Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Hunting Vampires Step Two: Make Better Weapons

Samira Nassar
    Samira Nassar

Celestial Avatar

Celestial Avatar

Main Account- Mythical VIP Status- God VIP Status- Dragon VIP Status- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Mythical- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Demon Slayer- Zodiac Key- Legal Guild Ace- Z-Rank- Y-Rank- X-Rank- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- EXP Grinder- Jewel Grinder- Job Creator- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Teaming Up!- Limited Edition- Hired Help- Idolize- Unknown Powerhouse- Unknown Legend- The Completionist- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Over Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Obligatory Beach Episode- Sticking Around- Loyal to the Bone- Solo Artist- Taskmaster- Collector- Halloween Social- Halloween job event participant - Haiku Contest Participant- Lineage Making Contest Participant- Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Tertiary Magic- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 2nd Place Event/Contest Winner- Christmas Event Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Advertisement Achievement Badge- Motor City Rush- Hero- Summer Special Tier 5- Summer Special Tier 4- Summer Special Tier 3- Summer Special Tier 2- Summer Special Tier 1- Summer Special Donor- Summer Special Participant- Player 
    Lineage : Summoner of Divinities
    Position : Goddess of Humility
    Faction : Luminous Covenant
    Guild : Lamia Scale (Ace)
    Cosmic Coins : 485
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 10,188,889

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Celestial Avatar Summoning
    Second Skill: Celestial Avatar
    Third Skill: Avatar Aspect

Hunting Vampires Step Two: Make Better Weapons Empty Hunting Vampires Step Two: Make Better Weapons

Post by Samira Nassar 16th June 2020, 9:41 am

Job Info:

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Samira Nassar
    Samira Nassar

Celestial Avatar

Celestial Avatar

Main Account- Mythical VIP Status- God VIP Status- Dragon VIP Status- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Mythical- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Demon Slayer- Zodiac Key- Legal Guild Ace- Z-Rank- Y-Rank- X-Rank- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- EXP Grinder- Jewel Grinder- Job Creator- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Teaming Up!- Limited Edition- Hired Help- Idolize- Unknown Powerhouse- Unknown Legend- The Completionist- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Over Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Obligatory Beach Episode- Sticking Around- Loyal to the Bone- Solo Artist- Taskmaster- Collector- Halloween Social- Halloween job event participant - Haiku Contest Participant- Lineage Making Contest Participant- Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Tertiary Magic- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 2nd Place Event/Contest Winner- Christmas Event Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Advertisement Achievement Badge- Motor City Rush- Hero- Summer Special Tier 5- Summer Special Tier 4- Summer Special Tier 3- Summer Special Tier 2- Summer Special Tier 1- Summer Special Donor- Summer Special Participant- Player 

Character Sheet

Hunting Vampires Step Two: Make Better Weapons Empty Re: Hunting Vampires Step Two: Make Better Weapons

Post by Samira Nassar 16th June 2020, 6:11 pm

Monster dice placeholder

_____________________________________________________________________________________

NPC
    NPC

Mentor : Admin

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Hunting Vampires Step Two: Make Better Weapons Empty Re: Hunting Vampires Step Two: Make Better Weapons

Post by NPC 16th June 2020, 6:11 pm

The member 'Samira Nassar' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

'Monster Dice' :
    Hunting Vampires Step Two: Make Better Weapons NXDHjfc Hunting Vampires Step Two: Make Better Weapons OdAaNwh Hunting Vampires Step Two: Make Better Weapons OdAaNwh Hunting Vampires Step Two: Make Better Weapons OdAaNwh Hunting Vampires Step Two: Make Better Weapons R2fEWNz
    Samira Nassar
    Samira Nassar

Celestial Avatar

Celestial Avatar

Character Sheet

Post by Samira Nassar 16th June 2020, 6:13 pm

"So, this idea as a solution was a waste of time then," Samira stated in clear disappointment, though there was a slight hint in her expression and tone that indicated there was disbelief in what she had been told. She had come straight from Beanstalk Village to Era, the gigantic city that surrounded the domed mountain at its center. There, lived a friend named Easton. Though this time she was not paying him a visit for anything relating to her grandfather, research, or some relic that had been mentioned in several decade old notes. Her matter was of a different sort. The connection he had with a secret order of supernatural hunters called The Order of the Ebon Cross. The bland and stereotypical name aside, they did know what they were doing when it came to that subject. She had already worked with them once before by finding a book they needed that was essential in defeating a breed of vampire that was immune to their normal methods. It was time for them to help her out with something in return. There was just one tiny problem. Samira didn't know how to get in contact with them. The only link she knew of was Easton, who they had contacted previously when they required her aid back then.

"I'm sorry, Samira." Easton replied, understanding her predicament but had nothing to give but disappointment and a dead lead. He leaned back in his office chair. "As I already mentioned, I have no way of contacting them. I used to, but there was an... incident a few years ago." The old man smiled and laughed sheepishly as he recalled the memory. He had been a trusted friend of the order for most of his life. His parents as well. For generations before that. It was only because his line embraced magic that they were not an official part of the order themselves. But, due to some ancient bond made in the forgotten times of history, Easton's family and the order remained trusted allies and friends. Really he didn't consider what had happened to be so extreme. He thought it was funny. A shame some members of the order did not share the same humorous view. Thus, they severed the privilege of being able to contact them whenever he saw fit, or to ask for their aid in anything. He assumed it to be temporary. Maybe a few more years would do as punishment. Unfortunately, Samira was a few years too early if she expected him to be of help there.

"That is unfortunate. This was rather important." Samira sighed. Now she needed to come up with another way to get the information she needed. Maybe Tobias Reed, a scholar that resided in Oak Town, would be able to help. He had a smart mind and knew a lot. There was a reason he was not her first choice though. He was annoying enough to even test her patience. "I do not suppose you know anything about the language used here?" Samira inquired as she lifted the old book in her lap to the top of the desk and slid it over towards Easton.

"Hmmmm?" The old man scratched his chin as he stared at the book, inquisitively at first, and then his interest peaked. "Oh, this is nice!" Easton examined the cover from the front to the back. Just the cover. "This appears to be centuries old but it is in such good condition! They don't even make them this way anymore! Look at the way the title is written! So delicately! A master of penmanship owned this book!" Easton adjusted the glasses in front of his eyes as he stared at the title. "Lets see, I believe this says-"

"Unyielding Death," Samira interrupted, already know that much.

Easton blinked. He stared at her and then back at the book. "Really? Are you sure?" Samira nodded. "Well what do you need me for? You can already translate it!"

"Forgive me, but my interest lies in what is written inside the book. Can you please direct your focus away from the cover?"

"Well considering I almost told you that this was a cookbook it might be better if I did not even bother with the pages." He slid the book across the desk and back to Samira. "I have never seen that certain text before. It has some similarities to other ancient text, and that was what I was going off of by looks alone, but I was far off. Why can't you translate this? You had knowledge of the title."

"I did not translate the title. Someone else did, and they already informed me their skills were too lacking in that area to decode entire pages of it."

"Oh, really? Why don't you bring me up to speed on this. Maybe I can think of someone else that would be helpful here."

The summoner nodded. "Very well. It could not hurt, I suppose." She trusted Easton enough to give him the details. It wasn't as if everything was super secret, and she needed all the help she could get.

Throughout the early afternoon, Samira explained everything. The mysterious weeds that started to spread around Beanstalk Village and the nearby forest. How much worse it got as time spread. Maisy Glover the herbalist. Allen Lander the mage scientist. The infected animals. The various types of the corruption and its ability to siphon magic energy and the life around it. The stalker. The indestructible pillar at the center of the forest. The robed figure that attacked her. The items left behind, one of them being that very text that she was trying to translate. Easton listened intently to all of it and only made small comments throughout the entire story.

(Word Count: 965)

Samira Nassar
    Samira Nassar

Celestial Avatar

Celestial Avatar

Character Sheet

Post by Samira Nassar 16th June 2020, 6:23 pm

"That is quite the tale. Let me see that coin and the paper with that mark you spoke of."

