Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

A Test of Might! [Kyran vs. Aven!]

Aven Alveron
    Aven Alveron

1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Dark Matter Ascendant
    Position : None
    Guild : Fairy Tail
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 1,644,378

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Circle Magic.
    Second Skill: Dark Matter Transcendency.
    Third Skill: Dark Matter Ascendancy.

A Test of Might! [Kyran vs. Aven!] Empty A Test of Might! [Kyran vs. Aven!]

Post by Aven Alveron 9th October 2019, 3:31 pm

The wind sailed high over the foothills of Tolgalen, carrying hushed whispers and promises. A soft wave of leaves, freshly freed from their duties, skittered past a young man in a pearly white suit, taking a moment to chatter around him as he sat, legs crossed among the grass. His eyes opened, daring a glance at the clouds, and plucking one of the leaves from he dervish around him. Someone's coming? Odd, he'd chosen Tolgalen for it's vast, unexplored and uninhabited expanse, a place where he could concentrate on overcoming his doubts and fears. He'd been in seclusion for almost three months, at this point, and had been untroubled by everything but mother nature and her fold. Aven closed his eyes once more, allowing the leaf to float away with it's flock, now bearing the magical signatures of two wizards.

Thoughts streamed past his consciousness, as he broadened his senses to search for the newcomer. The magic energy he'd sensed on the leaf was faint, likely once from proximity, but the direction of the wind suggested it's source was toward the mountain; furthermore, it had hints of Angelic energy within its makeup. Regardless of friend or foe, however, with the sheer amount of time he'd spent on that hilltop, Aven's magical energy was abound, soaked into the very soil of the nature surrounding him. The newcomer would certainly notice his presence, it was only a matter of whether they would take interest, for better or worse. With his magic sensory outstretched, he waited to feel the familiar twinge of another wizard's presence, as a golden light reached out from his form, searching his surroundings for any hint of murderous intent.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Word Count: 281.]
    [Word Count Total: 281.]

HP: 200.
    MP: 3417/3417.

Spells Used:

_____________________________________________________________________________________

A Test of Might! [Kyran vs. Aven!] Aven_Sig
    Kyran
    Kyran

Main Account- Get Married- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- A-Rank- Wanderer- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- Teaming Up!- Unknown Powerhouse- Achiever- Obligatory Beach Episode- Shipped- Sticking Around- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Player 
    Lineage : Inner Presence
    Partner : Gaia
    Guild : Meliora Vitae
    Mentor : Sol
    Experience : 1,302,466

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Mystic Blood Beasts
    Second Skill: Flame God Slayer 2nd Gen
    Third Skill: Sky Demon Slayer 2nd Gen

A Test of Might! [Kyran vs. Aven!] Empty Re: A Test of Might! [Kyran vs. Aven!]

Post by Kyran 10th October 2019, 2:41 pm

Kyran flew through the air. Wind swirled beneath Kyran's feet, propelling the mage through the air. The new demon slayer had been secluded within the mountains of Tolgalen for a few months. All without contact with his wife. Gaia was one of many thoughts on his mind. Among the others, his daughter was on his mind. His dead daughter. The one he'd failed to save. The reason he'd disappeared into the mountains was due to that. Kyran had launched a seven pronged attack using Onyx Moon resources. Seven teams swooped down upon the facilities of the kidnapper - who just happened to be Kyran's brother. All seven black sites had been destroyed. Gruen, Kyran's brother, had critically injured Kyran's daughter to escape. His brother's cruel smile was forever burned into his memory. The bastard was still loose somewhere.

Having failed to save someone dear to him, Kyran had spiraled out of control. The corrupted slayer lacrima hadn't helped. The lacrima, Kyran's depression, and his demons had sent the mage into an uncontrollable rage. He'd slaughtered any demon in his way. A few escaped him. The new demon slayer had chased them into the mountains. The last few months had been spent wiping out any demon village he could find. No demon he'd spotted had escaped him.

The redhead looked at his hands. For a moment, it appeared to be covered in blood. "I... I killed them. I killed them all. They're dead. Every single one of them. Not just the men but the women and the children too. What have I done?" His actions hadn't hit him until then. His rage had consumed him. All he'd desired was to hurt those around him. The spell holding him aloft faltered briefly. Now Ruvel expected him to lead the people of the West Fiore Trading Company and, by extension, Onyx Moon? Was that even possible for him? Kyran's mind began to race. All at once, his spell failed.

Kyran plummeted through the air. Casting the spell again, the redhead barely caught himself above the ground. That would have hurt even with his quirk. A mage stood nearby. A powerful one, now that Kyran was focusing on him. Perhaps he was what had drawn the slayer in this direction. He'd been flying aimlessly. The power pouring off this mage, saturated into the very nature of the hill definately would have drawn him hence. Lowering himself to the ground, Kyran straightened his clothing. A quick inventory. Duster, vest, white shirt, black pants, and boots. All accounted for. Kyran stepped toward the stranger. His hand was out in greeting. "Hello! My name... uh, I am... Call me Kyran" He rubbed the back of his head with his free hand. "What might you be doing in these parts?"

WC: 463
    TWC: 463

HP: 775
    MP: 500

Spells Used:

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Aven Alveron
    Aven Alveron

Character Sheet

Post by Aven Alveron 11th October 2019, 1:03 pm

A young man... He looks my age. The approaching wizard was, indeed, imbued with some Angelic magic, but now that he was closer, it was far overshadowed by it's counterpart. Demonic magic roiled off of him like steam; though, whether gained by proximity, produced by his own power, or a mixture of both, was a mystery to Aven. He was dressed casually, and his approach appeared nonthreatening on the surface, but Aven sensed a lingering bloodlust about him: even the faint smell of blood, itself, wafted from his clothing, accenting the young man's crimson hair.

