Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Return of the Tailed Fox

Kumiko
    Kumiko

Player 
    Lineage : Lawmage's Word
    Position : None
    Guild : Fairy Tail
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 5,000

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Return of the Tailed Fox Empty Return of the Tailed Fox

Post by Kumiko 9th October 2021, 3:08 am

MY STORY IS JUST BEGINNING

253 WORDS
    @
    + BG MUSIC
    It was a quiet day at Fairy Tail, with the guild hall in it's usual lull that it likely had been known for. The silence was dominant through the air that only the youngest mage of the Fairy Tail could muster. Oh, whoops! That was spoiling the surprise! Suddenly, the door would open forth as a series of familiar fox-like tails would sway back and forth as the young silhouette would quickly spry forth. "Ahhh, it feels great to be home!~" Kumiko said cheerfully, having almost forgotten about not leaving prior notice that she had been absent for an extended period of time. The young mage would hurry over nonchalantly towards the guild counter and smile at the staff working there. To her, it was if she had never left for several months. Just another day on the job after all! "Oh, I'm back! Sorry about not telling you guys sooner. Did I miss anything special?" she asked before her stomach would growl loudly. "Like hopefully a buffet?"

It wasn't long before Kumiko had been surrounded by food prepared by the wonderful chefs of the guild, munching away ravenously as she remained fairly unaware of anybody watching her progress after shoving a burger bigger than her head into her mouth. Any kind of food had been better than what she could scrounge up going to Midian lands. Her elation at actual food could be seen by her twitching ears and her tails draped around the bench to prevent anybody from stepping on them.
    WANNA BE A PART OF IT?
    Mura Kensho
    Mura Kensho

The Ghost Slayer

The Ghost Slayer

Regular VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Neutral Guild Ace- Dark Guild Ace- S-Rank- A-Rank- Halloween Social - Haiku Contest Participant- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Hero- Summer Special Participant- Player 
    Lineage : Pluto's Oathbreaker
    Position : God of Mettle
    Partner : Mythica
    Faction : The Luminous Covenant
    Guild : Fairy Tail (GM)
    Cosmic Coins : 155
    Dungeon Tokens : 21
    Experience : 10,355

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Spirit Completion Magic
    Second Skill: Onmyōdō
    Third Skill: Second Origin

Return of the Tailed Fox Empty Re: Return of the Tailed Fox

Post by Mura Kensho 9th October 2021, 3:51 am

… Oh, at last, she was back.

Following the events of Elysium’s attack on Magnolia Town, Mura had sent Kumi back to Midi – he was under the assumption that she was going to meet her family again. Hopefully, she was able to find her Dad there, too… but given the strangeness of that guy’s whereabouts and signs, that was unlikely to have been the case. Safe to say, it had been quiet in the guild hall – old and new – without those warm, yellow tails swaying along a broom and a melodic but childish tone from her fanged mouth.

Seeing her return was a pleasure… but it kind of took a turn for the worse. Mura had already approached her, looking a little different from last time; other than a little extra height and musculature added, his left arm was completely mechanic. He was also wearing an orange scarf in response to the colder weather that sheltered them.

“…”
    “…”
    “…”

W-Why was Kumi munching on their quest papers? Uhm, K-Kumi-

“K-Kumi… helloooooo, Kumiiii! Earth calling Kumiiiii! Wakey, wakey! Are you still half-sleeping or something?” Mura tried to snap her back to reality by waving his hand in front of her amber eyes, “Helloooooo? Kumiiii, you shouldn’t eat those, they aren’t good for your health-“

“KUMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!” Kyuken’s bellowing roar filled the room, auric tears flailing down his cheeks, “NOOOOOOOOOOO!!! THOSE ARE OUR PAPERS, THEY GIVE YOU BELLY ACHES!!! WHAT’S HAPPENED TO YOU!?!? WE WERE SO WORRIED FOR OUR LITTLE FOXLING, WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHAAHAAAAAAAAA…!!!”

Mura decided to put a stop to her self-destruction by picking her up by her armpits, then swinging her around. “Are you awaaaaaaaaaaake!?”

