Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Get in Loser, We're Going Demon Hunting

Mercury Arseneault
    Mercury Arseneault

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Player 
    Lineage : Gold Rush
    Position : None
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 6,857,298

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Gunblade Master
    Second Skill: Mecha Primordial Slayer
    Third Skill:

Get in Loser, We're Going Demon Hunting Empty Get in Loser, We're Going Demon Hunting

Post by Mercury Arseneault 23rd April 2020, 6:01 pm

Job Details:

Mercury Banner
    Cunning is the art of concealing our own defects
    and discovering other peoples' weaknesses.
    “Hey, I need a hand with something.”

Mercury practically jumped out of her seat, her hand instinctively moving to her hip only to find that her gun was not there. And of course it wasn’t. She almost never wore it at the guildhall, especially in her own suite. Luckily, her emerald gaze set on the intruder to see none other than Jadus, the red headed demon who was the benefactor of her magic. Mercury glared at him playfully. “Stars above, don’t you know how to knock?” she asked. It was then she noticed the somewhat urgent look in his eyes, and now that her shock had worn off she realized it was a bit strange that he’d elected to show up directly in her room at Silver Wolf. The two of them never met at the guild hall. She frowned. “What’s up?”

Despite the fact that something was clearly off, he still grinned at her with his usual ease and flopped a seat down on her bed. “Something came up that I need your help with. Remember Thaken?”

“I think so. He’s that other demon you’ve been trying to outplay, right? You two have been going back and forth for a while or something.”

He narrowed his eyes at her like she’d just insulted him, though there was a twinkle of mischief in his eyes that betrayed he wasn’t actually mad. “‘Trying to outplay,’ she says, like I haven’t been turning circles around him for the last two decades just for laughs.” Jadus huffed a bit in feigned offense, drawing a snort from the woman before he continued. “Anyway, yeah that’s the guy. I guess I finally broke him, cause he snapped and decided to make a reckless move that not even the Primes do without years of consideration.”

She raised a brow in curiosity, recalling what information she knew about the Primes. From what he’d told her in the past, they were essentially the most powerful and influential of his race, treated like kings and queens within their respective domains. “You gonna keep me in suspense?”

“He’s attacking Earthland, specifically one of the cities in Fiore. Just popped right down and started summoning more demons and spirits, driving the people out and possessing them. He’s trying to bring his army through the veil to start conquering the mortal realm one town at a time.”

“Dick move,” she commented, with surprisingly little empathy toward the situation or the people caught up in it.

“Right? Anyway, I need you to go clean that up for me.”

“Not that I’m not flattered,” Mercury told him, even as she made her way across the room to retrieve Mercy, strapping the gun and its holster to her hip, “But won’t I be a bit useless in a fight against a demon? I use the same magic you do.”

He shrugged. “You used to. We don’t really have the time to get into the details right now, but I’ve been studying you in our training ever since you took that totem. Your magic has definitely changed. I don’t think it’s fully demonic in nature anymore. Besides, you’ll hardly need demon slaying magic for this guy, he’s going to be a pushover for you. Although fair warning, you may still want to bring some back up, if only to help with the numbers you’ll be up against.”

Mercury gave that some thought as she slipped on her boots. Her first thought was to contact Vandrad, but the surly Fairy Tail wizard was off on another job that he hadn’t needed her for. Who else did she know that she could take along? Her gaze glanced over to the computer monitor she’d been at only minutes before, where LacTube was currently up on the browser and a thought came to her. Tsubasa seemed a bright kid that would be interested in helping out this kind of thing. He’d struck her as having a rather adventurous spirit that wasn’t necessarily afraid of a little danger, and she was interested in seeing what he was capable of.

“Alright, I know a kid that can probably help. Where am I going?”

A few minutes later, she was knocking on the young man’s door at his room, her internal radars already confirming that he was there. Once he opened the door, Tsubasa would see Mercury standing there in an overly long white and tan button up shirt over a pair of shorts. The shirt had a somewhat dramatic collar to it from which a long red mantle hung behind her from one shoulder. There were gloves on her hands, and she was outfitted with the same pouch ensemble on her thigh that she’d been wearing the day they’d met. Now, he would also see an overly large pistol strapped to her other hip.

Mercury gave him a bright grin. “Heya, champ. You busy? Actually, don’t bother answering that. Grab your shit. We’re gonna go fuck up some demons that are terrorizing Oak Town.”

WORDS: 880/880 | @Tsubasa Kageyama
    Serilda Sinclair

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Tsubasa Kageyama
    Tsubasa Kageyama

Main Account- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Demon Slayer- Christian Minecraft Server- Achiever- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Player 
    Lineage : Adventurer’s Spirit
    Faction : The Ironheart Pact
    Guild : Silver Wolf
    Experience : 273,376

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Hodgepodge
    Second Skill: XVI Battle Suit
    Third Skill:

Get in Loser, We're Going Demon Hunting Empty Re: Get in Loser, We're Going Demon Hunting

Post by Tsubasa Kageyama 24th April 2020, 6:56 pm

In a room in the Silver Wolf guild hall, a young man stood in his room, shirtless, body glistening with sweat as he was midway through his workout. In his hand was a brand new weapon which seemed to be a golden hilted knife with a jade blade. Basically it looked very cool, and exactly like something someone of his age and caliber would create as a weapon. As he flicked it from one hand to the other, it seemed to spring open and extend into a glaive which he caught, spun behind himself and pointed outward at the closed door.

He stood it straight up and threw it back to his other hand, at which point it compressed itself back to a small dagger sized weapon. He repeated the gesture over and over with increasing rapidity and precision. Every once in a while he would miss the catch or the weapon wouldn’t spring properly, at which point he would pick it up, shake himself off and begin again. He clearly wasn’t an amateur with this, but nor did he have the expertise of one who had been doing this for decades.

After doing this for some time, he began slowly inserting an extra strike with the weapon as he did. His goal was to get the basic draw down with such fluidity that it became second nature to him. While this was something he was still working on, his accelerated natural speed allowed him to practice much more in a limited time frame than those working with a normal speed. Finally, after doing this innumerable times, he looked towards his bed and said, “Okay so look. Watch me do this.”

From Tsubasa’s bed, tucked in and nearly drowning under the covers, a small green rodent-like lay there, eyes clearly shut and all but asleep in the confines of the bed, “I’m looking,” it murmured, turning away to face the wall.

“You are very clearly not looking,”

The squirrel was quiet for a moment then said, “I… can see it with my third eye,”

“You don’t have a third eye.”

The little squirrel sat up, feigning offense, “You don’t even know if I have a third eye, Tsu, you have never asked me about my third eye. I’ve got all kinds of powers you aren’t even aware of. I am complex, I am an enigma.” His voice was more high pitched and faster than usual, clearly indicating he was both lying and bad at it.

Tsubasa turned to face him, hand on a hip expectantly, “Like what? What enigmatic powers do you have that I don’t know about?”

“If… I told you they wouldn’t become enigmatic anymore.” The little creature said, standing up proudly. “I am gonna keep my secrets all to myself and you are never going to know, because now I’m never going to tell you.”

“Okay but are you gonna look?”

Shortly after the training session finished, Tsubasa and his little friend took a well earned bath in the hot springs. He opted for a private bath both due to personal reasons and because it was unlikely that others would want to take a bath with a green little flying squirrel. Although he had in the past ensured others that he was probably totally clean, he had given up on the argument with most people and just enjoyed the privacy of the bath. Ahab was one of the few people to never ask questions about Tsu when his shirt was off anyway.

After getting out of the hot springs, the young man dressed in the privacy of the locker rooms, hoodie and all, and returned to his room, sitting down in his chair. He turned on his LacBook and had just started to edit his most recent video, detailing the creation of the weapon he had been practicing with. His muscles were a little sore and his hair was still wet. Of course, due to his general… behavior, he started editing then checked his LacTube subscriptions, responded to some comments, blocked a few people who were being super rude or trying to advertise their guilds on his account. He never cared if people insulted him, but trying to take away from other peoples’ enjoyment was something he couldn’t abide by.

