Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Brighter Horizons

Lemony.Boy
    Lemony.Boy

Player 
    Lineage : Brute of Fiore
    Position : None
    Guild : Errings Rising
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 10,343

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Brighter Horizons Empty Brighter Horizons

Post by Lemony.Boy 18th January 2019, 11:17 pm

Zachariah arrived at the edge of the Ace of Spades just as the orange morning sun ascended the horizon, sore from his travels.  He held the keys to his new condo in hand, but the enormity of the city made directions difficult to follow.  As much as he loved wandering about, he wanted nothing but a place to rest his feet and back now.  Despite the arriving morning, the streets were still dark.  And, seeing no other bodies nearby, Zachariah reached his hands out and called for his magic, lighting the streetlamps in different colors.  They flickered to life, illuminating the sings at every corner until he read what he needed to, but Zachariah still couldn't find where he was supposed to go.  He looked up at the castle in the center of the city, Sabertooth's home, brightly shining in the dawn's rays.  The city still rested, save for a small corner cafe.  So, Zachariah decided to rest in its salon until the city awoke.  He'd only been to this place once before, when he initially joined Sabertooth, but never returned to partake in the guild's activities.  He was nervous and restless in an unfamiliar place, but hoped to change that unfamiliarity soon.

"A large coffee, please," he muttered, voice soft and nearly inaudible.

He vividly remembered the first time he'd been here, when he'd collected many eyes for his scars and vibrant hair and skin.  Although accustomed to strange looks, they made him uneasy nonetheless.  In those days, he wore a short collared jacket, brazenly expressing the purple, lightning shaped scars that descended from his jaw to far bellow his collar.  But now, he wears a pea coat with a collar that hides his neck and some of his jaw.  Having traveled for jobs in the past weeks, he never had a chance to sit down.  But when he sat down at the cafe in the quiet morning, his eyelids quickly drooped and became heavy.  His head fell on his arms, and he dozed off for a minute.

Zachariah felt himself being watched, and jumped up at the slightest unnatural sound.  "Hello?" he called, scanning the road around him.  "Is anyone there?"

Ace of Spades was a strange place to him, but if it was going to be his new, permanent home, he had to make it work.
    Victoria Sheridan
    Victoria Sheridan

Alt Account- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Legal Guild Ace- Z-Rank- Y-Rank- X-Rank- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- EXP Grinder- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Limited Edition- Unknown Powerhouse- Unknown Legend- The Completionist- Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Sticking Around- Taskmaster- Halloween Social- Halloween job event participant - Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- Summer Special Participant- Player 
    Lineage : Shadows Of Anarchy
    Faction : The Luminous Covenant
    Guild : Sabertooth
    Experience : 5,482,708

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Merces Letifer
    Second Skill: Combat Medic
    Third Skill:

Brighter Horizons Empty Re: Brighter Horizons

Post by Victoria Sheridan 18th January 2019, 11:45 pm

Victoria was in her usual place behind the bar helping everyone get ready for opening time. It was never too early to start drinking, but the favored beverage for most early morning visitors was coffee... the stronger the better. Marceline was going to teach Victoria the basics of coffee making so that the brunette could sling drinks other than alcoholic ones. Diversity was never a bad thing.

Wearing a blue t-shirt and khaki cargo shorts with white tennis shoes, Victoria wore a black apron over her clothes. She and Marceline were washing drinking glasses for the day ahead because lunch hour tended to deplete the supply of ready glasses in a matter of minutes. Marceline was checking the coffee supply while Victoria finished washing glasses for lunch hour.

"Hey Victoria, did you hear a voice in the restaurant?" Marceline's question interrupted the early morning calm and made the brunette set down the glass and dry her hands on a white bar towel hanging on the oven. As the only "ranking" member of Sabertooth who was close by, she was obligated to check things out and make sure that no one was up to mischief on Sabertooth property. She was not an Ace, but no one was going to ruin Sabertooth property on her watch. If someone was ruining guild property, Ryo would have to get in line because the brunette wanted the first shot at beating the offender like they owed her money.

"I'm not sure, but I'll go look. Stay here until I tell you its safe." Victoria cautioned her friend and co-worker. Marceline nodded and kept taking stock of the coffee. Victoria exited the kitchen and walked behind the bar to find a young man with a pea jacket covering his neck and most of his jaw sitting at a table. He was currently not a threat, so she decided to engage him in conversation because it was her job as a part-time restaurant worker.

"Hi there. Can I help you?" Victoria asked the youth, drying her hands off on her apron.
    Lemony.Boy
    Lemony.Boy

Player 

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Lemony.Boy 19th January 2019, 12:35 am

Zachariah jumped slightly, head twirling around until he saw the girl before him.  He scratched his head nervously and stood up to greet her.  His face glowed a pale pink in the cheeks.  "Uh, hi," he said, averting eye contact.  "My name is Zachariah.  I just came to town this morning."