WC: 273
    TWC: 526

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Themes:
    Kumiko
    Kumiko

Player 

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Kumiko 9th October 2021, 4:20 am

520 WORDS
    @
    + BG MUSIC
    Okay! So in reality, Kumiko hadn't been getting the most reliable sleep after venturing forth between Midian and back. The roads were a cruel mistress, and the added stress of road travel, uncomfortable resting places and a lack of her father's whereabouts was getting to her. So when she cheerfully entered and started snacking down on food, the first that wasn't a berry or dry packed food that tasted as good as it looked, it was actually the guild's newest documents for their quests to be posted. The sleep deprived Midian would grumbled to herself while continuing to scarf down the bundled up papers she could manage while suffering from being half asleep and starving. Even as Mura approached, Kumiko failed to notice his drastic changes. "Guh...."" she muttered to herself, her glazed over eyes failing to notice his hand waving in front of her. A sliver of drool came from the side of her mouth as the one body and two spirits would watch in a mixture of amazement and worry of their smaller guildmate having resorted to eating paper. Kyuken would take his turn to shriek his worries over her, before the guildmaster would physically lift her from her seat and shake her from her daze. The girl's head floundered about until it would lean backwards while she'd grumble more nonsense and let out a loooooong yawn before then glancing around.

"Wuh-Where am I?" she rubbed her eyes at the new environment before her. The interior looked much nicer than the guild hall she was used to, and Kumiko still was a bit clueless about basic information still. Her head moved every which way to gather as much visual information as she could before her eyes fell upon the familiar face of Mura Kensho. "Guildmaster!" she nearly cried, leaning forward to hug the leader in a tight, memorable embrace. She had come to miss his calm demeanor alongside the two most energetic spirits that followed him wherever he went. Of course she couldn't hug spirits, but maybe there was a spirit hugging spell somewhere around the library. "You too, Kyuken! Have you been keeping these two out of trouble, Zirconis? I missed everybody so much! I hope you guys haven't made too much of a mess for me to clean." After a brief nuzzle against his clothing, she'd lean back and take in his features. He had definitely grown a bit. She might have stayed partly the same. It was totally a growth spurt thing. But more pressing, his left arm was different. Her amber eyes full of care would worsen into horror.

"Y-Your arm..." she said, frowning to herself while crossing her arms. The tails behind her poofed in frustration while she'd huff to herself. "What happened here, guildmaster, sir? Where's your arm? Why's the guild hall different? Wait...how long was I gone for again?" All these questions and more raced through the young fox's head before she would cough up a shredded page of the quest paper she had just consumed. "And why does my mouth taste like ink? Also where do we keep food now?"
    WANNA BE A PART OF IT?
    [/quote][/b][/color]
    Mura Kensho
    Mura Kensho

The Ghost Slayer

The Ghost Slayer

Regular VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Neutral Guild Ace- Dark Guild Ace- S-Rank- A-Rank- Halloween Social - Haiku Contest Participant- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Hero- Summer Special Participant- Player 

Character Sheet

Post by Mura Kensho 29th October 2021, 9:55 am

Huh… she’d been so sleepy that she mistook papers for food? It must’ve been a troublesome journey, and it only made him more worried for her wellbeing. “Don’t tell me you got into so much trouble that you couldn’t sleep well… I should’ve tagged along,” he sighed in disappointment of himself and his lack of responsibility, “Anyway, the sun’s arisen long ago. Wakey!”

Once Kumiko snapped out of her daze, she looked just the same as always, and her warm hug was wholesomely recompensated by him. Kyuken burst into rivers of tears and smushed himself into the hug as well, while Zirconis dryly watched the scene and cracked his ghostly neck. “Glad to see you’re not injured or anything… but really, you ought to control your bedtime routines, Kumi. Otherwise, you walk around half-asleep all the time, just like I used to do.” It was meant to be a light-hearted joke, but Mura got flashbacks of walking into people half-asleep back when he was only a few years older than she was now. Sometimes, it was ‘bash’ and ‘slam’, and other times, it was more ‘boing’ and ‘booouush’, but alas – a lot of headbutting.

While Kyuken sniffed snot back up his nostril, Zirconis replied to her: “… D-Depends. Not much for you to clean up right now, but you did miss out on a lot…”

“Thank the heavens that you were gone at that time! T-The guild, it was… it was…”

“I’ll explain later. A lot happened, but case and point; it’s good to have you back in the guild hall again-“

Mura simply wanted to ease her nerves and make her feel home in the new hall before dropping the bomb about the guild having been attacked by Elysium in her absence, but she quickly noticed that his left arm was technically missing and exchanged with a prosthetic. Sighing softly, he decided to answer: “My arm… I cast a very, very special spell to help someone, but I had to cut off my arm to complete it. The result was worth it, though, so please… don’t worry about it. It’s just an arm, and it’s not even my dominant one, so I’ll manage with a prosthetic.” He really didn’t want to make her feel sad now, especially since he didn’t know if she had achieved the objective of her journey. Therefore, to really convince her that everything was alright, and everything was going to be alright, he softly patted her amber-orange fur dome of a head and smiled… with a little exhaustion shown as bags under his eyes.

