Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

What Do You Call A Group of Fairies? [Intro | Open]

Blaire Fenella
    Blaire Fenella

Player 
    Lineage : Curse of The White Witch
    Position : None
    Faction : -
    Guild : Fairy Tail
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 1,050

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

What Do You Call A Group of Fairies? [Intro | Open] Empty What Do You Call A Group of Fairies? [Intro | Open]

Post by Blaire Fenella 28th April 2023, 5:19 pm

What Do You Call A Group of Fairies? [Intro | Open] Blaire-Template

Blaire couldn't help but be nervous. She could feel her wings flick and twitch beneath what could really only be described as a smock with sleeves and a collar. The sleeves themselves were just baggy enough that the hand that hung at her side was hidden by the fabric that had draped down around it. In her hand though, was what looked like a pair of polished seashells that had been bolted together. She chewed on the inside of her cheek before she brought her hand up to her face, the sleeve slipping away to reveal what the contraption actually was. It was..a compact? Made out of real seashells?

Interesting. Blaire flicked it open with just two fingers as she stood at the crux of the intersection of Main Street and Dragonbane Avenue. People often accused her of acting without thinking. And sure, coming all the way here from the other side of the country might have been a bad idea. But nobody back home would have taken her attempts to get into a guild seriously. She took a deep breath as the mirror embedded in the top shell caught a glare, and then cleared up, revealing..the face of another woman? An older one too, by the looks of it.

"You promise you aren't gonna try and talk me out of this?" the young woman asked, almost sounding like she was hoping that she would. Unfortunately, the older woman chuckled softly, a smile spreading across her lips as she shook her head.

"Like you said. It'll be good for you to experience new things. I can't think of any easier way to do that than to join a guild. And according to your own words, this one is the only one in a reasonable distance where they wouldn't have heard of you. Am I missing anything?"

The lips of the woman in the compact moved, but the voice that accompanied them only echoed in Blaire's head. The young woman huffed as she looked away, the noise of  her tongue clicking against the back of her teeth becoming audible. Just because she had asked Oceana didn't mean she was asking to be called out. A small giggle echoed through her mind as the compact was clapped shut and shoved back into the pocket of her smock.

Well. No time like the present. With that in mind she raised her hands, running them upwards to straighten her lengthy hair out before confidently striding down Dragonbane Avenue. She didn't stop, even as she had to extend her arms outwards and all but throw open the closed oak doors. The fact that the building had looked so old had almost made her walk right past it.

Luckily for her, she wouldn't have to run into the immediate potential embarrassment of flinging the doors open dramatically in front of a crowd. Why was that? Well, the entrance hall of the guild was empty. A bar on one side, a job desk on the other. Both missing people. Odd. Still, Blaire pushed forward, slowly pushing open the door that led into the next room.

"Hello? Anyone home? Someone better be, I can't exactly try to join this guild if the place is fucking empty!" She called out, her natural abundance of energy starting to take the form of anxiety and impatience as she stepped into the lounge area, her eyes scanning across a veritable ocean of couches and other relaxation furniture. Someone had to be here.

Word Count: 574
    Total Word Count: 574
    Tags: N/A  
    Mura Kensho
    Mura Kensho

The Ghost Slayer

The Ghost Slayer

Regular VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Neutral Guild Ace- Dark Guild Ace- S-Rank- A-Rank- Halloween Social - Haiku Contest Participant- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Hero- Summer Special Participant- Player 
    Lineage : Pluto's Oathbreaker
    Position : God of Mettle
    Partner : Mythica
    Faction : The Luminous Covenant
    Guild : Fairy Tail (GM)
    Cosmic Coins : 155
    Dungeon Tokens : 21
    Experience : 10,355

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Spirit Completion Magic
    Second Skill: Onmyōdō
    Third Skill: Second Origin

What Do You Call A Group of Fairies? [Intro | Open] Empty Re: What Do You Call A Group of Fairies? [Intro | Open]

Post by Mura Kensho 3rd May 2023, 1:18 pm

Thank goodness… had she showed up a little earlier, then the embarrassment from witnessing all the mess that had been left would’ve likely scared her away from Fairy Tail. Okay, listen – it was a little wild last night, but Magnolia Town was synonym for parties, and everybody in Fiore knew that.

Henceforth, thereforth, all the usual visitors were licking their wounds and resting today. Hangovers, headaches, injuries of any and all kinds were being tended to, and the guild hall had been cleaned up from its waste. On a day as busy as today, with the majority of the mages of Fairy Tail going out on recent quests, the guild hall sure felt empty… but a few remained.

The bartender was here, picking up a couple glasses from the table in the middle of the lounge. Said bartender was a fair lad, dark-skinned with strawberry-blond hair, wearing a red vest and a bowtie along with stylish, black pants to complete the ultimate butler look. After having picked up two cups, he made his way past the newcomer, nodding at her with a smile on his face. “Mura, no more slacking off – you got a guest to entertain.”

“I’m not slacking! I’m just stretching, that’s all,” the voice of the shaman groaned from behind the couch at the table, accompanied with a couple cracks akin to popping bubble wrap, “Y-You don’t have to embarrass me in front of everyone you meet… heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey ho!”