Just when he had found it in himself to actually focus for a dang second, his door burst open with Miss Mercury standing at the entrance to his room. He was pretty sure there was a lock on that thing, but it had honestly never occurred to him to use it. It still didn’t. He looked over her outfit in the second it took before she spoke to him. She looked more ready for a job than she had before. Possibly something in the desert, since she seemed to be showing a lot of skin. She explained the situation, and as soon as she got out ‘grab your shit’, he was already loading his backpack and sliding his hoverboard into place. He grabbed the new dagger and slid it into place in his hoodie pocket, where it seemed to outright disappear like the notebook had in their first meeting.

He shut off his LacBook with the press of a button and, lastly, opened up the hood of his jacket so that the flying squirrel currently laying on his bed would fly over and land in it. “I’ve never been to Oak Town,” He said. “Is it always demons or is there a special demon festival happening?”

WC: 920

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Let us use our hands to help and hold...

... let us pour love into the Mighty Soul.
    Mercury Arseneault
    Mercury Arseneault

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Get in Loser, We're Going Demon Hunting Empty Re: Get in Loser, We're Going Demon Hunting

Post by Mercury Arseneault 27th April 2020, 1:26 pm

Mercury Banner
    By the time the door opened, Mercury was able to observe that Tsubasa had been doing some kind of work on his LacBook. Presumably, working on some video editing. True to her word when he’d first shown up at the guild to join it, the ace had taken time during her off hours to browse through some of his videos on his LacTube page. He was a genuinely funny kid, a bit quirky and awkward at times but in a way that was delightfully endearing. Her instructions for him to grab his things was met with immediate action to do just that, snatching a backpack that he seemed to have at the ready and slipping the board he carried with him onto it. He also slipped a fancy looking knife into his pocket. Like before, she couldn’t see the imprint of the item once it had been deposited, leading her to think that he had some similar ability and drive as herself to keep his inventory hidden.

Once his computer was off and Ahab had launched into his jacket, Tsubasa was ready to go. As they exited the room, the young man told her he’d never been to Oak Town before, curious as to if it usually had demons running around or if there was some kind of special festival happening. The comment drew an entertained grin from the woman while she led the way out of the guildhall. “It’s definitely a special little party. They rudely did not invite us, so I figured we’d go crash it and teach them a lesson about exclusivity.”

Jokes aside, she went on. “Oak Town is a bit of a cultural hub for Fiore. They have the country’s largest library containing magical knowledge and artifacts. Naturally, that makes it a location of interest for Silver Wolf, one that we aren’t keen to fall into misusing hands. I’m not entirely sure what we’ll see when we get there, but as a heads up it probably won’t be pretty. I was given minimal knowledge needed to understand the scope of the issue, but since it’s an active invasion there wasn’t really any time to ask questions. There will probably be quite a few dead bodies, and even more possessed ones.”

Once they got outside, Mercury reached into one of her pouches and pulled out a small device of black metal, tossing it into the air in front of her. Before it could hit the ground, it snapped out into the shape of a round disc about three feet wide and five inches thick that hovered a bit off the ground. Slipping on a rather trendy pair of sleek sunglasses, the Ace stepped onto the disc and turned to look at him. “You capable of flight in any capacity? If not I have another of these you can use. Roads will take too long.” While she suspected that the board on his backpack was some mode of transportation, she didn’t know for sure, and even then she wasn’t sure if it only let him travel along the ground or if it gave him the ability to travel through the sky. Either way, if he indicated that he would need some help with her intended method of travel, Mercury would produce a second disc much in the same manner as the first, and he would find that operating it felt very similar to his own hoverboard.

The only difference really was that her device was probably much faster than he was used to. Mercury was exceptionally skilled when it came to technology and engineering, with most of her knowledge and tech coming from her background in a society that was much further along technologically than Earthland was. The disc would allow him to move at her top speed, racing across the sky so fast that the ground beneath them was a blur.

It would take them about thirty minutes to reach Oak Town, and once the city came into view in the horizon they could already see and smell smoke coming from several points within. They pulled up close enough where they could observe the state of things from the sky briefly before anyone would notice them. Unfortunately, it looked like the first step of the invasion had already been completed by the time they got there. Even moving as quickly as they could, thirty minutes was still more than enough time for even a small hoard of demons and spirits to lay siege to the place. There were quite a number of bodies littering the ground, mostly human though a few demons had managed to get taken down as well by some of the heartier civilians. The dead were being dragged out of the main roads and set up in piles by other humans that didn’t seem very upset by the carnage, telling her that they were probably possessed. There was no sign of Thaken.

“Alright, here’s the plan,” Mercury told Tsubasa quietly, making sure her voice wasn’t raised enough to draw attention upward toward them. Her emerald eyes studied those gathered below, running the statistics and scenarios through her computerized brain to calculate which methods of approach would result in the most ideal outcome. “First priority is trying to save as many people as possible. Most of these humans are probably being controlled. I’ve never tried to un-possess someone, but try not to kill them if you can. I’m sure the Council won’t thank us for that. Otherwise, if it’s clearly a demon feel free to attack with extreme prejudice.”

Mercury shot him an impish grin as she turned and purposefully fell off the edge of the disc, dive bombing toward the ground even faster than the item could carry her. At the last second she twisted to land on her feet in the middle of the most heavily populated square, her secretly metallic body shielding her from the damage the fall would have otherwise given her and causing her to create a small crater in the pavement a few meters wide in either direction. As the demons all stopped to stare in utter shock at the surprise entrance of this bold stranger, Mercury straightened out and unholstered her pistol, casually resting it up against her shoulder with a pleasant smile.

“How’s it going, shitheels?” she asked them like they were little more than amicable neighbors stumbling into one another at the grocery store. “I’m looking for Thickhead. Sorry, Fag-en. Sorry, Thaken. Would any of you be so kind as to point me in his direction? That’d be swell, thanks.” The demons continued to stand there for a moment, flabbergasted not only by the puny mortal woman’s presence but also her insolence in purposefully misnaming their patron in a number of insulting ways. Then, they all ran in to attack her.

“That’s fair,” Mercury said, more to herself than to them. Then, she took aim with her gun and started blasting.

WORDS: 1185/2065 | @Tsubasa Kageyama
    Serilda Sinclair

Tsubasa Kageyama
    Tsubasa Kageyama

Main Account- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Demon Slayer- Christian Minecraft Server- Achiever- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Tsubasa Kageyama 27th April 2020, 5:58 pm

WC
    1260/2180 words
    TAGGED
    @Mercury Arseneault
    N/A

He hurried at her speed, not quite keeping step with her but rather just a single step behind her, ready to shift behind in case he needed to make room for someone else to pass by. This definitely wasn’t a sparsely populated guild, and he noticed that the more time he spent in the kitchen, the more he recognized faces. Everyone’s gotta eat, he figured.

It’s the exclusionism about demons that really gets me,” Tsubasa offered, riffing off of her. Reaching into his pocket, he pulled out his travel camera and handed it over to the little squirrel hiding in his hood. The squirrel nodded and, while the pair was walking, set up the camera as best he could. It was roughly half the size of him, which made it possible to maneuver, but definitely not easy.

As she begun to explain, he followed his mothers’ rule of closing his one mouth and opening his two ears because the Ancients hadn’t created us with the ability to use both at once. His notepad was once again out in a second and he was taking down the strange hieroglyphic notes that seemed to be all but native to him. She explained about the importance of the cultural hub of Fiore, its general and specific interests both to the country and the Silver Wolf guild respectively. He appreciated her honesty in admitting she didn’t know what was going to happen there, as he preferred admittance of a lack of knowledge to a lying reassurance. Since they had met, she had treated him as more or less an equal, if an amusing one, and even as he took note of her movements and actions (for studying purposes), she had never tried to dumb things down to a lower level for him. She really was very kind to him, whether she realized it or not.

The mention of dead bodies shook him back to paying active attention to her, glancing down at his notes. At least his hands had been paying attention. He didn’t ask any questions yet, but his pencil tapped and chittered across the notepad. It wasn’t that dead bodies made him uncomfortable, as he had worked in a temple which sometimes meant interring the deceased to rest. It simply shook him back into remembering about the important things. He set the notebook away when she finished explaining and said, “Uh this thing rides really fast, but it can’t move as the crow flies.

As the crow flies… A mostly suppressed snort emerged from his hood.

Without flinching or removing attention from the conversation, Tsubasa reached behind him and bonked the little squirrel on the noggin. As he did, he said, “If you’ve got something better, I’d like to make use of it, please,” Before they took off proper, he stepped onto the hover disc to figure out how to work it. He immediately barreled out into the open air, moving pretty much as fast as the thing could go. For a moment it seemed as though he would lose control, but he came back around in a flash.