“Also… y-you might want to wash your mouth. You ate some of my papers,” he quickly warned her before spawning wood out of his fingers, which began to form a wooden mug filled with pure water, “As you can see, the guild hall’s actually gotten a huge renovation. Feast your eyes on your new, bigger, warmer home…!”

After she would accept the water, he’d lead her through the way between the local Task Board with all the fancy requests and pleads from citizens of Fiore and the bar, until they reached the main lounge – a large, dark-brown room with couches, games, the fancy jukebox, Thea-chan’s juice machine and with the front wall being composed of windows revealing the grassy plains leading up to the pleasant Fairy Hills. Just the perfect place to hang out, celebrate or relax.

WC: 566
    TWC: 1612

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Themes:
    Kumiko
    Kumiko

Player 

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Kumiko 3rd November 2021, 9:24 am

785 WORDS
    @
    + BG MUSIC
    The hug had been something the small fox had needed for a while. Her foxlike ears would twitch while Mura would keep the embrace going for a bit long until they had fully caught up. Kumiko's many tails showcased the girls mood, as they swayed all around in differing directions while she'd smile up at the brown haired Guildmaster of Fairy Tail. At least before his comment on bedtime, to which the child would pout. "I tried to go to bed on time! Maybe. But being on the road doesn't make me sleepy. she complained, letting out a fierce yawn as the tails behind her would stretch out while she did. "But I saw a bunch of places and met a lot of cool people, Guildmaster, sir! I went on that mission you gave to me. The one about finding my Dad. I looked and looked but nobody seems to have seen or heard from him that I went to." Her optimism would fade for a moment, giving way to a much more somber and sullen child. It was a side of Kumiko that nobody tended to see based on how utterly happy and infectious her curiousity was at times. But after a moment or so, she'd get back to her normal self, that smiled fully back in session. "But one of the priests of Midian did say that before he was missing, he borrowed a book on souls. Stuff like what they're made out of and stuff. I dunno why he'd be interested in them though, but it must mean that he's still alive if that book is still missing. So I'll have to get stronger and find him!~"

But of course, that could wait. There were more improvements to be made to the guild, Kumi style! "I bet you guys made a big mess while I was gone! Don't worry, I'll get to cleaning and stuff right-" she began before Zirconis would deliver that news to her.

Nothing to clean for the moment? That didn't sound like the Fairy Tail she knew and loved! The child looked puzzled, almost like Zirconis had told her that the world was going to end and that paper she ate was the only key to their salvation. Kyuken's words would even cause the poor girl to wonder what had happened in her absence that had caused them to renovate the entire guild hall. It was like a totally new place now! But what took her attention off of it for a moment was Mira's recollection of how he came to lose his hand. The tale of bravery took Kumiko by storm, who looked at his appendage as her smaller hand would gently be placed on his larger forearm. "Wow, you must really care about them." she remarked, though still looked worried about the Guildmaster for pushing himself so hard. Her fears were put aside for the moment as his hand came down upon her head while they shared a moment together. Kumiko looked up at his tired eyes, wondering how she could help him feel better. Maybe there was a food he liked?

More time to think on that later. Kumiko looked surprised when he mentioned that she had been eating...papers? Her mouth did taste like pen ink despite what matter she had protested. Mura worked some of his cool magic and somehow would manage to make a cup with water appear in his hands. Kumiko accepted the drink and swished it around her mouth a little before spitting it out in a nearby trash can. Mura and his spirits would lead the way in a tour of sorts throughout the guild rooms. She was eager to see that every room seemed to have gotten a much needed facelift in terms of size and what toys there were in each one. The little fox's eyes bouncing along the way, she'd find herself thoroughly pleased with how the guild hall was looking now! All fancy and looking like it was the interior to some castle! She had to wonder how her room was going. The last time she was here, Kumiko took to the couches like Mura, though mostly because they were still cleaning out an empty room for her to use.

"This place looks amazing, Guildmaster, sir!" Kumiko said cheerfully, her tails wagging in a pleasant mood. But then she would ask the question Mura might have been dreading for a while now. "Did we need to rebuild for some reason? Was there something wrong with the old building?" An innocent sounding question for her, but for the other man, it was likely what was going on could have been something she might not be ready for.
    WANNA BE A PART OF IT?
    Mura Kensho
    Mura Kensho

The Ghost Slayer

The Ghost Slayer

Character Sheet

Post by Mura Kensho 14th November 2021, 1:51 pm

… It looked like she wasn’t able to find her father. Mura had, ultimately, sent her on a futile errand – shame on him. And yet, little Kumi – poor Kumi-chan, cute and adorable Kumikumi – had brought information that one of the priests that she met in Midi knew of her father’s last doings – something concerning a book on souls; what they were made of and the likes. Was her father into bending souls, too? Was he a shaman too? Or perhaps another Onmyōji? The ability to, at least, combat auric entities and the ghosts of the dead – interpretations often connected with souls – was a huge plus in Midi… but why her father decided to dwell in this art, exactly, was still beyond them both.