The newcomer approached, introducing himself as 'Kyran', fumbling over his words in a disarming fashion. Aven hadn't heard the name before, but the aura Kyran gave off hinted at a competency in magic. With a small exhale, Aven raised a finger, and a barrier of golden light blinked into existence and extended out into a circle around him, halting Kyran's advance ten feet from him. Even though Aven didn't sense any murderous intent directed towards himself, there was certainly a murderous aura around the young man, and it was enough to give him pause. "I'd ask you the same, Kyran: what convinced you to approach me, today?" He didn't rise, but he did allow the barrier to dissipate; it'd been a signal to Kyran, a warning that his guard was up. Aven made solid eye contact before continuing, his usual smile distant and faint."I am Aven Alveron, of Fairy Tail. I hope our chance crossing is one of fortune, don't you? Myself, I've been reflecting on my failures for the past few months, growing my connection to magic through meditation in these wild hills." He paused, seeming to look past Kyran's eyes, into something deeper. He saw, behind a veil of anger, the aching pain of regret. "Have you, too, found yourself lacking?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spells Used:

Kyran
    Kyran

Main Account- Get Married- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- A-Rank- Wanderer- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- Teaming Up!- Unknown Powerhouse- Achiever- Obligatory Beach Episode- Shipped- Sticking Around- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Player 

Character Sheet

Post by Kyran 11th October 2019, 1:46 pm

The barrier was a surprise. Kyran flattened his hand against it. A pulse of magic moved steadily beneath his palm. This mage was powerful. There was little doubt about that. It reminded Kyran of his first serious fight against another mage. Sol had put him in a battle test for his entrance into WFTC. At the time, the difference in their strength had been a chasm. If Sol had been serious, Kyran wouldn't have lasted ten seconds. There was a similar chasm between himself and this mage. An old feeling stirred in his stomach. The need to challenge himself. The desire to feel the thrill of battle as he aimed to overcome an impassable obstacle. It had been a long time since he'd felt that.

The barrier vanished. Kyran could see the guarded stance of the other mage. Curious. He wondered what had set off that need. There was no blood on him. He'd not attacked the man either. Best to ignore it for now. He let his hand drop and stayed where he was. "I truly do not know, Mr. Alveron. I was lost in thought, apparently drifting in your direction all the while." He spread his arms to indicate the hilltop. "Perhaps the magic infused into this place called to me. A chance of soothing my troubled mind." There was little need to answer the second question the mage had posed. There had been no deliberate attempt to find this Aven. It was only fortune that brought them together.

The last question Aven posed had Kyran turning his head. He looked out onto the scenery below them. "I find myself lacking a great many things, Mr. Alveron. Namely, the strength to protect those dear to me. Recently I've learned I may lack any semblance of a heart as well." His lip curled in a rueful smile. "My wife won't be happy to hear that. She bet everything on our love. But can one have love without a heart?" The redhead turned back toward the Fairy Tail member. He contemplated Aven for a short while. "Has your meditation brought you answers, Mr. Alveron? Or has it only been time spent agonizing over what you could have done?"

WC: 369
    TWC: 832

Spells Used:

Aven Alveron
    Aven Alveron

Character Sheet

Post by Aven Alveron 11th October 2019, 3:57 pm

Aven listened intently, and his guard lowered steadily, as he gestured for Kyran to sit wherever he pleased. "Answers? Yes, a few... I was a fool, too naive for my own good, I suppose. Maybe, I can answer your question with my own?" A short pause, while Aven broke eye contact to gaze into the sky. "I fell in love with a girl, before I knew what love really was. When I look back, I think it was love at first sight; but, I treated her as a friend. I never told her, never took the risk, and because of that, she's with none other than my Wizarding Rival, Markus."

The air went silent, as thoughts were gathered once more, and Aven refocused onto Kyran."You say that you may not have a heart, and you're worried you can't love?" For the first time, Aven's face broke into a genuine smile, as he laughed brightly. "A heart is an organ, Kyran, not a center of emotion. Let me ask you: do you need a heart to hold your wife close? No, your arms can do that. Then, can she lean on your heart when trouble comes around? No, you can certainly lend her a shoulder to lean on. Is your voice not enough to say, 'I love you', or your longing to be near an illusion?" Aven shook his head softly. "You don't need a heart to love, Kyran: all you need is another person to share your love with."

Aven stretched, as he stood up, his legs creaking a bit from the strain. He'd been sitting for quite some time: the protest from his joints and muscles attested. He cracked his back, leaning down to regain a bit of flexibility. "As for your first problem, I won't know anything about that unless you show me. I've been sitting for months now, without a single chance to sharpen my skills! What would you say to a friendly bout? I can give you some advice on your 'strength' issue, and test my new capacity in the process."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Word Count: 346.]
    [Word Count Total: 934.]

Kyran
    Kyran

Character Sheet

Post by Kyran 11th October 2019, 8:39 pm

Kyran smiled coldly as Aven began laughing. The other mage had taken his words literally. A battle of wits could be initiated now if he chose to. "One has to wonder... the heart is usually linked to love. Could it not be so that it is the epicenter for this intangible, unquantifiable emotion as well as the center for our circulation system?" He spread his hands out wide. A wide smile split his face. "You do make a good point that love requires two..." The redheaded mage cut himself off there. His arms lowered. There was no point in arguing with this stranger. It would only serve his emotional need to challenge others, nothing more.