Willing to oblige, Samira summoned the two requested items from her celestial vault and handed them over to the curious man. He studied them, murmuring incoherent thoughts aloud but was otherwise silent the entire time. "Yes, this does seem like something the order would be aware of. This is right down their alley."

Samira became curious, and more hopeful. Her eyes widened slightly. "Do you know of them?"

"Not enough to give you details that I would consider accurate. I vaguely remember this marking. This coin too is familiar. Maybe not exactly as I remember but it is possible they are groups of a similar nature." Easton paused and ran the fingers of his hand across the grey mustache on his face in thought. "Hmmmm, give me but a moment. I might have a text here with a picture. I don't remember there being much information with it, but maybe it would be of some use in a way."

Pushing himself from his chair, Easton left the desk and went towards one of the many bookshelves in the large office room. With how he instantly knew where to look and which shelf to scan, Samira assumed he must have had every text in the room memorized and the order at which they were placed. She leaned to the side and over her seat, watching him as he pulled out a book of black coloring and golden trim and flipping through its page. "Ah! Here we go! I knew I recalled seeing something similar in my father's notes! Come here and have a look, Samira." He waved for her to come on over, his eyes still glancing at the open book he held.

As Samira got out of her chair and walked over, he moved the book closer to her so they could both look at the page. He pointed to the large drawn image that was hard to miss. On the other page was a passage that described the story of how Easton's father came across it and what he knew of it. "See? According to this the mark belonged to a small group of cultists that worshiped beings of death. They have since become extinct. Apparently having been wiped out by something terrible. There was a theory that they had crossed paths with a more powerful group and had angered them. There were rumors of it, but it never checked out. The investigation into the matter went dry, though at the time I have a mind to think they didn't really care to find out what really happened to them. They weren't the most innocent of people as you can imagine. The problems they caused just went away after their demise. That was all anyone cared about."

"I cannot blame them for that if they were the horrible sort. Though, I wish there had been a proper investigation to the incident and their group. It would have been helpful now. Still, that marking is very similar to the one that was left. Perhaps I am dealing with another offshoot group of cultists like back then."

"Or maybe the real deal this time. What you described to me is far more terrible and advanced than anything the previous copycat group had done."

"Do you think so? I have my doubts considering the two that I had run in thus far." The clumsy stalker was anything but an advanced and experienced cultist of many talents. For a powerful group she had expected more from even the weakest of their members. The robed figure was more challenging and capable, but that was only because of the pillar of corruption protecting him and absorbing her magic abilities. "Though, this does explain one thing."

"Hm?"

"You mentioned this smaller group worshiped beings of death. The robed man I met in the forest spoke of the dead. His entire magic arsenal was based on it. They are related after all."

"Ah, so we do have a connection here that is legitimate! I am not so useless in this then! Now your time has not been completely wasted." Easton grinned and let out a chuckle. His optimism that they were getting somewhere without aid from the order had increased. That one clue would surely solve the entire case!

Samira was a bit more mindful to the situation and where they stood. The connection was helpful and she greatly appreciated now having that sort of knowledge, but it wasn't exactly the huge step forward that she was hoping for. Her expression had reverted back to the same disappointed frown she put on when Easton first told her he had no way of contacting the Order of the Ebon Cross. "You say that as if this helps in the problem I wanted to solve. The corruption still exists in the forest by Beanstalk Village, and that pillar still remains. I cannot force it to be dormant forever. I was hoping the answers to either reverse it or the secret to destroying the pillar would be in that book."

Easton sighed. Now his cheery attitude was dissipating. "You're right. Have you already tried asking Tobias? He knows many ancient languages. I can only recall one time getting stuck on translation and that was only because your grandfather wrote it in a blasphemous code."

Samira cringed inwardly at the suggestion. "I was hoping that I would not have to. He annoys me, and he knows he does so he makes being in his presence that much more insufferable on purpose."

Easton nodded, understanding that viewpoint. He had it himself on occasion when visiting the scholar. "Well, seeing as I can't help you in this any further, I suggest you put on the most polite, respectful, and tolerant face you can manage and visit him in Oak Town anyway. He might not have seen this language before, but you won't know until you ask. A pity he doesn't use one of those iLac devices. It would have only taken a simple picture and a text message to get an answer on if he knew of the language or not." The old man chuckled, imagining Tobias Reed becoming one of the plagues of the lacrimanet community. "Hm?" The conversation came to a stop when there was a knock on the door. Both Samira and Easton turned their gazes in the direction. "Come in," shouted Easton, just loud enough for the person on the other side to hear it.

(Word Count: 1095
    Total So Far: 2060)

Samira Nassar
    Samira Nassar

Celestial Avatar

Celestial Avatar

Character Sheet

Post by Samira Nassar 16th June 2020, 6:30 pm

The door opened and standing on the other side was Nancy Bellows, Easton's head maid back at his home estate. There were times when she went to his office to attend to things there because heaven forbid anyone else working in that building knew anything about making proper tea and cleaning. She couldn't very well let the poor man have days worth of poor tasteless leaf juice while sitting in a dusty office! That day she had not intended to go there. She had her duties to attend to at the estate. Easton knew this, and his brows raised in curiosity on why she was there. For a moment anyway. He replaced that with a huge smiling grin as he feigned ignorance. "Nancy! How kind of you to visit! Did you have the foresight to know that Samira would be here and just could not resist coming to say hello?"

Nancy scoffed at hearing that. She barely even gave Samira a glance. The only reason she even knew the esteemed mage was in the room was because she was standing right there by Easton. "Heavens no! I've had enough of magic twirling mages in my presence. If I were to come see one it would be to smack them with a celery stick from the garden. Always putting foolish ideas in my niece's head they are. It's a wonder she can get any work done while daydreaming of being one of those mages herself. Pshaw!"

"Such honesty!" Easton smiled, not seeming to mind Nancy's bluntness. He enjoyed her personality taking over the room and listening to her opinions. "So, if it isn't to visit the granddaughter of my good friend why brings you here? Have you made me a new tea to try?"

Nancy further entered the room without invitation and trotted right up to the desk. She started moving things around and wiping off invisible dust with her hands, shooing it off the desk. Eventually she opened a drawer and pulled out a clean dry rag that she had put there days before and began using it to wipe the desk off again. "You're lucky I have cared for you a good chunk of your life or I'd let you drink that abysmal dirty water served here that they try to call tea. Should be a crime if you ask me. It's no better than poison!"

"Yes, yes, I know. So why are you here?"

Samira remained silent through the interaction. She had already been aware of Nancy's personality and views from the last time they were in the same room together for a lengthy period of time. There was the thought that, in her opinion, Easton really should not have humored her with his guesses as to why she had come to his workplace. It was obvious to her that the maid would not have come all that way just to serve him a new tea. She would just wait for the next day during her tidy up routine. As for visiting Samira, well, the summoner had a feeling that Nancy was implying that she was the one that had put thoughts into her niece's head. It was true in a way. Though, those thoughts were already there before she met the curious Charlotte. All she did was answer some questions. Not that Nancy would have seen it that way. She had more than a few grudges against mages and their supposedly privileged life.

"A crow came by this morning."

"A crow?"

Nancy walked over towards Easton and grabbed the book from his hands. She wiped it off with the dusting towel and walked over towards the empty slot she spotted on the bookshelf. "Honestly you make such a mess in this room it's hard to believe how you would live without my charitable services. But yes, a crow! One of those that come from that order of hunters your family has always insisted on being associated with. Such a disgusting creature. Kept tapping on the window until I went after it with a broom."