Still, Kumi hadn’t lost hope yet, and neither would Mura. If the book was still missing, then somewhere in this world, her father was likely becoming a shaman… and she would have to become strong too. Worst case scenario, he had left her for the sole purpose of training, and then she could become strong enough to slap him half-dead for acting so irresponsibly. That was… actually not so bad a scenario, for it would include their reunion. Hopefully, she would find him one day.

“You sure do, Kumi. If your father’s in danger, then he needs his powerful daughter to save his butt, doesn’t he?” Mura half-heartedly joked, not exactly wanting that scenario to ever take place for poor Kumi’s sake. She was still a sprout, growing ever steadily.

And… concerning his arm… it was less him caring about the citizens of Shirotsume – which didn’t mean that he would gladly leave them dead anyway – and more-so him correcting his own mistake which they got caught into… in a way, he wanted to help them, but it came biting him in the ass rather quickly thanks to the works of a psychopathic… something. A woman with angel wings and God Slayer Magic, but more than anything a woman who was too fucking crazy to be left doing whatever the hell she wanted. Someone like her, who razed an entire city’s human life to the ground over a ‘ruined’ vacation…

Hmpf. He corrected his own mistake by sacrificing his arm in return for the city to still stand today. In the end, he wasn’t able to conclude his struggle. He wasn’t able to kill the witch. And despite being back to life now, the citizens of Shirotsume had still… died, earlier. It was depressing, that whole ordeal.

But what was a little uplifting was Kumi’s reaction to the new guild hall’s design. Despite that, though, she was also curious about the reasoning behind the renovation, which… well, Mura couldn’t just hide it from her, could he? Damn it. “Well, it wasn’t all because of our old design… here, take a seat,” he asked her, leading over to one of the new, deep-red couches that would probably make Kumi fall asleep the moment she touched their pillows. Life felt more pleasant when relaxing on nice couches like these, y’know…

“… A-Are you really going to tell her everything?” Kyuken sobbed. He didn’t know how Kumi would react, but he wasn’t mentally ready to see her tear up. Mura reconsidered his decision, but he couldn’t treat Kumi like a secret kid or anything. Despite her shockingly young age, she was also a member of Fairy Tail – overtime, he hoped that his disclosure of the event would benefit her spirit.

“You do know that our guild, Fairy Tail… we don’t exactly get along with everybody,” Mura started by informing her of the illusion that some might’ve had with the guild prior to learning more about them, “We’ve fought a lot to become who we are today… and we do fight against mages who threaten us or our town, too. Problem is, there are Dark Guilds out there who threaten our safety too – the reason why we renovated is because… we got attacked by one of them.”

He continued to disclose the event to her. About Elysium, the most ironically-named guild, in his opinion, ever. How their Master, a half-dragon bastard named Janet, had mauled Magnolia Town with a group of summoned Dragons. How it almost led to the destruction of the entire town, and how Fairy Tail had made them sworn enemies. If Fairy Tail were their enemy, then they would also see Kumi as their enemy… if there ever was another reason for her to get stronger, then this was it.

“… Kumi, you’re a young girl. Even as a Kitsune, there’s so much that you haven’t experienced yet,” he spoke to her with slight sorrow in his voice, “But it’s a must for you to become stronger… I can’t stand imagining what could happen to you…”

… When it came to little Kumi, then Mura did see her as his daughter. Not just as a member of Fairy Tail, but as a fellow countryman from Midi. She was very close to him, and he didn’t want anything terrible to happen to her. The path of magic promised pain for power, and that was what Kumi would have to go through in order to obtain the power she needed to bring her father back. She would have to put effort and sacrifice… so please, God…

Let him be there, beside her to ease the pain she would have to go through.

WC: 901
    TWC: 3298

Themes:
    Kumiko
    Kumiko

Player 

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Kumiko 24th November 2021, 1:52 am

When asked to take a seat down on the new velvet couch. The young kitsune waddled over towards the seat nearest to Mura. She tucked her many tails into one large one and tucked it into the right side of her seat while hopping up onto the couch. Even by sitting down for only a moment, she could feel the difference in material and quality compared to the old couches. Had she been left to it, it would have been very short conversation with Kumiko, given that she would have been quickly asleep from the many restless nights of sleep that the girl had experienced while on the road, doing the mission. The guildmaster could even see the fatigue set in as she'd be working hard to keep her eyes open and focused on the man in front of her. "Wow, that is pretty comfy, Guildmaster..." she murmured, fluttering her eyes up and down while Kyuken would cry out and ask Mura if he was really doing to tell her. Kumiko's eyebrows furrowed in a mixture of worry and concern. "Wh-What happened, Guildmaster?" the small Midian resident would ask with her hands placed neatly in the seat of her lap.