It took but a minute and a half before he was zooming around her, apparently completely unfazed by the torrential speed that this thing was capable of and even in complete control of it. He slid to a stop, hovering about a foot off the ground next to her. “I like this, this is good. Could you help me build one of these?” Peeking out from behind him was Ahab, fur messed up by the wind, but otherwise holding the camera as required. He seemed to have a deer in headlights look. “This good.” He echoed.

As the two of them raced towards the city, he seemed determined to pay attention to his surroundings and following her. By determined, it seemed to be very difficult for him to remain in control of what he was doing, rather than zoom off and look at the horizon or some small villages they passed. Truly, something like this was death for his attention span. However, he managed to keep right with her, following her at a reasonable distance and learning the finer points of piloting this device by watching her movements. Thus far his control of it had been a little like a kid with a learners permit hopping on a bulldozer. Sure he knew how to make it go, but the precision necessary wasn’t with him yet.

Of course, he stopped when she stopped and took in what he could. He was less of a planner than she was, but figured this was more of a situation for smart people thinking than for a series of stupid actions that coincidentally all turned out to lead to a positive outcome.

He listened carefully when she explained the plan from their side, noting which enemies were fair game and which should be spared. As she explained that there was an option for not killing some of the invaders, or rather those controlled by the invaders, a secret wave of relief washed over him. “Don’t kill people, kill demons. Got it,” Tsubasa nodded, his voice as quiet as hers. “I’ll follow your lead.” There was hardly enough time for him to say it before she straight up superhero landing’d off the disc. This time he actually looked back at Ahab who nodded with an affirming ‘I got it I got it’, because that shit was definitely going on LacTube.

With attention drawn on her, he remained in the air waiting for his moment to strike. In his left hand was a small ball of lightning that danced and swirled around with the same casual impatience that he carried every waking moment of his life. He watched how she casually addressed these monstrous creatures, insulted who he presumed to be her leader, and then received less than hospitable response. As she raised her gun, he took that to mean it was fighting time and raised the ball of lightning up, dropping it down hard into the ground and creating a shield of electricity that spread out around the two of them, keeping the demons at a distance as he landed with his back to hers.

The mobbing? Also impolite. It’s like they’ve never learned how to stand in a line. These guys are gonna make a mess on fifty percent off day.” On a more serious note, he added, “Cage keeps them from coming closer for a bit. Won’t stop you from going out.” Then punched into the ground, which caused a stone giant fist to emerge from under one of the demons, knocking the thing into the air and causing it to land on the electric cage, where it received a nasty shock. “I’m gonna make a break for some of the possessed. Don’t worry, I know. No killing.

Utilizing the ride that she had loaned him, he barreled out of the cage to try and locate some of those who had been taken over by the dark magic. Secretly part of the reason he had chosen to go after the possessed was because he felt much more comfortable knocking out humans rather than killing something. Had he hunted to eat? Yes, absolutely. But there was prayer there, a trade of life-force, and respect for tradition. To kill on the battlefield wasn’t a line he had crossed yet. It was a line he was nervous about. With grim determination on his face, he stayed enough to keep hidden by buildings as he searched for something to take out.

STATS

HP: 000
    MP: 000
    Current Durations: Spell Name 0/0
    Current Cooldowns: Spell Name 0/0
    Spell1:
    Spell 2:
    Abilities Used:
    Weapons Used:
    ivyleaf33 of FTRP

Mercury Arseneault
    Mercury Arseneault

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Mercury Arseneault 1st May 2020, 5:13 pm

Mercury Banner
    Tsubasa picked up the use of her hover disc almost immediately, zipping off into the sky at full speed to the point where Mercury was sure he was probably going to kill himself. She probably should have been worried about that, but instead she was only amused. He came right back around and in little more than a minute or two had full control over the device, skidding to a controlled halt right in front of her. Like a kid eyeing a new toy in the store, he complimented the disc and asked if she could help him build something like it. Even Ahab, despite his fur having been assaulted by the wind, agreed with his pleasure with the item. Mercury grinned. “Sure thing, champ. Once we get back, I’ll take a look over your board with you and we’ll see about giving it a flight upgrade, what do you say?”

Honestly, Mercury was very curious about his own board. Most of the technology on Earthlast wasn’t very advanced, but every once in a while she came across something that seemed ahead of the current times, and his hoverboard seemed like it could fall in that line. But for now, they had a job to do. So the two of them whisked themselves away to Oak Town as quickly as they could get there. Once they arrived and had taken a moment to observe everything, Tsubasa listened as Mercury explained their goals, confirming that he would follow her lead. She dropped herself into the square and the younger man hung back, still in the air and smartly waiting to draw any attention to himself.

The demons were about as thrilled and impressed with Mercury’s bravado as anyone would expect. They didn’t even bother to shoot any sass back at her, which was doubly disappointing. Mercury disliked few things more than boring opponents. They came at her from all sides and the woman confidently started shooting, knocking a few of the weaker ones down. But she could feel energy above her, delicious energy that smelled like a feast to her sensitive nose. She glanced up just in time to see Tsubasa drop a small globe of lightning onto the ground which shot out and encapsulated them in a large shield that kept the monsters at bay.

The young man dropped behind her, his back to her own, as he added his own comments about how impolite it was for all of them to mob her without forming a calm and orderly line. His retail joke did not go unappreciated either as she loosed a rather undignified snort of amusement. Tsubasa informed her that the electric cage would keep them from coming closer for as long as it lasted, but she could leave it if she wished. He thrust a fist toward the ground and the result was a large stone fist jumping up from the floor outside the circle, bashing a demon so hard it went flying into the air and onto the cage, electrifying it. Mercury hadn’t really gotten the chance to ask Tsubasa too much about his magic, but whatever it was it sure was useful. She’d definitely made the right decision on bringing him with her, and now she kind of just wanted to see what more he could do…

But, they had demons to slay and people to liberate. He informed her that he was going to go try and focus on freeing some of the possessed people, reassuring her that he would do his best not to kill them. Then he was off, still using her hover disc and zipping away to go get some work done. It was good that he wasn’t the type that needed to be led by the hand. While Mercury was more than capable of giving direction, she much preferred to work with someone who didn’t need it. Grinning at the monsters around her in a very unfriendly way, she innocently told them, “Well, kids, looks like you’re stuck here with little, ol’ me.”

She casually started walking the perimeter of the shield, shooting out with her gun and felling demons one by one. Most of them weren’t really anything to write home about, though Jadus had been more than right about the numbers. Soon, they started to wisen up and moved around the barrier, attempting to find a weak spot where they could get through to her. As they moved, Mercury kept an eye on them. What she was trying to do was determine how many of the creatures around her were demons and which were possessed humans. It was hard when all of them were mixed together and moving around.

Figuring that Tsubasa had the best idea, she started focusing on some of those who were human. With the quick flick of her wrists, Mercury conjured small cages of black metal and trapped the few possessed people inside of them one at a time. They fought and railed against the bars, only to be shocked with her own electricity of black lightning. Once they were all set up and covered, Mercury changed tactics with a grin.

A bunch of turrets materialized along the outskirts of the square, unnoticed by the demons as they ganged together and tried to claw their way to her. With her free hand, Mercury pulled a tablet out of her pouch and opened it up to several views from the targeting systems on the guns. She punched in a command and they all started targeting the demons and locking on to them before she hit the instruction to fire. Then, the guns all unleashed themselves on the beasts in the square, mowing them down like soldiers on a front line. Any bullets that hit her cages by accident were simply deflected away, the civilians inside remaining unharmed.

Now that she finally wasn’t the sole focus of attention as the demons scrambled to either find cover or go after her remote weapons, Mercury strolled out of the dome. She snatched a passing demon by the scruff and knocked it to its knees. “Hi! Can you tell me where Thaken is?” It turned and screeched at her with a mouth full of sharp teeth and a disgustingly long tongue that was forked and twisted at the end like a snake. She slipped the barrel of her gun under its chin and blasted it’s head into chunks. “That’s a no. What about you?”

Mercury turned to the next demon, that made a swipe at her. Dancing out of the way of the attack, she snatched it by its outstretched arm and yanked it toward her, muzzle resting against its temple for another point blank shot that resulted in a fine mist of blood and gore. Also a no. You guys are no help at all.”