Easton smiled awkwardly, his hands still in the same position as they were when holding the book, but now they held nothing. His eyebrow twitched but he forced his pleasant and kind expression to remain. How holding and making use of a book was considered making a mess was beyond even him. It wasn't as if he had just left it lying around. He was still using it! And charitable services was a bit of an interesting description for someone that was getting paid and had a free room and board in the estate. That Nancy. Entertaining and yet, often times, too much. It was more fun to see others face the woman's scorn than himself. Easton cleared his throat. With the mention of the crow and the hunters he had to get back on track. Their crows had a very unique mark on their beak and feathers. There was no way Nancy could have mistaken a normal crow for one of theirs. Although, chasing after one with a broom was bound to be labeled as disrespectful by the order. "Ahem, right. Did this crow have anything?"

(Word Count: 864
    Total So Far: 2924)

Samira Nassar
    Samira Nassar

Celestial Avatar

Celestial Avatar

Character Sheet

Post by Samira Nassar 16th June 2020, 6:42 pm

Nancy huffed and put her hands on her hips. "That is why I came here. Did you think I walked through this entire city from the train station on my aching feet just to tell you that story? I have a mind to hit you with a celery stick as well!" She reached into the pocket of her apron and pulled out a small envelope. "It had this letter. I assume it's some important hunting business. As long as it's not a party get together I don't really care. I have no intentions of serving their kind. They'd eat all the food in storage, and the mess they would make is enough to give me nightmares for the rest of my life! I'll be sure to put in for some vacation time if that's what it is." She walked back on over and handed the envelope over.

Easton laughed as he took it. "I assure you, Nancy, that is not even close to being a reality. They hate parties! Believe me, I have tried to convince them of one. I had to stop when they started throwing weapons at me every time I brought it up."

"Well whatever it is, keep me out of it. I already had a crow to deal with. Don't need anymore nonsense this day. Hmph! At this stage in my life I'm supposed to be at peace. What hogwash. I haven't had a single moment of this myth!"

"Yes, I know. Thank you, Nancy."

The maid nodded and said her goodbyes, if that is what it could be called when coming from the old woman, as she walked out and closed the door behind her, leaving Easton and Samira alone in the room once again. Though this time Samira was no longer disappointed. If that was from the hunters and order she thought it was, then that meant there was hope yet for her own mission. Maybe. "Forgive my curiosity and being nosy by asking, but is that from the Order of the Ebon Cross? Is there going to be a meeting with them?" If there was, then she was definitely tagging along so she could pass on the book to them and finally get that thing translated. This was an opportunity that couldn't be passed up or missed. She didn't care how rude she may come off as. The matter was too important for the usual niceties.

"Hmmmm," Easton hummed as he nodded. "In theory, the crows belong to some of their members. They're usually the only ones that send me messages by way of crow so I can only conclude that this is from someone from the Ebon Cross order." He pointed to the seal that was stamped and in the shape of their symbol. "Ah, see here? This is most certainly from them. As for a meeting, well, lets see what this letter says, shall we? Maybe they just wanted to ask me how I am! Ah, such good thoughtful friends they are. That must be it."

Samira stared at Easton, unamused by his joking behavior at that moment. He could see and sense that his words were getting old. "Right, time to move on to the real matters." He removed the stamped seal and opened the envelope.  He took out a slip of paper and began to silently read for a few moments.

Samira waited patiently. Until it seemed to take much longer than it should have. Easton's expression also became more serious the more he read. "Well? What does it say?"

"You're in luck. This is an official letter from the order and a meeting with them is possible. You may get to present that book and ask for their assistance in translating it or to see if they have any other information about what's going on in Beanstalk Village. However..." he trailed off. He stared hard at the words on the paper some more before he folded it back up and put it back into the envelope. He walked over towards the fireplace that had no flames within it a moment prior, but as if it knew his intention to make use of it the hole in the wall came to life. Flames burst into existence and burned strongly. Easton tossed the envelope into the fire and watched as it burned, slowly at first, and then accelerating as the flames ate away at it until it was nothing.

"Why did you burn it?"

"To make sure no one else read it, of course! Why would I want anyone reading my fan mail?"

"Easton..." Samira was once again not amused.

"Yes, yes." He nodded and cut her off before she became as fussy as Nancy. "As I was saying, a meeting is possible. That's what they want actually. With you."

Samira blinked, surprised at that reveal. "Truly?"

"Apparently they were impressed with how you helped them before. They are asking for your assistance in something else. If you understood anything about them from before to ask someone for help is very rare. To ask a mage for it especially so. To do so twice is unheard of. I wouldn't expect this to be just an occasion of simply sitting in a room to get your opinion on something. I wouldn't even suspect it to be as easy of a task as the last time either. No. This has to be something far more serious and troublesome that they need someone with magical talents specifically."

"Perhaps it has something to do with that vampire breed they had trouble with before. Did they find what they were looking for in that book?"

Easton shrugged his shoulders. "I have not been updated on that. They contact me if they need my help, not to give me updates. Although this may prove to be both. I have already done my part. I have contacted you. We'll just pretend you weren't standing there the entire time and I had to put in effort to locate you. When you come back, you can tell me the story. It'll be fascinating to hear. I can already tell."

"Wait, you are not coming with me?"

"They specifically asked for you. I would just get in the way even if they did allow uninvited tagalongs. Besides, could you imagine Nancy's reaction if I told her I was going where you are? She'd die on the spot!"

"Where exactly am I going to meet them? Their headquarters?"

Easton laughed, harder than he had the entire time she was there. Samira felt foolish for even asking that question with how he reacted. "Now that would truly be a miracle that I thought would have been impossible before. No one outside the order has ever seen their real headquarters. You'll be meeting them at River Village. I imagine they have a post and hideout there. It's by the Silent Cemetery, where they do many of their hunts, and is also the true location of your task. The details in the letter end there. I am sure someone will brief you when you arrive."

"Hopefully it will be Amelia. The other one would be difficult to work with."

"Mr. Darkmore? Yes, he can be a bit of a handful. Like Nancy he doesn't care for mages all that much, but don't be too hard on him. The man has his reasons, I'm sure. But, if not either of them then that just means you have earned the honor of meeting one of the other leaders of the order. How exciting for you!"

"Truly, but do not over exaggerate just yet." She had already helped them out once. If they refused to help with what she needed then she had the power to refuse to help them as well. If it went that route, then things would become tense and conflict would arise very quickly. "I will go meet with them then."

"I can only estimate that they already predicted you would come. They didn't leave a crow for me to send them a reply to their message. Just in case, be on your guard."

"Of course." Samira thanked Easton for his help and time. She retrieved the book that was still lying on his desk, as well as the other items she had given him to look at, and left the room, and after that, the building entirely. Now she just needed to make the journey from Era to River Village, where she hoped her mission to cure Beanstalk Village of its corruption could progress forward.

(Word Count: 1423
    Total So Far: 4347)

Samira Nassar
    Samira Nassar

Celestial Avatar

Celestial Avatar

Character Sheet

Post by Samira Nassar 16th June 2020, 6:52 pm

Samira made it to River Village not too long after. It wasn't instant, but it didn't take several days either. Janus had not answered her call to use his portals for the quicker travel. Rather than summon Kukulkan as an alternative for flight travel, or call on Anhur for the same, Samira decided to go about it the old fashioned way. Using the two spirits would have caused more problems with their grumpy nature and dislike of being used as vehicles. Normal trains? She could live with that. Considering Samira was right there in the room Easton didn't have to go searching for her and therefore her arrival would probably be quicker than the order expected even with the train travel.

In some hours the train stopped near the small village of fishermen. Samira got off the train and looked around, pleased to see that the village had been cleaned up even more since the last time she was there. Fighting an invading army of giant frogs wasn't exactly clean work, and the villagers had also wanted that frog meat to cook and consume. The Goddess was pretty sure that they were still eating off of all that meat still to that very day. It was all probably kept frozen in some storage. Not that she was going to inquire about it. She didn't really want to be offered any. Still, familiar scenery aside, she wondered how she was supposed to find the outpost of the order. Or maybe they were supposed to find her eventually.