Mura would detail the events of what had happened during her absence. He started with a brief overview of what Fairy Tail was and stood for, which Kumiko knew fairly well as she had been pretty onboard with how things typically went. An intendent guild that had been well established for what felt like several lifetimes now. But what horrors would be known to the poor girl would come in the form of the description of their attackers: Elysium. A dark guild lead by a mage known as Janet, who led the attack that had claimed a great deal of lives and damages around Magnolia Town and the guild itself. The child would let out an audible gasp as she'd listen to all of this. The fear in her eyes was as plain as Mura and Kyuken could likely make out. It was to be expected of sitting down a child and informing them of why everything had changed due to factors beyond their control. Her ears laid flat against her head as Kumiko would frown, worrying about the lives lost. The people whose entire livelihoods had been ruined all because of them. She had been putting up a valiant fight, but couldn't fight the tears anymore. They'd slide out as she'd sniffle and wipe them on the brim of her sleeves. Suddenly everything made a lot more sense. Her arms went out to have her fingers lightly graze Mura's arm again while her bottom lip quivered in guilt. With the information provided to her, the impact of his wound hit her deeper than it had in passing now. In a flood of emotions running through her head, she'd feel awful for letting such a thing happen to him. Kumiko continued to quietly sulk, her robes being stained with the salt filled, painful streaks of regret running down her young cheeks.

"This is all my fault..." she said, hiding her face in her hands. "I could have helped and then you would have an arm and everyone could have not gotten hurt. I wouldn't have left if I knew this was gunna happen." Her childish conclusion were anything but sensical but it was to be expected. The giant tail would coil itself around her, Kumi's arms wrapping around it in some attempt at calming herself. She let out a soft whine as her eyes glanced up at Mura as he'd wrap up what he would have sat her down for.

"F-Fine! I'll get stronger so this won't ever happen again!" she said with a confident gleam in her eyes, cringing to hold back the tears for just a single moment as she'd speak. "I'll be strong like you and then I'll make Elysium pay so they won't mess with us again." A feat easily uttered than actually doing, but Kumiko did want to make up for her lost time here. Rather than sitting by idly now, she wanted so desperately to be more of a help rather than being the lone maid of the guild. She didn't mind assisting the janitors and such with cleaning but it was far from what she had intended to join the guild for. "Please help me, guildmaster, sir. I wanna help and be a real member of Fairy Tail, but I can't do it without your help..."
    WANNA BE A PART OF IT?
    Mura Kensho
    Mura Kensho

The Ghost Slayer

The Ghost Slayer

Character Sheet

Post by Mura Kensho 10th December 2021, 4:00 pm

He… he didn’t like that look on her face. When she began sobbing by his story, he outright despised what he had brought out of her. She felt… loss. Someone at her age was breaking down, and… he knew exactly how it felt. That was why he couldn’t bear to watch her like this any longer. He kept saying to himself ‘she is just a child’ and yet look at what she had to associate with? Look at what she had to prepare herself for in the far future… and she even began blaming herself.

“Please… don’t blame yourself. You know it doesn’t hold water, and it won’t help to scold yourself like that,” was all he could say, as un-motivating as his words might’ve sounded due to the nature of his voice – a soft and empathetic ring to it that wasn’t ready to raise itself right now, “Besides… I didn’t lose my arm during the attack on Fairy Tail. The loss of my arm was… another matter, irrelevant from this one.” He hoped that she’d understand the meaning behind the lack of details and not ask more questions, making him dig into fresh, deep wounds of his encounter with Medeia.

That was… he didn’t know how he hadn’t noticed earlier, but Kumiko was lacking something deep inside of her. He could no longer sense the breath of the dragon from her mouth… and he was quickly backed up by the other dragon in the room, Zirconis. “… Before you go work your butt off to grow stronger, I’d like to note that you have more than one issue in our hands, little girl,” the dragon’s ghost commented out before floating up in front of Kumiko’s face to eye her deeply, “What happened to your Lacrima? Didn’t you possess Dragon Slayer Magic last time, huh? What happened to that? I can’t sense it inside of you anymore… how were you able to lose that?”