WORDS: 1156/3221 | @Tsubasa Kageyama
    Serilda Sinclair

Tsubasa Kageyama
    Tsubasa Kageyama

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Tsubasa Kageyama 5th May 2020, 5:34 am

WC
    1501/3681 | 6901/ words
    TAGGED
    @Mercury Arseneault
    N/A

Tsubasa found it welcoming that Miss Mercury had no qualms about him going out on his own. His knowledge of her magic was nothing but speculation at this point. Based on his meager observations he leaned towards it having something to do with technology, but he had no clue outside from that. Still, she didn’t seem fazed by the electric cage, which was definitely for the best. She put some trust in him. As he rocketed off, she turned back to the demons before her. He glanced back in time to watch her work, getting a little more footage of her for the video.

His suspicions were reinforced by watching her trap the infected in to-go boxes of black lightning that seemed to keep them in place well enough. Following that, she straight up summoned a bunch of what Tsubasa could really only describe as straight up machine guns and destroyed a bunch of demons. Easily. She took their lives without any kind of thought, and Tsubasa even thought he saw a smirk on her face.

If she who had entrusted him to take on demons by himself could take them out so easily, with even a smirk on her face, then couldn’t he do the same? She protected the living ones and so would he. The demons though, they would have to be conjured beings. No different from beating on wooden training dummies or simulacra. Which was something he had done, except that they had never attacked him back. He had definitely fought human opponents as well, but he’d made sure to never take a human life. These weren’t human lives.

Those are. He focused his attention on a pair of stragglers attempting to break free from the grasp of two demons that seemed to be trying to carry them away. Had Tsubasa had a little more wisdom than knowledge, he would know that they were being taken to be converted, and following them might be a slightly better idea than saving them, as it would likely lead to Thaken. However, youth has its qualms as anything else does.

Fortunately, youth has its advantages as well. The headstrong young man formed a plan in his head that was really just a single word. He nodded to himself with new resolve and took towards one of the demonic creatures. It looked human enough, in terms of general shape. But it was all wrong. As though someone with their memory wiped had been told about the general features of a human then told to go wild. Spikes and protrusions where there shouldn’t have been, a discoloration that heavily hinted at either a flaming disposition or a severe skin irritation. And more teeth than one would expect. Also as he neared them, he was fairly certain that jaws didn’t normally open that wide.

He put his hands together as though in prayer and slid them anti-clockwise from each other, making a gripping motion with one and pulling out a whip of electric energy that crackled dangerously as it broke away from his body. “Hey jagoff, have some lightning lash!” He whipped the ground once, twice, and on the third go swung the electric whip around before striking the demon with it. These were clearly not the strongest beasts in the world, as this one seemed to crumple against his strike.

Sliding into a landing, he caught the disc in his hand like a skateboarder would, managing to (accidentally) retract it into its miniature form before the next demon could attack him. His lash whipped out again, wrapping around the leg of the creature and pulling it off its feet. He made a jerking motion towards himself and pulled the creature along with the lash, raising his hand and whipping it again. It split in half like a rotten piñata. Tsubasa swallowed bile.

Turning himself from the carnage, he looked at the two survivors, “Are you guys okay?

There were two of them. A female, maybe five years older than him and what a poor author would describe as ‘petite’. Tsubasa, however, could clearly see that the battlefield had borne a warrior. She was dressed in work apparel but her shoes had been lost at some point. Her hair was askew and one lens of her glasses shattered, she seemed to be ignorant of all of it. “What are those things? What’s happening?” Hanging on to her for dear life was a man, about the same age as she but not nearly as composed. He seemed to be an athletic type, but none can tell how they will handle deadly pressure. He clung to her like hope to a nightlight. He didn’t make eye contact with Tsubasa, but kept his eyes on the gore behind him.

Uh. I’m from the Silver Wolf guild. We’re handling the situation. Please find a place to hide and we’ll come get you when this is all over.

Hide? Where?” She demanded, “Those things are everywhere.

She had a point. There was nowhere safe he could leave them, and he couldn’t exactly just fly them out of the city and come back for more. Again, the impulsiveness of ‘do a thing’ had beaten out the very important factor of ‘how’.

Thus left one option that he could think of, which was to bring them with him. All of them moving together would be better in the short run as it would allow them to cover each other. “Okay. Right. Yes. Well, stay close.” He said, and began to move towards the nearest creature.

The three of them fought their way to a few other survivors, with Tsubasa building up a small army of people able to fight back and people who definitely weren’t. The first woman that he’d found had proved herself more of a leader than he himself. She had grabbed a steel bar during one of the incursions and was taking out a few of the infected ones without killing them. Hopefully.

With her help and the efforts of some others, Tsubasa focused himself on the more powerful demons, being able to successfully avoid any necessity for potentially killing a human, purposely or accidentally. The group fought through the city opposite Miss Mercury, gathering quite a founding and scooping up the survivors throughout. Unfortunately he was aware that what he was building was a bigger target for himself. He’d gathered a group of about twenty when he found his way to what appeared to be a library.

Libraries are miracles during invasions. Older ones are made of brick, with relatively few windows to protect the integrity of the books within. Generally they’re air conditioned to prevent any heat related warping of books, and they have as few exits as possible. Tsubasa didn’t have all of this knowledge, but the woman he had met first apparently did.

We can hole up in here,” She offered. “Just use that rock punch thing to lock us in. And… come get us when this is over.” She seemed to have a better grasp of his magic than he had expected, having only seen him use it for a short time. She also seemed to be aware that Tsubasa was open to any good ideas from anyone, regardless of relation to him.

Yeah,” Tsubasa said with a nod. Once the lot of them were in, he made a punching motion in front of the door and jammed it up with a fist of stone. It crunched the door in and made it nearly impossible for them to leave. It would also make it impossible for anything to get in for as long as it took the demons to break through the stone.

Of course the time and effort had cost him any stealth he’d had. Turning around, a few demons were closing in on him. His energy reserves were running low. The way of youth is high stamina but eagerness to utilize all of it. As such he had more for less stuck to his most powerful spells rather than attempting to ration his energy for a long fight. Now that this set of survivors were more or less safe, however, he had a larger issue which was finding the thing that Miss Mercury had been asking about. It seemed to be the key to all of this, but unfortunately he had missed the small salient detail that it was a person for whom they searched. Thus, as he found himself cornered but he group of demons, he found he had no choice. “One of you is gonna tell me where the Thaggin is.” He said, full of bravado but with no real power to back it up.

One of the demons snarled in response. They inched closer, his back to the stone wall he’d created.

Okay. You asked for it,” He pulled out a small dagger looking weapon and spun it around, extending it to a glowing sapphire halberd. He took a basic ready stance against them and said, “Let’s do this.

STATS

Spell1:
    Spell 2:
    Abilities Used:
    Weapons Used:
    ivyleaf33 of FTRP

Mercury Arseneault
    Mercury Arseneault

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Mercury Arseneault 12th May 2020, 10:14 am

Mercury Banner
    For the most part, the demons out in the square didn’t seem very difficult to take down. Her turrets mowed through them with relative ease and they hardly put up much of a fight when she came against one face to face. Their strength had surely been in their numbers, and with the guns she’d set up around the perimeter distracting them from being able to gang up on her, they had quickly lost that advantage. This left her in the rather comfortable position of being able to more or less stroll through the square and casually shoot craniums off of demon’s necks.

She’d given up rather quickly on asking for any information on the whereabouts of Thaken. In truth, she had never expected any of them to answer anyway. Sooner or later the demon would show his face, after she killed enough of his pets and ruined his plans. Mercury didn’t know all the details of his history with Jadus, but she knew enough to know that not taking Thaken or his underlings seriously would be adding insult to injury on a level that Jadus would be proud of. Honestly, she was a little surprised he hadn’t come storming out yet, but he wasn’t exactly known for fighting his own battles. She was going to have to take out his army and back him into a corner to get him to show his face.

As Mercury moved through the square, she eventually caught sight of Tsubasa. The younger man had found quite a number of civilians that either hadn’t been possessed yet or that he had found a way to free from possession. He was leading them in a group through the streets to pick up other survivors, letting them see to one another while he fought back demons that approached them. She was impressed, actually. He had got himself right to work and was rather efficient at getting the task done. Granted, the large group was starting to get attention from other demons in the area that were starting to wonder if would be more worth their time to abandon Mercury to go after civilians.