He nervously rocked on his heels, admiring the infrastructure.  "I've been looking around town for my place, but I think right now I'd just like a coffee and a place to rest my feet.  And maybe a human to talk to," he sighed.  "Oh, what is your name by the way?"
    His eyes darted to different parts of the restaurant, admiring the infrastructure and quiet sounds.  He turned his attention back to Victoria and hesitantly smiled.  "I'm actually, uh, also a Sabertooth mage.  I just never come to the hall...or town."

He sat back down, restlessly tapping his fingers on the table, seemingly gesturing for Victoria to sit and join him as well.  He pulled his collar a bit higher, suddenly feeling a bit self-conscious about his scars.  Today had been a wild affair already, little sleep, deep purple eyebags, jittery in his bones.  Victoria didn't at all seem malevolent or threatening to him, or perhaps traveling alone for months made him eager to talk another person.
    Victoria Sheridan
    Victoria Sheridan

Alt Account- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Legal Guild Ace- Z-Rank- Y-Rank- X-Rank- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- EXP Grinder- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Limited Edition- Unknown Powerhouse- Unknown Legend- The Completionist- Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Sticking Around- Taskmaster- Halloween Social- Halloween job event participant - Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- Summer Special Participant- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Victoria Sheridan 19th January 2019, 10:15 pm

Victoria learned that the other guy was a Sabertooth mage who was returning to the fold. That was good enough for her. Now that there was no threat to the restaurant, she had to go back and let Marceline know that it was safe to come out. She spoke to him briefly.

"Hang on. I'll be right back." Victoria said to him. She then walked back into the kitchen where Marceline was sorting out the coffee brands and flavors. Victoria flashed her a thumbs-up.

"It's OK, Marceline. The guy's a Sabertooth mage who hasn't been here in awhile. We don't have anything to worry about." Victoria told her friend, who was visibly relieved at the news. Now that she had done that, she walked back into the restaurant to speak with the fellow, who had given his name as Zachariah. She wondered why he did not visit Ace of Spade very much... maybe he was just a mage who ran a lot of jobs like she did. Victoria had not heard any warnings about him from Ryo, Imai, Gaia, or any other guild authority figures, so she assumed that he was on the up and up and had not been cast out of the guild.

Victoria pulled out an empty chair and sat on the opposite side of him.

"I'm Victoria Sheridan. if you need some coffee, I can get it for you." Victoria introduced herself to Zachariah. He seemed jittery and self-conscious about something but otherwise OK. Maybe he was just used to not being around females after spending so much time on the road.
    Lemony.Boy
    Lemony.Boy

Player 

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Lemony.Boy 20th January 2019, 1:33 pm

Zachariah took a deep breath, trying to collect himself and prevent his abnormal fidgeting.  He exhaled, smiled and nodded his head. "Some coffee would be lovely," he said.  "Your hospitality is remarkable," he added, "I'm sorry if I'm acting a little, uh, strange.  I haven't slept all night and I've been on my feet all morning."
     Zachariah eased in his seat and reclined back. There was an odd familiarity about Victoria, a similar energy. She seemed like a busy person too, but Zachariah couldn't quite put his finger on what she reminded him of. He wanted to get to know here a little better, but wasn't quite sure how to go about friendly conversation.
    "After this," he began, "could you help me find my way around town? I'm not all that good at directions, especially here."
    Victoria Sheridan
    Victoria Sheridan

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Victoria Sheridan 20th January 2019, 8:09 pm

"OK, I'll get you some strong coffee. I'll be right back." Victoria said to Zachariah, going back to the kitchen and informing Marceline of the coffee order. Marceline nodded and began to brew up the beverage, the aroma of strong coffee filling the air in the kitchen. Once it was finished, the black-haired staff member handed Victoria the white mug and the brunette carried it back to the patiently waiting Sabertooth member, setting it down in front of him.

"Here you go, Zachariah. A freshly made cup of strong coffee." Victoria said to him before retaking her seat. She recalled him explaining that he had been on his feet all morning and that he had not slept all night as reasons for any odd behavior that he might be exhibiting. She took it in stride because she knew how that felt. After escaping from the Corlone mansion thanks to Ted Cranston, she was too wired and in too much pain to sleep.

"I don't mind showing hospitality. It's what I do as part-time staff." Victoria said to him. She then remembered him asking for directions around town. She was not able to help there because she had never traveled through the town other than from the train station and from the tavern.