Mura’s face looked like it was drowning in shock – how was she able to lose her Lacrima? No, really, how was that possible? Wasn’t it supposed to have been assimilated deep inside her body at this point? What was Zirconis talking about – such a thing couldn’t happen! Mura was of the opinion that it was nigh impossible to just take someone’s Lacrima directly, especially if it had gotten enough time to assimilate and merge with the host’s body. Was Kumiko’s too fresh? And if so, who had the nerve to-

It actually riled him up. He came to the quick conclusion that something must’ve happened in Midi, where she had gone to in order to track down her father… some event, phenomenon or person had rid her of her Dragon Slayer Magic, that much was clear to him. And yet… Kumiko never even brought it up. This was so strange – had it happened without her knowing?!

“K-Kumi, what happened with your Dragon Slayer Magic? Y’know, the Light-type Magic that you used against me back when we trained? If Zirconis can’t sense it in you…” he asked worryingly, placing his hands on her face and hair as if trying to check for injuries. His demeanor, worry and body language really did make him look like a father in the eyes of others around them. “Just… just what happened to you in Midi?! Your Dragon Slayer Magic was valuable! You can’t afford losing such a powerful Magic!” His words did sound a little strong and harsh at this point, but man, it must’ve been shitty to be Kumi right now… who had robbed her of such a potentially powerful asset? More than an asset to Fairy Tail, it was a reassurance that Kumi would become powerful enough to take care of herself and achieve her goal.

Of course, Mura was mad. And he was more than ready to raze the earth of Midi to find her Lacrima again…

WC: 650
    Thread TWC: 4701

Themes:
    Kumiko
    Kumiko

Player 

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Kumiko 11th December 2021, 2:20 am

Kumiko continued to silently allow the bitter tears flow down her cheeks. Mura's words fell on her deaf and reluctant kitsune ears, the child pouting as he tried to soothe her to the best of his ability. "N-No! I could have stayed and helped..." she said, her tails drooping to the floor while her mood would continue to sour. After some consoling and a little bit more soothing Mura voice, Kumiko would begin to come around. She still wore a somewhat defeated and ashamed visage but was on the road to recovering from such an event. The group of tails behind her perked up a little bit and her ears were twitching again while she'd look up at Mura again. "Then I'll get stronger and pay Janet back for what she did. Nobody will ever attack our family and get away with it." A bit of a skip in logic, a childish mindset viewing that the only correct option was to go straight for direct retaliation against the group that had wronged them. She quietly hugged the leader of the guild in a gesture of needing some kind of comfort together. Upon contact, her tails swayed a bit for a moment up until she would let go a few seconds later. All seemed right in the world for Kumiko now. A clear and set goal, a will to go and set out for training in order to better herself and hopefully food in the future. The young kitsune girl exhaled while she would go about starting to jump off of her seat on the couch. That is, until Zirconis would comment about that little oddity about her until she returned. The mention of which forced Kumiko to wince in preparation for what was to come. Her tails and ears drooped back down while the dragon spirit would draw closer towards her face in investigation.

"Ah-I don't know what you're talking about." Kumiko lied, trying to avoid the gaze of the dragon while she'd look just as confused and shocked as the guildmaster himself. It was clear she obviously knew exactly what had happened and was refusing to talk about it, although her cracking and tear-filled voice was bordering on the verge of tears once more. "I'm just guh-gunna go get food. Yeah. Um, see ya-" she was stopped as Mura's hand fell on her head, forcing her to face him while he'd search all around for any types of injuries. As if on cue, he'd notice a few bruises and scratches along her arms, a nasty looking wound that was patched up on her stomach that showed signs of magical damage inflicted. Kumiko was back to tears again, now shaking as the child would start sulking again. "It's not my fault. I was searching for my dad and a man said I had something of his. I tried to fight him off, run, hide but..." she took a few moments to clear the tears out of her eyes and clear the melancholy and regret that blocked her throat. Once it had passed, she continued. "He said he knew where he was and attacked me. A guy in Midian clothing with a scar from his right eye to his cheek and a goatee. He followed me a bunch and I ran away but one time, before I left, he caught me." The fox child looked down at the floor again while her smaller hands fell on top of Mura's, squeezing a little as she could recall those final moments of her journey. Her heartbeat picked up slightly as she'd close her eyes. "He used some magic to force his hand inside my body and I passed out. When I woke up, I was back in town. Some merchants found me by the road. I couldn't feel the lacrima I ate and tried to cast spells, but nothing. I didn't mean to keep it from you. I just didn't want you to worry. You have other stuff to worry about instead of me..."