Kyran watching Aven standing up. Clear cracking echoed across the hilltop. It was a testament to how long the mage had been sitting there. "As much as I'd love to spar with you, this isn't the place for our bout. A little village lies no more than twenty miles in that direction. Given the power you're letting off, we might easily cause them damage." Kyran held up his hands to hold off any comments. That wasn't all he had to say. "That being said... I do have a place we can spar safely. Given I'm required to head back to HQ, this might be a good way to unveil the WFTC new VP. If you don't mind an audience, we can head that way and have them announce it. You'll have a few hours to warm up. Then we'll spar." It was killing two birds with one stone. Better yet, Kyran didn't have to deal with annoying questions or the public.

Regardless of Aven's answer, Kyran pointed his hand toward the sky. Pure magical energy created a brief beam. Within moments, a silver floating longboat appeared. Long sleek wings poked out from either side of the hull. A house-like construction sat near the stern. The deck was wide and open. Lacrima studded the keel. Each glowed with soft magical energy. Kyran grinned, hopping onto the deck. "Teleportation! Brilliant! Mr. Alveron, if you wouldn't mind climbing aboard. This will get us to HQ faster than personal magic or walking there." The distance to HQ was several weeks' worth of travel. Kyran didn't have that kind of time to waste. He could only imagine how furious Gaia was with him already.

WC: 395
    TWC: 1,227

HP: 775/775
    MP: 500/500

Spells Used:

Aven Alveron
    Aven Alveron

Character Sheet

Post by Aven Alveron 11th October 2019, 10:32 pm

Aven remained silent as Kyran spoke, accepting his invitation to battle, and firing back with an invitation of his own; though, his brow did raise at one particular detail. The West Fiore Trading Company's new VP, huh? That was Johann Von Weiss' position, if he recalled correctly. Did that mean Johann had taken the helm as President? An interesting thought, though not a surprising one: Aven had gone on a job with the older Gentleman years ago, exploring a mysterious island. Even back then, the man had been extraordinarily strong. He mused, wondering how powerful the man must have become.

Snapping back to reality, Aven shored up the majestic aircraft. It was impressive, especially considering it was summoned through magic, even sporting a living quarters! He did wonder whether it was summoned though an item, a spell, or kept within an alternate space akin to a requip, but such curiosities weren't important at the moment. From Aven's shadow, a small cloud of pitch black particles emerged, which hurried in front of him and solidified into a floating stairway. Aven climbed up casually onto the deck, the stairs dissembling back into particles and flowing into his shadow as he passed them. "A beautiful vessel, Kyran! I'll certainly take you up on your offer, though I am curious why you'd want to publicly exhibit a practice match like this one? Surely, you'd want to have a more even and exciting match for such an occasion?"

It was a puzzling prospect, at least to Aven. He thought it fairly obvious that the point of the practice match was not to win, but to test their magics against a real opponent. Aven did understand the thrill of battle, of course; it was a favorite past-time of his, and still excited him to this day! Still, just by standing next to Kyran, he could tell that there was little chance of the man breaking through any significant portion of his defenses. No doubt, judging by Kyran's comment about needed more than a twenty-mile radius of safety from civilization, the wizard assumed automatically that Aven's high level of magic equated to a high level of destruction. There'd certainly be a surprise waiting for Kyran when they started their practice, only to discover that nearly all of Aven's power is purely defensive in nature. Aven chuckled softly to himself at the irony, as it was wizards like Johann Von Weiss and Markus Eldridge's earth-shattering power that had inspired his protective specialty, so in theory, it was directly by the West Fiore Trading Company's influence that Kyran would have quite a difficult time in his own exhibition.

Curiosity struck once again, and Aven found himself unable to restrain it. "By the way, you mentioned you were the new Vice President of the West Fiore Trading Company: does that mean, then, that Johann Von Weiss has graduated to the position of President?"

[Word Count: 484.]
    [Word Count Total: 1414.]

Kyran
    Kyran

Character Sheet

Post by Kyran 14th October 2019, 2:46 pm

Kyran bowed at the gracious comment about his boat. It was his personal conveyance across Fiore. The fleets of the WFTC had more gorgeous vehicles. That was his own opinion though. The rest of Aven's comment had the new VP grinning. "Where is the fun in an even match? I look to test myself in battle. Besides, I'm not good at speeches...." Kyran scratched the back of his neck. He struggled to find the words for the rest of his thoughts. The boat lifted into the air during the pause. "I want to show them... I'm human...yet despite that, I'll fight against the odds for them. I'll never give up. I'm hoping this-" He waved a hand between the two of them. "-will manage to convey that."

The boat began to move through the air. The speed went faster. The wind whistled along the hull. Yet on the deck, there was no more wind than that to ruffle Kyran's hair. The redhead walked over to the foredeck. His head moved, angling his ear towards Aven as the other mage asked a question. The blood mage grimaced. That reminded him. Masha was going to be furious with him as well. Going into the mountains without a reliable way to contact his sister or his wife had been a bad idea. They were going to team up to skin him alive. The redhead shuddered slightly. Perhaps he should let Aven pummel him into the ground. Gain a little sympathy from the two of them. It might be just enough to avoid an unpleasant death.

Aven's question had to be answered. "I'm not sure of the circumstances but Mr. Von Weiss is no longer with the West Fiore Trading Company. He left to form a new guild - Dies Irae. They take a harder stance than the Rune Knights when facing down crime." Kyran lifted a hand as if holding a wine glass. "The Magic Council's own personal army." The redhead turned around to face Aven. His face was contemplative. "You have been out here a long time, Mr. Alveron. Fiore has probably changed since you last saw it. Are you prepared to face that reality?"