Thankfully, he didn’t have them in his care for too long. The group rushed into a library and Tsubasa trapped them inside with the use of his rock magic, securing them safely within the thick walls of the building. This, of course, was just in time for a small collection of demons. Mercury paused for a moment in thought, wondering if she should go help him. This being their first job together, she wasn’t entirely sure how strong he actually was or if the group would be too much for him to handle on his own. Unfortunately, there was no way of knowing that without letting him start the fight unaided. He’d probably be fine, but just in case she did start moving her way a little closer toward him.

Before she could get very far, however, Mercury was stopped in her path by a odd phenomenon. Despite the warmth of the day and the hot sun in the clear sky, she was touched by a cold spot that sent a shiver down her spine. It was so out of place that red flags instantly went up in her head and she leapt backward on pure instinct to get out of the way. A split second later, a wraith appeared where she’d just been standing, swiping at the open air that had only a moment ago been occupied by her body. Before it could get the chance to recover, she pointed Mercy at it and shot three blasts in quick succession until it disappeared like dust in the wind with a pained screech.

It wasn’t the only one, though. She started to feel more cold spots forming around her, her internal sensors pinpointing a number of them forming a loose circle around her. Mercury raised her gun, getting ready to start shooting, but before any of them could fully form her world went black. She could still hear the sounds of battle in the square and knew that she hadn’t left the area or been knocked unconscious. However, she couldn’t see anything, even when she switched her eyes to infrared vision. It was like they had formed a large cloud of pure darkness around her that blocked her sight completely, leaving her to rely on her other senses alone.

Thankfully, those senses were quite strong these days. Even if she couldn’t see in the traditional sense, her electronic sensors were more than capable of detecting the exact locations of the lower temperatures spots around her, and her ears and nose were both working in overdrive to make up for the lack of vision. If they moved, she would know it. The danger would be if they could attack her without moving, however, so she quickly took the time to reach into her actual magic, hardening her body until it formed a thick layer of durable steel just below the surface of her skin, giving her some extra defenses for any attacks they might throw at her body.

What she hadn’t expected was for her mind to be attacked, though. Mercury’s heart suddenly started racing as a mild sensation of fear began to bubble in her chest. She almost didn’t notice it at first, not understanding right away that it was part of their attack. Mercury quickly grew a bit irritable, annoyed with being involved in all of this, and specifically with Jadus for making her do it. This was his problem, wasn’t it? Why didn’t he deal with it, instead of sending Mercury like some lap dog? Did he think she was his servant? His slave?

Dark thoughts settled in her mind, thoughts that were far too close to home. Here she was, putting herself and Tsubasa in danger because Jadus couldn’t fight his own battles. She’d been sent like a grunt to the front lines, just like Thaken himself was doing with his goons. How dare he treat her this way. All she had ever been was respectful to him, and this was how he repaid her? She’d trusted him. What a mistake.

No wait, that wasn’t right. Something nagged at her mind, telling her the mindset was wrong. Sure, Jadus wasn’t always the nicest person, but he’d always done well by her even when he hadn’t needed to. Even when she had given him every reason and excuse to kill her. He’d perhaps hidden a few truths of himself from her here and there, but for the most part he’d only ever encouraged her toward growth and made her stronger, with no strings attached. The only reason he’d even asked her to fight this battle for him was because his demon magic was useless against other demons, and according to him her magic had evolved into something stronger than just killing gods or angels.

She needed to clear her head, but the pounding darkness wasn’t letting her. In a fit of aggravation, Mercury roared, her body cloaking itself in a bright yellow-white light like that from the sun. The light expanded, growing brighter and brighter as it shoved back the darkness and scorched the wraiths that lurked around her, trying to corrupt her mind. In a very literal flash, they were burned away until she was standing once more in the open square, the wraiths and their darkness purged from existence with the light from her body quickly fading down to a gentle glow before disappearing entirely.

Mercury frowned, turning her hand over in front of her face as she examined the fading white light. Odd. The light from her slaying magic had always been such a dark shade of violet that it had nearly been black. After all, the black of her metal, lightning, light, and oil was what marked her as a god slayer. But this light had been white, like that of a god slayer with their holy magic. It should have been impossible. How had she managed that? Too many questions, and not enough answers. Certainly not enough time to think about it for now. Remembering her place, Mercury quickly glanced up to where she’d last seen Tsubasa, wanting to make sure he was handling the group of demons that had ganged up on him without needing her help.

WORDS: 1394/4615 | @Tsubasa Kageyama
    Serilda Sinclair

Tsubasa Kageyama
    Tsubasa Kageyama

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Tsubasa Kageyama 26th May 2020, 12:42 am

WC
    1095/4776| 9391/14000 words
    TAGGED
    @Mercury Arseneault
    This is where any notes or fancy quotes/song lyrics can go! If you don't need it, simply delete the text within this space. It will scroll if needed.

A fact that is raised about Tsubasa very often but so often trivialized is that he was raised in a temple. This means that, overall, the young man is very humble and educated, while suffering from the unfortunate drawbacks of being socially awkward and a little too noble for the real world. However, most temples find that a way of practicing the health of mind and body lies within martial arts. Thus, once considering that fact one would not be surprised to realize that Tsubasa is a young man trained in multiple styles of martial arts, including styles that incorporate a larger opponent’s mass used against them, as well as those that require adept movement and unparalleled speed. Tsubasa, while by no means a master martial artist or black belt in any art, had nevertheless thrown some of this into his fighting style as he had trained as a wizard and generally wanting to look things as cool as possible as a teenager.

Thus, it would likely not be overly surprising to hear an earth-shattering crash against the wall behind him as Tsubasa flipped the demon that came at him first, using the mighty creature’s own momentum against it and forcing it to ground. Getting it in just the right position, his halberd came down at the base of its skull and with one sharp slice, it twitched and spasmed its final death throes. Tsubasa on instinct slammed his weapon backwards, catching something in the gut before giving it another taste of his weapon’s shaft, giving him enough time to turn around with a wide swipe of the halberd, forcing the clump of them backwards and giving him room to move.

His weapon struck out like a wild cat protecting itself, a principle understanding of the usage of the weapon currently carrying him further than the actual practice itself. There seemed to be something about the weapon that he himself didn’t quite understand but was enough to keep these creatures at bay, coming at him one at a time rather than mobbing him and tearing him to pieces. Another came with speed, however, and Tsubasa jumped back from its first clawing strike, parrying the second with his weapon. This was not exactly made for one on one close combat, however, and bringing it back so quickly was a little beyond him, thus the third strike caught him in the gut, forcing him to step back. There was a thin barrier between him and the strike itself that kept him from being immediately disemboweled by the strike.

Tsubasa kept his distance regardless and as the creature struck again, he shuffled back just enough to miss the initial strike and rolled along the creature’s arm, almost like a dancer repositioning herself behind her partner. The primary difference, of course, was that when Tsubasa ended up back to back with this creature he jerked his head backwards and smashed it against the demon’s. The totality of the thickness of the skull of a creature of the damned sent from the darkest realms of hell was nothing compared to the stubborn hard head of the average teenager. As the creature stumbled forward into the stone wall, Tsubasa sent a side kick into it, then spun around and delivered his halberd into its neck.

You okay?” He said quietly, spinning his weapon one more time in order to face the group again.

Ahab popped up from the front side of his hoodie, two separate heads now sharing the neckline of this coat. His eyes and ears were all that were visible so as to not block Tsubasa’s line of sight, but from underneath the protection of the jacket he said, “How about you tell me next time you’re about to reverse head-butt someone? You were trying to kill me, I’m convinced of it.

You knew what I was doing. I trusted you,” Tsubasa responded, dancing with another one of these grotesque creations. His mana had returned enough for him to create a small sphere of electricity which he shoved into the midsection of this creature, exploding out of it like fireworks of electricity. “I did not intend to do that.” He murmured, looking at his own hand. He barely had time to contemplate this before another attack came at him from the front.

Ahab was currently taking shelter there, which meant Tsubasa had to turn himself to the side, forfeiting any block or dodging opportunity in order to protect the stupid little flying squirrel that he would rather die than see any harm come to. The creature slashed at his arm and got a few lucky claws into the flesh, “Bitch!” Tsubasa shouted in response. But before he could do anything there was a furry green blur climbing up the demon’s arm and clawing into its face.