The child broke down again, covering her face with her hands while in front of her Mura. His frantic and worried scolding only further her crying fit, the foxling crying a bit harder now while apologizing again and again without end. "I'm sorry...Please don't kick me out. You're the only ones who can help me find Dad. I'm sorry, just don't be mad. I'll go to my room forever..."
    WANNA BE A PART OF IT?
    Mura Kensho
    Mura Kensho

The Ghost Slayer

The Ghost Slayer

Character Sheet

Post by Mura Kensho 27th December 2021, 12:06 pm

Someone had stolen her Lacrima. No, it didn’t fucking matter about whether they were the ‘original owner’ of it or anything like that. What they did to Kumiko’s stomach… what they did to hear… it was monolithically maddening. Mura’s hue, aura and air was denser than gold right now, and his eyes were hidden in the shadows of his frowning brows. Kumiko had been wronged, far away from his helping hand, and look at her now… h-his hands were shaking. He was slowly losing it.

But her words snapped him back, just a little. She still blamed herself, as many kids would do in her shoes. Hell, Mura knew that if he went through a similar event in his younger days, then he would despise his weakness like the plague. That was why…

“Don’t.”

His word was short but the message was clear. “Don’t ever say that. Don’t ever think I’ll kick you out because of this, you got that?” She was being too silly, and he had to plant some sense onto her skull one way or another, “I… we can only help you. We can’t bend fate or destiny. Finding your father is your mission, and we’ll aid you with our all, but as far as I see things right now, someone is preventing you from fulfilling that goal… and I refuse to let that go… Adam!” The bartender going by that name stiffened in a mild surprise at his call, then turned his face towards the Guildmaster with a small pearl of sweat running down his face. “Y-Yes, Master?”

“Inform Vandrad of my absence-“

“He’s still out on a quest from a few days ago, Master… may I suggest I inform Akemi instead?”

“Then do so… me and Kumiko are going to Midi for a bit.”

With that said, Mura grabbed Kumiko’s hand and hastily lead her out of the guild hall, while explaining his next move: “A Midijin with a scar on the right side of his face and a goatee, eh? If you help me out by identifying him, then I’ll face him, make him pay, and then you’ll have your precious Lacrima back. That’s a promise…!”

Suddenly letting go of Kumiko’s hand, he clapped both hands together and caused clouds to gather above them. The clouds got heavier with darker tones of grey forming, and all of a sudden, roars could be heard. “Azure-chan, give me and Kumiko a ride! We’re going back to Midi for a manhunt…!” he exclaimed, looking straight up in the air as the figure came to view – a long, serpentine dragon with whiskers, jewels and azure-blue scales flew down from the clouds as soft droplets of rain poured down on them. As Azure-chan was flying down, Mura looked back at Kumi, feeling that she was possibly a bit too far behind in his actions and reasoning – she thought that he was going to ground her earlier, the poor girl.

“Kumi… you’re a very obedient kid. Try and understand why my head is boiling when I hear that an adorable girl like you got her belly ripped open by a stranger…”

WC: 522
    Thread TWC: 5963

Themes:
    Kumiko
    Kumiko

Player 

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Kumiko 10th January 2022, 4:08 am

"I'm sorry... " Kumiko continued to grovel at Mura's feet. Her ears hung low while the once bushy and bright tail would hang so low on the floor now. The child sulked further while shaking in fear as Mura's expression would grow angrier and angrier. The air grew more dense with magical energy while Kumiko looked up
    at him with fearful eyes. She had never seen Mura like this before. Normally he was so caring and calm, but seeing him like this...It made her afraid that he was angry at her for what had happened. The young kitsune would close her eyes and wait for whatever punishment would come her way. "PI-Please don't..." she begged the guildmaster.

Kumiko waited...and opened an eye once she could see that Mura was slowly coming back
    down from his rage. Kumi looked up as he spoke. Tears streaked down her cheek as the
    Midian's lower lip quivered. "M-Mura..." she uttered, sniffling to herself. The brim of her sleeve was wet once more, tears having been wiped from her cheek. Mura told her about what Fairy Tail was like. Kumiko smiled, a little and pushed herself back up onto her two feet. She was quiet for a moment but wrapped her arms around Mura again, squeezing tight for her own comfort. The little fox wanted so desperately to apologize again and
    again, but Mura was right. Fairy Tail was family, and she could rely on them for support. It was hard to ask for help, but Mura would aid her in getting her magic back. "Thank you, Mura." His shout caused her to jump, as the bartender would turn to him that had caught the girl by surprise. Was he just always there and Kumi never noticed it? The kitsune pondered such an anomaly while the quildmaster would ask him to notify Vandrad of his absence. The name did have Kumiko feel a little airheaded about. He was probably somebody important but she was blanking now. For being a proud member of Fairy Tail, the child had very sparsely met people inside of the guild. But alas, he would, instead, go to bark orders about informing Akemi and then taking her hand in his. The kitsune's hand was smaller and more soft. It was strange how
    Mura's hand was. Rough, somebody who had seen their fair share of dangers and journeys in the world.