"As far as directions around town go, I'm afraid I won't be much help. You see, I don't know my way around town either. We'd have to learn it together, but my shift doesn't end for several more hours." Victoria explained to Zachariah.
    Lemony.Boy
    Lemony.Boy

Player 

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Lemony.Boy 22nd January 2019, 11:44 pm

The scent of coffee was soothing to the senses.  He sighed, shoulders relaxing.  "Thank you," he added, taking long sips of the drink.
    He wasn't quite sure what to say or ask, or what was appropriate for him to ask.  He sure as hell didn't want to seem as if he was coming off too strongly, or that he was invading her personal space, but he was in need of a friend.  Normally, he'd be willing to wait those couple of hours until her shift ended, but in his current state, he felt unable to keep his head up for more than a few seconds at a time.  He felt his head sliding, falling asleep on the table, but he pulled himself together.

"So," he began.  "Are you a guild member as well?" he asked, then awkwardly smiled, afraid he'd been too forward.  "I hope you don't mind me asking.  I really don't know any of my fellow guildmates and I've been hoping to change that."  He was fidgeting again; thumb caressing the seam of his coat.  Most of his clothes were noticeably dirty from his journey, specks of grey dust on his shoulders and such.  He'd tried to ignore it until now, but the sudden realization that he had to look presentable in front of other people immediately dawned on him.  Though, clean clothes would have to wait for a while.  If he could combat a pack of wolves in the Spooky Forest the evening before, he could get through a sleepless day, he thought.He hummed in thought, "To kill some time, perhaps I can help you wait on tables for the day.  If it's fine by you, of course."
    Victoria Sheridan
    Victoria Sheridan

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Victoria Sheridan 23rd January 2019, 10:06 pm

"Yeah, I'm a guild member myself. I joined a few months ago. I'm liking Sabertooth so far because it feels like I'm wanted here. I also think Ryo's a good guy to know." Victoria told Zachariah while the latter drank the coffee that had been brought to him. She left out a lot of details, like how she had come her directly from Black Rose after the guild she had called home for a long time disbanded and she needed a new place to go to keep her friends Samantha and Marceline safe from the Corlones. She also left out how she had once been an Ace for Black Rose in case Zachariah or someone he knew had a grudge against the defunct guild.

She heard him say that he would be interested in waiting on tables to kill some time if she did not mind. Victoria herself did not mind, but the final decision was up to Will, the fellow entrusted with running the tavern. He was the one in charge of deciding who worked here and who did not.

"I can talk to Will about it. There might be an opening available for today. I'll go talk to him if you want." Victoria offered to talk to Will on Zachariah's behalf... if the returning guild member wanted her to do so, that was.
    Lemony.Boy
    Lemony.Boy

Player 

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Lemony.Boy 29th January 2019, 10:19 pm

"Oh, of course.  I'm always willing to lend a hand to a friend in need," he said confidently.  Zachariah smiled innocently, "Or fellow guildmate, I mean."  He felt slightly ashamed for wanting to hide his identity.  Before joining the guild, he was a freelance mage, a vigilante wandering about Fiore.  Zachariah had no real friends, save for the people he met on missions, and traveled for the most part alone.  Often, he heard people in the countryside refer to him as the Lightbringer of the East, a title which he didn't mind.  Knowing his work was recognized caused a warm, welcoming feeling inside.  He thought that being a part of Sabertooth, or any guild for that matter, would help him do more good in the world and help him to meet more people.  In reality, he felt like an outcast still, as he always has.  Though, now that he was back in Ace of Spades for a while, he was determined to make a change and put himself out there, make some new friends.

Zachariah felt that building a part-time life in Ace of Spades would be a great way to finally feel like a member of the team.  He was a little surprised to hear that Victoria was also relatively new, feeling comforted that he wasn't the only newbie around.  From what he'd seen so far, she seemed to fit right in, which is what he wanted as well.  "I won't stay for very long, just until the afternoon perhaps.  I'd hate to impose," he added, nervously scratching the back of his head.  
    Aura
    Aura

Moderator- Mythical VIP Status- Knight VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Dragon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- Haiku Contest Participant- Lineage Making Contest Participant- Rich- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 3rd Place Event/Contest Winner- Player 
    Lineage : Gingerbread Man
    Guild : Sabertooth 《Guildmaster》
    Cosmic Coins : 400
    Experience : 60,342

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Fires of Creation
    Second Skill: The Riyenas
    Third Skill:

Post by Aura 9th March 2019, 7:49 pm

Early mornings did not suit the fire dragon slayer one bit. No matter how beautiful certain orange-hued sunsets could be; how serenely they reflected upon watery surfaces and in people's eyes. How the cold morning air nipped at one's skin when they ventured outside before the first rays of dawn had managed to touch the in-darkness-covered plains of Earthland. Okay, perhaps she'd lied about that part. Kenna did in fact enjoy the early mornings because of that; of the calmth they radiated. Few people were awake during it as well, which was a blessing for the Ace. She didn't quite like the large crowds that usually made Ace of Spades' streets bustling and vibrant. The other reason was that she just disliked getting up early. She was no early bird, enjoying the warmth of her bed above many things. Yet today, she'd been on her way far too early.