WC: 364
    TWC: 1,591

Aven Alveron
    Aven Alveron

Character Sheet

Post by Aven Alveron 18th October 2019, 10:16 pm

Aven's eyes tracked Kyran as the wizard spoke, and the vessel began it's journey. He took a moment to move closer to the center of the deck, a small gesture of his hand causing a swirl of black particles to rise and morph into an armchair. He relaxed down into it, letting himself sink lightly into the simulated leather; it'd taken ages to learn how to mimic organic materials such as leather with his Dark Matter creation, but it was worth every moment.

Meanwhile, Kyran spoke of his goals for the match, and Aven nodded in agreement. Testing his strength was a given, one Aven assumed from the start, but his point regarding public speaking held surprising merit. Aven had never been one for the trappings of politics, himself, so the idea of replacing a commencement or acceptance speech with a duel showcasing Kyran's skill struck his fancy, too. After all, actions speak louder than words, especially in the wizarding world; far too often, those kind of speeches are filled with nothing but empty promise and fancy rhetoric. It earned a small ounce of respect from Aven to know the other wizard was a man of action, though his potential as a wizard remained to be judged.

Kyran's response to Aven's second inquiry gave him pause. A harsher stance than the Rune Knights? The Rune Knight were normally proponents of incarceration, rather than execution, which raised several red flags: was this new guild based on capital punishment, and if so, what would constitute a target worthy of such extreme measures? In any case of the law, there were normally lines drawn, boundaries that, when crossed, would incur varying degrees of punishment on the offender. In a guild that operates above that law, acting as both the judge and enforcement of their own verdict, the lives of those who have broken the law rest in arbitrary decision, even possibly the whim of the wizard. Aven did agree that there were some souls beyond saving, he knew that, but until he learned what their parameters for punishment were, he couldn't condone that kind of establishment.

Aven's gentle smile hardened into a line, as his eyes wandered from Kyran and toward the clouds. The news wasn't at all what he'd expected, and as Kyran spoke of changes on the world, Aven couldn't have agreed more; even so, Aven was a nameless wizard, when compared to important figures like Johann, the Magic Council, and the myriad of Guild Leaders scattered throughout Fiore. Hell, he wasn't even an Ace of his own guild, though that had mostly risen from a lack of interest in the administrative work that came with it. If he wanted to help people, he knew that he'd eventually have to enter the public sector, putting himself not only in the limelight, but accruing awareness from the threats he'd look to abate. "The Magic Council's own personal army, hm? Well, the affairs of the Magic Council aren't mine to question; not yet, at least. As to whether I'm ready to face the world, I'd say I've never been more so. My toughest opponent, until now, has been my insecurities and lack of experience; with those issues resolved, I wonder if the world is ready for me?" His gaze flitted back to Kyran. "By your confidence, I'd guess you think you are?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Word Count: 560.]
    [Word Count Total: 1974.]

Kyran
    Kyran

Character Sheet

Post by Kyran 19th October 2019, 9:49 am

Kyran frowned at Aven's answer. Not his insecurities being his greatest opponent. Rather, that questioning the Magic Council wasn't his purview. His hometown council had run amok simply because no one questioned them. He wasn't going to tell Aven off though. Most people believed they couldn't do anything against those in power. They thought you needed a position of power to fight against those in power. His scars twinged in remembrance. If his teacher had fought for him, his body might not have any scars. The funniest part was that his scars were self-inflicted. All the scars that should have come from his torture had been healed away. The redhead rubbed his forearm.

"Is the world ever ready for anyone?" He mused softly. A small chuckle escaped his lips at Aven's assertion. "What you assume is confidence, Mr. Alveron, is a mask. I am not, and never have been, confident. My... family and village stripped that ability from me. I was forced to be strong..." Kyran looked down at the deck. Images of hell flashed through his head. Those memories would never fade. They'd been engraved into his skin, invisible but clearly felt. They were chains that tied him to the past. The blood mage unbuttoned his shirt, rolling it up to his elbow. The scars on his arm stood out under the half sleeve tattoo of chains. "This was the price of confidence when I was young. So, no confidence in facing the world here. Only grit and determination to keep going."

Kyran looked toward the ship's bow. "Now if you don't mind, Mr. Alveron, I have a couple of calls to make. My wife and sister haven't heard from me in a while." The redhead favored the white-haired mage with a bow. He headed belowdecks. There was no need to bother Aven with the yelling. After collecting his iLac, sending a message to HQ, and gathering a little courage, the redhead settled in to make the scariest calls of his life.

~Several Hours Later~

Kyran emerged from belowdecks, pale as the grave. He clutched his iLac in one hand. A few weapons now hung off his frame. "I hope you don't mind the weapons." Kyran managed to say. "With the power difference, I need all the help I can get." The ship began to slow down. The WFTC HQ was visible below. People were streaming through the doors. They could expect a sizable crowd. Kyran moved to stand by the rails. His hands clasped behind his back. "I hope you don't take it easy on me." Kyran said as the ship touched down. He glanced at his opponent. Aven held enough power to crush him into the dust. Though Ruvel did as well if the President was wholely offensive. It was better not to judge an opponent before you fought. That led to surprises that would end it all in an instant.

A ramp lowered from the ship. Kyran disembarked, waving to a few people as he did so. He didn't know anyone in the crowd. He felt like he needed to put on a good show. The new VP waited for Aven to exit the boat. "Right this way, Mr. Alveron. As you are my guest, please stay close to avoid activating any of our security measures. We take such things seriously here at the West Fiore Trading Company." A thin smile was flashed at Aven. Kyran led the way into the building. There were twists and turns as they wound their way inside. Upon approaching the training area, Kyran turned to Aven. "Here we are. I hope you rested well, Mr. Alveron. I may not stand much hope of beating you but that won't keep me from coming at you with everything I've got."