The little ball of anger swarmed the demon’s head in a one rat flurry of claws and teeth, practically parroting a rampaging shoal of piranhas all by himself. By the time Tsubasa recovered and sliced through the demon, there was really barely any of its face left. Ahab returned to the safety of Tsu’s hood, his face and claws covered in blood, absolutely none of which was his own. “You could’ve gotten hurt!” Tsubasa exclaimed.

You did get hurt!” Ahab responded. It was using Tsu’s hood to clean itself. “These unruly miscreants are getting too uppity, we should regroup with Merc.

Miss Mercury, geez. Where are your manners?” The mobbing crowd of rampaging demons was lessening due to being, well, dead, but the remaining group seemed to have a growing desperation that whatever their fear of his blade was seemed to no longer be able to deter. As the remainder of them decided to pounce on him all at once, there was a strange tugging at the front of his hoodie and in a flash of green smoke he reappeared right in front of his lovely new friend just as she would be turning to look his way. So quick was the jerking motion that brought him before her that it seemed as though he had just somehow took a stumbling step in front of her. “Hey,” He said, catching himself. He dusted off his hoodie as though appearing in a mysterious flash of green smoke was the most natural thing ever. “Did I miss the Thaggin?” Internally, however, he was under the assumption that she had done something to summon him there, as he had absolutely no idea how he had managed to literally teleport himself from one place to another.

STATS

Spell1:
    Spell 2:
    Abilities Used:
    Weapons Used:
    ivyleaf33 of FTRP

Mercury Arseneault
    Mercury Arseneault

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Mercury Arseneault 8th June 2020, 8:24 pm

Mercury Banner
    Right as Mercury looked up to try and figure out what was going on with Tsubasa, she found him stumbling to a stop right in front of her. While she didn’t jump back, it was clear she was surprised by him being right there when she’d expected him to still be several meters away. “Speedy little thing, aren’t you?” she commented with an amused smirk, giving him an appraising look. “Nope, we haven’t missed Thakken. He hasn’t shown himself yet, but I imagine it’s only a matter of time.” She glanced around to take stock of the square. At this point, any civilians that weren’t possessed yet were holed up in the library, and those who were possessed were safely locked in cages where they would be safe until a way could be figured out for them to be handled properly. Everything that was left after that were demons, and their population had dwindled quickly between her turrets and Tsubasa’s own efforts.

Her internal sensors informed her that Tsubasa was experiencing some blood loss. That, and she could smell the coppery plasma quite well from this close, even over the scent of demon blood littering the area. “I see you made some friends,” Mercury said candidly, lifting up his arm and giving it a look over with a firm but mindful hand, much like a mother might. It certainly wasn’t a grievous injury, but it also looked like it probably hadn’t felt good. It was also still actively bleeding, which wouldn’t do. They still had a bit of fighting to do, and the last thing either of them needed was him getting dizzy or faint.

She reached into one of her pouches and pulled out a small cylindrical device. “Ahab, how’re you doing in there, chief?” Mercury asked without looking up from the wound, checking on the squirrel that was tucked away in Tsubasa’s hood even as she tended to the young man’s minor injury. “Hope you don’t mind needles.” She’d barely finished the sentence by the tip she placed the tip of the cylinder on his arm and a needle quickly shot out and pierced his flesh, pumping a small amount of medicine into him. He would probably be a little surprised at how easy it actually was. The needle was impossibly thin, to the point where he likely felt little more than a mild pinch. A second barely passed before she was already pulling it away and tucking the cylinder back in her pouch. Meanwhile, before his eyes the wound began to clear and heal up within seconds, the bleeding slowing to a stop and his flesh repairing itself and closing back together.

“There we go, good as new,” she told him with a grin. “Now, let’s see if we can draw our buddy out. Bear with me, here, I wanna try something. While I encourage him to come out and play, why don’t you find an advantageous spot and set yourself up. With any luck, I can keep him distracted enough that he won’t even notice you and you can find a nice opportune time to swoop in and help me flank him.” She winked playfully, then reached once more into one of her pouches. This time, she pulled out several small, circular drones about the size of golfballs. Despite not having any propellers, when Mercury tossed them gently up into the air they hovered several feet above the ground in line with her head, awaiting commands.

She took her tablet out of a pocket and punched a few codes in. The drones quickly zipped off into the large building at the north end of the square that appeared to be the city’s main hall. She could feel a strong demonic presence from that building and was fairly certain that was where Thakken was hiding. Mercury watched the live feed on her tablet as the drones zoomed quickly through the halls in pursuit of her prey until they eventually found him. With an almost sadistic little smirk, she punched another command and the room he was in filled itself with a bright pristine white just like she’d done earlier. Thakken’s roar of pain was so loud that they would be able to hear it from several meters away outside of the building, the structure and the ground around it shaking violently in protest with his agony. Even what remained of the other demons outside screeched and clutched their heads as though connected to his pain.

A few seconds later, one of the walls exploded as Thakken threw himself out of the holy light and into the open square. He was radiating with an anger so thick that one wouldn’t need to be an empath to feel it. He was gasping for breath and growling viciously, looking around as he regained in balance until his glowing eyes settled on Mercury, still smirking arrogantly as she slipped the tablet away. “Well, well, well. Look who finally decided to join the party.” He was about as terrifying looking as one might expect from a demon, with a gaunt face and body structure and dark skin. The cranium on his head seemed to have been replaced with a number of inky, sharp looking tendrils of darkness. He wore oversized dark robes that ebbed and flowed in the air like smoke trapped in glass.

He fixed a glare on her that probably would have frozen most people in their tracks, and she certainly did feel a bit of literal iciness coming from his aura, which explained some of the ice wraiths she’d fought earlier. But at this point Mercury had been in so many battles with creatures far scarier than demons that the look barely moved her. The truth was that she still didn’t really understand the weight of what a demon really was, which also left her a little disenchanted from being face to face with one. Or well, with another one. He glanced around at the carnage around her, seeing his budding army destroyed before he really got the chance to do anything with it. Then, his gaze was back on her. “Foolish mortal,” he spat at her, straightening himself up and slowly descending toward her. “You dare to interfere in my work? I will strip the flesh from your body and feed your quivering mass to the hounds of hell..!”

“Ooo, scary,” Mercury said, sounding more excited than intimidated. “Also unoriginal. Which is really sad because I was kind of holding out hope that maybe Jadus was just playing your stupidity off as a joke to make himself sound more important than he is, but it looks like he wasn’t exaggerating after all. It’s kind of disappointing, but that’s on me, not you. I was warned.”

Thakken stopped the second that Mercury mentioned Jadus’ name, his glowing eyes narrowing on her. “How do you…” His voice trailed off and he examined her more closely. “You! Your Jadus’ pet. The filthy little mortal he took under his wing.”

Mercury frowned at him. “Well, that’s just rude,” she told him. “I’m hardly filthy. I shower every day, thank you very much, and I can’t help it when your pathetic little lackeys bleed all over me while I kill them. If these stains are permanent, you owe me a new outfit.”

The demon chuckled darkly. “Oh, I am going to enjoy this. What did he think you were going to accomplish with the demon magic he’s been teaching you? That power will not harm me! If anything, it will make me stronger. But if he wants to throw your life away, I will happily oblige.”[/color]

“I think you might be surprised by the kind of tricks I can pull out of my sleeves.” Smirking, she raised her pistol and aimed it at him. “But by all means, underestimate me. That’s my kink.” Thakken launched himself at her with a malicious snarl, and Mercury took off running, firing shot after shot at him while keeping on the move to make him chase her. With any luck, he’d stay focused on her long enough for Tsubasa to find an opening to slip in a deliver an effective surprise attack.

WORDS: 1418/6033 | @Tsubasa Kageyama
    Serilda Sinclair

Tsubasa Kageyama
    Tsubasa Kageyama

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Tsubasa Kageyama 11th June 2020, 6:07 am

WC
    1444/6220 words 12253/14000TWC
    TAGGED
    @Mercury Arseneault
    Who is that high lord?
    Who'd kill a million of us?
    And as the bell tolls...
    Is there no remission for us?