Samira wandered the town, seeing and talking to several familiar faces. Asking about the order was a wasted effort as no one knew what she was talking about. Until there was one mention. The strange woman that was more concerned about her contest petunias instead of the dangerous frogs during her first visit had a clue to give. She knew of hunters. She knew how useless they were during the frog invasions that went on every damn year. Supposedly she had even went to their hideout and called them out on it. It was a tradition she made every year after the frogs were dealt with by other hunters and passing mages wanting to make a few jewels. Samira doubted the accuracy of her knowing their location. They probably would have made sure she didn't remember anything if that were the case. But, the woman insisted that it was all true. She had followed one that was careless enough to enter the village and bought a few things. He even had the audacity to take off with some of their annual frog meat! During his purchases, he had left the symbol of the order showing, which got her attention. She recognized it from her earlier years and the rumored tales of them. He disappeared somewhere before she could give him a proper scolding.

The woman suggested that Samira go there for herself if seeing them was what she wanted. All she had to do was leave the village and follow the trail until she was stopped by an old oak tree. A tree that was very near the Silent Cemetery and marked the border between the sides of living and dead. It was a recognizable landmark. The woman explained the tree itself was not the hideout. That'd be too damn obvious. But, she was sure they were nearby enough to hear her yell at them every year. It made sense with how a supposedly magicless person could disappear so quickly. They were hunters, not ninjas that poofed into the shadows! With it being her only lead, and no one from the order showing up themselves to say hello, Samira decided to do just that.

The sky above became dark as Samira ventured from the village and into the wild to find the large oak tree. She had forgotten how late it was when the train reached the village. It wasn't even early when she left Easton's office. Time got away from her somehow, and as a result she was now wandering around in the dark near a cemetery that lived up to its name and was infamous for being more than a usual cemetery. It had become a dangerous place throughout the years what with it being located in what was now known as the Cursed Lands and all. She called upon Amaterasu to provide light along the way, and to also serve as an extra guard. The spirit was amused by the task, but took it seriously all the same.

The two didn't meet anything interesting along the way. They were still on the safe side and not within the cemetery itself. Eventually though, the tree that was spoken about entered their view, and after some more moments they were standing right in front and below its massive twisting branches. The tree was a strange sort and nothing like Samira had seen before. The tree felt dead, but living at the same time. It was a strange sensation, but perhaps that was because it was on the boundary between the cemetery and the normal living environment. Because of this strange and rare characteristic of being between the living and dead, the branches still had full leaves attached, though they were black and darker than even the night sky above it.

(Word Count: 887
    Total So Far: 5234)

Samira Nassar
    Samira Nassar

Celestial Avatar

Celestial Avatar

Character Sheet

Post by Samira Nassar 16th June 2020, 7:46 pm

"The hunters of paranormal have amusing tastes to set their base around here." Amaterasu commented as she stared at the tree. She approached it and placed her palm on the trunk, feeling its life but also the darkness swirling around inside it. "There is power here. Maybe that is why."

"I would normally doubt that since they are not the type to use power like that for their daily routine. They do not like it and prefer traditional methods. But, as you say, there is a power here. It could easily be abused if they allowed someone to use it so. It would make sense to set up base somewhere nearby to keep watch. I can only imagine the sorts of trouble they frequently have in these parts."

"They are numerous," said a familiar voice. It was that of a man she had met once, and was also one she didn't want to hear again. Thayor Darkmore. His voice was not anywhere near them though, at least not on ground level. It would have been difficult to even approach without either herself or Amaterasu seeing him. Samira's eyes went upwards to the branches. Still she couldn't see much there, but as Thayor moved around up there she could see the black silhouette that stood out among the leaves. He jumped down, landing gracefully that anyone would be led to believe that he was frequently up there. A dark hood covered his head, face, and the length of the material below the hood continued and descended even further to cover parts of his black leather armor.

"Do you normally spend your time in trees?" Samira inquired, her voice of a more curious tone than containing the sarcasm and sass that anyone else might have had when speaking to someone they disliked.

Thayor lifted the hood, revealing his face and ultimately confirming that the voice matched who she thought he was. "We use its height to keep watch. Many threats come and go from the cemetery and the Cursed Lands. Would you rather we wait until we read about it in the paper? Or do you think we have taken the right approach in making use of the natural environment to aid our hunts?"

"I suppose there is a point there. It does little to make you aware of the frog invasions every year, however. This close by and I did not see anyone help in that during my time there. It is curious."

"Oh, you must have spoken to that old woman that comes and curses us with her words every year. Yes, we see it happening. We don't even need the oak tree to see an army of giant frogs making their way to the village. We're not blind. That is not our problem or area so we do nothing. We concentrate on the real dangers and hunts. Eliminating simple amphibians suits you mages more. Congratulations on keeping a simple fishing village safe from their lunch." He glanced over at Amaterasu, who had taken an interest in examining his armor and poking his face. He arched a brow. To Samira's surprise he didn't actually snap or attack the spirit that was invading his personal space. "What is she doing?" He asked with a slight hint of concern in his tone, giving Samira a side glance that also expressed that worry.

"I am looking over your armor. It is an interesting style."

"My armor does not cover my face," Thayor added as the spirit leaned in closer and poked his cheek again.

"No. But it does amuse me to poke the squish in your cheeks. I could pinch them instead. Is that what you would prefer? I have heard this is a custom among some, but I never understood why. It hurts when I pinch my own. Is it a greeting of sorts?"

Samira sighed. The spirit was playing dumber than she was, she knew that. She did it often. For some reason it always entertained herself. "Ama, please refrain from poking an adult. Very few are ever going to like that."

"Didn't you see it, Samira? He does not like me near him. I think he is afraid of me."

Thayor's eyes narrowed and he stepped away from the light spirit. He refused to comment about fear of a summoning spirit. Instead he returned his focus towards the summoner, his mood now worse than it was at the start of the conversation. "Have you come to exchange comments with me on something as pointless as trees and frogs, or are here you because you got the invitation?"

"The latter of those two. I happened to be visiting Easton at the time he received the message."

"Huh, good timing. Fine. Lets get going. This is too out in the open for what needs to be discussed, and we need to make preparations. With you here now as early as you are, and nightfall just having arrived, we can do this tonight." The tall man turned around and started to walk off, taking the lead and expecting Samira and her spirit to follow.

"Before we get into all of that-" Samira began, about to explain that she had her own interests in being there and that she wouldn't take part in their plan until she was sure they'd help her out as well. Monetary rewards mattered little under the current circumstances. However, Thayor cut her off mid-sentence.

"Speak what you have to later. Follow or be left behind for the ghouls of the land to take you."

Samira watched him go and sighed softly. "It would save time if he would listen to me first. Following him would be redundant and a waste of time if they decline my part of the negotiations."

"There was the mention before of there being more than one leader. It's possible the Lurker Within Trees cannot make any decisions by himself."

The summoner blinked and shifted her gaze to stare at Amaterasu. "Lurker Within Trees? That is what you are going with?" The light spirit giving random nicknames to people she met was not uncommon. Some were neutral, and some were completely... odd. Possibly reaching the category of stupid for others that might have heard it. That one was approaching the second of those two categories.

"It amuses me," Ama replied with a smile and absolutely no shame. The spirit began to follow Thayor, sensing his displeasure at having to stop and wait for the two women. Or rather, she could also quite clearly hear it as he gave his last warning. "His impatience is entertaining to me as well. We should probably listen to him this time." And so they did with Samira agreeing and beginning to follow as well.

(Word Count: 1125
    Total So Far: 6359)

Samira Nassar
    Samira Nassar

Celestial Avatar

Celestial Avatar

Character Sheet

Post by Samira Nassar 16th June 2020, 8:13 pm

The three walked for several minutes longer, away from the cemetery and strange oak tree that served as a watch post. Amaterasu made small comments every now and then, but the two humans of the group mostly remained silent. Thayor had no desire to speak more than he needed to, and he was of the belief that small talk was impossible with those he had zero things in common with, or really just zero things he cared to discuss. Samira just had no need to say anything. Remaining quiet came easy for her. Soon, they reached a forest and it was there that Thayor came to a stop and broke the long silence. "We stop here for now. Dismiss your spirit." The way he spoke it was not a suggestion or polite request that could be refused.