With that challenge hanging in the air, Kyran opened the doors. A windy hilltop greeted their eyes. It was not unlike the one they'd met on. No stands were in sight, nor could a crowd be seen. Kyran looked at Aven to gauge his reaction. Then he strode across the hilltop to take his position. The redhead sank into his fighting stance: body bladed, legs apart, one hand up at the ready, the other coiled against his ribs. "At the bell, Mr. Alveron."

WC: 711
    TWC: 2,302

Aven Alveron
    Aven Alveron

Character Sheet

Post by Aven Alveron 19th October 2019, 11:17 am

Aven's expression softened, as Kyran showed his scars, both mental and physical. He was no stranger to the dark; they were alike, in that respect. He showing his own, to put the other wizard at ease, but he decided against it, for the time being. It was plain to see, Kyran had yet to overcome the fear of his past, a crutch that likely held him back. It was Aven's philosophy to help others, and in that moment, he realized something else he'd be able to do for this kindred spirit. A faint smile graced his lips once more, as he began to run possible scenarios through his head, searching for the best options. He made no response as Kyran left below deck, only a nod, as he lost himself in thought.

The two wizards stood, side by side, as they descended to the West Fiore Trading Company's Headquarters. The buildings were appropriately large, about what he'd expected from such a powerhouse, but the crowd had been unexpectedly so. Publicity... he still wasn't thrilled with the idea of facing Kyran in front of an expectant crowd, especially one that was very likely hoping for their new VP to win. His opponent surfaced pale as death, likely already having fought and lost a different kind of battle. Unfortunate, that he'd be suffering a second loss, soon enough...

Kyran, on the other hand, kept his 'mask' steady, a single phrase trying to dismiss Aven's mercy. Aven glanced over to the wizard, meeting the man's gaze: there was certainly that determination he'd spoken of, burning behind the knowledge of an impending challenge. Aven sighed as the broke eye contact, and Kyran waved to the crowd. He hated to admit it, but Kyran wasn't wrong, just as he'd concluded in his brainstorming on the ship: if Aven were to hold back, he'd only be doing Kyran a disservice. No, if he was going to participate in this commencement battle, he would have to take it seriously. "As you wish."

Kyran led him through the crowd, down twisting corridors filled with the slightest hint of magical detection, and what he assumed to be traps for unwanted guests, the 'security measures' Kyran spoke of. The battlefield, however, was not as Aven had expected, cocking an eyebrow as the door swung open. His opponent cross the hilltop, taking a peculiar fighting stance. Aven's mind was already beginning to race, the thought of battle kicking it into high gear. He made sure the door were firmly close behind him, before he strode to face Kyran on the opposite side, his usual smile faded into a focused grit, and his posture widened into an open stance. His eyes locked with the other wizard, as they waited for the fateful commencement.

The Bell tolled loud and clear.

Barely an instant had passed, before a surge of pitch dark energy blasted a ten foot crater into the ground under Aven, the destroyed material becoming a vast collection of the same black particles Kyran had witnessed on the ship. The top half of Aven's suit disintegrated alongside the ground, and a secondary wave of energy, pure magic this time, spread across the arena, as his magic pressure multiplied by nearly five. For a few moments, Aven's bare skin was visible, as the dark particles swirled beneath his feet, keeping him aloft: his chest and arms were fully covered on long, golden scars, pulsing softly with light to contrast the sea of darkness around him. The moments passed, however, and dark veins quickly spread around the scars, his skin taking on the same hue as the cloud of Dark Matter below him. His hair was awash with golden light, and his azure irises disappeared, replaced by a sea of twinkling lights. Finally, six radiant golden wings burst from behind him, a halo appearing above him as golden light bathed the arena. Aven's voice echoed as he spoke, a solemn and gentle sound, stretching out his palm toward Kyran as magic energy flowed into his body from the surround area. "Come."

[Word Count: 679.]
    [Word Count Total: 2653.]

MP: 3193/3417.

Abilities Used::

Kyran
    Kyran

Character Sheet

Post by Kyran 20th October 2019, 6:28 pm

Kyran watched Aven's transformation with interest. He loved seeing new things. This new magic didn't only pique his interest though. It seems his magic has a seraphic touch. You best be careful, Master Kyran. Not only that, his power is near off your charts. There is little doubt he can wipe you out should he chose to. Kyran chuckled lightly. He'd been well aware of that when he'd proposed the fight. That wasn't the point. This was a test for himself. Too long had Kyran gone without a true challenge. There'd been no point in applying himself in many battles. This one, this battle, required the new VP to put forth his best.

The redhead summoned up his most basic spells. A swirling ball of blood appeared in his left hand. Green wind circled his feet and his arms. A large golden ring encircled one of his fingers. Kyran smiled slowly, his teeth lengthening, sharpening. The ball of blood burst, reforming into a wispy black shape. The shape sank down into Kyran's body. Observing the transformation Aven had gone through made Kyran quickly evaluate his preparations. White lines spread over his chest. The lines thickened before hardening into white armor. Tendrils reached up onto Kyran's cheeks but didn't obscure his face. To replenish his mana loss, the slayer sucked in, eating some of the air around them.

Time to test the waters. Kyran speed forward, slamming his fist in Aven's direction. After the attack, the redhead kept moving. He continued to attack with his fists for the time being. Sad as it might be, Kyran hadn't met anything he couldn't outrun. Not to mention his fists seemed to always be enough. He'd had to learn if that was always the case or merely the result of inadequate opponents. Besides, if this barrage of physical attacks overwhelmed Aven, the white-haired mage wasn't the opponent Kyran had thought he was.

