exchange of information. The result allowed him to see visual images, though sometimes a voice would also speak out to explain what he was seeing, if in a very robotic way that lacked any semblance of life. Either way, he did not believe they truly retained sentience and hoped that their souls had moved on. Mercury, of course, had an answer for that… but even if she was in a position to give such an answer without tipping her hand, she was sure he would not be pleased by the knowledge.

It was time to move on, however, as he was eager to show her to her “quarters”. Whatever else there was to go over, it seemed he had decided that was the most pressing issue, and Mercury wasn’t about to argue it. Off through the ship they went once more until they approached a doorway. He took her hand in his, guiding it to rest on the outside of the door until it opened at her touch, revealing an absolutely breathtaking bedroom. It was bright and airy, with cool whites and grays as well as an array of fresh flowers around the space that gave it a wondrously floral aroma. There was various furniture around the room including a king sized bed beneath a holograph designed to look like a large window peering out into space. The bed was hovering slightly off the ground, and there were books and such scattered across the tables and desks.

Maker apologized for what little mess there was, teasingly stating that the room was previously occupied; a tie back to her prior joke that earned him a delighted grin from her. Still, it had windows which was certainly a step up from what she’d been in the last few months. Before Mercury could have a chance to comment, he took her hand again and turned her to face him, pulling himself a little closer to her. He offered to show her around the room a bit, to help her “break it in” and she simply couldn’t help the knowing little smirk on her face as he ran his fingers gently through her hair as he had done days prior, brushing it back from her face. Mercury leaned her face against his fingers ever so slightly as he traced her cheek with the back of them.  “Mmm and here I thought you were going to keep stringing me along until I begged…”

When he leaned in to kiss her, she met him halfway, meeting his lips with a desire that had been building up for much longer than just that day. He pushed her back slowly against the frame of the door, pinning her between it and him while she slipped her arms around the back of his neck, holding him close. Was this a bad idea? Probably, but that had never stopped Mercury before, and she was all too eager to see how well their chemistry translated between the sheets. They had both given each other quite a bit to think about…

…but all that would simply have to wait.

WORDS: 661/16,037 | @Vandrad Ragnos
    Serilda Sinclair

Current date/time is 27th April 2024, 2:00 pm