Samira became a bit suspicious with the demand, especially when the man took out a long piece of cloth from a pocket within his armor. "Why?"

Thayor looked annoyed by the question and he pointed at Ama. "Because she has the same abilities of a light bulb. It draws attention, and no one in my order is going to want to be around a being like that." He unfolded the cloth further and reformed it so that it was a long and thick horizontally shaped line. "It's also easier to blindfold one person instead of two. That and I don't even know if it's possible to do that to her. She can... probably see through it or something. I don't know, but that's the answer to your 'why'. Satisfied?"

Samira stepped away from the man, obviously disapproving of being blindfolded. "Pardon? Blindfolded? You cannot be serious."

"Before we go the rest of the way and use the secret entrance to the base, yes. You are to be blindfolded by the natural magics of a bandana across the eyes. It is very simple and yet very effective. As long as no one uses magic or an item to see past it. But we have counter measures in place for that so I really suggest that you don't try that. Or do if you're curious enough. We supposedly need your kind of help so officially I have to ask that you don't. It would be a pain to hire a replacement."

"I had thought that I had earned a small amount of trust to not be blindfolded the rest of the way..." It hadn't even dawned on her that, that was a possibility. Their main headquarters location and entrances she could understand, but a minor outpost was a bit different. They had, after all, seemed to trust her enough to bother inviting her there in the first place.

"It is never so easy to gain that kind of trust. We are on a time limit if we plan to do this tonight so if you can do what I have asked and remove the spirit we can get on with this."

"I am fine with this request." Amaterasu added. She understood the reasoning behind it but at the same time she knew such a tactic would be useless. Even if Samira could not see the spirits connected with her mind could. A simple blindfold was a solution for the more simple beings of the world. Not that they would use that for some grand evil plot that the order might think they would. But, it would help in keeping their summoner protected during it. There was no lie or hidden motives that Ama could sense in Thayor's words or tone. Still, it couldn't hurt to always be their same cautious selves. She doubted their supposed counter measures would be able to pick up on them if all it did was detect if someone was using a spell to see through the blindfold tactic. 'You know their tactic is for the most part pointless when it comes to us. It does amuse me they seem to think it is that simple.' The spirit sent her voice mentally so Thayor would not hear.

Samira nodded, agreeing to the mental statement as well as acknowledging Ama's vocal agreement. "Very well. You may go back to join the others." And with that said, the spirit burst into yellow colored particles that faded into the darkness. She was now gone. Physically. In Samira's head she was giggling. The woman tuned it out and focused on Thayor. "I suppose you may proceed with your nearly archaic precaution."

"Gladly." He lifted the blindfold and paused for a moment, having come up with another idea. "Or if you'd prefer I could always knock you unconscious." He wasn't being completely serious with the suggestion. He had already predicted that someone with Samira's more fragile appearance would rather not be the victim of a physical swing that had rendering one unconscious as the intent.

"Er," the summoner was a bit taken aback by the suggestion. It had to have been a joke. Or maybe it wasn't. It was a logical solution. Not that she preferred being unconscious anymore than being blindfolded. "The blindfold is fine." Naturally she opted for the choice where she could be aware of what was going on around her instead of blackening out and fading from the world with the hope that she would come back. The thought of being hit didn't really phase her in the way Thayor would have assumed. She had experienced blows of that sort in her time as a mage. Both in the field and while training. His ignorance and assumption that mages just sneezed spells as their only talent and fighting tactics blinded him to that possibility. But, that was not of her concern. She remained still as Thayor moved behind her and lifted his arms above her head. They descended so that the blindfold stretched across her eyes and then came closer so the cloth touched her face. She felt it tightening as Thayor connected the two ends and tied them together.

"Do not remove it until I say you can," he instructed before grabbing onto her arm and leading her. The journey was quiet besides the two walking and stepping on twigs and dirt along the way. Some minutes more passed. Her spirits passed on the interesting details, of which there were very few. There were mainly just trees, trees, and more trees. Until something else of interest was spoken to her. They had walked right through a specific space between two trees and the world around them shifted to something entirely different than the forest that had just been walking through. They were now standing on a small mountain and in front of them was a large complex of connected buildings that was similar in style to a monastery. Strange considering it was meant to be an outpost instead of their main headquarters. Samira did not comment or ask questions relating to that, however. To do so would give away that she was aware of everything around her, including that space in between the trees that acted as some kind of teleportation.

(Word Count: 1181
    Total So Far: 7540)

Samira Nassar
    Samira Nassar

Celestial Avatar

Celestial Avatar

Character Sheet

Post by Samira Nassar 16th June 2020, 8:22 pm

"Almost there," Thayor stated, letting her know that soon she'd be free of the "blindness" and be allowed to roam more freely. Samira nodded and she was led further, the sounds of her boots hitting the cobblestone pathway with each step confirming for her that they were indeed no longer in a forest full of dirt and sticks. Around her she could hear the voices of others as well as their footsteps. Some were stuck in their own conversations, ignoring the blindfolded mage or just choosing to mind their own business. However, it wasn't difficult to over hear the comments of others that chose to stare for a bit.

"Who's that? A trespasser?"
    "Nonsense! We haven't had one here for... well it's been ages! If ever!"
    "Wasn't Thayor supposed to be stationed at the Unliving Oak tonight?"
    "Maybe she was caught trying to enter the cursed lands."
    "We let people there all the time. Why would now be any different?"
    "Well if someone was trying to do some end of the world nasty business I am pretty sure we kill for that."
    "So why isn't she dead?"
    "Am I supposed to have all the answers?! I was only guessing!"
    "Shut up, you mindless clowns! That is the mage that helped Amelia before. She was the one that was able to bypass that barrier and get that codex. You know, the one that belonged to that legendary hunter in our history. It was supposed to help us out with those vampire problems we've been having lately."
    "Ooooo, I remember hearing about that."
    "We must be moving on to stage two then if she is here. I heard such talk earlier from the guards. The council had a meeting recently."
    "Oh, is that why both Amelia and Thayor were gone last week?"
    "If I had to guess, sure sounds like it."
    "It won't affect us. If they're doing what I think they're doing, then they'll have the better hunters for this plan. You're not one of them."
    "Hey!"

That little conversation between some hunters continued, but Samira had begun to tune it out by then. Their voices were fading with distance, and the closer ones had taken over. Another approached and addressed Thayor directly. "Good to see your return, Thayor. Even if it's only been a few hours... should I get a replacement to fill your post at the Unliving Oak?"

"Just in case, we probably should. Things are going to get more lively tonight than usual. Have a small group posted there instead of just the one. We'll be stirring things up with the ritual, and I don't want anything coming out from that cemetery during or after it."

"Understood. I know just who to put there."

"Is Amelia still here?"

"She hasn't left the meeting chamber."

"Good. I was worried with how early and ahead of schedule we are that she would have left to hunt or patrol."

"She would have liked to. Tenebris is also here and prevents her from leaving. He wants to be a part of the second phase."

"That fool is here?! Now?! Ugh, of course he'd want to pretend his help would amount to anything. Even the mage here is of better use." Samira heard Thayor sigh angrily. "I was not prepared to have to be around that insufferable man and poor excuse for a hunter." Samira held her tongue. Technically she could agree that for the first part of his complaint that he was just the same as this Tenebris he seemed to loathe. Thayor himself she found to be intolerable on the two occasions she met him. Curious though, as they continued on, from the echoing sounds of her footsteps they were now inside the old building complex, Samira thought to ask about it. "What makes you dislike this Tenebris? I would not dare to assume that your order has many hunters that you would consider to be poorly trained."

"You would do better to not ask questions like that."

"Too dangerous of a topic?"

"No. It's being too curious. Some consider that rude."

"You could always choose not to answer. I allow for that much where proper etiquette is concerned."

"Fair point. Lets just say he left many of our hunters to die during a scouting run that went bad. I was there, and would have been one of them if I had not been saved by another. You don't keep liking someone after you watch them run off to safety while the rest of your party are being massacred. He's also always been annoying to me. His ego cannot be compared with."