WC: 319
    TWC: 2,621

HP: 920/920
    MP: 452.5/500

spell stuff:

Aven Alveron
    Aven Alveron

Character Sheet

Post by Aven Alveron 22nd October 2019, 4:13 pm

Aven stood atop the increasingly solid cloud of Dark Matter, while Kyran made a number of transformations of his own. An unfortunate side effect of his full Ascendant form, Aven's expressions became harder to read, but there was a slight raise of his eyebrows nonetheless. Kyran seemed to be giving some effort, at least, but as the wizard rocketed forward and began a barrage of punches, his brow dropped in disappointment. Kyran's fists would find no purchase, each punch halted just before connecting by a thin barrier of golden light.

Shaking his head, Aven watched Kyran with a hint of disinterest. It seemed his opponent put great stock in his speed, made evident by the dozens of strikes he was rattling off. Even hundreds of weak strikes would be useless against a defensive opponent; if Kyran wanted to pressure him, he'd need to push himself further. "I thought we agreed we wouldn't be taking it easy, Kyran? You'll need to come at me like you're trying to kill me, if you want to make me move from this spot." Magic energy flowed into Aven once more, while the Dark Matter below began to roil, and five large orbs rose, shooting toward Kyran; Aven didn't expect them to hit, but if he was going to help the mage progress, it wouldn't do to simply give him free reign. Besides, what would the audience think?

[WC: 227.]
    [TWC: 2880.]

Shields: 36,000 Anti-piercing Shielding, 36,000 Shielding.

MP: 3364/3417.

Abilities Used:

Kyran
    Kyran

Character Sheet

Post by Kyran 23rd October 2019, 2:41 pm

Kyran chuckled softly at Aven's disappointed look. This wasn't his best, no but it was his opening move. He always tried to test his opponents first. There hadn't been an opponent strong enough to force his best right out of the gate. Aven's speech only made a wide grin cross Key's face. "I'll never kill out of the gate without a reason, Mr. Alveron. It's..." A strange look drifted across his face. A mixture of pain and memory. Aven's sudden attack didn't allow Key to finish his thought. The redhead tried skipping away from it but the first orb struck him square in the chest. His armor absorbed a small amount of the damage but a majority of it blasted into Kyran's flesh. He didn't feel a thing.

The redhead flew backward away from Aven. His body struggled to function from the massive damage it had been dealt. The blood mage cackled, however. This, this was what he wanted! An all-out fight was the only option he had at this point. Four more orbs floated toward him. Any hesitation would finish this fight. "Forgive and forget" He murmured. A healing glow spread throughout his body. That accomplished, Kyran dismissed his ring. With the powerful magic Aven was throwing around, Kyran was screwed. His armor was badly damaged. The white metal crumbled off him. There wasn't any protective value left in it.

The redhead flipped in midair. He managed to land on his feet. Spells were already weaving through the air around him. A midnight black cloak settled around his shoulders. He appeared to be wrapped in shadow. A sword grew from his left hand. The hilt was the open mouth of a dragon, breathing flames down the blade. A glow quickly covered Kyran from head to toe. A quick breath inward repleashed a small portion of the mana he'd just used. A ball of blood flashed in front of his face. It opened to reveal a blob. At Kyran's touch, the blob became energy encasing his fists.

"Are you ready for me, Mr. Alveron?" Kyran asked. setting his foot. The orbs were closer than he would have liked. They slid closer. Dust was the only thing marking Kyran's passage. He slammed his fist into the barrier, closely followed by his sword. His feet never stopped moving. Kyran never stopped attacking putting up a flurry of strikes with both the sword and his fist. Blood streamed behind his body. His wounds cried out for healing. Kyran didn't even notice. He was caught up in the thrill of battle. The blood mage didn't care who won. He was finally able to put everything he had upon the line. If - when - Aven destroyed him, Kyran would pass into oblivion with a smile on his face.

WC: 464
    TWC: 3,085

HP: 235/920
    MP: 327.5/500

Spell Stuff:

Aven Alveron
    Aven Alveron

Character Sheet

Post by Aven Alveron 23rd October 2019, 4:48 pm

It seemed Aven's words lit a fire under Kyran, because the wizard was raring to go. Still, there were a few lessons to be learned about the flow of combat: every second was crucially important, a resource that one couldn't afford to squander. After another round of powering up, his opponent made a mad dash, rocketing forward into an all-out assault. Aven smiled, watching the mage dead sprint in a slightly slower motion. An ability that Aven didn't employ against weak foes, so long as Kyran was within his range, he perceived time slower in relativity to Kyran; for the most part, he didn't use it often because of how ridiculous it made the world around him seem. Light tended to warp slightly in his vision, especially around any dark matter in the area, and it had taken him nearly a month in his training to become used to that shift in perspective. Against much faster wizards, such as Kyran, however, it was a godsend.

The question became, what to do? It was still far to early in the fight to fire off any serious spells, least of all any of his Circles, but Kyran's speed would be an issue going forward. It would be difficult to tag him with an orb again, now that he'd seen the attack once; besides, Aven hadn't liked how devastating the hit had been. If Aven were much stronger offensively, that hit would have put Kyran out cold, far from the original intent of chasing him from melee range. One particular detail that crossed him as important was the Blood spell: he'd seen similar imbuements from other hemomancers, and it always spelled trouble. The mage that gave Aven his scars had also used hemomancy to great effect, giving him a clear idea of his next move.