But she bobbed along. A part of her would have been excited to return to her
    homeland but under the current pretenses, it was a little less than eager for her to return
    home. Mura gave her the rundown on their visit. Just looking for the man who had stolen her lacrima and then (likely) coming back. She gave a nod, though still clearly affected by the talk had back before. "Right. I hope he didn't get too far..." Mura let go and brought his hands together, quickly casting some kind of spell. The clouds overhead would begin to grow more dense. The darkened in color as roars could be heard coming from them. A few more seconds later, an eastern dragon descended from the sky before them. Her
    eyes were wide with amazement while pointing at the beast for Mura. "That's so cool! Azure-chan looks so beautiful~"

Mura turned to her and spoke about what was happening, and Kumi perked up a bit.
    "I know, but... lost a piece of history. Magic that people wanted but I took
    for granted. I'm the worst mage ever..."
    Kumiko said, her tails drooped down while she would shoot Mura a sorrowful glance. The child truly was sorry for what had happened and would still blame herself for some period of time.

However, even the guildmaster could see that spark of inspiration inside of her. That part of Kumiko that desired to become the hreat mage that he believed that she could be! "But I want to be better. I wanna be super powerful and strong like you one day." Kumiko smiled a little and would puff her chest out proudly. "I wanna become a Wizard Saint! I'll defend Fairy Tail and Midi and be super famous! Dad will have to hear about me and then I'll be able to find him if I haven't already." Kumiko looked proudly at her plan, as if giving her schedule for the day to the man.

"Does your family live in Lower Midi too, Mura?"
    WANNA BE A PART OF IT?
    [/quote]
    Mura Kensho
    Mura Kensho

The Ghost Slayer

The Ghost Slayer

Character Sheet

Post by Mura Kensho 19th January 2022, 3:36 am

It was no doubt that Kumiko would once become a mage on par with himself, and given her heritage, she would likely reach even higher powers if she were to play her dedication cards right. And once you possessed Dragon Slayer Magic, you were often… just destined for greatness. Look at all the other Dragon Slayers in the world and guess for yourself…

Speaking of Dragons, Kumi sounded like she took a liking to Azure-chan. The large, serpentine Dragon paid no mind to them both and simply carried Mura’s command and awaited them mounting its neck. Yet, despite Mura’s previous words, Kumiko sounded yet self-loathing for a mistake that was beyond her control. That angered him, too. “Kumi, I won’t have any of that from you. That kind of talking worsens your sense of yourself, and it’s sooooooooo unhealthy! If you ever mock yourself like that again, you be damn sure I’ll spank you until you cry rivers! Got it?!”

Yeah, right, he was livid, but the fatherly anger was- ohohohohoh, it was nothing, NOTHING compared to the deep hell pit of pure rage and spite that was boiling in him for whoever sent Kumiko home with a scar on her belly. Hell, he never got this angry when shit happened to himself – this anger was rivaling his struggle against the witch and her unreasonable knight maid back in Shirotsume.

Picking up Kumi under his arm, Mura mounted Azure-chan in one leap and put the young Kitsune down next to him, so she had someone to hang on to. She was finally prepping herself up in the good way, deciding that she wanted to become one of the strongest wizards in all of Ishgar and enter the ranks of the Wizard Saints. It would take time, but it was definitely possible… there were even a handful of mages among the guilds in Fiore who qualified for that position right now.

Mura grabbed some auric reins and was about to take off. “Mhm, they do. You must be aware of the difference in mage population between Upper and Lower Midi… but the less mages, the less competition from arcane monsters and the like. Seems like the safest place to be, if we go by that…” Obviously, there were many other factors that came into play; Lower Midi was, by all means, treated as a sort of ‘Wild West’ of Midi despite several esteemed families living there. It was definitely a prejudice, some kind of discriminating image, developed by pro-mages or something… urggghhh…

While Upper Midi had more mages, and thus more magical dangers, they also build bigger buildings, had stronger defenses, and overall… actually, y’know what; it had been a while since he visited Midi last time. Things might’ve changed.

“Azure! We’re ready to take off,” he commanded the dragon, and with those words, off they be gone. Into the skies above, where they headed south-east towards the far lands in the southern regions of Ishgar.

WC: 495
    TWC: 7196

[OOC: Figured we can end this thread here and make a new one in Midi :D]

Themes:

Current date/time is 29th April 2024, 2:29 am