Perched between her arms were a rather significant stack of paperwork, a few binders and a handful of magical tools to ease out the calculating of financial algorithms for those without letter magic. The white-haired mage had slightly forgotten to implement these files into the upcoming report deadline she needed to send to the government, along with some other documents she'd left behind in the Red Dragon Inn. Having been left in charge of their financial state had left Kenna busy, but she at least wanted to thank Will for all the effort he'd done to house the guild when the castle had fallen. In the demoness' eyes she owed it to him. So screwing up by not including the documents wasn't quite how she wished to repay him for it. And thus she'd found herself having gathered all her things, leaving the comfort of her room in the guild to focus on her work at the inn itself.

She nearly stormed into the tavern, clenching her hands around the documents to make sure the wouldn't fall and headed over to the bar, hastily conveying that she was in dire need of certain things. The woman seemed to nod and rushed off to get the things Kenna requested, allowing the demoness to walk over to the nearest table and dropping all her things on top of it. A sigh escaped her body as she stared at the pile of paper and started organising them in neat stacks until Marceline returned, handing her another binder. Kenna nodded and thanked her, catching her gaze going beyond her. Kenna stopped and turned her head, realising she hadn't been alone in the tavern so early in the morning. At a table closer to the fire sat Victoria with a man she was only seeing for the first time now... or... No, the man did look familiar. She had seen him before, during the party for her younger sister Mia. She would've been of bad memory to forget about someone with his type of appearance. Both seemed busy with their conversation so the mage didn't want to interrupt them, yet being torn between not greeting them and possibly being considered impolite, or to interrupt them by greeting them, the latter seemed more favorable. She left her paperwork behind for a short moment and headed over to the table the twosome were seated at. She waited for a short break inbetween their words before she started speaking. "Good morning Victoria, sir. I'm sorry to interrupt your conversation, but I couldn't help but wonder... are you by any chance Zachariah?" The demoness asked carefully, but quickly added an introduction to it. "Ah, forgive my rudeness, Kenna Terrynhain. I believe we met briefly at the Liu party back in Sakuramori?" she said, extending a hand to the prism-haired male.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

And be she but Small,
    she is Fierce

Brighter Horizons GWsGXSQ

.:} The Road of Desire |Fire Dragon Slayer | Kenna Terrynhain {:.
    .:} The Nightmare in Your Head | Avide - Combat Pet {:.

D~4 ||C~4 ||B~2 ||A~ ||S~

Slots: 4/6

Lemony.Boy
    Lemony.Boy

Player 

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Lemony.Boy 11th March 2019, 4:43 pm

Upon hearing his name, Zachariah hesitantly turned around.  He was sure people around these parts did not know him, but seeing Kenna's familiar face was a reassurance.
    He distinctly remembered her from the party in Sakuramori, recalling that she was a Sabertooth mage as well.  Though he'd been drowsy for most of the morning, his memory did not falter.  "Yeah," he replied, "yeah. That's me.  I'm Zachariah."  He shook her hand confidently. "I do remember you from the party, actually," he said.  Although their meeting and introduction at the party were quite brief, Zachariah could surely remember a face like hers, as well as the unique magical aura about her.  "I didn't realize you were in Ace of Spades too.  Do all Sabertooth mages live around here?" he questioned.  "I have not been here in quite some time, actually."

He counted himself lucky to even have more than a few acquaintances in the guild, but never expected one of them to be the ace.  Hopefully, he would stay within her good graces.  She seemed powerful, but was also quite polite and well-mannered.  He was also surprised to see this many people up at this hour, thinking most residents in the city would be fast asleep in their beds at home.  Then again, he didn't know very much about the guild's people or its history.  But, that was a fact he was dying to change.
    Victoria Sheridan
    Victoria Sheridan

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Victoria Sheridan 15th March 2019, 10:15 pm

When Kenna arrived on the scene to speak to Zachariah, Victoria scaled down her involvement in the conversation and let the Guild Ace take the lead. The brunette was quick to notice that the two had met before. Zachariah had met Kenna at a party some time ago long before Victoria joined the guild.

"Hey there Kenna. I don't believe we've met before. I'm Victoria Sheridan." Victoria greeted the newly arrived Ace. The only guild member she met when she joined the guild was Ryo Knetegawa himself, who was the Guild Master. She also met the Guild Pet named Ratatoskr. He was a strange squirrel whose first action upon seeing Victoria was to threaten to lob a fairly large acorn at herself and Ryo, but the Guild Master managed to prevent him from doing so. Victoria was glad that he did because she did not want to make an enemy of the Guild Pet.

"Unless I'm needed, I'll just let you two talk." Victoria offered to Kenna and Zachariah.

Current date/time is 6th May 2024, 5:33 am