As Kyran approached, Aven began an intake of magic once more, specifically draining the power from the blood around the mage's fists, and not a moment too soon. Kyran's onslaught was relentless, as he dashed and ducked, jumped and spun, striking every possible angle of Aven's defenses, searching for an opening to exploit. A few seconds in, Aven's brow raised, his feet firmly planted as the strikes from the sword and fists pounded on the thing barriers of light only centimeters from his armored skin. Is this... his plan? There was wild frenzy to his attacks, like a berserker hell-bent on finishing his final battle.

That wouldn't do, at all. Certainly, While he was happy that Kyran was taking the fight seriously, and following his advice, Aven's advice hadn't included trying to kill _himself_ in the process. Blood spurted from wounds all over the mage's body, torn skin from the wild movements and the injury he'd sustained from the dark orb. Aven's myriad of shields were breaking, one by one, while he pondered whether the fight had gone too far. His final radiance shield shattered, and the strike began to slice and beat against Aven's dark matter hardened skin; he sighed, as he felt his magics begin to restore themselves, the matrices quickly reforming and preparing to re-engage his defenses. The spirit was there, the drive was there, but Kyran still didn't understand the value of time in a battle: in the time it was taking Kyran to chip away at his shields, most opponents could have cast ten completely separate and unique spells. With a small gesture, Aven cast a Judgement Circle, a golden magic circle that hovered several feet above him. "Your moves are too repetitive, Kyran: too predictable. A thousand cuts are nothing compared to a single, decisive strike." As he spoke, a five meter long greatsword of gilded light shot at blinding speed from the Judgement Circle, straight at Kyran. Luckily, his Radiance Magic was designed to knock opponents unconscious, not damage them physically, so it was a safer alternative to his Dark Matter Orbs; had he known the orbs would hit, he never would have summoned them in the first place.

[WC: 669.]
    [TWC: 3549.]

Damage Taken: 39,600 Damage.
    Remaining Shields: 32,400 Anti-piercing Shielding.

Judgement Circle Damage Incoming: 1053 Magic Damage.

Abilities Used:

Kyran
    Kyran

Character Sheet

Post by Kyran 24th October 2019, 4:26 pm

Kyran was surprised by the depth of Aven's defensive magic. In most cases, defenses could be overwhelmed by rapid attacks. While some of Aven's shields were destroyed, it took too long to accomplish. This was pushed home by Aven's words. The redhead didn't stop his assault but he couldn't help thinking there was a better way. Not with his magics. They'd had too wide a focus. Kyran had wanted to cover all his bases and had ended up covering none at all. His lack of mana was disturbing as well. A frown tugged at his lips.

Kyran! Eae shouted suddenly. His back prickled at the same moment. The blood mage merely reacted. A Morph appeared behind him, immediately spreading itself into a shield configuration. He also kicked off Aven. Distance seemed prudent at that moment. He landed several meters away. A glance made Kyran's blood run cold. A shining greatsword was stuck in the Morph. The configuration of the spell must have stopped it dead. Otherwise, Morph or no Morph, the spell would have nailed him in the back. The redhead shivered, though he didn't know if it was from excitement or disappointment. Not once had he made Aven sweat in this fight. There was a chasm between them.

Kyran laughed, favoring Aven with a bow. "You have an impeccable defense, Mr. Alveron. It's no wonder why my sister speaks so highly of you." Blood swirled in the air around the redhead. He looked at his hand. The knuckles were torn to hell. Bone peeked through the skin in a couple of places. Aven had somehow managed to cancel the Morph. So a single spell approach was in essence useless. The blood rose from his ruined hand, swirling into a large ball. It floated behind him, alighting upon the ground. Kyran lowered his hand. "I'll come at you with everything I've got now. Or at least, everything I have left."

Another blood ball rose to alight upon the ground behind Kyran. Both were the size of people and that was what they revealed as they opened. On the left was a radiant woman, clothed in robes of white. The color made it appear as if she was clothed in the soft light from the sun. Red markings on the robe stood in stark contrast. Long black hair was piled on top of her head in an elaborate hairdo. To her back was strapped a katana. A wakizashi nestled at her hip. This was drawn, appearing to be made of sunlight, and raised above her head. Light bathed Kyran and a few of his wounds closed.

On the right was a pale man. Large blue robes, too large for his body, clothed him. Silver trimming marked the sleeves and swam along the seams. His long black hair was drawn up into a ponytail. Swords rested at his right hip. The man's eyes were pale, almost blind, with large purple bags beneath them. A single tear slid down his cheek. Kyran was bathed in light once more, though this time it appeared to be moonlight. More of Kyran's wounds closed. Additionally, A pale nimbus of blue light sprang up around the redhead. It moved as he did, outlining his body. Their tasks complete for the time being, the summons moved back and ran in opposite directions. They never stopped moving for a moment.

Kyran sprang back into motion. This time he didn't run at Aven but around him, at a distance. The circle grew ever wider as the blood mage prepared. A deep breath replenished a tiny portion of his mana. The lack of a large mana pool weighed heavily. It limited his options to a fraction of what might be needed to take Aven on. So be it. "Fire, that burns all hearts. Vengeance, that grips the pure. Shadows, that darken the day. Pain, that bane of life. Death, that final countenance. Howl, Dark Wolf of Violence! Ahriman!" Another ball of blood formed. However, this one was surrounded by black chains. These shattered as the ball opened. A massive black wolf with gleaming red eyes stood there. Smoke rose from his mouth with every breath. "Howl, my demonic wolf! Then grace us with the largest pack you can muster!"