By her comment, Tsu gathered that it wasn’t Miss Mercury who summoned him to this particular spot. This vexed him, which wasn’t exactly anything new, but it was still vexing. Wait if she didn’t do that then who… Tsubasa’s train of thought was cut off by the next statement out of her mouth. “Right. Thakken is a person. I knew that.” He nodded the knowing nod of someone caught lying about a level of physics they didn’t yet understand.

At her mention of his friends, he looked at his own form. He had been struck a few times. Now that the battlefire in him was balancing with a proper mindset, he could see and distinguish what blood was his and what wasn’t. “I mean yeah,” He responded as she looked him over, staying otherwise still like an obedient son, “I had to let them get some hits in, you know? It’s not fair otherwise.” There was nothing in him that was seriously trying to act tough. After all the blood was literally still trickling from his body. “Everyone knows battling demons is all about fairness.

Ahab joined in the conversation at this point, “Oh me? I’m fine. He’s lucky I was there to protect him. Killed that one myself.” He stretched lazily as though destroying the face of a monster ten times his size was nothing new to him. “In case anyone is keeping tabs, or writing down scores or anything.” At the mention of needles he perked up and looked out of the hoodie, holding the camera with him. “Tsu hates needles.

I do not, I’m just— Ah c-cupcakes!” Thankfully, for the young man’s own sake, he still had the presence of mind to be polite in the presence of Miss Mercury. The eyes can trick the brain into things seeming worse than they are, and Tsu’s mind did so with needles. The tiny little pinch, in his mind, was a massive invasion of a giant hypodermic needle that pierced his very flesh and somehow lead to the opposite of bleeding. However, before he had time to complain any more, the pain ceased completely. He examined the wound clearing up and said, “Oh. Well. That’s convenient. You make those?

The topic switched to the Thaggin— to Thakken — and Tsubasa serious’d up for the information dump. He nodded in confirmation of his part and said “You got it,” then threw the little dumpling she’d given him towards the ground, stepping on it as it spread out into a rideable shape. He zoomed into the air, passing her golfballs on the way up. As he rode up he said, “Okay I almost have an idea but first we need to put the camera somewhere stationary. Where it can see the action. Also we have to solve this whole camera problem if it seems like you’re going to join the action more often.

Are you suggesting I can’t do both?” Ahab asked, climbing down into Tsubasa’s front pocket, where an unusual amount of things seemed to be capable of being stored. He came out with a small stationary tripod for the camera in between his teeth extending it and setting the camera on it as Miss Mercury enacted her plan. The shockwave rumbled the little disc but not enough to stop him from landing on the roof of city hall as Thakken burst out of one of the walls.

He’s gonna pay for that,” Tsubasa murmured.

You’re mad about that?” Ahab said as he affixed the camera to the roof.

No, I mean he will literally have to pay for it. No insurance will cover act of necromancer.” As he sat and watched the verbal sparring session between the two of them, he contemplated what his next move would be. Miss Mercury was counting on him to come out with something that would take Thakken by surprise, when clearly Tsubasa was the weakest link in the fight. His mind raced for the most effective thing he could do against something this big and powerful. A necromancer demon with the fires of hell bleeding off of him wasn’t something Tsubasa had faced before. The reason he'd gotten Ahab to work on the camera stand was to get him far enough away that he didn't try to follow Tsu for this part, after all.

But now wasn’t time to be scared, and now wasn’t time to doubt himself. He stood up and took a deep breath. Yeah. That was it.

Tsubasa,” Ahab said with a tentative step towards his larger counterpart, “What are you about to do?

Something stupid, probably,” Tsubasa said. He waited until just the right moment and jumped off of the roof.

- - - - -

Meanwhile, Thakken was kind enough to play the game of Jadus’ newest little bitch. She would tire around the time he got bored and then he would take his time tearing her apart. In the back of his mind was the little boy on the roof who was talking to little pest. Three little insects to make Jadus regret meddling with his plans.

He dodged her shots with ease, sensing a pattern in her movements that even she may not be aware of. Mortals were so easy to decipher. A grin too wide for his face growing on his sallow face. “Let me guess,” He said, “You’re going to be the bait until that little worm above me can do something? I think you’ve both underestimated me. Trust me, little girl, I will give you both ample time to regret your decision.” As she fired another shot, a large blade that glowed like blue lightning loosed from its sheath with a singing cry and snapped the shot right back at her.

But don’t worry. I’ll give you the pleasure of letting you watch him die first. I wonder if he’ll cry out to you for help? I think when he realizes you got him into this, he will lose hope. Don’t you?” He raised up the sword and a large flame ignited over it, burning bright blue with such overflowing energy that it would almost certainly clear out half of the city. For all his words, he didn’t seem keen on letting her survive.

Hey,” Tsubasa said as he landed in front of the necro-creature. He was on one knee, mimicking her hero landing from before and staring down at the ground. Cool guys never look at explosions.

What was that?” Thakken asked. He looked down at the young boy then up at Jadus’ pet. “You trusted this one to help you? I am disappointed at the foolishness of all of you.

Give it a second.” Tsubasa said, mentally counting down.

What kind of childish nonsense is-- Wh-what?!” There wasn't an actual explosion, unfortunately. Just a strange popping sound coming from Thakken's body, and then his arm started to float away from the rest of him. Thakken’s arm, the one holding the blade, was literally disconnecting from itself as though something had created a rift between two parts of what remained of his demonic bicep. Which, Tsubasa had. Not something Tsubasa would be able to do in an active battle, but utilizing the ability Wynna taught him to create a shield allowed him to plant the seed of a black hole which had expanded just enough to sever the arm from itself. It couldn’t feed enough to grow beyond that, and thus collapsed into itself, hence the little pop. The arm, however, was lost. It fell harmlessly to the ground as the weapon extinguished. “You’ve done nothing but piss me off you little insect!

Insect trope. Tired.” Tsubasa said, turning around just in time to evade a large slashing swipe from Thakken’s other arm. The ground where he’d been a moment later was seared with blackened energy. “Before you get mad. Got a question for you big guy.

His eyes went black and he made eye contact with Thakken, “What are you afraid of?

The two of them froze together, with Tsubasa clearly exerting a dangerous amount of energy on keeping the Necromancer still for even a short time. In order to complete this spell, Tsubasa had to focus on a specific fear which, for a demon such as Thakken, was something incomprehensibly dark. Blood was dripping from Tsu's nose as he quickly reached the limit of his ability. Thakken was apparently on the level of Mercury’s own benefactor, who was likely worlds stronger than Tsu himself. But he held on. He waited. He trusted as he had been trusted.

He’s as weak as I can make him. He thought. Do something, Miss Merc. Gimme something big.

STATS

Spell1:
    Spell 2:
    Abilities Used:
    Weapons Used:
    ivyleaf33 of FTRP

Mercury Arseneault
    Mercury Arseneault

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Mercury Arseneault 2nd August 2020, 12:17 pm

Mercury Banner
    Mercury grinned all the while as Tsubasa talked about equality in fighting demons and giving them a fair shot. The more time she spent with the young man, the more she liked him. His sense of humor played nicely against her own, and he was exceptionally easy going even in the face of overwhelming adversity. Ahab poked his head out of the hoodie at the mention of needles, commenting on how Tsubasa hated them and electing that moment to tune in for the show, apparently. Tsu didn’t even get the chance to really protest before she’d pierced him with the injection and he quickly did a verbal backpedal into nearly swearing. By the time she finished putting the syringe away, he was already feeling better and noticing the medicine’s effects. “I do make those,” she answered with a small smirk when he asked. “If you have any interest in chemistry, I can show you later how to make the compound yourself.” There was nothing magical about what she’d just used on him, so if he had any affinity for science, as he clearly did, then he could learn how to create something just as effective on his own.

She pitched her suggestion for Tsubasa to set himself up as a surprise element while Mercury would act as bait to draw the demon out. He was gone in a flash, zipping up and away while she set to using her drones to force Thakken out of hiding with her recently discovered holy magic. The demon came stumbling out, angry and indignant as most demons were -- no offense, Jadus. And of course, his tune changed the instant he realized exactly who she was. Throughout their exchange, Mercury was carefully calculating the odds and generating strategies in her head. It was impossible to do so fully, as Tsu would be a wild element that she couldn’t fully account for. But unless he did something insanely drastic, his actions shouldn’t really get in the way of her own. All she needed was an opening.