"I see."

Samira heard more voices, greeting Thayor as they passed until she was held back as a sign for her to stop moving. The sounds of large stone doors opening could be heard as the deep creaks echoed loudly through the halls. They stepped further forward, and then the doors closed behind them. The blindfold being untied in the back could be felt as Thayor's grip on her arm vanished and the sense of his presence shifted to be behind her. "All right, you are free to see." The blindfold was removed completely, and Samira blinked her eyes as she stared around, waiting for them to adjust to the light within the chamber.

(Word Count: 886
    Total So Far: 8426)

Samira Nassar
    Samira Nassar

Celestial Avatar

Celestial Avatar

Character Sheet

Post by Samira Nassar 16th June 2020, 8:31 pm

Several large pillars were placed around the area, all of them going forward in two straight lines, one line on each side of the thin red walkway that led to a more circular section of the room. In that section were twelve seats, all empty, but was obviously there for larger meetings. If Samira had to guess, most likely for that council of the order that had been talked about before. Banners were hung from the ceiling and pillars, decorating the room with the order's symbol. Delicate looking tall candle holders and chandeliers also decorated the long hall and room, the lit candles within them providing extra light. "This is a little more spacious than I expected of a simple outpost for your group," Samira said, finally being able to comment about that.

"Technically this serves as the main outpost in this area. Amelia and I are in charge of it. This place houses several of our hunting groups. To give the best example from your wizarding world, this acts as a subset of a guild hall that is located elsewhere. We have many scattered across Earthland, usually where we expect the presence of dangerous creatures and dark entities to exist. Welcome to the Forgotten Monastery."

"Monastery? Do you align yourself with monks or have them in your order?"

Thayor shook his head. "In ancient times this did use to belong to a group of monks. They have not needed it in quite some time. It was abandoned and, hence the name, forgotten, including everything about them in great detail and their reasons for leaving. We moved in centuries ago. None have come to reclaim it. We suspect they haven't existed since the day this place became abandoned. But we can never know for certain. Their records left behind didn't have any information pertaining to that. Until they do come back and demand we leave, it isn't a problem we concern ourselves with." Thayor proceeded forward, walking across the red velvet carpet that served as a fashionable walkway. "Come on. Amelia should be up ahead and we can get the briefings started. I assume you would actually like to know what phase two is by now."

"Indeed." Technically she had been wanting to know for several hours, ever since she left Easton's office. Anyone less patient than she probably would have exploded by now. Samira followed along, keeping pace with him but still lagging behind just a bit to be respectful. As they got closer to the center, Samira noticed two people standing towards the side by a table littered with books and scrolls. The woman, who Samira recognized as Amelia Blackbird, was kneeling over the wooden fixture and pointing to passages in a book that she read aloud to the other person that stood beside her. Said person was a tall and fit man, much like Thayor in build. Unlike Thayor though he was lighter complected and his hair was an auburn color that was cut shorter. He wore no protective armor but instead chose to clothe himself in a higher class suit that completed itself with a fashionable long silky cape at the back. Though, from what Samira could tell, he wasn't paying much attention to the book itself. He stood there, arms crossed over his chest and staring lazily at the text as if he cared little about its topic. His lack of focus allowed him to notice the two approaching individuals and look up. His lips formed into a sly smirk. "Thayor! I was not expecting you to be here tonight."

"I could say the same about you," Thayor replied coldly as he kept moving forward and towards them. He left Samira's side and quickened his pace to be closer to Amelia, who was still reading from the book and completely unaware of the two new arrivals in the room. He tapped her shoulder and called out her name in an attempt to break the strength of her focus.

"Oh? What's this?" The man that Samira could only assume to be Tenebris took notice of her. He left his spot standing near Amelia and smoothly walked over to meet Samira before she could get there herself. "Where did you find this enchanting female?" He asked while moving around her, observing her in such a way that not only made her uncomfortable, but was enough for her to want to hit him with a spell strong enough to send him flying to the moon on a normal day. He stopped his circling once he had reached her front side again. "Surely not at the cemetery." He turned around partially to stare at Thayor, a creepy and suspicious smile crawling on his face. "Were you really at your post? Or were you too busy mingling with this female here? So much so that you have brought her here as well. You should know that is frowned upon."

"He did find me at the cemetery, if you must know," Samira entered the conversation before Thayor made his own reply. In her own way, she could see why the man was disliked. At least among women if he referred to every single one as simply "female." She had gained his focus once more with her words. He seemed curious. Was it a sarcastic lie or was she seriously some lost tourist that had wandered near the borders of the Cursed Lands? She certainly didn't look the part of someone they would have hired for help, so she could understand why there was the misunderstanding that she was some weak and perfectly normal... female. "I was invited here to discuss my involvement of the next phase of your plan to deal with the strong breed of vampire your order has had troubles eliminating."

"Ahhh, so you are the female mage that helped acquire the codex of Oberon Cross. My apologies for not realizing sooner." He took hold of Samira's hand and kissed it, a custom that she didn't think existed anymore aside from perhaps the rich and nobles that were brought up to do so. She didn't particularly enjoy the sensation. If not for trying to remain poised and polite she would have recoiled her hand in an instant. Instead, Samira simply stared at him as he performed that action and then released her, taking a step back as well. "I must thank you for your assistance in that retrieval mission. The codex has proven to be just what we needed." He bowed respectfully, whether it was done because he did respect her or because it was expected of him to based on his upbringing she wasn't entirely sure. "I am Devin Tenebris, one of the leaders of the Order of the Ebon Cross."  He stood tall once more. "I assume Thayor has filled you in about me?"

"In a manner of speaking..." Now was probably not the time to bring up exactly what was said, if such a time would ever come to exist in the first place. What things he thought Thayor would possibly say about him that painted him in a good light was beyond her. He'd have to be either as dense and ignorant as they came or had the ego and confidence that made him believe there were zero bad traits about himself. For him... possibly both. "It is a pleasure to meet you. I am-"

(Word Count: 1230
    Total So Far: 9656)

Samira Nassar
    Samira Nassar

Celestial Avatar

Celestial Avatar

Character Sheet

Post by Samira Nassar 16th June 2020, 8:40 pm

"Samira Nassar." Amelia interrupted the Wizard Saint, having approached from behind Tenebris and practically shoving him to the other side of the room as she moved in on the conversation. Samira stared, dumbfounded that with one swing she had been able to send a man like Tenebris flying with ease. Like herself, Amelia didn't look THAT strong. She looked experienced and anyone could assume that she was of the capable sort instantly. But that kind of strength? Without magic of any kind to assist and boost her to those levels? Pretty impressive and nearly unbelievable. A snort came from Thayor's direction. He most likely found that to be hilarious, but he chose to say nothing. "It is good to see you again, Goddess of Ishgar. Your quick arrival gives me great hope that you have agreed to join us on the next step. Like before, we could use the aid of a strong mage like yourself. While, as you can imagine from discussions before, we prefer to use our own experienced members without the help of outsiders, our numbers are few currently. With the casualties we have had recently we barely have the sufficient numbers to properly fill the ranks of our other outposts and bases. To request the help of a sister base is unfortunately out of the question at this time. We are alone in this task even if we are the only ones that have the lead the order needs to fight this enemy."

"What is the second step exactly? And how do you plan to make me a part of it?"

"You are essential to it." Amelia took Samira's hand and begun to lead her to the table she had been at before. "Come, this way. I will show you." Once they got there she pointed to a passage in the codex and begun to read aloud its contents. It was a thorough description of the vampire breed that was supposedly a new mutation. It wasn't. They were, in fact, a very ancient and rare breed. Their worshiped legendary hunter encountered more than just tales about them. He had hunted them personally. When she finished, Amelia further explained. "This is a ritual designed specifically to combat the vampire breed that is immune to our normal methods. We need only craft the silver weapons to these specifications and then perform the ritual to enhance them. We have already completed the first part before attempting to contact you. All that remains is the ritual."