The wolf threw back his head. A low reverberating sound graced the battlefield. Kyran and his summons became faster. Seconds later, clones of the wolf poured forth. Satisfied, Kyran summoned a dagger to his free hand. Whispering to the knife, Kyran darted toward Aven. His feet left the ground. From the sky, and the ground. "Attack!" The woman raised her katana, causing a great flash of light. She vanished. Ahriman roared, his pack surging forward. For a moment, Kyran's fleeting form was enveloped by shadows. The shadows broke into a multitude of tendrils trailing behind the redhead. Wind whipped through the arena. It formed into dozens of green chains in the sky. Kyran swung his dagger, the blade splitting into multiple copies of itself. Everything, all at once, an attempt to overwhelm Aven in 'one strike'. Only Tsukuyomi, the pale man, stayed out of the fight. A deep red mist spread from under Kyran's coat, descending upon the fight as a wave.

Five dozen wind chains, ten blades, twenty-one wolves, one sunlight lady with multiple attacks, twenty-five tendrils of darkness, several glowing tendrils that burst from Kyran's cloak, one roaring fireball from his sword, and Kyran's lightning-fast sword/dagger strikes struck Aven's shields nearly simultaneously. The redhead focused on a single goal. Breaking Aven's defensive stance. If he could manage that, it would be a victory in his book.

WC: 936
    TWC: 4,021

HP: 390/920
    MP: 50/500

Initial attack: 43,432.65 HP
    14,642.4‬ HP every second after

Spell Stuff:

Aven Alveron
    Aven Alveron

Character Sheet

Post by Aven Alveron 26th October 2019, 9:02 pm

Aven was at an impasse: should he simply end the fight, and teach Kyran a vital lesson about magic combat, or let him save face in front of the West Fiore Trading Company, while learning nothing? There was little doubt in Aven's mind that Kyran would eventually be killed by his battle theatrics. First rule of magic combat: long incantations are suicide. Talking too much, in general, was incredibly foolish, as it could draw a wizard's attention away from his opponent. He did raise an eyebrow at the sister comment, though. Speaks highly of me? Wait... red hair? Was he Masha's brother? An entertaining thought, as it occurred, but hardly one that mattered at the moment: his mind was focused, as it always was in battle, and besides that, drawing off Kyran's speed had made Aven's cognitive processes lightning quick. The few errant thoughts were entertained for a brief moment, before being archived for later.

Aven watched, a tad impatiently, while Kyran began to rattle off Summons, one after another, in a last ditch effort to break his shields. It didn't help, of course, that he was viewing the spectacle in an accelerated state of mind, causing the scene to flow abnormally slow for him. Aven had to give it to the new VP, he really didn't give up, though that kind of blind determination was also the second reason Aven would give his performance in the battle a fairly low grade. For one thing, Kyran had a terrible habit of wasting time, and leaving himself devastatingly open to attack. If it were a real battle, even if the two of them were on the same level, Kyran would have been overwhelmed countless times by now! It was plain as day that he'd never actually pushed his limits, or faced an opponent that he couldn't just punch unconscious. Multiple summons... Kyran did seem intent on throwing everything he had at Aven; however, it was directionless. Kyran was focusing all his effort on casting as many spells as possible, completely forgetting that for every moment he did so, Aven could follow suit.

Yes, that would work. Aven could still teach him the consequences of leaving an opponent unchecked, by showing him just how much one could accomplished in that time. As Kyran rattled off his summons, Aven began to create additional defenses: a dark shell enveloped his body, followed by a myriad of golden orbs and auras of light, as well as three layered magic circles under his feet. It became almost difficult to see him through the brilliance he was exuding, and more pressingly, the sheer magic pressure he was giving off; a bit too dramatic a spectacle for Aven's taste, but that had been the story of this entire duel. As he absorbed another chunk of magic from the area around him, he tore the energy from the wind chains, shattering the spell, and as a finishing touch, activated all three magic circles at once, imbuing him with even further defensive might. Hopefully, Kyran would learn, then and there, that every second of a battle mattered.

[WC: 518.]
    [TWC: 4067.]

Shielding: 72,000 Shielding.
    Anti-Piercing Shielding: 50,440 Anti-Piercing Shielding.
    Physical Shielding: 29,700 Physical-Only Shielding.

Abilities Used:

Kyran
    Kyran

Character Sheet

Post by Kyran 29th October 2019, 7:47 am

It was over. Kyran hovered over Aven. The magical pressure was immense. Aven's defenses were impenetrable. There was nothing left for Kyran to throw at him. He could deplete himself of mana without ever making a dent in those shields. The VP slowly lowered himself to the ground. A few things had become clear to him. "I concede, Mr. Alveron. You've controlled this battle since the beginning. I lost sight of the battlefield. Lost sight of myself. Focused only on my goal. Had you wished it, instead of increasing your defenses that last round, you could have eliminated me from the battle." DIsmissing his spells, Kyran bowed slowly to his opponent. "Whether or not you meant to teach me, I have learned something today. I'll better myself for this company, for the family they've become so I might never let one of them come to harm. Thank you for the lesson."

Kyran couldn't help smirking as he rose from his bow. Reflecting back on the battle was painful. Not because of his overwhelming defeat. Rather it was a clear guide to how far he'd fallen. Once, Kyran had analyzed the battlefield. Fought strategically. Now he fought like a savage. It was truly demoralizing to witness. The VP offered Aven his hand. "Thank you for your time, Mr. Alveron. I'm sure you had better things to do than indulge the whimsical fantasies of an overconfident petulant child, such as myself."

WC: 239
    TWC: 4,260

Current date/time is 28th April 2024, 2:05 pm