Thakken came at her and she took off, firing pot shot after pot shot in his general direction, not really trying to hit him. Her gun wouldn’t necessarily be of much use in this fight, and as such the weapon wasn’t really her focus. Instead, she was putting more thought into not just keeping herself moving, but watching where she was going. With each step she took, Mercury left tiny electronic devices in her wake. Too small to see with the naked eye, the devices fell from the soles of her shoes and burrowed into the surface of the ground where they awaited further instruction. While her path seemed sporadic, there was a very distinct methodology to it as she moved in an unseen pattern, placing the little gadgets in a way that would connect them all to one another once activated.

Thakken yakked at her the whole while, mocking her tactic and calling it out for what it was. At least, when it came to acting as the bait for Tsubasa to swoop in. The demon made it very clear that he knew what she was up to, and even taunted her by saying that he would take pleasure in making Mercury watch as he killed the younger man slowly, crying out to her for help and losing his hope. Sadly, it wasn’t a very effective tactic for taunting her. While she very much liked Tsubasa so far, to call Mercury an individual who was emotionally inept was beyond an understatement. She’d never had a single relationship in her life, healthy or otherwise, growing up. As such, she’d never really learned to connect with people or care about them. Vandrad was the first person she’d ever learned to trust, and even then she still wasn’t quite there yet. As such, sad to say though it was, Mercury wouldn’t have been too broken up or moved by the demon torturing… well, anyone in front of her.

Thankfully, it wouldn’t come to that as Tsubasa was not one to be underestimated. Even as Thakken finished threatening the young man’s life, the self same target of his venom dropped in front of him quicker than the demon could react to, causing Mercury to smirk. How often did people forget that just because they knew what someone’s strategy was did not guarantee being able to outplay or avoid it? Nothing seemed to happen right away, and Tsubasa was doing little more than just kneeling there, but Mercury wasted no time. She didn’t trust people on an emotional level, but as far as doing work and getting a job done she did have full faith that Tsubasa was more than capable on delivering as she’d asked him to do. So rather than focus on making sure he was okay, she used the precious few seconds he was giving her to finish setting up her trap.

Mercury continued to move, despite the fact that she was no longer actively firing at Thakken, making the last few strides in the directions she needed to complete the design she’d been forming with her devices. By the time she was done and turned back around, the demon was missing his sword arm and being held perfectly still by some sort of magical force Tsu was controlling. There was blood dripping from his nose and she could see the strain of how much effort he was utilizing just to perform this one task. It was impressive, more than impressive. Mercury honestly wasn’t sure she could have done it, and not just because she didn’t really have magic the way most others did.

She waited only a half a beat longer than she probably should have to act, captivated by Tsubasa’s skill despite herself, before lifting her tablet before her. Her free hand lingered above the device, a single finger hovering over the button on the touch screen that would activate the trap. Finally, she pressed her finger against the screen. All the small devices that she’d been depositing on the ground lit up with a brilliant white energy that crackled like electricity, the beams snapping out to connect the devices together like traces on a motherboard. Together, they formed a runic looking circle that stretched several dozen meters around the demon, who was caught in the relative center of the space. Tsubasa, being as close to Thakken as he was, would also be caught in the trap but he would find himself uninjured by any of the light or sparks that danced around his feet. The opposite would be true for the demon, who roared out in pain, his spine arching violently backward as his body seized and buckled under the intense pressure of the holy power that was smiting him from the inside out. He tried desperately to fight it, his eyes wild with rage and agony as he twisted to face Mercury, who had casually approached to stand beside Tsubasa with a devious little smirk.

“How?” he asked, his voice strained and gravelly. “Jadus could not have given you this power. What are you?”

Reaching into a pouch, she pulled out two pairs of fashionable goggle-like sunglasses. She gave one pair to Tsubasa and put the other on her face before standing in comfortable confidence with one hand on her hip and the other still holding her mobile device, thumb resting over the screen. “Now now, if I gave you the answer to that question, what mystery would you have left to entertain you back in hell?” she asked him pleasantly. “When you pass by Jadus on the way down, do be a dear and give him a little wave for me, will you?”

And with that, her thumb pressed itself upon the screen and the connected devices flashed, creating a several meter wide pillar of blinding light that swallowed the three of them whole. With the sunglasses on, she and Tsubasa would be able to keep their eyes from burning out of their sockets. After all, just because the nature of the energy wasn’t hostile to either of them didn’t mean that the light itself wouldn’t blind them like any normal light would if it were bright enough, especially since they were standing in the middle of it. Since Ahab was further away with the camera, he would find the pillar a bit difficult to look at directly but would otherwise be fine and not in any danger of losing his sight. The beam burned up into the sky and piercing the heavens for several long seconds before disappearing, and when it finally waned, Thakken was gone without a trace.

“Oh good, that actually worked,” Mercury commented candidly as though she hadn’t been entirely sure it would. Mostly because she really hadn’t been sure it would. She turned to grin at Tsubasa. “Not bad, champ. You did pretty good today. Consider me impressed.”

WORDS: 1512/7545 TOTAL: 13,765 | @Tsubasa Kageyama
    Serilda Sinclair

Tsubasa Kageyama
    Tsubasa Kageyama

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Tsubasa Kageyama 24th August 2020, 8:53 am

WC
    621/6841 words; 14,386 Total
    TAGGED
    @tagged
    Our mother has been absent
    Ever since we founded Rome
    But there's gonna be a party
    when the wolves come home

Though he had practiced the technique and had become much stronger since learning about it, Tsubasa found himself at his limit fairly quickly when it came to meeting Thakken’s gaze and holding it. A part of the spell, perhaps the heaviest toll, was that Tsubasa was forced to share the nightmares that each person feared. They usually came to him in blurs of darkness, as the average fear of any person didn’t coalesce into a being or a particular shape but remained as a shadow, a shade of a fear that almost proved to him that it was the unknown that everyone feared. Honestly, since learning this spell he had become more comfortable with his own fears.

However, he had only thus far tried it on humans and once, for the briefest of instances, on a low class demon. Thakken was not that. He had seen and experienced things that mortals could not fathom. His fears were real and they were known. They pressed into Tsubasa’s mind with numbing force, feeling like thin tentacles of static stretching across his brain. The fears, that which he couldn’t describe but felt as though he would never be able to unsee, took his mind millimeter by millimeter, almost purposefully disconnecting his thoughts from his movement. The only thing that kept him from breaking the spell was that it did not occur to him that he could just stop. Miss Mercury had given him a task and as far as he knew, it was to be done to completion. Failure, as an option, hadn’t been suggested.

Thankfully it was only half an eternity before the air around both of them started to spark with energy. As the demon’s gaze was torn from Tsubasa, the young man jerked back, shouting in pain himself. The thing string of energy between them tore ferociously, cracking like a whip. Blood had streaked down his nose onto his shirt and his eyes had gone red as though he’d simultaneously burst two very ugly blood vessels. The trap sprung around them, filling the area with a radiating light. Though it had been expected to do nothing to Tsubasa, the light within her magic mixed with that which flowed through his veins and triggered something… different. The damage performed by his own spell seemed to disappear as quickly as it had arrived. He scrambled backwards into a standing position just as Miss Mercury arrived at his side.

He took the goggles without looking and slipped them on before the light multiplied infinitely and washing over them and cleansing him more than physically. The thoughts that had come with capturing Thakken began to fade, receding into a distant memory of a face seen just before closing your eyes to go to sleep. It struck him, however, what he saw as the last fear that Thakken had. The one that arrived just as their contact broke and what was probably going to stick with the demon for the longest.

As the light show cleared up, he slid the goggles down to his neck and said, “Oh good you weren’t the only one uncertain about your part in that.” At the genuine compliment he smiled, “Thanks Miss Mercury, I feel pretty good about how I did. And it was awesome to finally see you in action.” As Ahab flew down from his perch, landing on Tsubasa’s head, Tsu reached up and scritched the little squirrel’s head. Ahab allowed it for just a moment before he realized they were being watched and batted Tsu’s hand away.

Something that might tickle your funny bone,” Tsubasa said, “That guy had a lot of really weird fears, but something new entered his fear dictionary at the end there. Us.

STATS

Spell1:
    Spell 2:
    Abilities Used:
    Weapons Used:
    ivyleaf33 of FTRP

Current date/time is 18th May 2024, 11:40 pm