With a sudden shout, he lifted himself up in the air and stayed… afloat. Ignoring gravity all-together, the shaman approached the newcomer laying upside down in the air, clad in a black gi with orange outlines, sandals, and a sheathed katana on his side. His clothes were loose, foreign, and not many Fioreans boasted the same style as a man from countries down under. Then again, what else to expect from a devout Midijin…

“Kyuken, leave her alone,” he quickly warned the entity of that name, whose form would appear… not at all, being the name of an invisible entity that only Fairy Tail mages (or ghost whisperers) could see, “-As you can see, I’m still home, lady. No need to panic - our members and visitors are mortal and can’t party all around the clock, 24/7 – as much as some of us would want to. He would use this moment to spin his body around, so that he could finally gaze at her normally, letting his feet touch the ground in gracious fashion.

“…” He couldn’t help but lean his body to the side, gazing across her back… but assuming he wasn’t seeing anything strange, he continued: “Take a seat, please. Adam will bring you a drink – in the meantime, tell me more about yourself… people don’t decide to become guild mages in a night.”

WC: 467
    PTWC: 467
    TTWC: 1041

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Themes:
    Blaire Fenella
    Blaire Fenella

Player 

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

What Do You Call A Group of Fairies? [Intro | Open] Empty Re: What Do You Call A Group of Fairies? [Intro | Open]

Post by Blaire Fenella 5th May 2023, 8:54 pm

Well, it seemed things were just going to get stranger and stranger here. The entryway? Empty. But there were glasses everywhere. On end tables, the arms of chairs and couches. Judging from the smell, it looked like she'd arrived here the day after some massive party. On the one hand, that was a good thing. It meant she'd have been able to find someone to talk to who could give her the pass or denial to join up. But..well. To say she was a little bummed that she'd missed a chance to potentially break some rules was certainly accurate. She might have been a good person at heart, but that didn't mean she was some innocent soul. The fact that she didn't seem all that concerned about the sights--and that ungodly smell--spoke a lot about what kind of things she had taken part in on her own free time.

Of course, she had no idea who she was speaking to. The bartender had merely woken someone up, it seemed. Someone who felt like throwing themselves off of the couch. That in and of itself wasn't the impressive part. The part that actually caught Blaire off guard was the fact that gravity seemingly just refused to take hold of him. Huh. Well, being able to fly certainly wasn't special here, it seemed. She didn't recognize his clothing either, even as he proceeded to get closer while still upside down. She wasn't the best student in terms of actual schooling. But with the way her eyes were moving just rapidly enough to be able to quickly examine him, it was obvious she wasn't a complete lost cause.

However, when this man muttered a name, Blaire raised an eyebrow. He was talking like someone was here, but she couldn't hear, smell, see, or even feel any new arrival to the building. Curious. That alone proved to be just enough of a distraction for Mura to catch a glimpse at something beneath Blaire's smock. His attempt to peer across her back did reward him with something. The faint black outline of..something. It almost looked like a wing? That was odd. Most young women didn't have wings. But Blaire hadn't caught his glance. Instead, she was focused on composing herself and answering his question.

"Well, that's definitely a question." She said as she plopped down onto one of the many stools, instinctively crossing one leg over the other as she brought a finger up to tap against her jawline. "Though I guess I can ask a question to answer your question: What do you wanna know? I've got a bunch of answers in mind to a bunch of potential questions. Though if the real question is as simple as explaining why I chose to join a guild? I'd be a liar if I claimed it was entirely so simple as just wanting to spread 'good vibes' and 'positivity." She admitted as she raised her arms above her head, fingers lacing together as they bent backwards, her knuckles and back popping simultaneously.

"I mean, sure. Helping people out isn't not something I'd do. But I mean, everyone's gotta grow up and take some responsibility sometime, yeah?" The amount of disdain for that statement was all too obvious in her voice. It was something that she'd been told god knows how many times. Enough times that it actually irritated her. She wasn't some child. She knew what she was about, and what she could and should be doing. And yet, here she was. Driven across the country out of spite for the very words that had driven her to do exactly what they were intended to do.

Word Count: 606
    Total Word Count: 1,180
    Tags: @Mura Kensho
    Mura Kensho
    Mura Kensho

The Ghost Slayer

The Ghost Slayer

Regular VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Neutral Guild Ace- Dark Guild Ace- S-Rank- A-Rank- Halloween Social - Haiku Contest Participant- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Hero- Summer Special Participant- Player 

Character Sheet

Post by Mura Kensho 7th May 2023, 11:37 am

… Hey, what was wrong with spreading ‘good vibes’ and ‘positivity’?!

Jokes aside, this did tell the shaman and Guildmaster that this lass, this visitor of theirs… she wasn’t dumb. She was aware of the big steps that she was taking, and thus a simple answer just simply wouldn’t do in this day and age… unless if she was a child, of course. This intrigued him, and so he too went back and took a seat at the other side of the table separating the two. Once again, he simply let the power of flight plop him down on that chair, resting his head on a hand and… noticing a shift in her expression.