Samira hesitated. What would the ritual entail? Did they need a powerful mage because they needed the blood or magic essence of one? That sounded a bit disturbing. "I am afraid I must decline if I am to be an ingredient for this ritual..."

Amelia laughed at that. "No! Don't think that way. We already have the blood of a powerful mage in our storage. This ritual does not even call for that." The dark haired woman chuckled some more. She was actually completely serious about that stored ingredient, but she still found it funny that Samira thought they'd call her all the way there and enter the base just to use her as a ritual ingredient. Their methods for gathering that sort of thing wasn't as polite. "Don't worry. What we want is for you to participate in guarding me as I perform the ritual. It's very powerful and dark magic and can only be done within the Cursed Lands, the Silent Cemetery to be exact. You know the creatures that walk those lands. It wasn't long ago that they were leaving the boundaries and invading the other lands and villages nearby. Once the ritual begins, they will want to come towards it like a moth to flame. They will be swarming us. My members alone cannot hope to fight them off long enough for the ritual to complete."

"I see." Samira slid the book closer to herself and examined it. Not that she could understand the writings of the code and language written on the pages, but the pictures and diagrams she could follow. "I am surprised this sort of ritual exists in the notes of one of your more esteemed and legendary members. I thought you did not approve of using magic."

"Not normally in our hunts. There are certain conveniences that we still use, though minor. Like the way you got here. I am sure you noticed that a building of this size does not exist anywhere near River Village. The closest would be the Holy Castle, which this is not. The enchantment that hides us and brought you here already existed. We just never had the reason to remove it when it serves the purpose that it does. This ritual here is of the same. It is not typical magic that you mages use. It is merely calling on another higher power to enchant the blades, much like we have called you here to also help in our defense. Once they are enchanted, it is just another tool that we will apply to this enemy. It is not as if these new weapons will be capable of releasing magical energy like the ones your requip users have. They should just ensure that the vampires are damaged as they should be when we strike them. Our skills will still be more superior than the enchantment when in combat with them."

"I see." Once again Samira acknowledged their explanations and viewpoints. She didn't particularly mind in the step two of their plan now that she knew all it was, was to protect them from an army of monsters. That was just another day for her. "Well I do have experience in fighting monsters of this kind, I suppose."

"Yes, the information I gathered about you before let me know that you used to be in a guild that was similar to our order."

"Not similar per say, but there was monster hunting as part of the guild's agenda and goal. But there is no point in going into all of those details. I have a different matter to bring up before I accept this task."

"You will be compensated like before if that is your concern. We do not ask you to do this for free."

"It is related to that but not quite." Samira held out her hands and within them a book formed from the magic blue particles that appeared at her call. It was the book that was obtained from the robed figure within the forest near Beanstalk Village. "I was hoping you might have the knowledge of the language used in this book, and could therefore aid me in translating it. I believe it to hold the key to removing a corruption that is affecting another village and the forest that grows near it. I've been told by a couple of sources of a theory that it could be related to a group of cultists. The title supposedly also translates to 'Unyielding Death' if that means anything off the top of your head."

"I believe we may be able to help with that. Let me see it." Samira did as asked and handed the old text to Amelia, who opened it and began to scan the pages swiftly. She nodded as she did so, also murmuring random thoughts she had to herself. "Yes, I am can guarantee that we can do this for you in exchange for helping us as well. We have information of various cults and their ways scattered throughout the world. This one here I am certain belongs to a powerful order that even we do not underestimate. It's been several years since they have caught our radar, though. The corruption you mention must be what they have been working on this entire time. Was there anything else besides the book?"

Samira nodded and explained that there were two other items left behind with the book. The silver coin with the skull and hand facings, as well as the drawing that contained a symbol of sorts. Amelia confirmed her theory to be accurate. She knew exactly which group of cultists it was. "I will have someone I trust fully work on this translation while we are out. By the time we are back, there should be a copy written in basic language for you to take with you when you leave. I only hope that there are clues within it to help. I don't want my hunters to have to get involved in a zombie outbreak, and we are not equipped to protect ourselves from that kind of magical corruption."

"I can understand that. But thank you for agreeing to translate the text. I am hoping that I can do this myself once I have the information. I would probably go to allied mages for assistance before I dared ask your people to get involved. That said, we should probably begin my part of the deal. When do we leave?"

(Word Count: 1496
    Total So Far: 11,152)

Samira Nassar
    Samira Nassar

Celestial Avatar

Celestial Avatar

Character Sheet

Post by Samira Nassar 16th June 2020, 8:57 pm

It was still the same night that the group of hunters and Samira left the forgotten monastery base. She was once again blindfolded, of course, but she could not have expected any different already. It hadn't been too long since she had even entered the place. They were mostly already prepared. The most they had to do was get their gear set up and round out the few hunters that would be joining them. If one they wanted wasn't there due to the accelerated schedule, they just picked out a replacement. Once they had made it back to the place where Thayor originally covered her eyes, they allowed her to see once more.

Samira looked at the group that walked around her and led the way. There were five unfamiliar hunters there, all well equipped with swords, axes, bows, and guns. Not all at the same time, of course. Though some did try to carry more than one, giving them the appearance of a walking armory. Thayor also was nearby, closer to her than he was at the front of the line where Amelia was. Tenebris, as much as Thayor was opposed to the idea, was also there, walking next to Amelia and leading the group. They came across the Unliving Oak, and it was there they stopped to light torches before proceeding into the darkness of the Cursed Lands and foggy Silent Cemetery. They proceeded to cross the boundary the oak tree marked and all of them disappeared into the darkness. Even their torches could barely be seen by the watch group that was stationed at the tree to keep watch.

They all walked the winding path of the cemetery, avoiding the many gravestones that stood in their way. Some were even broken or unmarked, and one had to wonder when the cemetery was last used for its original purpose. The land looked like that of some fictionalized horror story. There were random sounds around them that were not of their own making. Many of the hunters would stop and face that direction, weapons ready to take down what was lurking in the fog. Nothing ever revealed itself and they continued on. Their path took them off the traditional plot areas and up a tall winding hill. At the top, was a wide space of grey dirt. Nothing had grown there in ages. Statues circled the center of the dead clearing, and from the looks of the scratches and left over ritual tools and ingredients, the place was used previously for other many rituals of the same sort or even darker purposes. Like the Unliving Oak, Samira could sense a power there. It gave her the feeling of nausea, but she attempted to ignore its effects. She still had a job to do, and she couldn't be sick when it hadn't even started yet.

"This is the Hill of Beckoned Souls," Amelia told Samira as the hunters came to a stop and she approached the mage. "It is said to be the center of the cemetery and calls on all those that have died in the Cursed Lands. It has been used as a source of power and rituals for many years. We will be doing the same. Thayor, Tenebris, Aria, help me prepare and start the ritual. The rest of you keep a lookout. It won't take long before every beast and monster starts to come this way. We may have the high ground, but that will not be an advantage forever. Minutes probably."

The other hunters spread out as the three that were named followed Amelia. Samira took her place in the direction they came, being a guard for the path up the hill and most certainly had the intent of eliminating any foul monster that tried to make its way up. At the moment, nothing was happening though. The ritual had yet to start, and Samira saw no signs of movement yet. Neither did the hunters that stood just as vigilant at their posts. Her emerald gaze looked over and watched as the four set up the ritual spot. The silver weapons were gathered from the trunks that had been carried there. Mostly swords, but there were a few of each weapon type she had seen equipped on the hunting party. Even arrows she had managed to catch sight of before they were buried by the larger weapons that were piled at the center spot. A circle was drawn around the pile of silver weapons. Samira was no stranger to magic circles. The ingredients they were using though? She didn't know offhand, but if Amelia was true to her word when she labeled it as a dark ritual then the Goddess could take an estimated guess. A type of ash was used first, and then it was covered in a dark thick liquid that looked like blood.

After what seemed like an eternity of waiting, the circle was complete. Thayor gave the codex of Oberon Cross to Amelia. She informed them all to be ready. Then she took her place within the magic circle and opened the book. Her mouth opened, reciting the words that were written on the page. Her voice was soft at first, but soon it became powerful as she put more effort to increase the volume of it and allow it to carry and be heard. Even with the loud yell of Amelia as she shouted the incantation, there were louder noises coming from below the hill. Then more in the distance that were drawing closer.

(Word Count: 924
    Total So Far: 12,076)

Samira Nassar
    Samira Nassar

Celestial Avatar

Celestial Avatar

Character Sheet

Post by Samira Nassar 16th June 2020, 9:08 pm

"They come!" Thayor shouted, warning them all as he drew his swords and got into position. The woman named Aria did the same as she took hold of her bow and moved to be in an empty spot of the cliff that had not yet been covered. Then there were howls. "Lycans!" The woman pointed out, seeing their form moving about after hearing the powerful howl of the deadly creature incoming. Tenebris remained where he was, standing behind Amelia as her focus remained on the incantation entirely. Whether it was because he wanted to be the last defense for her or if Thayor's words were true and he opted to be the coward that rarely participated in nearly impossible battles was anyone's guess at that point.

In less than a minute, the lycans that Aria had seen climbed their way up the hill. Many were even able to jump up entirely from the ground floor. Some went back down instantly, having been wounded by a sting of an arrow, slash of a sword, swing of an axe, or even from a silver bullet that had pierced through their being. Samira called upon some spirits to be of aid to the fight. Amaterasu made her reappearance, He Bo was another that answered the call. Chaac, Skadi, Susano, Isis. Aside from He Bo, who was basically water, they all had human characteristics for the most part. The summoner thought it best as a choice instead of her more monstrous looking ones. Else, the hunters might have confused some of them as part of the attack. The other hunters didn't exactly know that they were getting that kind of back up. One number added to their party had become many. They enjoyed that fact and their morale increased.

Not just lycans made their way to the ritual scene. Another type of beast ambushed the party. "Shadow beasts!" A burly hunter exclaimed as his axe went through it without causing any damage at all. He dodge rolled a lethal swipe from the predator. "They are supposed to be only in the Spooky Forest! We're miles from there!"

"The ritual must have called them, and they traveled through the shadows to make it here. We didn't anticipate them being here. Did we even bring what we need to defeat them?"

"No. That'd be too prepared!"

They had their conversation while fighting and dodging the beasts, but there was little they could do against the shadowy figures. Samira's spirits were capable of handling them. Amaterasu took over, and her purifying light extinguished them. Samira herself also aided in it, using a sword that was owned and enchanted by the goddess spirit. The blade pierced through and purified them, turning them into ash that piled onto the ground. As a precaution to be better prepared for the next sort of monster, Samira used a spell of hers to shield herself and that of the hunters. Then another was used to amplify its power. They'd be protected from any more of the shadow beasts or any other monster that ganged up on them. Isis and He Bo would act as more support.

The numbers were numerous, as the ritual spot acted like a beacon for the beasts and monsters of the lands. Something more did appear to be happening, however. The pile of weapons glowed brightly as Amelia progressed further into the incantation. The deity the ritual called out to was answering, and thus bestowing the enchantment upon the silver arsenal. They could not take it easy though. There was still a long way to go and more monsters to fight as more groups of shadow beasts and lycans made their way up the hill. Samira had decided now was the time to clear them all in one fell swoop. The hunters needed time to breathe even if her protective barriers allowed them to keep going without taking damage. Celestial energy erupted from her body and started to swirl around rapidly, creating an every tempest that cut through the beasts until they were no more. Due to her barriers and seeing them as allies, the energy did not harm the hunters.

There was silence, but none were foolish enough to assume it was over. They rested for mere moments before the sounds of something large and powerful made its way over. "I see it!" Cried Aria just before a glowing red liquid blob sailed through the air and struck her. It burned through the barrier, which had been weakened from the assaults of the other beasts. The woman cried out in pain as the red liquid touched her skin. He Bo acted, commanding his healing waters to cover the girl, remove the burn, and wash away the acidic substance. "Thanks," she told the spirit gratefully and rose back onto her feet. "We got Serpentine Mammoths heading our way." Spotting the one that shot her again, she used her bow to aim and shoot an arrow at it. "If we allow them to get here they could interrupt the ritual! Someone needs to get down there and distract them while I shoot them from up here."

(Word Count: 857
    Total So Far: 12,933)

Samira Nassar
    Samira Nassar

Celestial Avatar

Celestial Avatar

Character Sheet

Post by Samira Nassar 16th June 2020, 9:14 pm

"We got this!" Susano shouted as he jumped down the hill, using the air around him to create a current for him and the other spirits to descend safely to the ground. Skadi joined him, as did Chaac. Together, the massive fur covered serpents were no match for them. Their elements and weapons did heavy damage and eventually the beasts were either frozen, electrified, or just all around in pieces by the time they were done. They remained at the bottom of the hill to combat any more of the serpents or other monsters that tried to get to the hill.

After a while the monsters stopped swarming, but it wasn't because it was the end of things. Something just more powerful and bigger was approaching, and the other monsters wanted to be out of its way. The hunters heard the stomps from afar, and as it drew closer, growing louder, the ground shook. It wasn't hard to see the creature after that. It's height towered over the trees of the cemetery and forest. "Looks like we're dealing with a traveler from Fat Monsterland. Should we expect the demons of Sin next?" Aria sarcastically asked the people around her.

"That creature could destroy the hill in one hit! We have to stop it before it gets close or this would have all been for nothing!" Thayor took the initiative and descended down the hill, using the uneven terrain on the side to make mini jumps downward. "Tenebris! Don't make me go back up there and drag you down here with me!" The only reply the other man gave was a chuckle. He had no intentions of following Thayor into a death trap. The other hunters started to follow after him, despite being ordered to remain. Samira stopped them. She had a better idea than allowing magicless humans to go after that thing and stall it. Thayor was brave but completely out of his mind if he thought that would work. Even more so with him taking off without waiting for the others.

The Goliath, as some of the other hunters called it, let out a loud screech that deafened many of them. Amelia kept going, even if she could no longer hear herself speak the incantation. Samira moved to the edge of the hill that faced the incoming monster. The powers of Sagittarius were called, and the blade of Amaterasu was replaced with that of a bow. She took aim even though no arrow was equipped at first, but as she concentrated the flow of magic an arrow materialized and was launched in a fierce display of celestial fire that swiftly moved through the air and towards the Goliath's head. It made impact successfully, though admittedly it would have been incredibly hard to miss a target of that size. Regardless, the arrow and the massive trail of energy pierced through the face of the monster and went through the other side. The result was that of an unmoving and quite dead corpse of a monster that toppled onto the ground, crushing the gravestones, trees, and hidden monsters beneath it. Thayor was lucky enough that he had not made it close enough to the monster to be in the way of it falling.

The defeat of the Goliath was the end to the swarm. For mysterious reasons. The various monsters and beasts just stopped coming, and they could all sense them getting further and further away until the hunters could label it all over. They were now safe. The ritual would be completed without further interruption.

Amelia snapped the book closed. She had completed the incantation. A deep breath was taken. "It is done." Then she fell backwards, exhausted. Tenebris managed to catch her before she hit the ground. The pile of weapons still had their glow, but soon after Amelia went unconscious they dimmed. Yet, as the hunters claimed them from the pile they could tell they were different. The enchantment upon them could be felt. They rejoiced. Now they had the weapon they needed to once again be able to hunt without worry of monsters being immune to their tactics. Samira too was pleased but for also a different reason than the one the hunters had. With her part of the deal done, it was time for them to make good on their part. The cultist book would be translated, and with it she could get back to her real mission.

(Word Count: 742
    Total So Far: 13,675)

11,000 for 100Y Freeform
    2500 for To Hunt a Vampire II: Ritual Blades

Current date/time is 7th May 2024, 5:45 pm