She didn’t like whatever she said last. Taking responsibility, eh? Now, if he were a guessing man, he’d guess that she was… sort of running away from something that she had or had not done in the near past. And yet… something was off.

“Fairy Tail… is not exactly what you think,” Mura began to explain to the best of his abilities, even scratching his dome in deep thought, “It’s no big secret or anything, but the Magic Council hasn’t recognized us as a legal guild in years. We’re pretty much on our own. And that means… whatever you’ve heard us do, for the better of the people and for Fiore… was never out of an obligation.”

On his right hand, exposed by the shifting of his loose gi, manifested a golden flame that he caressed in the air. Its burning tongues gliding over his fingers, leaving no ashes behind – a smokeless fire born from his mana. “It makes sense, in the long run – we have a good track record of strengthening new members. Joining our guild is a gateway to power, in one way or another – that’s a fact,” he continued, “… But we help others because we want to. Because that’s always been what Fairy Tail wanted to… not because some higher authority’s holding us by our throats. I take it that… you’ve been peer pressured, maybe? Just a guess of mine.”

WC: 348
    PTWC: 815
    TTWC: 1995

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Themes:
    Blaire Fenella
    Blaire Fenella

Player 

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Blaire Fenella 21st May 2023, 10:58 am

If there was ever a bad time to be called out for something, now was definitely it. He wasn't entirely off the mark, truth be told. But it also hadn't been anything nearly so direct as people telling her she should join a guild that had driven her to trek almost all the way across the country. If that had been the case she'd have just stopped when she arrived in the town that Sabretooth owned.

Still, she wasn't entirely sure how she could explain things without it perpetuating the attitude that had driven her to Magnolia in the first place. She sat in silence for a moment, mulling things over after Mura accused her of being peer pressured. That energy she'd had before was gone. Instead she slumped back into her chair. After that moment of silence, she finally spoke up again.

"I mean..I can get why you'd think that." She said as she tilted her head back slightly to rest it against the back of the chair she was sitting in.

"After all, I live all the way out in Cedar. Coming here was a trip that was literally halfway across the country. What else would drive someone that far out? But..that's not really the whole story, either." She said, slowly pulling her legs up into her seat so she could sit cross legged, her gaze drifting upwards for a moment as she stared up at the ceiling. This was a conversation she wasn't really keen on having, truth be told. So if she was going to have to spill like this, it would be easier to not have to look right at him.

"Back home..nobody really takes me seriously. Most people seem to think I don't know what I'm doing, that I'm just some punk kid, and wave me off any time I try to offer to help. It drives me crazy." It seemed he'd hit the nail..mostly on the head with his accusation of peer pressure.

"So, I came all the way out here. I figure if I wanna shake that belief out of people, it might have been better to go to a guild that wasn't too close to home, that way I know I'm at least being given a fair shake." It was an..odd motivation, to be sure. But she didn't seem like the outright hostile sort. Nor did she actually seem to outright be a literal child. Just someone who got unfairly treated like one.

Word Count: 407
    Total Word Count: 1,587
    Tags: @Mura Kensho
    Mura Kensho
    Mura Kensho

The Ghost Slayer

The Ghost Slayer

Character Sheet

Post by Mura Kensho 8th June 2023, 11:11 am

… Uh, her reaction was blurry. He couldn’t tell if peer pressure was the case… but he wasn’t on point all the time. Rarely was, and that was fiiiiiiiiiiiiine. It was why he had his Aces, right?

Okay… her story was new. And refreshing, at that – nobody took her seriously? In the end, that did sound like the opposite of peer pressure – instead of pushing her to do great things, people just had no expectations of her. Which meant she didn’t feel important… he could work with that.

If she wanted to prove to anyone that she could be of help… or if she just wanted a fresh start somewhere else, away from judging eyes… this place was a good start. At least, Mura would make sure that it’d be. It echoed in his head as he rose back up from his chair. Cupping his chin and softly smiling, he nodded to his own inner monologue and hummed in tandem.

“Mhm, mhm… a new heroine’s story starts he-“ Mura spoke gently, suddenly pausing himself as his face turned pale with sizzling fury, “… K. Y. U. K. E. N. For the love of- just ‘cause she can’t see you doesn’t imply c-“

“W-Wait, wait, wait, I’m not looking at her rear! There’s a whole chair in the way, you blind do- I swear, it’s her back! Her back!” the ghost floating behind her beckoned, leaning over the back of the chair as a silver-bluish orb with a face. A remnant of a deceased rōnin from centuries ago, with eyes sharper than the average warrior of the past.

“Yeah, yeah, who cares… by the way- you wanna prove that you know what you’re doing, right? That you can help out whenever it’s needed, right? Does that mean that you don’t possess Magic? ‘Cause… it’s not required.” In the unknown about her fighting capabilities, Mura did state that Magic wasn’t the be-all end-all of power here… he should know.

WC: 327
    PTWC: 1142
    TTWC: 2729

Themes:

Current date/time is 29th April 2024, 9:21 am